My Battles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jason Redfield
Below I'll post some battles that I've been wondering about. Feel free to post your opinion on who would come out on top, and why you think so.

Triangle Match:

The Hulk vs. The Thing vs. Juggernaut

(if you wish, you can divide them up so they're 1 on 1 battles)

Let's see....

Hulk, in my opinion, probaly wins in strength. As far as intelligence/tactics go, I'd say Ben (The Thing) probaly has an advantage because he retains his normal human intellect. Whereas Juggernaut was always a bit brutish, and Hulk is impaired in his green form. Next up is durability, I'd say it's a tie between Juggernaut and The Thing, both have tough armor and can take a beating. Finally, in speed and maneuverability, Hulk probaly wins there. He can jump large gaps with ease, and can generate a considerable amount of speed. Although, the Juggernaut can also produce a ton of speed if he's charging someone.

This match could go anywhere, but I'd have to say The Thing would eventually be the winner.

Battle of the Elements:

Johnny Storm (The Human Torch) vs. Iceman

Interesting battle, but I believe Iceman would be reduced to a puddle of water within seconds.

Batman vs. The Punisher

Depends highly on the terrain and how close they are to each other. In open terrain, especially during the day, The Punisher would probaly be able to snipe Batman. However, in close, dark conditions, Bats could get the drop on Punisher and disarm him.

Daredevil vs. Spiderman

Spiderman's got a bit more strength, both have heightened agility and senses. It'd be a close fight. Could go either way, but I think Spidey might win.

Thor vs. Superman

Wouldn't this be fun? Thor is well... a near omnipotent god, and Superman is well... he needs no explanation. However, some people don't know that Superman is weak not only to Kryptonite, but also to magical, supernatural, or energy-based attacks. I'd say Thor's control of lightning and his Hammer fall into that category.

Thor vs. Magneto

I honestly don't know where to start on this one. Both are pretty powerful, but I'd like to say Thor is probaly the more powerful of the two.

The Human Torch vs. Pheonix

I'd say Pheonix is probaly much more powerful.

Last two:
Pheonix vs. Thor
Pheonix vs. Superman

Three of the most poweful superheroes. Tough to decide.

Symmetric Chaos

Hulk

Iceman is an Omega I think so I see him taking this

Batman vs. The Punisher

Batman cause I think he's cooler

Daredevil vs. Spiderman

Dunno probably Daredevil

Thor vs. Superman

PreCrisis Supes would take it
Current Supes would be in trouble

Thor vs. Magneto

Magneto IMO

Mismatch Pheonix takes it

nimbus006
Originally posted by Jason Redfield

Next up is durability, I'd say it's a tie between Juggernaut and The Thing, both have tough armor and can take a beating.

This match could go anywhere, but I'd have to say The Thing would eventually be the winner.

Not so. Infact Hulk is way more durable than Thing, plus he has a healing factor. As for Juggernaut, (Im assuming you mean classic) yes he is probably more durable than Hulk b/c of his shield, and crazy invulnrability, plus he can't be stopped. However, again Hulk has a healing factor and the angrier he gets not only does he get stronger, but it seems he gets more durable as well.

So i would say:

Hullk wins: 55%

Juggernaut wins: 44%

Thing wins: 1% (by some miracle)

Jason Redfield
I've always gone by the less-powerful Hulk. Meaning he's not near indestructable, doesn't heal rapidly, and actually has a limit. That's the problem with some of these versus matches, since there are different opinions on how strong certain heroes/villians are, and what their limits are. However, I get your point. In my opinion, I'd give Thing more of a chance.

And nimbus, what are your opinions on the other matches?

hulk10
Hulk,Johnny,Punisher if he has guns,DareDevil,Thor,Magnito,Phinoex,Thor, and then Superman.

tru-marvell
1....Juggs eventually over Hulk

2....Torch only if he gets in the first blast

3...?

4...No way DD beats Spider-man

5...Supes (booo)

6...Thor

7...O.k this is not even a challenge

nimbus006
I've always gone by the less-powerful Hulk. Meaning he's not near indestructable, doesn't heal rapidly, and actually has a limit. That's the problem with some of these versus matches, since there are different opinions on how strong certain heroes/villians are, and what their limits are. However, I get your point. In my opinion, I'd give Thing more of a chance.

And nimbus, what are your opinions on the other matches?

1. Hulk slightly, and mainly cuz Thing is involved which gives Hulk time to get real angry before having to take on Jugs alone. If it was Hulk vs. Jugs str8 up then i might go a different way.

