Batman vs. DareDevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

YFZ 350
Suprisingly I did a search and nothing came up. I'm sure it's been done before though. Anyways they both have standard gear and are fighting in Hells Kitchen at around 11:45 PM eastern time.

braz
this has been done to death. but ill be easy on you though because u couldnt find it via search function. thx for using it though. smile alot of newbies dont even do that.

but as for the fight, Bats wins. he's got hyper sonics.

guy222
Originally posted by YFZ 350
Suprisingly I did a search and nothing came up. I'm sure it's been done before though. Anyways they both have standard gear and are fighting in Hells Kitchen at around 11:45 PM eastern time.

bats ftw

YFZ 350
I used the forum search function and Yahoo search and nothing came up.

As for the fight I just recently saw the amazing Batman thread but DareDevil has a huge senses advantage which should help him.

Accel
This is really more of a common sense fight than any thing. The Search may not be 100% helpful, but the fact that this forum has nearly 700 pages on it should say that this fight has been done at least half a dozen times.

You get the benefit of the doubt, since you're new and all though.

Loot
Batman wins

Soljer
The senses will be a boon, but I'd say that Batman has a slight skill advantage that would even if up. This, in my opinion, could go 5/10.

Unless Batman deduces that Daredevil has hyper senses. Or, if Batman just randomly uses a flashbang, as he is quite known to do.

Badabing
This is very close. I want to say it's a draw but I'm giving Bats a slight edge. IMO, he has a better chance going up against people who he's never fought before. Bats 5.5/10. I think a draw or even 6/10 either way is fair. cool

xmeat
the batman

Metalmanx
Daredevil for the win. Greatest Detective in the world or not, Batman isn't going to figure out DD is blind in the heat of a fast-paced fight.

In the comics, Batman only figured it out after the fight, while he was conversing with DD and noticing his odd movements.

This won't happen in a fight. Daredevil takes him 6-7/10.

Soljer
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Daredevil for the win. Greatest Detective in the world or not, Batman isn't going to figure out DD is blind in the heat of a fast-paced fight.

In the comics, Batman only figured it out after the fight, while he was conversing with DD and noticing his odd movements.

This won't happen in a fight. Daredevil takes him 6-7/10.

I knew you'd come. smile.

While I agree that Batman (probably) wouldn't figure out that Daredevil has hyper senses within a fast paced fight (he has done it before, though...), Batman is the type to use gas and flashbangs REGARDLESS of the senses of his opponents.

Both of which would be ridiculously debilitating to Daredevil.

Besides that, in hand to hand, I'd say Batman has the slight skill advantage, while Daredevil has the radar sense to more than make up for it.

StarsNeverFall7
Does him being blind really matter though?

Bats has him beat in almost every category, except his respatory senses, which unless he is trying to hear Bats sneaking up which he hasn't been able to do before then well..yea.

Bats 8/10

Soljer
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7

Bats has him beat in almost every category, except his respatory senses, which unless he is trying to hear Bats sneaking up which he hasn't been able to do before then well..yea.

Bats 8/10

Daredevil may not HEAR batman, but his radar sense will certainly tell Daredevil exactly where Batman is at all times.

Not to mention Daredevil's capability to senses the nerve impulses in a foe's body, to judge when, where, and how an attack is coming.

batdude123
Each competitor gets some knowledge on their opponent, right?

So, in that case, Batman does this:

http://img56.imageshack.us/my.php?image=super3.jpg

And then uses a death touch ftw. smile

Darth Macabre

Bats 8/10

Almost every category? Please.

I'd go with Daredevil 5.1/10....Depending on if Batman figures it out or not.

braz
i think Batman would be able to figure out if he was blind and had enhanced senses. i mean, if Bullseye was able to figure it out in the movie, then why couldnt the worlds greatest detective and like the smartest character in DC comics figure it out? erm

Soljer
Originally posted by batdude123
Each competitor gets some knowledge on their opponent, right?

