Ronan vs. Warlock (No Soul Gem)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006
Ronan was able to defeat a Herald level character in Ravenous. Can he take down Warlock.

Since Warlock does not have Soul Gem his cosmic power is fully functional.

Fight is on earth like planet in distant galaxy.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by nimbus006
Ronan was able to defeat a Herald level character in Ravenous. Since Warlock does not have Soul Gem his cosmic power is fully functional.

Ravenous > Warlock without the gem.

In fact, without the Gem, Warlock isn't even herald level.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by boriquaking55

*slaps forhead*

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/437609_1-batdudes-tourney-match-3

...go read my first post there, the first section that deals with Warlock. He's definitely capable of taking this fight.

guy222
Ronan was able to defeat a Herald level character in Ravenous. Can he take down Warlock.

Since Warlock does not have Soul Gem his cosmic power is fully functional.

Fight is on earth like planet in distant galaxy.

adam defeated thanos

adam>ronan

nimbus006
Originally posted by DigiMark007
*slaps forhead*

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/437609_1-batdudes-tourney-match-3

...go read my first post there, the first section that deals with Warlock. He's definitely capable of taking this fight.

I know he is capable of taking it... thats why i made the thread, but lets hear some discussion of how and why.

I read alot fo your posts on the tournament thread, but its a little long, so if you want to give a brief summary of what you wrote that would be nice.

"V"
Warlock owns him every time.

nimbus006
Originally posted by guy222
adam defeated thanos

adam>ronan

Lets not start making assumptions that Warlock is greater that Thanos. Adam has stated several times that Thanos is way beyond him.

nimbus006
Originally posted by "V"
Warlock owns him every time.

I don't see it that way.

Ronan is more than capable of handling his own against Adam Warlock. His hammer wields the same if not greater cosmic power than Warlock commands, their strength, endurance, durability are all about equal. Both are master strategist. Really neither character has a clear advantage. One thing i think might give the edge to Warlock is mind control, but besides thast i cant think of anything esle.

DigiMark007
I know he is capable of taking it... thats why i made the thread, but lets hear some discussion of how and why.

I read alot fo your posts on the tournament thread, but its a little long, so if you want to give a brief summary of what you wrote that would be nice.

It was more in response to braqking, not you.

complexbrother
Warlock beats Ronan's head in .

nimbus006
It was more in response to braqking, not you.

No i know, Im just curious as to your opinion. smile

nimbus006
Originally posted by complexbrother
Warlock beats Ronan's head in .

Nope. stick out tongue

guy222
Lets not start making assumptions that Warlock is greater that Thanos. Adam has stated several times that Thanos is way beyond him.

that's why warlock has defeated thanos more than anyone

i've read all the issues w/the mad titan and enclave adam

got ya

nimbus006
How many times have we seen Thanos taking on an opponent with Adam Warlock sitting on the sidelines commenting on how much more powerful they are.

nimbus006
No one esle has an opinion.

guy222
How many times have we seen Thanos taking on an opponent with Adam Warlock sitting on the sidelines commenting on how much more powerful they are.

adam's a cheerleader now laughing out loud

some of the great powers don't know adam and thanos' future

imo, adam is good, thanos is bad

Ouallada
Depends on which version of Warlock. The earlier version would take 8-9/10, as he was powerful, but also reckless. Latter Warlock takes it 9/10-10/10, due to the fact that his combat ability is severely underrated, and his ability to plot is on par as that of Thanos. Anyone who can hang with and put down herald levels is not lower than Ravenous. Ronan may be in charge of the kree no, but Warlock is in charge of this match.

DigiMark007
No i know, Im just curious as to your opinion. smile

I think Warlock has brawled with Drax and won, is smarter, faster, and much more skilled than Ravenous. I see this being a decent challenge, but a clear Warlock victory.

Priest
Warlock is a freaking powerhouse, hearld level without the soul gem imo.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by boriquaking55

actually, he's better off without it...

Evil_Ash
Ronan wins.

draxx_tOfU
if warlock can defeat quasar twice i dont see him having problems with ronan...

guy222
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
if warlock can defeat quasar twice i dont see him having problems with ronan...

co signed

Ouallada
actually, he's better off without it...

Debatable, because the gem gives Warlock a lot of nifty powers that have won him a fair number of battles. He may not seem as physically adept with the gem, but that is probably due to the fact that he is like the opposite of Thanos in battle-- Thanos does not use his niftier powers when a ***** slap suffices, while Warlock does not brawl when he has his soul gem around. Warlock is also a prime example of using cosmic power to amp oneself, as there is no way he can brawl with previous incarnations of Drax at only class 40. I say his seeing lack of physical abilities is because he simply does not amp himself up when he has his gem around.

draxx_tOfU
the gem dampens his innate cosmic abilities as the gem has vampiric tendencies of its own...

besides, adam has gained his own "soul powers" even without the gem... smile

Ouallada
Warlock is smart enough to take down almost anybody without amping himself to his normal levels. Add that to karmic blasts + soul rip, and it is hard to agree that he is weaker with it.

