Honestly, what do people have against Hillary?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alliance
Really, all I hear is constant b*tching about how nobody like Hillary Rodham Clinton.

What's the reason for this? It makes no sense to me.

PVS
SHE TOOK OUR JOBS!!!!

LethalFemme
I always thought it was her hair.embarrasment

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by PVS
SHE TOOK OUR JOBS!!!!

eek! She didn't take my job.

BobbyD
For an incredibly bright and intelligent woman, capable of making spontaneous decisions w/o emotional attachment (tis sarcy...almost male like), it is too bad that she is so far left wing, that she can't see the problems that truly plague this country.

Soleran
Everytime I hear a politician start to speak of socialized healthcare I cringe.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Alliance
Really, all I hear is constant b*tching about how nobody like Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Knock yourself out with these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Rodham_Clinton_controversies

PVS
oh dear...

Black Panther Party: FALSE

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/panthers.asp

Alleged anti-Semitic comments: Inconclusive

hillary has denied it, any 'evidence' against her is here-say and parroted by people who hate clinton as documented fact.
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/07/16/hillary.book.response.02/index.html

Retention of birth name after marriage: TRUE
(however i fail to see the controversy of a woman keeping her birth name

Cattle futures: No Criminal Wrongdoing

Upon review no wrongdoing on clinton's behalf was found, as the passage mentions.

Tammy Wynette; baking cookies: TRUE

yeah, clinton said in 1992 on 60 minutes "I'm not sitting here as some little woman 'standing by my man' like Tammy Wynette. I'm sitting here because I love him and I respect him, and I honor what he's been through and what we've been through together." rednecks and wynette were offended.

Whitewater: No Criminal Wrongdoing

from same passage: " The investigations, which took place during Bill Clinton's presidency and cost an estimated $40 million, resulted in the McDougals being jailed and Webster Hubbell pleading guilty to felony charges of lying to federal investigators about Clinton's role in both Whitewater and the savings and loan failure. No criminal charges were brought against the Clintons themselves, as Robert Ray's final report on September 20, 2000 stated that there was insufficient evidence that either of them had engaged in criminal wrongdoing."

Travel office firings: No Criminal Wrongdoing

from same passage: "On June 23, 2000, Whitewater Independent Counsel Robert Ray stated in a final report that while there was substantial evidence that she was involved in the firings, it could not be proved that she had deliberately lied about the matter, and so no charges would be brought."

Vince Foster: FALSE, along with every other clinton murder conspiracy parroted

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/clinton.asp

Origin of the name Hillary: FALSE

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/hillary.asp

FBI files: No Criminal Wrongdoing

as stated in passage: Whitewater Independent Counsel Robert Ray stated in a final report that there was no substantial or credible evidence that Hillary Clinton had any role or showed any misconduct in the matter.

shall i continue?

LethalFemme
Originally posted by PVS
oh dear...

Black Panther Party: FALSE

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/panthers.asp

Alleged anti-Semitic comments: Inconclusive

hillary has denied it, any 'evidence' against her is here-say and parroted by people who hate clinton as documented fact.
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/07/16/hillary.book.response.02/index.html

Retention of birth name after marriage: TRUE
(however i fail to see the controversy of a woman keeping her birth name

Cattle futures: No Criminal Wrongdoing

Upon review no wrongdoing on clinton's behalf was found, as the passage mentions.

Tammy Wynette; baking cookies: TRUE

yeah, clinton said in 1992 on 60 minutes "I'm not sitting here as some little woman 'standing by my man' like Tammy Wynette. I'm sitting here because I love him and I respect him, and I honor what he's been through and what we've been through together." rednecks and wynette were offended.

Whitewater: No Criminal Wrongdoing

from same passage: " The investigations, which took place during Bill Clinton's presidency and cost an estimated $40 million, resulted in the McDougals being jailed and Webster Hubbell pleading guilty to felony charges of lying to federal investigators about Clinton's role in both Whitewater and the savings and loan failure. No criminal charges were brought against the Clintons themselves, as Robert Ray's final report on September 20, 2000 stated that there was insufficient evidence that either of them had engaged in criminal wrongdoing."

Travel office firings: No Criminal Wrongdoing

from same passage: "On June 23, 2000, Whitewater Independent Counsel Robert Ray stated in a final report that while there was substantial evidence that she was involved in the firings, it could not be proved that she had deliberately lied about the matter, and so no charges would be brought."

