batman with colossus powers vs superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Batman has all of colossus powers
100 ton strength
When in metal form colossus speed, agility, and reflexes increase.

Who would win.

Martian_mind
What the f**k? Superman...with ease

Darth Macabre
Batossus..... shifty

Badabing
Originally posted by carver9
Batman has all of colossus powers
100 ton strength
When in metal form colossus speed, agility, and reflexes increase.

Who would win.
What the f**k? shocking
This still won't help Bats. no expression

Bentley
If he has Colossus powers... And lots of prep, he may take this. This is no different from giving him Spiderman's powers to right Morg, is just not going to make the cut.

mighty adam
bats don't need all the power to beat supes.

hawkwind
batman wins without using his new powers

spetznaz
The only way Batman can win against Superman is by using his mind (and even with that it would take a certain level ....darn it, a HUGE level ....of PIS/CIS for him to pull of a draw let alone a win, since in a bloodlusted fight Superman would be blitzing Bruce and let lose with around 6-7 instantly lethal attacks at the get go.

This is why in Batman: Hush, Batman gave a rather interesting introspection about his prospects against Superman when they were fighting in the lead-lined sewers. The whole 'If he wanted to Superman could squish me into the cement with his superspeed even with the Kryptonite, but I know his real weakness and it is not kryptonite or magic. It is that Superman is inherently good, and I am not.' BTW: I have paraphrased that, but it was basically what he said. I have the comic at home, but right now I am several thousand miles away from home).

Anyways ....the only way Batman ever gets an advantage against Superman is through meticulous strategic planning. That's it. Without his mind Batman is simply another human with amazing martial arts training, a nice physique, a ton of money and some deep personality issues.

Now, if you give Batman the powers of Colossus that could actually impede him. In that if he decides to use those powers of strength and resilience against Superman he would lose. As easily as if he tried to use human strength and resilience against Superman.

Batman (using his strength alone) against Superman is like a minnow against a Great White Shark.
Batman (using the strength of Colossus) is like a mackerel against a Great White Shark.
The result is the same ....the shark wins.

BatColossus would lose. 10/10.
Actually a crippled Batman (with no augmented strength but using only his mind) would have a far better chance of winning that Batman with the strength of Colossus. Because the moment BatColossus tries to use strength against the likes of Supes it is over.

Implying that Batman would still have to rely on his mind to have a chance (which in a non-PIS/CIS match should still not be to much avail, but let us assume that a bloodlusted Superman will not try to destroy Bruce at the first nanosecond of the match .....erm, well .....). Thus, if Batman's only chance is using his mind then having the strength of Colossus doesn't really help (unless he is trying to break throwing distance records for Batarangs). Having the enhanced speed of Colossus in his armored form also doesn't help since against Superman he'd seem to be standing still. Having the resilience of Colossus wouldn't be of any use since it would merely delay the inevitable.

Thus having the powers of Colossus does not help Batman one way or the other.
To be honest, the powers of Jubilee would be of more help to a Batman type character than the (far) greater powers of Colossus! Why? Well, they could technically be used as a distraction (Batman in Hush used something similar ....some sort of flash bombs he had placed around the sewer....to disorient Superman).

Now, if you want to give Batman a set of physical powers that would allow him to be more able to stand up against a Superman type character, then the person to chose would be WonderWoman.
With WonderWoman's strength, speed, resilience, and magically-imbued weaponry (visualize Batarangs that can cut Superman), then Batman could give Superman a TRUE challenge.

However with the powers of Colossus, the Batlossus would lose.

The Fake Macoy
Superman's strength and durability > Colossus' strength and durability.
Superman still has all his other powers including speed, flight, and heat vision.

Batman has no chance here without PIS.

Jvenom
Batman has repeatedly stomped Superman without powers so it stands to reason he should win with powers.

Galvaclaw
Name an example not written by Frank Miller. Unless you consider batman merely surviving the fight a stomping.

The Fake Macoy
Originally posted by Jvenom
Batman has repeatedly stomped Superman without powers so it stands to reason he should win with powers.

We don't allow PIS on this forum, so no, those accounts do not matter. Seriously, what's Batman going to do?

