Superman vs Sentry(No end until death)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supreme being
Sentry is transported to DC where he finds out that there is a hero similar to him and that the DC universe considers this Hero greater and far more Noble. So Sentry sets out to punish this hero and those close to him he kills Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Ma Kent, Perry White, Pete Ross, Lana Lang and then decides to obliterate Metropolis. During the Sentrys mad rampage Superman's is of world and so are other Heroes and magical Deity's and gods everyones busy fighting a universal war Started by the Universal Alliance consisting of darksied and other villains. Upon his return to earth Superman expecting a heroes welcome home is greeted to the news that his beloved Lois Lane has been slayed and that his mother and friends are no more and that Metropolis is nothing but rubble. He looks down and tears drop from his eyes he squeezes his hands and looks up with his eyes red full of anger he takes of to meet this dastardly foe. Alas he finally finds the Sentry and they both proceed to kill the other no playing around no talking to end this civilly this is a fight where someone has to die.

The Man os steel VS The Golden Guardian.

Superboy Prime
That would be a severely pissed off Supes...I wouldn't want to be Sentry.

MattDay
sentry may lose, considering what superman has pushed himself to do on events no where near as "bad" as that... well except from saving the universe of course lol

Supreme being
Ok to even things out a bit Sentrys told by an unknown source that Supermans responsible for the death of Lindy and not him. So both are uber pissed who wins?

grey fox
Sentry (seems) to be able to manipulate some kind of golden energy which I'd haphazard to guess is either light or some kind of solar energy. If I'm right then Supes get' drained dry and torn to shreds.

Superboy Prime
Quick question out of curiosity

How fast is Sentry for real?

Juntai
Supes.

MattDay
i think he cant pull light out of superman because it isnt light when its inside superman, a change of energies so superman can use it for his powerset, if he even blasted superman with solar energy is that really what he'd want to do?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by grey fox
Sentry (seems) to be able to manipulate some kind of golden energy which I'd haphazard to guess is either light or some kind of solar energy. If I'm right then Supes get' drained dry and torn to shreds. Sentry is powered by solar energy as well. Supes could drain him just as easily.

And actually Supes has drawn power from other sources also.

grey fox
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Sentry is powered by solar energy as well. Supes could drain him just as easily.

And actually Supes has drawn power from other sources also.

Problem is Sentry doesn't exude that power , and Supes isn't a EM so he can't suck it out of Snetry either.

snoopdogg
Problem is Sentry doesn't exude that power , and Supes isn't a EM so he can't suck it out of Snetry either. Sentry has been rendered powerless due to lack of solar energy in his mini recently. If Supes can be drained I don't see why Sentry cannot. Superman has absorbed locked sources before.

Supreme being
You guys also have to bear in mind that this is to the death.

xmeat
no sentry powerd by a potion he takes.

Doctor S.T.D.
Sentry (seems) to be able to manipulate some kind of golden energy which I'd haphazard to guess is either light or some kind of solar energy. If I'm right then Supes get' drained dry and torn to shreds.

There hasn't been any evidence on panel to suggest that Sentry can do this. Although his cells do absorb sunlight, there is no evidence to suggest he can consciously do this from other sources. Superman on the other hand has prov-en he otherwise, as shown during World War Three when he absorbed the entire anti sun. Mate plus Solar energy and sunlight are the same thing.

bigbran
OK, how about this:

Sentry isn't draining Supes.
Supes isn't draining Sentry.

Until Sentry shows more, he gets his ass handed to him.

Doctor S.T.D.
Originally posted by bigbran
OK, how about this:

Sentry isn't draining Supes.
Supes isn't draining Sentry.

Until Sentry shows more, he gets his ass handed to him.

Agreed. smile

guy222
Originally posted by Supreme being
Sentry is transported to DC where he finds out that there is a hero similar to him and that the DC universe considers this Hero greater and far more Noble. So Sentry sets out to punish this hero and those close to him he kills Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Ma Kent, Perry White, Pete Ross, Lana Lang and then decides to obliterate Metropolis. During the Sentrys mad rampage Superman's is of world and so are other Heroes and magical Deity's and gods everyones busy fighting a universal war Started by the Universal Alliance consisting of darksied and other villains. Upon his return to earth Superman expecting a heroes welcome home is greeted to the news that his beloved Lois Lane has been slayed and that his mother and friends are no more and that Metropolis is nothing but rubble. He looks down and tears drop from his eyes he squeezes his hands and looks up with his eyes red full of anger he takes of to meet this dastardly foe. Alas he finally finds the Sentry and they both proceed to kill the other no playing around no talking to end this civilly this is a fight where someone has to die.

The Man os steel VS The Golden Guardian.

Supes

Redatom65
poor mustard man's about to turn red

TricksterPriest
Hold up. what about the Void? What happens if Sentry lets his dark side out? I don't know if Supes can beat that thing.

bigbran
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Hold up. what about the Void? What happens if Sentry lets his dark side out? I don't know if Supes can beat that thing. And why is he going to do that? There is no help in this battle.