Vince Foster: FALSE, along with every other clinton murder conspiracy parroted

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/clinton.asp

Origin of the name Hillary: FALSE

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/hillary.asp

FBI files: No Criminal Wrongdoing

as stated in passage: Whitewater Independent Counsel Robert Ray stated in a final report that there was no substantial or credible evidence that Hillary Clinton had any role or showed any misconduct in the matter.

shall i continue?

Originally posted by LethalFemme
I always thought it was her hair.embarrasment

Cybershinobi
She is to far left wing I am a moderate which is why i do not like her.

WrathfulDwarf
Plus she is a She-Wolf and a Queen Bee....anyone saying anything about her the entire bee comb army comes out to defend her.

Rogue Jedi

Probably cuz they wanna be her...dunno, maybe....

BTW: Alliance, your sig is awesome. one of the best i have ever seen here!!! wink

Robtard

It's the right-winger bloggers spreading outlandish story after lie after outlandish story after... that play a big part of it. "Clinton's Death List", 'Whitewater", "She sodomizes kittens" etc. etc. etc. They make her out to be like 'Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS'.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fb/Ilsashewolf.jpg

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
It's the right-winger bloggers spreading outlandish story after lie after outlandish story after... that play a big part of it. "Clinton's Death List", 'Whitewater", "She sodomizes kittens" etc. etc. etc. They make her out to be like 'Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS'.

Cool, now I'm definitely going to vote for her. eek!

Fishy
I don't get why people hate her...

Why people would call her left winged however is beyond me.

Shakyamunison

Fishy

sithsaber408

I like this one better:

http://gallery.brawl-hall.com/data/media782245/10/Hillary2004.jpg

stick out tongue

LethalFemme
Originally posted by sithsaber408
I like this one better:

http://gallery.brawl-hall.com/data/media782245/10/Hillary2004.jpg

stick out tongue

I love a man in uniform.love

Strangelove
Originally posted by BobbyD
For an incredibly bright and intelligent woman, capable of making spontaneous decisions w/o emotional attachment (tis sarcy...almost male like), it is too bad that she is so far left wing, that she can't see the problems that truly plague this country. Originally posted by Cybershinobi
She is to far left wing I am a moderate which is why i do not like her. The Almanac of American Politics rated her a 68 on the political spectrum. (1 is most liberal, 100 is most conservative). She's not too liberal. Get over it

BobbyD
Originally posted by Strangelove
The Almanac of American Politics rated her a 68 on the political spectrum. (1 is most liberal, 100 is most conservative). She's not too liberal. Get over it

Well, the Almanac of American Politics won't be voting. erm

BobbyD
I love a man in uniform.love

laughing out loud

Robtard
The Almanac of American Politics rated her a 68 on the political spectrum. (1 is most liberal, 100 is most conservative). She's not too liberal. Get over it

I can't say how accurate that could or could not be, but she is middle of the road on several key issues e.g. Abortion.

Strangelove
Well, the Almanac of American Politics won't be voting. erm the people who run will roll eyes (sarcastic)

BobbyD
the people who run will roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah.....run away from her!?!

laughing out loud

PVS
why do i get the suspicion that nobody will post a single coherent reason why they hate her.

Strangelove
Originally posted by PVS
why do i get the suspicion that nobody will post a single coherent reason why they hate her. Because it's true

PVS
whats even more sad is that even though they cant think of a reason, they still hate her. not just dislike her or disagree with her policies, but completely loath her as if she was spat out of hell's ass hole

Soleran
Hate is a strong word

I disagree with socialized medicine and Hillary wants to see it happen.

I dislike her position on that topic.

BobbyD
Originally posted by PVS
why do i get the suspicion that nobody will post a single coherent reason why they hate her.

Got back to my original post about her...

Whether one agrees or disagrees with my point of view on her, it is my take on the situation, and similiar to how many who dislike her feel as well.

Robtard
Got back to my original post about her...

Whether one agrees or disagrees with my point of view on her, it is my take on the situation, and similiar to how many who dislike her feel as well.

"it is too bad that she is so far left wing, that she can't see the problems that truly plague this country."

Problem with that, she isn't "far left wing" and that is a fact, many of her stances are moderate.

BobbyD
"it is too bad that she is so far left wing, that she can't see the problems that truly plague this country."

Problem with that, she isn't "far left wing" and that is a fact, many of her stances are moderate.

