Strider Hiryu vs Ryu Hayabusa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Technically, The Striders are an organization of high-tech covert operatives who are very similar to futuristic ninja. But nobody seems to notice in this dream match.

Through a dimensional rip, Ryu Hayabusa and Strider Hiryu find themselves on Mustafar. Not one to go into details, the fight begins between these two.

Remulous
Strider Hiryu, he destroyed an entire moon and he's probaly over hundreds years old. it's still a good fight though.

Superboy Prime
Never knew much about Hiryu. Hell if it weren't for Marvel vs Capcom I wouldn't know he exists. How exactly did Hiryu destroy the moon? That's an outrageous feat even for Video Game chars.

Remulous
After destroying Meio, the Grand Master it shows him leaving the moon and it blowing up in the background and in Strder 2 they rebuild the moon and he did it again. Defeating Meio is a feat with in it's self, not only does he have Gouki like moves but his true form is larger and more destructive than any thing DOA has to offer, even that giant bone dinosuar.

Superboy Prime
But like..he beat Meio and that made the moon go boom? Or did he actually intend to blow up the moon and did it under his own power?

Remulous
No he did not intend to blow up the moon, why would the good guy wanna do that? It's just the sheer force of the battle destroyed it. Mieo comes back and they later move to the space station where Hiryu proceeds to cut him in half. I wish i could show you pictures but i don't know how.

Cloud_VII
The only thing I've read about Strider Hiryu destroying was a terminal.

TricksterPriest
I've read the manga. And I'll tell you right now, Hayabusa's ****ed. Even with the true Dragon Sword, he can't win. Hiryu's falchion is a plasma based blade. Not to mention the fact that the manga where Hiryu is originally from has insane feats.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I've read the manga. And I'll tell you right now, Hayabusa's ****ed. Even with the true Dragon Sword, he can't win. Hiryu's falchion is a plasma based blade. Not to mention the fact that the manga where Hiryu is originally from has insane feats.
AHEM...

Ryu has the Plasma Saber MK II which is arguably more powerful than Hiryu's plasma blade, since the MK II's plasma oscillator is tuned to the maximum.

BTW, Hiryu's plasma sword would not affect the True Dragon Sword.

Also, no I don't think Ryu is screwed. I think Hiryu is.

Remulous
I personally have never read the manga but the $h!t he does in the game is very powerful the game has the player doing insane feats, even for a ninja. For one thing he can breath in in outer space, unlike Haybusa he can jump off sky scrappers and hit the ground and not die, or even be hurt. He destroyed the Balrog an air ship several times larger than the one Hayabusa destroyed in DOA 4. Mieo easily took over the world and destroyed 80 % of the life on it, he literally has the world in his hands and Hiryu took it back by him self. Mieo's huge as hell like several stories and in the end Stider defeated him. And destroyed his moon. Not only that but Strider is most likely centuries old, this is one Hayabusa just can't win no matter how much his fans want him to.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Remulous
I personally have never read the manga but the $h!t he does in the game is very powerful the game has the player doing insane feats, even for a ninja. For one thing he can breath in in outer space, unlike Haybusa he can jump off sky scrappers and hit the ground and not die, or even be hurt. He destroyed the Balrog an air ship several times larger than the one Hayabusa destroyed in DOA 4. Mieo easily took over the world and destroyed 80 % of the life on it, he literally has the world in his hands and Hiryu took it back by him self. Mieo's huge as hell like several stories and in the end Stider defeated him. And destroyed his moon. Not only that but Strider is most likely centuries old, this is one Hayabusa just can't win no matter how much his fans want him to.
-Breathing in outer space makes no difference in this case.

-You think Hayabusa would die or get hurt jumping off skyscrapers...yup you know nothing about him.

-Hayabusa could've destroyed all the aircrafts that attacked him with ease. He has destroyed numerous tanks and aircrafts in Ninja Gaiden.

- Jaquio had the world in his hands when trying to unleash a Demon said to be capable of destroying the world. Ryu stopped him. The Vigoor Emperor was infused with the power of the Evil Deities, and lost to Ryu. You should see how big the Vigoor Emperor is.

