Norribeth: the KMC fic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willofthewisp
Sailor, Kate, everyone. Let's get this party started.

(right after DMC ends)

Will: You're, you're alive! (to Barbossa)

Barbossa: (swallows apple) So are you, me boy. And you (looks over at Liz) MISS Turner, surely you had died by now at some point.

Liz: I was going to..... (looks away in shock and guilt)

Tia: Yes. It's all a-comin' together now. I see. You will find yours boat in Tortuga. Look for a woman.

Gibbs: Got a name to go with so vague a description? (starts to get fresh with her. Tia gives him a stare. He shuts up)

Tia: She will have da brand. Find she boat and Hector will captain it.

Will: I don't know if I like the sound of that.

Liz: Will, let's just go. We outnumber him. He's mortal (stares Barbossa down)

Barbossa: And don't forget you are too, young miss. We'll be castin' off as soon as we find the woman. Let's go.

(everyone exits but Liz. Tia pulls her aside)

Tia: Before ya go, ye wid all da secrets...

Liz: I haven't got any secrets....

Tia: ...You will be warned now. One you tink dead has a heart dat still beats (taps her chest) Beats, but for what?

Continue!

katelovespirate
YAY! smile i'm so excited.

im doing some right now, hold on

willofthewisp
okay, I'm hitting the hay. I'll see what you geniuses have concocted tomorrow.

katelovespirate
Cut to outside Tia's shack, where they are climbing into the longboat.

Tia stands the see them off. Will turns back to her.

Will: Last time you helped us, things didn't exactly go according to plan.

Tia: Dat's a chance ye'll have to take den, eh?

Will: I'll not see Elizabeth die to save Sparrow. His life is not worth hers.

Tia: Who are you ta judge da worth of a life?

Will: (looks down, desperately) I have to be able to protect her.

Tia: Is she still yers to protect?

Will looks up at her, in anger.

Gibbs: Will! We best be getting off.

Will nods and climbs back into the boat. Barbossa stands at the head of the boat- Jack's old spot. They push off...

Cut to Port Royal. Beckett and Norrington are in his office, leaning over a chess board. Norrington is re-outfitted in full Commodore regala, wig and all. His eyes show the effects of drinking.

Beckett: Your ship has arrived, fully outfitted as you directed.

Norrington: Crew and all?

Beckett: Indeed. You know your first mission of course.

Norrington: (looks at him questioningly, taking a sip of brandy) I'm afraid I don't, sir.

Beckett: (smiling enigmatically) You say the Pearl departed Isle Cruces directly after you left them?

Norrington: I assume so.

Beckett: My men have returned with news. The Black Pearl is no more.

Norrington: (who has been puzzling over a chess piece, drops it to the floor) No more?

Beckett: It seems Jones finally took his revenge on Sparrow.

Norrington rushes to the window, and gazes on to the sea, in anguish he tries to mask.

Norrington: (with forced control) and there were no survivors?

Beckett has returned to his desk.

Beckett: That, of course, will be your mission.

Norrington looks at him incredulously.

Beckett: Don't imagine me ignorant of your previous engagement to Miss Swann.

The words pain Norrington. He downs another glass of brandy and leans against the table. Beckett smiles briefly, and the opens a drawer of his desk. He pulls out--- gasp!--- a compass! And slides it in front of Norrington.

Beckett: I hope for her sake your desire has not faded.

Norrington looks at the compass in confusion.

Norrington: Where did you come by that?

Beckett: My new business associate, Davy Jones.

Norrington picks up the compass, and opens it. The needle wavers and points away, in the direction of Tortuga. He runs out the door.

katelovespirate
The heroes have arrived in Tortuga. Elizabeth is the first to jump into the water and drag the boat to shore. Tortuga seems strangely dark and quiet. Gibbs looks around.

Gibbs: Uncanny, I call it. Almost as if they knew he was gone.

Pintel: How's we spose to find our way round in the dark?

Will: She said to look for a woman.

Barbossa: And yet there's only one woman in sight. (glances at Elizabeth).

Elizabeth: Unless you have a rudder and a lot of sails hidden in that jacket, Captain Barbossa, you're out of luck.

Barbossa smirks, while Elizabeth holds up a lantern and moves forward. Will pulls out his sword and follows. They sneak into the dank alleys of Tortuga, which appear totally deserted. Broken bottles litter the streets, along with several rodents. Elizabeth suddenly stops and warns the crew back with a look. She peers around a corner.

A lady in a dark cloak stands there, in earnest conversation with someone, who slips away as Elizabeth rounds the corner, sword drawn.

Elizabeth: Are you the woman Tia Dalma instructed us to find?

The woman raises her head: It's Anamaria. Dressed in full out Asian attire and looking smoking hot.

Elizabeth: You!

AnaMaria: (eyes narrowing) You. This is something of a surprise.

Elizabeth: Weren't you told we would come?

AnaMaria: Well, I have a ship waiting for you, if that's what you mean.

The rest of the crew round the corner. AnaMaria takes in the scene with a slight grin.

Barbossa: Ah! AnaMaria. You're a sight for sore eyes.

AnaMaria: Let's not get started on the loot you owe me. We have no time. We have to get out of Tortuga.

Will: What's happened here?

AnaMaria: A pirate lord sent a plague of rats aboard one of his merchant ships and plundered the city days ago. He's waiting off shore for you.

They all begin hurrying back towards the docks, where a small vessel is tied.

Elizabeth: What does he want with us?

AnaMaria: Jack Sparrow of course.

Gibbs: Well, we clearly haven't got him.

AnaMaria stops short and begins herding them into her ship.

AnaMaria: You can tell him that when he's caught us.

Will: This was definately not part of the plan.

AnaMaria: (looks at Elizabeth enigmatically) I hope you've got your persuasion skills polished, miss.

Gibbs: A plagued city or capture by pirates?

The crew look at each other; no one wants to make the decision. Finally Elizabeth looks out to sea.

Elizabeth: Pirates. At least we know what we're up against with them.

They don't get far in the small boat before 4 Asian ships surround them. AnaMaria sighs wryly.

AnaMaria: Then it's a surrender?

Will nods.

Will: Keep your swords handy, though. Once this pirate finds out we don't have Jack, we may have to come up with another plan.

Asian pirates begin to board their ship, weapons drawn. Last to enter is Sao Feng, looking smug.

Sao: Thank you for your help, AnaMaria.

The crew turns to her in disbelief. She shrugs.

Gibbs: (under his breath) bloody pirate.

Sao circles the crew.

Sao: No Jack Sparrow, I see. Left you all to fend for yourselves, did he?

Elizabeth: No! (calms herself) No... (she steps up to Sao Feng, eyes blazing) He died to save us all.

Sao looks at her curiously.

Sao: Did he now? That certainly doesnt sound like Jack Sparrow. (Elizabeth lowers her eyes) Well then... what am I to do with you all?

Ragetti: Let us go? (Pintel pokes him, he mutters) it was just a suggestion.

Will: We were on our way to rescue Jack from his imprisonment in Davy Jones' locker. We need him to help fight Davy Jones.

Gibbs rolls his eyes; there goes the secret plan. Sao turns to Will, suddenly interested.

Sao: Ah, Davy Jones. He's made some new friends of late, or so I hear.

Will: Without Jack and the pearl, we can't hope to defeat him.

Sao considers this a moment.

Sao: In that case, I'm willing to bargain with you. I have information that will lead you to Jack.

Gibbs: I hope you don't deal in souls.

Sao: No... but years of service, maybe.

The crew winces-- that's not what they wanted to hear. Elizabeth steps forward boldly.

Elizabeth: Name your price.

Sao: (Sao looks over her in clear admiration) For you, lady? One year of honest service to me, once you've saved Sparrow.

Elizabeth: Done.

The crew react- Will most of all. He pulls her to the side.

Will: What are you doing?

Elizabeth: (avoiding his gaze) What must be done. He saved our lives, now we're saving his.

Will: By selling yourself to a man like that?

Elizabeth: (fiercly) What makes him different from any other man?

Will steps back, surprised and hurt. Elizabeth's eyes fill with tears, but she lifts her chin.

Elizabeth: Don't make this harder than it already is.

They turn back to Sao, who produces a book and hands it to Will.

Sao: I'll be waiting for you, and Sparrow. (looks at Elizabeth) Remember our bargain.

Elizabeth looks down at the book...

CUT TO...

willofthewisp
Cut to right outside Beckett's office. We can hear screaming from inside. Norrington and Beckett and Mercer are overhearing it.

Norrington: Really, Beckett, I must protest to this inhumane of Governor Swann.

Beckett: Former Governor Swann.

Norrington: Be that as it may, he does not know where his daughter has gone, nor who she is with, or....or even if she is still alive. He has no information to give us.

Beckett: Then you are telling me he is of no use to me? (smirks at Mercer)

Norrington: (draws his sword) If you could kill all those who were of no use to you...

Beckett: The world would be an empty, pirate-less paradise for me.

Mercer: Tell him how you acquired the compass, sir.

Beckett: Ah, yes. We took an EITC ship out to survey any signs of jetsom the Pearl left when we heard she'd gone down. We found only this floating along. It seems I have the compass and the heart. But the compass will be left to you.

Mercer: And the book?

Norrington: Book?

Beckett: A log of every pirate executed, and those who still have to be caught. It went missing days ago. I would assume it was the work of Jack Sparrow.

Norrington: Captain Jack Sparrow is dead.

Beckett: A stirring observation. But I still believe pirates are responsible for taking it. What they hope to find in it, I don't know. But the disappearance of the Black Pearl, the recovery of the heart of Davy Jones, Asian pirates sacking Tortuga, and now the Pirate Log vanishing, I can tell they are all connected. Find them, Commodore. Find them and you'll live to see Admiral.

Mercer: And the governor may live to see that day as well.

Norrington: Savages.

willofthewisp
Murtogg and Mulray (spelling?) are lounging on the deck of the Dauntless with fellow crew members of the navy, mostly drinking and playing cards etc, more pirate than officer at the moment.

Norrington: Men!

Murtogg: We thought you'd died, sir!

Mulray: Went off his rocker is more like it.

Murtogg: You shouldn't say such things in front of the Commodore.

Mulray: But if he is off his rocker, he wouldn't know it was us that were saying them.

Norrington: But I would imagine two sea slugs trying to imitate intelligent human communication.

(They snap shut)

Norrington: We'll be casting off. Prepare the Dauntless.

Crew: For what, sir?

Murtogg: We're going back after Jack Sparrow?

Mulray: Maybe picking up Will Turner for the fugtive that he is?

Crew: At this point, they're all fugitives. It's an apprehension mission then?

Norrington: No. (looks at to the sea) It's a rescue mission.

katelovespirate
Cut to: AnaMaria's small ship, loaded with the crew, is sailing through unsteady waters. Elizabeth has fallen asleep against the mast. Barbossa and Gibbs are moodily sharing a pint. Will is leaning against the gunwhale, the book in his hand. AnaMaria approaches him.

AnaMaria: Tia Dalma didn't tell me who to expect.

Will: She never does.

AnaMaria: How is it Jack died?

Will: (glancing at Elizabeth) He owed a debt to Davy Jones.

AnaMaria: So he got what he deserved, eh?

Will: (laughs tiredly) Perhaps. My world fell apart when the Black Pearl went under.

Will pulls out his father's knife and studies it.

AnaMaria: It's funny what people will do to reverse fate.

Thunder sounds in the distance. The water grows more unsteady as Barbossa approaches them, looking around in relish.

Barbossa: It's time to open the book.

CUT TO...

katelovespirate
A bright, sunny morning. Norrington strides the deck of his ship, offshore of Tortuga, which is once again lively. Murtogg and Mulroy emerge on deck from a longboat-- they have been spying out the terrain.

Norrington: Since when do you need permission to come ashore in Tortuga?

Murtogg: Apparantly Tortuga is under new management.

Norrington: There's hardly a chance Beckett beat us here.

Mulroy: No sir... I'm afraid it's a great pirate lord. Hails from Singapore.

Norrington's eyes brighten with interest-- he has a guess who it is.

Norrington: Our colors must have upset him. Let me go ashore in disguise. I've had dealings with this man in the past.

CUT BACK TO: The crew aboard Anamaria's ship, about to open the book. A worn leather clasp is removed, and Barbossa snatches the book out of Will's hand, gingerly opening it to the first page. His eyes scan the page briefly as he mutters to himself.

Barbossa: Captain Buckthorn, Goodfellow, Jeremiah Fowler, aye, aye... Jenkins they got nigh on a year ago. There be Foulkes, Cruikshank, and Dirty Basingstoke gone too? These be dark days.

Barbossa flips the page, where there is a list of "still wanted" pirates. He grins as he sees his own name.

Barbossa: Hector Barbossa- last scene off the coast of Port Royal. (grins) And here be Jack. (Barbossa pulls a piece of charcoal out of his coat pocket and carefully scratches Jack's name off the list, writing in "dead off the coast of Isle Cruses"wink I've wanted to do that for years.

Elizabeth: Captain Barbossa! This is a rescue mission.

Barbossa: Aye. That's why I wrote it in charcoal and not in ink, missy. (Looks back down at the book) And here be our friend, Sao Feng. And Teague, too, by the looks of it. Too few of us, in my reckoning.

Will: How will this book help us find Jack?

Barbossa: (gives Will a patronizing look) This be a pirate book, Mr. Turner, and being such I'm not certain I trust you to look at it.

Will turns away, exasporated, while Elizabeth gives Barbossa a stealy glance.

Elizabeth: We're all pirates now, Barbossa, equally hated and all with a price on our heads. Now answer the question.

Barbossa: Legend has it the names of the pirate lords spell out directions to the world's end, the only entrance to the locker. At any given time, the living pirates can point the way to the locker, while the dead point the way back. You've found me, and we've met Sao Feng. It's a short list to track down before we find Sparrow.

Elizabeth seizes the book and looks down on the list--- the next name is James Norrington.

Surreal_44
^^ Sexy James is a pirate? Hey, does he have a brand?!

I er, having nothing to add at the moment...but soon....soon... big grin

willofthewisp
Liz: There's a mistake.

Barbossa: That's impossible. The EITC wouldn't dare be so stupid.

Gibbs: Tis a mistake, all right. Norrington sailed on the Black Pearl only for a brief amount of time.

Will: (peeks at the book) Did he have a brand when he was on there with you, Mr. Gibbs?

Gibbs: Ah, no. Got a good look at both his arms whilst he was tryin' to pick a fight with me in Tortuga.

Pintel: I got an idea, but I don't think anyone's going to like it.

(they all look at him)

Ragetti: You have ideas?

Pintel: What if Beckett's put names in of people's not pirates, but can be captured as pirates later?

Liz: Beckett intends to kill James?

Will: He would bring him Jack if he could. That makes no sense.

Gibbs: Especially since the good Commodore's probably dead, too.

Pintel: I said no one would like my idea.

Ragetti: It's the Commodore none of us likes.

Anamaria: (enters) One of you can take the helm now.

Will and Liz (together): I'll take it. (look at each other. Neither really wants to be alone with the other right now)

Will: I'll take it, Elizabeth. You should probably be getting some rest.

Liz: I still don't understand the bit about how all the pirates' names can find us the entrance to the locker.

Barbossa: There's a great many sea mysteries you don't understand.

Gibbs: Can't ya give the lass a break, Barbossa? She's been slaving away and working as hard as anyone on this mission.

Liz: Thank you.

Barbossa: All right. The last names either give a code or some clue to where the locker is. Through the entrance is where we'll find Jack.

(Liz assembles the last names.)

Liz: Not all of them have last names.

Barbossa: I'd wager me own mother they do, Ms. Swann.

Liz: Then what is Teague's last name? This pirate here. (shows him the book)

Barbossa: That last name be Sparrow.

katelovespirate
Wooh.... chills. smile excellent job Willo.