....and it also comes down to simply trusting her (to stay moderate on these topics/stances), which I don't.erm

Robtard
....and it also comes down to simply trusting her (to stay moderate on these topics/stances), which I don't.erm

Fair enough... why don't you trust her though?

BobbyD
Fair enough... why don't you trust her though?

Same reason why I don't ever trust brocolli to taste good in mouth.

Because.

Why don't you trust a snarling dog showing vicious teeth and growling? Because you don't....it exhibits all the signs of why you shouldn't.

If I want to get nasty on Hillary, then it's this: She's a one track mind, power freak beyatch with an insatiable ego to match.

...tis like a hot girlfriend that thinks she should have it all because it's about the p***y. ...kick her ass to the curb, and teach her some humility.

Robtard
Same reason why I don't ever trust brocolli to taste good in mouth.

Because you don't like the taste?

Why don't you trust a snarling dog showing vicious teeth and growling? Because you don't....it exhibits all the signs of why you shouldn't.

Snarling is a dogs way of saying "stay away, I'm nervous!" (?)

If I want to get nasty on Hillary, then it's this: She's a one track mind, power freak beyatch with an insatiable ego to match.

You just described traits every politician has...

...tis like a hot girlfriend that thinks she should have it all because it's about the p***y. ...kick her ass to the curb, and teach her some humility.

So Hillary thinks she should have more because she has a "p***y", i.e. is a woman?

dirkdirden
I think the word that everyone is looking for is vagina.

BobbyD
Because you don't like the taste?

Snarling is a dogs way of saying "stay away, I'm nervous!" (?)

So Hillary thinks she should have more because she has a "p***y", i.e. is a woman?

laughing out loud

...very clever, Robtard.

Alliance
Originally posted by PVS

Because there is no valid reason to hate her.

Robtard
laughing out loud

...very clever, Robtard.

and to make full circle... smile

Originally posted by PVS

BobbyD
Because there is no valid reason to hate her.

Sure, there is. She rubs me the wrong way.

How many of those people do you like?

BobbyD
and to make full circle... smile

Though, you are quite the comedian. ......not in my world. wink

RocasAtoll
Why do I hate her? Because she's a PC whore. Her beliefs aren't personal, their what people want her to believe.

Robtard
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
Why do I hate her? Because she's a PC whore. Her beliefs aren't personal, their what people want her to believe.

FeceMan
"Bush eats kittens; Republicans rejoice. FOX News interviews local canine for his perspective."

PVS
Originally posted by FeceMan
"Bush eats kittens; Republicans rejoice. FOX News interviews local canine for his perspective."

canine: "i support the president's decision. we need to protect our children from these kittens. lets also stress that we are targeting the 'michael moore' kittens, and this is in no way a smear on all felines...but lets face it. you're either with us or you're with the kittens, so you should either support the president or just shut your mouth"

FeceMan
"Ruff-ruff, ruffruffruff."
"What's that, boy? There's a Jew down the well? And Hillary put him there?!"

BobbyD
Originally posted by PVS
canine: "i support the president's decision. we need to protect our children from these kittens. lets also stress that we are targeting the 'michael moore' kittens, and this is in no way a smear on all felines...but lets face it. you're either with us or you're with the kittens, so you should either support the president or just shut your mouth"

laughing

Strangelove
Because there is no valid reason to hate her. Seconded.

You know why a lot of people hate her? Her husband.

Soleran
The Clintons are capitalistic pigs confused looking out for the "little guy." roll eyes (sarcastic)

BobbyD
Seconded.

I love Billy Boy. ..wasn't a great President; but, I'd rather have a pervert in the office, than an idiot like Bush.

How many other presidents could pull off the crap he did (w/ Monica) and still keep the position of most powerful person on the planet?

He's a magician...my hero.

laughing out loud

PVS
i dislike her and her husband because they put their own careers above the good of the american people, and by blindly cheerleading bush's war: even american/iraqi lives. now she'll squawk and yell but ultimately the theme of any opposition will be 'flip flop' and unlike with john kerry the accusation will be well founded with her. every shift she has made politically has been timed with trend and not with reason. thats how i see it. however i would vote for her over saint mccain.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Soleran
The Clintons are capitalistic pigs confused looking out for the "little guy." roll eyes (sarcastic) You're a right-wing mouthpiece roll eyes (sarcastic)

Strangelove
I love Billy Boy. ..wasn't a great President; but, I'd rather have a pervert in the office, than an idiot like Bush.

How many other presidents could pull off the crap he did (w/ Monica) and still keep the position of most powerful person on the planet?