- Show me where it says Hiryo destroyed the moon.

- I don't care how old he is since it wouldn't make a difference either way.

Remulous
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
-Breathing in outer space makes no difference in this case. Yes this leads to the fact that Strider is no average human, if he's human at all.

-You think Hayabusa would die or get hurt jumping off skyscrapers...yup you know nothing about him. My knowledge of Haybusa is vast. In Ninja Gaiden, when you jump off a high places you get hurt or you die.

-Hayabusa could've destroyed all the aircrafts that attacked him with ease. He has destroyed numerous tanks and aircrafts in Ninja Gaiden. That's nothing, the Balrog is still far larger then all those tanks and air crafts combined.

-Originally posted by Cloud_VII
-Jaquio had the world in his hands when trying to unleash a Demon said to be capable of destroying the world. Ryu stopped him. The Vigoor Emperor was infused with the power of the Evil Deities, and lost to Ryu. You should see how big the Vigoor Emperor is. It is true he was on the Virge of taking the world over but Hayabusa stoped him. In Strider Mieo was basicly the king of the world and it had been in his possession for quite some time. And only 20% of the population was left, he basicly committed a genocide. I've seen how big Vigor is, I own the game

- Show me where it says Hiryo destroyed the moon. It wasn't THE moon it was A moon made by Mieo in his ending it shows Strider on the space station preparing to finish Mieo with the moon blowing up and falling to the Earth in the background it is the ending of Strider 2.
I don't care how old he is since it wouldn't make a difference either way.
This once again shows Hiryu is more than human, he may be eternal.

Cloud_VII
Yes this leads to the fact that Strider is no average human, if he's human at all.
Ryu draws his blood from ancient deities and transformed into a fiend in NG.

My knowledge of Haybusa is vast. In Ninja Gaiden, when you jump off a high places you get hurt or you die.
In one instant. That was in the underground cemetery and it made you have to take the long way. That's why you get a game over if you decide to jump all the way down. Did Hayabusa get hurt when he jumped off a building in DOA4? No.

That's nothing, the Balrog is still far larger then all those tanks and air crafts combined.
Prove it. That still wouldn't say Hiyu would win because Ryu killed someone who was capable of destroying a planet.

t is true he was on the Virge of taking the world over but Hayabusa stoped him. In Strider Mieo was basicly the king of the world and it had been in his possession for quite some time. And only 20% of the population was left, he basicly committed a genocide. I've seen how big Vigor is, I own the game.
Vigoor is not a world. It's an empire.

It wasn't THE moon it was A moon made by Mieo in his ending it shows Strider on the space station preparing to finish Mieo with the moon blowing up and falling to the Earth in the background it is the ending of Strider 2.
Show me where it says he destroyed it.

This once again shows Hiryu is more than human, he may be eternal.
Fiends are eternal beings and that's what Ryu is. If he was to die, he would be resurrected as he was in NG.

Remulous
Ryu draws his blood from ancient deities and transformed into a fiend in NG. Hiryu does not have to draw blood or use any one he is already eternal, he was born that way

In one instant. That was in the underground cemetery and it made you have to take the long way. That's why you get a game over if you decide to jump all the way down. Did Hayabusa get hurt when he jumped off a building in DOA4? No. It's not like he landed straight to the ground.

Prove it. That still wouldn't say Hiyu would win because Ryu killed someone who was capable of destroying a planet. Play the f**king game, try something new other than Final Fantasy, DOA and Ninja Gaiden. Meio can destroy the planet as well, he didn't because he wanted to conquer the world not destroy it. In fact Mieo is so large he can play basket ball with the world.

Vigoor is not a world. It's an empire. I'm aware of that.

Show me where it says he destroyed it. http://lscmainframe.topcities.com/images/strider_2/Hiryu_vs_Meio_2.jpg It shows the 3rd Moon descending toward the earth, after their destructive battle.