I'll do some later when I get back... Where is Sailor, Surreal, and the other creative Norribethers? smile

sailorleo
ha ha ha...creative....psshhh...

Surreal_44
Drat...I had a post and lost it. *scowls* I'll try again later. big grin

-savvychick-
wow!! this story is amazing so far!! i LOVE itbig grinbig grinbig grin

willofthewisp
Aw, no one's continuing! Come on. Inside everyone beats the heart of a storyteller.

Cut to Beckett's office

Beckett: You will be much obliged to know that I've sent Commodore Norrington to recover your daughter and any other survivors.

Gov. Swann: You monster! I know very well what you would do with Elizabeth if you found her! God knows it hurts, but I hope she stays missing. Anything to spare her the noose.

Beckett: Well, it would please you to know she is probably surrounded by pirates right now.

Gov. Swann: It neither pleases nor surprises me.

Beckett: Shall we go pay her a visit?

(Gov Swann looks up)

Beckett: Oh, don't look at me like that. I don't know where she and Mr. Turner are. But I will. Mr. Mercer is not my only extra pair of eyes. It will not be hard to spot a woman among the pirates and it will also not be hard to discover William Turner, the spitting image of his father, who was such a famous, er, infamous pirate.

Gov. Swann: Pirate?

Beckett: If I had my log I would show you, but he was Bootstrap Bill Turner, crew member and 2nd mate of the Black Pearl, until many years ago when he disappeared.

Gov. Swann: The poor boy. To know....(an idea springs to his head. Elizabeth must not marry the son of a pirate)

Beckett: Now, if you'll excuse me.

Gov. Swann: What was it Commodore Norrington set on your desk?

Beckett: (turns, uncharacteristically startled) How do you know he set anything on my desk?

Gov. Swann: I have my own pair of eyes, you know. What was it? Was it Jack Sparrow's compass you sent young Mr. Turner after?

Beckett: It is the heart of Davy Jones, and I intend to use it right now.

Gov. Swann: You intend to use such evil for your own gain? (quite disgusted)

Beckett: Naturally. (pokes a section of the heart with a letter opener. It almost reacts in pain) Now just wait, MR Swann. Give it an hour, maybe two, and you will soon after learn that the entire port of Tortuga has been ravaged by a beast that we all once thought to exist only in imagination....Asian pirates and all.

katelovespirate
CUT TO Norrington, in conference with Sao Feng. They appear to be relatively good friends. They walk up and down the bustling streets of Tortuga, which has taken on an Asian flavor.

Sao Feng: James Norrington, there are too few like you left in this part of the world. It's almost time I walled myself back up in Singapore again.

Norrington: Where the devil have you been all these years?

Sao Feng: Here and there. In and out. With her and without her. (laughs jovially)

Norrington: Her?

Sao Feng: Tia Dalma, of course. Remarkable woman.

Norrington: Ah, yes. I hear much of her but have yet to meet her face to face.

Sao Feng: You will soon enough, if I'm not mistaken. But back to the matter at hand. There were indeed survivors.

Norrington: Is Elizabeth...?

Sao Feng: The girl? Yes, she's alive and kicking. And making rash bargains for Sparrow's life.

Norrington: (uneasily) Where have they gone?

Sao: To rescue him, of course.

Norrington: Then the legends of that Dalma woman are true... she can bring people back... from...?

Sao: Among her many talents. I gave your friends the book. If they succeed in fetching Sparrow back, your Elizabeth will have a debt to pay me.

Norrington: I must find them.

Sao smiles mischieviously.

CUT TO the middle of the ocean. A very drunk, very happy pirate is rowing a small long boat over a glassy sea, singing deliriously, "A pirates life for me!" As he sings, he alternately throws large, dead fish directly behind the longboat, where a trailing set of sharks compete for them. The pirate pulls out a pipe and lights it, finally giving us a good view of his face-- its Teague Sparrow. Suddenly there's movement- another person in the bottom of the boat, tied up and struggling. Teague gives him a good natured kick and continues his rowing-- he's coming upon shore in Singapore. Teague has some trouble getting out of the boat in his drunk state, but manages to tie up the boat to a dock.

Teague: (to his prisoner) Mind the boat.

Teague pulls out a heavy chest and lugs it down the dock, until he arrives in front of a particular ship. He smiles and settles the chest in front of the gangplank, then staggers back towards his long boat.

Meanwhile, a cautious figure has snuck down the gangplank and is investigating the chest. Sniffs it, shakes it, finally opens it and surprise! Jack the monkey pops out, giving the man the fright of his life.

Man: Damn You, Teague Sparrow!!!

Back in his longboat, Teague is giggling. Clearly, there is an ongoing joke afoot.

The man peers back into the chest, and finds the monkey was not the only thing inside. Three curious objects--- a heart shaped locket, a silver coin, and a glass eye, are within.

CUT TO...

Surreal_44
*Elizabeth is sitting with the open book on her lap, and a scrap of paper as she copies down the last names of the pirates and begins to rearrange the letters*

Elizabeth: Why does this have to be so bloody complicated? Bloody pirates!

Barbossa: *with amusement* What do ye mean, lass?

Elizabeth: *with concentration* I am trying to work, Captain. So I have Sparrow, Norrington, Barbossa, Feng, Smith--Smith?

Barbossa: Ah yes, Bloody Stupid Smith. He's still alive, is he?

*Gibbs perks up, waiting for the right moment to hop in the conversation*

Elizabeth: Is that his real name?

Gibbs: *helpfully chiming in* Well, the "Bloody Crazy"came from the time he sailed with the Spanish armada. He managed to ground the entire fleet on a sand bar, and he sent word back to Spain that he needed a crate of yarn and a loaf of bread, the "Stupid" part --

Elizabeth: *gritted teeth* I meant is his last name really Smith?

Barbossa: Oh of course.

*Elizabeth does not look convinced, and goes back to working with the names*

Elizabeth: Why is he Spanish with an English -- never mind, I don't want to know. Bonny and Laffitte...That's all of them? There have to be more...

Barbossa: Pirate lords, lass. These are the pirate lords that are wanted.

Elizabeth: ...how did Smith become a pirate lord? *sees Gibbs gearing up to begin a new story* Never mind, I don't want to know.

*Gibbs deflates and goes up on deck*

*Elizabeth goes back to the names, writing out the letters carefully.*

CUT TO...

katelovespirate
dude, were did everyone go? i dont know what the hell im doing. someone help me.

CUT TO...

Norrington, climbing up the back of Anamaria's ship. He's found them, how on earth did he do that? hehe. He's being sneaky- he's lost the EITC wardrobe and looks scruffy (erm, hot) again. Everyone's asleep, except Elizabeth at the helm. Norrington stands silently for a minute, his heart aching as he stares at her. Hearing his sigh, she turns in shock, hardly believing it's really him. With a gasp, she runs and throws herself into his arms- not quite the response he expected.

Elizabeth: Oh God! I thought you were dead. I... (she is choking back tears)

Norrington: (so desperately glad to hold her and comfort her) It's all right... It's all right Elizabeth.

He's never called her that before. She looks up at him, a million emotions in her eyes.

Elizabeth: I was so afraid for you. I've been so ashamed... felt so... wrong. We thought you were dead, and then Jack died. How did you find us?

Norrington: Sao Feng told me where to look.

Elizabeth: And what happened to the chest?

Norrington: Davy Jones' men took it. I barely escaped with my life.

Well, that's a lie, but he can't bear to betray her trust now. She seems so desperate for something stable.

Elizabeth: (bites her lip) Can I tell you something? it's my fault Jack died. I chained him to the pearl, just before the beast came.

James: (smiles wryly) Always resourceful, I see.

Elizabeth: You aren't shocked?

James: Jack chose his fate years ago, Elizabeth. He made the bargain with Jones. It isn't your fault.

Surreal_44
Wow...that kinda jumped ahead. I'll come up with something in a bit. big grin

katelovespirate
sorry, i was getting bored so i decided to speed things up a bit... lol... i think i posted it at the same time you posted yours, sorry.

katelovespirate
you know, going back and watching DMC, i'm always raving about the chemistry in the scenes between J/L, but its really unfortunate Norrington and Elizabeth didn't get more screentime together, because their chemistry is flipping awesome too. I LOVE their tiny scene after the "persuade me" scene. The two of them could pull a movie all by themselves.

Surreal_44
^^ I think the reason James' scenes got cut is because Jack D. and Kiera really do have excellent chemistry together...even in CotBP, though Jack's character was more reserved.

They could pull off a movie together. Now everyone see why I ship Norribeth? big grin

Your post was fine, it just threw me off. *ggg* I'll post in a bit. big grin

katelovespirate
hehehe i have a bad habit of throwing in wierd plot wrenches and then waiting for Willo to sort them out... wink

willofthewisp
I didn't see any holes in how the posts are now. Liz is trying to assemble the names, then everyone goes to bed and she takes the helm and Norrie's aboard. Perfect. And yes, Kate. I still haven't figured out the eye thing. I need to go back and read it.

willofthewisp
Back on the Pearl

Liz: (taking the helm once again) It's so good to see a familiar face. What news from home?

Norrington: I'm afraid you won't like it. Your father has been imprisoned. (sees a look of horror on her face) For now he's safe.

Liz: Damn that Beckett! (pause) I can't go back now.

Norrington: What do you mean?

Liz: I said I would go to the ends of the earth to find Jack, and that's what I have to do. What good am I back at Port Royal? They'll hang me for sure.

Will: And what a loss that would be for you and Jack to be dead.

Norrington: It's good to see you survived also, Mr. Turner.

Will: And you. (a little tired of seeing Liz alone with other men) Might I have a word with my fiancee?

Norrington: By your leave. (starts to leave)

Liz: You'll help us rescue Jack, won't you?

(Norrington says nothing. Just exits)

Will: When did you pick him up?

Liz: I think he found us. I was just minding the ship.

Will: Why don't you let me take over?

Liz: I have it. Please. I like being up here, Will.

Will: So you can think?

Liz: Yes.

Will: Think of Jack?

Liz: Why do you say it so coldly? He is the reason we're out here.

Will: I'm here to make you happy. But don't expect me to be happy about it. (turns to huff away, but sees something on the deck)

Liz: I'll have you know you can't talk that way to me, William Turner. Whatever you have to say, you'd best say it directly and to the point.

Will: What's this? (picks up a silver coin)

Liz: I have no idea. Maybe it rolled out of Norrington's pocket.

Will: He went the other way, and the sea is still.

(Both look around for someone else)

Will: We're being followed.

willofthewisp
Will: I'll wake the crew. You stay here.

(Liz prepares her sword and takes the helm with her other hand)

Suddenly, the ship stops. It's bumped into some land.

Liz (covering): Land ho!

Gibbs: Land! Jehosophat! We're here!

Pintel: Here? Where is here?

Ragetti: Where Jack is?

Gibbs: Where Sao Feng knew we would eventually go. Welcome to Singapore.

Norrington: Sao Feng is in Tortuga, which is under new management.

Gibbs: No offense, Commodore, but ya ain't the one in charge right now, and Sao Feng usually has a trick or two up his sleeve.

Will: Then we have to meet him if he's here.

Ragetti: Why on earth would we be wantin' that?

Will: Elizabeth promised him a year of servitude. (Norrington looks nervously at Liz) Well, he must want his power more if Tortuga is under new management as previously stated.

Liz: I see. We meet with him, negotiate better terms. Father is imprisoned, but he doesn't have to know that. The governor's daughter can promise any kind of power be granted to him.

Barbossa: Sao Feng's not one to negotiate.

Liz: Then we have to take something he would be willing to trade. All pirates like to trade. A prisoner, maybe. A slave.

Barbossa: And where ye be gettin' one of those?

Liz: Would he have information about where Jack is?

Barbossa: Probably. He's much older than he appears. Knows what many don't know.

Liz: We trade a slave for information, truthful information, and we keep my promise of servitude once Jack is recovered.

Norrington: So we promise to end your life. Then what?

Liz: When we get what we need? We kill him.

-----------------------------------------------

CUT TO
A junk on a river at night. Many hours have passed. Liz is at the front of the junk with a lantern, disguised as a fisher. Norrington is in the back. A person tied up inside a blanket is between them.

Liz (singing): Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me
We kindle and char, inflame and ignite,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
We burn up the city, we're really a fright,

Voice on land: (singing) We're rascals, scoundrels, villans, and knaves,
We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs,

Norrington: That's the signal. All clear.

(They land the junk and pile out, Pintel and Ragetti come out from behind the voice, who is Barbossa, and pick up the person tied up)

Barbossa: All's well so far, missy. Let's hope it remains unchanged.

(Liz gives him a cold stare. She's not afraid of him. The lantern in her hand, she guides them up a hill to Sao Feng's house. They all have the feeling he is indeed at home)

Surreal_44
*Will is bound with his hands behind his back. He is shirtless, and torso and face appear to be bruised. He seems to have trouble standing on his own.*

Pintell: *to Will* Come on, you!

*He and Ragetti roughly drag Will up the path to Feng's home.*

The pagoda door opens and a gorgeous woman, skantily clad in an oriental robe, greets them. Her hair is pinned up in several coils, and her hair ornaments glimmer in the dim light of the doorway.

Woman: *bows slightly* I am Xiang. In order to enter, you must give up your weapons, and remove your shoes.

(( I'm actually out of time now...meh. You can pick it up where you like big grin ))

katelovespirate
i get a big smile when i read this. it's very cinematic. lots of great lines. smile

CUT TO:
Becket's office. Governor Swann is sitting alone, forlorn, on the floor. His arms and legs are manacled, and he looks as though he hasn't eaten in a while. Several bruises mark his face.

The door rattles- someone coming. Swann prepares himself by crouching against the floor. The door swings open sharply, but it's not Beckett... it's Gillette, and he's definately not wearing EITC colors.

Swann: (confused) Gillette?

Gillette: Shhh! I'm not supposed to be here. I'm supposed to be there- at t he docks, waiting for Bucket-er, Beckett and his cronies to get back.

Swann: So why are you here?

Gillette: Because I'm not there!

Swann: I'm afraid all this prisoner time has made me a bit foggy.

Gillette: (producing a set of keys) I don't know how to put this, but I may be turning into a pirate.

Swann: (a grin of relief washing over him) It's about time!

Gillette unlocks the chains and helps Swann to his feet, then moves towards Beckett's desk inquisitively.

Gillette: Best do some pilfering, while we're at it.

Gillette pulls open the drawer, casually sifting through papers, maps, and plans to take over the world.

Swann: What exactly are you looking for?

Gillette: A miraculous escape route. A buried treasure. Maybe keys to his wine cellar?

Swann joins in the search, gleefully tossing stacks of paper into the fireplace.

Swann: When we get caught, we're going to be hanged.

The two men laugh. Gillette pulls out a small carved box and opens it... it's the heart of Davy Jones.

Suddenly, a commotion is heard outside the door. The two men look up in fear as---

CUT TO...

Elizabeth and Barbossa standing at the door of Sao Feng's palatial residence. Festive lanterns are lit everywhere- is he having a party? Elizabeth has borrowed some asian attire and cleaned herself up. Behind them is Ragetti-- their leverage.

Ragetti: This is the stupidest idea I've ever heard of. I'm going to murder you both with a cutlass if the plan doesn't work.

Elizabeth: (grinning) If the plan doesn't work, others will save you the trouble.

Barbossa: (muttering to himself) I think I'm still cursed. Traveling around with not one but two women... it's a plague.

Someone comes to the door- a silent manservant with chopsticks in his hair. He seems to understand they are here to see Sao. He leads them to a lavish room with a beautiful view of Singapore. Distant music can be heard. Sao enters in high spirits.

Sao: We keep running into each other! Was my book not helpful?

Barbossa: A fascinating read.

Elizabeth: Most inspiring.

Sao: But?

Barbossa: We have a few questions.

Sao: Mmm... and James Norrington could not help you there? Why do you think I put him on the list?