He's a magician...my hero.

laughing out loud He was a fantastic president, if not a good person

Strangelove
Originally posted by PVS
i dislike her and her husband because they put their own careers above the good of the american people, and by blindly cheerleading bush's war: even american/iraqi lives. now she'll squawk and yell but ultimately the theme of any opposition will be 'flip flop' and unlike with john kerry the accusation will be well founded with her. every shift she has made politically has been timed with trend and not with reason. thats how i see it. however i would vote for her over saint mccain. the fact that she supports the war is a sore point with me. McCain too

Soleran
You're a right-wing mouthpiece roll eyes (sarcastic)

Clintons are racking up MILLIONS of dollars based on their politics and positions, save your feeble trash talk.

Strangelove
Clintons are racking up MILLIONS of dollars based on their politics and positions, save your feeble trash talk. So rich people are incapable of standing up for the little guy?

BobbyD
He was a fantastic president, if not a good person

Let's not get carried away. ..wasn't a fantastic president.

Shakyamunison
So, the Democratic party will be spilt between Hillary and Obama? Then the Republicans will win. sad

Soleran
So rich people are incapable of standing up for the little guy?

You tell me, you seem to flow with the "left wing" mentality.

Strangelove
Let's not get carried away. ..wasn't a fantastic president. Balanced the federal budget and created an economic surplus that was supposed to last for a decade until Bush squandered it; Opened up trade borders in North America. Ended the violence is Bosnia and Kosovo....he was pretty damn good

Robtard
Originally posted by PVS
i dislike her and her husband because they put their own careers above the good of the american people, and by blindly cheerleading bush's war: even american/iraqi lives. now she'll squawk and yell but ultimately the theme of any opposition will be 'flip flop' and unlike with john kerry the accusation will be well founded with her. every shift she has made politically has been timed with trend and not with reason. thats how i see it. however i would vote for her over saint mccain.

Damn, if you had said "hate" instead of "dislike", you would have "pwned" yourself with that reply and I would have been happy to point it out with a silly picture.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
So, the Democratic party will be spilt between Hillary and Obama? Then the Republicans will win. sad Ummm...no. Only one person gets the nomination. Even if some Democrats don't like Obama or Clinton, they'll rally behind him/her (or someone else) in order to end the neocon's stranglehold.Originally posted by Soleran
You tell me, you seem to flow with the "left wing" mentality. George Soros and Bill Gates. Both billionaires that have donated untold amount of money to help those in need. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's impossible

Soleran
. George Soros and Bill Gates. Both billionaires that have donated untold amount of money to help those in need. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's impossible

I get it, thats why I said they used their political station to acquire the wealth.

Anyway I'm not fond of the Clintons nor any politician really and PVS did a good job of summing it up in regards to the Clintons.

Strangelove
I get it, thats why I said they used their political station to acquire the wealth.

Anyway I'm not fond of the Clintons nor any politician really and PVS did a good job of summing it up in regards to the Clintons. Well being fond of a politician would be a conundrum in itself. I personally think my Congressman is a douchebag

BobbyD
Balanced the federal budget and created an economic surplus that was supposed to last for a decade until Bush squandered it; Opened up trade borders in North America. Ended the violence is Bosnia and Kosovo....he was pretty damn good

Yes, Strange he did some pretty good things.
But, the crap now....

Don't go telling me he has the capability of ending the fiasco known as Iraq. He fudged up taking out Osama anyway when the chance was there. 9/11 would not have happened under Bush's watch had Clinton done his job.

And it was his economics that plunged us into the recession of the early 2000s. ...leading to the outsourcing of thousands of Americam jobs overseas. ...such a crock that Bush gets blamed for that all the time.

Yes recessions are cyclical and enigmatic in themselves, but his economic philosophy helped contribute to that.

Yes, Bush is an idiot. You will never hear me argue/debate for him being a good president while in office. The sum of his years will be terrible, despite his first 3 being somewhat good. However, Clinton was no great one either.

sithsaber408
But, the crap now....

Don't go telling me he has the capability of ending the fiasco known as Iraq. He fudged up taking out Osama anyway when the chance was there. 9/11 would not have happened under Bush's watch had Clinton done his job.

And it was his economics that plunged us into the recession of the early 2000s. ...leading to the outsourcing of thousands of Americam jobs overseas. ...such a crock that Bush gets blamed for that all the time.

