Stupid Movie Names

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spidey-dude
what movie you think have a stupid title ?

spidey-dude
herbie fully loaded
dunston checks in
I robot
seed of chucky
and many others

sithsaber408
Originally posted by spidey-dude
herbie fully loaded
dunston checks in
I robot
seed of chucky
and many others

I, Robot isn't a stupid title if you'd read the book. erm

I'm gonna go with The Squid and the Whale

InnerRise
Snakes on a Plane.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

AstroFan
Why did this take 2 posts to start? confused

InnerRise
Originally posted by AstroFan
Why did this take 2 posts to start? confused Who knows? shrug

systemshock2
"Lucky Number Slevin" is an annoying movie name because it forces you to reread it again and say it correctly.

InnerRise
Originally posted by systemshock2
"Lucky Number Slevin" is an annoying movie name because it forces you to reread it again and say it correctly. Unless you get it right the first time. erm

spidey-dude
Originally posted by sithsaber408
I, Robot isn't a stupid title if you'd read the book. erm

I'm gonna go with The Squid and the Whale im not talking about the book. im talking about the movie

systemshock2
Originally posted by InnerRise
Unless you get it right the first time. erm

That's actually part of the point. Even if you do "get it right the first time", the title itself, at least from a marketing standpoint, is a horrible one.

Any title of anything has to follow certain unwritten rules in order to appease the public (I know this because I'm a double business major and I've done projects involving coming up with a fake business product from scratch). One unwritten rule is to try not to use more than three syllables or words in your company or title, whichever is greater (i.e. Best Buy, McDonalds, Wal-Mart, Superman Returns, The Davinci Code, Miami Vice, and so on). Of course some titles get away with it (that whole Borat title comes to mind) but those are the rare exception. K.I.S.S is the basis for this.

Another unwritten rule is to not do any kind of gimmicky play on words or letters with your title or else it'll put off the consumer and make them feel uncomfortable. Such is the case with "Lucky Number Slevin". Just google "Lucky Number Slevin worst title" and you'll see what I mean. I know such a matter might seem inane, but each day whenever you step into a store or eat a restaurant, there's tiny specific things that were done in said place in order to help appease your experience with the company, product, business, etc.

InnerRise
Interesting.

Strangelove
im not talking about the book. im talking about the movie it's a movie based on a book. You have to take the two hand in hand

Silverstein
some people just dont get it Strangelove

only stupid name that comes to mind is:

Snakes On A Plane (mentioned above) and Lady In The Water

...and these titles basically described main point of the movie

Strangelove
Originally posted by Silverstein
some people just dont get it StrangeloveI guess roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Coal
Snatch and Blow both made me think they were gonna be a little, ahem, different, to what they are....

PVS
i think "the indian in the cupboard" wins this thread

botankus
Indian in the Cupboard is extremely tough to beat, but in 2007 I cringe every time I hear Little Miss Sunshine.

batcavenumber1
I'm not particular with the title of the movie, Its the movie that is important.

doan_m
Originally posted by Silverstein

Snakes On A Plane
IIRC They did consider giving it another name and wanted to change the name to something along the name of flight 175(or something like that). But then Samuel Jackson said that the name was one of the reasons why he signed up to be on that movie. Personally I'm quite fine with it.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by InnerRise
Snakes on a Plane.

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... the name matches with the movie. what name you think they should have put for the movie then ?

jaden101
bubba ho-tep

botankus
the name matches with the movie. what name you think they should have put for the movie then ?

Yeah, it's probably better than something like "Fang Air" or "First Strike"

spidey-dude
epic sounds lame for a movie

Strangelove
Originally posted by jaden101
bubba ho-tep Blasphemy shock

dirkdirden
XXX
XXX - 2

Fast and the furious
2 fast 2 furious
3 fast 3 furious
4 fast 4 furious

Shawshank redemption

Wolfie
The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies
Originally posted by botankus
Indian in the Cupboard is extremely tough to beat, but in 2007 I cringe every time I hear Little Miss Sunshine.
Like the argument for I, Robot, Indian in the Cupboard is the name of the book. Don't blame the movie if you dislike the title.

jaden101
Originally posted by Strangelove
Blasphemy shock

you trying to say it isn't a daft name?

botankus
Originally posted by Wolfie
The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies

Like the argument for I, Robot, Indian in the Cupboard is the name of the book. Don't blame the movie if you dislike the title.

Okay.

It's still a stupid movie name, which is the name of the thread.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by botankus
Okay.

It's still a stupid movie name, which is the name of the thread. matches with the topic

EPIIIBITES
Oh I got a beaut...

"Benji: THE HUNTED"

wt...!!!???

Mr Parker
the phantom menace star wars movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.