Hercules vs Beta Ray bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hunbu04
No Golden mace for hercules
No Stormbreaker for BRB
H2H only who will win

Ouallada
Which Hercules is this?

Beta Ray Howard
Mortal would get clobberized.
Immortal would probably stalemate, edge to Herc.

Don Mega
Hercules beats BRB. He's way stronger than BRB with better skills.

Ouallada
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Mortal would get clobberized.
Immortal would probably stalemate, edge to Herc.

Words. Out. Of. Mouth.

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by Don Mega
Hercules beats BRB. He's way stronger than BRB with better skills.

no expression

Bill is as strong as Thor. Thor and Hercules are equals.

Sorry kid.

Ouallada
Herc is a grappler. Anyone who knows about groundfighting should understand HErc's MO. Bill is not really skilled, but is still in the same strength tier as Immortal Herc, but with a vicious streak. I only give an edge to Immortal Herc because Bill does not have Stormbreaker. Will still be a fight I would like to see.

Don Mega
no expression

Bill is as strong as Thor. Thor and Hercules are equals.

Sorry kid. Bill is as strong as Thor? Based on what?

Beta Ray Howard
Bill is as strong as Thor? Based on what?

They're equals. It's been stated by Odin and Thor himself, though it could be argued that Bill may be more powerful, and a better warrior.

Don Mega
They're equals. It's been stated by Odin and Thor himself, though it could be argued that Bill may be more powerful, and a better warrior. Was he talking about strength or the fact they both have the same weapons?

Beta Ray Howard
Was he talking about strength or the fact they both have the same weapons?

Equal in everything.

Jyppe
Bill's lot prettier though smile

Don Mega
Equal in everything. Well my next comment is not a knock on your respect thread for BRB but he has not done enough for me anyways to put him as equal to Thor.

Beta Ray Howard
When Bill first used Mjolnir, he says the power is added to his own:
http://i79.imagethrust.com/images/337N/view-image/thor-v-1--337-p-20.html

That scan is after he had defeated Thor by disarming him.

Odin says that their combined powers without the hammers may lay waste to most of Asgard
http://i79.imagethrust.com/images/337Q/view-image/thor-338-14.html

Bill's Strength is beyond comprehension
http://i79.imagethrust.com/images/337T/view-image/thor-338-19.html

Bill bested Thor in combat.
http://i79.imagethrust.com/images/337W/view-image/thor-338-22.html

Beta Ray Howard
Well my next comment is not a knock on your respect thread for BRB but he has not done enough for me anyways to put him as equal to Thor.

He's defeated most of Thor's enemies in half the time that Thor has. Compare his fights with Pentigaar, Fenris, Silver Surfer, to that of Thor's fights.

Then read Stormbreaker stuff.

draxx_tOfU
hercules 6/10

guy222
Originally posted by hunbu04
No Golden mace for hercules
No Stormbreaker for BRB
H2H only who will win

Herc

Herc is stronger than Thor and Bill

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by guy222
Herc

Gah! They're equals!

Soujaboy
When Bill first used Mjolnir, he says the power is added to his own:
http://i79.imagethrust.com/images/337N/view-image/thor-v-1--337-p-20.html

That scan is after he had defeated Thor by disarming him.

Odin says that their combined powers without the hammers may lay waste to most of Asgard
http://i79.imagethrust.com/images/337Q/view-image/thor-338-14.html

Bill's Strength is beyond comprehension
http://i79.imagethrust.com/images/337T/view-image/thor-338-19.html

Bill bested Thor in combat.
http://i79.imagethrust.com/images/337W/view-image/thor-338-22.html

He only defeated Thor in their first battle due to the enchantment that handicaps Thor, making him transform back into D.B.. BRB didn't knock Thor out, he knocked out a mortal Donald Blake.

In their second battle Odin gave in BRB the upper hand in order to tech Thor humility. That battle would have been a stalemate if the battle hadn't taken place in Muspelheim, a realm in Asgard similar to that of BRB's birth place.

Now after those two unfair battles, Thor bested BRB in each of their fights even to the brink of killing BRB.

Soujaboy
They're equals. It's been stated by Odin and Thor himself, though it could be argued that Bill may be more powerful, and a better warrior.

More ruthless, yes I'll give you that, but a better warrior? never.

