Rugal Bernstein vs. Ryu Hayabusa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TricksterPriest
Some of you have been heard to make the rediculous claim that Ryu Hayabusa can beat Terry Bogard. roll eyes (sarcastic)

So I'm gonna add to this and make it worse. evil face I challenge the DOA fans to prove to me that Hayabusa can defeat the greatest boss in the history of KOF, Rugal Bernstein.

1st match: Straight H2H. No ki powers.
2nd match: Straight fight.
3rd match: Hayabusa gets his sword.
4th match: Same as above, but it's Omega Rugal.

Ok, let's get ready to rumble. FIGHT!

Major Snafu
You kidding? Half of the guys on the board claim that Hayabusa can beat anybody.

TricksterPriest
I know. I'm well aware that this is going to turn into a full fledged flame war. I'm going to prove once and for all that DOA has no business competing with SF/KOF. And Hayabusa's feats from Ninja Gaiden ARE NOT APPLICABLE! As far as I'm concerned, they are two different characters. Though personally, I think Rugal could take that version too. evil face

StyleTime
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
And Hayabusa's feats from Ninja Gaiden ARE NOT APPLICABLE! As far as I'm concerned, they are two different characters. Though personally, I think Rugal could take that version too. evil face

How can you consider them different, when both occur within the EXACT same continuity? Both games even mention each other. Hayabusa is Hayabusa.....period.

Also, who even said Hayabusa would beat Terry in hand to hand?

Major Snafu
I know. I'm well aware that this is going to turn into a full fledged flame war. I'm going to prove once and for all that DOA has no business competing with SF/KOF. And Hayabusa's feats from Ninja Gaiden ARE NOT APPLICABLE! As far as I'm concerned, they are two different characters. Though personally, I think Rugal could take that version too. evil face

Any boss from M. Bison to Ignitz can drop Hayabusa. Shao Kahn can just bash his head in with his mallet.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by StyleTime
How can you consider them different, when both occur within the EXACT same continuity? Both games even mention each other. Hayabusa is Hayabusa.....period.

Also, who even said Hayabusa would beat Terry in hand to hand?

Don't argue with the OP... the opening post sets the rules of the match, if he wants the gaiden stuff out, then it's out.

TricksterPriest
As Darkstorm said, the two are different incarnations of the same person. And it's entirely up to the thread maker as to which is used. But I'll let them in all the same. It's a mismatch either way. Hayabusa can't possibly beat Rugal. You could give him the true dragon sword and he'd still lose.

Edit: I'd like to see whether it makes a difference as to how long Hayabusa lasts against Rugal. So you can argue for either or a combined version. Thanks Darkstorm. thumb up

Cloud_VII
As Darkstorm said, the two are different incarnations of the same person. And it's entirely up to the thread maker as to which is used. But I'll let them in all the same. It's a mismatch either way. Hayabusa can't possibly beat Rugal. You could give him the true dragon sword and he'd still lose.

Edit: I'd like to see whether it makes a difference as to how long Hayabusa lasts against Rugal. So you can argue for either or a combined version. Thanks Darkstorm. thumb up
- Saying they are different incarnations of the character is contradictory to the team that makes him, not to mention is bs. In DOA3, he's wearing one outfit. In Ninja Gaiden, he's wearing another and has the Dragon Sword. In DOA4, he's wearing the same outfit he wore in Ninja Gaiden plus he has the Dragon Sword. Clearly, DOA Hayabusa is the same character as Ninja Gaiden Hayabusa.

- The thread maker can set whatever rules he want others will still make a point.

- Prove that Rugal can beat Hayabusa without a doubt. FYI, the True Dragon Sword holds unfathomable spiritual power and is even more powerful than the Dark Dragon Blade. Saying Rugal can beat someone who possess the Dark Dragon Blade is completely absurd.

TricksterPriest
In order.

1. Yeah, but as Darkstorm said,

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Don't argue with the OP... the opening post sets the rules of the match, if he wants the gaiden stuff out, then it's out.

2. See 1. I already said you have to consider them as separate and you can argue for the Gaiden version separately from the DOA one.

