Pans Labyrinth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tex
WOW!
I just saw this film on Friday. It is absolutely beautiful. The reviews have been nothing but fantastic with the word masterpiece thrown around in many of them.

Seeing as my hopes were so high I was convinced that the film would not live up to my expectations.

I was wrong.

It really is one of the best films I have ever seen. I've never seen such beauty and violence blend so masterfully in a film before. It really is a fairy tale for adults.

The ending is quite horrific though, although very beautiful at the same time, I guess that is pretty much how the movie is. Violence and beauty.

Solo
The film is a mess, didn't enjoy it much.

Strangelove
Sry Tex, there's already a thread for this is Sci-Fi/Fantasy

SelphieT
I totally wanna see this movie smile

Darth Vicious
I really enjoyed this movie as well. I havent seen an adventure/fantasy/drama movie in spanish in ages.

Grimm22
The trailer horrified me

Seriously, goat people scare me

Aizen
Something like Not for children fary tale....exceptional and different a must see!!!

Few characters remind me of hellraiser!! He he he

Impediment
Duplicate thread. Check out the Pan's Labyrinth thead in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy Forum.

ariwin
I just saw it too - I thought it was honestly one of the top three movies I saw from the last year. Actually, it's probably tied with The Departed, for me, as movie of the year for 06

ToMacco
Originally posted by Tex
WOW!
I just saw this film on Friday. It is absolutely beautiful. The reviews have been nothing but fantastic with the word masterpiece thrown around in many of them.

Seeing as my hopes were so high I was convinced that the film would not live up to my expectations.

I was wrong.

It really is one of the best films I have ever seen. I've never seen such beauty and violence blend so masterfully in a film before. It really is a fairy tale for adults.

The ending is quite horrific though, although very beautiful at the same time, I guess that is pretty much how the movie is. Violence and beauty.

I'll go see this movie if you buy a Bob Dylan album stick out tongue

RuthlessRufus
I finally saw this last night. I thought it was good, but not as good as it's been hyped to be. The cinematography and especially the sound were amazing. I didn't like that it was sort of a one note movie, my emotions remained in the same state through the whole film. Dark. But worth seeing on the big screen.

FistOfThe North
I just saw it today for the 1st time. Didn't catch it in theatres cause it looked suspect but after watching it today, i loved it. I'm Hispanic and speak Spanish it fluently so i understood the movie outright and fortunately I didn't have to bother with reading the English subtitles with reading the sometimes aggravating subtitles.

It's gory and violent but cool. Hey, it is a fairy tale for adults, right?

I loved that monster with the eyes on the palms of his hands.

SnakeEyes
I've heard this was a GREAT film from a lot of people.

Definitely gonna have to check it out when it comes out.

Lucid Lui
Yeah, i really enjoyed this movie. And i'm especially glad i saw it at the cinema. all the more intense.

intelegent purp
creepy and dark, Alice in wonderland meets hellraiser, which were both acid fueled imaginations to begin with and the giant frog made me jump and the skin and bones man gave me nightmares, oh yeah I liked it, I liked it a lot.

botankus
Originally posted by RuthlessRufus
I finally saw this last night. I thought it was good, but not as good as it's been hyped to be. The cinematography and especially the sound were amazing. I didn't like that it was sort of a one note movie, my emotions remained in the same state through the whole film. Dark. But worth seeing on the big screen.

I agree with this guy's post. Also as a warning to anyone who hasn't seen it, there isn't nearly as much of the "fantasy" part as you might expect there to be. Didn't bother me, but to some looking for an R-Rated "Labyrinth" or whatever, it might.

cutie959
It was a good movie

=Tired Hiker=
I really enjoyed this film as well. The use of special effects was very subtle, they never went over the top. The story was unlike anything I've seen in a long time, a tragic, yet happy ending all in one. The acting was superb, especially the girl, sometimes kid actors can be annoying, but she held her own pretty good. I thought there would be more fantasy involved, but I wasn't dissappointed by the fantasy to reality ratio, it was actually perfect. I could only compare this film to 'Life Is Beautiful' meets 'Labyrinth', and I will buy this film previously viewed, being the first movie I've bought since 'The Departed'.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.