Soujaboy
He's defeated most of Thor's enemies in half the time that Thor has. Compare his fights with Pentigaar, Fenris, Silver Surfer, to that of Thor's fights.

Or we could just compare their battles with each other, in which Thor has defeated Bill in all of their "fair" battles.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by guy222
Herc

No, when tested in strength Thor and Hercules have been shown as equals.

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by Soujaboy
He only defeated Thor in their first battle due to the enchantment that handicaps Thor, making him transform back into D.B.. BRB didn't knock Thor out, he knocked out a mortal Donald Blake.

It's a victory. I'm guessing that Gladiator didn't beat Thor either from using a similar method.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

In their second battle Odin gave in BRB the upper hand in order to tech Thor humility. That battle would have been a stalemate if the battle hadn't taken place in Muspelheim, a realm in Asgard similar to that of BRB's birth place.

You're neglecting the fact that Bill is no longer a full Korbinite. Skartheim wouldn't have given him a huge advantage, if anything. It's like Namor in water. He's not gaining anything. He's just constantly at his peak.

Now after those two unfair battles, Thor bested BRB in each of their fights even to the brink of killing BRB.

Now you're distorting the page, and that's just low. You know for a fact that when they fought before the Blood and Thunder saga that Bill was by no means fighting to put Thor down, and Thor was crazed.

Soujaboy
It's a victory. I'm guessing that Gladiator didn't beat Thor either from using a similar method.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

You're neglecting the fact that Bill is no longer a full Korbinite. Skartheim wouldn't have given him a huge advantage, if anything. It's like Namor in water. He's not gaining anything. He's just constantly at his peak.

Now you're distorting the page, and that's just low. You know for a fact that when they fought before the Blood and Thunder saga that Bill was by no means fighting to put Thor down, and Thor was crazed.

Thor didn't revert back to Donald Black in his battle with Gladiator, he sure in hell wasn't ko'd while in his mortal form. But if you believe knocking out a human is a win for Bill, it's thats fine by me.

They were both ko'd, Bill got up faster, because while in extremely heated areas he is boosted. It was stated on panel, there's no reason to argue against it.

Ok he wasn't trying to ko Thor or anything, he was just going to let Thor kill him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Beta Ray Howard
Thor didn't revert back to Donald Black in his battle with Gladiator, he sure in hell wasn't ko'd while in his mortal form. But if you believe knocking out a human is a win for Bill, it's thats fine by me.

Actually, he turned to Jake Olsen after Gladiator used a similar method. (Thor v2)

Thor is completely aware of the enchantment of his hammer, and had ample time to go and get it back, or just call it to himself. He lost.

They were both ko'd, Bill got up faster, because while in extremely heated areas he is boosted. It was stated on panel, there's no reason to argue against it.

There's no mention of a "boost." There's mention that Bill performs well in those conditions, but no boost. Like I said before, it's akin to Namor in water.

Ok he wasn't trying to ko Thor or anything, he was just going to let Thor kill him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

*Sigh*

Lying again. So sad.

http://img96.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor46112ix4.jpg
"Thor! Come and greet a brother in arms!"

Real malcontent and will to fight, huh?

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor46113oc1.jpg

Thor throws the first punch, and by no means is Bill trying to start a fight. Bill even remarks the fact he would never strike that blow.

http://img96.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor46114fq5.jpg
http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor46115pk5.jpg

In two pages his has Thor down, and begs him to stop. Two pages. He could have continued to fight and knocked out Thor then and there, since Bill had him at his mercy. Then Thor sucker-shots him when Bill puts his hand out in friendship.

http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor46117ym8.jpg

"I am not your foe! Can you not see that you are possesed by some mania?!"

Seriously....

Validus

That's mainly because Bill is a savage while Thor spends half the time boasting.

Stormbreaker was great for Bill and all but Mike Oeming wrote Thor as a powerhouse also.

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
That's mainly because Bill is a savage while Thor spends half the time boasting.

Stormbreaker was great for Bill and all but Mike Oeming wrote Thor as a powerhouse also.

Exactly. BRB outperforming Thor in a particular showing or feat is not because he's more powerful, but because of his personality.

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by Validus

I wouldn't say savage, necissarily. More or less the "less talk, more action" type.