2. Iceman 8.5/10 (he can survive as vapor, so Torch really can't affect him)

3. Batman 8/10 (Punisher will get a few victories simple due to mathematical odds. Batman can't win 100% of the time against someone as skilled as Punisher. He has lethal long range weapons, and is a great warfare tactician).

4. Spiderman 9.5/10 (The only thing DD has on him is fighting skills, and a few senses like hearing, smelling, and feel. Spiderman is stronger, faster, more agile, more durable, has more stamina, is smarter, and has a spider sense which is arguably more better than DD radar sense)

5. Won't even try. sad

6. Thor

7. Phoenix

8. Phoenix

9. Phoenix

inamilist

Juggs and Hulk will stalemate this forever. Hulk is probably stronger and faster, but Juggs is immune to physical attacks. So, forever, Hulk and Juggs would be exchanging blows, as Hulk has both enhanced durability and an impressive healing factor (afaik both are proportional to his rage, so would be increasing throughout the fight).

While this would seem to be an awesome fight, Marvel has upped Iceman's power by some HUGE margin. He can now exist as water vapor in the air or even without a body. He can drop molecular temperatures to absolute zero. Firelord may be a better "elemental" match-up for him, although I'm not sure if Iceman is really herald level.

Batman vs. The Punisher

In a realistic conflict, there is no way that someone with Batman's training and expertise is going to beat someone with the Punisher's. Martial artists don't beat armed special ops agents.

In a comic book setting, I think you have it right. Pun from a distance, bats in close.

Daredevil vs. Spiderman

I agree with you on spidey, but there are lots of people who give this to DD somehow

Thor vs. Superman

Again, I agree with your interpretation here. I think Thor takes the man of steel down.... unless he is speedblitzed... I don't know how fast Thor is wink

Thor vs. Magneto

With his magical powers Thor really overpowers Magneto. Although, there are scans of magneto affecting his hammer in mid flight and his forcefield withstanding a blow from Thor.

Phoenix would probably win this, not because of her fire powers, but because of her psychic powers. Human Torch has no defense against having his brain shut down by Jean

Last two:
Pheonix vs. Thor
Pheonix vs. Superman

There are multiple versions of Phoenix that you need to specify between on these fights. Prior to the Dark Phoenix saga, Jean was fairly powerful, but no match for either Superman or Thor

After Dark Phoenix, she became incredibly powerful, to the point where she would dominate these two (basically, she was the thing that created and ended universes).

I think there is a third version that falls in between, I've heard mentioned at Surfer level, which makes these VERY good fights, although I am going to lean to Jean for the win.

Jason Redfield
First of all, I'd like to apoligize, mostly for my lack of comic knowledge. I really don't read many comics, so I don't know any recent or not so recent upgrades, variations, etc. that have been given to any of the super heroes.

I wasn't aware Iceman could survive as water vapor. That seems a bit... awkward. I get it though.

And as for the last two fights, I'd say the Pheonix you're desribing as the third level is probaly what fits my profile of her. Not super-poweful, but still very much a force to be reckoned with.

I'd like to thank everyone for their opinions, especially nimbus and inamilist.

Ah, I just thought of two more possible matches.

Pyro vs. The Human Torch.

Quite interesting.... Could Pyro steal some of the Torch's flame? If so, I think Pyro, even if he's not as powerful, might come out on top simply because he can actually manipulate and control fire.

Destroyer vs. Magneto

I don't know how popular Destroyer is. I read about him (or rather, "it"wink and from what I understand, it's a near indestructable, untiring, piece of evil armor that is bound with a life force. Apperantly, many heroes, naminly Thor, have gone up against it, and have never been able to defeat it head-to-head; Simply because it doesn't fatigue and is basically, as said before, indestructable. However, since it's a type of armor, I'm assuming it's made of metal, correct?

Magento manipulates metal... you get the point.

nimbus006
Pyro would not be able to manipulate Torch's flames b/c Torch is too fast and too powerful, making it very difficult for Pyro to concentrate hard enough to control Johnny's flame. On top of that Pyro would not be able to hurt Torch, b/c he is imune to fire, as opposed to Pyro who can be hurt by fire he does not control.

Torch takes this 10/10

inamilist

Pyro vs. The Human Torch.

Nimbus covered this really well. Torch is what Pyro dreams about being someday

I think It would be an interesting match, I think its a really cool match, its just unfortunate that Pyro has no means of harming torch, since his only weapon is fire.

Destroyer vs. Magneto

Again, you have really interesting ideas behind your fights.

