rots vs rotj

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vader sith
must go with rots the end battle is good on rotj but the whole of the rots movie is good

Blue_Hefner
I like the Prequels more than I like the OT, because in the PT, the Jedi actually seem skilled. ROTJ Luke with a lightsaber...just smh.

General G
I dunno, it would probably be tied for me, I reeeeaally liked the end of ROTJ, the whole Sidious/Luke/Vader scene was amazing, that is what made that movies great for me. And then there is ROTS, it has good duels, General Grievous smile and more emotion, as well as it was a pretty good movie overall. Grievous made it good however. So, actually, probably ROTS.

Blaxican
*Waits for the old people to come bash the PT*

Tangible God
Speaking of that f*ckin' PT...

jollyjim311
Oh yeah, ROTS was great, if we look through the whole "acting" part and watch the lightsabers!!!!11!!111!!1!!!

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=150

Blaxican
yes and the acting and diolouge in the OT was just THAT much better roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rampant ox
There was nothing wrong with the acting in the PT. It was the story writers giving everyone clique (sp?) lines and having a weak story line overall I feel.

Yet I still prefer the PT no expression

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Rampant ox
There was nothing wrong with the acting in the PT. It was the story writers giving everyone clique (sp?) lines and having a weak story line overall I feel.

Yet I still prefer the PT no expression

I have a strong feeling you prefer the PT purely because of Dooku...

He did a great job, but, c'mon, the Anakin-Padme dialogue of loveness... sucked. It was visually painful.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by jollyjim311
I have a strong feeling you prefer the PT purely because of Dooku...

whistle

I do agree with this. I physically cringe whenever I have to watch them. But again, I think it was more the bad lines given to them than the acting itself.

Blaxican
Originally posted by jollyjim311

He did a great job, but, c'mon, the Anakin-Padme dialogue of loveness... sucked. It was visually painful.

I actually hated the Han&Leia connection a lot.

"I love you!"

"... I know."

I leave the room every time that line is about to come up. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Anakin&Padme love story just as much, but I fidn it funny when passes off the Han&Leia story as superior.

That, and those damned Ewoks really ruined Rotj for me. I was able to put up with the Gungans because they at least had technolgy; shields, energy balls etc. The Ewoks just had sticks, stones, and gliding thingys, with which they managed to defeat the most powerful Military in Star Wars history.

Kadesh
OT would become the best trilogy had dooku been in it, why not dooku the emperor?

Rampant ox
DAMN STRAIGHT!! That would have been an awesome twist at the end of ROTS. Dooku should have appeared in the Senate after Sids fight with Yoda and killed his former master. Then GL could use his fancy computer technology to superimpose Dooku into all of the Emperors scenes from the OT!!

Kadesh
I was pissed off the fact that dooku died so early in ROTS he didnt even appear for 5 mins. Originally i read what has been mentioned in the magazine that it was mac windu or yoda who was suppose to kill dooku, not hot headed anakin

Darth Subjekt
OK, lets put things in perspective here:

Han and Leia were the original couple, and Anakin and Padme were obvioulsy modeled after them, with the guy chasing the "proper type" girl, and her eventually giving in at a moment of despair. Main difference is Han handled that shit like a man. "I know" rather than, " I thought we had decided not to fall in love..." tool box... Han and Leia win this one.

Ewoks: Well i guess everyone that hates them just looooves those gay ass gungans...sorry, but I'll take Wicket over Jar Jar any day. OK the ewoks, a primitive species helps beat the Empire...unbelievable right? But in your precious PT, a 9 year old Anakin accidentally does what no other trained star pilot can do and blows up the command ship controlling all the droids..GAY! Ewoks win this one too.

ROTS duel vs ROTJ duel...gotta say while I'm partial to the ROTJ duel, i prefer the ROTS one, so it has this one.

OT Yoda vs PT Yoda...OT all the way. His explanation of the force is classic and true, no gay midicholrians or a theory that EVERYthing leads to the darkside. But sure, due to new CGI we can see Yoda flipping and jumping so much that we cant enjoy it being that we cant see what he's doing, but technology in no way means superiority. (see Ewoks for a reference)

ROTJ's SFX were cutting edge and a breakthrough, ROTS's was just cookie cutter shit we have to deal with these days. Nothing special, hell even Narnia beat it out for best SFX. ROTJ wins here.

Yes, there is better acting in the OT and a better storyline, primarily because the wonderful people at LFL decided that it's easier to amuse simple minds with dazzling SFX rather than intrigue and captivate it's audience with clever storytelling.

I guess the PT is just like Pepsi, it's only the choice of a new generation...

And for fvck's sake, Dooku was a minimal character whose insignificant role was amusing at best. Lee is a fine actor, but he wasn't given the tools to really break Dooku out, and in no way does that allow Dooku to be the end all be all great one of the PT let alone of the Saga. Personally, if the Count had been in the OT, I'd put my foot through the TV...

Tangible God
Calm down there Elvis.