The question is, does that make him a better fighter, or just more effective?

batdude123
I wouldn't say savage, necissarily. More or less the "less talk, more action" type.

The question is, does that make him a better fighter, or just more effective?

More effective.

Soujaboy
Actually, he turned to Jake Olsen after Gladiator used a similar method. (Thor v2)

Thor is completely aware of the enchantment of his hammer, and had ample time to go and get it back, or just call it to himself. He lost.

There's no mention of a "boost." There's mention that Bill performs well in those conditions, but no boost. Like I said before, it's akin to Namor in water.

*Sigh*

Lying again. So sad.

http://img96.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor46112ix4.jpg
"Thor! Come and greet a brother in arms!"

Real malcontent and will to fight, huh?

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor46113oc1.jpg

Thor throws the first punch, and by no means is Bill trying to start a fight. Bill even remarks the fact he would never strike that blow.

http://img96.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor46114fq5.jpg
http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor46115pk5.jpg

In two pages his has Thor down, and begs him to stop. Two pages. He could have continued to fight and knocked out Thor then and there, since Bill had him at his mercy. Then Thor sucker-shots him when Bill puts his hand out in friendship.

http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor46117ym8.jpg

"I am not your foe! Can you not see that you are possesed by some mania?!"

Seriously....

That enchantment no longer hunts Thor, but it's amazing that you think defeating a mortal counts as a victory against Thor.

he had sixty seconds, and he reverted to D.B. and was ko'd. That does not count as a legitimate defeat against Thor, however BRB did manage to defeat a man with a limp leg. BRB and Odin themselves established that due to the handicap the battle was less then fair, thus was the reason for the second battle. It's a shame that BRB himself realized that battle wasn't fair, but you can't

While both being Ko'd, the heat of Skartheim served to revive Bill. Face it BRB has never defeated Thor without some outside circumstances.

How did I lie? I made a statement with a hint of sarcasm.confused

We don't need your scans, most of us own that comic. Use common sense my friend, BRB knew his life was in danger, yet you believe he wouldn't fight to a least ko Thor? Thats funny, I wonder how many people would let their friend kill them without trying to defeated themselves. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Validus
Originally posted by batdude123
More effective.
Ditto.

While Thor is talking gibberish that his opponents can't understand, Bill is busting skulls. If Thor took the same approach, theres nothing to suggest the results wouldn't be similar. We've seen what Thor can do when he's pissed.

Beta Ray Howard
That enchantment no longer hunts Thor, but it's amazing that you think defeating a mortal counts as a victory against Thor.

*sigh*

Maybe if Thor were intelligent enough to pick the hammer back up, he would have won that fight. Seems that's not the case.

He lost.

he had sixty seconds, and he reverted to D.B. and was ko'd. That does not count as a legitimate defeat against Thor, however BRB did manage to defeat a man with a limp leg. BRB and Odin themselves established that due to the handicap the battle was less then fair, thus was the reason for the second battle. It's a shame that BRB himself realized that battle wasn't fair, but you can't

Considering Bill had the humility that Thor didn't, it doesn't come to any suprise. Like I already stated, it's not like it made any bit of a huge difference.

Once again, Thor lost. If he's as great as you're making him out to be, he should have overcome that. So much for the mighty Thunder God. roll eyes (sarcastic)

While both being Ko'd, the heat of Skartheim served to revive Bill. Face it BRB has never defeated Thor without some outside circumstances.

There's always circumstance to a battle. It doesn't excuse a loss. Welcome to comic books. There's always a story behind it.

How did I lie? I made a statement with a hint of sarcasm.confused

You made a statement with little to no truth behind it.

Thus: lie.

We don't need your scans, most of us own that comic. Use common sense my friend,

You obviously don't know the scans, so I provided them. You make that claim all the time when you don't know what's going on.

The proof is on the page that Bill was hardly fighting to his fullest because he did not want to take out Thor. He was trying to reason with him.

BRB knew his life was in danger, yet you believe he wouldn't fight to a least ko Thor?

Bill knows that violence begets violence. Kicking Thor's ass would have done nothing to help the situation, because Thor needed to snap out of what was going on.

If you had read Blood and Thunder and payed attention, you'd know that.

Thats funny, I wonder how many people would let their friend kill them without trying to defeated themselves. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Defeated themselves?