Magneto is amazing, but I am very skeptical that he could do anything to the Destroyer that Thor couldn't. Another thread on the main page has him against an earlier version of Darkseid, who, as far as I know, is a match for the full JLA.

Kaos sebaceous
i disagree if pyro can manipulate fire why cant he take control of johnny and throw him against buildings and such i still think johnny wins this but not as easy as you think

inamilist
Originally posted by Kaos sebaceous
i disagree if pyro can manipulate fire why cant he take control of johnny and throw him against buildings and such i still think johnny wins this but not as easy as you think

thats not bad. Maybe not "throw" him, but use his own flame propulsion or whatever against him.

You are going to have a tough time convincing anyone on this board that Pyro can control Johnny's flames though.

tru-marvell
you guys forget that Johnny also can controle other fires/flames besides his own. The battle would come down to either who is smarter (Johnny) or/and who can withstand the greatest temp.

I always wondered how it's possible for torch to breath...any explainations.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by tru-marvell

I always wondered how it's possible for torch to breath...any explainations.

comicbook physics

or heat proof lungs

Soljer
The Juggernaut either wins (via knock out or battle field removal) or perpetually stalemates the Hulk. No other outcome is possible.

Iceman. In a stomp. If you have to ask, you don't know NEARLY enough about Iceman. I'll be happy to educate you.

Batman vs. The Punisher

Batman. Another stomp. He's been taking out trained gunmen all his life. The Punisher isn't anything special to Bruce.

Daredevil vs. Spiderman
Spiderman. Class twenty strength, insane speed, spider sense, he takes a healthy majority. Let's see someone post the scan of Dardevil saying "I just can't keep up!"

Thor vs. Superman
Good fight. I usually give Thor the win due to his versatility. It will be put to the test here. If Thor uses his exotic Mjolnir powers, he'll win more often than not. If he tries to fight head on, it'll be pretty much a fifty fifty match. Unless Superman speedblitzes him.

So, Thor vs. Superman, we have A) Exotic Mjolnir powers B) Blow to blow or C) speedblitz.

In the event of A, Thor would probably win like 8-9/10. In B, it would be more or less 5/10 to either combatant. In scenario C, Superman takes a larger majority.

Thor vs. Magneto

Magneto has magnetized uru before. Not that it'll do him a ton of good, because Thor will just sap the magentic field from Erik. He's done it before. Nighty night Mags.

The phoenix is a cosmic entity of the highest order. Even if you don't rate her as highly as GalacticStorm does, the Torch is still no match for her. Even Mr. Master would agree the Phoenix shit stomps Johnny.

Pheonix vs. Thor
Pheonix vs. Superman

See above. No contest.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Soljer
The Juggernaut either wins (via knock out or battle field removal) or perpetually stalemates the Hulk. No other outcome is possible.

I don't agree. Hulk's gimmick is to get stronger the longer the fight goes on, and since his rage is potentially infinite, so is his strength. Therefore, if the fight goes on for long enough, I say Hulk would eventually become powerful enough to take Juggernaut out, even if it is by knocking him to the next galaxy.

The Thing is a bit out-classed here, I'd say.

I don't know about the stomp, since I'm sure Johnny is an experienced fighter and might have few tricks up his sleeve - but I agree about the eventual outcome.

Agreed.

Agreed.

I read the JLA/Avengers cross-over where Thor and Supes battled it out, and whether it was canon or not, it was a really cool fight - so until someone shows me another cool fight like that, I'd say Supes takes it - as long as Thor chooses to meet Supes in warrior/battle combat mode, and as long as he doesn't use magic spells (his hammer and lightning doesn't count, because Thor doesn't use them as magic spells, he uses them as weapons, which Supes is strong and tougn enough to handle).

I don't know too much about exactly where each have their limits, so I'd rather not say - should be a very cool fight though.

Agreed.

Soljer
In response to Johnny Storm vs. Iceman -

Storm can be as experienced as he wants to be, unless he is now a molecular manipulator, he hasn't a chance in hell.

He nova's iceman, evaporates him, and all that does is put Iceman into his consciousness form.

Iceman spreads out, simultaneously exists EVERYWHERE in the world, and douses Johnny with about 1.35 E 18 tonnes of water.

Or just flash-freezes him, rips the water out of his body, or removes his head from his body.

Priest
Triangle Match:

Im assuming current versions, if so, Hulk wins this. Juggernaut can put up a decent fight but without the gem juggernaut is anything but unstoppable. Thing would as well edge out current juggy. Hulk is stronger, faster, and possially more durable than the other 2, hulk for the win people.
But... Classic Juggernaut would give the hulk a hell of a fight, no way hulk's beating classic juggy wihout a BFR. Thing would come in 3rd, and Classic Juggy will edge the hulk out for the win.

