The Shroud vs Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alfheim
The Shroud

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Shroud

Powers
Ability to create apertures into the Darkforce Dimension to project Darkforce in a gaseous form which he can manipulate. The Darkforce negates all light sources in the area, and the Shroud can manipulate the source into basic shadows and shapes to serve as decoys. Mystical extrasensory perception replacing his eye sight) that allows him to "see" through walls and through his own darkness.
Abilities
The Shroud is an expert hand-to-hand martial artist and adept at infiltration.
Weapons
Explosive "bombarangs"
Paraphernalia
None

http://home.flash.net/~jeanneb/s.html

Shroud

First appearance: Super-Villain Team-Up 7

Powers: The Shroud has advanced extra-sensory abilities that allow him to perceive his environment with more accuracy than a sighted person. He can anticipate the movements of others. He controls a mystical "darkness" that he uses to envelop his enemies and which he can form into shadowy shapes.

The Shroud vs Daredevil, the fight take place on some rooftop in hells kitchen.

guy222
Originally posted by Alfheim
The Shroud

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Shroud

Powers
Ability to create apertures into the Darkforce Dimension to project Darkforce in a gaseous form which he can manipulate. The Darkforce negates all light sources in the area, and the Shroud can manipulate the source into basic shadows and shapes to serve as decoys. Mystical extrasensory perception replacing his eye sight) that allows him to "see" through walls and through his own darkness.
Abilities
The Shroud is an expert hand-to-hand martial artist and adept at infiltration.
Weapons
Explosive "bombarangs"
Paraphernalia
None

http://home.flash.net/~jeanneb/s.html

Shroud

First appearance: Super-Villain Team-Up 7

Powers: The Shroud has advanced extra-sensory abilities that allow him to perceive his environment with more accuracy than a sighted person. He can anticipate the movements of others. He controls a mystical "darkness" that he uses to envelop his enemies and which he can form into shadowy shapes.

The Shroud vs Daredevil, the fight take place on some rooftop in hells kitchen.

shroud

LordFear
Shroud murders him big time. DD knows the layout of the place but to no avail

marvelprince
Daredevil. He's a better fighter, more agile and Shroud's powers will do absolutely jack against Matt's radar senses

Alfheim
Originally posted by marvelprince
Daredevil. He's a better fighter, more agile and Shroud's powers will do absolutely jack against Matt's radar senses

Yeah your probably right. laughing out loud This thread kinda sux.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by marvelprince

It's looking that way to me, too.

Questioneer
LordFear, finally another Shroud fan.

Yes, the Shroud takes this one.

So what isn't recognized here is that not only is the inky darkness, that the shroud emits, the absense of light but in CA #330 it also says is relatively sound proof too. So Shroud coats his body and DD is defeated.

Even without the DF, Shroud is still a better fighter. Solo Avengers #3, Moon Knight admits Shroud is a better martial artist.

Now, speaking of the Man without Fear, the Shroud's first battle pitted him against Dr. Doom and the Red Skull by his own accord. Tell me Murdock would go and do that.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Questioneer
LordFear, finally another Shroud fan.

Yes, the Shroud takes this one.

So what isn't recognized here is that not only is the inky darkness, that the shroud emits, the absense of light but in CA #330 it also says is relatively sound proof too. So Shroud coats his body and DD is defeated.

Even without the DF, Shroud is still a better fighter. Solo Avengers #3, Moon Knight admits Shroud is a better martial artist.

Now, speaking of the Man without Fear, the Shroud's first battle pitted him against Dr. Doom and the Red Skull by his own accord. Tell me Murdock would go and do that.

You smacked it. Shroud wins. Actually im a shroud fan too but ive only seen him in Captain America and I had a ocuple of issues of his mini-series.

Buccaneer
Ohhhh, the Shroud.......

Dardevil would beat his ass.

Questioneer
There's nowhere (except far away) that Daredevil could go to evade the shroud. Stealth doesn't work on him. He has complete perception of his surroundings w/in 100 feet and more limited beyond that.

That's it, I'm changing my name to Shroud8888

Buccaneer
I'm not thinking of evasion. I'm thinking of Daredevil vs. the incompotent I saw in Cap's book.

Questioneer
I think you've mistaken him for Captain America himself :-P

Buccaneer
No, I'm positive the goof that chickened out of getting in the path of a doped out woman was Shroud. With his Night Shift.

DD may be at the lowest rung, but this guy was made to be one of his punching bags. A guy who'd definitely underestimate Matt.

Questioneer
Having read all of Shroud, he's

a) Hardly a chicken (read Super Villain Team-Up or anything else) as he did save the whole Earth.

b) Hardly an under estimator in that regard as well.

c) Designed by Steven Englehart, the man himself. (not important to the subject, but still awesome. (Not just sharted out by Mark Millar or somebody)

Questioneer
Well, I suggest the shroud fans should read CA #330-331

But having just re-read it, he is actually acting the opposite of incompetent.
-leading whole team including Cap into secret estate to save his friend
-honourable actions concerning treating those experiment victims + bringing down crime on west coast from the inside

In terms of the chickening out part...let me give the play by play:

"Ms. Marvel" who apparently is just strung out from being experimented on was panicking and went berserk. He states he didn't want have to use force and based on his appearance, it was a situation more suited to Cap's aura anyways.

There is not shred of "chickening out" by Shroud in that whole story/or any of them. Cap's got tons of respect for him and let me re-iterate taking on Dr. Doom/Red Skull for bravery.

So, in conclusion, the only thing "incompetent" here is:

a) Your perception of that story and the Shroud in general

and

b) Your ability to spell

Buccaneer
Way to insult me an hour after your actual rebuttal. Because I'm a monster that mistakes a word by a letter.

You going back to read couldn't result in me thinking the Shroud any less of a background goon, despite being somewhat powerful and a leader, or me thinking that DD wouldn't beat him. Anything insulting point you try to make from here would honestly and obviously be in vain.

LordFear
Listen what about when he infiltrated the West Coast Avenger's mansion and gave everybody a run for their money including IronMan until WONderMan came in like a maniac and caught him off guard?

jrodslam
Daredevil.

Questioneer
Lol? Way to take a joke.

At least you admitted he's powerful and a leader :-P

If you're gonna dish it out, be prepared to take it :-P

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.