But I agree with Subjekt. And as for the space battles...

No, you know what, f*ck the explanation. If someone picks the cheesy lines and fantastical flashiness of ROTS's very limited space battle over the rather more epic one in ROTJ, then it's obvious Western society is going the way of Luke Wilson's Idiocracy.

sithsaber408
Revenge.

Easily.

Jedi has only 25 watchable minutes in it, (the last 25 obviously) which while some of the greatest in the saga, don't make up for the lengthy Jabba stuff and the dull Ewok mid-section of the film.

(most of which was added padding according to GL on the ROTJ commentary, because the original story only had Luke losing his mentor and then facing Vader and the Emporer after the events of ESB.)

ROTS shines throughout.

Captain REX
*supports the OT because nobody else is*

overlord
I never had a problem with the fights of the OT. Guess I'm not a too big of a spoiled brat.. But in storyline most of the PT was a bit too messy and chaotic. And I'm not going to call movies superior solely because of wicked awesome duels.

coolmovies
ROTJ beats it by a mile yes it had bad bits but vader v luke was better then anakin v obi wan . Rotj is darker better and so is luke who does not give in to the dark side .

It has great one lines and the attack on the death star is amazing .

Tangible God
It's the acting. If ROTS had the good acting of ROTJ, then it would beat it.

But it doesn't have it. Damn it.

Darth Subjekt
Rex, i am in suport of ROTJ...what do you mean no one else?

Alliance
ROTS...undeniably.

Tangible God
You only say 'cause it's full of clones.

sithsaber408
I say it cuz ROTJ is full of crap, with 25 min. of greatness.

Sith is about 85% full of greatness.

For me:

Empire
Sith
A New Hope
Clones
Menace
Jedi

exanda kane
Return of the Jedi may, in my opinion, be the worst of the originals, but every single movie from the Originals beats any of the newer attempts hands down.

General G
Originally posted by exanda kane
Return of the Jedi may, in my opinion, be the worst of the originals, but every single movie from the Originals beats any of the newer attempts hands down.

I much preferred ROTJ over ANH

If the damn ewoks were wookies, it would win this, but I just can't stand those damn things, so ROTS takes this for me.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Why are we still debating this. This thread should close.

sithsaber408
Because right now the votes stand in favor of ROTS 9/6, and the 6 are telling the 9 why they don't agree.

It's called:

a thread.

one eye -n00b.

exanda kane
I just look at ROTS as a film, and it just can't stand up to a film like ROTJ. Albeit certain lines and certain parts of ROTJ are cringeworthy, but at least the rest compensated.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Y are we still talking about this?

Kadesh
ROTJ has a stronger emotional value, like vader watching his on son going to die

Rampant ox
ROTS certainly had a strong emotional value - especially when Dooku got behanded, beheaded then burnt to oblivion. stick out tongue

But ROTS has the fall of the Jedi Order, the fall of Anakin, the uprising of the Empire, the death of Padme etc. I think that ROTS has just as much, if not more, emotional value than ROTJ.

Nellis Munn
i shed a tear at the end thats how emotional ROTS is, but ROTS because it has plo koon... and... the awsome CIS!

Blaxican
*nods*

I really didn't give a sh*t all that much when Vader died in Rotj, and I was just plain irritated with the damn Ewok ending. I at least felt really bad watching the order 66 scenes, and felt worse when Anakin became Darth Vader.

Nellis Munn
yea and all that sad music watching ki, aayla, and... plo koon get killed, i was watching and saying to my self hope plo koon servives next second hes blown up into a building.......nopity

exanda kane
Sometimes, I hate these forums, bit like marmite.

I don't understand how people like these films just because they have one scene with a secondary character in it for example Kitt or Plo Koon, or they like the look of something, without seeing the prequel's for the over the top rubbish I think it is.

All comes down to opinion in the end I guess.

Kadesh
Actually the most emotional for me was ROTJ and ESB, ESB was the shock factor, It wasnt as great in ROTS because simply we already know whats going to happen to some characters, but the only thing is How so its not much of a shock

Nellis Munn
its was a shock to me, about what happened to the jedi...

exanda kane
Originally posted by Nellis Munn
its was a shock to me, about what happened to the jedi...

You really didn't see it coming? You thought they all got honorable discharges and there pentions intact? I mean, really, just really? wink

That still was possibly the best scene in the PT, but then perhaps that was because it was a montage and had to rely on colourful backdrops and planets with curious looking jedi, instead of any dialogue or drama; which were obviously the low point of the PT.

coolmovies
The acting is crap in rots but in rotj the performace is very strong and so is the story .

Tangible God
Originally posted by exanda kane
You really didn't see it coming? You thought they all got honorable discharges and there pentions intact? I mean, really, just really? wink

That still was possibly the best scene in the PT, but then perhaps that was because it was a montage and had to rely on colourful backdrops and planets with curious looking jedi, instead of any dialogue or drama; which were obviously the low point of the PT. I agree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.