Battle of the Elements:

Omega Iceman is way too powerfull now a days, he can survive in any envionment pretty much, and can survive in any state of matter, meaning he's still alive in a gas state. Im not sure if a super nova can take Iceman down for good, but i still give the edge to Iceman here. it would be more difficult for jonny to take down iceman, and it would be alot easier for Iceman to take down Jonny.

Batman vs. The Punisher
Punisher ftw, more ruthless and willing to kill. unless batman has prep he's not going to win.

Daredevil vs. Spiderman
Spiderman 10/10. Spidey is more agile, a hell of a lot stonger, duriable, and has spidey sence. without PIS/CIS spiderman in reaility should never lose to DareDevil, but thats just my opinion.

Thor vs. Superman
very controversial opic on this forum. But Id say thor take superman man down. Superman maybe faster than Thor, but thor is familier in fighing guys with a speed advanage, (Surfer).
Thor does also have a advantage in the figing skills department, if superman decides to go hand to hand against thor, with his thousands of years of fighting experiance, superman man will get rocked.
The Mljinor that Thor weilds gives him a imence advantage in this fight. the hammer is too versitile, and its powered by Odin. Mljinor packs potent magic that will be superman downfall.
Thor wins 7/10

Thor vs. Magneto
Its been done in comics, thor wins with little problems. Thor can absorb Magneto's sheilds with his trusty Mlijonr, after that, lights out for Maggs.

not even a fight, pheonix 10/10

Last two:
Pheonix vs. Thor
Pheonix vs. Superman
Thor and Superman looses individually.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Kaos sebaceous

To answer your question you have to understand Pyro's power.

He has the ability to manipulate (not create) fire through mental concentration.

Now, there are limits to Pyro's abilities.

1. Distance- if the flames are to far (rougly over 100yds) he cannot manipulate said fires.

2. Speed- If he can't concentrate on it b/c its going to fast (Johnny is very fast) then he can't manipulate it.

3. Power- Most importantly, Johnny is a more powerful fire manipulator than Pyro, and as such has much greater control over his own flames than Pyro could ever have.

On top of all that Torch cannot be hurt by any flames (save cosmic) that Pyro is capable of controlling. On the other hand Pyro can be hurt by external fires not in his control.

So, the result of this is Torch winning 10/10.

nimbus006
Originally posted by tru-marvell
you guys forget that Johnny also can controle other fires/flames besides his own. The battle would come down to either who is smarter (Johnny) or/and who can withstand the greatest temp.

Who can withstand the greatest temp. is a pretty obvious answer.

Kaos sebaceous
wouldent they have to be able to see eachother to fight.Pyro has to see a flame to manipulate it and if you say johnny will just throw fireballs at him pyro can still take control of that fire........................................................and i never said pyro would win.i also never said pyro could hurt johnny with his flames either but wouldent solid objects hurt him.Pyro wouldent be able to win this fight he is less experienced and not as powerful

Jason Redfield
Again, as pretty much everyone here knows more about the comic characters than myself, I trust in your opinions. And Soljer, I might take you up on that offer concerning Iceman 101 wink

As for the Johnny vs. Pyro match, I understand now. I see Pyro's limits and whatnot, thanks.

As for the Punisher vs. Batman debate. I still go by what I opinionated earlier. I'd say, experience or no, Batman doesn't have much of a chance if he's in an open space, especially during the day, unless he gets very resourceful, which is very much a possibility. Someone said before, Punisher is more willing to kill. That's true. That may or may not be Batman's downfall in this battle. However, Bats could simply K.O. him after he ambushes him, if the situation goes that way. So, I still say, in my personal opinion, that the battle could go either way, depending on variables. I respect others' opinions.

I just thought up a few more battles.

Blade vs. Deadpool

Honestly, I don't know much about Deadpool, but from what I hear, he's somewhat of a cross between Wolverine and The Punisher. He's a highly trained assassin with an insane healing factor (correct me if I'm wrong), and uses a combination of small arms and melee weapons such as swords, knives, etc. His healing factor seems to be his major advantage.

I know a decent amount about Blade.

Some might give this battle to Deadpool straight-up. I'd understand if you did, especially if it got down to close-combat.

