Elizabeth.....Anne Bonny?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

charrmgirl2007
Cynxx over at IMDB posted this....
"I've already posted my perception about Elizabeth in a thread, but I thought it would be better to make a topic about it.

I think Elizabeth's character is a bit based on the Anne Bonny story.
(A famous female pirate in history)

She was just like Elizabeth an educated lady, but when she moved to the Carribean with her husband she got "bored" with her upperclass lifestyle so she got into pirating and dressed herself like a man
(because it's bad luck to have a woman on board) Just like Elizabeth did in the second movie.

Anne Bonny fell in love with Calico JACK or John Rackham. Also a famous pirate back then. (hint?)

Here's a link for Anne Bonny's story: http://www.piratesinfo.com/biography/biography.php?article_id=26

And Calico Jack: http://www.piratesinfo.com/biography/biography.php?article_id=26

So what do you think?

1. Elizabeth....Anne Bonny?
2. Would Disney base her character on the entire Anne Bonny story? including her falling in love with JACK?"

It would make sense....what do you all think?
lol

surfchikpir8fan
I think so, but on a more disney level .... or maybe not, lol. Yeah I noticed alot of simularities when I read one of her biographies and posted them on the Anne Bonny thread.

It's interesting indeed, possibley but I think alot female pirates follow that story.

T.Maria
i think you might be on to something here.

However, i get the feeling that the writers may have done this intentionally, and then maybe found out about the Anne Bonny story.

Have the writers ever mentions anne bonny in any interviews or anything???

I find this very interesting....

Makes you think, eh??

Chiki Mina
I think so smile

Nothing is really out of place in this story. It all seems to connect.

SarahB
hhhmm yh it does make me think.........

they both sound quite similar i guess...ive never actually quite read the anne bonny story so frm wat ive heard in this thread i think they might ov gt an idea from there..

ive actually never heard anything in the interviews nd stuff, mayb they dnt want ppl to think they like cnt think ov anything themselves even tho they thought ov all the j/l relationship..................AnyWay..yh it kinda made me think lol..this is just my theory/opinion

T.Maria
i like the fact that this anne bonny fell inlove with a 'JACK' ..now that is NOT just a coink-e-dink big grin

SarahB
sry off topic again but POTC 2 on box office 2morrow!!! brap brapbig grinbig grinbig grin lol cnt waitsmile

Chiki Mina
I think we should make a count down thread for when the trailer shows up lol Feb 4th stick out tongue

SarahB
yh:Psmile

SarahB
6 hours and 45 mins

T.Maria
it will be longer than that for me sad

*goes and cries in the corner*

SarahB
awww- where do u live?

(6 hours and 33mins)

Chiki Mina
Wait, I'm confused. 6 hours and 33 mins till what no expression lol

SarahB
til wen potc:dmc comes on box office 2 moz lol

(5 hours 53 mins)

Chiki Mina
ohh lol stick out tongue

a-k-a-amber
I like it!

PirateDiva
U know maybe they did research Anne Bonny for the making of Elizabeth...too many similarties!! big grin

Chiki Mina
I know, piratediva!

Just too many similarities...T&T are geniuses...they don't do this for nothing smile

PirateDiva
Anne fell in Love with a Notorious Pirate!!!

Elizabeth and JAck (also a Notorious Pirate)....could it be LOVE!! I THINK SOOOOOO!!!! eek!

SarahB
hehe :P- yh

(soz this might annoy ppl but..............3 hours and 13mins)

Chiki Mina
lol^^

This should go to the symbols thread stick out tongue

PirateDiva
I think it should too....big grin Makes Sense!

T.Maria
Originally posted by SarahB
awww- where do u live?

(6 hours and 33mins)

i live in england...rainy, cold and extremely miserable england sad

the birth place of simon cowell (although we do tend to put our noses up at his name because he's made us out to be snobby, arrogant and stuck up to all the americans sad...hes tarnished our good name lol)

And also the place where Johnny is right now wink hehehe...

so i guess we aint all bad big grin

Can i ask while we are on the subject of trailors....which movie will POTC trailer be shown on???????

Chiki Mina
I heard it was going to be on Ghost Rider.

But the earliest way to see the trailer is on the superbowl feb 4th big grin

SarahB
oh kl...live in england 2.....oh yh its wednesday! lol its on box office now soz 4 tht.

I might go nd check out the superbowl on feb 4th ..thnx 4 thtsmile

calypso
Yep, sounds like our cold, princess Elizabeth. She seemed to make male alliances the same way Lizzy does. Oh, well if you can, why not. Pirate!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.