First of all, Bill's trying to defend himself whilst getting Thor to calm down. That's a task within itself, considering he was going through the Warrior Madness. Once again, if you had read the scan instead of distorting what's on the page, you'd know that.

There's a difference between talking someone down and fighting them to the best of your abilities. Considering it states in the comic itself that Bill did not want to fight Thor, you cannot sit there and claim that it's otherwise.

Doing so is lying.

Soujaboy
*sigh*

Maybe if Thor were intelligent enough to pick the hammer back up, he would have won that fight. Seems that's not the case.

He lost.

Considering Bill had the humility that Thor didn't, it doesn't come to any suprise. Like I already stated, it's not like it made any bit of a huge difference.

Once again, Thor lost. If he's as great as you're making him out to be, he should have overcome that. So much for the mighty Thunder God. roll eyes (sarcastic)

There's always circumstance to a battle. It doesn't excuse a loss. Welcome to comic books. There's always a story behind it.

You made a statement with little to no truth behind it.

Thus: lie.

You obviously don't know the scans, so I provided them. You make that claim all the time when you don't know what's going on.

The proof is on the page that Bill was hardly fighting to his fullest because he did not want to take out Thor. He was trying to reason with him.

Bill knows that violence begets violence. Kicking Thor's ass would have done nothing to help the situation, because Thor needed to snap out of what was going on.

If you had read Blood and Thunder and payed attention, you'd know that.

Defeated themselves?

First of all, Bill's trying to defend himself whilst getting Thor to calm down. That's a task within itself, considering he was going through the Warrior Madness. Once again, if you had read the scan instead of distorting what's on the page, you'd know that.

There's a difference between talking someone down and fighting them to the best of your abilities. Considering it states in the comic itself that Bill did not want to fight Thor, you cannot sit there and claim that it's otherwise.

Doing so is lying.

Or Maybe if his father hadn't placed an enchantment on his weapon, he would have one the battle. Again you fail to admit that BRB never ko'd Thor, but Donald Blake.

He lost, that I've said before, but it wasn't for lack of skill, power, or experience, but because he transformed into a mortal.

It didn't make a difference, it was just written that BRB had the advantage due to the surroundings for our amusement.roll eyes (sarcastic)

You can ignore the fact that he woke before Thor due to the extreme heat of their surroundings, however the rest of us wont.

"If he was as great as you make him out to be". All I've stated is truth, something you can't except.

"BRB got his ass handed to him numerous times by Thor during Blood and Thunder". Thats a lie?

Grasping for straws, great idea.laughing

So instead he would rather die, then ko Thor?

If I would have paid attention? laughing Lets see....

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/SilverS6.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/SilverS9.jpg

Oh yes, it's very evident that BRB only wanted to talk to Thor.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ok so let me get this strait. He only wanted to talk to Thor, but not stop him?

He was smashing Thor with Stormbreaker, yet he only wanted to speak to him?

Your a funny guy laughing

You know what the saddest thing about this argument is? It's the fact that you would except Bill knocking out BRB as a valid win for Bill, but when Bill gets defeated trying to stop an enraged Thor it's not a win? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Face it. When BRB tried stopping Thor, he couldn't. Bill was not only trying to orally stop Thor, but also physically, but he failed.

TricksterPriest
What about Bill smashing Stardust? That must count for something.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

And I could in turn ask you about Thor "smashing" Surfer. I could also point out that his battle with Stardust had no "winner", each character had his ups and downs in the battle but in the end it was a stalemate. Stradust was even able to withstand BRB's planet crushing attack. Great fight none the less though.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Bill was shown to be stardusts peer but there was never a definitive winner in their battle.First time aroundstardust was fairly unscathed from the planet buster and second time when bill bit his hand off he was no longer trying to fight.

BetaRayBill
Even I like Beta Ray Bill a lot, I'd have to say immortal Herc 'cuz of his superior fighting skills. I'd say they're both about the same strength wise.

xmeat
bil kicks his ass

Beta Ray Howard

So instead he would rather die, then ko Thor?

If I would have paid attention? laughing Lets see....

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/SilverS6.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/SilverS9.jpg

Oh yes, it's very evident that BRB only wanted to talk to Thor.