Barbossa: (uncharacteristically confused) Beg your pardon?

Elizabeth: (interrupting) Sao Feng... you are a great pirate lord. Your fame spreads across the map. Please, let's not parry words. We're here to negotiate. We need your further assistance and we're prepared to pay you well.

Sao: (understanding, and looking over Ragetti in amusement) Pay well? With this scrawny half-breed?

Barbossa: (a good lyer) He has the all-seeing eye. (prods Ragetti, who removes his wooden eye and stares transfixed, at Sao)

Ragetti: I see darkness in your future. A woman you are consumed with desire for. Your palace, crumbling into pieces---

Sao: Stop!

He actually looks rather frightened--- Barbossa hides a smile, he knows Sao's supersticious weakness.

Sao: What do you want to know?

Elizabeth: (holds out book to page of pirates) This list is incomplete. We've worked day and night and can find no way to Jack from it.

Sao suddenly draws his sword on Elizabeth, who whirls hers out in automatic response. Barbossa and Ragetti step back in surprise. Sao attacks, and Elizabeth defends with strength. They battle around the room, until Elizabeth has disarmed Sao and has her blade at his throat, both of them breathing harshly. Suddenly Sao lets out a laugh.

Sao: Just as I thought. Add your own name to the list. That should do it.

Elizabeth: I don't have the brand.

Sao: Not yet.

He moves away from her sword and goes to a shelf, pulling out a map: the Caribbean. It's similar to the map Beckett has in his office, except all the names of the places are different. He hands it to Elizabeth and nods to his guards, who seize Ragetti.

Sao: Satisfied?

Elizabeth looks to Barbossa, who nods ceremoniously.

Barbossa: Indeed.

Sao: I'll be waiting for you, Elizabeth.

katelovespirate
Oh shoot- as usual, I post before I get to read yours Surreal. You can change mine to fix it to work with yours if you like! smile yawn. night.

Surreal_44
Well...where's Norrington in this? big grin I understand Liz is a good fighter, but we seem to be missing other good fighters, including Will and James. stick out tongue And er...is Tia here?

katelovespirate
Tia can pop up anywhere, I'd guess. The crew left her back at her hut but I reckon she's sneaking around somewhere.

I suppose Norrington and Will stayed with the boat. I was assuming this was a just a "get information and go back to the boat" trip...

We could use a big fight. Go for it. smile

-savvychick-
wow...this story is amazing!!! i luv it...lolbig grin

willofthewisp
Okay, continuing

Still in Sao's palace

Two servants have dragged the "heap" (Will) into a storage area. As soon as he is by himself, he wiggles out of the sack, hands still tied. The room he is in is full of various pieces of treasure, no doubt Sao Feng's plunder. A painting of the coin he and Liz saw on deck catches his eye.

Anamaria: Hello? Hello?

Will: Anamaria?

Anamaria: Turner! I didn't expect to actually be heard by anyone. What are you doing in here?

Will: I'm more concerned about what everyone else is doing out there. Look here. (he shows her the painting) I saw this exact kind of coin on deck, and it doesn't belong to any of us.

Anamaria: That's a piece of 8.

Will: A piece of 8?

Anamaria: One of 9 identical pieces. Only the 9 greatest pirates have them. Jack has one, if I'm not mistaken.

Will: What was one doing on the deck? I knew we were being followed, but followed by a great pirate... We should see what's happened to Elizabeth.

Anamaria: It might be best to stay hidden for now, Turner.

(A sword comes through the opposite side of the wall and almost hits them. They eye each other nervously)

Voices from the other side of the wall

Norrington: Lying scum! As soon as her back was turned you tried to kill her!

Sao: Not quite, old friend. I was trying to kill YOU.

Their side of the wall

Anamaria: Maybe you're right.

Will: Let's get out there.

(they draw their swords)

A huge battle in the large room ensues between the Asian pirates and our small band of heroes. Everyone fights nobly, lots of fun stunts. Liz fights Feng with Norrington and Will coming to her aid. The three of them still have a hard time disarming Sao, one of the greatest swordsman. Suddenly, a shot rings out. Everyone stops)

Man: What in the hell is going on here?

Sao: Teague! Teague, you must help a fellow 8-holder. This band has been nothing but trouble. (glares at Liz)

Teague: Now isn't that interesting? I come by here looking especially for them and here they are trying to kill you. (draws his sword and points it at Xiang) So why shouldn't I join up with them?

Will: It was your Piece of 8 on the deck!

Teague: Damn. Was a better stoway before

katelovespirate
Oh thank heaven! you fixed it! smile i loved that scene. great work. I'm glad Teague is a more integral player this time around. smile

keep going everyone!

willofthewisp
Picking up where I left off.

Teague: Damn. I was a better stowaway some years ago.

Barbossa: You going to thrust that sword into his face, or should I just do the honors?

Teague: Oh. You can do with old what's-his-face whatever you want. I'm mainly here to see the lady, or whichever one of you is in charge of this, uh, clambake.

Liz: How do you know there is anything to be in charge of, sir?

Teague: One can't help but listen to stimulating conversation when said one is galavanting around a ship in which the one is a stowaway for a brief time... although I mainly followed you. Stole the boat right underneath that guy's nose, I did, and secured my effects. Speaking of which, I'll be taking back me coin now, Will.

Will: Who has the other 8?

Teague: Well, the one with all the swords pointed at him there (nods to Sao Feng) and of course, my son.

katelovespirate
Everyone reacts in surprise.

Elizabeth: Jack?

Teague: (grinning) aye. The same. You tricked the poor sod, to his death, eh?

Everyone reacts in even greater surprise, except Norrington of course.

Will: What do you mean?

Teague: (giving Elizabeth a rascally look) Oh--- was that a secret?

Elizabeth: Games up, I suppose. Yes, I did.

The crew looks around in shock and confusion-- and Gibbs looks ready to draw swords on her. Elizabeth lifts her chin and continues-

Elizabeth: And saved all your sorry lives in the process, if you need to be reminded. What's done is done, and until we undo it, I'll thank you not to bring it up again.

Norrington and the crew raise their eyebrows, impressed. Will sits down and takes a deep breath.

Sao: I hate to interrupt this so pleasant discussion, but--

Teague: Right right. Who wants to do the honors?

Will, Norrington, Elizabeth, and Anamaria all step forward with swords drawn.

Sao: Wait! Wait! I have a bargain with the lady, the sparrow-killer. (Elizabeth rolls her eyes as Sao and Teague giggle) According to the code, she must defend my life until the bargain is complete.

Elizabeth: To blazes with the code!

Gibbs, Pintel, and Ragetti all look shocked- how can she talk that way about the code?

A voice suddenly comes from behind a doorway. It's the voice of Tia Dalma.

Tia: Dat's enough!

Gibbs: (mumbling.) Blast. HER again.

CUT TO....

Surreal_44
Yay. Good job. big grin I will post in a bit. I sliced my finger open last night and had to get stitches. stick out tongue So lemme think. big grin

katelovespirate
oh no!!!! are you okay???

Surreal_44
Actually, considering how badly I could have injured myself, I'm just peachy. I only had two stitches. big grin I'm a gonna post in this any day now, I swear...

willofthewisp
Glad you're not seriously hurt.

Gibbs: From bad to worse...

CUT TO....Gillette and Gov. Swann

Beckett: How did you get in here?

Gillette: Run, sir! (Gillette draws his sword and lunges, only for Beckett to return blades)

Swann: Gillette!

Gillette: I said go, sir! Fast as you can!

(Gov. Swann picks up the heart and hides it under his coat. He makes a run for it, flying through the doors and down the long hallway. The door on the end will let him get outside. Mr. Mercer slithers out of a side door, pistol in hand.)

Mercer: I don't think you'll want to be doing that.

Swann: This is madness! I need to get out of here. I need to see my daughter.

Mercer: All in good time.

(We hear a pained scream offscreen)

Beckett: (dusting his hands off) Such a mess. Oh, Weatherby, how good to see you again. You have the heart, I believe?

Swann: I haven't got anything.

Beckett: The heart was in the room when you came in, and gone when I left it.

Swann: Gillette destroyed it. That's what we were doing.

Beckett: Is that the truth? (Mercer cocks the pistol)

Swann: I demand to be taken to my daughter before I answer such a question.

Beckett (losing his patience): Your daughter is most likely dead or a crew member on the Flying Dutchman by now. Commodore Norrington has been sent to discover her whereabouts. You'll tell me where the heart is.

Swann: I want to see Elizabeth.

Beckett: Very well.

Mercer: Lord Beckett?!

Beckett: We shall take Gov. Swann to his daughter, Mr. Mercer. And there we shall see about the heart.

willofthewisp
I had to keep going. Couldn't resist. I'm copying and pasting as we go and this is already 22 pages and we haven't even found Jack yet! I can tell AWE is going to be an epic of, well, epic proportion!

IN SAO'S PALACE

Xiang: Calypso!

Pirates: Calypso! (Everyone bows except for Will, Liz, and Norrington)

Gibbs: Get down, all you! They called her Calypso.

Ragetti: Even I knew what that means.

Pintel: Just shut up.

Calypso: They can stand if dey wish. Da one wit da touch of destiny and his friends.

Will: How did you get here? Who are you really?

Calypso: In time I shed dis human form and go back to bein' da goddess of da sea.

Barbossa: The only one who can resurrect a once-dead pirate.

Liz: If you can do that, you can rescue Jack. You must come with us!

Calypso: Certainly, certainly. But I need to see da 3 of you. Alone.

Sao: Oh, goddess, it would be so great an honor...

Calypso: Alone.

(they go into the treasure room where Anamaria and Will originally were)

Calypso: Davy Jones is still tryin' to reach his heart. Who knows where it is?

Liz: It's back with him. His crew recovered it.

(Norrington has an "oh shit" look and grows downcast)

Calypso: Is not true.

Will: You. (to Norrington) You were the last one with it. It wasn't in Jack's jar when he thought it was. What did you do with it?

Norrington: It is with Lord Cutler Beckett.

Will: You fool! There are people on that ship, people that don't deserve to be there!

Calypso: I sense while dat has happened, it not lie dere now.

Will: Beckett lost it?

Calypso: Someone very high in power has it. Does not want to have it.

(Liz shakes her head at Norrington)

Liz: We trusted you.

(Before Norrington can speak, Calypso turns to Will)

Calypso: It is you dat must go back for it.

Will: Go back for it? We need Jack.

Calypso: And Jack you will get, but Jack need da heart. So the band must split. It is your destiny.

(Will looks protectively at Liz)

Will: I'm to leave her with pirates and a traitor?

Calypso: Leave her in charge, you will.

Liz: In charge?

Calypso: Of savin' Jack Sparrow.

Liz: I suppose I should assemble my crew then.

Will: We need to talk before I go.

Liz: Before you go.... (heads back into the other room. Will follows her)

Calypso: I never dought it'd be you dat claimed da heart.

Norrington: It was only to have my old life back. (realizes in mid-sentence what a selfish gain it was) I just wanted...

Calypso: Just wanted to do good. (Holds his hands) Youse a good man, James Norrington. Good man dat feels him all alone in world. But it's at world's end when you find you not.

Norrington: Not alone? What does that mean?

katelovespirate
ah! smile so good. are you going on, or shall i continue a bit?

willofthewisp
You continue. I'll jump off you. I want to make sure everything's cleared up, though. Have I left anything dangling?

katelovespirate
as usual, you've taken care of everything just brilliantly. smile hooray! Well i'll do a bit then.

willofthewisp
thanks. Write as much as you want. I need to get to bed.

Surreal_44
I'll just wait for Kate to post big grin

katelovespirate
CUT TO...

Will and Elizabeth talking. Elizabeth leans against the wall, avoiding Will's gaze.

Will: I don't want to leave you. I swore to myself after leaving you in prison in Port Royal that I would never do something so foolish again.

Elizabeth: There's more at stake here than just us... If you find the heart, you will be one step closer to saving your father.

Will: But how will I save you?

Elizabeth turns away from him, needing him to understand.

Elizabeth: Will, I know you've been there for me, you've saved me, in more ways than one. But everything's different now.

Will: Since you kissed Jack?

Elizabeth: Since I killed Jack. (long pause.) I'm not who you think I am, Will.

CUT TO...

Elizabeth, Tia, Norrington, Marty and Cotton are boarding a junk, graciously donated by Sao Feng. On the dock, Will watches them go with fear and misgiving.

Anamaria: Don't worry. She has a touch of destiny about her too.

Will: (changing the subject) We need to set sail for Port Royal as soon as possible.

Anamaria: Mister Gibbs is bringing the boat around. Did the goddess give any other information?

Will: Does she ever?

Pintel and Ragetti walk up, along with Teague.

Teague: I still say I should have gotten to go on the fun mission.

Pintel: Ah yes, the fun mission. Sailing to the end of the world with a voodoo goddess and a pirate killing lady, to save a dead man. Should be loads of fun for them.

CUT TO... Elizabeth's junk. Tia is at the helm, humming. Marty and Cotton are playing dice. Norrington is stalking around nervously.

Norrington: Why do I get the feeling these are unsafe waters?

Tia: Not unsafe. Just uncharted.

Norrington: Is there a difference?

He walks away, joining Elizabeth leaning against the rail.

Elizabeth: Remember the first time we were on a ship together?

Norrington: (smiles) Vaguely. You were singing about pirates.

Elizabeth: I was. I was a foolish girl.

Norrington reaches into his coat and pulls out the compass. Elizabeth looks at it wearily.

Elizabeth: Not that again.

Norrington: It might come in useful for you.

Elizabeth: It's brought me nothing but trouble in the past. I don't even want to look at it.

Norrington: And I have no need to look at it. (Elizabeth raises her eyebrows in question, and he says softly) I already know where it would point.

He walks away, leaving the compass in Elizabeth's hands. She glances over- Tia has been listening.

Tia: Time fer ye to take over, Miss Elizabeth. We be almost der.

CUT TO...

Two ships, nearing each other in rough waters. One is Beckett's flagship. The other is the flying dutchman.

Inside, Beckett strides into Davy Jones' cabin.

Beckett: Just making our rounds. No Elizabeth Swann here, I presume?

Jones: Not yet.

Beckett: Tisk Tisk. I had rather hoped you had completed your mission by now.

Jones: My beast is dead. My heart is lost. Excuse me if I'm not quite up to your standards, Lord Beckett.

Beckett: I have imporant guests sailing from England shortly. Quite a few, I should think, and armed to the teeth. When they arrive, I expect our loose ends to be tied up. Is that understood?

Beckett doesn't give Jones a chance to answer as he strides out. Jones' slaves watch him warily as he passes- including bootstrap.

Beckett: William Turner? The other one? I'd no idea you were part of this little nightmare.

Bootstrap: Cutler Beckett...

Beckett: It really is a small world, isn't it?

Bootstrap: Maybe a small world, but the ocean is larger than even your cruelty.

Beckett: (laughing) You remembered! I'm so pleased. I wish I could stay and reminisce, but I have a very angry ex-governor aboard my ship that needs some closure. So if you'll excuse me...

Bootstrap: Jack Sparrow is going to kill you, you know.

Beckett: (whipping around with a slightly angry face) Jack Sparrow is dead.

Bootstrap: So was I. (smiles)

CUT TO...

Elizabeth's junk on a still black sea.

Tia: Land ho.

Elizabeth: What do you mean, land ho?

Tia: I mean, der be land ahead.

Elizabeth: Impossible.

Tia: Abandon ship.

Norrington: Are you serious?

Tia has gathered up her belongings and tied them to her back. She motions the others to do the same. Marty and Cotton lean far over the side, listening intently. They hear a roaring in the distance.

Marty: I think she's right.

Elizabeth: What's that noise?

Tia: De sound of de world, leaving ye behind.