So, in that case, Batman does this:

http://img56.imageshack.us/my.php?image=super3.jpg

And then uses a death touch ftw. smile

Common knowledge. The things that are well known throughout the respective universe.

The fact that Superman is weak to Kryptonite is known by tons of people, it's been published in the Daily Planet before.

The fact that Spiderman can shoot webs from his wrists has been all over the Bugle.

The fact that Daredevil is blind is a surprise to anyone that figures it out.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by braz
i think Batman would be able to figure out if he was blind and had enhanced senses. i mean, if Bullseye was able to figure it out in the movie, then why couldnt the worlds greatest detective and like the smartest character in DC comics figure it out? erm

And Batman had nipples on his suit in the movies. no expression

Still want to use the movies in this thread?

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
Common knowledge. The things that are well known throughout the respective universe.

The fact that Superman is weak to Kryptonite is known by tons of people, it's been published in the Daily Planet before.

The fact that Spiderman can shoot webs from his wrists has been all over the Bugle.

The fact that Daredevil is blind is a surprise to anyone that figures it out.

The Batman/Daredevil encounter is noncanon, right?

StarsNeverFall7
Yep beat in almost every category...sad but true.

He is a better fighter, stronger, more experience, just as fast, just as agile, not to mention a ton more gadgets at his disposal.

braz
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
And Batman had nipples on his suit in the movies. no expression

Still want to use the movies in this thread?

thats one of the movie versions and u just had to pick the worst one. hmm, lets see, lets pick Batman Begins Bats, he was able to beat up 4 highly trained ninjas trained on the same level as him all at once, and take out 5 armed gunmen all at once.

and Bats is like 10 times smarter in the comics, he'd figure out that DD is blind. hes one of the best characters at exploiting weaknesses, because he has to cuz he lacks superpowers.

Soljer
The Batman/Daredevil encounter is noncanon, right?

I, personally, believe that it is not out of character for Batman to deduce Daredevil's hyper senses. He's done it to other characters while in the midst of a battle.

Why not?

Also, as far as that encoutner goes, Im not sure whether it is canon or not. I've heard both that it is and is not. Who knows?

Darth Macabre
Yep beat in almost every category...sad but true.

He is a better fighter, stronger, more experience, just as fast, just as agile, not to mention a ton more gadgets at his disposal.

All of those things are debatable......baring experience and gadgets. But it was already listed that they have their regular gear, so in this fight that doesn't matter.

Soljer
All of those things are debatable......baring experience and gadgets. But it was already listed that they have their regular gear, so in this fight that doesn't matter.

Regular gear includes nerve gasses and sonics.

Also, speed and agility are the most debatable of the attributes. Batman's strength feats outstrip Daredevil's, and Batman's skill feats, more often than not, are more impressive than Matt's.

batdude123
I, personally, believe that it is not out of character for Batman to deduce Daredevil's hyper senses. He's done it to other characters while in the midst of a battle.

Why not?

Also, as far as that encoutner goes, Im not sure whether it is canon or not. I've heard both that it is and is not. Who knows?

It's definitely not something Bruce isn't capable of, that's for sure. Not to mention, he's used his hypersonics as an exploration to test opponents before. He could very well do that to DD and totally f*ck him up.

Not to mention, he could set his suit to discharge electricity when touched. My favorite part of Hush was when he was out cold and the gang of thugs around him got their asses kicked by nothing other than the suit's defenses. laughing

Darth Macabre
thats one of the movie versions and u just had to pick the worst one. hmm, lets see, lets pick Batman Begins Bats, he was able to beat up 4 highly trained ninjas trained on the same level as him all at once, and take out 5 armed gunmen all at once.

and Bats is like 10 times smarter in the comics, he'd figure out that DD is blind. hes one of the best characters at exploiting weaknesses, because he has to cuz he lacks superpowers. I had to pick the worst one? It's still a Batman movie, regardless of your opinion. And he beat four cannon fodder ninjas in Begins...Wow, big accomplishment.

