Rogue vs Absorbing Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BetaRayBill
Who wins? I'm not sure, or would they both absorb each other?

Bentley
No CIS Absorbing man wins, he can turn into something and Rogue doesnt absorb non-organic beings (she doesnt absorb Cyclops beans does she?), considering that, she goes down hard.

guy222
Originally posted by BetaRayBill
Who wins? I'm not sure, or would they both absorb each other?

rogue

python99
Rouge wins, She is already physically stronger than absorbing man to begin with. Yeah we all know absorbing man has taken on Spidey and the Hulk but realistically Rogue doesn't need to absorb him to beat him. Its a great battle but I give her 7-10

darthgoober
AM absorbs her mind from a distance for the win.

python99
Originally posted by Bentley
No CIS Absorbing man wins, he can turn into something and Rogue doesnt absorb non-organic beings (she doesnt absorb Cyclops beans does she?), considering that, she goes down hard.

She can absorb Cyclops. I also think she can absorb Absorbing Man. Why? simple. If she can absorb the thing why cant she absorb Absorbing Man? The Thing's rock hard skin is his actual skin there for can be absorbed. So what ever Absorbing man Absorbs will the be his skin there for she should be able to absorb it. this may not have been proven but it is logical.

darthgoober
Originally posted by python99
She can absorb Cyclops. I also think she can absorb Absorbing Man. Why? simple. If she can absorb the thing why cant she absorb Absorbing Man? The Thing's rock hard skin is his actual skin there for can be absorbed. So what ever Absorbing man Absorbs will the be his skin there for she should be able to absorb it. this may not have been proven but it is logical.
He wasn't saying that she can't absorb Cyclops's powers, he was saying that she doesn't absorb the energy from his blast, AM would. Anyway, if she actually managed to touch him she might be able to absorb his powers, but he can absorb her mind before she gets the chance.

python99
Originally posted by darthgoober
He wasn't saying that she can't absorb Cyclops's powers, he was saying that she doesn't absorb the energy from his blast, AM would. Anyway, if she actually managed to touch him she might be able to absorb his powers, but he can absorb her mind before she gets the chance.

OHHHHHHHHHH confused

Bentley
If Absobing man becomes light, Rogue is doomed.

Symmetric Chaos
Abosrbing Man turns into the nearby land scape and pummels Rogue

Redatom65
They fall in love have intercourse. It depends who does all the work i guess...

What If...
I really don't see AM absorbing her mind when she has a triple personality with herself/Ms.Marvel/ and Sunfire, not to mention the lingering minds of every single person she has ever touched.

darthgoober
Originally posted by What If...
I really don't see AM absorbing her mind when she has a triple personality with herself/Ms.Marvel/ and Sunfire, not to mention the lingering minds of every single person she has ever touched.
The Hulk has God only knows how many personalities inside his head, and AM still absorbed his mind no problem.

Accel
I believe you're talking about the Absorbing Man who showed the ability to absorb minds in Bruce Jones's run of the Hulk.

That version was retconned as an alternate Creel in PAD's Captain Marvel series.

bigbran
Anyway, there is really no reason as to why she can put him down.

What If...
...why would the Hulk have more than Bruce/Hulk in his head?

Aqua-pimp
Gues it depands on who sucks the hardest and fastest...energy and ..stuff shifty
So i gues i have to go with Rogue laughing out loud

cool

Madvillain
Absorbing Man

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by What If...
...why would the Hulk have more than Bruce/Hulk in his head?

Bruce has like six personalities all of which fight for control

rougeredmage
this is actually a harder battle then it first seems. however i personaly think that absorbing mans main weakness is that he is not the brightest dr doom in the bunch is he. hasnt he been tricked to absorb into things like water and cardboard. i think there is a big difference between the mind of rogue and the mind of hulk. hulks mind is essentially one mine shattered int various splinter personaltiees to make a whole. while rogue has her own mind which has been added to and melded with external personalities. i dont think rogue would want to actually absorb him it would be stupid of her is she did. i can see this been about a 6/4 win for rogue with her getting the slight advantage from haveing a slightly more strategic brain

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by python99
Thing's rock hard skin is organic though. I think Absorbing Man essentially becomes a golem when he absorbs something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.