Extremis Ironman vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
No Godwave

Who takes it?

Blair Wind
Wonder Woman. Easily. Extremis gets too much credit for upping the anti with Ironman. It has not made him be able to cut into the top tier class of DC characters. erm

golem370
Didn't he got toe to toe with Sentry?

Juntai
Originally posted by golem370
Didn't he got toe to toe with Sentry? No.

Juntai
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Wonder Woman. Easily. Extremis gets too much credit for upping the anti with Ironman. It has not made him be able to cut into the top tier class of DC characters. erm Ante, bro.

Evangel94
Depending where the battle takes place, Iron Man, may be able to use the environment to his advantage. Strength-wise It's close, but Wonder Woman probably has the edge in raw strength.

Evangel94
Originally posted by golem370
Didn't he got toe to toe with Sentry?

Yes, Extremis Iron Man did battle with Sentry.

grey fox
Originally posted by Evangel94

eek! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kutulu
Originally posted by darthgoober
No Godwave

Who takes it?

This is a toughie. Wonder Woman clearly has a huge strength advantage, but the Extremis upgrade put Iron Man into a whole other speed class than he was before (he was able to match spiderman's agility and surpass it, which is saying a lot).

The human non-armored that was upgraded with Extremis was able to run at 300 mph on foot. Iron Man's durability isn't that great though, as first time he fought Sentry he got one-shotted when Sentry attacked him from behind, and second time only won through trickery which he won't be able to use against Wonder Woman.

Let's compare advantages:
Strength: Wonder Woman by a large extent
Speed: Iron Man by a fair margin (Extremis upgrade put him in top tier for speed and agility).
Fighting ability: Wonder Woman, but due to armor recording combat moves, only by a small amount
Durability: Wonder Woman by a slim margin
Attack tricks & gadgets: Iron Man by a large amount (his armor can record and defend against fighting moves, plus has a huge bag of tricks to call upon).

I'm going to go with a slight majority to Iron Man, 6/10, with Wonder Woman easily getting some wins in on this.

Symmetric Chaos
5/10

it seems pretty even to me WW just needs a couple shots to take him out but she's not going to get all of them

plus Iron Man has a lot of gadgets (not all of them are gonna take WW)

Juntai
Yes, Extremis Iron Man did battle with Sentry. He didn't toe to toe with him though and was obviously outmatched, the only thing Iron Man beat was a weak firewall. Something that won't help him against a bloodlusted Princess of the Amazons.

Juntai
Originally posted by Kutulu
This is a toughie. Wonder Woman clearly has a huge strength advantage, but the Extremis upgrade put Iron Man into a whole other speed class than he was before (he was able to match spiderman's agility and surpass it, which is saying a lot).

The human non-armored that was upgraded with Extremis was able to run at 300 mph on foot. Iron Man's durability isn't that great though, as first time he fought Sentry he got one-shotted when Sentry attacked him from behind, and second time only won through trickery which he won't be able to use against Wonder Woman.

Speed: Iron Man by a fair margin (Extremis upgrade put him in top tier for speed and agility).
Fighting ability: Wonder Woman, but due to armor recording combat moves, only by a small amount
Attack tricks & gadgets: Iron Man by a large amount (his armor can record and defend against fighting moves, plus has a huge bag of tricks to call upon).

I'm going to go with a slight majority to Iron Man, 6/10, with Wonder Woman easily getting some wins in on this. Did you just say he beats Wondy in speed by a fair margin?

xmarksthespot
Going toe to toe does not entail getting wtfpwned and then winning via plot device.

And Iron Man has nothing on WW's speed and reflexes.

Edit: And this has been done before.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Is Extremist Iron Man strong enough to move a third of the Earth? I don't know that much about him. Can he move as Fast as the God Mercury? Can he Punch Diana As Hard as Superman or Zoom? Is he as good a fighter as Thor? If he is then, WW is in trouble. I don't know enough about Etremist to give a good opinion but I know you would need these things to stalemate of beat Diana.

grey fox

Let's just ignore the fact that IRON SPIDEY smashed Tony clean through a wall and dodged every shot. Close to spidey , my ass !

The human non-armored that was upgraded with Extremis was able to run at 300 mph on foot.

Non-factor. Stark used a 'revised' version of the virus. So whatever the Extremis thug did doesn't matter.

Iron Man's durability isn't that great though, as first time he fought Sentry he got one-shotted when Sentry attacked him from behind, and second time only won through trickery which he won't be able to use against Wonder Woman.

Pretty much

Yup

WRONG

Diana punched out ZOOM , tripped Flash and can keep up with Supes.

Once again WRONG . The armour recorded EVERY punch Caps ever thrown , as in long-term. A few hits from Diana wont allow stark to suddenly know her entire 'move-list'

SLIM !!!! laughing

When I see Ironman get knocked clean through the atmosphere , near to the sun and then all the way back again THEN it'll be a 'slim margin'

Dian's various magical items pwn ANYTHING Stark can come up with.

Innerhype
Iron Man takes this again

grey fox
Originally posted by Innerhype
Iron Man takes this again

You draw that picture ?

Blair Wind
no expression

Did someone say Ironman had her in speed?

Innerhype
Originally posted by grey fox
You draw that picture ?