And yes, Bruce could figure it out...hence me saying he could. But, when he's getting punched in the face, I doubt he will.

StarsNeverFall7
Yep regular gear, Bats has a lot more at his disposal than two billy clubs.

YFZ 350

Why not?

Also, as far as that encoutner goes, Im not sure whether it is canon or not. I've heard both that it is and is not. Who knows? The Batman/DD fight is thought by some to be cannon? Based on what?

Soljer
It's definitely not something Bruce isn't capable of, that's for sure. Not to mention, he's used his hypersonics as an exploration to test opponents before. He could very well do that to DD and totally f*ck him up.

Not to mention, he could set his suit to discharge electricity when touched. My favorite part of Hush was when he was out cold and the gang of thugs around him got their asses kicked by nothing other than the suit's defenses. laughing

laughing laughing laughing

Darth Macabre
Regular gear includes nerve gasses and sonics.

Also, speed and agility are the most debatable of the attributes. Batman's strength feats outstrip Daredevil's, and Batman's skill feats, more often than not, are more impressive than Matt's.

Yes, I know what Bruce's regular gear consists of...But what does that have to do with anything? He said his gadgets are better, and I agreed but sonics and nerve gasses are just the tip of Bruce's gadget iceberg; hence, that argument is a bit off.

braz
I had to pick the worst one? It's still a Batman movie, regardless of your opinion. And he beat four cannon fodder ninjas in Begins...Wow, big accomplishment.

w/e.

and how the hell do u know DD's gunna be all over Batman just like that? im sure he'll see him coming from a mile away, especially if this fight is in Gotham. and Batmans superior skill and strength just about balances the scale for DD's radar sense. i say its a stalemate h2h. add in gadgets and DD goes down.

Darth Macabre
w/e.

and how the hell do u know DD's gunna be all over Batman just like that? im sure he'll see him coming from a mile away, especially if this fight is in Gotham. and Batmans superior skill and strength just about balances the scale for DD's radar sense. i say its a stalemate h2h. add in gadgets and DD goes down.

It's already been stated this fight's in Hells Kitchen...

Soljer
Yes, I know what Bruce's regular gear consists of...But what does that have to do with anything? He said his gadgets are better, and I agreed but sonics and nerve gasses are just the tip of Bruce's gadget iceberg; hence, that argument is a bit off.

Not really. Because even the tip of Batman's iceberg is larger than Daredevil's entire repetoir.

And that wasn't a penis joke.

Seriously. no expression.

StarsNeverFall7
Nope I said a ton more gadgets at his disposal, nothing about anything being better.

braz
It's already been stated this fight's in Hells Kitchen...

lol. yea i just remembered. doh

Darth Macabre
Not really. Because even the tip of Batman's iceberg is larger than Daredevil's entire repetoir.

And that wasn't a penis joke.

Seriously. no expression. laughing Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
Nope I said a ton more gadgets at his disposal, nothing about anything being better.

Quality is better than quantity.

Take for example if Batman had a thousand kleenex tissue holders, and DD had one....I don't know, Atom bomb...Who win's that fight? stick out tongue

srankmissingnin
Physically Daredevil is an amalgam of both Batman and Nightwing. He is as strong and skilled as Bruce (if not more so) and he is as fast and agile as Nightwing... to top that off he also has superhuman senses and godly reaction time. With Daredevil speed/agility edge and radar sense he is going to be hitting Batman more while getting hit less. Batman will be on the defensive the entire fight, and there will never be a break in combat long enough for him to reach into his belt that wont end in DD railing him. Unless Batman goes straight for the gagets the moment the fight starts he is going to lose.

StarsNeverFall7
Yep and the quality of Bruce's gadgets is top notch. Not only does he have more resources available, those resources are more versatile, and a lot more than two clubs.