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by spetznaz
The only way Batman can win against Superman is by using his mind (and even with that it would take a certain level ....darn it, a HUGE level ....of PIS/CIS for him to pull of a draw let alone a win, since in a bloodlusted fight Superman would be blitzing Bruce and let lose with around 6-7 instantly lethal attacks at the get go.

This is why in Batman: Hush, Batman gave a rather interesting introspection about his prospects against Superman when they were fighting in the lead-lined sewers. The whole 'If he wanted to Superman could squish me into the cement with his superspeed even with the Kryptonite, but I know his real weakness and it is not kryptonite or magic. It is that Superman is inherently good, and I am not.' BTW: I have paraphrased that, but it was basically what he said. I have the comic at home, but right now I am several thousand miles away from home).

Anyways ....the only way Batman ever gets an advantage against Superman is through meticulous strategic planning. That's it. Without his mind Batman is simply another human with amazing martial arts training, a nice physique, a ton of money and some deep personality issues.

Now, if you give Batman the powers of Colossus that could actually impede him. In that if he decides to use those powers of strength and resilience against Superman he would lose. As easily as if he tried to use human strength and resilience against Superman.

Batman (using his strength alone) against Superman is like a minnow against a Great White Shark.
Batman (using the strength of Colossus) is like a mackerel against a Great White Shark.

Actually a crippled Batman (with no augmented strength but using only his mind) would have a far better chance of winning that Batman with the strength of Colossus. Because the moment BatColossus tries to use strength against the likes of Supes it is over.

Implying that Batman would still have to rely on his mind to have a chance (which in a non-PIS/CIS match should still not be to much avail, but let us assume that a bloodlusted Superman will not try to destroy Bruce at the first nanosecond of the match .....erm, well .....). Thus, if Batman's only chance is using his mind then having the strength of Colossus doesn't really help (unless he is trying to break throwing distance records for Batarangs). Having the enhanced speed of Colossus in his armored form also doesn't help since against Superman he'd seem to be standing still. Having the resilience of Colossus wouldn't be of any use since it would merely delay the inevitable.

To be honest, the powers of Jubilee would be of more help to a Batman type character than the (far) greater powers of Colossus! Why? Well, they could technically be used as a distraction (Batman in Hush used something similar ....some sort of flash bombs he had placed around the sewer....to disorient Superman).

Now, if you want to give Batman a set of physical powers that would allow him to be more able to stand up against a Superman type character, then the person to chose would be WonderWoman.
With WonderWoman's strength, speed, resilience, and magically-imbued weaponry (visualize Batarangs that can cut Superman), then Batman could give Superman a TRUE challenge.

increda-post

AngelCorpse6977
Originally posted by spetznaz

Nice post.

There's really not much that can be added to that.

Toe to toe, power for power, Colossus isnt going to do much of anything to Superman. Batman uses his mind because he must. He doesn't have the powers and abilities that others have. If anything, giving him those abililties would make him less of a threat.

db_renji
WITH PREP (so don't bite my head off) Bats could argueably get 1-2 wins on Supes. Now if we give Bas some prep (he would need it for this to even be discussable) can add in his new powers + his MIND. To maybe get 3-4 wins.

But you would need to give Bats some prep time, or else it wont work. With very little Prep (if only had about a minute or so) Bats can stand up to Supes. With powers and more prep he can take a couple of wins.

ThePittman
Batman with the Power Gem maybe wink

spetznaz
Originally posted by ThePittman
Batman with the Power Gem maybe wink

Yup. wink

yugotank
The only way Batman can beat Supes is if he had Superman's power.
That would be the ONLY way.
If PIS is injected....Batman wins. We all know that with "prep" the Batman can even beat Silver Surfer! Yeah,right laughing

Sam Z
Batman doesn't need Colossus powers to beat Supermancool

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Batossus..... shifty

laughing out loud

Considering clossus doesnt pose any type of threat against superman. I dont think it would help batman much, aside from giving him a bit more time to formulate a plan. Unless his plan involves kryptonite Batossus just doesnt stand a chance. Batossus wouldnt be able to rel on strength, he still needs to use his intelligence. Superman is the dominator determining the fight with how much strength he decides to use against batossus

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Batman ftw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.