Anubis Vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TricksterPriest
The Anubis vs. everybody series continues, this time against the son of Odin.

Anubis gets all subweapons and Aumaan Anubis form if needed.

Thor gets Mjolnir. If people want to discuss alt. scenarios, such as belt of strength, go ahead. This is classic, I know even Anubis can't win against RK Thor.

Ok, fight time.

guy222
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
The Anubis vs. everybody series continues, this time against the son of Odin.

Anubis gets all subweapons and Aumaan Anubis form if needed.

Thor gets Mjolnir. If people want to discuss alt. scenarios, such as belt of strength, go ahead. This is classic, I know even Anubis can't win against RK Thor.

Ok, fight time.

Thor

TricksterPriest
Ok, why? I'd like a reason.

Black Dalek
Thor

guy222
Ok, why? I'd like a reason.

Surely. Is this the deity from Marvel

Galvaclaw
Judging from Jehuty and Dolores's showings Anubis is a high class 100. But not Thor's level of strength. Anubis can be taken down by multi Gigaton blasts which means Thor shouldn't have too much trouble damaging him.

Thor

TricksterPriest
Here's my reasoning on that. Thor has to hit Anubis first (IE: Zero Shift and Anubis may be faster than Thor), and 2nd, Jehuty's self destruct was over 20 gigatons in power. And Anubis's torso survived the Aumaan shockwave, and god knows how strong that is. Not to mention the self healing SSA system or the subweapons. But if not Thor, then who is at Anubis's level?

guy222
Originally posted by guy222
Surely. Is this the deity from Marvel

Thor has encountered tougher foes smile

TricksterPriest
Guy, at least give me a bearing on how close the fight is. I'm trying to gauge Anubis's power.

Galvaclaw
That is a good point. Thanks to Metatron Nohman may have super reflexes.In the game the limbs of the mechs move incredibly fast. Another thing Thor has on occasion shown a weakness to pericing weapons. If Anubis' spear can cut him his chances go up.

If it was in comics it'd be top tier. But not at the high end of it where Superman, Green Lantern and Thor sit. It's not quite at the 'my power is potentialy limitless phase' yet.

Durabilty wise it has to be assumed to be on par with Jehuty. Who basically fell apart after Auumann exploded. Anubis can heal but it needs an impressive external power source to do it.

It could give guys like Apocolyspe or Wonderman a good challenge.

TricksterPriest
Again, Aumaan was designed to destroy an entire solar system and it used compressed space and spacial warping, and it was pointed out several times in the game that using compressed space as a weapon negates the defenses of Orbital frames, like how the vector canon can't be blocked or how the urenbeck catapult destroyed Jehuty's armor. Aumaan is that same kind of energy, but to the 10th or 20th power. Even the Silver Surfer would take a serious beating from Aumaan.

See, in game, Jehuty can regenerate it's internal power reserves, which it uses for the SSA recovery system. And Dolores was capable of using external energy sources to repair herself. Damaged Jehuty, and Naked Jehuty had unlimited subweapon energy (which powers all special attacks including the SSA system), which means Aumaan Anubis has potentially unlimited power.

Finally, I should have spelled this out initially, but I consider Nohman to be a handicap for Anubis. This fight is between Anubis & Thor, not Nohman & Thor. Let's say Anubis has an AI of Nohman, like Viola and Nephthis. Otherwise Thor has too high a reaction speed difference.

guy222
Guy, at least give me a bearing on how close the fight is. I'm trying to gauge Anubis's power.

Alright, just PM

Watching the game at the same time

Ur fair

smile

TricksterPriest
Ok. Go Ravens. **** the colts. stick out tongue

guy222
Ok. Go Ravens. **** the colts. stick out tongue

I back. Them Colts winning

Damm

TricksterPriest
Yeah, it's over. 15-6, Colts win. sad Oh well, they're gonna lose to the Chargers. stick out tongue I'm not picking anyone for this next game.

With regards to the AI, consider IDOLO and how the AI went rampant. And that was a prototype that was unfinished and it's pilot wasn't fully in control.

guy222
Yeah, it's over. 15-6, Colts win. sad Oh well, they're gonna lose to the Chargers. stick out tongue I'm not picking anyone for this next game.

With regards to the AI, consider IDOLO and how the AI went rampant. And that was a prototype that was unfinished and it's pilot wasn't fully in control.

Saints losing now. I got Garcia

Validus
lol @ Ravens losing after talking all that smack this past week

Thor wins but Anubis could do damage.

TricksterPriest
So 3-5/10 for Anubis?

Evil_Ash
What could Anubis do against Thor anyway?

guy222
So 3-5/10 for Anubis?

I giving Thor 7/10

batdude123
Colts kick ass. cool

Validus
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
What could Anubis do against Thor anyway?
Beat him up real good?

Originally posted by batdude123
Colts kick ass. cool
Nah but I rooted for them today.

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
Nah but I rooted for them today.

Well good.

Can't stand the Ravens...