3. The burden of proof is on you. Keep in mind Omega Rugal was beating the entire KOF 95' cast until he self-destructed.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I wasn't arguing the stipulations of the match. I don't care if he wishes to exclude Ninja Gaiden from the match. I was just pointing out that they ARE the same person.
You misunderstood me. I'm completely fine with the rules you set. I just wanted you to realize that Hayabusa is still Hayabusa whether he is in Ninja Gaiden or in DOA. If you want to exclude his Ninja Gaiden stuff though, you're free to do so. Hell, I think you came up with a good ruleset.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Major Snafu
You kidding? Half of the guys on the board claim that Hayabusa can beat anybody.
Just because they said Ryu can beat most people in SF?

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Major Snafu
Any boss from M. Bison to Ignitz can drop Hayabusa. Shao Kahn can just bash his head in with his mallet.
Drop Hayabusa probably in hand to hand, and holding back. But I don't see Ryu not using his techniques and legendary weapon to WTFPWN them to win.

TricksterPriest
......No. Just no. This thread was intended as spite. And only a few people seem to get how big a mismatch this is.

Hayabusa CANNOT beat M. Bison or other top tier characters like him. If he's this godly character in Ninja Gaiden, why doesn't it carry over to DOA? Why doe he get beat up, experimented on, and in general, not WTF-PWN everyone else in the series? Either the DOA crowd is stronger than the enemies in the gaiden games (highly unlikely), Hayabusa was weakened for gameplay balance (maybe, but it doesn't explain some of his losses), or......it's separate continuity and the two are different versions of the character.

You seriously think he can beat Omega Rugal or God Rugal with his sword? What the f**k?

StyleTime
Hayabusa CANNOT beat M. Bison or other top tier characters like him. If he's this godly character in Ninja Gaiden, why doesn't it carry over to DOA? Why doe he get beat up, experimented on, and in general, not WTF-PWN everyone else in the series? Either the DOA crowd is stronger than the enemies in the gaiden games (highly unlikely), Hayabusa was weakened for gameplay balance (maybe, but it doesn't explain some of his losses), or......it's separate continuity and the two are different versions of the character.
Hayabusa hasn't been experimented. You must also keep in mind that Ninja Gaiden occurred before DOA and many of the combatants(i.e. Ayane) have grown much in strength since....2 years before the first tournament. It's not a separate continuity. The DOA crowd is just a bit stronger than you are giving them credit. Although, I'll be the first to admit that some are giving DOA a little more credit than they need.(i.e. Hayabusa)

TricksterPriest
I think DOA can draw or beat most of the mid tier characters in SF/KOF. And some of the bosses are stronger than mid, but not quite high tier. But Rugal is top tier, and god tier at times. Sorry about the experiment quip. Was thinking of Hayate. But the point stands.

Major Snafu
For a battle like this, you need a perfect stage for this battle. How about the Tower of Lahja from Ninja Gaiden 2? It was one of my favorite stages in the original trilogy (music included).

Remulous

1st match: Straight H2H. No ki powers.
2nd match: Straight fight.
3rd match: Hayabusa gets his sword.
4th match: Same as above, but it's Omega Rugal.

Ok, let's get ready to rumble. FIGHT! 1) Rugal takes it.

2)Once again, Rugal takes it.

3) Hayabusa, most likely.

4) Rugal

Saying Hayabusa is overall better means he can take the hole old KOF cast.

TricksterPriest
Seeing as how you're one of the only sane people on this board who's knowledgable about DOA, exactly how good is that sword? How high up would it let him win? Btw, by sane, I mean unlike Cloud and Style, you actually realize how big a mismatch this fight is normally. stick out tongue

StyleTime
Seeing as how you're one of the only sane people on this board who's knowledgable about DOA, exactly how good is that sword? How high up would it let him win? Btw, by sane, I mean unlike Cloud and Style, you actually realize how big a mismatch this fight is normally. stick out tongue
Before you go questioning my sanity, maybe you should actually READ my post. Show me where I said Hayabusa wins this please.

TricksterPriest
My apologies. I assumed because you weren't exclaiming spite or that this was an unfair match, that you believed Hayabusa could win. I assumed too much.

Superboy Prime
All I say is Ryu will smoke Rugal once Nimpo & True Dragon Sword are available to him.

TricksterPriest
The jury is still out on the sword. But nimpo? That shit ain't gonna stop Rugal.

Superboy Prime
What I meant by Nimpo + Sword Techniques are the possibilities by using them both. Teleportation + Fire Blast *switch* Teleportation + Decapitation etc. See what I mean?

Hand to hand O. Rugal has it though.