Suddenly, the ship lurches forward into unexpected rapids, and rocks protude from the water like jagged teeth in the midst of a whirlpool. Within minutes the ship is bashed to pieces, while the crew clings desperately to rocks.

Tia: Take hold of my hands!

They do, struggling against the water and the noise.

Tia: Are ye ready?

No, but she leaps off the rock, dragging them behind her, into the midst of the whirlpool. Elizabeth takes a gasp of air before they go under, and suddenly they are in a quiet world, sinking into the blackness of the ocean as though they had canons strapped to their boots. Elizabeth turns with hazy eyesight to see Tia Dalma, her hair suddenly long and loose behind her, her skin seeming to glimmer with scales and gems. She drags them deeper, and deeper, and then the blackness takes over...

Suddenly they break the surface of an ocean where a sun is rising. Gasping for air, flailing wildly, Elizabeth, Norrington, Marty and Cotton choke and sputter, recognizing each other and gazing around at the new world. Tia Dalma suddenly emerges, wild and smiling, and shakes the water of her hair.

Tia: Come.

Cotton's parrot flies overhead, towards what looks like land. They swim towards it, finally reaching the shores of a blacksanded beach. Pearls litter the sand, along with starfish. Everything is incredibly quiet, and somehow oppressive. The crew lay on the beach for a moment, catching their breath. Suddenly, Elizabeth hears a sound in the distance. It's a voice, singing "Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me..."

Elizabeth: Jack?

katelovespirate
alright then surreal, off you go! smile looking forward to reading more in the morning...

Surreal_44
*The scene cuts to Jack Sparrow. He looks perfectly happy, sitting with his back pressed up against the Black Pearl. He is singing lustily, with a bottle of...water in his hands*

Jack: And really bad eggs, drink up me hearties yo -- *shouting in the distance*

Elizabeth: Jack? Is that you?

*Jack scrambles to a standing position, looking happy, but then decides to against such an action. By the time Elizabeth and her crew come into view, Jack is lounging casually against the Black Pearl as if there is nothing unusual about the situation.*

Jack: *unconcerned voice* That you, Lizzy?

Elizabeth: *breaks into a run at Jack's voice, skids to a stop in front of Jack, who is playing it cool.* Jack!

*Norrington approaches more slowly. Jack scowls at him and hops to his feet*

Jack: What'd you bring him for? You here to finish the kill then, are you, luv?

*Jack swaggers off a bit, attempting to ignore the entire group.*

Elizabeth: Jack! Jack, wait! *runs to catch up with Jack* It's not how you think --

Jack: *swings around on here, closes in on her personal space and purrs* And what is it that I think?

Elizabeth: *gazes up at him, trapped by his words, emotions tearing at her, confusing her* I -- I'm sorry, Jack. I -- I was trying to do what was right.

Jack: *pauses long enough to make Elizabeth tense, but he's gazing into her eyes, searching them for something. He can see that she is slowly tearing apart from what she is feeling, and he softens ever so slightly, and steps back* Right then. So what ARE you here for?

James: *has been standing off a distance, but approaches as he sees how rattled Elizabeth has become.* We're here to lug your sorry arse back to the land of the living, Sparrow.

Jack: Captain Sparrow, if you please. *he pauses* Well, thanks and all that, but I don't feel much like coming back.

(( Eh, I am not good with the J/E dynamics. I'll let someone else pick up on it. I was trying to convey that Elizabeth is torn between how she feels about Will, Jack, and now, James. big grin ))

willofthewisp
"Bootstrap: Maybe a small world, but the ocean is larger than even your cruelty."----Kate

I think this is one of the best lines so far. Very poignant. Bootstrap would sooo say this.

Surreal, you're doing great with Jack and Liz! Even if they aren't romantic, they have a difficult relationship and I think this is exactly how they'll react to each other in the movie. You're doing great.

Cut to Will, Anamaria, Pintel, Ragetti, and Teague on Anamaria's ship.

Will: How will we know where to start? Norrington supposedly turned in the heart, but now it could be anywhere.

Anamaria: Use this! (tosses him a compass)

Will: Does every pirate have one of these? (considers laughing at her)

Anamaria: Laugh all you want, Turner, but here's the thing you have to remember about Jack Sparrow: he usually gets more than he needs. Why would anyone need more than one compass that shows what you really want?

Will: I ought to throw this into the ocean, as much trouble as the first one was.

Teague: Ought not to be callin' it the first one, should you? That's the point she's trying to make. Just cuz it's Jack's don't mean it's the first.

Will: Fair enough. (prepares to throw it)

Everyone: No!

Will: Fine. I'll hang on to it. (opens it, convincing himself he wants the heart more than anything, even Liz. It points due west of them) We need to head west!

Cut to...

the Flying Dutchman

Davy: You sense that?

Beckett: Sense what? Your heart in the near vicinity?

Davy: One who's been on my ship before. (closes his eyes. Boostrap looks weary) Will Turner.

Beckett: Will Turner here?

Boostrap: Perhaps with the heart, ready to put this all to an end.

Davy: Quiet! Don't you have barnacles to be sprouting? (to crew) Slow us down, boys. We have guests approaching.

tee_pirategirl
YOU GUYS! all of u are doing so great..you've inspired me to do a really small scene maybe later on but this is just...SO GREAT. it's not just a fanfic..it sounds like a REAL script

katelovespirate
oh my goodness!!!!

Okay, Surreal, that was really, really wonderful. You captured the moment perfectly. I'm so glad you are a part of this, this time! smile You are very creative and I love the dynamic you add to the scenes. YAY!@

Willofthewisp, as always, its an honor. the barnacle-to be sprouting line made me spit iced tea everywhere, brilliant.

Everyone else, JUMP ON BOARD!!!! smile where is sailor and t maria?! pirategirl, we'll be waiting for you to join in!!!

Im going shoe shopping. i;ll do a bit when i get back. smile

Surreal_44
Aww, guys, you're making me blush! Thanks! We're all doing pretty well, aren't we? big grin

Norrington: What do you mean you don't want to come back?

*Everyone stares at Jack in annoyance, with the exception of Tia, who seems occupied with the book of pirates.*

Jack: *annoyed now* I said I don't want to come back. I went through my bit of suffering, I've come to terms with my life, and now I'm ready to move on.

Elizabeth: But you can't! We came here to get you!

Jack: *scowls* It isn't up to you anymore, Elizabeth. It's not your choice! Your moment has passed.

*Elizabeth feels the sting of his words, and draws back a little more. This meeting is bruising her even more than it's bruising Jack.*

Norrington: *hesitates, then says quietly as Elizabeth walks away* Perhaps it is not her choice, but don't you think that if you were ready to move on, you would have?

*Norrington also walks away from Jack, towards Elizabeth. Elizabeth keeps her head down, obviously lost in thought. James is about to catch up to her, when Tia is upon him, pressing the book into his hands.*

Tia: Dis be for you. Read it well, and let the stars guide you.

James: What? *looks over at Tia, but she isn't there. She seems to have vanished. He looks down at the book.*

James: *mournful tone* My life used to be so easy. Now it's just strange.

Jack: Get used to it, mate. *grins as James jumps* Best be getting to the ship. The shore is beginning to vanish.

*James looks over and realizes that the shore is in fact being swallowed by the dark waters at an alarming rate. The others are already running for the Pearl. Only Elizabeth seems unaware of the danger.*

James: Take this. Do NOT lose it! *runs after Elizabeth, and scoops her up in his arms. He is not taking the chance that she will argue with him*

Elizabeth: *furious, attempts to struggle* James! What --? *she sees the shore, realizes that the land is vanishing.

Jack: *throws down a rope, and shouts* Hurry! You can't touch the water!

*The water is dark, but seems too thick to be water. It looks almost like it's blood, and it draws closer and closer to James, who has finally set Elizabeth down so they can run faster. The water seems to be reaching for them, as if it was a living thing...*

SarahB
all ov these are FANTASTIC! ll i rly enjoyed them thnx guys

willofthewisp
I think the J/E relationship needs someone who doesn't want to put them together. It avoids putting too much fluff in and keeps things fresh. As much as I love reading stories where the two of them are together, I love this one because I have no idea what either of them are going to do or what's going to happen! Continue! I'll be on later.

katelovespirate
Marty, Cotton, and Jack are already aboard the Pearl, yelling for James and Elizabeth to hurry. James catches hold of a rope and swings himself up, while Jack reaches down a hand to Elizabeth.

Jack: (not paying much attention to the danger) Maybe I'll let go...

James: (helping Elizabeth safely to the deck) I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that.

Exhausted, the five of them splay onto the deck, while Jack casually lifts his pistol and aims it at Elizabeth.

Jack: Now, where did you say you wanted to go?

Elizabeth pulls hers out and aims it back at him.

Elizabeth: (darkly) I've killed you once, Sparrow, and I'm not afraid to do it again. Besides, I've made a bargain with Sao Feng. He won't be too pleased if I don't return to fulfill it.

James: You two are being ridiculous. Jack, I'm sorry if it's not what you want, but we're bringing you back and that's all there is to it. Your father is waiting. A mission is underway to steal back the heart. And the East India Trading Company will be arriving any day.

Jack: (grins) Just as I suspected. Everything fell apart without me.

James: You can look at this as a rescue or as a kidnapping.

Jack puts down his pistol.

Jack: And just how do you propose we get back?

James looks down at the book...

CUT TO...

katelovespirate
Night. The same boat. James is sitting trying to work out something from the book.

Jack is gazing out at the dark horizon, a bottle of rum in his hand. Elizabeth approaches him.

Jack: Not a very warm welcome from you earlier.

Elizabeth: What do you want me to say? I'm sorry? Very well. I am sorry... sorry your death was the only way to save us all. Sorry you had to suffer... (she trails off, as Jack winces. She turns to him, softer) Did you suffer greatly, Jack?

Jack can't look at her. His face is awash with pain, which he tries to mask. He gingerly sets down his bottle, struggling to maintain composure. Elizabeth turns his face towards her with her hand, but he shuts his eyes.

Jack: I don't want to talk about it, love. Or think about it. Ever again.

Elizabeth: Oh god... Jack... (she sinks down wearily against the rail. She really is sorry, and the anguish in his voice makes it so much worse.) Tell me how to fix everything.

Suddenly James runs over, the book in his hand.

James: I've found a way back!

Surreal_44
*It is dark. Anamaria's ship is floating peacefully on the water. There isn't much of a breeze, and the water is perfectly still*

*Cut to the helm of the ship. Anamaria is standing at the wheel. Most of the crew seem to be below decks. Only Will is visible, standing near the mast, looking out toward the sea.*

Anamaria: *approaches Will* You should get some rest.

Will: *still gazing out at the sea* There is no rest for me. Not any longer.

*looks over at Anamaria finally. In the flickering lamplight, Will's eyes are darker and full of an aching pain that is usually only seen in the dying.*

Will: I've lost her, you know.

*his hand curls tightly around the COMPASS, which Anamaria just notices he is holding*

Anamaria: You don't know that!

Will: *laughs softly, but there is no humor in the sound* Don't I? There is nothing more for me now. A father who left me, and a fiance who left me...

*Will's hand trembles, and he drops the COMPASS. It opens on the deck and spins, not sure where to go.*

*Cut to Anamaria's face. She is concerned. She bends down and reaches for the COMPASS at the same time as Will. Their hands meet, his rough fingers closing over her wrist, and it is almost as if an electrical current runs through them. She gasps, pulls away.*

Will: *desperately* I'm sorry -- *releases Anamaria's wrist, watches her leave. Finally picks up the COMPASS. The needle is spinning more slowly now, but Will does not wait to see where it points. He closes it and stands, looking back out to the horizon.*

(( Not a lot of action, I know, and I don't know if they will work romantically, or if there's something else going on. big grin Poor Will sad ))

Surreal_44
Cont'd from Kate's post:

*Elizabeth and Jack look up at James. James falters a bit at the close proximity of the two, then gathers his bearings.*

James: Tia added more names into the list. When you rearrange the letters, they make up constellation and star names.

Jack: *suspicious* How do we know what order to follow them in?

James: *slightly embarrassed* Er...in the order I've written them down. Look, are you going to do this, or am I going to have to mutiny to sail this ship?

Jack: *pops up, wags finger at James* Nooo. -I- am the captain here. You tell me where to set course, and I'll follow it. Any tricks though, and I'm tossing ye over-board.

James: Understood, captain. *pauses* There is one other puzzle...

Jack: *waits* Yes?

James: What is the 'green flash'?

katelovespirate
YAY! smile Wonderful job, as usual Surreal.

I am really interested to see what happens between Will and Anamaria. I am also not sure whether they would or wouldn't work romantically, but it's going to be fun finding out. smile

willofthewisp
Yeah, I was about to ask you, Kate, if you were going to try to put them together. Another question, what are you doing with Jack and Liz? I like it, but it's very ambiguous. I'm not sure if I can continue if he's got it bad for her like what it's implying. Oh well.

Jack: She would have us go there.

Norrington: You understand that?

Jack: I thought every good sailor knew it....but what am I saying? Every good sailor DOES know it (smirks).

Liz: Do enlighten us.

Jack: For you, love, since you asked nicely. A green flash is an illusion that occur shortly after sunset or before sunrise, when a green spot is visible for a short period of time above the sun.

Gibbs: That be tellin' us so much. Are we lookin' for sunset or sunrise?

Jack: My guess is Tia brought you all here for more than just Ol' Jack. East means sunrise.

Gibbs: Where is the first place the sun rises?

Jack: Fiji.

Liz: Fiji? (pulls out the charts to search for it and make a course)

Norrington: And what will we find when we get there?

Jack: I figured out the first puzzle. I'll let you do the second. (involuntarily gives a shiver. The last time he was cold, he was being swallowed up by the kracken)

Gibbs: I'll get you a pint of rum, Cap'n. Then we'll change course.

Jack: Yes to the first, and yes to the second, so long as everyone remembers who's really captaining this ship. (looks around) What ship is this, anyway?

CUT TO

katelovespirate
as usual, i have no long term plans with jack, liz, will, anamaria, etc. I was just playing around with what was already there. since this IS a N/L fic, we'll eventually have to push the J/L vibe into that of a deep friendship/understanding, accompanied by their usual banter. but I'm all for the idea that just because Norrington and Elizabeth are going to end up together in this one (which is very exciting) other stuff could happen first... wink

it's a very difficult situation. Will is like, completely heartbroken and Jack is just hot. We're going to have to get creative to deal with those two.

The ship they are on--- what ship is it? I think i forgot and stuck in the pearl, assuming Jack had that in the locker, but now i'm not sure...

katelovespirate
here's some ideas that were floating around in my head (we dont have to use any of them, just ideas to bounce around)...

Surreal mentioned a theory at one point that Jack was already married or something. We could play into that, possibly with Anamaria or with a new character. Not sure if that would work or not, but the idea of Jack having a few more secrets up his sleeve might pave the way for N/L. We still have Tia, the strumpets, and jack's dad hanging around as raw material. I don't want to paint Jack as being in love with Elizabeth if he's not going to get her, obviously, but at the same time, there is an undeniable connection there, and i think definately a friendship.

as far as Will goes, I think we did a nice job of giving him a new romance in, what was it, our version of 4? the problem with will is that you don't want him to recover too quickly or jump right off with another girl, because it lessens his character.

but we've been very cautious thus far, sticking pretty closely to what we know of 3. There's tons to play with outside of what will probably happen.

sailorleo
woah..will and jack buggery....like on an island things...like maybe just that one time....

katelovespirate
Murtogg and Mulroy. On Beckett's ship, still floating close by the flying dutchman.

Murtogg: You say Mr. Gillette is dead?

Mulroy: That's what I said. Saw him, I did.

Murtogg: Bloody hell. What's happened to the world?

Mulroy: (mordantly) It's become civilized.

Beckett strides onto the ship, looking angry. He whips out a telescope and scowls at the horizon.

Beckett: Bring me the prisoner.