Nice try. Why don't you post the other battle they've had where Bill has specifically said that he does not with to battle Thor.

You have no argument. Insert quarter and try again.

Come back when you're ready to stop lying and twisting things.

Soujaboy
Nice try. Why don't you post the other battle they've had where Bill has specifically said that he does not with to battle Thor.

You have no argument. Insert quarter and try again.

Come back when you're ready to stop lying and twisting things.

Why would I post another battle in which does help my case, when this battle clearly shows BRB fighting and easily being defeated? Something I have stated all along.

Except the fact that this fight shows BRB fighting and getting his ass handed to him.

Never lied, not my fault that there was more than one instance in which Thor and BRB battle in that arc besides the one your clinging to in which Bill states he doesn't want to fight.

In other words.... you lose wink

Soljer
Does anyone see Thor in this thread? No?

Take it somewhere else, guys.

Thor and Bill are equals. No more. No less.

Bill is often more 'to the point' than Thor - but that is of little consequence in most forum battles. And in a forum battle, Bill vs. Thor would likely end up as 5/10. Nothing else.

Take it to another thread, c'mon!

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Soljer
Does anyone see Thor in this thread? No?

Take it somewhere else, guys.

Thor and Bill are equals. No more. No less.

Bill is often more 'to the point' than Thor - but that is of little consequence in most forum battles. And in a forum battle, Bill vs. Thor would likely end up as 5/10. Nothing else.

Take it to another thread, c'mon!

My bad, I was just pointing out that Bill have never out right defeated Thor in a fair and neutral battle.

Soljer
My bad, I was just pointing out that Bill have never out right defeated Thor in a fair and neutral battle.

I understand, you believe that you were clearing up a bit of misinformation. Howard thought otherwise. Disagreement. Debate.

Got it.

It's just that there's a time and a place, and though any time may be suitable, this thread is not the place.

olympian
Hercules edges Bill out by a margin in those conditions.

And all the three (Thor/Bill/Herc) are really close. Altho i probably see Thor as the best figther of the two (between him and BRB). If memory serves hes bested Bill more times than Bill bested him.

FearOfBlood
Hercules is the best fighter here and should win most of the fights

Soujaboy
Hercules 7/10

Soljer
Hercules 7/10

I'm not so sure. I think you're underrating Bill to try to somehow build up Thor.

I mean, it's a fist fight, but regardless. Do you think that Herc would take THOR seven out of ten in a fist fight?

If I gave Hercules a majority, it'd be a slight one. Closer to six or even five and a half out of ten. Against either of the hammer brothers, that is.

Soujaboy
I'm not so sure. I think you're underrating Bill to try to somehow build up Thor.

I mean, it's a fist fight, but regardless. Do you think that Herc would take THOR seven out of ten in a fist fight?

If I gave Hercules a majority, it'd be a slight one. Closer to six or even five and a half out of ten. Against either of the hammer brothers, that is.

I like Thor and Bill equally as much, not trying to build up anyone.

Na, but Hercules takes 7/10 on BRB in a strait h2h match because of his massive skill and experience advantage.

Most times when Herc and Thor battle it's because herc edges Thor slightly in the skill department. Now when fighting a nearly exact replica with less skill, and experience, I think it's clear that Herc takes the clear majority.

But meh 6/10 Herc is fine by me.

Soljer
And why exactly do you give Thor the skill advantage over Bill?

Skill with Mjolnir(Stormbreaker)'s powers, sure. But hand to hand skill? Where is the justification for that? Most people see Bill as a slightly more skilled combatant than Thor.

Soujaboy
And why exactly do you give Thor the skill advantage over Bill?

Skill with Mjolnir(Stormbreaker)'s powers, sure. But hand to hand skill? Where is the justification for that? Most people see Bill as a slightly more skilled combatant than Thor.

While Thor has been trained in the art of was for thousands upon thousands of years, Bill has not. Thor being a superbly skilled warrior, and highly proficient in hand-to-hand combat, should be more skilled than The Cyborg who was first created as a guardian. Now don't get me wrong, Bill is skilled just not as much as a warrior god.

Accel
I would also give Herc the edge in H2H over Bill. I don't believe Thor ever admitted Bill to be superior to him in that area.

leonidas
herc 6-7/10 imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.