Heavyweight Showdown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BobbyD
Thanos
Darkseid
Juggernaut
Doomsday

vs

Onslaught
Dr. Strange
SS
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Thor

No prep...random encounter.

Soljer
Hmmm, good fight, I must say.

Thanos can likely worry about the herald-levellers himself. Surfer, Diana, J'onn, and Thor are outta the fight.

Doomsday could probably tangle with one of them, in order to alleviate some of the pressure on Thanos.

As could the Juggernaut assuming he doesn't just get shit-stomped via Thor's magical expertise.

But that is negligible compared to the real match at hand:

Darkseid versus Strange and Onslaught.

Hmmm...

What version Darkseid, Strange, and Onslaught are we using?

Current Strange is pitiful. If we use classic, he's a powerhouse. What powers does Onslaught possess for this fight?

And, perhaps most importantly, what version of Darkseid is this?

outarddwarf
Team one

BobbyD
Originally posted by Soljer
Hmmm, good fight, I must say.

Thanos can likely worry about the herald-levellers himself. Surfer, Diana, J'onn, and Thor are outta the fight.

Doomsday could probably tangle with one of them, in order to alleviate some of the pressure on Thanos.

As could the Juggernaut assuming he doesn't just get shit-stomped via Thor's magical expertise.

But that is negligible compared to the real match at hand:

Darkseid versus Strange and Onslaught.

Hmmm...

What version Darkseid, Strange, and Onslaught are we using?

Current Strange is pitiful. If we use classic, he's a powerhouse. What powers does Onslaught possess for this fight?

And, perhaps most importantly, what version of Darkseid is this?

Not PC Darkseid, for sure. He could pimp slap the whole other team by himself.

Soljer
Originally posted by BobbyD
Not PC Darkseid, for sure. He could pimp slap the whole other team by himself.

Darkseid was unaffected by the crisis.

If this is pathetic, jobbing Darkseid, versus the 'ultimate' evolution of Onslaught and full-potential Strange, then it is quite clear that team two would win.

Alternatively, if this is Darkseid written at his highest showings, then he is quite the skyfather and the likes of Onslaught and Strange would likely be useless. Especially if we use the weaker versions of Onslaught and Strange.

Hence, the version of each character needs to be clarified.

Same goes for Doomsday. Gog Wars? Death of Superman? Hunter Prey?

BobbyD
Darkseid was unaffected by the crisis.

If this is pathetic, jobbing Darkseid, versus the 'ultimate' evolution of Onslaught and full-potential Strange, then it is quite clear that team two would win.

Alternatively, if this is Darkseid written at his highest showings, then he is quite the skyfather and the likes of Onslaught and Strange would likely be useless. Especially if we use the weaker versions of Onslaught and Strange.

Hence, the version of each character needs to be clarified.

Same goes for Doomsday. Gog Wars? Death of Superman? Hunter Prey?

I know this comes off ambiguous, but can't I just say "classic" characters. Now, to many I know that means PC Darkseid, but that's not who is in this thread.

Soljer
You said it yourself - it's ambiguous. When people start assuming certain things about certain characters, it hurts the entire debate, hence my call for clarity.

BobbyD
Okay, for clarification....

Death of Superman Doomsday
FP Strange

Reg/classic, Onslaught? I didn't know he fully evolved into something ("ulitmate"wink greater.

Soljer
Okay, for clarification....

Death of Superman Doomsday
FP Strange

Reg/classic, Onslaught? I didn't know he fully evolved into something ("ulitmate"wink greater.

Well, at a point he was just Magneto and Xavier.

Later he had the powers of X-Man and Franklin Richards in addition.

BobbyD
Well, at a point he was just Magneto and Xavier.

Later he had the powers of X-Man and Franklin Richards in addition.

Jeepers, with Franklin Richards power that would be insanity.

No, I'm referring to just the combined might of Prof X and Mags.

guy222
Thanos
Darkseid
Juggernaut
Doomsday

vs

Onslaught
Dr. Strange
SS
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Thor

Onslaught/DS/SS/WW/MM/Thor ftw

mykke
team one, thanos and darkseid on the same team is scary

Symmetric Chaos
Thanos
Darkseid
Juggernaut
Doomsday

vs

Onslaught
Dr. Strange
SS
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Thor

Juggy is out early by Strange or Thor unless the villians take the time to protect him.
Doomsday probably can't adapt to magic on Strange's level so odds are he's out.

Thanos can take out SS, WW, MM and Thor unless they have some sort of great backing from Strange.

If the heroes play it smart they'll form up around Strange to buy him time to pull out some really big guns.

If the villians play it smart they'll try to blitz Strange to take him out of the picture. I'd say DS could use the OE for a kill or to teleport him a way for a bit.

hmm I'd say team one can take a majority.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.