Governor Swann is hustled onto the deck. He looks pinched and weary, but resolute. Murtogg and Mulroy give him a salute, then cower under Beckett's stealy glance.

Beckett: It's time for some answers, Governor.

Swann: That's interesting, Cutler, seeing as I don't know the question.

Beckett: Your future son in law. William Turner. Did you send him the heart?

Swann: Via what? The East India Trading Company's shipping service?

Beckett: (exploding in anger) Does he have the heart?!

Swann: More of a heart than you'll ever have, I'm afraid.

Beckett has had enough. He whips out his sword, slashing Swann across his side. Swann sinks to the ground, his hand over the shallow wound, as Beckett raises his sword for another blow. However, a voice suddenly interrupts.

Will: Stop!

Swann: Mr. Turner!

Beckett: It's not possible.

Will: (grinning) Not probable. But as it happens, I have a very well armed ship backing me, and a bit of leverage.

Beckett: Indeed? (sheaths his sword)

Davy Jones strides up.

Jones: You!

Will looks at him with clear hatred.

Jones: Why have you come here?

Will has stepped closer to Governor Swann, close enough for Swann to slip a small but heavy sack into Will's pocket: The heart. It's a pretty bit of reverse pickpocketing.

Will: I'm here for Governor Swann, of course.

Jones: You're a fool, coming onto this ship. Now I think I'll kill you.

He steps forward, but Will whips out something--- Tia's locket. It hangs before Jones' face, as his eyes fill with tears.

Jones: Where did you get that?

Will grins, as...

CUT TO>>>

willofthewisp
Kate, you are the best for leaving that review! I owe you cookies!

Will: Wouldn't you like to know? (becomes more aggressive. Davy opens his mouth to speak, but Will is quicker) I know where she is. I know more importantly WHAT she is. And I'd take you to her.

Davy: (about to lose it) You don't know what you're saying, boy. You're as daft as your father.

Beckett: Daft like Jack. I'm more in favor of listening to what he has to say. Tell me, Mr. Turner, do you have the heart?

Will: A heart.

Beckett: Yes, there is not a soul alive who couldn't have come up with that. Do you have the heart we need?

Will: No. But I know who does, and I'd be more than happy to take you to him.

Davy: Who? Who has it?

Will: Jack Sparrow of course.

Swann: Jack Sparrow, alive after all this?

Beckett: (laughs smirk-edly) Hmph, I had the heart delivered to me personally, Mr. Turner. There is no possible way Jack Sparrow has the heart.

Will: Ah. Well, I suppose I should just put this (the locket) back in my pocket and be along my merry way, with the governor, that is.

Davy: No.

Will: What was that?

Davy: No. The sovreign lord over there may not come with you, but I will.

Will: You have to bring my father.

Davy: You drive a hard bargain, young one. I can see years of servitude out of you for this...

Will: Are you coming or not? (helps Swann to his feet)

Davy: Bootstrap! (not wanting to do it) Boostrap!

Boostrap (enters Flying Dutchman deck): Aye...Will! You're alive! (runs to him and throws his arms around him. Will is caught off guard. He hasn't been hugged by his father in years) I thought I'd lost you forever.

Will: It's the beginning of the end of your time here.

Bootstrap: How's that?

Davy: (not hearing them) Save it! You have somewhere to take us, I believe.

Beckett: Jones, don't be a fool! They mean to trick you! They don't know who that locket belongs to or anything else, except where the heart is.

Davy: I'd rather not hear your voice for a while, Lord Beckett. I'll tell you what I'll do: I'll let you be first mate of me crew whilst I'm gone. They'll take good care of you, won't you, gents? Heh heh. Don't let the taller ones pick on you too much.

Anamaria (calls from the other ship): Are you coming, Will?

Will: I have everyone! Let's go.

Teague: Bloody hell. Davy Jones himself. I expected you a right more...human.

willofthewisp
CUT TO whatever ship Liz and Jack and Norrie and co. are on.
It's night time and Norrington is taking a much deserved breather, just out on deck by himself watching the stars.

Liz: Might I join you?

Norrington: Of course (scoots over) I've failed to ask. How have you been faring lately, with all this?

Liz: Jack will never forgive me.

Norrington (assuming): (nods) I doubt that.

Liz: What makes you say it so quickly?

Norrington: It's so obvious you have a real friendship with him. He cares for you, Elizabeth, and I'm sure he knows you care for him, even if he is a rogue pirate.

Liz: Thank you.

Norrington: It must have been a shock for him to run into you. You're rushing him, I think.

Liz: You know, James, I've always held high regard for your opinion. (smiles at him)

Norrington: That's refreshing to hear.

Liz: You deserved to hear it.

Norrington: I suppose now you'll chain me up and leave me here, eh?

(Liz looks shocked at first, then laughs. It's a light moment between them)

Liz: I think I'll go back in. I just wanted to check on you.

Norrington: Sleep well. (watches her go)

Jack: Now that was dashing.

Norrington: Where did you come from?

Jack: You know how long it's been since I got to swim in the ocean? Quite refreshing, almost as refreshing as a compliment from dear Lizzie.

Norrington: Your sarcasm escapes me, pirate.

Jack: No sarcasm intended. You know I've always rooted for you.

Norrington: I hope you know you're breaking her heart.

Jack: Her heart? Hers? No. No, that heart's made of stronger stuff than even mine. It's you I'm worried about.

Norrington: You would concern yourself with me? I must have treasure on my person that I'm not aware of.

Jack: See? Already I'm a positive influence on you, you trying to be funny and all. You want to win that one, don't you?

Norrington: Am I looking at a rival for her?

Jack: (laughs) I love Lizzie (pauses) but not like that. I also know you won't hurt her, so I can trust you with her. I can help you.

Norrington: If you won't even talk to her, there's not much behind that last statement.

Jack: Time heals all wounds, mate. She and I will be back to our old selves soon enough.

Norrington: And what does a rum-soaked pirate have to teach me about courting a lady? (still incredulous)

Jack: Well, lesson one. When she looks into your eyes like that, that's what's called an opportune moment. (slaps him on the shoulder) But I think I'll retire to me cabin now. Think about it.

katelovespirate
hehehehe YAYAYAYAY!!!! that was just DELICIOUS! smile i love imagining Jack and Norri having a convo like that. brilliant. someone please go on!

Surreal_44
The ship is the Black Pearl. I mentioned that in one of my posts. Can we make Elizabeth a little less good at everything she does? Sword fighting I can get, pistols, ok, but her knowing all about charting courses? Not sure I can go with that...

Also, James is a sailor, has been for years, so he'll know the lore of the sea...he may not always believe it, but he's not a total idiot. wink

I'll have to post in the morning. Carry on, ladies!

katelovespirate
willo, thats your cue... wink

willofthewisp
lol, I just wanted her to do it. Norrie will have his chance to shine. I had to go on wikipedia and basically see if there really was anything called green flash.

I'm stumped for now. What I'm thinking is that you could have them get there and Liz is a little clumsy. Things don't usually work out. You could have her fall into a hole or something, just not kidnapped. I'm sick of her being kidnapped.

willofthewisp
I've thought about it, surreal, and when I go back to copying and pasting, I'll have Liz ask about the green flash and they'll both explain it to her. She'll be a beginner at charts and they can figure it out together. That way she's more realistic but not stupid and Norrie gets to show off his smarts. How's that?

ivebeendepped43
omgomgomg!!!!! i just noticed tis thread and i read the story!! it was amazing!!!! continue please! if not... im gonna hurt something!! its amazing! even for a N/L story. though i still prefer J/L and i always will. but i love how Jack is so caring about Lizzie. but CONTINUE!!

katelovespirate
Cut to: Will's ship. A very odd assortment of crew, with Will, Anamaria, Teague, Pintel and Ragetti, Bootstrap, and now Davy Jones as well.

Teague: Will, while you were out picking up interesting sea creatures, we recieved word from Sao Feng. There will be a gathering of the pirate brethran, and if we don't get there in tip-top time, we're lible to get blasted from the water.

Will: And what about... (tries to insinuate Tia Dalma without actually saying her name in front of Jones) You know...

Teague: (makes a very obvious gesture for a curvy woman with his hands) Ahem, right right. No need to fret, she'll be meeting us there.

Jones: (interrupting) not on land, I hope?

Teague: (grinning, showing off his gold teeth) Ye've been there before, matey. Not quite land, not quite sea.

Jones: Ah, the cove.

Anamaria is steering nervously. Will moves towards her.

Anamaria: I dont know what you were thinking, bringing that Jones along. Very dangerous, very dangerous. Especially since Tia clearly no longer loves him.

Will: Perhaps we'll have to do some matchmaking. Anyway, I'm making this up as I go. We've got the heart, we've got one of the villians, and soon we'll hopefully have allies against Beckett.

Anamaria: When did you turn into an optimist?

Will: When my plans started working.

He smiles- but suddenly there's a large lurch in the ship--- Will runs to the look out, as...

CUT TO...

Surreal_44
Oooh, fun. Again, I'm totally out of time...I've spent all morning trying to figure out where to put my avatar, but er...I'm lost. Anyway, must trot, so I will post something later.

And great idea, Willo. big grin See you guys later.

katelovespirate
The Pearl. Elizabeth is striding up to Captain Jack.

Elizabeth: Shipwreck cove? Are you serious?

Jack: That's the plan, darling.

Elizabeth: So, a secret message arrives in the dead of night from a highly questionable source, and your plan is to hasten to obey said order and sail off for another dangerous mythic location?

Jack: (slightly confused) more or less, yes.

Elizabeth: Why wasn't I consulted?

Jack: (smiling) because you aren't captain.

Elizabeth: But there's still the heart, and my father and Will to consider.

Jack: When are you going to let bloody stupid Will grow up and look after himself? Relax. Have some rum. Think of the code.

Elizabeth: (mumbling as she walks away) bloody pirate.

James joins her as she stalks off.

James: Trouble with the captain?

Elizabeth: No more than usual.

James: Don't worry about your father. He's more resourceful than you give him credit for.

Elizabeth: You men of high position always have some trick up your sleeve. (smiles)

James: Especially when it comes to protecting the ones we love.

They gaze at each other for a moment, with what can only be described as a look of love, when suddenly, Jack shouts that there is a ship approaching.

They rush to the look out, and can make out what appears to be a large menacing ship, still too far off to do any serious damage, but approaching rapidly.

Elizabeth: Beckett's ship?

James: No- it looks more like the Dauntless.

Elizabeth: Which is at the bottom of the ocean!

Jack runs up, his spyglass out.

Jack: Sao Feng!

Elizabeth: It can't be-- he's on our side!

Marty: The flying dutchman, maybe?

Jack: No- look at the colors.

The confusion continues- every crew member seems to be sure its something else. Either way, they begin to fire at it. A heavy fog seems to come with it, masking its identity, and no matter how many canons they fire, they can't seem to hit it.

CUT BACK TO... Will's ship, which is being attacked, and hit from time to time by canons. Unfortunately, a heavy fog is masking their view.

Barbossa: What the devil? We have to get out of this fog!

Will: What's your plan?

Teague: I say we abandon ship.

Everyone gives him a look like, thats the stupidest idea ever. Teague shrugs.

Teague: Just an idea.

Davy Jones: Put up the lanterns, and hoist the flag.

Everyone rushes to obey, but all of the sudden they emerge from the fog into clean sunlight, where they see the Black Pearl firing on them!

Back at the Pearl, the mysterious ship has vanished with the fog, allowing them to see Will's ship clearly.

Jack: Hold fire!

Elizabeth: Will? What on earth...?

Will: (shouting over) Stop blowing holes in my ship!

James: (shouting back) There was another ship over there! Where did it go?

Barbossa: (also shouting) You're all daft, and no wonder, since you have Jack! I've half a mind to blow you back to the locker.

Dacy Jones: (seeing Jack) Damn you, Jack Sparrow! Where be my heart?

Jack: Damn yourself, Jones! I'll stab it if it's the last thing I do.

Elizabeth: Be quiet! If there's another ship, it could be waiting to come back and attack again!

Will: Elizabeth! You're safe!

Teague: All this shouting is making my throat hurt! What say we all have a pow-wow on the Pearl, eh?

Everyone looks at him and shrugs.

CUT TO, a pow-wow on the pearl, later that night. Jack, Norrington, Elizabeth, Will, Anamaria, Barbossa, Gibbs, Bootstrap, Governor Swann, Marty, Cotton, Pintel, Ragetti, and Davy Jones are having a chat.

Jones: For one, I think it's unfair to have a ceasefire between myself and Sparrow.

Elizabeth: (groaning) Very well. Kill him, then I'll stab your heart, and that's the last you'll ever see of Calypso.

Davy shuts up as Will tosses him the locket.

Teague: So, it seems you all have been having some adventures, eh?

Gibbs: Aye. There we were, at the very edge of--- (Gibbs is ready to launch into a melodramatic tale, but Barbossa interrupts him)

Barbossa: We don't have time for that. We're summoned to Shipwreck Cove. We've already wasted precious time.

Anamaria: He's right. The problem is, I don't trust most of you with my life.

Jack: Nor I.

Will: Nor I.

Jones: Nor I.

Teague: Me either!

Gibbs: (to Jack) What shall we do, Captain?

Barbossa: What we ought to do-

Will: I'd say we should-

Jack: Excuse me! While you're on MY ship you will kindly remember that Captain Jack Sparrow will make the decisions.

Jones: And you will also kindly remember that I have granted a prisoner freedom, but for a price. If I'm not repaid...

Jack: Here's the plan, fish face. We're going to reboard the ships exactly as we left them excepting the fathers, and You (indicates Will) will follow ME to Shipwreck Cove, where YOU (indicates Jones) will be reunited with your dolly belle. YOU (indicates Elizabeth) and YOU (indicates James) Will go into my cabin immediately. You, You, and You (indicates Governor Swann, Teague, and Bootstrap) will sail with me and argue about which one's son (or daughter) is the best looking, while You and You (indicates Pintel and Ragetti) will sail with Will and try not to do anything stupid, as hard as that sounds. You and You (marty and cotton) with me. Did I miss anyone?

Anamaria: Me.

Jack: Ah. (is about to say something when Will interrupts)

Will: She comes with me.

Jack: Very good then. Off you go!

katelovespirate
now... who's going to write about James and Elizabeth following the captain's orders? wink

willofthewisp
"Teague: (makes a very obvious gesture for a curvy woman with his hands)"-------Kate. I about pissed my pants out of laughter at this.

Okay, I need to get a few things straight. Who is on what ship? Let me see if I have this right.

One ship: Jack, Liz, Norrie, Swann, Teague, Boostrap, Barbossa, Marty, Cotton, Gibbs

Other ship: Will, Pintel, Ragetti, Anamaria

If that's right, I think I got it.

CUT TO
Jack's ship

Swann: Elizabeth!

Liz: Father! I feared the worst. (hugs him) There's so much you have to know.

(camera pans away to Jack at the helm. Barbossa is with him)

Barbossa: Like old times, ain't it, Jack?

Jack: A little too close to old times to my liking, Judas.

Barbossa: What say you to telling all of 'em just how dangerous Shipwreck Cove is, or we plan on lettin' 'em find their own way out?

Jack: Maybe they'll all just say 'parley.'

Barbossa: Now, Jack, , you can't tell me after all this time you still have a soft spot for the livin'?

Jack: No good pirate has that, mate.

Barbossa: What's going to happen then when we get there and you-know-who wants you-know-what from someone? Who would you choose? Me, perchance?

Jack: Seeing as the monkey is not here with us, I'd settle to choose you.

Barbossa: You would choose me because I'm the only one that knows the answer to the question, not because you'd throw me away to death.

Jack: I did once.

Barbossa: Ah, that ye did. I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I think they should all know what we're up against so you won't have to pick on little old me.

Jack: Barbossa....

Barbossa: On deck! All hands on deck!

