Ryu Hayabusa vs Hayate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Ryu Hayabusa and Kasumi are engaged.

Eventhough this calls for a celebration, there is much concern, mainly because of a loophole in the Mugen Tenshin laws in which since Ryu is now a member of the clan by marriage, then Kasumi would not only be reinstated back into the clan, but can be allowed to return to the Mugen Tenshin village.

After listening to the Hajinmon sect's grievances - mainly Ayane's - Hayate comes forward with a solution. For some time, he had long wished to test Hayabusa in combat and issues an open challenge to his prospective brother-in-law.

Should Hayabusa win, then all is forgiven and Kasumi will be given a pardon from all offenses. If Hayate win, then Kasumi will still be pardoned, but can't return to the village, nor to the clan.

This is a straight-up ninja match. Ninpo, weapons and everything else is enabled.

Cloud_VII

Actually Ryu and Hayate fought each other in DOA3, but I'm not sure exactly who won that match.

Ryu's advantage over Hayate is the fact that he has a bigger list of magic abilities and possesses the True Dragon Sword. This is just human Ryu.

Ryu in his fiendish form has dramatically increased strength, more durability, and is overall a more fierce opponent.

Hayate would lose, but it's not going to be as easy for Ryu as it may seem. Hayate would have a 40% percent chance of winning against Ryu in his normal form, and a 28% percent of winning against Ryu in his fiendish form.

That's my two cents.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Cloud_VII

Actually Ryu and Hayate fought each other in DOA3, but I'm not sure exactly who won that match.
Hayate won right before going on to get his ass handed to him by Ayane.

Allowing all weapons/magic/junk, I'd give Hayabusa the edge. Hayate should be able to put up a fight just going by stats, but Hayate seems to job a LOT.

Superboy Prime
Yeah. From what we can tell Hayabusa did lose the fight against Hayate, and then Hayate was defeated by Ayane. Shit DOA3 Ayane is a f'ing beast.

StyleTime
Yeah, give Ayane some motivation and she turns into Ayane Prime.

Cloud_VII
You can't come to that conclusion you two...Hayate might have beaten Hayabusa in DOA3, and Ayane did beat Hayate, though Hayabusa lost as a result of being cocky whereas Hayate lost to Ayane fighting for real.

If you think Ayane is better than Hayabusa and Hayate then how about Kasumi beating Ayane in DOA2? Ryu defeated Kasumi so then I guess I could say Ayane > Kasumi > Hayabusa.

I'm not coming to that conclusion I'm just saying you can't use that type of logic in this case...

StyleTime
The problem with your claim my friend, is that Kasumi beat Ayane in DOA2. Hayabusa losing to Hayata and Ayane beating....everyone occured within the same game. Ayane and Hayate obviously got stronger since DOA2.

Also, if you think Hayabusa only lost due to arrogance, then you must accept that Kasumi held back in DOA2. She repeatedly tells Hayabusa she doesn't want to fight and asks him to stop. It's obvious she wasn't fighting to her fullest.

The hierarchy of DOA, like most fighting games, can change with each new installation. In all honesty, the ninjas are basically around the same level. A fight between any of them could logically go either way. It's usually whoever is the most determined to win. Kasumi wanted revenge in DOA, Hayabusa needed to save a friend in a DOA2, and Ayane needed to put her father's soul to rest in DOA3.
Ayane > Kasumi > Hayabusa.

Sounds about right to me.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by StyleTime
The problem with your claim my friend, is that Kasumi beat Ayane in DOA2. Hayabusa losing to Hayata and Ayane beating....everyone occured within the same game. Ayane and Hayate obviously got stronger since DOA2.

Also, if you think Hayabusa only lost due to arrogance, then you must accept that Kasumi held back in DOA2. She repeatedly tells Hayabusa she doesn't want to fight and asks him to stop. It's obvious she wasn't fighting to her fullest.

The hierarchy of DOA, like most fighting games, can change with each new installation. In all honesty, the ninjas are basically around the same level. A fight between any of them could logically go either way. It's usually whoever is the most determined to win. Kasumi wanted revenge in DOA, Hayabusa needed to save a friend in a DOA2, and Ayane needed to put her father's soul to rest in DOA3.

co-sign.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by StyleTime

- Hayabusa still lost as a result of being cocky.

- I agree she wasn't fighting to her fullest.

- I agree it does depend on who's more determined. That's why Hayabusa lost to Hayate and Kasumi lost to Hayabusa.

- I wasn't coming to that conclusion and I had them turned the wrong way. I was saying if you go by what happened in DOA3, then I can go by what happened in DOA2, and as of DOA4, all of the ninjas seem equally powerful.

- You just said it could go either way.

StyleTime
- Hayabusa still lost as a result of being cocky.

- I agree she wasn't fighting to her fullest.

- I agree it does depend on who's more determined. That's why Hayabusa lost to Hayate and Kasumi lost to Hayabusa.

- I wasn't coming to that conclusion and I had them turned the wrong way. I was saying if you go by what happened in DOA3, then I can go by what happened in DOA2, and as of DOA4, all of the ninjas seem equally powerful.

- You just said it could go either way.
That's highly debatable.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Again, DOA3 is more recent than DOA2. The power levels shown there are more accurate. As of DOA4 honestly the hierarchy looked like Kasumi > Ayane > Hayabusa > Hayate > Zack.

Yes it could go either way, however certain fighters have an adge. As of DOA3 Ayane and Kasumi have the edge over Hayabusa in a one on one. Hayabusa can still manage a win, but he'll be fighting an uphill battle.

I like this thread. It's not often we get to actually to debate DOA characters vs other DOA characters.

Cloud_VII
You know Evil Ryu from Ninja Gaiden is a hella lot better than DOA4 Ryu.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.