TricksterPriest
They're the same person, it's not help, it's just a different part of him. And he has controlled the power of the void before without transforming into it.

bigbran
They're the same person, it's not help, it's just a different part of him. And he has controlled the power of the void before without transforming into it. So why was Sentry fighting Void?

TricksterPriest
90% of the time they fight, but they teamed up once when someone stole their powers. Sentry took control of the void side of his powers and regained them.

bigbran
90% of the time they fight, but they teamed up once when someone stole their powers. Sentry took control of the void side of his powers and regained them. Ya, and wouldn't it be two seperate people fighting Superman, is my next point?

TricksterPriest
The Void is a separate personality most of the time, but the powers are still technically part of the sentry. Let's just ask Supreme Being. Hey dude, does Sentry get the void powers or not?

bigbran
The Void is a separate personality most of the time, but the powers are still technically part of the sentry. Let's just ask Supreme Being. Hey dude, does Sentry get the void powers or not? So, Sentry has all of the power of Void at his disposal along with his own?
He sure as hell, STILL hasn't shown to be over Superman, even with those powers.

This is also Sentry vs Superman, not Sentry, and Void vs Superman.

As in your first post:Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Hold up. what about the Void? What happens if Sentry lets his dark side out? I don't know if Supes can beat that thing. You said what happens if he lets his dark side out?

Which would be help, really if you think about it.

Supreme being
The Void is a separate personality most of the time, but the powers are still technically part of the sentry. Let's just ask Supreme Being. Hey dude, does Sentry get the void powers or not?

Nope the Void has no part in this.

db_renji
Superman bloodlusted? Not even a fight. Let Sentry have his little punk ass Void. Supes kills both of them and probably instantly or or slowly. Bloodlusted Supes shrugs off pain like it didn't even happen, thats if Sentry can even do any in the first place. Supes not holding back is serious business. If he doesn't kill Sentry then he puts Sentry on the Source wall or in the Phantom Zone.

If Supes is this bloodlusted than Sentry doesn't even stand a chance.

TricksterPriest
Ok, thanks. I'm going with Supes, since Sentry is too much of a ? when it comes to his powers.

Supreme being
Ok, thanks. I'm going with Supes, since Sentry is too much of a ? when it comes to his powers.

Dont take my next statement as a dig at you but i hate the fact that people always bring "the oh sentrys powers are unknown" card to the table. The guys been around since 2002 for crying out loud i think we have a good idea of what his capable of.

TricksterPriest
Compared to Superman? Puh-leeze. We have never seen the upper limits of the Sentry and seen him up against someone who pushed him to his limits.

Supreme being
Compared to Superman? Puh-leeze. We have never seen the upper limits of the Sentry and seen him up against someone who pushed him to his limits.

Puh-leeze read my post again i was talking about powers and not about his upper strength limit.

Supreme being
Clark VS Robert

LordFear
So let me get this straight a pissed off Supes is invicinble now? He just shrugs off pain? Hahahahah. What a joke Supes has become. Here is a company's desperate attempt to have their flagship character rack' em the dough from fanatics.
He wasn't that invincible when Doomsbay murdered his blue and red flamboyant ass.

db_renji
Originally posted by LordFear
So let me get this straight a pissed off Supes is invicinble now? He just shrugs off pain? Hahahahah. What a joke Supes has become. Here is a company's desperate attempt to have their flagship character rack' em the dough from fanatics.
He wasn't that invincible when Doomsbay murdered his blue and red flamboyant ass.

Point taken, but Doomsday didn't kill Lois and all Supes close friends, now did he, which are the perimeters of this fight, there are varying degrees to anger. As for the part about pain, Doomsday could hurt Supes b/c he too was from Krypton too. If it was just regular hits, Supes would have healed all his wounds. Sentry however doesn't have this advantage, while he well without question get in his hits, it wont be enough to keep him down for more than a couple seconds, just feeding into his anger more (think Hulk).

As for my shrug off pain statement, it isn't to be taken literally. It was a slight exaggeration to prove a point. But, like I said Supes might be feeling it in the mourning, but he is going to be too high off adrenaline to care. (again think Hulk).

LordFear
Originally posted by db_renji
Point taken, but Doomsday didn't kill Lois and all Supes close friends, now did he, which are the perimeters of this fight, there are varying degrees to anger. As for the part about pain, Doomsday could hurt Supes b/c he too was from Krypton too. If it was just regular hits, Supes would have healed all his wounds. Sentry however doesn't have this advantage, while he well without question get in his hits, it wont be enough to keep him down for more than a couple seconds, just feeding into his anger more (think Hulk).

As for my shrug off pain statement, it isn't to be taken literally. It was a slight exaggeration to prove a point. But, like I said Supes might be feeling it in the mourning, but he is going to be too high off adrenaline to care. (again think Hulk).