Yes recessions are cyclical and enigmatic in themselves, but his economic philosophy helped contribute to that.

Yes, Bush is an idiot. You will never hear me argue/debate for him being a good president while in office. The sum of his years will be terrible, despite his first 3 being somewhat good. However, Clinton was no great one either.

^^^^adding to that, it's reasonable to say that the balanced budget and surplus that Clinton did enjoy before the recession he caused led to outsourcing...... was due to Reganomics working properly and taking effect.

Clinton just inherited it and America enjoyed a prosperous time because of what Ronald Regan put into motion years earlier.

BobbyD
I've often wondered why a Republican can still vote for a Democrat, but it is literally inconceivable for Democrat to vote for a Republican.

...just baffles the %$^# out of me.

Strangelove
But, the crap now....

Don't go telling me he has the capability of ending the fiasco known as Iraq. He fudged up taking out Osama anyway when the chance was there. 9/11 would not have happened under Bush's watch had Clinton done his job.We're not talking about what he would do. It's about what he did do. You're changing the subject. Clinton wouldn't have gone into Iraq in the first place.

And that's bullshit right-wing propaganda that says Clinton had the chance to stop Osama but didn't. Complete lie. Bush had a much more clear opportunity to stop 9/11 (PDB "Osama bin Laden determined to attack within United States", anyone?)

Also bullshit. The Balanced Budget Act created a huge economic surplus that Bush squandered into the ground.

Bush is a horrendous president. It's not about him being unintelligent. He's not. He's a lot smarter than people give him credit for. He's just evil. He has blatantly overreached his power and does nothing but try and extend the power of the Executive branch of government. I am confident that Bush will go down as one of the worst presidents in history.

And Clinton was a great president.

Strangelove
I've often wondered why a Republican can still vote for a Democrat, but it is literally inconceivable for Democrat to vote for a Republican.

...just baffles the %$^# out of me. It's called a Reagan Democrat. In 1984 Reagan carried every state except Minnesota and D.C. because he had such a huge Democratic backing.

Strangelove
^^^^adding to that, it's reasonable to say that the balanced budget and surplus that Clinton did enjoy before the recession he caused led to outsourcing...... was due to Reganomics working properly and taking effect.

Clinton just inherited it and America enjoyed a prosperous time because of what Ronald Regan put into motion years earlier. Debatable.

BobbyD
.....And Clinton was a great president.

I'll have what he's having.

BobbyD
It's called a Reagan Democrat. In 1984 Reagan carried every state except Minnesota and D.C. because he had such a huge Democratic backing.

Okay, Strangelove. ....by your responses, you reek of left wingedness so much I can hardly breathe. But, it is obvious that you know your politics, even if you and I must agree to disagree on some things.

Anyway here's your test: given the choice between a Democratic candidate for president who stinks (by YOUR standards), and a Republican one who clearly (for whatever reason YOU think so) is the better choice, who would you vote for?

*drum roll please*

Alliance

In a recent poll Bill had a positive perception rating far beyond any other political figure, only behind Laura Bush.

Alliance
It's called a Reagan Democrat. In 1984 Reagan carried every state except Minnesota and D.C. because he had such a huge Democratic backing.

No, its because he won a plurality in each state. That means he got at least 49 more votes than Mondale.

See: US' disporportional electoral system.

Okay, Strangelove. ....by your responses, you reek of left wingedness so much I can hardly breathe.

What sort of stupid assessment is that?

BobbyD
No, its because he won a plurality in each state. That means he got at least 49 more votes than Mondale.

See: US' disporportional electoral system.

What sort of stupid assessment is that?

laughing out loud

Shuush.

Alliance
smile

=Tired Hiker=

It really doesn't matter. People need to take control of their own lives and not put a single person up on a pedastal and depend soley on them to justify if the state of the nation is in good or bad shape. Whoever the President is, whatever laws are passed, taxes cut, this and that, nothing will change if we as individuals don't take control and meet the responsibilities that are ours and no one elses. If you have a kid, be a parent. If you need money, get a job. If you pay too much for gas, get a bike. If you don't like your weight, excercise. If you are lonely, go make friends. Nick Nolte would be just as good a president as Hillary Clinton, because it just doesn't matter in my book.

Alliance
I highly doubt that. The President is not Democracy, but he is the face of democracy and has considerable inpact on policy, which over time, creates the nation and, through its people, its democracy.

Strangelove
Okay, Strangelove. ....by your responses, you reek of left wingedness so much I can hardly breathe. But, it is obvious that you know your politics, even if you and I must agree to disagree on some things.

