Recommended PS2 games?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maestro
Right I've decided to get a PS2 for temporary until the PS3 comes out (yes Europe sucks major balls). At the moment I've done a list of the games I'm most likely to buy, but can anyone recommend anything that isn't on my list which is good? I'm open to anything apart from American sport games and racing games. Look forward to the input (if there is any confused ).

Heres my list:

Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 3
Metal Gear Solid 3: Substinence
Shadow of the Colossus
Jak 3
Resident Evil 4
Canis Canem edit aka Bully for all you americans
ICO
Psychonauts
Katamari Damacy
Okami-not released yet in Europe

P.S I've played God of War and all the timesplitters games so they're games that I won't be getting.

Rewmac
Castlevania : Curse Of Darkness...Long, fairly difficulity level, although bit low on graphics but got shit load of upgrades (Devils maaan try to get all the different spieces), cool weapons and a good story...

Champions of Norrath and Chapions : Return to Arms...

Well these games are like Action RPG (bit Lineage 2 in my opinion) on the Ps2. No click-n-point, good characters to make great abilities, good mission, good quests, great story.

Onimusha 3 and Onimusha - Dawn Of Dreams...(must have action games)

Final Fantasy X - Best in series (turn based)...A great RPg in my opinion...

Marvel Ultimate Alliance, X-Men Legends 1-2, Superman : Returns, Justice League Heroes ---> Hmmm...For me these are must haves...

Maestro
Originally posted by Rewmac
Castlevania : Curse Of Darkness...Long, fairly difficulity level, although bit low on graphics but got shit load of upgrades (Devils maaan try to get all the different spieces), cool weapons and a good story...

Champions of Norrath and Chapions : Return to Arms...

Well these games are like Action RPG (bit Lineage 2 in my opinion) on the Ps2. No click-n-point, good characters to make great abilities, good mission, good quests, great story.

Onimusha 3 and Onimusha - Dawn Of Dreams...(must have action games)

Final Fantasy X - Best in series (turn based)...A great RPg in my opinion...

Marvel Ultimate Alliance, X-Men Legends 1-2, Superman : Returns, Justice League Heroes ---> Hmmm...For me these are must haves...

Yeah good list. I think Onimusha is a good shout, never got around to playing any of them so don't know which is the best one, so it would be nice if you could tell me. For the rest, I've played the 'comic' games and found them to be good in bits but inconsistent on the whole ( yea i'm pretty picky). Some of the ones you listed though, champions of norrath I haven't even seen in stores so probably aren't that mainstream, so I dunno if I could pick those up, but nonetheless cheers for the recommendations thumb up

MadMel
kingdom hearts, FFX...nuff said laughing out loud

Pulse2
Yay! Wipeout for PS3! ^^ I'm excited to play that game. Fingers crossed.

As for your list, hmm, you need to give us more of an idea of the games you're into, or are you just trying anything? Pick and mix.

Maestro
Originally posted by Pulse2
Yay! Wipeout for PS3! ^^ I'm excited to play that game. Fingers crossed.

As for your list, hmm, you need to give us more of an idea of the games you're into, or are you just trying anything? Pick and mix.

Yeh I'm open to most things from looking at my list, just not american sport games or racing games big grin

JToTheP
Ratchet & Clank quad-rilogy, God Of War, Grand Theft Auto Trilogy, Jak & Daxter Trilogy, Metal Gear Solid 3messedubsistence

Maestro
Is there any great difference between metal gear solid 3 & subsistence?, it's because I decided to get the previous as I don't think the latter will add that much generally, otherwise I'll do a swap for them.

IceJaw
Subsinstence has multiplayer online.

Pulse2
Too true, GOW2 is coming out, might wanna snag that at some point as well smile

JToTheP
Originally posted by IceJaw
Subsinstence has multiplayer online.

AND an ENTIRELY.BETTER.CAMERA.FOR.SINGLE.PLAYER.

And Duel Mode, Metal Gear 1 & 2 from MSX, Theater movies, and Secret Theater.

IceJaw
I had no problem with the first camera. srug

Didn't you unlock Duel mode in the original? MG1 & 2 = close to impossible. Unlockable. Secret theater?

JToTheP
Originally posted by IceJaw
I had no problem with the first camera. srug

Didn't you unlock Duel mode in the original? MG1 & 2 = close to impossible. Unlockable. Secret theater?

The camera was worse then 2, which sucked anyway.

I didn't try, I prefur Subsistance for the features and camera anyway.

Yes Secret Theater, beat the game and see.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.