You know its funny on this board how people use "logic" whenever they feel like it and dismiss it when it doesn't back up their opinion.
This is not targeted to you directly I am referring to a previous thread where the scenario was Savage Hulk against Heman. I presented the same argument. The scenario was that Hulk was under the impression that Betty was being tortured and held captive at Greyskull Castle and so Heman intervened. I said the said thing above about how Hulk will prevail because Hulk will go completely insane thinking Betty is in danger but half of the posters in there were telling me how that didn't matter. Its funny is all. I know I digressed but just felt like venting cuz I just left the forum in disgust that day.

db_renji
You know its funny on this board how people use "logic" whenever they feel like it and dismiss it when it doesn't back up their opinion.
This is not targeted to you directly I am referring to a previous thread where the scenario was Savage Hulk against Heman. I presented the same argument. The scenario was that Hulk was under the impression that Betty was being tortured and held captive at Greyskull Castle and so Heman intervened. I said the said thing above about how Hulk will prevail because Hulk will go completely insane thinking Betty is in danger but half of the posters in there were telling me how that didn't matter. Its funny is all. I know I digressed but just felt like venting cuz I just left the forum in disgust that day.

Thats unfortunate. I feel your pain. A lot of people fail to realize that the will to protect loved ones is a very strong motivating factor. Kinda like that "x-factor" that could put them over the top and make all the difference. Don't be discouraged, there still are those of us who believe in logic, and not just when it supports our own opinion. wink

TricksterPriest
the problem with your using the point in the He-man vs. Hulk thread, is that He-man's sword of power is a super plot device, almost as bad as T-Vo. In a straight fight, Hulk would definitely beat He-man, but He-man doesn't have to beat Hulk with power, he has his sword and crazy powerful magic. Though, if we're allowing T-Vo, this thread is garbage. They need to retcon and burn that PIS-riddled plot device.

Supreme being
It seems that the majority believe Supes take this.

By Crom!
It seems that the majority believe Supes take this.

Then the majority doesn't read comics, Sentry is still ill defined and can't be argued, he actually hasn't lost yet, not even against the collective. You can't argue for or against him.

Supreme being
Originally posted by By Crom!
Then the majority doesn't read comics, Sentry is still ill defined and can't be argued, he actually hasn't lost yet, not even against the collective. You can't argue for or against him.

Actually various members have put forward good arguments and enough with the sentrys ill defined we have a basic outline of what his powers are.

By Crom!
Actually various members have put forward good arguments and enough with the sentrys ill defined we have a basic outline of what his powers are.

No I read it and they really haven't. They've seen some of his powers or all of them we don't know. What they haven't seen is anything he couldn't handle or at least stalemate yet. Whether he has enough to beat Superman is supposition one way or another and all assumptions do is make an ass of u and me.

Supreme being
No I read it and they really haven't. They've seen some of his powers or all of them we don't know. What they haven't seen is anything he couldn't handle or at least stalemate yet. Whether he has enough to beat Superman is supposition one way or another and all assumptions do is make an ass of u and me.

confused Well this is a VS forum and all we can do is assume and speculate on characters we know so.... i guess we continue although feel free to exit at any time as i wouldn't want you to make an ass of yourself.

By Crom!
confused Well this is a VS forum and all we can do is assume and speculate on characters we know so.... i guess we continue although feel free to exit at any time as i wouldn't want you to make an ass of yourself.

Speculate yes, make judgements based on opinion alone.... Well if you want, it just sounds silly though, it's like saying Sentry takes this 99% out of 110% etc What the f**k? Speculate away, judgements can't really be made though.

Supreme being
Speculate yes, make judgements based on opinion alone.... Well if you want, it just sounds silly though, it's like saying Sentry takes this 99% out of 110% etc What the f**k? Speculate away, judgements can't really be made though.

Thanks for the approval on letting us speculate couldnt have done it without your consent.

By Crom!
Thanks for the approval on letting us speculate.

No problem, anything else I can help you out with.

smile

Supreme being
No problem, anything else I can help you out with.

smile

What is the riddle of steel?

sexyking

laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

sexyking
Superman wins this.

By Crom!

If I told you i'd have to kill you, smile

Sorry wink

Madvillain
sentry wins

MattDay
that doomsday fight was a superman choosing either to kill doomsday and damage most of the city or drag the fight out and stop doomsday with a lot less damage delt to the surroundings although quite a bit still got messed up, it left superman fcuked by the end of it and he died when lois told him doomsday was dead.

MattDay
if he had nothing to lose really, he's beat the living hell out of sentry.

Supreme being
Originally posted by MattDay
that doomsday fight was a superman choosing either to kill doomsday and damage most of the city or drag the fight out and stop doomsday with a lot less damage delt to the surroundings although quite a bit still got messed up, it left superman fcuked by the end of it and he died when lois told him doomsday was dead.

Even though Superman's a lot stronger now i think that fights a great testament to his never waving will power and strength

MattDay
yea, they called him superman for a reason don't you know lol

id369
I think we have seen enough of Sentry.
Superman seems to overwhelm sentry in the Speed department, so I give the match Supes (If blood lusted).
I give the match to Sentry if both are in character.