(everyone hurries up to see what the fuss is about)

Barbossa: Once again, Cap'n Jack tells the crew one thing and himself something else. Anyone here know what Shipwreck Cove is?

Norrington: The first region of Fiji the British settled, until a hurricane.

Barbossa: Damn straight. And pray tell what happened, Commodore.

Norrington (all eyes are on him): It was almost 60 years ago when a hurricane seemed to come out of nowhere and destroy a British ship.

Liz: What's the significance of that? There are all kinds of tropical storms.

Norrington: Well, and this is legend, mind you, the hurricane was only over the ship itself. Natives and a few settlers reported the island itself being just fine, but a storm of enormous magnitude right over the ship.

Barbossa: And that's what will be happenin' to us if Jack gets his way. See, there's more magical things than just Calypso runnin' around, playing pawns of pirates. There's someone who'll be waiting for us.

Boostrap: Of course. Scylla.

Liz: What's that?

Barbossa: Who's that, you mean. Ain't ya heard of Odysseus?

Liz: Is this another story, Barbossa? (not afraid of him)

Bootstrap: It's all true.

Barbossa: Last time I told you a story, Ms. TURNER, it was Gospel truth. She was a beautiful water-nymph, but she scorned Glaucus (Neptune's son) and angered Circe (an enchantress.) Circe made a mixture of poisonous plants and poured them in the water where Scylla bathed (on the coast of Sicily.) When Scylla went in the water up to her waist, she found herself surrounded by a brood of serpents and barking monsters. She tried to run away, but the serpents and monsters were a part of her. This gave her a terrible temper, and she would thereafter devour hapless sailors that came within her grasp....unless you know the answer to the question she asks.

Gibbs: And no one knows the riddle she asks, so it does no good to tell everyone and make them worry. There are ways to get into Fiji without running into Scylla.

Swann: Odysseus was never this far across the world!

Teague: Monsters can travel, old man. I concur with Mr. Gibbs except for the condition that Shipwreck Cove is guarded by Scylla and is impossible to reach by land, ergo we have to go in through the beauty queen's way.

Liz: Very welll then. What's her riddle?

Surreal_44
Ah, I'm confused now. Weren't we supposed to write something about James and Liz in the cabin? I have something almost all ready, but now I don't know where to put it. big grin

willofthewisp
Yeah, I think Kate and I posted at the same time. What you could do is have them go back to the cabin. In fact, have Jack ask where they've been and they've been in different places and he can lock them in there. Would that work?

katelovespirate
yeah, i actually skipped the reunion between them all, so Willo, yours fits in right before mine, if you added a few lines to mine about the answer to the riddle... right?

Surreal, post the cabin scene! smile

Surreal_44
If you give me a teeny bit of time, I would be much obliged. I have something written out, and I need to change it around a bit...plus it's my sister's birthday and I have to go out to eat. I'll post it up as quickly as I can. If you want to continue anyways, of course you can. big grin

willofthewisp
I'll be on later tonight, hoping to read some smut! laughing I have full confidence in you, Surreal.

katelovespirate
giggle... right on. we're waiting it out, surreal, so make it extra hot! smile

willofthewisp
Just a suggestion: after Surreal writes her post, it should cut to other sections of the ship where people will be turning in and we can see what they're doing, what they're thinking about. It'd be really cool and some development for Bootstrap if he took out like a little painting of Will or something Will gave him as a kid and hoping he's okay. That's when we can cut to Will. Okay! I'm out!

katelovespirate
very cool, sounds quite cinematic. smile

Surreal_44
Working on my post, but I was thinking, in order to prevent more cross-posting, maybe we should each take a turn, such as after I post, Kate can post, and then Willo, and then me again...when others want to join in, we can put them in the cycle, and if we can't think of something to post, we can just 'pass' on it. big grin

Might prevent more confusion. big grin

katelovespirate
sounds good! i'm anxious to read the very first cabin scene of our fic...

willofthewisp
Meh, most of the time those kinds of things fix themselves, but we can do that if you need. Remember I'll probably post this on fanfiction, so it can be a rough draft and we'll tweak what we think needs to be tweaked in time for the finished product. I'm anxious for the cabin scene, too, wondering if it will be the equivalent of the curiosity scene where they'll just be getting under each other's skin, or if they're actually going to kiss....I don't know! I'm excited!

willofthewisp
While we're waiting

CUT TO Will's ship
It is still night and like those on the Pearl, most of the crew is trying to sleep. Ragetti is at the helm. Anamaria is sitting on the steps

Will: Small little vessel, isn't it?

Anamaria: Too small if you ask me (cocks her head over to Pintel and Ragetti)

Will: (laughs) Usually they mean well, and even if they don't, they'll still do what you tell them to.

Anamaria: How's this pirate life holding up with you? From what I gathered, you were only dabbling in it for a little while.

Will: I'm not a pirate (disappointed tone)

Anamaria: In some ways you are, others not so much. Daft like one.

Will: But no Jack

Anamaria: (laughs back) Face it, Turner, no one on earth is like Jack.

Will: Were you two lovers?

Anamaria: Uh, (getting uncomfortable) everyone at one time or another was Jack's lover.

Will: I only ask because...

Anamaria: It's all right. I've never held much stock in being treated like a delicate blossom or whatever ladies are called these days.

Will: You're a lady. I ask because, Elizabeth...

Anamaria: No.

Will: How do you even know...

Anamaria: Her and Jack? I won't lie, Turner, there is some kind of love there, but I don't think it's what you make it out to be.

Will: (takes out the compass) I know exactly where this will point if I hold it, but if I were to put it in her hands, I'd have no idea, and that can't possibly be normal.

Anamaria: No, it can't.

(Will toys with opening it)

Anamaria: Go ahead.

Will: No. I don't know a cheat for me to recognize what I want. (throws it into the ocean)

Anamaria: Will!

Will: Now I won't have to obsess over it.

Anamaria: How could you do that? We might have needed that later!

Will: Maybe it was just a trick for you to call me Will.

Anamaria: (sighs, laughs) You shouldn't have gotten rid of it.

Will: What good has it done anyone? If there really are two, Jack will still have his, although I'm not sure who has that anymore.

Anamaria: Where is Davy Jones?

Will: Probably in one of the cabins, dreaming of his lost bride...(stops as if he's just realized something)

Anamaria: Scary how that sounds so familiar?

Will: What did you say? (getting angry)

Anamaria: You can't help but notice the similarities. Elizabeth is an untamed woman...

Will: I asked you a personal question to gain insight about Jack. You don't ask someone something like that.

Anamaria: I make it a habit to speak my mind, Will. If you don't like the truth...

Will: It's not the truth!

Anamaria: You're not even on the same ship! She's a pirate. You're not.

Will: Elizabeth is not a pirate. You are, and as one you have no idea when something is horrible to say, and you certainly have no idea about how other people feel, least of all Elizabeth and me. (furiously walks away from her)

(Anamaria is too shocked and hurt for words. Her mouth just sits agape, tears starting to well in her eyes. Biting her lip, she wipes them before she starts crying and stares out into the ocean, an unreadable expression on her toughened face)

willofthewisp
Real quick note: after the cabin scene, I want to do one, and it is going to be Liz finally confronting Jack about how aloof he's been to her. Trust me, this will not be romantic, but I have a lot of dialogue in my head right now and I need to spill it out, so nobody take that, please!

katelovespirate
oh wow, willo, that was intense. really, really good. i could picture it and it was incredibly intense. I like what you are doing there. smile yay!

OK SURREAL, time for the cabin scene... im going to start chewing on my nails again...

katelovespirate
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Real quick note: after the cabin scene, I want to do one, and it is going to be Liz finally confronting Jack about how aloof he's been to her. Trust me, this will not be romantic, but I have a lot of dialogue in my head right now and I need to spill it out, so nobody take that, please!

how about throwing in a kiss or two, just for fun? oh woops, wrong fic.

Surreal_44
Ooh, I already had Jack have it out a bit with Lizzie...so maybe you should post first, Willo, then I can pick up afterwards. Besides, it would be weird for James and Liz to have their big moment, and have her trotting back over to Jack to talk to him, don't you think?

katelovespirate
gah!!!! enough already! post the big moment!!!! smile hehehehe. I'm really excited about this. good job generating lots of suspence.

katelovespirate
alright, I'm getting bored and I'm libel to write some major plot twists that screw up the story, as I often do when people don't post for a while... wink

I'll just pick up where Willo left off.

Anamaria is leaning against the rail, when Davy Jones approaches her.

Jones: It hurts, doesn't it.

Anamaria: (starting at his presence, and quickly wiping off her face, her normal sarcastic look returning) What?

Jones: Being rejected by someone you love.

Anamaria turns and crosses her arms.

Anamaria: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Jones: Ah... a cynic. I'm delighted.

Anamaria: (laughing caustically) We all have our ways of escape. You too, if the legends are true.

Jones: They are. My time is coming, I can feel it. But it doesn't matter. My life has been over for years, ever since she left me...

Anamaria: (strangely moved to compassion) What happened between you?

Jones: Who can say? I never asked to fall in love... (struggles for a moment, is he faking it, or being serious? But Anamaria, hurt and upset, feels deeply sorry for him.) If only someone would really stab that heart, and let me be at peace...

Anamaria: (with a slight gasp) Is that really what you want?

Jones: It's all I've wanted for years.

Anamaria pauses for a moment... and slowly pulls that small, heavy bag out of her coat pocket... the heart. Stolen from Will. Jones looks down at the bag as Anamaria pulls instinctively away, her other hand on her sword.

Anamaria: Stay back...

Jones: Do it. Stab the heart...

Anamaria pulls out her sword and looks down at the bag.

Meanwhile, in Jack's cabin...

ivebeendepped43
gah! go on! going crazy here!

katelovespirate
ps. Willo, when you're editing it, you might want to stick in a part about how The Black Pearl, Jack, and the rescuers got out of the locker and back into the land of the living. Green flash, that kind of thing. I sort of skipped that whole part... whoops. wink

ivebeendepped43
lol there *orbitz* well be some SERIOUS kissing soon in this story, or im prepared to leave!.........ok, i wouldnt b able to resist reading this story, but it would make me very unhappy while reading!

Surreal_44

willofthewisp
Thank you. I'll take it from here.

Liz: Figure it out?

Jack: You don't love Will, do you? You'll feel better if you say it.

Liz: I don't know what you're talking about.

Jack: Lizzie, you can't lie to me....at least, not anymore. I never thought he was right for you.

Liz: I...(looks at Jack. She can't continue this anymore) No. (she lets out a much needed sob) Jack! I'm engaged to a man I don't love but can't say no to! I can't marry him, but it's too late! It's too late (tears stream down her face) I can't leave him.

(Jack doesn't say anything but pulls her to him and wraps his arms around her)

Jack: Love, calm down. Calm down. (tilts her chin up) There. Pirates don't cry, especially not over eunuchs. Savvy?

Liz: (through tears) A week ago I never thought I'd hear you say that again.

Jack: Admit it. You feel better saying you don't love dear William.

Liz: No, no I don't love Will to marry him. (only slightly calmer)

Jack: Might I suggest an alternative?

Liz: If you dare suggest yourself...

Jack: I was thinking someone slightly more legitimate (guides her towards the cabin)

Liz: James?

Jack: You know, as bright as you usually are, you've been a bit dim lately. Why do you think I sent you to my cabin? For checkers?

Liz: James is a changed man. I don't know him anymore. And I can't abandon Will. It's a lost cause, Jack.

Jack: Maybe, love, maybe, but if you did get to know him, I would venture to say things aren't as lost as they might have originally appeared and our Navy friend might be a great deal better known, eh?

Liz: You can't confuse me with all that incoherent babble.

Jack: What the hell are you talking about? (gives her a playful shove back into the cabin) You're in for the night, darlings! (locks them in)

willofthewisp
Neat idea with the heart, Kate. If no one minds, I'll continue for a bit.

CUT TO Anamaria's dilemma

Anamaria: (whips out her sword) What happens to the crew if I do this for you?

Davy: They'll need someone to take my place, of course.

Anamaria: Me for example?

Davy: Dear lady, I would have no notion on who would need to be the one. (rolls head around in a weird but deliberate way)

Anamaria: The crew should go free.

Davy: And they might. Only one way to find out.

Anamaria: (brings sword closer) I wonder, Jones, would this even kill you?

(Before Davy can answer, Anamaria sees a ship behind them)

Anamaria: We're supposed to be following Jack. (grabs the heart and runs to the end of the deck) That's not the Black Pearl. Throw me a spyglass.

Davy: No need. That be Beckett's ship.

Anamaria: What?

Davy: Trouble a-brewin.'

DUN DUN DUNNNN!

CUT TO JACK'S CABIN

katelovespirate
OMSGH i leave for a few hours and all this DRAMA HAPPENS!!!!

Okay, Surreal, as I already told you in detail, that was so RIGHT. spot on. LOVED it.

Willo, I nearly slipped a disk when Liz started crying and Jack started comforting her. Seriously, between you and Surreal, I don't know how you did it, but you managed to take all that amazing chemistry and transform it into something non-romantic. I am so incredibly proud of you both. I don't know how you did it. Honestly, T and T ought to hire you. gah, enough of my raving! smile I'm really so, so pleased. I was reading it, and I could picture it all happening shot by shot on the big screen, and getting chills. wow. just wow. smile

I feel too dense to continue after that amazing cliffhanger...

and I'm still waiting for the amazing Liz/Norrie CABIN SCENE!!!!

Surreal_44
I am almost done with the Norribeth cabin scene. I need to rework a bit of it with what Willo posted, and then I shall get it up tomorrow. I have the world's worst sinus infection, so it is really slowing me down. I keep teyping the same sentences over and ovr again, and my styping seems to have gone...far away. I'm so tired I cn barely string this togeher sas it is. stick out tongue So it'll be up in the morning, hopefully. big grin Sorry for the wait.

willofthewisp
I'm not sure if I'll be on today, but I'm not going to be on any of Saturday or most of Sunday, so don't wait for me to post those days. I'm helping my parents move and there's no internet in the house yet. I look forward to seeing what you guys have done.

katelovespirate
still waiting for the cabin scene... smile

Surreal_44
It's a coming. I'm trying to make sure it's as full of emotion as it needs to be, and I want it to be realistic. I don't want them to just be like, "Hi" and start smooching. stick out tongue I think you'll like the end result. big grin

sailorleo
ooo wait...cabin scene eh....hmmmm? *ponders*

ivebeendepped43
well hurry up already!!!!!!

Surreal_44

katelovespirate
ah gah............ you were right, you are insanely good at writing angst!!!!!!!!

smile sigh.... cant wait for the rest!!!!!!!!!!!!

katelovespirate
i think i'll continue all the dramatic build up outside the cabin, and you can post part two whenever it's ready! smile

i'm so confused about who is on whose ship, i keep having to check, LOL...

So, Anamaria and Jones...

Will comes running out.

Anamaria: Will! The Flying Dutchman is here... Beckett.

Will: What?! (turns to Jones) Is this your doing? I'll kill you for this... (Will reaches into his coat, but surprise! the heart is gone. Jones grins, as Will gets a bit frantic. Anamaria stuffs the heart back into her coat.)

Jones: I hope you have a plan B.

Will: What happened to the Pearl?

Anamaria: It can't be too far ahead... we lost sight of it a while back, but Jack gave us the bearings for the cove. I assumed we would meet up with them there.

Will: We could use a bit of back-up...

Jones: Or maybe you should just surrender?

Will: With your beast dead, the Flying Dutchman doesn't seem so frightening. Does Beckett even know how to use it properly?

The triple guns on the Dutchman begin firing at Will's ship.

Jones: Apparantly.

Will: Everyman to the guns! Load the canons! Anamaria, take the helm and get us out of firing range...

Anamaria: There's no wind! We've been riding the current.

Will: Bloody hell.