^ DD stronger than Batman? No. As skilled as 127 mastered fighting styles? Doubt it.

Soljer
laughing

Quality is better than quantity.

Take for example if Batman had a thousand kleenex tissue holders, and DD had one....I don't know, Atom bomb...Who win's that fight? stick out tongue

But Batman wins on quality and quantity.

A baton versus sonics, gas, lasers, teleporation devices, batarangs of all sorts, and etc?

All of which comes on his belt?

I think it's clear that Daredevil is the one stuck holding the kleenexs in this fight.

Soljer
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Physically Daredevil is an amalgam of both Batman and Nightwing. He is as strong and skilled as Bruce (if not more so) and he is as fast and agile as Nightwing... to top that off he also has superhuman senses and godly reaction time. With Daredevil speed/agility edge and radar sense he is going to be hitting Batman more while getting hit less. Batman will be on the defensive the entire fight, and there will never be a break in combat long enough for him to reach into his belt that wont end in DD railing him. Unless Batman goes straight for the gagets the moment the fight starts he is going to lose.

What the f**k?

Batman has speed feats to match any of Daredevils. His strength feats outstrip Daredevil's. His skill feats are more impressive than Daredevil's. Batman's been able to use gadgets as a matter of course while fighting VERY skilled, VERY fast opponents.

batdude123
He is as strong and skilled as Bruce (if not more so)

no expression

Pffffffffffft. Come on now....

Not to mention, Batman has crazy reflex/reaction time feats as well. DD's senses make up for the other advantages Batman holds over Matt, including the durability advantage with the suit (although, he could easily set the suit to "stun"wink. You add the gadgets, and Batman would take the majority.

srankmissingnin
What the f**k?

Batman has speed feats to match any of Daredevils. His strength feats outstrip Daredevil's. His skill feats are more impressive than Daredevil's. Batman's been able to use gadgets as a matter of course while fighting VERY skilled, VERY fast opponents.

Batman's speed feats don't match Daredevils, they put him roughly in the same ball park but the same goes for Nightwing and Batman, and Dick is faster and more agile then Batman. There strength feats are about even Daredevil has used a 400lbs barbell as a boo-staff, flipped a limo and ripped a bolted mail box out of concrete and use it as a club. Batman getting into his belt while fighting a faster, equally skilled opponent is PIS. If you were fight your self... only he was faster and had a radar sense do you think you'd be able to reach into your pocket and pull out a switch blade with out getting beat unconscious?

Darth Macabre

But Batman wins on quality and quantity.

A baton versus sonics, gas, lasers, teleporation devices, batarangs of all sorts, and etc?

All of which comes on his belt?

I think it's clear that Daredevil is the one stuck holding the kleenexs in this fight.

Oh, I know...I wasn't saying any different. I was just being an ass.

Darth Macabre
Batman's speed feats don't match Daredevils, they put him roughly in the same ball park but the same goes for Nightwing and Batman, and Dick is faster and more agile then Batman. There strength feats are about even Daredevil has used a 400lbs barbell as a boo-staff, flipped a limo and ripped a bolted mail box out of concrete and use it as a club. Batman getting into his belt while fighting a faster, equally skilled opponent is PIS. If you were fight your self... only he was faster and had a radar sense do you think you'd be able to reach into your pocket and pull out a switch blade with out getting beat unconscious?

In my opinion, Nightwing isn't faster than Bruce. no expression

But like I said; 5.1/10 to DD, depending on if Batman uses his sonics right off the bat or figures out that DD has enhanced senses.

StarsNeverFall7
Yep and Nightwing despite his skill is still second to Batman. Batman uses his gadgets all the time against faster opponents. Equally skilled? Said before you're going to tell me DD's on par with 127 mastered fighting styles, I think not. Hes dealt with Batgirl before, she has the same ability to read peoples moves as DD and he can still stalemate/beat her. Add the gadgets into the mix, its a fight DD isn't winning.

srankmissingnin
In my opinion, Nightwing isn't faster than Bruce. no expression

But like I said; 5.1/10 to DD, depending on if Batman uses his sonics right off the bat or figures out that DD has enhanced senses.