Remulous
The Dragon Sword is indeed powerful, I believe it was made from the bones of an actual Dragon. But even with that and Nimpo, he will not be strong enough to stop OMEGA Rugal or Ultra Rugal.

Superboy Prime
Why not considering his feats from Ninja Gaiden?

Cloud_VII
......No. Just no. This thread was intended as spite. And only a few people seem to get how big a mismatch this is.

You seriously think he can beat Omega Rugal or God Rugal with his sword? What the f**k?
- I've yet to be convinced Rugal would win this.

- Prove Hayabusa cannot beat M. Bison.

- There's not much story in DOA as there is in NG.

- He did not get beat up by anyone except Hayate in hand to hand, and that's because Hayabusa was being cocky.

- He WTFPWNed Tengu who is arguably the most powerful character in the DOA series.

- Of course he would be weakened in gameplay. Why do you think Dante and Nightmare die so easily in their games?

- They are the same characters as I've proven earlier.

- You obviously know nothing about his weapon. It is more powerful than the Dark Dragon Blade. The Satsui no Hadu is powerful indeed, but you should see what would happen to Ryu if he wielded the Dark Dragon Blade and broke the seal. He would become the devil Incarnate. Let's see Rugal stand a chance of winning then, not that he'd win against Ryu with the True Dragon Sword considering he would be even more of a challenge.

Cloud_VII
I think DOA can draw or beat most of the mid tier characters in SF/KOF. And some of the bosses are stronger than mid, but not quite high tier. But Rugal is top tier, and god tier at times. Sorry about the experiment quip. Was thinking of Hayate. But the point stands.
Well you apparently do not know much about DOA's top tiers all you do is root for SF/KOF.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Remulous
The Dragon Sword is indeed powerful, I believe it was made from the bones of an actual Dragon. But even with that and Nimpo, he will not be strong enough to stop OMEGA Rugal or Ultra Rugal.
I'd like to see you prove something for once.

Major Snafu

According to Robert from Ninja Gaiden 2, the Dragon Sword was indeed made from the Dragon itself, only it was made from the Dragon's fang. You got the bone part mixed with the Sword of Chaos, wich was made from the bone of the Demon from NG1.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
- I've yet to be convinced Rugal would win this.

- Prove Hayabusa cannot beat M. Bison.

- There's not much story in DOA as there is in NG.

- He did not get beat up by anyone except Hayate in hand to hand, and that's because Hayabusa was being cocky.

- He WTFPWNed Tengu who is arguably the most powerful character in the DOA series.

- Of course he would be weakened in gameplay. Why do you think Dante and Nightmare die so easily in their games?

- They are the same characters as I've proven earlier.

- You obviously know nothing about his weapon. It is more powerful than the Dark Dragon Blade. The Satsui no Hadu is powerful indeed, but you should see what would happen to Ryu if he wielded the Dark Dragon Blade and broke the seal. He would become the devil Incarnate. Let's see Rugal stand a chance of winning then, not that he'd win against Ryu with the True Dragon Sword considering he would be even more of a challenge.

1. Hayabusa beating M. Bison at his SFA levels isn't in question, that's a fact that he can't beat that Bison. SF2, maybe. Probably not in a straight fight, but possibly has a chance with his sword.

2. NG is non-applicable.

3. Still a loss. Except instead of proving he's weak, it proves he's a dumbshit. stick out tongue

4. Don't you dare compare a weakling like Tengu to Rugal Bernstein. That is an insult. Rugal is the most powerful boss in KOF, 2nd only to Orochi.

5. You haven't given me any feats that prove Rugal would lose to Hayabusa. Whereas I've stated Rugal's power by virtue of his smashing teams, beating countless fighters, and nearly beating the entire KOF 95' cast. That last one is something NO ONE in DOA is capable of.

6. He's not beating Omega Rugal. God Rugal would one shot him. The sword has never shown the power to take down Omega Rugal. If you show me some feats, I'll give you Rugal. But it's not possible for him to take down Omega.

Tha C-Master
So anytime someone claims that Hayabusa loses, all we get is "prove he loses". Ryu Hayabusa isn't beating God Rugal with his sword, let it go. The guy has the nigh-speed of Akuma with greater attack power and range, I know Omega Rugal is in question, but he isn't beating him either...

