Farewell Forever Dreamcast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/18/sega-set-to-cease-gd-rom-production-spells-end-for-dreamcast-ga/

Any hopes for a future Dreamcast revival have been shut down.

Permanently.

sad

JToTheP
I'm sure most of Dreamcast's best games have been ported/remade/will be eventually. Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 were, the Power Stone Saga is on PSP, Code:veronica is on Ps2, and GC.

ToMacco
I've got a buddy who has every single game for the NES on one disc for the Dreamcast. Lucky bastard.

SaTsuJiN
pff.. people are modding the games that were made for dreamcast anyways...

like Marvel vs Capcom 2 with a Rhapsody soundtrack?.. totally awesome

but oh well.. if sega wants to spit on something that can possibly net them some pocket change then so be it

Pulse2
RIP Dreamcast :P Maybe its for the best, now Sonic can be shared amongst other consoles smile

Impediment
Originally posted by Pulse2
RIP Dreamcast :P Maybe its for the best, now Sonic can be shared amongst other consoles smile

Sonic already was......................ermm

Pulse2
Originally posted by Impediment
Sonic already was......................ermm I know, but Sonic was fed up being hogged by Sega, and wanted to explore other console worlds :P

Long live Sega :P

MadMel
heres to sega *raises glass*
and to sonic hopefully appearing on SSBB laughing out loud

SaTsuJiN
only if he controls like old school sonic

I hate sonic adventures.. but I love the art style

WrathfulDwarf
I wonder if it was the PS2 or the N64 that really kill the Dreamcast.

dirkdirden
I still play the emulators every now and on my dream cast.

wuTa
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I wonder if it was the PS2 or the N64 that really kill the Dreamcast.

I would say Sony. Dreamcast couldn't even compete with Playstation, let alot PS2.

BackFire
Dreamcast got an unfair fate, it was a wonderful system with some truley outstanding games.

It was poor marketing that did the system in.

wuTa
I agree, I bought one years ago, about a month ago I rediscovered it, hooked the beast up, and played it for one night before it broke down on me.

SaTsuJiN
lol.. I just hooked mine up the other day n played some Psychic Force 2012... of course I totally whooped my friend (as Burn) with me as Keith happy

LinixCobra
Originally posted by BackFire
Dreamcast got an unfair fate, it was a wonderful system with some truley outstanding games.

Agreed. I remember seeing only 1 game being marketed on TV and that was Shenmue. Dreamcast was years ahead of the competition but like XBOX 1 vs PS2... fan base plus not enough marketing took it down.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by BackFire

The Dreamcast was about twice as powerful as the Playstation2. Sega made the Dreamcast just to play games. I mean the Dreamcast could have had some of the best games of all time on their console.

dirkdirden
sega burned some bridges with the early end of the saturn a lot of developers where in the middle of developing games when they pulled the plug on the saturn so most of them didn't support the dreamcast at all.

Dreamcast would have been great if the saturn didn't bomb so damn bad and working design would still be around.

ESB -1138
The Saturn would have been great if Sega announced it. The Saturn just popped up into stores and no ONE knew it was coming out.

dirkdirden
Originally posted by ESB -1138
The Saturn would have been great if Sega announced it. The Saturn just popped up into stores and no ONE knew it was coming out.

The saturn was really good I bought it on opening day and got all the good games and still play them today.

Dragon Force I and II
Grandia I
Xmen vs streetfighter
Shinging force III with the 2 imports
Sonic 3d Blast
command and conquer
nighter into dreams - most ground break game of that time.
Street fighter alpha 2
Panzer Dragoon saga
Shining the Holy Ark
Virtua Fighter 2
Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean
Panzer Dragoon
bomberman
blazing heros
Shining Wisdom

all they needed was better management to have better advertising.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.