Galvatron vs Silver Surfer (Herald Battle)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AngryManatee
Unicron and Galactus are smoking a bowl when they realize, they're pretty bored. They laugh about it for a while and decide to pit Galvatron and Silver (their heralds) in a fight to the death. Who takes it?

Board Walker
Comic wise....Galvatron was pretty insane.

guy222
Originally posted by AngryManatee
Unicron and Galactus are smoking a bowl when they realize, they're pretty bored. They laugh about it for a while and decide to pit Galvatron and Silver (their heralds) in a fight to the death. Who takes it?

taking galvatron

Psyquis52
This could go any number of ways. I see Surfer taking a few wins. Maybe the majority.

don't shiv
is galvatron better than Megas

AngryManatee
bump

AngryManatee
bumpies

King Kandy
I simply don't see Galvatron generating the kind of power surfer's capable of.

Swanky-Tuna
Did Galvatron transform into a handgun of varying size too? If so, was the trigger in the crotch as well? If so, Galvatron.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Did Galvatron transform into a handgun of varying size too? If so, was the trigger in the crotch as well? If so, Galvatron.
Galvatron turned into a cannon.

Board Walker
Comics Galvatron was nothing like the cartoons, galaxy destroying blast are common.

Unicron and Primus, were the TOAA/Source of the Transformers Comics, and Galvatron was Unicorn's herald.

long pig
Originally posted by Board Walker
Comics Galvatron was nothing like the cartoons, galaxy destroying blast are common.

Unicron and Primus, were the TOAA/Source of the Transformers Comics, and Galvatron was Unicorn's herald.
I was about to say the same thing. Seriously, check out the old comics, they put DBZ to shame with stupidity.

Galvatron, I believe, blew up an entire solar system in his first appearance. His smaller blasts were supposed to be as powerful as 10,000 nukes in one of his bios or something stupid like that.

Surfer has the speed, but Gal has everything else.

Board Walker
Once he was Galvatron he was able to obliterate Galaxies as easily as he was able to laugh.

Silver Surfer and Galvatron are not on the same level, the old comics were more akin to DBZ in the aspect that destroying countless galaxies in one battle was common. Even the lower tier characters were able to generate black holes as easily as firing a pistol.

Speed really is up for debate, as being able to battle through countless galaxies in nano seconds does say some thing about speed; that and the transformers percieved time and speed as some thing else.

long pig
True enough about the speed. I simply don't know of any Galvatron reaction feats where he blitzes someone.

I remember an official card that listed Galvatron's strength at 10 billion tons, though. So....haha. It's stupid.

Mider999
what comics where these where he destroyed galaxies can i have a number?

janus77
The Silver Surfer, surely?

how fast is Galvatron?
can he see his opponent from light years away?
the Silver Surfer could fillet Galvatron with PC blasts, transmute parts (or all) of him into marshmallow ...

Galvatron can destroy galaxies?
man things have changed... still... I'm sure the Silver Surfer has enough power to destroy Galvatron and far too much versatility and speed... if all else fails, he could phase through Galvatron's fists and into his chest then kill him from inside.

Mider999
if he can destroy galaxies how do you know he's not fast enough to see surfer comming

janus77
one does not necessarily imply the other.
the Heralds fly at multiples of lightspeed, but Galactus doesn't seem to travel that fast.

anyway... it's part of The Silver Surfer's powers that he sees things from light years away. I doubt that's something Galvatron can do. though I do not know for sure, as the Transformers have 'evolved' ridiculously since my day no expression

Board Walker
Originally posted by janus77
one does not necessarily imply the other.
the Heralds fly at multiples of lightspeed, but Galactus doesn't seem to travel that fast.

anyway... it's part of The Silver Surfer's powers that he sees things from light years away. I doubt that's something Galvatron can do. though I do not know for sure, as the Transformers have 'evolved' ridiculously since my day no expression

Galvatron, Optimus, Omega, Solar Scream, the higher tier Characters were beyond Herald, far beyond herald going by their feats.

leonidas
Originally posted by Board Walker
Galvatron, Optimus, Omega, Solar Scream, the higher tier Characters were beyond Herald, far beyond herald going by their feats.

i've always loved transformers -- obviously -- but i'm genuinely curious: which company put out these books you're referencing and how old are they? when they appeared briefly in marvel the transformers weren't anywhere near the power-level you guys are talking -- i remember spidey fighting them! i know there was a prolonged mini (minis??) where they collided with the gi joe team, as well . . .

and would galvatron be immune to being matter manip'd into a broken watch?

celestialdemon
Originally posted by AngryManatee

I wanna smoke a bowl.

Scoobless
Originally posted by long pig
True enough about the speed. I simply don't know of any Galvatron reaction feats where he blitzes someone.

I remember an official card that listed Galvatron's strength at 10 billion tons, though. So....haha. It's stupid.

The friggin Dinobots still kicked his ass though ... damn I loved those guys.

big grin

Scoobless
Originally posted by long pig

Don't f*ck with Galvatron!

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/450/galvatronownedae5.th.jpg http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/3880/galvatronrodimusprime3fg0.th.jpg

evil face

leonidas
Originally posted by leonidas
i've always loved transformers -- obviously -- but i'm genuinely curious: which company put out these books you're referencing and how old are they? when they appeared briefly in marvel the transformers weren't anywhere near the power-level you guys are talking -- i remember spidey fighting them! i know there was a prolonged mini (minis??) where they collided with the gi joe team, as well . . .

and would galvatron be immune to being matter manip'd into a broken watch?

confused

LORDSIDIOUS01
He who wields the power cosmic wins.

Galvaclaw
Once again with you Board walker I call shenanigans. Having read all of the US G1 comics and most the UK ones nothing like that happens, ever. Unless you can bring up some scans you're talking rubbish.

No Transformer has ever generated a black hole. No G1 comic transformer outside of Unicron and Primus have busted more than a city. Although Simon Furman has said the Leige Maximo was a moon buster.

Surfer wins. Galvatron isn't versatile enough and lacks the feats.

janus77
Originally posted by Scoobless
Don't f*ck with Galvatron!

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/450/galvatronownedae5.th.jpg http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/3880/galvatronrodimusprime3fg0.th.jpg

evil face
in Transformers: The Movie, Rodimus Prime made short work of Galvatron. don't think he was that powerful.

and all the Transformers, from Omega Supreme on down, were vulnerable to energy depletion and to fairly rudimentary lasers.

The Silver Surfer could fire off humongous quantities of Power Cosmic from a light year or two away and wipe Galvatron from existence, before Galvatron's even realised he's in a fight.

Mider999
i dont think they said he can generate a black hole just that he taps into its power thats not uncommon even binery does that doesnt she but she does that with white holes, but yeah i have not read anything about galaxies being destroyed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.