By Crom!
Originally posted by id369
I think we have seen enough of Sentry.
Superman seems to overwhelm sentry in the Speed department, so I give the match Supes (If blood lusted).
I give the match to Sentry if both are in character.

e lived his life between the seconds of the cloc. hmmmmmmmmm.

smile

TricksterPriest
Ah yes, Iron Man's victory over Sentry. Anyone else think Sentry is an idiot? smile Although, I suppose you could claim the CLOC victory was PIS, but I thought it was inspired of IM to come up with that.

Superboy Prime
So what's the point of this thread then? Should we just ignore it and waste our time on the Superman vs Hulk thread?

And whoever moaned and groaned about Supes anger not being such a huge factor when he fought Doomsday ...there are 2 very important differences:

1) Doomsday didn't get to kill Lois, Perry, Ma & Pa Kent, Jimmy etc. He was just fighting to protect Metropolis, not out of revenge.
2) His power level back then was no where near the level he is now.

id369
e lived his life between the seconds of the cloc. hmmmmmmmmm.

smile

Your point?

LordFear
the problem with your using the point in the He-man vs. Hulk thread, is that He-man's sword of power is a super plot device, almost as bad as T-Vo. In a straight fight, Hulk would definitely beat He-man, but He-man doesn't have to beat Hulk with power, he has his sword and crazy powerful magic. Though, if we're allowing T-Vo, this thread is garbage. They need to retcon and burn that PIS-riddled plot device.

Ok well I am assuming that you are familiar with the thread in question.
So my thing is this, they also argued that HE-man only has to cut Hulk's head, again this is not something conducive to the character, so why use that as argument? Now for the magic argument, my understanding was that green eyes was impervious to magic to some degree. Was I ill informed?

LordFear
Even though Superman's a lot stronger now i think that fights a great testament to his never waving will power and strength

This is precisely my point here. People thinking along those lines but the problem is that if his shear will power can overcome any foe or obstacle, then what is the point of having him?
In a story you relate to the protagonist because of the obstacles that he has to face while in the back of your mind not knowing if he will succeed. The climax of the movie is when he has vanquished his foes or surpassed those obstacles and is victorious. My point is if in every story of Superman, the reader already knows that Supes despite countless odds consistently wins at the end of the day then why read or love the character anymore?
The reason why Spiderman is so beloved by fans in my estimation is because we can relate to him as a human and he encounters day to day problems like the rest of us and so we love and root for him everytime and Spidey is not the most powerful guy in MU so some times he wins and some times he looses but in Superman's case he ALWAYS win!!

TricksterPriest
Ok well I am assuming that you are familiar with the thread in question.
So my thing is this, they also argued that HE-man only has to cut Hulk's head, again this is not something conducive to the character, so why use that as argument? Now for the magic argument, my understanding was that green eyes was impervious to magic to some degree. Was I ill informed?

Hulk is not immune to magic, although he can see spirits. Given how ludicrously overpowered the Sword of Power is, yes, He-man could win by JUST cutting off Hulk's head. Normally, I'd say that someone wouldn't be able to do that so easily, but, as previously stated, the sword is a godly plot device.

Yeah, Supes always wins in the comics. It's something you just learn to accept, because........he's just Superman. whistling Now, most people try to avoid using that on the forums. But in all seriousness, Sentry is outmatched, and part of that is we've never seen him under duress. (And some of his feats are BS).

By Crom!
I am a big Superman fan shifty trust me on this, but I still don't think we know enough about SEntry to make any kind of judgement.

smile

By Crom!

Supreme being
A fight to the death for both opponents.

D-Block
Ok to even things out a bit Sentrys told by an unknown source that Supermans responsible for the death of Lindy and not him. So both are uber pissed who wins?

Don't forget Sentry's pissed to.

darthgoober
Bumb(in honor of his recent ordeal with AM)

xmeat
sentry wins

Badabing
Superman wins.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Badabing
Superman wins. Sentry wins

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Sentry wins Superman Wins

Big Sexy
Superman Wins huh

Symmetric Chaos
Sentry wins
Superman Wins

Orgy?

Hercules
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Orgy? sick no

Big Sexy
Orgy? que

Redatom65
I think i said it before. if not.

SUPERMAN

Juntai
Superman wins.

xmeat
sentry

Redatom65
Originally posted by xmeat
sentry

what do you base that on?

You never explain your answers

Symmetric Chaos
sentry

Why?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Redatom65

Ever noticed that Guy222 does the same thing (and frequently includes demented rants) but we don't wuestion him?

Hercules

Easy, Sentry is Marvel, does he need another reason?

Oh and Superman.

Juntai
Ever noticed that Guy222 does the same thing (and frequently includes demented rants) but we don't wuestion him? I did notice in one thread he said one character would win, and the comic that gave him that assumption...
Then replied to himself, and argued that the other character would win.