Cloud_VII
1. Hayabusa beating M. Bison at his SFA levels isn't in question, that's a fact that he can't beat that Bison. SF2, maybe. Probably not in a straight fight, but possibly has a chance with his sword.

2. NG is non-applicable.

3. Still a loss. Except instead of proving he's weak, it proves he's a dumbshit. stick out tongue

4. Don't you dare compare a weakling like Tengu to Rugal Bernstein. That is an insult. Rugal is the most powerful boss in KOF, 2nd only to Orochi.

5. You haven't given me any feats that prove Rugal would lose to Hayabusa. Whereas I've stated Rugal's power by virtue of his smashing teams, beating countless fighters, and nearly beating the entire KOF 95' cast. That last one is something NO ONE in DOA is capable of.

6. He's not beating Omega Rugal. God Rugal would one shot him. The sword has never shown the power to take down Omega Rugal. If you show me some feats, I'll give you Rugal. But it's not possible for him to take down Omega.
- I could easily say Tina would kill M. Bison effortlessly since you apparently think this is a debate involving no proof.

- Yes it is because it's the same character. Take Ryu's NG feats away and we're taking away M. Bison's SFA feats.

- I think I just might stop debating with you if you're going to act like a dumbass.

- Prove that Rugal can do something close to bringing about ultimate disaster and calamity and covering a world in chaos.

- In fact, I did. I said Ryu defeated an opponent who was infused with the power of the evil deities along with the Dark Dragon. One of those deities, being the ancestor of all evil deities had enough power to destroy a planet. That combined with the power of the Dark Dragon, well, you do the math. That is what Ryu's capable of beating with his primary weapon. Also, where does DOA factor in this?

- The sword has never shown to take down Rugal because they both exist in different universes, duhr.

- He'd one shot Rugal with the Dark Dragon Blade because it holds unimaginable power.

- I believe Incarnate would take down Omega and God Rugal together. Ryu with the True Dragon Sword is even more powerful than that.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
So anytime someone claims that Hayabusa loses, all we get is "prove he loses".
Not really I've said before that Ryu along with Rachel would lose to Vergil and Dante. I've also said Ryu could lose to Cloud. He could lose to a number of others. Saying that he could win is not implying that he would win outright. It's just arguing that he could win...

Ryu Hayabusa isn't beating God Rugal with his sword, let it go.
I gave the similar example of saying Tina would kill M. Bison with no effort since this is apparently a debate involving no proof of anything.

The guy has the nigh-speed of Akuma with greater attack power and range,
Ryu's speed creates after images of himself and range does not factor much since he has the ability to teleport. Also, he can use explosive arrows and APFSDS cores as long range weapons.

I know Omega Rugal is in question, but he isn't beating him either...
Alright M. Bison isn't beating Tina because I said so.

StyleTime
6. God Rugal would one shot him.
You really want Hayabusa to lose huh?

Superboy Prime
Wow. You honestely think Ryu wouldn't defeat Rugal even with the sword? You talk about Rugal beating on the KOF cast...how about Ryu taking down the Vigoor empire by himself.

Ryu's feats > Rugal's.

It's that simple. Now I do give the hand to hand match to Rugal, but with the sword Ryu is a beast and it's a shame people think we're just over rating him.

And as for Bison I don't see Mr. Psycho Power standing much of a chance if Ryu is given his sword; however one on one hand to hand I do not know about the outcome; probably Bison considering all the people it took to take him down in SFA3.

StyleTime
I was referring to God Rugal.

Remulous
I'd like to see you prove something for once. Same here, Hayabusa can't beat everyone.

It would be a complete travesty if some one says Hayabusa can beat Ultra/God Rugal. That's insanely wrong!

TricksterPriest
Co-signed.

but, uh, Rem, isn't that what Cloud is claiming? What the f**k?

Cloud_VII
Same here, Hayabusa can't beat everyone.

It would be a complete travesty if some one says Hayabusa can beat Ultra/God Rugal. That's insanely wrong!
- I don't know why you think anyone's claiming that.

- If Ryu can overcome the devil Incarnate I don't see any version of Rugal beating him.

Remulous
Rugal is stronger than the devil incarnate!

Cloud_VII
Rugal is stronger than the devil incarnate!
hysterical

TricksterPriest
Ok, I'm not defending that one........ :sweat:

But suffice to say, Hayabusa is sooooooo not beating God Rugal. Even with the damn overpowered swords.