TricksterPriest
Screw Payton. stick out tongue Obviously ZOE isn't well known on this part of the forum..... Damn, now I need to find stats.

Validus
Well good.

Can't stand the Ravens...
I don't mind them but it's always hilarious to see a team get stuffed after talking trash for a week. Just shut up and play the game.

batdude123
Screw Payton. stick out tongue Obviously ZOE isn't well known on this part of the forum..... Damn, now I need to find stats.

Your mom goes to college!!!!

batdude123
I don't mind them but it's always hilarious to see a team get stuffed after talking trash for a week. Just shut up and play the game.

Another reason why this victory is sweet...

Either the Pats or the Chargers are gonna be tough though. erm

Validus
Another reason why this victory is sweet...

Either the Pats or the Chargers are gonna be tough though. erm
You're screwed either way there. stick out tongue

batdude123
You're screwed either way there. stick out tongue

The Chargers would be tough as hell, especially with LT.

But the Pats? I'm not as worried. We've beaten them the last few occassions...

Still a tough match nonetheless.

TricksterPriest
My money's on the Chargers. I think the Pats are underestimating them.

Validus
Yeah, at least the kicker who made the Colts lose in the playoffs twice is on your side for a change. Manning can't play like he has these past two weeks and expect to beat either team though.

My money's on the Chargers. I think the Pats are underestimating them.
The Chargers coach is the biggest choker out there. That guy has screwed some real good teams in the playoffs before.

batdude123
Yeah, at least the kicker who made the Colts lose in the playoffs twice is on your side for a change. Manning can't play like he has these past two weeks and expect to beat either team though.

That's for damn sure. He better step it up...

And yeah, AV is a beast.

TricksterPriest
Well, Chicago won in OT with a field goal. Go Chargers! And on-topic, who is a good match for Anubis? Or is Thor a better match than people think? The consensus seems to be Anubis is either outclassed or potentially at the same level. Same question for Aumaan Anubis.

guy222
Well, Chicago won in OT with a field goal. Go Chargers! And on-topic, who is a good match for Anubis? Or is Thor a better match than people think? The consensus seems to be Anubis is either outclassed or potentially at the same level. Same question for Aumaan Anubis.

I took Thor

Pats ball

TricksterPriest
Chargers scored! thumb up On topic, here's my post from the previous page.

Again, Aumaan was designed to destroy an entire solar system and it used compressed space and spacial warping, and it was pointed out several times in the game that using compressed space as a weapon negates the defenses of Orbital frames, like how the vector canon can't be blocked or how the urenbeck catapult destroyed Jehuty's armor. Aumaan is that same kind of energy, but to the 10th or 20th power. Even the Silver Surfer would take a serious beating from Aumaan.

See, in game, Jehuty can regenerate it's internal power reserves, which it uses for the SSA recovery system. And Dolores was capable of using external energy sources to repair herself. Damaged Jehuty, and Naked Jehuty had unlimited subweapon energy (which powers all special attacks including the SSA system), which means Aumaan Anubis has potentially unlimited power.

Finally, I should have spelled this out initially, but I consider Nohman to be a handicap for Anubis. This fight is between Anubis & Thor, not Nohman & Thor. Let's say Anubis has an AI of Nohman, like Viola and Nephthis. Otherwise Thor has too high a reaction speed difference.

Didn't want it to get buried again.

guy222
Chargers scored! thumb up On topic, here's my post from the previous page.

Didn't want it to get buried again.

4th quarter 14-13 Chargers

I am still taking Thor

Validus
Knew the Chargers would choke. Your coach doesn't have a 5-13 playoff record by coincidence.

batdude123
Knew the Chargers would choke. Your coach doesn't have a 5-13 playoff record by coincidence.

Happy Dance

Now, it's the Colts vs. Pats in Indy!!! big grin

Validus
Rooting for the Colts.

batdude123
Rooting for the Colts.

So you want a Chicago/Indy showdown, eh?

TricksterPriest
I would have liked Saints/Chargers or Bears/Chargers. But Colt vs. Pats? Lame as hell. I'm ducking this year's AFC championship. At least the Bears vs. Saints game should be good. stick out tongue I'm preferential to a Saints/Pats game at this point. Screw Payton. stick out tongue

Anyone going to comment on the topic, or is this basically a playoffs thread?

Validus
So you want a Chicago/Indy showdown, eh?
If anyone from the AFC has to beat Chicago, I hope its Indy. I want my Bears to win it all of course but Peyton deserves a ring.

batdude123
If anyone from the AFC has to beat Chicago, I hope its Indy. I want my Bears to win it all of course but Peyton deserves a ring.

Yes.... yes he does. sad

If he wins this one, I'll place him above Brady.

I know people will disagree with that statement, but meh.

Validus
Yes.... yes he does. sad

If he wins this one, I'll place him above Brady.

I know people will disagree with that statement, but meh.
He IS better than Brady. Kinda sucks so much emphasis is placed on the ring though.

