Silver Surfer/Captain Universe runs a short gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
How far does he go?

1.Thanos
2.Zeus
3.Odin
4.Depowered Tyrant
5.Surtur & Mangog
6.Galactus/Starting to get hungry

thtadthtshldntb
The Gauntlet ends about 10 seconds after he meets Thanos.

golem370
Not likely Silver Surfer would be 50x stronger and would increase Silver Surfer powers

golem370
Captain Universe- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Universe

golem370
I like Thanos but he wouldn't last long in this thread

Soljer
No WAY does Thanos beat a fifty times amped Surfer.

Though I don't think even fifty times a herald is above skyfather - Zeus or Odin could still put him down hard.

Supreme being
Originally posted by Soljer
No WAY does Thanos beat a fifty times amped Surfer.

Though I don't think even fifty times a herald is above skyfather - Zeus or Odin could still put him down hard.

Well theres the average herald and then theres Surfer.

Ouallada
Is depowered Tyrant really above Skyfather? FP Tyrant is obviously so, but I would place the depowered one at Skyfather level, which would mean that Odin and DP Tyrant should switch.

Either way, CU surfer gets past 1 easily, and 2 with minor trouble. He should take a slight majority against DP Tyrant, but Odin would stop him.

Soljer
Depowered Tyrant is NOT above Skyfather-level. He isn't even ON Skyfather level.

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by Soljer
Depowered Tyrant is NOT above Skyfather-level. He isn't even ON Skyfather level.
He pretty much is, the only reason Thanos could take him on is because he used one of Tyrant's enchantments on himself.
And he pnked Silver Surfer, Jack of Hearts and some other cosmic's like they were nothing.

Ouallada
I agree that DP Tyrant was a skyfather, and not under skyfather, though probably mid skyfather. From what we have seen of him, he pretty much smacked several herald level beings around with consumate ease, indicating how far he is above herald level.

Using Thanos as a measuring stick, if Odin is THE skyfather and could not put Thanos down, DP Tyrant's failure to put Thanos down does not make Tyrant any weaker. If anything, Thanos suffered even more in the Tyrant fight.

golem370
I say he atleast gets to Surtur & Mangog

Soljer
There isn't much evidence that Thanos used Morg's power to actually amp his strength and durability - it seemed like he used it in the form of blasts against Tyrant.

Also, Tyrant is no where NEAR the likes of Zeus and Odin - true skyfathers who can shake the multiverse and rewrite time.

Lastly, just because you are above herald level does NOT make you skyfather. There is such a power gap between herald and skyfather that it isn't even funny. Taking one herald doesn't make you a skyfather. Taking three doesn't.

Hell, look how casually Odin knocked out the Surfer! There is no reason to believe that he couldn't take ten Surfers. Twenty. Even just using 'straight up' blasting - not even resorting to more exotic techniques that he could boast.

Ouallada
No, being above herald does not make you a skyfather. However, it is reasonably safe to assume that Tyrant is far above herald level as well, seeing how easily he dispatched the group of herald level beings. Would Thanos, who is either low skyfather or just under skyfather himself, have done better against the same group? I am not sure.

Odin cannot be the definition of a skyfather. He is THE skyfather. If skyfathers were all measured against what Zeus and Odin could do, we would only have skyfathers from an exclusive list of two.

Yes, I can see how Odin knocked the surfer out. Thanos has been known to casually beat the daylights out of surfer as well. That comparison does not lower Odin's power in any way, and neither should that feat knock on Tyrant's, because surfer has little chance of lasting more than a couple panels with him either.

My stance is still that DP Tyrant is a skyfather level being. Not anywhere near Odin or Zeus, but still up there.

guy222
Originally posted by golem370
How far does he go?

1.Thanos
2.Zeus
3.Odin
4.Depowered Tyrant
5.Surtur & Mangog
6.Galactus/Starting to get hungry

Doesn't get past Thanos

Thanos killed and remade SS before

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.