Anyway here's your test: given the choice between a Democratic candidate for president who stinks (by YOUR standards), and a Republican one who clearly (for whatever reason YOU think so) is the better choice, who would you vote for?

*drum roll please* By what standards are you saying that the Democrat 'stinks' and the Republican is the better choice?Originally posted by Alliance

See: US' disporportional electoral system.Still, without substantial Democratic backing he never would have carried all but one state.

=Tired Hiker=
I highly doubt that. The President is not Democracy, but he is the face of democracy and has considerable inpact on policy, which over time, creates the nation and, through its people, its democracy.

Look, all I'm saying is that we don't really need a President.

BobbyD
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
It really doesn't matter. People need to take control of their own lives and not put a single person up on a pedastal and depend soley on them to justify if the state of the nation is in good or bad shape. Whoever the President is, whatever laws are passed, taxes cut, this and that, nothing will change if we as individuals don't take control and meet the responsibilities that are ours and no one elses. If you have a kid, be a parent. If you need money, get a job. If you pay too much for gas, get a bike. If you don't like your weight, excercise. If you are lonely, go make friends. Nick Nolte would be just as good a president as Hillary Clinton, because it just doesn't matter in my book.

I nominate Tired Hiker!!!

*cues Hail to the Chief*

...seriously not Nick Nolte. Perhaps someone else w/ no experience. But, even then there would be vultures everywhere trying to take advantage of one's naivete.

Alliance
By what standards are you saying that the Democrat 'stinks' and the Republican is the better choice?Still, without substantial Democratic backing he never would have carried all but one state.

You forget that people called Independants exist.

I usually think of "Democrats" as people who would only vote for Democrats, therefore by definition incapable of fulfilling your requirements.

Robtard

Fun tib-bit: That's when the term (verb) "Mondale'd" came into being.

Main Entry: Mondaled
Pronunciation: 'Mon-dale'd'
Function: verb
Etymology: Modern English - circa 1984

1: To be soundly defeated, crushed, obliterated, destroyed.

-Usage "I just got my ass Mondaled in Halo 2"

Alliance
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Look, all I'm saying is that we don't really need a President.

Unfortunately, I disagree. Every branch of our government is essential to its function. I think having a government is beneficial to everyone and since I'm not aiming to destabilize that, I'd like to leave the Constitution intact.

BobbyD
By what standards are you saying that the Democrat 'stinks' and the Republican is the better choice?

Yours. Any. Economical. Environmental. Foreign. Whatever.

Whichever causes YOU to think the Republican candidate is better than YOUR perception of the inferior Democratic one.

Would you vote Republican?

BobbyD
Unfortunately, I disagree. Every branc of our government is essential to its function. I think having a government is beneficial to everyone and since I'm not aiming to destabilize that, I'd like to leave the Constitution intact.

I nominate Alliance too!!!

Strangelove
You forget that people called Independants exist.

I usually think of "Democrats" as people who would only vote for Democrats, therefore by definition incapable of fulfilling your requirements. Alright, I can agree with that.

I don't really think along party lines. I have never considered myself a 'Democrat' I'm just a liberal.

Strangelove
Yours. Any. Economical. Environmental. Foreign. Whatever.

Whichever causes YOU to think the Republican candidate is better than YOUR perception of the inferior Democratic one.

Would you vote Republican? Yes.

=Tired Hiker=
Unfortunately, I disagree. Every branc of our government is essential to its function. I think having a government is beneficial to everyone and since I'm not aiming to destabilize that, I'd like to leave the Constitution intact.

I like the Constitution, I dig it, but I think the branches of government need a good fixing. Too many cowboys in charge, and I know things are rapidly changing, but this Democrats vs Republicans thing is getting old. They feed off each other to no end and that in itself defines our nation.

I just think the system worked better decades ago and now it's too controlled and lobbied by people who are not out there for the welfare of the common man, but rather big business such as oil.

BobbyD
Yes.

You are one of the very few hard, left winging, democrats that I can respect, Strangelove. ...because your vote is calculated...has been thought out...actually meant something to you. And, if this country is ever going to be any good again, whether they be a democrat or a republican, people need to think more like you.

....are in the minority, my friend.

Alliance
Government changes, it will change again. The nice thing is you have power to enact that change.