Hercules
Ever noticed that Guy222 does the same thing (and frequently includes demented rants) but we don't wuestion him?

Cause guy does it on purpose and to be honest, I'm begining to wonder if xmeat does...

Redatom65

at least he does it occasionally. I pointed that out yesterday

Juntai
Originally posted by Hercules
Easy, Sentry is Marvel, does he need another reason?

Oh and Superman. Yep on both accounts.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Juntai
I did notice in one thread he said one character would win, and the comic that gave him that assumption...
Then replied to himself, and argued that the other character would win.

I was thinking of his tendency to list random information about various characters I've never seen him argue with himself though.

Juntai
I was thinking of his tendency to list random information about various characters I've never seen him argue with himself though. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=429420&highlight=Stranger
Read the first 10 or so posts here.

xmeat
Why? why do you ask questions to things you already know the answer to.

Redatom65
why do you ask questions to things you already know the answer to.

WTF!? And you wonder why.........

Symmetric Chaos
why do you ask questions to things you already know the answer to.

I don't.

Why would Sentry win?

In fact I'll make a questionare for you to fill out.

Compare Supes to Sentry in these categories:
Strength
Speed
Durability
Experience
Skill
Versatility
Intelligence

xmeat
I don't.

Why would Sentry win?

In fact I'll make a questionare for you to fill out.

Compare Supes to Sentry in these categories:
Strength
Speed
Durability
Experience
Skill
Versatility
Intelligence
strength= we dont know what sentry is capable in terms of strength. So at the moment even.

speed=even
durability=sentry
experience=supes
skill=supes
versality=at the moment supes
intelligence=even

Redatom65
did you notice superman had the majority there....

Symmetric Chaos

I was wondering about that too.

Hercules

Yup laughing laughing

Magee
why do you ask questions to things you already know the answer to. Wow, you managed to pull together a readable sentence, nice one xmeat. thumb up

edit: im confused, how come xmeat can spell all of a sudden?

Juntai
strength= we dont know what sentry is capable in terms of strength. So at the moment even.

speed=even
durability=sentry
experience=supes
skill=supes
versality=at the moment supes
intelligence=even
Actually, going by what we've SEEN thus far on panel and in the comics. Rather than speculation or this 'can't guage because we haven't seen', excuse.

It goes more like this:
Strength : Superman.
Speed : Superman.
Durability : Superman.
Experience : Superman.
Skill : Superman.
Versatility : Superman.
Intelligence : Superman.

If you have an objection about any of those, feel free to try to bring up some evidence, from the comics themselves that would make anyone think otherwise. I'll gladly oblige and show you WHY Superman trumps Sentry in each of those areas.

Juntai
I was wondering about that too. Did you check out that thread I linked to you where Guy argued with himself?

Hercules
Originally posted by Magee
Wow, you managed to pull together a readable sentence, nice one xmeat. thumb up

edit: im confused, how come xmeat can spell all of a sudden?

I have this theory that he is actualy a genius on the level of Reed Richards and that he lets off steam by coming here and winding up the comic fans.

Symmetric Chaos
Did you check out that thread I linked to you where Guy argued with himself?

Yeah, weird.

He actually shows various signs of mild schitzophrenia.

xmeat
Actually, going by what we've SEEN thus far on panel and in the comics. Rather than speculation or this 'can't guage because we haven't seen', excuse.

It goes more like this:
Strength : Superman.
Speed : Superman.
Durability : Superman.
Experience : Superman.
Skill : Superman.
Versatility : Superman.
Intelligence : Superman.

If you have an objection about any of those, feel free to try to bring up some evidence, from the comics themselves that would make anyone think otherwise. I'll gladly oblige and show you WHY Superman trumps Sentry in each of those areas. COULD SUPES PUNK TERRAX.

Could supes punk terrax

speed seems even.
sentry has yet to get seriously hurt.
versality he has other powers at his disposal like TP and light manipulation.
Intelligence even neither are brainiacs.

Symmetric Chaos
COULD SUPES PUNK TERRAX?

The only thing stopping him is that Terrax in Marvel and Superman is in the DCU.

Redatom65
yes superman can punk terrax

Hercules
yes superman can punk terrax

Did you not see Terrax, destroy a planet? ppphhttt shifty

psycho gundam
Nothing is more destructive then a pissed of Kal-el. Nothing!!!

psycho gundam
Nothing is more destructive (and scary) then a pissed off Kal_el.
Nothing!!!

psycho gundam
Ask: darkseid,despero,doomsday,eclipso etc

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Ask: darkseid,despero,doomsday,eclipso etc

LMAO. DEspero owns superman every time. DS has never been beaten by clark without some insane plot dummy like DS hitting himself with his own powers. Doomsday owns clark any day. since sentry has light control powers, why not just drain clark. truimph was about to do it and kill clark. can't sentry do the same?

manorastroman
i agree with by crom!/guy222/libertine or whatever that pervy old brit is calling himself. we haven't seen anything sentry CAN'T handle yet.

psycho gundam
what about superman's lawyer? sentry IS a ripoff.