TricksterPriest
I'll give Payton the nod for being better than Brady, but I still would prefer to see Chicago or New Orleans win it all. NFC bias, you understand. wink

Yep, this is the playoffs topic. We'll return you to our regularly scheduled thread in 2.5 weeks.

batdude123
He IS better than Brady. Kinda sucks so much emphasis is placed on the ring though.

Yeah, he really is.

I just wanted to please everybody thinking a superbowl win = you're the best.

boriquaking55
I don't see why people are in a fuss over Colts/Pats. I think it's a great rivalry.

I hope the Colts take it -- I dread a New England vs. New Orleans matchup. Lamest......superbowl......ever

Validus
Originally posted by boriquaking55
I hope the Colts take it -- I dread a New England vs. New Orleans matchup. Lamest......superbowl......ever
Tampa Bay Vs Oakland might have something to say about that.

TricksterPriest
Ah yes, Oakland's choke to Tampa Bay. I'd prefer a New Orleans/ New England match-up. The Colts don't deserve to be there IMO. Should have been the ravens. Why in gods name did Mcnair have to choke? sad

Smoki
what can anubis do

TricksterPriest
First, here is a pic of Anubis. http://www.dropbike.com/uploads/images/Mejo/431A924_Anubis2.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbital_frame
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metatron_Ore

The wikis on Orbital Frames, which Anubis is the strongest of, and Metatron ore, which is the primary construction material.

It's nice to see someone actually talking about the topic. smile

And here is a sample of what Anubis is capable of.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_Trap

Btw, the ZOE anime is considered Canon in relation to the games.

Smoki
First, here is a pic of Anubis. http://www.dropbike.com/uploads/images/Mejo/431A924_Anubis2.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbital_frame
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metatron_Ore

The wikis on Orbital Frames, which Anubis is the strongest of, and Metatron ore, which is the primary construction material.

It's nice to see someone actually talking about the topic. smile

And here is a sample of what Anubis is capable of.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_Trap

Btw, the ZOE anime is considered Canon in relation to the games.

impressive
is there a difference between classic thor and current

TricksterPriest
We are SO not using Current Thor. Current Thor, or Rune King Thor as most people call him, is stronger than Odin. Rune King Thor would be a mismatch of collossal proportions. You need someone on par with say, Galactus, to beat RK Thor easily.

TricksterPriest
My question is, even if Thor can use Mjolnir to absorb a burst attack (Which I am NOT conceding, given the sheer power of metatron, and the fact that I don't know Mjolnir's upper limit on energy absorbtion), how can he hit Anubis? Anubis is far faster and the zero shift advantage may too much for Thor to defeat. And I will wager that Anubis's lance CAN cut Thor, given that it is also made of Metatron ore.

TricksterPriest
bump it, twist it, pull it. "Argh!" Oops, I lost. stick out tongue bump accomplished.

guy222
bump it, twist it, pull it. "Argh!" Oops, I lost. stick out tongue bump accomplished.

still taking thor

btw manning better win or brady will be the best qb of all time

TricksterPriest
I really hate the choices this year for AFC. The overhyped Colts, or the obnoxious Patriots. The last thing either of those 2 teams needs is a ring, or another ring in the case of the pats. DAMN IT, I WANTED THE CHARGERS! mad Oh well, at least I can root for the saints.

Back to the topic. Anubis can beat Thor. Read my last few posts.

guy222
I really hate the choices this year for AFC. The overhyped Colts, or the obnoxious Patriots. The last thing either of those 2 teams needs is a ring, or another ring in the case of the pats. DAMN IT, I WANTED THE CHARGERS! mad Oh well, at least I can root for the saints.

Back to the topic. Anubis can beat Thor. Read my last few posts.

i did, i hate manning, and brady my rams lousy and chargers, well

still taking thor, too much experience

TricksterPriest
Dude, the rams had no chance to make playoffs after mid-season. Let's just admit it, the chargers choked.

*ahem* Zero shift?

guy222
Dude, the rams had no chance to make playoffs after mid-season. Let's just admit it, the chargers choked.

*ahem* Zero shift?

damm seattle kicker, rams have offense, no de coach marty be fired with 8 seconds, one more play better field goal

TricksterPriest
The chargers COULD have won, had they not burned their last time out earlier. Not to mention the interception that turned into a fumble and a 20 yard gain for the pats. Agreed, Rams need a new defensive scheme. But firing Marty isn't the answer yet. Can the defensive coordinator.

guy222
The chargers COULD have won, had they not burned their last time out earlier. Not to mention the interception that turned into a fumble and a 20 yard gain for the pats. Agreed, Rams need a new defensive scheme. But firing Marty isn't the answer yet. Can the defensive coordinator.

marty's post season record remember the drive

de coor will go, but u know owners coach is always responsible

TricksterPriest
Just found out today Marty's job may be in peril. So you may get your wish.

guy222
Just found out today Marty's job may be in peril. So you may get your wish.

back from lunch, well

i never like when owners pull power plays like that he's a good coach, but

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.