Dr. Doom and Kang the Conqueror versus Lex Luthor and Brainiac

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
1 week prep

Which diabolical team wins?

guy222
Originally posted by masterbruce
1 week prep

Which diabolical team wins?

team 1

inamilist
Do Lex or Brainiac have any perceivable way of countering time travel?

masterbruce
Originally posted by inamilist
Do Lex or Brainiac have any perceivable way of countering time travel?

Kang won't be allowed to use Time Travel during the battle or to eliminate his competition. He may use it for prep, however.

inamilist
so, that means he has infinite prep time

and can go visit his own future to see what Lex and Brain do, or send a camera

Time travel..... TIME.

I don't understand how a character like Kang can loose...

masterbruce
so, that means he has infinite prep time

and can go visit his own future to see what Lex and Brain do, or send a camera

Time travel..... TIME.

I don't understand how a character like Kang can loose...

No, he still only has a week. If he spends a day in the future, he has one less day left.

Also, he cannot use time travel to see the outcome of this battle or spy on his competition.

inamilist
If you aren't going to let people use time travel to its fullest you shouldn't put them in the match

Without time travel, Kang is not really that big of a threat. Sure he will be a ***** to fight, but all these other guys are going to be right in their element. You might as well say that doom can't use Latveria or that Luthor has to have a partial frontal lobotomy.

masterbruce
If you aren't going to let people use time travel to its fullest you shouldn't put them in the match

Without time travel, Kang is not really that big of a threat. Sure he will be a ***** to fight, but all these other guys are going to be right in their element. You might as well say that doom can't use Latveria or that Luthor has to have a partial frontal lobotomy.

Kang CAN use time travel for PREP...ie go into the future to get all his advanced weaponry and technology.

inamilist
ok, but that is the least effective use of time travel.

Doom has things comparable to what Kang has at his disposal in the present, plus Magical abilities that rival some of the upper tier casters in the MU.

I see what you are saying, I just think this is a mismatch. There is no use handicapping Kang, because then its really not the same fight. Put Richards in there instead of Kang and you probably have something great

masterbruce
ok, but that is the least effective use of time travel.

Doom has things comparable to what Kang has at his disposal in the present, plus Magical abilities that rival some of the upper tier casters in the MU.

I see what you are saying, I just think this is a mismatch. There is no use handicapping Kang, because then its really not the same fight. Put Richards in there instead of Kang and you probably have something great

Well, if I didn't limit Kang's time travel abilities, then this match would be pointless no? Kang could either travel to the past and get rid of Luthor and Brainiac before their creation or go into the future and learn how to defeat them and Lex and Brainiac would have no way of countering.

Also, Kang has tech far beyond Doom, I believe.

Madvillain
booooooooo

inamilist
Well, if I didn't limit Kang's time travel abilities, then this match would be pointless no? Kang could either travel to the past and get rid of Luthor and Brainiac before their creation or go into the future and learn how to defeat them and Lex and Brainiac would have no way of countering.

Also, Kang has tech far beyond Doom, I believe.

thats what I mean though

Kang is a bad match for the other three

masterbruce
thats what I mean though

Kang is a bad match for the other three

I've see Kang defeat the entire Avengers (w/ Thor), so he's certainly no slouch.

guy222
I've see Kang defeat the entire Avengers (w/ Thor), so he's certainly no slouch.

Kang>Doom=Reed. Kang ftw

WorldWarHulk
Originally posted by guy222
Kang>Doom=Reed. Kang ftw Doom already beat Kang.

Doom also has a time machine.

Doom>Kang.

guy222
Originally posted by WorldWarHulk
Doom already beat Kang.

Doom also has a time machine.

Doom>Kang.

Interesting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.