PS: You can thank Reagan and Gingrich for the massive polarization of American politics imo.
You are one of the very few hard, left winging, democrats that I can respect, Strangelove. ...because your vote is calculated...has been thought out...actually meant something to you. And, if this country is ever going to be any good again, whether they be a democrat or a republican, people need to think more like you.

....are in the minority, my friend.

Since when has majority rule been safe?

Strangelove

....are in the minority, my friend. Indeed. Party line voting is the most moronic ever.

BobbyD
Government changes, it will change again. The nice thing is you have power to enact that change.

PS: You can thank Reagan and Gingrich for the massive polarization of American politics imo.

Since when has majority rule been safe?

laughing out loud

..quite a character, Alliance. wink

Alliance
It wouldn't be so if parties played to the center and not to political extremes.

In order for that to happen, voters need to become comfortable with grey areas again.

BobbyD
It wouldn't be so if parties played to the center and not to political extremes.

In order for that to happen, voters need to become comfortable with grey areas again.

In theory, yes. But, every candidate has to take a stance, and will be called out on some topic or another. These responses will ultimately define their ties. And, as such sway voting. erm

Is what it is?

Alliance
Not at all, politics is shaped.

People demand stances on every issue, but that doesn't mean that candidates have to polarize themselves to extremes. Parties, especially the Republican party since Reagan, deliberately have chosen extreme candidates. The Democrats chose grey candidates in the 06 elections...look what happened, candidates that dont fit a liberal-conservative mold...

*gasp*

"MODERATES"

BobbyD
laughing out loud

smokin'

Too much smoke for you, Barack?

Strangelove

PS: You can thank Reagan and Gingrich for the massive polarization of American politics imo.Seconded

PVS
Not at all, politics is shaped.

People demand stances on every issue, but that doesn't mean that candidates have to polarize themselves to extremes. Parties, especially the Republican party since Reagan, deliberately have chosen extreme candidates. The Democrats chose grey candidates in the 06 elections...look what happened, candidates that dont fit a liberal-conservative mold...

*gasp*

"MODERATES"

nice sig/av

Alliance
laughing out loud

smokin'

Too much smoke for you, Barack?

Most people experimented. Most deny it. Didn't we say we wanted honest politicians?
Originally posted by PVS
nice sig/av

Thanks. I like my Senator. smile

BobbyD

Thanks. I like my Senator. smile

You're from Illinois too, Alliance?

Alliance
Allegedly. I associate myself with something greater than the state.

BobbyD
Allegedly. I associate myself with something greater than the state.

laughing out loud Allegedly, he says.

Chicago then?

Strangelove
Thanks. I like my Senator. smile eek! You're an Illinoisan?

BobbyD
eek! You're an Illinoisan?

Here. Here. smile

Strangelove
Here. Here. smile w00t I'm a Hoosier!

BobbyD
How do you like the Colts chances this weekend?

§uffer§noopy
I dislike her because she wants to remove video games violent content.

Strangelove
How do you like the Colts chances this weekend? Not a sports fan erm

BobbyD
Not a sports fan erm

Aye carumba!
stick out tongue

sithsaber408
Originally posted by PVS
nice sig/av

edit: wrong thread

FeceMan
Clinton's job at presidency is debatable; Clinton's job as a politician is not. He was--and is--one of the best politicians our nation has ever seen. He's charismatic, a smooth talker, and able to evade even the most pointed questions.

One of the reasons people don't like Hillary Clinton is because she's pretending to care about the children on issues like videogames--that is to say, working over certain groups of political conservatives to win their vote.

PVS
edit: wrong thread

i liked the design so i complimented it.
what, are you moderating now?

Grimm22
Why I hate Hillary Clinton? Where to start eh?

How about continuously supporting anti-game bills and teaming up with the butt muncher known as Jack Thompson.

She's basically a socialist, along with other politicians like Ted Kennedy and John Edwards

People don't understand that just because there are bad republicans in office doesn't mean that democrats have all the answers

Thats why I'm an independent, I don't associate myself with either party, because like President Washington said, 'political parties can create blind loyalties to issues rather than thinking for one's own self'

Strangelove
Originally posted by PVS
i liked the design so i complimented it.
what, are you moderating now? ...he edited his own post because it was in the wrong thread

PVS
i thought that at first, but he quoted me. meh whatever

Strangelove
Originally posted by PVS
i thought that at first, but he quoted me. meh whatever yeah I don't know what to think either.

Punkyhermy

GORGEOUS. Siggy.
smile
eek!

