House Democrats finish '100 hours' agenda in 42 hours

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
-implement 9/11 commission recommendations- check
-increase minimum wage - check
-expand stem cell research - check
-negotiate drug costs- check
-cut interest rates for student loans - check
-end oil subsidies and invest in renewable energy - check

like them or not, they kept their promise.
now its time for congress to **** it all up.

Bardock42
Well, at least they do stuff, though I am not sure if all those things are that smart.

Soleran
Ok so are you looking to discuss this or gloat?

Cybershinobi
They passed it however it was not within 200 hourts because they spent the first couple days at a football game.

PVS
Originally posted by Soleran
Ok so are you looking to discuss this or gloat?

im just posting it. feel free to express pleasure or displeasure about it, or agrue with someone who feels the opposite about these bills than you do...you may do this by posting in the reply box and hitting "submit reply". welcome to the internet

Soleran
Originally posted by PVS
im just posting it. feel free to express pleasure or displeasure about it, or agrue with someone who feels the opposite about these bills than you do...you may do this by posting in the reply box and hitting "submit reply". welcome to the internet

Awesome witty reply.

I'm glad someone made some PROgress in CONgress.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Soleran

I'm glad someone made some PROgress in CONgress.

I like that line. Might have to borrow it for future referrences.

PVS
the line is supposed to be: if the opposite of 'pro' is 'con', then whats the opposite of "progress"?

botankus
Seems kind of rushed. If my team were playing in the Super Bowl, I'd rather have the staff and players spend 100 hours on preparation on it instead of 42. Maybe it's the old "quality versus quantity" thing.

FeceMan
Why would he be gloating over this? Yippee, the politicians got things done quickly for a change. Clearly, it's because Republicans are notoriously inefficient.

WrathfulDwarf
This reminds me of the dumb kid at school taking a test.

"Look! Ms. Jenkins I finish first!"

"Timmy, you need to answer the questions not just put your name and date on the test"

*the whole classroom laughs at Timmy*

PVS
i cant imagine whom i would be gloating against. i know some argue against raising minimum wage, because they are idiots...but as for the rest...i dont know
unless someone says something like:
"OMG!!! THOSE LIBERALS WANT TO CUT MY STUDENT LOAN INTEREST??? BASTARDS!!!! DONT FORCE YOUR RATE REDUCTIONS ON ME ****ERS!!!!"

or

"GODDAMNIT NOW MY GRANDMA MIGHT BE ABLE AFFORD HER HEART PILLS!!! BASTARDS!!!"

or even

"THEY'RE TRYIN STOP OUR DEPENDANCY ON ARABS!!!"

maybe ill have the opportunity to gloat. i wait patiently

perhaps some are upset over fulfilling the requests of the 9/11 commision? yeah, im lost

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
perhaps some are upset over fulfilling the requests of the 9/11 commision? yeah, im lost
No, they're upset because it was done by Democrats. And since Democrats are, well, Democrats, then it must be bad.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
This reminds me of the dumb kid at school taking a test.

"Look! Ms. Jenkins I finish first!"

"Timmy, you need to answer the questions not just put your name and date on the test"

*the whole classroom laughs at Timmy*

If this reminds you of that, then I suggest you find something to comment on that you can understand.

Bardock42
Well, they should just not randomly invest money in shit. If renewable energies are efficent the industry will develop it on it's own. The government should just shut the **** up.

Minimum wages are generally shit. Though to some extent necessary at the moment.

Soleran
Originally posted by FeceMan
Why would he be gloating over this? Yippee, the politicians got things done quickly for a change. Clearly, it's because Republicans are notoriously inefficient.

Democrats and Republicans, honestly I don't care our bipartisan system just reminds me of bad sales training when I listen to their speeches.

I cannot believe the state of Missouri is ahead of the federal govt on a number of those issues as well.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
If this reminds you of that, then I suggest you find something to comment on that you can understand.

Thank you for the suggestion. But I'm quite comfy were I'am. Appreciate the thought. smile

Strangelove
Conservatives have no reason to be upset except that this Congress did more in 42 hours than the 109th Congress did in two years.

Of course, by removing the tax breaks on oil companies, some neocons are seeing it as raising taxes. I even heard the old Republican stand-by "tax-and-spend liberal." Indeed, that label baffles me because every government taxes and then spends

Kinneary
... If you really don't understand what "tax-and-spend" means, then I seriously doubt your ability to understand anything.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Kinneary
... If you really don't understand what "tax-and-spend" means, then I seriously doubt your ability to understand anything. Then elaborate, oh Grand Translator of Right-Wing Speak, what does it mean?

Capt_Fantastic

No. It's because politicians are inefficient. Only someone who wants to propigate party lines would blame it on one side or the other. Or vice versa. Period.

It's just too bad you post pays respects to party lines.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Strangelove
Of course, by removing the tax breaks on oil companies, some neocons are seeing it as raising taxes. I even heard the old Republican stand-by "tax-and-spend liberal." Indeed, that label baffles me because every government taxes and then spends

Well, this is not quite true. Most Republican governments rape any surplus that exists prior to their reign, and then start stripping away what little social programs there are anyway. They then leave the mess for the next incumbent. By doing this they will have also diminished democracy by transferring decisions out of the public arena into private hands. Basically, they're bandits because the people who end up suffering the fall-out is the general population, not the top 1% who have the money to withstand it.

For more on this issue, and much more, check out Noam Chomsky's Imperial Ambitions.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
No. It's because politicians are inefficient. Only someone who wants to propigate party lines would blame it on one side or the other. Or vice versa. Period.

It's just too bad you post pays respects to party lines.
The comment about Republicans being inefficient was made in jest.

Capt_Fantastic
The comment about Republicans being inefficient was made in jest.

Yes, I understand that.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Yes, I understand that.
Then I'm confused as to where my post "pays respect to party lines."

docb77

Or perhaps the Dems were just extremely efficient at blocking the other sides goals... Federal judges come to mind.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by docb77
Or perhaps the Dems were just extremely efficient at blocking the other sides goals... Federal judges come to mind.

Hahaha...

Strangelove
Originally posted by docb77
Or perhaps the Dems were just extremely efficient at blocking the other sides goals... Federal judges come to mind. You are officially a moron

reggie_jax
edit

Adam_PoE
^ His dick ain't shit either.

docb77
Originally posted by Strangelove
You are officially a moron

And you're an unofficial one. What's the difference?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.