Thanos vs. Dr. Strange.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
Don't think this has been done.
Straight up, classic versions.

long pig
Strange DID slap Thanos' god around for an entire issue afterall.

DigiMark007
Strange has an insane number of counters for powerful attacks, but does he really have enough raw power to beat the Titan?

I'd be inclined to lean toward Thanos until proven otherwise, though I can't say I'm an expert on either one.

Soljer
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Strange has an insane number of counters for powerful attacks, but does he really have enough raw power to beat the Titan?

I'd be inclined to lean toward Thanos until proven otherwise, though I can't say I'm an expert on either one.

Damn, someone should have picked Strange for the tourney, then.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Soljer
Damn, someone should have picked Strange for the tourney, then.

He was banned, largely thanks to lp's scary use of him years ago in a similar tourney (though it didn't quite get him the win... stick out tongue )

And I suppose cheap tactics like time travel and such could prevail here for Strange, but if he just tries to take Thanos out, no matter how many tricks he uses to negate Thanos' attacks or elude his attacks, I have to believe Thanos would win eventually.

long pig
He was banned, largely thanks to lp's scary use of him years ago in a similar tourney (though it didn't quite get him the win... stick out tongue )

And I suppose cheap tactics like time travel and such could prevail here for Strange, but if he just tries to take Thanos out, no matter how many tricks he uses to negate Thanos' attacks or elude his attacks, I have to believe Thanos would win eventually.
Puuulleeze. I got to the last round and I only used one character to do it. I did awesome given the circumstances that include me not knowing what the hell I was talking about.

Raw power means what?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by long pig
Puuulleeze. I got to the last round and I only used one character to do it. I did awesome given the circumstances that include me not knowing what the hell I was talking about.

Raw power means what?

We were all in teh same boat. I had never read a single comic for 2 of my 3 characters for that tourney....it was probably amusingly BS-filled, but meh.

And by raw power, I mean "enough offensive force to KO Thanos".

roughrider
Can Thanos get around the crimson bands of cyttorak?

guy222
Originally posted by roughrider
Don't think this has been done.
Straight up, classic versions.

thanos should win even without a powerup

not a fan of the mage

long pig
We were all in teh same boat. I had never read a single comic for 2 of my 3 characters for that tourney....it was probably amusingly BS-filled, but meh.

And by raw power, I mean "enough offensive force to KO Thanos".
"Amusingly retarded" is it's highest point. That whole tourney was filled with illogical crap. Half of which I created, but still....

I'm feeling a tad nestalgic, maybe someone could "russle" up the ol' thread and see who's the biggest BS'er?

Strange's raw power feats in which he one-shot-destroys(or k.o's) these ojbects.
A planet.
A galactus.
A herald, Nova.
An island.
A Moon.

draxx_tOfU

namor did...

i dont see any problems why thanos couldnt...

Ouallada
Strange is certainly in the same league as Thanos, but I think he was not allowed in the tourney because of the baggage that he brings. Who would want to argue against Strange when he can call upon the Vishanti? Similarly, his low feats are numerous as well, making him difficult to place.

As for this battle, I would be inclined to give Thanos a 6-6.5/10, whether with or without prep. Without prep, Strange is still a human and will be overpowered by Thanos' offense, with gimmicks like time travel probably netting him a win or two. With prep, Strange may get the Vishanti, but Thanos may just go get another uber artifact. Works both ways. Thanos for a slight majority each time.

boriquaking55

those things are weaksauce, Namor recently broke out of them

roughrider
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
namor did...

i dont see any problems why thanos couldnt...

They are supposed to hold the strongest foes at bay, but only if conjoured properly. Dr. Doom tried to put Strange in them, but Strange turned them around and ensnared Doom instead.
Was Strange having a migrane, the day he put Namor in them?

DigiMark007
I think he left Namor....the bands don't have nearly as much power when the caster stops concentrating.

grey fox
This thread has been done a MILLION times.

roughrider
I think he left Namor....the bands don't have nearly as much power when the caster stops concentrating.

