Star Wars Costumes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Do you have a Star Wars Costume, if so which one is it? Do you wear it out to Star Wars events? I don't really have a costume that I'd wear, though I do own the child's Darth Maul costume. I was wondering where I could get a quality Star Wars costume without spending a fortune.

finti
no to all of the above (questions)

Dexx
same here. Even if i would have one..i doubt i would leave my room in it

yerssot
nothing, happy with it

Julie
no no and no....gee and here I thought I was the only poor soul without a star wars costume wink

Mujaffa
well their pretty expensive... a storm trooper costume has a price of 5,000 $

Julie
Ouch...good thing I didn't have my heart set on being a storm trooper...I'm definately too short....and I haven't got that kinda money lying around

Corran
Are you as short as Mark Hamill?

I think if I were to buy a costume it would be a Darth Vader one, and possibly a Jedi robe one too.

Where would be the best place to get said items from?

Julie
I don't know....I'd probably get the jedi robes if I were to buy a costume. I did find a really nice star wars costume site...and then I forgot where it was

Corran
Then please try to remember dear.

Julie
*sigh* I'll go check.....BRB

Julie
i really can't find the site I wa at last time....if you go to www.google.com and type in "Star Wars Costumes" there will be a whole load of costume sites....nightmare.com sounded like a decent one...

Corran
Thank you, your too kind.

Mujaffa
http://www.jedirobe.com/dmaul-saber.html

Corran
Oh cool.

Julie
I haven't gotten my costue yet.....but one day.....
BTW how many people are planning on being a Star Wars related character for Halloween....you know even just to take your kids out or something. or to go get candy to rot you own teeth big grin

Corran
Cool Idea, I think I might do that, I'll need to get another lightsabre so there's no fighting over it.

Mujaffa
i foun da site where you get an lightsaber for 50 $ they make under an hour and you get blades in the price aswell

Julie
What kind of lightsaber are you talking about....the cheapest ones can be gotten for $6.00....now and I got mine for $3.00 last year I think.

Corran
They can't be the ones with the sound effects.

mah

Corran

Julie
of course not...the one with sound effects is around $20.00

Arien
dont know exactly how much they cost here on my planet. sound doesnt really matter too much, tho, cuz if u were really creative u could make ur own sound. o, and btw about the costumes- if u really want robes, there are patterns available, and u could probably talk someone into sitting down and trying to sew........its a nightmare, tho, so keep ur saber ready!

GordonSkywalker
My last apprentice liked to travel incognito as Darth Maul. Though how anyone could not notice something like that walking down the street is beyond me. As a young padawan I used to dress up like Darth Vader.

Julie
hmmm.....never did the dressing up like a star wars character thing

GordonSkywalker
I had a weird apprentice.

Julie
no I just wasn't really into star wars as a smallish child

GordonSkywalker
I was always into dressing like Darth Vader when I was a child. Either that or Han Solo.They were both my favorites from the original series.

Julie
do you have a new favorite,.....from the new series or do you stick to the old favs?

GordonSkywalker
Well I really like Anakin Skywalker and half the time feel like him. Too much reading before bed! I'll start dreaming about fighting in the Clone Wars or something!

Julie
ha...I used to do that with soccer, but never with the clone wars

GordonSkywalker
I would like to see you in a Star Wars costume!

Julie
hmmm....perhaps if you make it to Celebration III...I might show up in a sw costume

GordonSkywalker
big grin

Julie
That's quite some time off, but I really would like to make it there...hopefully I'll be able to volunteer or something

GordonSkywalker
I'm terribly sorry, I forgot what we were talking about.

Julie
SW celebration III

GordonSkywalker
Right. I have to admit this is the first I have heard of it. I doubt I would be going all the way to Britain. I seldom travel and when I do it's usually within my home state. One day I'll get to travel though...and England is the first place I will go to.

Julie
confused What's with Britain?
Celebration III will most likely be in Indiana

GordonSkywalker
Somebody around here was talking about everybody meeting in Britain for some big celebration wearing our best Star Wars costumes. I must have misunderstood them.

Julie
oh that's something different

GordonSkywalker
Ah well my mind probably got tired and I forgot some of the details to what they were saying. But I would still love to see you dressed up! Me ?I can always revive my Vader routine. laughing

Julie
no I think that they do want to meet...the thing is that SW Celebration III is something stateside

GordonSkywalker
Oh I see. So there are two seperate functions going on then.

Julie
yes...2 separate things...I want to go to the Indiana thing....but I doubt I'll make it there...too much else to do....school and all that

GordonSkywalker
I understand. I seldom travel anyway and usually only go as far as the next city where they got a cool bookstore.

Julie
that's a good trip...who needs to travel anyway?
as long as there are good books within reach....there's not much else on needs.....

GordonSkywalker
True. Very true.

Julie
I bought a new book yesterday.

Corran
which

Julie
X-wing Isard's Revenge

Corran
OK hope you enjoy it.

Julie
It looks like a good book...have you read it yet?

Lacutus
StormTrooper outfits dont cost $5.000, the kits are only $550 or less.
must be looking at the statue prop they cost from $3,000 to $5,000.
and the stuff on it cant be worn.

Lacutus

Julie
well my longing for a costume seems to have faded a bit, but it might be back later...I just don't have the drive to do something like make a costume or go out and buy one now.

Darth Dementus
I have an Emperor costume. I'm debating whether to wear it when my family and I go see Revenge of the Sith.

Darth Ridah
I have this cool yoda costume. everytime I put it on I shrink 4 feet & start talking in jibberish.

Darth Ridah
my last post.. that was not...

see I told you evil face

sith36
i dont think its worth payin 40 bucks for the robe when im only goin to where it one day when i see the movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.