Galvaclaw
Ahh Triumph. I'd say he's the one Sentry is ripped of from. Their back stories are eerily similar. Still Superman didn't seem particularly worried when Triumph was draining him, he was calmly talking to him. I'm sure Superman could of just clocked him or flew out into space where he could recharge his solar energy.

Doomsday only owned Superman during his mid nineties team busting era. He hasn't owned Superman for a while now.

tkitna
Sentry wins until I see him lose something.

Galvaclaw
We did see Hercules and Hulking punch him out. Considering he didn't appear again in Civil war 7 I'll assume they did a good job of it.

Also Iron Man gave him a bloody nose. Superman is much stronger. Think about it.

A barely coherant Magneto hurt him.

Juntai
COULD SUPES PUNK TERRAX.

Could supes punk terrax

speed seems even.
sentry has yet to get seriously hurt.
versality he has other powers at his disposal like TP and light manipulation.
Intelligence even neither are brainiacs.
Yes, he can punk Terrax.

Speed feats Supes trumps him.
Supes is versatile in his own right, and he also has telepathy. wink
And yes, Superman is super intelligent.

Juntai
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
Ahh Triumph. I'd say he's the one Sentry is ripped of from. Their back stories are eerily similar. Still Superman didn't seem particularly worried when Triumph was draining him, he was calmly talking to him. I'm sure Superman could of just clocked him or flew out into space where he could recharge his solar energy.

Doomsday only owned Superman during his mid nineties team busting era. He hasn't owned Superman for a while now. The whole forgotten thing, yes is borrowed from Triumph. But the S, many of his nicknames and catch-phrases are analogs of Supes' current or past ones, his Super Dog. His wife has an L name [just as every incarnation of Superman was married to a Lois, a Lana, or Superboy Prime's Laurie, and others I'm forgetting... all L names. And that's barely touching base with it. The similarities are striking.

To be fair though, Sentry is also not comparable to Triumph powered up by a 5th Dimension being. That Triumph would beat both of them at the same time. I mean, SPECTRE was the only who eventually showed up to stop him.

starlock
I think superman wins this one
as of now sentry has not shown the speed that supes can or his durability
one thing though this angry thing is pure bull,when worked from a different angle it is crap
....superman see's everyone dear to him murdered by >>>>>>"no way superman can loose
.......superman sees everyone close to him murdered by>>>>>> he is so angry he looses because he did not think and lost his cool,making mistake after mistake etc..etc.. etc.

both of these are plausable,and yet wonderwoman beats superman,when superman thinks she is doomsday ripping lois to shreds(dont use the mind controll thing here,he was convinced of what he saw,not mind controlled to fight)

jasofisc
Originally posted by starlock
I think superman wins this one
as of now sentry has not shown the speed that supes can or his durability
one thing though this angry thing is pure bull,when worked from a different angle it is crap
....superman see's everyone dear to him murdered by >>>>>>"no way superman can loose
.......superman sees everyone close to him murdered by>>>>>> he is so angry he looses because he did not think and lost his cool,making mistake after mistake etc..etc.. etc.

both of these are plausable,and yet wonderwoman beats superman,when superman thinks she is doomsday ripping lois to shreds(dont use the mind controll thing here,he was convinced of what he saw,not mind controlled to fight)

There was the time he overpowered strange (or so i have been told I have not read the scan) that should put him above what ever supes has faced.

Juntai
Originally posted by jasofisc
There was the time he overpowered strange (or so i have been told I have not read the scan) that should put him above what ever supes has faced. confused

starlock
oki did collect the sentry 2-limited series and have almost all his appearences after the new avengers,i think alot of sentry's feats are just talk?i have not seen that much to convince me...but that is just me.
beating strange ,well i would have to see how,but i am only of one opinon

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by jasofisc
There was the time he overpowered strange (or so i have been told I have not read the scan) that should put him above what ever supes has faced.

IIRC he resisted some halfassed TP spell.

Juntai
IIRC he resisted some halfassed TP spell. Not that Dr Strange is far and away from anything Supes has faced anyways.

Symmetric Chaos
Not that Dr Strange is far and away from anything Supes has faced anyways.

Strange should be able to kill either one with very little effort actually (assuming he manages to cast one spell).

Sentry's power is basicly hype and a couple of nice feats.
Superman's power is very well documented and he has high feats well over Sentry's.

Superman wins for now.

Juntai
Strange should be able to kill either one with very little effort actually (assuming he manages to cast one spell).

Sentry's power is basicly hype and a couple of nice feats.
Superman's power is very well documented and he has high feats well over Sentry's.

Superman wins for now. I'm not saying Strange can't overcome Superman.
However, I'm saying overcoming someone of his calibre is certainly not far away from Supes, who's defeated pretty much everyone there is to beat and then some.
Whether people like it or not.

