Silver Surfer Vs The Shrike

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crimson King
Battlefield is the universe. No prep time. Battle to the death.

Who walks away alive?

guy222
Originally posted by Crimson King
Battlefield is the universe. No prep time. Battle to the death.

Who walks away alive?

who is the shrike?

Endless Mike
Originally posted by guy222
who is the shrike?

Far - future time - travelling killing machine from a series of sci - fi books.

Anyway this thread will likely be locked since very few people here know anything about the Shrike and it's not a comic book character.

Mindship
I read Hyperion eons ago, so I don't remember too much, except that it is an excellent read with terrific character development.

The Shrike was a kind of guardian for the time tombs, areas on the planet Hyperion where time runs backwards. The Shrike is described as being quite powerful (it can manipulate time, has martial arts prowess, four arms and armored skin), but it did not display feats of power anywhere near comparable to what the Surfer has done (again, my memory could be mistaken).

The Shrike showed no evidence of being anything more than a planetary threat; it is certainly not the universal threat the Surfer could be. It did not fly/absorb any suns/blow up any planets/transmute matter, etc, etc. Again, it has some time-control powers, but then, so does the Surfer.

IMO, Surfer wins, rather easily via a number of ways.

The Shrike
http://www.the-shrike.net/images/baranger_shrike2006.jpg

Endless Mike
Actually, if you read all of the books in the series, it's capable of teleporting anywhere in space and time, moving trillions of times faster than light, creating infinite copies of itself, cutting through anything, reversing people's aging so they age backwards to oblivion, teleporting other things in addition to itself (even up to a kilometer - long spaceship), etc.

The main reason it's so dangerous though is even if it gets defeated once and its body is destroyed, it can just come back by calling another body from a different timeline. This happens several times.

Mindship
I didn't read all the books in the series, so if this is the case, Surfer has a tough battle on his hands and may well lose.

It may come down to who strikes first.

guy222
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Far - future time - travelling killing machine from a series of sci - fi books.

Anyway this thread will likely be locked since very few people here know anything about the Shrike and it's not a comic book character.

Thanks for the tip

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.