Anamaria: We'll have to turn and fight. (turns to Jones, menacing) Alright Jones. Moment of truth. Does the Flying Dutchman have a weakness? Tell us quickly, or... (she doesn't say what she means by "or", but Jones seems to get it. He pulls Will and Anamaria down, as the rest of the crew rush around)

Jones: My ship can't sink, so there's no use there. If you could bring down the mast, she'd be a sitting duck though.

Will: (shouting to the crew) Aim for the mast!

Jones: Wait! The mast is rimmed in iron- the only metal on the ship. You;d have to pull it down from above, and the weight of the metal might cause it to sink.

Anamaria: Right. We need someone who can climb...

Cut to: Pintel and Ragetti swinging over to the Dutchman on ropes, as a battle rages beneath them. They grab for the crow's nest of the FD.

Pintel: My life is flashing before me eyes.

Ragetti: I don't remember this ever being in the code.

Amidst various complaints, they do manage to attach their ropes to the mast. Then they realize they have no way back to Will's ship.

Back with Will, he has the crew on the oars beneath decks, rowing with all their might, hoping the ship will be able to pull down the mast--- and they actually do. Will rushes back on deck.

Will: Prepare to board the ship! Beckett is to be taken alive!

Jones and the crew use the mast as a bridge between ships, rushing over with weapons drawn. Beckett stands coldly on deck, a small smile on his lips.

Beckett: Stop!

Will: Give us one good reason not to run you through.

Beckett motions one of his men, who hustles someone out of the cabin... it's Tia Dalma, completely bound and unable to escape. Will looks dubious, but Jones pushes Will's men back, dropping his weapon.

Beckett: Luckily we got to her before she was restored to her former state. Hence, our ease in capturing her.

Jones: Beckett, no...

Beckett: You betrayed our bargain, Jones.

Will: It doesn't matter now. We've destroyed your means of escape, Beckett. Your life is forfeit to us.

In response, Beckett whips out a knife and holds it to Tia's throat.

Beckett: Very well. My life, perhaps. But she'll go with me. And then you'll have no help in battling the army sailing across the sea.

Tia: Please, William Turner. Dis is not yer time. Let dis man have what he wants.

Beckett: As she said.

Will: (gritting his teeth) What do you want?

Beckett: Freedom for myself and my crew, and the heart of Davy Jones.

Will: Outrageous!

Beckett: For the life of a goddess?

Will: I always planned on killing you, Beckett, and I think I might just seize this opportunity.

Beckett brings his knife closer to Tia's throat, and Jones rushes forward.

Jones: NO! Wait. We'll take the terms!

With that, Jones grabs Anamaria and yanks the heart from her coat pocket before she can stop him. He slashes her across the side and knocks her unconcsious (a very good diversionary tactic), and as Will turns to catch her, Jones delivers the heart to Beckett. Beckett's men seize Jones, and cut Tia's bonds, pushing her towards Will.

Beckett: Bargain complete.

Will has lifted Anamaria, and looks towards Beckett, about to order his men to open fire, but Beckett and his man have rushed into their longboat, which they clearly had ready for a fast escape. They herd Jones in after them, as explosions begin to go off around the Flying Dutchman. Beckett clearly had them rigged before the crew boarded.

Will: Get off the ship!

Everyone rushes back to their ship, as the Dutchman continues breaking apart. The crew is momentarily employed in disengaging their ship from the mast of the dutchman, and hence cannot hinder Beckett's escape. In the longboat, now handcuffed, Jones watches his ship sink into the water with tears in his eyes... but he's also looking to the deck of Will's ship, where for a very brief instant, Tia Dalma meets his eyes. They gaze at each other for just a moment, until Jones places his hand in the water, causing waves to drive their longboat away speedily.

Back on Will's ship, Tia Dalma meets Will (still carrying Anamaria) at the helm.

Will: (with some anguish in his voice) Definately not according to plan. Every choice I make leads me wrong.

Tia Dalma: Don't worry, William... Ye made de right choice.

Will: I made no choice. How is it a goddess came to be captured?

Tia Dalma: I am but a mortal, like ye, for de time being. But soon, soon dat will change... (she smiles, and Will looks at her questioningly) We must hasten to Shipwreck Cove.

Will nods, and carries Anamaria into his cabin. He lays her down and strips her coat off, where blood is seeping through her shirt. He rolls up the shirt, exposing the wound, and yanks some conveniently placed cloth off a desk, binding the wound tightly. As he wraps the wound, he notices scars covering her back. Troubled, he rolls her shirt back down (hey, it's Disney) but he catches a glimpse of the Pirate brand on her arm, along with more scarring. She begins to come to.

Anamaria: (groggily) what happened?

Will: (turning away, bruskly) Beckett and Jones escaped. Tia Dalma is with us.

Anamaria brings her hand to her wound, wincing in pain.

Anamaria: That bastard.

Will: So you had the heart?

Anamaria smiles wryly.

Anamaria: Apparantly. I'm a pirate, Will.

Will: I noticed. (he indicates her back, curiosity overcoming his embarrassment at the situation) What happened to you... to leave you with such scars?

Anamaria: (amused) What did you do, undress me?

Will: (defensive) No...

Anamaria: Maybe you should have. Oh, but of course. You've already given your heart away, and while she's free as a bird to do what she will, you've resolved to stay chained to her.

Will: I do as I please! She doesn't dictate my life, as you assume.

Anamaria: Doesn't she? (Anamaria stands up and steps into Will's personal space, well knowing how uncomfortable he is). Have you ever imagined what it would be like to kiss another woman?

Will starts to protest, but Anamaria is pretty good at this seduction thing. Plus, Will's really upset and vulnerable. It's hardly surprising that when Anamaria starts to kiss him, he doesn't pull away at first. Anamaria continues, and man, she's good at this.

Anamaria: Will... Have you ever wondered what the horizon tastes like? All your life you've lived in confines. Don't you ever long for freedom? The sort of freedom that comes when you shake off the burden of responsibility, when you throw caution to the wind and give yourself up to pleasure? When you take without asking?

It's going against everything he knows and believes, but she's got him cornered, and she's not giving him room to protest as she kisses him again...

CUT BACK TO JACK'S CABIN...

Surreal_44
Ooooh, Ana and Will love. big grin I have some fun thoughts on what they could say to each other later...but I will post James/Lizzie first. Later.

katelovespirate
later as in now...?? smile

surfchikpir8fan
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OMG I LOVE THIS SCRIPT!!! WILLO, KATE AND SURREAL - YOU GUYS ARE ALL SO TALENTED!!!I CAN'T WAIT TO READ MORE!!! KEEP UP THIS FANTASTIC WORK BECAUSE IT'S SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!! THIS IS OUTSTANDING WORK!!! YOU ALL SHOULD WORK ALONG TED AND TERRY!!!

(P.S. - Sorry about the caps!)

katelovespirate
Alrighty Surreal, are you going to post the rest? I'm very anxious to see what happens! smile

katelovespirate

Chiki Mina
Im so bored...so what's the plot?

katelovespirate
eh, we're writing AWE with a planned Norribeth ending. Have you read it so far?

Chiki Mina
No I havent. All I know it's a Norribeth smile

So who is with who?--well nevermind, you don't have to answer that.

katelovespirate
read it, Chiki. I'd love to hear your opinion. i think it's pretty good. Willo and Surreal are just awesome.

We've been struggling with resolving things with Jack and Will, since this IS Norrington/Liz pairing. We've sort of thrown Will with Anamaria, not exactly in terms of love or romance, but just sort of friendship and attraction, as she helps him adjust to the world of piracy or whatnot.

But I just don't know what to do about Jack. I don't want to pull a typical disney "everyone gets someone" thing, but at the same time, Jack needs to get his story too. So if you have any suggestions there, do tell. smile

sailorleo
gah! get to the goods sistah! *shakes fist*

Chiki Mina
I definitely don't want Jack by himself. I really don't. I think all pirates should have the chance to love wink

I was thinking of a spaniard lady. I can't think much right now about her background and how they could meet. But, she could be like Elena from the mask of zorro lol.

katelovespirate
well yeah of course, but in the same vein, this IS the N/L fic, so we are putting most of our focus on that relationship (or trying anyways) hahaha.

katelovespirate
okay Surreal, I don't know how many more kooky plot twists I can stick in the middle of the cabin scene...

CUT TO Ragetti wandering around the deck of Will's ship. You'd think in the wake of the big attack, everyone would be a bit more careful, but Will and Anamaria are clearly occupied, and Tia's at the helm, and everyone else is drunk (hey, they're pirates).

Ragetti spies a chest on board that wasnt there before... he opens it, and guess what, its the same chest Teague gave to some random dude like 3 pages ago. There's a quick shot of the random dude in a long boat, rowing away and snickering.

Ragetti looks in the chest and is immediately intrigued by the glass eye. He looks at it, rubs it, then pops out his wooden eye and puts in his glass eye.

CUT TO Tia Dalma at the helm, humming the song from Davy's music box. She murmurs to herself...

Tia: Your ship be taken, your heart be in bondage. How now will ye sail across de sea to me? And who will be dar to rescue dem poor souls dat don't survive de crossing?

She looks up at the sky as lightning flashes, and smiles.

CUT TO...

The East India Trading Company's massive armada, leaving a port in Europe. Hundreds of ships, it seems, are making the journey under a stormy sky. It's quite a scary sight.

BACK to JACK's Cabin... big grin

Chiki Mina
I guess you guys could handle the N/L and I could handle Jack. I don't want to leave him out sad.

Well, willo was the one who started it so it's all up to her and you people I guess.

katelovespirate
yeah we'll see... if people ever get back... lol

willofthewisp
No, no, no! Nothing is completely up to me. Those who want to participate will participate, and those who just want to read will read. I hardly know where to start. Kate and Surreal have done so well. I really want that second part of the cabin scene.

CUT TO JACK'S SHIP

Swann: You! You there, Sparrow.

(Jack is leaving the helm and tries to turn around)

Swann: I'd like a moment.

Jack: And since you've had your life spared, I'd say you have quite a few moments.

Swann: Where is Elizabeth?

Jack: I did the gentlemanly thing and let the lady have the captain's quarters for the night (sees Swann's face) whilst I stay down with me rum.

Swann: Is there any port between here and where we're going?

Jack: Nothing out here but the wild, mate.

Swann: I want Elizabeth to be dropped somewhere safe. The rest of us can finish this thing through to the end, but she's been through enough.

Jack: Well, what say you to tossing her overboard?

Swann: You blaggard! I should toss you overboard for your insolence.

Teague: What be all this ruckus? Jack, does the governor want in on my business proposition?

Jack: See, to succeed in business, Teague, you must first tell other people what business that is. But you can tell your friend here. (tries to leave again)

Teague: Swann, you know the legal world pretty well. See, I figure, when our progyny get us all out of this fine mess, you, me, Boostrap over there, well, go into the market, as it were, sellling something, building something.

Swann: What was it you had in mind?

Teague: Don't rightly know. Boostrap's taken it upon himself to be the brains of the operation. You should go see him. Might be useful to know your future-in-laws.

Swann: Very well. (leaves)

Jack: Any bit of truth in that?

Teague: The whole truth! Boostrap and I are gettin' out of this pirate-in' business. But I need to talk to you specifically, and specifically alone.

Surreal_44
Eh, sorry. I got locked outside for three hours yesterday, and spent the rest of the day defrosting and puking up snot. embarrasment But I'm better now. big grin

Just a note, there isn't as much dialogue in this scene as there are actions. I hope you still like it. big grin

-----

JACK'S CABIN

*Scene cuts to Elizabeth. A few tears are streaming down her cheeks, but she isn't paying attention to them. She is watching James intently.*

*James seems to sense Elizabeth looking at him, and he glances over at her before straightening his shoulders and deliberately turning his back on her.*

James: *distantly, almost as an afterthought* You should rest, Miss Swann.

*Elizabeth gasps, and fresh tears flow down her cheeks, but she brushes them aside, and stands, obviously working to gather her courage. Slowly, she begins to walk towards James. She is half-way there when the floor squeaks.*

James: *voice taut with emotions* Don't, Elizabeth.

*Elizabeth does pause for a moment, but the use of her first name seems to give Elizabeth added courage to continue to close the gap between herself and James, however, and so she gets about two feet away from him.*

*James whirls around suddenly and grasps her by her shoulders. Elizabeth is startled but offers no resistance despite how forceful James' grasp is.*

James: What do you want from me, Elizabeth? What more can I possibly give you? You've already taken everything --

*James breaks off and looks away from Elizabeth for a moment, obviously struggling to control his emotions. When he looks back at Elizabeth's miserable face, he realizes how tightly he is gripping her shoulders. Very carefully, he loosens his clenched fingers and massages Elizabeth's skin.*

James: *softly* I didn't hurt you, did I?

Elizabeth: No, James. It wasn't anything I didn't deserve.

*James' green eyes widen slightly and he looks away, trying to gather his thoughts. Elizabeth thinks that James is about to walk away from her.*

*Desperate to make him understand, Elizabeth launches herself at him and inelegantly mashes her lips against his. Caught off-balance by Elizabeth and a convenient wave that makes the boat rock, James loses his balance and falls backwards, knocking his head into the wall, and then the floor. Elizabeth ends up on top of James.*

*James grunts as Elizabeth's elbow digs into his ribs as she tries to sit up. She slips though, and ends up sprawled on top of him again. Elizabeth looks horrified.

Elizabeth: James! Oh...are you...*James makes a sound that sounds suspiciously like a giggle.*

Elizabeth: You're laughing at me!

*James snorts, then wraps his arms around Elizabeth's waist as she tries to get up. He's rewarded with a knee in his side.*

James: *attempts to keep a straight face* I'd never laugh at you.

Elizabeth: Really? What do you call this then? *She pokes his side mercilessly.

James: A moan of pain?

*Their eyes meet, and their amusement fades slightly as they become more aware of the press of their bodies against each other. Elizabeth gently touches James' temple, which is already bruising. He winces slightly, but does not look away from her.*

Elizabeth: I'm sorry. I hurt you even when I'm trying not to. *She leans over and gently kisses the bruise.*

James: *softly* I didn't notice. *his breath catches*

James: Elizabeth --

Elizabeth: I can't give you any promises James. Not yet. I still have to sort a few things out.

*She looks down at him, and he searches her gaze. What he sees there seems to satisfy him, and he nods.*

James: No promises then, Elizabeth.

*James traces Elizabeth's cheek with his hand. Elizabeth sighs happily, leans down and gives him a lingering kiss on the lips.*

SCENE FADES OUT

----

Well, I hope it was worth the wait. big grin

sailorleo
oh it sure was smokin'

willofthewisp
Very good, surreal! I like the pace.

CUT TO DECK OF PEARL

Jack: Why alone?

Teague: Well, when I'd heard you'd died....listen, Jack. When someone goes through something that you did....shouldn't you be questioning your calling?

Jack: It seems you're already doing that for me.

Teague: You can't be a pirate forever. It's all going to come to an end, don't you see? These two kids you keep bothering...

Jack: Bothering. How regretful-sounding.

Teague: They have more future waiting for them than the rest of us. Now if you want to steal the girl from the boy and settle down that way, I'd be more than relieved of that...

Jack: I think you misunderstand why I sent her to my cabin. You assume she's alone.

Teague: The Officer? (sees Jack nod) Well then. Scratch that plan. But please. I'm saying please now. Find a job, find a woman, and put this all to an end.

Jack: Why?

Teague: Jack. (deathly serious) There's more to all of this you need to know.

Jack (pulls pistol on him): I'm captaining a misfit crew to see the awful Scylla herself and you haven't told me everything I need to know by now? I'd shoot you if I didn't have to know it.

Teague: Something's wrong. It's about the question we'll have to ask.