That's right - he left the room, I believe.

Priest
Strange is good, but Thanos still edges him out.

boriquaking55
Namor broke the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak with his own sense of Machismo.

Cosmic Flame
Thanos. He's physically and intellectually superior, and he has a knowledge of the mystic arts as well. He's also been around a lot longer than Strange. You don't live as long as he has with the mission that he had without learning how to fight off mystics in the process.

Mider999
does strange get his artifacts, he can kill thanos if he goes all out.

Soljer

Indeed, considering that Strange has trapped the HULK in the crimson bands on multiple occasions.....

roughrider
Originally posted by Mider999
does strange get his artifacts, he can kill thanos if he goes all out.

He has everything he normally has access to; so does Thanos (that means no IG or HOTU.)

long pig
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Namor broke the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak with his own sense of Machismo.
Strange was knocked out. Hard to keep a spell together when you're all...ya'know..unconscious.

Don't forget he's held Namor in them before for hours with no trouble at all. The only reason Namor broke the bands is because of Strange being in his weak astral form and being knocked out from some mental backlash.

The only time anyone has ever broke the bands is because of some weird, unforeseeable plot hole.

Mider999
the bands have even held galactus have they not?

long pig
Originally posted by Mider999
the bands have even held galactus have they not?
I believe so, yeah. Him, his ship, Surfer, Jug and Nova all at once.

bigbran
Strange's raw power feats in which he one-shot-destroys(or k.o's) these ojbects.

A galactus.
Do I have to get the scans again?

Strange never K.Oed Galactus. It was just one-panel in which, in the next one, Galactus was in perfect condition.
All he did was make Galactus stumble. Nothing more.

Although, I would like to see this "K.O Galactus" part, everyone is thinking of, and not this:

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5307/galactusvsdrstrange5cb5.th.jpg

But "forget" to show this:

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6983/galactusvsdrstrange6mi4.th.jpg

I believe so, yeah. Him, his ship, Surfer, Jug and Nova all at once. You mean when Galactus didn't even really acknowledge them?
And Nova blasted them off the ship?

Also, that wasn't Strange that did it. That was Cyttorak.

long pig
There's nothing "perfectly fine" about being hit so hard by a blast that it goes through you and has you falling from space until you're mere feet from the ground.

He was knocked out, otherwise he wouldn't have fallen at all, much less all the way to the ground.

I never said Strange used the bands against Galactus, so what's your point?

Nova blasted the "prototype bands", correct?

bigbran
There's nothing "perfectly fine" about being hit so hard by a blast that it goes through you and has you falling from space until you're mere feet from the ground.

He was knocked out, otherwise he wouldn't have fallen at all, much less all the way to the ground.

I never said Strange used the bands against Galactus, so what's your point?

Nova blasted the "prototype bands", correct? So, this is from space?

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6995/galactusvsdrstrange3cb4.th.jpg

Wait, how does falling a couple of feet, equal getting K.O.ed?
Also, unless Galactus has the fastest healing factor in comics, that blast didn't go through him.

I imagine that Strange doesn't have the same power that Cy does with his bands is all.

I know I posted them on these boards before, just hold on, I'll get the scans.
She blasted them off the ship is from what I recall.

long pig
"so this is from space?"

No, but after Strange is knocked down, Galactus starts to leave and Strange flies up after him. That looks spacey to me. When Galactus falls, it is only because he can no longer support himself with his TK, it pretty much means he's out.

bigbran
"so this is from space?"

No, but after Strange is knocked down, Galactus starts to leave and Strange flies up after him. That looks spacey to me. When Galactus falls, it is only because he can no longer support himself with his TK, it pretty much means he's out. He stood in the same position, and that was barely above those little buildings. Hell, check the last panel. He was nowhere near space.
I can post the whole fight.

Got the Bands thing.
http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/3478/drstrangesorcerersupre49vq.th.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.