Fiends are eternal beings and that's what Ryu is. If he was to die, he would be resurrected as he was in NG. Hiryu does not need to resurrect, he is eternal. Also does he resurrect instantly because if you seem dead and do not move for a period of time the fight is over.

Cloud_VII
Hiryu does not have to draw blood or use any one he is already eternal, he was born that way.
Pretty much like Ryu.

It's not like he landed straight to the ground.
He did so when he first arived in Vigoor. He also hit his body falling from thousands of feet right before he fought the emperor, and wasn't fazed.

Play the f**king game, try something new other than Final Fantasy, DOA and Ninja Gaiden.
I can learn as much information as I can from sources online. I do not have to play games for something that's so trivial as this.

Meio can destroy the planet as well, he didn't because he wanted to conquer the world not destroy it. In fact Mieo is so large he can play basket ball with the world.
Fine, but I don't see how someone the size of Hiryu can overcome someone who can literally grab the world in his hands. I'm sure however Hiryu defeated him, Ryu can defeat him the exact way.

http://lscmainframe.topcities.com/images/strider_2/Hiryu_vs_Meio_2.jpg It shows the 3rd Moon descending toward the earth, after their destructive battle.
Hiryu ascended to the Third Moon and defeated Meio. Where does it say Hiryu used his power to destroy the moon. For all I know, it could have been Meio who destroyed it which would make sense.

Hiryu does not need to resurrect, he is eternal.
You can be killed if you're only destined to live forever. Once you are killed, you would have to be resurrected.

Also does he resurrect instantly because if you seem dead and do not move for a period of time the fight is over.
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_zdegm/is_200406/ai_n9519762

Also, I'm not convinced he would lose since I don't see anything putting Hiryu above Hayabusa. I'm not saying Hayabusa is any better than Hiryu is, either.

Superboy Prime
Good point about Meio being the one destroying the moon, Cloud. That is the proof I asked for when I talked about it earlier. Just because the moon was about to get destroyed while they were fighting doesn't mean it's something Hiryu is capable of doing.

Cloud_VII
Exactly

Remulous
What, it never said he destroyed the moon, I just showed it to you. Alls im sayin is you gotta be powerful to contribute to destroing a moon when it was only one other guy helping you.

Cloud_VII
What, it never said he destroyed the moon, I just showed it to you. Alls im sayin is you gotta be powerful to contribute to destroing a moon when it was only one other guy helping you.
- You were claiming Hiryu destroyed a moon so therefore he would win without a doubt.

- In FFX-2, Yuna, Riku, and Paine would have contributed to destroying a planet if Vegnagun blasted Spira with it's gun before they were able to disable it. They have nothing like the power to destroy a planet.

Remulous
The moon was destroyed from Hiryu and Mieo's battle, nothing else.

Cloud_VII
- Where does it even say the Third Moon was destroyed.

- Whenever I google "Strider Hiryu destroyed moon" all I see is articles saying that he destroyed the Balrog airship.

Remulous
That's what I'm saying, info on the Strider GAMES are not that vast nor that detailed on the net. You will have to actualy play the game to believe it. If the 3rd moon wasn't destroyed the Strider game would've never ended, Mieo wouldn't have died, it was his hole base of opperations. I'll try to find the proff you so desprately desire. Some where on the net.

Cloud_VII
I've been looking for more than a day now...I will say that if you prove that Hiryu is capable of destroying a planet without killing himself in a very short amount of time, I will admit he would beat Hayabusa, even though Ryu overcame an opponent who has planet-destroying capabilities.

Remulous
Planet destroying is nothing, Mieo is a Galactic conquer.

Cloud_VII
This is not about Mieo and seeing as how he is that colossal, how did someone the size of Hiryu pose a threat to him?

Cloud_VII
I'm ok with calling it a tie though.

Remulous
This is not about Mieo. But Strider single handedly beat Mieo. If you wanna just call it a tie, we can. But any body who has REALLY played the Strider games should tell you he will win.

Cloud_VII
Ok I edited that, both seem on par to me. I think Hayabusa will stalemate him and you think Hiryu's better.

Argument over.

Remulous
What a guy!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.