CUT TO WILL'S SHIP

(Will starts to take more control while Anamaria is still seducing him. He frees himself from her grasp and fingers through her hair. He begins to kiss her jawline, moving down to her neck. Shaking, but still in control, he lifts her shirt but pulls away. More than a little breathless, they stare at each other before Will straightens himself out and leaves to go take over the helm.)

willofthewisp
Yeah, guys, we left something out. I was stupid and had it where Barbossa and Jack are the only ones that know the question (possibly answer) to a question Scylla will ask them when they get there. Thing is, one of you needs to think of that and how it involves Teague. The romance thing is going great, but if we don't get them to where they need to be going, the story's going to get a little stagnant and no one's going to grow.

I love how Liz is maturing, mostly thanks to Surreal, but everyone's doing so well.

I've been thinking about what to do with Jack like what you were talking about earlier, Kate. I don't know if I like the idea of him already being married. Kind of makes him a negligent husband unless he thought she was dead or something, especially all those steamy DMC scenes. It's come to my attention that Kate's invented a lover for Barbossa, so I guess we could have Jack steal her if we wanted. I haven't decided if I want Barbossa to stay evil or not.......

katelovespirate
Willo, I'm so glad you're back. How did the move go?

As usual, I am lost in the story. Can you give me a run-down on who Scylla is and what the plan is there? This is at the cove, I'm assuming.

Yeah, no Jack marriage, I really tried to think how that could work, and I can't figure it. It just seems wierd. Plus, I dont know about you guys, But I would be okay with leaving Jack alone for this one, with the intention to find someone and settle down. Since this is the n/l fic, I dont think its entirely necessary to throw together a random romance for Jack. What do you guys think?

Everything else is going great, I'm really enjoying it. smile

katelovespirate
Ps. Surreal, definately worth the wait. it was perfect. smile

katelovespirate
just re-reading everything, i thought it was going to be a lot harder to break will and elizabeth up and have them move on in a decent manner, but it seems to be going perfectly. nothing seems rushed, even though when you think about it, they are moving on rather quickly. funny how its all working out. hahaha.

willofthewisp
Okay, here is a summary of what we've done so far.

Everyone's gone to Singapore and Jack is rescued. I think everyone's clear on that. Calypso has told the pirates she plans to go into her true form and defeat Beckett. Jack and Co. came across a book of all the pirates' names to give them the location of the meeting place where all the pirates will meet. This is taking them to the Cove. However, there is a problem, Scylla, of The Odyssey fame, guards Fiji, which the Cove is in and cannot be reached by trekking on land. Scylla is a huge sea monster. For a description, see wikipedia.org. She asks every ship a question and if they get it right, she lets them go by. If they get it wrong, she eats them, ravaging the ship, etc. Barbossa and Jack seem to know what the question is, but Teague has just come up to Jack and told him that he doesn't know the whole story. Please, someone fill in the details. We completely left that part out.

katelovespirate
OKAY... good stuff. I'm feeling sappy, unfortunately. I'm going to play on the notion that Jack and Teague finish their conversation but the audience doesnt get to see it, and will have to wait till Scylla shows up to find out what the "whole story" is...

CUT TO... Will standing at the helm in the still before dawn. He looks strangely happy... almost giddy, and the fierce light of adventure is in his eye. He looks more pirate-like than ever. Tia comes up behind him.

Tia: There's a new air about ye, Turner. Somethin different in yer eyes.

Will: (torn between guilt, fear, and excitement) The world keeps on changing. I had no idea... (pauses) is life always like this?

Tia: (laughing) I wonder why ye would ask me.

She slips away as Anamaria approaches.

Anamaria: You didn't have to leave, you know.

Will: I was afraid... more of myself than anything, I think.

Anamaria smiles and puts her hand over his on the helm.

Anamaria: Don't be afraid, Will. (she gazes out over the ocean) This is an hour of peril and decision. The fate of so many hang in the balance.

Will: (softly) I like the way freedom tastes...

They look at each other, as the sun suddenly sweeps up over the horizon, casting a golden glow on the ocean and their faces. Ahead of them is the Pearl, and beyond that, now fully visible, is Shipwreck Cove. Will and Anamaria catch their breath as the sunlight spills over the mythic place...

Cut to Jack's ship, where Elizabeth emerges from Jack's cabin just in time to see the sunrise over the cove as well.

Jack: Quite a sight, eh love?

Elizabeth: (grinning) I was going to say it leaves you speechless, but apparantly that isn't the case.

Jack: And where be the commodore?

Elizabeth: (coyly) Sleeping. And you needn't worry about what happened, either, Captain, because it was mostly nothing.

Jack: (raising his eyebrows) Are you telling me I gave up my nice cozy bed and nothing happened?

Elizabeth: I said Mostly. Things aren't always as easy as you make them out to be, Jack.

Jack: When do I ever make things out to be easy? (he draws a hand through her hair) You know what I said to meself after I first me you?

Elizabeth: What?

Jack: I said to meself, she's going to best you at your own game one day Sparrow, and out-legend you in the process.

Elizabeth: (laughing) What do you mean, out-legend?

Jack: Exactly what it sounds like. Your turning into a pirate lord, and soon stories about old Jack will fade and the kiddies will want instead to hear stories the fearsome Captain Lizzie and her heart-snatching ways.

They both laugh.

Elizabeth: I suppose in return I ought to tell you what I said to myself the first time I met you.

Jack: Go on, then.

Elizabeth: I said to myself, 'Now there's no use in trying to lead a nice quiet life.'

A pause. Elizabeth stands on her tip toes to kiss Jack's cheek, and then says sincerely,

Elizabeth: Thank you Jack. For everything.

Jack: Hmm... Old Jack is speechless, it seems. I suppose your kisses still set me on edge. (looks down at his wrists and makes sure they are both still free, and they both smile) And whatever happens, I'll do my best to make sure such a tragedy as a quiet life never befalls you, even if I have to lock you up with the brave commodore every night from now on.

They grin, but suddenly Teague comes racing up in extreme (and somewhat humorous) agitation.

Teague: Jack! No time for all this talk, we have to get ready! The cove is in sight... and you know what that means...

Elizabeth: (rolling her eyes) You're worse than Gibbs!

Jack: (explaining hurridly) Well, we can't exactly GO to the cove until we get past...

Suddenly, Scylla rises out of the water with extreme fanfair and drama. She is the form of her originaly nymph self, with a split mermaid tail and four arms and very jagged teeth. Her voice is like the sound of rushing waters.

Jack: (shrinking back a bit)... without getting past that.

DRAMATIC MUSIC...

I'm afraid someone else will have to do the questioning bit... wink i never was very good at riddles or that kind of thing... sorry...

surfchikpir8fan
WOW!!! This story is fantastic, you three writers are so talented!!! I can't wait to read what you write next!!!

ivebeendepped43
aw!@i luv it! especially the cabin scene! write more!

katelovespirate
CUT TO... Beckett and Jones, in Beckett's old ship.

Beckett: Well that was rather a wash out. Lost Swann, lost the dutchman, lost the goddess and we've nothing left but you and the heart.

Jones: What do you want with me now? As you said, my ship is gone.

Beckett: Perhaps your forgetting Jones, that I was raised on stories of the legendary captain of the flying dutchman. Do you really think I don't know your... other talents, so to speak?

Jones: (still resisting) What other talents?

Beckett: Let me tell you a story, Jones. Once upon a time, a young man worked for me, a very idealistic young man. Well he turned out all wrong but he told me something that I've always remembered. He told me that you were the only creature alive with the power to kill a goddess.

Jones: How would he know something like that?

Beckett: Well, from what I hear, Tia Dalma once had feelings for Jack Sparrow...

Jones glowers, but says nothing as Beckett smiles sadistically.

Beckett: My army will be here within days. We'll easily overcome that ragged band of outcasts. But they will, I'm afraid, have a newly unleashed goddess on their side, and that's where you come in....

surfchikpir8fan
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the suspense! That is Beckett's character smack down! I like Beckett's character because he is the real villian I believe!

Surreal_44
^^ Beckett is sexy.

I'm working on the riddle, if you guys don't mind. I promise I will not take a year and a day to post it up. big grin Oh, does someone want to get James up? big grin

Don't forget about his headache. *ggg* He's got a big 'ol bruise on his forehead. big grin

willofthewisp
CUT TO THE PEARL

(Everyone is coming on deck)

Gibbs: Hope the old first mate's not thinkin' of double crossin' anyone. (glares at Barbossa)

Boostrap: That's not our only worry. (sees no one stepping up) Fine then. Hello!

Scylla: (something like a mouth opens) Is that the sound of a ship approaching?

Bootstrap: Well, I've done my part. Your turn, Jack.

Jack: Good morning! You look pleasant, downright enchanting by the look of things.

Barbossa: Tryin' to get us killed, are ye?

Scylla: Pleasantries get men no where, Jack Sparrow. What is your wish?

Jack: Is that the riddle?

Scylla: No.

Jack: Damn. We wish to get into Shipwreck Cove.

Norrington: You'd better know what to do, Sparrow.

(Jack looks over Teague. They seem to know something)

Barbossa: Think carefully who you would choose to answer the riddle, Jack.

Jack: Can we just go?

Scylla: I never was, am always to be,
None ever saw me, nor ever will,
And yet I am the confidence of all
Who live and breathe on this terrestrial ball.

Answer correctly, in you may go.
Choose not to answer, and simply sail away.
Answer incorrectly.....

Jack: I can imagine.

Scylla: Who of your crew, captain, shall you have answer?

(Jack turns around. He eyes Barbossa and Teague. They seem to urge him to pick them)

Jack: I choose James Norrington.

Norrington: What?

Barbossa: What?

(Jack pushes Norrington up)

Jack: It's simple, mate. Just answer the question.

Norrington: But why didn't you....

Jack: (whispers to him) You don't want to know the consequence of getting the answer right.

Norrington: Then why the bloody hell did you pick me?

Jack: (whispering still) Whoever the captain chooses to answer the question becomes the captain until they leave Shipwreck Cove. Savvy?

Norrington: And why me?

Jack: The two of them, meh, both seem like stupid decisions. It was a toss up between you and Lizzie, and let's face it, it does more for you to impress her than her to impress you.

Norrington: You did this for ROMANTIC reasons?!

Jack: Pretty much.

Scylla: What do you decide, James Norrington?

Liz: Be careful, James. We can always sail away and try to find the answer.

Teague: Mistakes, mistakes.

Norrington: Could you repeat it please?

Scylla: I never was, am always to be,
None ever saw me, nor ever will,
And yet I am the confidence of all
Who live and breathe on this terrestrial ball.

(Norrington closes his eyes and thinks)

Liz: Why did Jack choose James?

Gibbs: Because he's smart.

Barbossa: Because he's a fool.

Teague: You're both wrong. It's because the boy's daft.

Liz: I would trust him if I were you.

Swann: Easier said than done, my dear. We have to see if Norrington knows the answer.

Gibbs: If he don't, we'd better start preparing a longboat.

Bootstrap: Or last rights. I only hope Will will know the answer.

Liz: Will.

(Norrington opens his eyes)
Norrington: The answer is "tomorrow."

Scylla: You have answered correctly. Prepare to captain your ship in Shipwreck Cove.

Jack: Excellent.

Barbossa: Idiot! (draws sword on him) You can't have an officer captain a crew of pirates!

(Norrington and Jack draw their swords.)

Gibbs: I'd put it away, Barbossa. (has gun aimed at him)

Barbossa: Where the devil did you get that?

Gibbs: Doesn't matter. Not so much an oaf him what's got a gun, eh?

Teague: (draws sword) You won't get anywhere by all threatening each other. (Pulls Liz in to him, puts sword across her) Now, everyone put your weapons down, or we'll have one less crew member.

(Liz jabs him and whips out her sword)

Liz: You'll regret that one, Teague Sparrow.

Swann: (picks up metal hammer on the deck) I may not have a sword, but this will kill any man that comes near me or her.

(Bootstrap just shakes his head at this mess)

Barbossa: Have at thee then!

Boostrap: Oh.....what the hell? (gets out sword. A huge sword battle takes place on the Pearl. Nearly everyone is fighting each other)

CUT TO WILL'S SHIP

(Anamaria is looking through her spyglass)

Pintel: We're approaching Shipwreck Cove, Turner.

Will: Thank you. I don't know what lies ahead there, so be ready for anything.

Ragetti: Anything's the worse kind of something.

Pintel: Unless it's everything.

Ragetti: Everything can sometimes be good.

(Will ignores them)

Will: What are you looking at?

Anamaria: I'm not entirely sure. Look over at what's on the Black Pearl there. (hands him spyglass) I think they're fighting.

willofthewisp
yeah, if you guys want Will and Co. to answer a different riddle, go to
http://www.enigmagraphics.com/riddles/index.htm. It will also give you the answers. I'm not much of a riddler. What I was thinking is that Barbossa wanted Jack to choose him so he could just be the captain of a ship again and Teague wanted it to use the Pearl for some side-mission involving some kind of web of intrigue. That's really more of a Kate thing. I like where this is going!

katelovespirate
arg im on the phone and i cant multi-task hold on i'll read it and freak out in a minute

Surreal_44
Ok, I have one for Will's ship...or does someone else want to write it? big grin

willofthewisp
I'm going to bed. You ladies take over. I think I gave you a lot to work with.

katelovespirate
holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW i may FREAK OUT!!!

Willofthewisp, I really truly mean that when I say that was your best bit yet. Really, really awesome. I LOVED it. I could imagine it all happening... it was so great. smile wow.

you know how your cheeks get sore when you smile for a long time? I always feel that way when I get on this thread because it's always so good and I am always out of words to cheer you people on, you're just awesome.

Wow. It just seemed sooooo much to go with the flow of the films--- them all finding themselves in these completely ridiculous situations--- AH! Love it.

willofthewisp
Thanks! I had fun writing it.

STILL ON WILL'S SHIP

Will: Fighting? (looks through spyglass) Pirates.

Anamaria: We'll be coming up on Scylla soon. Rumor has it we answer a question.

Will: Can you handle those two down there by yourself for a while?

Anamaria: Single-handedly. Why?

Will: I need to go over there and talk some sense into them. (prepares a longboat) I should be back in time to help with the question. I think together we could find an answer to whatever it may be.

Anamaria: Right. (considers kissing him) Don't get poked and prodded too much over there.

(Will starts rowing towards the Pearl)

CUT TO PEARL

(Norrington rolls away out of his fight and grabs Gibbs' pistol. He fires up into the air and for at least the time being, the action has halted.)

Norrington: Now that everyone's gotten that out of their system, we can continue to Shipwreck Cove. Or did everyone forget that's what we were supposed to be doing?

(Everyone slowly puts weapons away)

Norrington: Good. I didn't even have to ask you to do that. Sparrow, you're up here with me. Everyone else, back to work.

(Jack comes up to him)

Jack: That's exactly how I would have handled it.

Norrington: Shut up. I never asked to be the captain of your ship. I'm used to people that can take orders, who have some form of discipline.

Jack: That's me crew you're talking about, Norrie. All you have to worry about is Barbossa and the older, less attractive Sparrow on this ship.

Norrington: Why couldn't you have just dropped him back off with your mother?

(Jack says nothing)

Norrington: Well, they're here, so best make due. What are we expecting when we get up here?

Jack: Pirates and more pirates. Everyone should be coming with Calypso not far behind. In all fairness, mate, your main jobs are to make sure we all get there alive and leave there alive.

Norrington: Wonderful.

CUT TO WILL

(Will is coming close to the Pearl. He is not yet to Scylla but can see the Pearl in plain sight.)

VOICE: Not so fast, Turner!

(Will looks up. The Flying Dutchman has appeared from nowhere with Beckett yelling down at him)

Beckett: It would amaze you to know how fast we could demolish that little boat of yours.

(Will says nothing but slyly takes his knife from his belt and sneaks it up his sleeve)

Beckett: You have no choice but to surrender and show us the way to Pirates Cove.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>