Most of Blade's weapons would be useless, save one. His vials of explosive chemicals, which I cannot remember the name of. Now, I'm pretty sure these would only react to vampire blood, however, what if given preparation, he could manipulate them to react with Deadpool's altered bloodstream? Not likely, but a small chance nontheless. After all, seeing what those chemicals can do to vampires, if that happened to Deadpool, I doubt all the healing factor in the world could save you from that, I mean after all, how can you regenerate when your body implodes? Again, correct any of my misconceptions.

Another Triangle Match

The Thing vs. Rhino vs. The Blob

Tough one. I'm not sure about the Blob, but he seems almost like a pushover. I eventually believe that the fight would come down to The Thing and Rhino, in which I believe Thing's superior skills and armor would save him.

Again, opinions and corrections appreciated.

Kaos sebaceous
blade also can regenerate right and he has superhuman strength and all that?i actually see that fight as a stalemate i really dont know how strong blade is so thats my guess

Jason Redfield
From what I've seen, Blade's regeneration is slower than what is said of Deadpool's.

Dreampanther
Deadpool will tear Blade to pieces

Soljer

Blade vs. Deadpool

Honestly, I don't know much about Deadpool, but from what I hear, he's somewhat of a cross between Wolverine and The Punisher. He's a highly trained assassin with an insane healing factor (correct me if I'm wrong), and uses a combination of small arms and melee weapons such as swords, knives, etc. His healing factor seems to be his major advantage.

I know a decent amount about Blade.

Some might give this battle to Deadpool straight-up. I'd understand if you did, especially if it got down to close-combat.

Most of Blade's weapons would be useless, save one. His vials of explosive chemicals, which I cannot remember the name of. Now, I'm pretty sure these would only react to vampire blood, however, what if given preparation, he could manipulate them to react with Deadpool's altered bloodstream? Not likely, but a small chance nontheless. After all, seeing what those chemicals can do to vampires, if that happened to Deadpool, I doubt all the healing factor in the world could save you from that, I mean after all, how can you regenerate when your body implodes? Again, correct any of my misconceptions.

Deadpool healed from liquification.

Literally. He was liquified, and was thrown up by another character, and reformed.

He was talking and making witty remarks as his body was re-created from sludge.

Also, Deadpool has regularly used explosives on himself in order to 'kamikaze' an enemy. He always heals rather quickly.

He's also insanely skilled, has enhanced strength, speed, and agility, and could simply talk Blade to death if he were so inclined.

guy222
Below I'll post some battles that I've been wondering about. Feel free to post your opinion on who would come out on top, and why you think so.

Triangle Match:

(if you wish, you can divide them up so they're 1 on 1 battles)

Let's see....

Hulk, in my opinion, probaly wins in strength. As far as intelligence/tactics go, I'd say Ben (The Thing) probaly has an advantage because he retains his normal human intellect. Whereas Juggernaut was always a bit brutish, and Hulk is impaired in his green form. Next up is durability, I'd say it's a tie between Juggernaut and The Thing, both have tough armor and can take a beating. Finally, in speed and maneuverability, Hulk probaly wins there. He can jump large gaps with ease, and can generate a considerable amount of speed. Although, the Juggernaut can also produce a ton of speed if he's charging someone.

Battle of the Elements:

Interesting battle, but I believe Iceman would be reduced to a puddle of water within seconds.

Batman vs. The Punisher

Depends highly on the terrain and how close they are to each other. In open terrain, especially during the day, The Punisher would probaly be able to snipe Batman. However, in close, dark conditions, Bats could get the drop on Punisher and disarm him.

Daredevil vs. Spiderman

Spiderman's got a bit more strength, both have heightened agility and senses. It'd be a close fight. Could go either way, but I think Spidey might win.

Thor vs. Superman

Wouldn't this be fun? Thor is well... a near omnipotent god, and Superman is well... he needs no explanation. However, some people don't know that Superman is weak not only to Kryptonite, but also to magical, supernatural, or energy-based attacks. I'd say Thor's control of lightning and his Hammer fall into that category.

Thor vs. Magneto

I honestly don't know where to start on this one. Both are pretty powerful, but I'd like to say Thor is probaly the more powerful of the two.

I'd say Pheonix is probaly much more powerful.

Last two:
Pheonix vs. Thor
Pheonix vs. Superman

Three of the most poweful superheroes. Tough to decide.

1. hulk 2. iceman 3. batman 4. spidey 5. thor 6. thor 7-9 phoenix force

Jason Redfield
Deadpool is pretty overpowered then :- /

That's my problem with a lot of super heroes/villains, they're WAY overpowered; Deadpool, to name one such overpowered mutant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.