Besides, cosmic entities amp themselves to nigh incalculable levels. Does Warlock need to be in the Thanos strength class to hold his own in battle with his wits and soul gem abilities? I see little evidence of the soul gem inhibiting him to such an extent he is completely physically dominated. This aspect has not been fleshed out enough and hence I hesitate to state how large the inhibiting factor is.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Ouallada
Warlock is smart enough to take down almost anybody without amping himself to his normal levels. Add that to karmic blasts + soul rip, and it is hard to agree that he is weaker with it.

Besides, cosmic entities amp themselves to nigh incalculable levels. Does Warlock need to be in the Thanos strength class to hold his own in battle with his wits and soul gem abilities? I see little evidence of the soul gem inhibiting him to such an extent he is completely physically dominated. This aspect has not been fleshed out enough and hence I hesitate to state how large the inhibiting factor is.

i meant that the soul gem's vampiric tendencies sometimes takes a toll on adam...

no one is disputing adam's h2h ability...

it is through adam's indomitable will that he overcomes this...

nimbus006
I think Warlock has brawled with Drax and won, is smarter, faster, and much more skilled than Ravenous. I see this being a decent challenge, but a clear Warlock victory.

I hear you, and i think Warlock takes the majority as well, but Ronan will win some. His cybernetic armor grants him additional resilience, stamina, and strength on top of his normal enhanced levels, plus his hammer that can do a number of things like suspend/ freeze people, fire cosmic blasts, and smash faces in (i.e Ravenous smile ). He is also a really good strategist, and is incredibly smart.

I say Warlock wins 7/10.

nimbus006
adam's a cheerleader now laughing out loud

some of the great powers don't know adam and thanos' future

imo, adam is good, thanos is bad

I respect your opinion and your def. entitled to it, but yes many times when Thanos fights Adam is a "cheerleader". Maybe he is watching over Thanos to make sure he doesn't do anything to crazy. Either way he usually end up making a comment like " we have not yet seen the full extent of the Titan's power".

W/e lets not make this into another Thanos thread.

Ouallada
i meant that the soul gem's vampiric tendencies sometimes takes a toll on adam...

no one is disputing adam's h2h ability...

it is through adam's indomitable will that he overcomes this...

To me it was always a mental stress thing rather than a cosmic drain kinda effect, and thus I disagreed that it would have much bearing on Warlock's overall effectiveness. If Warlock has the will to overcome the mental stress, why is his overall power in question?

guy222
I respect your opinion and your def. entitled to it, but yes many times when Thanos fights Adam is a "cheerleader". Maybe he is watching over Thanos to make sure he doesn't do anything to crazy. Either way he usually end up making a comment like " we have not yet seen the full extent of the Titan's power".

W/e lets not make this into another Thanos thread.

i respects urs

writers do make mistakes imo adam and thanos will always have a connection smile

nimbus006
i respects urs

writers do make mistakes imo adam and thanos will always have a connection smile

I agree completely that they have a connection. Thanos and Warlock go hand in hand.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Ouallada
To me it was always a mental stress thing rather than a cosmic drain kinda effect, and thus I disagreed that it would have much bearing on Warlock's overall effectiveness. If Warlock has the will to overcome the mental stress, why is his overall power in question?

i think the soul gem was depowered when warlock left counter-earth, it was also around this time that it was explained that the gem was unique because it was the only one of the six gems that had sentience with vampiric qualities...

it was also around this time, i think, that it said that the gem affected warlock's ability to harness cosmic energy...

Loot

guy222
I agree completely that they have a connection. Thanos and Warlock go hand in hand.

have a good day, peace smile

nimbus006

Loot
Throw Drax in there for good measure.

your right i forgot, this new drax is much better

Ouallada
i think the soul gem was depowered when warlock left counter-earth, it was also around this time that it was explained that the gem was unique because it was the only one of the six gems that had sentience with vampiric qualities...

it was also around this time, i think, that it said that the gem affected warlock's ability to harness cosmic energy...

I would not say vampiric. I cannot jump to conclusions as not enough has been shown about this aspect of the gem, but I take it to be a burden on Warlock's psyche instead. IE places a mental barrier on his natural abilities. The question is whether a slight decrease in cosmic abilities, which Warlock in his later incarnations rarely relies on dominantly in his battles, can offset the huge number of nifty tricks the soul gem allows. The soul rip alone gives Warlock a majority, and the fact that Warlock is more powerful overall and is smarter gives him a large majority

guy222
Originally posted by Loot
your right i forgot, this new drax is much better

he killed thanos, and galactus owes him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.