why does vader wear armor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AAskywalker
hey guys I was wondering why sidious choose to make vader wear armor. Why simply not clone him the parts he needed? If they could clone a new human couldn't they clone part of one to give vader his power back?

overlord
No, that's cheating.

Kadesh
What the hell... that is clearly impossible

Captain REX
Apparently they did this for clonetroopers who had lost limbs, and so on...

...but the likeliness of such limbs being ready in time for Anakin is low. They probably take weeks to grow, by which time he would have been dead.

Alliance
Originally posted by AAskywalker
hey guys I was wondering why sidious choose to make vader wear armor. Why simply not clone him the parts he needed? If they could clone a new human couldn't they clone part of one to give vader his power back?

Because it ruins the imagery and aura of a mechanical man.

Alliance
Originally posted by Captain REX
Apparently they did this for clonetroopers who had lost limbs, and so on...

...but the likeliness of such limbs being ready in time for Anakin is low. They probably take weeks to grow, by which time he would have been dead.

Since we're in EU...Clones did not receive new limbs etc. They receive mechanical replacements, it they simply weren't "retired."

Kadesh
Well if they did grow vader organic arms he would be able to conjure sith lightning i think, The book said he cant due to his mechanical arms

General G
They couldn't because that would totally mess with the OT because he has mechanical parts, and if Lucas ended ROTS with him being still human, it just wouldn't work.

General Kenobl
I agree with this. Vader needed immediate surgery and needed a life suit because he was very close to death.

Also, it's probably just an inconsistency where the movies and EU collide.

AAskywalker
could it be possible that the emperor was afraid of vader becoming even stronger than he already was. At the time he was able to defeat the emperor right. We know that Anakin had the ability to become twice as strong as the emperor.
We know anakin was already thinking of overthrowing palpatine.

Vader is hindered by the suit because the emperor ordered it to be that way?

Kadesh
Well in my point of view, the suit couldnt have been designed in a few hours, it actually takes a week or more to do design the suit yet make it, It is possible sidious knew that anakin was going to be in trouble and thus designed the suit before hand.

About the design process, i know it takes i while, i study in a design and technology class, it sometimes takes months to even design something like that

There is no proof to support this, its only my opinion

Mic Assassin
If they could really do that, Sidious would have just cloned a whole new Anakin, and programmed him to be his ultimate weapon and obey him.

And while this isn't completely on topic, where is it said that Vader's suit contains cortosis? It's just that in the New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology, it's stated that while Vader had access to cortosis, he didn't use it and instead relied on his lightsaber skills to protect himself. And lightsaber damage isn't listed as something it has a defence for, either.

Tangible God
With access to such valuable minerals like Cortosis, it'd be strange if someone like Vader didn't have any in his suit.

And to the thread's topic:

Why would Palpatine want Anakin becoming stronger than him? Of course he'd inhibit his powers if it meant he could control him.

As for the armour taking a while to design... well, for the sake of the storyline, more time may have passed in between the duel and when Vader was outfitted than what we were shown.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.