Nah, I wish I could draw that good though big grin

grey fox
Originally posted by Innerhype
Nah, I wish I could draw that good though big grin

It's pretty good (though the groin cables and chunky shoulders are a little iffy)

Evangel94
Close to spidey , my ass !

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/9674/scan0019kx4.th.jpghttp://img292.imageshack.us/img292/4351/scan0020ur3.th.jpghttp://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4214/scan0021ym5.th.jpg

Well...it looks like you have to give up that ass of yours then.

D-Block
Ironman is outmatched in speed, strength, durability, and skill. And if WW brings her weapons she'll just win quicker but she will win.

Doctor S.T.D.
The only way Iron man has a chance is if he is doing this in Hulk Buster Armour, or the Adamantium one he created. Note the Extermis is not really part of the armour and can always be utilized. If he's allowed to use various suits Alla New Avengers Annual, his chances Improve. She's not on superman level durability and speed after all, and I've yet to see her lift anything heavier than a large mountain, without the help of others, namely supes. Don't forget Thor and Herc are in this strength category as is the Sentry (Probably above), and he's has taken on all of these before, with a single suit with some success.

guy222
Originally posted by Doctor S.T.D.
The only way Iron man has a chance is if he is doing this in Hulk Buster Armour, or the Adamantium one he created. Note the Extermis is not really part of the armour and can always be utilized. If he's allowed to use various suits Alla New Avengers Annual, his chances Improve. She's not on superman level durability and speed after all, and I've yet to see her lift anything heavier than a large mountain, without the help of others, namely supes. Don't forget Thor and Herc are in this strength category as is the Sentry (Probably above), and he's has taken on all of these before, with a single suit with some success.

Hercules stronger than Thor

Thor has stated in the past

Innerhype
Originally posted by guy222
Hercules stronger than Thor

Thor has stated in the past

Either way, Iron Man has traded punches with Hercules in the past, and even administred a "Hulk punch" to him that KO'd Herc in a single blow.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Doctor S.T.D.

Her Durability is in fact near Superman's when it comes to certain types of Dmg. As shown when She was punched from the Sun to the Earth in under a minute. She has lifted The Falling Asteroid in the JLA Titans Technis Imperitive which was way larger than a mountain. Terra can throw mountains around like pebbles and Diana stopped that Meteor with EASE. Hulk Buster Armor is still not any way to win. Becuz Hulk is slow and without Diana's Magical weapons or skill.

grey fox
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/9674/scan0019kx4.th.jpghttp://img292.imageshack.us/img292/4351/scan0020ur3.th.jpghttp://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4214/scan0021ym5.th.jpg

Well...it looks like you have to give up that ass of yours then.

He had pre-cog. His plot devicey 'Iron Sense' . Hell he even stated it ON THAT PANEL. Are you so intent on getting a cheap shot that you ignore basic dialouge ? Tsk tsk.

I'll take my ass back thank you very much wink

Evangel94
Question:

From what I've established, Wonder Woman is protected against blunt damage like from a punch from Superman, but can be injured from arrows, swords, and bullets.

So what's to stop Iron Man from shoving his armor fingers with through her flesh at Mach 8? I'm sure Iron Man could generate enough force focused on the tip of his fingers, in the exact similar fashion of an arrow or bullet.

How will her skin protect her from his energy swords and beam cutters to slice or cut up parts of her body. I'm sure her skin is tough, but focused pin-point attacks can injure her.

Anyone else's thoughts on this?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Question:

From what I've established, Wonder Woman is protected against blunt damage like from a punch from Superman, but can be injured from arrows, swords, and bullets.

So what's to stop Iron Man from shoving his armor fingers with through her flesh at Mach 8? I'm sure Iron Man could generate enough force focused on the tip of his fingers, in the exact similar fashion of an arrow or bullet.

How will her skin protect her from his energy swords and beam cutters to slice or cut up parts of her body. I'm sure her skin is tough, but focused pin-point attacks can injure her.

Anyone else's thoughts on this?
That is what her Bracelets and Godlike Speed and reflexes are for. I also don't think a bullet can kill diana. Only her skin has this certain weakness, But her bones seem to be extremely resilliant as shown by her landing on earth at faster than light speeds with nothing broken.

grey fox
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
That is what her Bracelets and Godlike Speed and reflexes are for.
Pretty much.

Plus the whole 'Cross the bracelets and invincible shield' thing.

Evangel94
He had pre-cog. His plot devicey 'Iron Sense' . Hell he even stated it ON THAT PANEL. Are you so intent on getting a cheap shot that you ignore basic dialouge ? Tsk tsk.

I'll take my ass back thank you very much wink

Spiderman has the same "plot devicey" spider-sense since he was created. Are you trying to suggest we dismiss everything he's done because of his plot-device like spider-sense?

King_Mungi
Well cue the fact Iron Man was even messing up Spider-Man's spider- sense during the fight as well.

grey fox
Spiderman has the same "plot devicey" spider-sense since he was created. Are you trying to suggest we dismiss everything he's done because of his plot-device like spider-sense?

No because it's ALWAYS been part of Spideys arsenal , from the get go.

This is cheap bullshit written by some lame-ass who couldn't even be bothered to think of a decent explanation out of the (myriad) of reasons for Parkers SS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.