Supreme being
I'm not saying Strange can't overcome Superman.
However, I'm saying overcoming someone of his calibre is certainly not far away from Supes, who's defeated pretty much everyone there is to beat and then some.
Whether people like it or not. yes

Soljer
I'm not saying Strange can't overcome Superman.
Whether people like it or not.

I'm sorry, Juntai. You're normally pretty reasonable, and as far as this thread goes? I agree that Superman is certainly over the Sentry.

But to suppose that Superman could even eke out one win against a 'classic' Doc Strange? That's ignorance.

This new, depowered, humanized Strange? I don't have a clue...

But cosmic-god-Strange? Sorcerer Supreme of the entire friggin UNIVERSE Strange? no.

xmeat
Yes, he can punk Terrax.

Speed feats Supes trumps him.
Supes is versatile in his own right, and he also has telepathy. wink
And yes, Superman is super intelligent. supes has telepath laughing laughing

dvampire
supes has telepath laughing laughing

Not at the level of MM, but he does have it.

xmeat
Originally posted by dvampire
Not at the level of MM, but he does have it. laughing laughing

Aqua-pimp
A bloodlusted bend on revenge don't giva **** kinda supes .... no expression
Main the Sentry is in some deep deep deeeeep sh*t ....
I give Sentry 5 seconds out of 10 before Supes makes him eat his own d..k

cool

Priest
Million Exploding Sun's > Kyptonian with a "titty attack" glare

LORDSIDIOUS01
Sentry finds some kryponite and kills supes. R.I.P. KAL-EL

Redatom65
yes, considering he doesn't know that's his weakness let alone what that is. -_-'

horrorwolf
Superman has the edge in Fighting ability and Agility.

Sentry has more killer instinct.

Superman still edges out Sentry in the long run.

horrorwolf
Also Sentry suffers from agoraphobia thus suffers from panic attacks on occasion.

Longinus
I don't mean to invole an outside character, but why do the majority of members on this forum give Thor a slight advantage over Superman when there is a thread concerning those two. I know Thor possesses Mjolinir and is adept in magics, which are Superman's weakness, yet even with Superman's tremendous speed advantage, he still loses to Thor. With Supes speed, he should easily be able to reach Thor before he casts a spell and snap his neck. In every other category they're even, with Thor possesing more battle experience/Fighting skill while Supes probably has higher strength. Anyway what I'm saying is that Sentry is definetly faster than Thor, most likely as strong as Superman (he beat Void, who easily broke Hulk's bones) and he's stalemated Genis and The Collective. Genis is a being who killed Entrophy (I believe), thats got to amount to something. I belive it'll be a draw

darthgoober
While I agree that Sentry has yet to show anything that would really put him over Supes overall, there is some vague/roundabout evidence that he does surpass him as far as pure strength goes. In JLA/Avengers, Supes and Thor where shown to be somewhere in the strength category (though Supes strength was admittedly shown to be slightly superior, they where shown to be pretty close). Well Absorbing Man has absorbed the strength/power not only of Thor, but of also Mjolinir on numerous occasions without any problems on his part. However, when AM tried to absorb the strength of Sentry it was shown that Sentry's strength far exceeds AM's absorption capacity. In my mind that puts Sentry's quite a bit higher than that of Thor, and lends credit to the opinion that it also surpasses the strength of Supes. Like I said, it's not concrete enough to say for certain yet, but the evidence for Sentry being stronger IS building(now if we could just get Marvel to do a bit more with him, maybe we could say for certain).

I'm still not willing to give Sentry the majority over Supes until I see more from him, I just thought I'd point that out.

Redatom65
Originally posted by Longinus
I don't mean to invole an outside character, but why do the majority of members on this forum give Thor a slight advantage over Superman when there is a thread concerning those two. I know Thor possesses Mjolinir and is adept in magics, which are Superman's weakness, yet even with Superman's tremendous speed advantage, he still loses to Thor. With Supes speed, he should easily be able to reach Thor before he casts a spell and snap his neck. In every other category they're even, with Thor possesing more battle experience/Fighting skill while Supes probably has higher strength. Anyway what I'm saying is that Sentry is definetly faster than Thor, most likely as strong as Superman (he beat Void, who easily broke Hulk's bones) and he's stalemated Genis and The Collective. Genis is a being who killed Entrophy (I believe), thats got to amount to something. I belive it'll be a draw

Superman actually has beat thor and would beat thor. Regardless of Mjornir

Juntai
Originally posted by Soljer
I'm sorry, Juntai. You're normally pretty reasonable, and as far as this thread goes? I agree that Superman is certainly over the Sentry.

But to suppose that Superman could even eke out one win against a 'classic' Doc Strange? That's ignorance.

This new, depowered, humanized Strange? I don't have a clue...

But cosmic-god-Strange? Sorcerer Supreme of the entire friggin UNIVERSE Strange? no. See, Strange is powerful, but you're giving him too much credit already, lol. In his newest series, not only he did he get almost killed by a handgun, but he got his powers shut off by an apprentice magician.