It's hardly a matter of oppinion, it's been said more the once... confused

Soljer

Batman was casually working out with well over a ton. He's ripped steel, punched through concrete, knocked people through countless brick walls, kicked trees wider than a man in half, and has tossed VERY large men as if they were a toddler.

Flipping a limo isn't a stretch for a REAL world strongman. Any of Batman's feats are.

Batman's speed feats aren't outmatched by Daredevils, as they've never had a direct comparison. We can only go by apparent depiction, and level of difficulty.

Both of which, Batman would win in the end.

And yes, Batman could easily fight an opponent who is only arguably AS fast as him, and LESS skilled while reaching for gadgets.

Darth Macabre
It's hardly a matter of oppinion, it's been said more the once... confused

And it's been said that Tim is smarter than Bruce.

Feat for feat, Batman can hang with Nightwing.

srankmissingnin
Yep and Nightwing despite his skill is still second to Batman. Batman uses his gadgets all the time against faster opponents. Equally skilled? Said before you're going to tell me DD's on par with 127 mastered fighting styles, I think not. Hes dealt with Batgirl before, she has the same ability to read peoples moves as DD and he can still stalemate/beat her. Add the gadgets into the mix, its a fight DD isn't winning.

Batman can't stalemate Cass, even in their training season (when Bruce arrogantly thought he won) he ended up cough up blood while Cass had a smirk on her face. Even when they were under the influence of drugs (I've forgotten what it was called) Bruce was not only on the defensive the entire fight, he was actually on the run! And on top of that he was using gadgets... and Cass was only trying to land a kiss on Bruce, not fight him.

Daredevil is one of the premire fighters in the marvel Universe. He has held his own against people in combat who have been stated on panel to be masters of ever fighting style known to man. IF Bruce is superior, it is a very slight edge.

StarsNeverFall7
Wasn't that comment made in part with him being able to figure out that Batman was Bruce Wayne?

batdude123
Batman was casually working out with well over a ton. He's ripped steel, punched through concrete, knocked people through countless brick walls, kicked trees wider than a man in half, and has tossed VERY large men as if they were a toddler.

Flipping a limo isn't a stretch for a REAL world strongman. Any of Batman's feats are.

Batman's speed feats aren't outmatched by Daredevils, as they've never had a direct comparison. We can only go by apparent depiction, and level of difficulty.

Both of which, Batman would win in the end.

And yes, Batman could easily fight an opponent who is only arguably AS fast as him, and LESS skilled while reaching for gadgets.

I'll even give you some ammo for this debate.

batdude123
Batman can't stalemate Cass, even in their training season (when Bruce arrogantly thought he won) he ended up cough up blood while Cass had a smirk on her face. Even when they were under the influence of drugs (I've forgotten what it was called) Bruce was not only on the defensive the entire fight, he was actually on the run! And on top of that he was using gadgets... and Cass was only trying to land a kiss on Bruce, not fight him.

Daredevil is one of the premire fighters in the marvel Universe. He has held his own against people in combat who have been stated on panel to be masters of ever fighting style known to man. IF Bruce is superior, it is a very slight edge.

During the training session he wasn't even going all out. Don't make me start this again. stick out tongue

StarsNeverFall7
I was just about to bring it up that Bruce was excessively calm for the session while Cass was bloodlusted because of the drug at hand.

srankmissingnin
Pretty sure Bruce was under the effect of the drug also.

StarsNeverFall7
Yes he was, but he was far from the bloodlusted state that Cass was in.

srankmissingnin
During the training session he wasn't even going all out. Don't make me start this again. stick out tongue

Oh... not this again! lol

batdude123
Pretty sure Bruce was under the effect of the drug also.