Alliance
Originally posted by Grimm22
Why I hate Hillary Clinton? Where to start eh?

How about continuously supporting anti-game bills and teaming up with the butt muncher known as Jack Thompson.

She's basically a socialist, along with other politicians like Ted Kennedy and John Edwards

Excusing the rant, are you aware of the definition of socialism? Because it seems you are not.

Alliance
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
GORGEOUS. Siggy.
smile
eek!

Thanks, but there is already an Obama thread 31

Strangelove
Thanks, but there is already an Obama thread 31 You know, you need to change your title and location to match hmm

On second thought the title's appropriate

Grimm22
Excusing the rant, are you aware of the definition of socialism? Because it seems you are not.

A form of government where the government controls basic economic functions no expression

sithsaber408
Originally posted by PVS
i thought that at first, but he quoted me. meh whatever

I quoted you to also comment on his sig/avi, which I liked.

But as I added a few comments about Obama and William Ford Jr., another black conservative/moderate democrat who says he's Christian.... I realized that I was getting off topic and posted it in the Obama thread.

But you're right, it's a good Obama sig.

Alliance
A form of government where the government controls basic economic functions

no

Thats what I thought.

Try reading up on the actual subject.

PVS

But you're right, it's a good Obama sig.

i was referring more to his choice of images and layering/masking as well as layout. could have been a pic of orville redenbacher for all i care.

Alliance
Thanks big grin

Regret

What's the reason for this? It makes no sense to me. My opinion of her is based on her public reaction to her husbands scandal. She took the stereotypical supportive wife role, I do not want a leader that takes that role because it is expected. Imo, she did not show strength, she showed politically correct behavior, she showed conformity and weakness.

Grimm22
no

Thats what I thought.

Try reading up on the actual subject.

I have no expression

Giving the government more control over our lives is the exact opposite of what we should be doing

To quote Ronald Regan..

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."

Bardock42
I have no expression

Giving the government more control over our lives is the exact opposite of what we should be doing

To quote Ronald Regan..

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
I-i agree ....lord help us.

Quiero Mota
She sucks.

Regret
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
She sucks. and Bill enjoys it?

Grimm22
Originally posted by Regret
and Bill enjoys it?

Only when he's on sedatives sick

Quiero Mota
and Bill enjoys it?

No; we all know that he prefers younger ladies. smokin'

Regret
No; we all know that he prefers younger ladies. smokin' laughing I don't think he really has a preference, just ladies in general.

Grimm22
laughing I don't think he really has a preference, just ladies in general.

Any female with a vagina, unfortunately for Bill, Hillary doesn't fall into that category laughing

reggie_jax
edited

Bain

Well for one she is a left leaning blowhard who has been doing things that are quite conservative lately to appeal to right America, so she can steal an election and push the country the way it didnt choose to go.

Simple enough?

BobbyD
Originally posted by Bain
Well for one she is a left leaning blowhard who has been doing things that are quite conservative lately to appeal to right America, so she can steal an election and push the country the way it didnt choose to go.

Simple enough?

Indeed. This is what I feel is here biggest flaw/detriment.

Is she really less liberal than she seems/appears, or is it a smoke screen?

That is the question...

PVS
i fail to see how she 'seems' liberal unless you just equate woman to liberal and not consider her actions (or lack of) in congress.

xmarksthespot
She smells like asparagus?

LethalFemme
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
She smells like asparagus?

Wow you've be gone for like ever.

xmarksthespot
Wow you've be gone for like ever. Either I'm drunk... and that actually made sense. Or you're drunk... and it actually didn't. Or we're both drunk. In which case, let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel.

Alfheim
I hope Hilary gets elected.

Quiero Mota
Why?

Alfheim
Why not anythings better than Bush. Whats your beef with her?

Quiero Mota
I don't have a beef with her. But I don't think she's right for the job, ey.

Soleran
Originally posted by Alfheim
Why not anythings better than Bush.

Well then that makes perfect sense, someone get her into the office this week.

Alfheim
I don't have a beef with her. But I don't think she's right for the job, ey.

Ok, well anyway shes still a politician its just a lesser degree of evil. Its just that Bush is especially bad. I just want him to go before he gets us all killed.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Alfheim
I just want him to go before he gets us all killed.

roll eyes (sarcastic) If I got a dime for everytime I heard that...

Alfheim
roll eyes (sarcastic) If I got a dime for everytime I heard that...

What you think Bush is a good President....he dumb.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>