Superman can and has overcome threats easily as high as Dr Strange. Whether one believes he should take the majority or not is up to each individual person's opinion... hell, everything on this forum is. However Superman has outdone high end magicians and cosmic-type gods alike. That's why I say it's not a far leap beyond him to believe he could go a round or two with him like Sentry did apperently did, as mentioned earlier.

And while it doesn't really mean shit here, lets not forget that Wizard also believes Supes would just speedblitz him. wink

batdude123
Originally posted by darthgoober
While I agree that Sentry has yet to show anything that would really put him over Supes overall, there is some vague/roundabout evidence that he does surpass him as far as pure strength goes. In JLA/Avengers, Supes and Thor where shown to be somewhere in the strength category (though Supes strength was admittedly shown to be slightly superior, they where shown to be pretty close). Well Absorbing Man has absorbed the strength/power not only of Thor, but of also Mjolinir on numerous occasions without any problems on his part. However, when AM tried to absorb the strength of Sentry it was shown that Sentry's strength far exceeds AM's absorption capacity. In my mind that puts Sentry's quite a bit higher than that of Thor, and lends credit to the opinion that it also surpasses the strength of Supes. Like I said, it's not concrete enough to say for certain yet, but the evidence for Sentry being stronger IS building(now if we could just get Marvel to do a bit more with him, maybe we could say for certain).

I'm still not willing to give Sentry the majority over Supes until I see more from him, I just thought I'd point that out.

Wow... ABC (more like ABCDEFG) logic to the extreme!!! eek!

snoopdogg
I wonder if Sentry could absorb the solar power from Supes? That seems to be a popular method used by debaters to beat Supes. But I don't recall it ever being done during combat.

Juntai
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I wonder if Sentry could absorb the solar power from Supes? That seems to be a popular method used by debaters to beat Supes. But I don't recall it ever being done during combat. It's been tried, but it doesn't work well, goes the way of using Kryptonite, magic or red sun to beat him. Which also always fail.

darthgoober
Originally posted by batdude123
Wow... ABC (more like ABCDEFG) logic to the extreme!!! eek!
Hey, I already said that it wasn't concrete or certain, I was just pointing out that there is SOME evidence to suggest such a thing wink .

Supreme being
Originally posted by Longinus

That Genis feat is a bit iffy as Genis power Yoyos up and down.

Soljer
See, Strange is powerful, but you're giving him too much credit already, lol. In his newest series, not only he did he get almost killed by a handgun, but he got his powers shut off by an apprentice magician.

Superman can and has overcome threats easily as high as Dr Strange. Whether one believes he should take the majority or not is up to each individual person's opinion... hell, everything on this forum is. However Superman has outdone high end magicians and cosmic-type gods alike. That's why I say it's not a far leap beyond him to believe he could go a round or two with him like Sentry did apperently did, as mentioned earlier.

And while it doesn't really mean shit here, lets not forget that Wizard also believes Supes would just speedblitz him. wink

But what you brought up - I addressed. The current, humanized, depowered, ninja-fighting Strange may not be able to get a majority on Superman.

But classic strange? Who regularly treated time like a play thing and collapsed dimensions? He'd curbstomp Superman.

horrorwolf
Stay on subject people.

wink

Soljer
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Stay on subject people.

wink

No point - it's universally regarded (save by the DC haters) that Superman > Sentry.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by Soljer
No point - it's universally regarded (save by the DC haters) that Superman > Sentry.

I'd second that, most people think Superman could be anyone...but the reason forums like this is to look at different scenarios.

And there are always lesser cases in which Sentry could pull off wins against Supes.

I wouldn't necessarily call them a haters though unless they thought Sentry could win the majority of cases vs Superman.

Soljer
Originally posted by horrorwolf
I'd second that, most people think Superman could be anyone...but the reason forums like this is to look at different scenarios.

And there are always lesser cases in which Sentry could pull off wins against Supes.

I wouldn't necessarily call them a haters though unless they thought Sentry could win the majority of cases vs Superman.

Well, in the comics, Superman will always win. Against anyone.

But, even looking at it from an objective forum standpoint - Sentry simply doesn't have the required feats to back up his hype yet.

He's getting there, he's becoming more impressive. But until we see him let loose? We can't say for certain that he's even COMPARABLE to Superman, considering Kal-El's greater feats.

Maybe Sentry will bitchslap the Hulk during World War Hulk. That'd be quite entertaining. smile.

But until we see some more impressive showings from the Sentry, he is, and will remain less powerful than Superman.

Kutulu
I am going to agree with the majority here, based upon feats Sentry loses. He supposedly has more power, but he barely did squat in the battle during Civil War (was seen in one frame battling Hercules and that's it).

His overloading Absorbing Man was a good feat, and so was breaking Terrax's axe, but he has a ways to go yet before he would achieve equal footing with Superman IMHO.

horrorwolf
Right, So Sentry loses due to lack of feats/known accomplishments of powers.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>