During the training session, Batman had one hand behind his back for the good majority of that battle. erm

Soljer

Indeed, one handed and telling her how shittily she was fighting? Yeah. He was certainly bloodlusted.

And, while they were both under the effects of Soul, Batman was fairly clear headed, while Cass was closer to blood lusted. And he still stalemated her all over Gotham.

batdude123
Oh... not this again! lol

evil face

srankmissingnin
Yes he was, but he was far from the bloodlusted state that Cass was in.

Psh! She was just trying to kiss him wink

Accel
With gadgets, Bats takes the majority. The guy has so many toys, it's just a matter if time before he pulled out something to mess with DD's senses.

Without gadgets, I'd give the majority to DD. I believe his senses combined with his agility would give him the upper hand in pure H2H.

batdude123
Originally posted by Accel
With gadgets, Bats takes the majority. The guy has so many toys, it's just a matter if time before he pulled out something to mess with DD's senses.

Without gadgets, I'd give the majority to DD. I believe his senses combined with his agility would give him the upper hand in pure H2H.

That's a fair and accurate assessment.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Accel

Without gadgets, I'd give the majority to DD. I believe his senses combined with his agility would give him the upper hand in pure H2H. yes

Soljer
That's a fair and accurate assessment.

Aye, but even hand to hand, any majority Daredevil would pull would be quite slight.

batdude123
Aye, but even hand to hand, any majority Daredevil would pull would be quite slight.

Indeed, especially with the suit's durability advantage...

Darth Macabre
Indeed, especially with the suit's durability advantage...

I took just hand to hand, no gadget's as suit-less....but the suit would help Batman out, of course, no denying that.

AQUA-MARINER
DD for the win big grin

ahh not really just messing with batdude smile

braz
isnt Batmans max benchpress 725lbs.? i thought i read that somewhere.

Brian Oswald

The fact that Daredevil is blind is a surprise to anyone that figures it out. It was in newspapers that DD is a blind lawyer confused

Soljer
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
It was in newspapers that DD is a blind lawyer confused

Wait, was it?

confused

Color me embarrassed, then.

In that case, Batman could EASILY put two and two together, and use hypersonics for 10/10.

Brian Oswald
Yup yes Everyone believed it although Matt denied it. It was still posted several times and people knew.

Accel
Yeah, but I think people stop believing Matt was DD when Iron Fist started running around in a DD outfit, especially since Matt is currently in Europe while "Daredevil" is still in the U.S.

braz
aww yeh, idunno why i didnt think of that. cuz that just happened in all the recent DD comcis right? all thx to Kingpin. big grin Bats ftw. 8/10

Darth Macabre
aww yeh, idunno why i didnt think of that. cuz that just happened in all the recent DD comcis right? all thx to Kingpin. big grin Bats ftw. 8/10

Nah, thanks to Elektra more like.

braz
Nah, thanks to Elektra more like.

it was? cuz i couldve sworn i was reading a Daredevil graphic novel and it said Kingpin was the one who told the public.

Darth Macabre
it was? cuz i couldve sworn i was reading a Daredevil graphic novel and it said Kingpin was the one who told the public.

Yeah, he went public with the information Elektra got for him years ago...That's like blaming the Ice Cream man for giving out bad ice cream, when he wasn't the one to make it in the first place.

braz
Yeah, he went public with the information Elektra got for him years ago...That's like blaming the Ice Cream man for giving out bad ice cream, when he wasn't the one to make it in the first place.

oh, i didnt know Elektra told him. i must've missed that. confused embarrasment

Metalmanx

::checks outside:: Are the planets in allignment? Am I actually in agreement with srank?

Seriously though. Let's see Batman bat away bullets with a billy club. (Just one example).

xmarksthespot
I took just hand to hand, no gadget's as suit-less....but the suit would help Batman out, of course, no denying that. No suits would be pretty distracting for Batman... shifty

Someone had to say it. ermm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.