Cloud_VII
You're suggesting that "God" Rugal is more powerful than Incarnate, who Ryu was able to beat with the only weapon that could counter the Dark Dragon Blade's power.

Tha C-Master
Not really I've said before that Ryu along with Rachel would lose to Vergil and Dante. I've also said Ryu could lose to Cloud. He could lose to a number of others. Saying that he could win is not implying that he would win outright. It's just arguing that he could win... Where in my post did I imply that you said Ryu cannot lose, go and point that out for me.

I gave the similar example of saying Tina would kill M. Bison with no effort since this is apparently a debate involving no proof of anything. There is nothing wrong with asking for proof in a debate. Nothing wrong with wanting proof to a claim. I just think there's something wrong when everytime something is brought up, someone says "prove it" especially when it's known to the general public, it just looks like someone doesn't even read/know about the media. If someone said, "Bison could blow up the earth by blinking an eye!" then I could see what you mean. Otherwise it looks like a way to stall when you ask for it all the time.

Ryu's speed creates after images of himself and range does not factor much since he has the ability to teleport. Also, he can use explosive arrows and APFSDS cores as long range weapons. Many characters make "after images of themselves" God Rugal has a warping ability. Unblockable attacks, good range, power attacks, and several advanced death attacks. He is basically on S. Gouki's level, a God Tier character.

Alright M. Bison isn't beating Tina because I said so. Prove it. wink

Oh and I never said "beause I said so", my point is that an attitude that was presented shows that no matter of "proof" would convince most otherwise in the first place.

Cloud_VII
Where in my post did I imply that you said Ryu cannot lose, go and point that out for me.
Where in my post did I imply that you said that I claimed Ryu cannot lose, go and point that out for me.

There is nothing wrong with asking for proof in a debate. Nothing wrong with wanting proof to a claim. I just think there's something wrong when everytime something is brought up, someone says "prove it" especially when it's known to the general public, it just looks like someone doesn't even read/know about the media. If someone said, "Bison could blow up the earth by blinking an eye!" then I could see what you mean. Otherwise it looks like a way to stall when you ask for it all the time.
Yeah it's quite obvious Rugal does not win this match unless you can at least convince me that he's more powerful than the devil Incarnate (both versions of him)

Many characters make "after images of themselves" God Rugal has a warping ability.
Ryu can teleport instantly.

Unblockable attacks,
To the cast of KOF.

good range,
Ryu can shoot down crows that are thousands of feet in the air.

power attacks, and several advanced death attacks.
Ryu has annihilating attacks and can kill just about anyone with the DDB or the TDS.

He is basically on S. Gouki's level, a God Tier character.
Still not convinced.

Prove it. wink
Since you apparently can't prove Rugal can beat Ryu I'm going to say M. Bison doesn't stand a chance in hell against Tina because I don't think I can prove that either.

Oh and I never said "beause I said so", my point is that an attitude that was presented shows that no matter of "proof" would convince most otherwise in the first place.
Well you haven't said anything that convinced me. How about playing Ninja Gaiden or finding out about it since I don't only study one side of the debate. I try getting all the knowledge I can on Rugal and I haven't read upon anything that would prove a match for Hayabusa. Oh, and Rugal's not winning due to popular vote.

Tha C-Master
Where in my post did I imply that you said that I claimed Ryu cannot lose, go and point that out for me. Because you were the one who went and brought up how you thought Ryu lost to several people and I never brought up that you didn't say he could lose. This bad communicating of yours makes it look like you were trying to defend the point that you don't think he's as unbeatable as you make him out to be... which you kind do...

Yeah it's quite obvious Rugal does not win this match unless you can at least convince me that he's more powerful than the devil Incarnate (both versions of him) Do you mean only with his huge plot-device sword, that granted him a plot device win? This was worse than when Snake fanboys said Snake beats everyone because he beat Cyber Ninja.

Ryu can teleport instantly. Firstly this makes no sense, teleportation IS going from one place to another instantly... confused

There are characters in both fighting game series who teleport and aren't as strong as Rugal, does teleporting grant an instant win? Does it make him unhittable now?

God Rugal has ways of getting around too...

To the cast of KOF.
No, to everyone who faced the raging demon. How do you block a grab move that is one of the most powerful attacks around. Prove your assumption to me, oh wait you can't?

Ryu can shoot down crows that are thousands of feet in the air. Rugal and Shin Gouki can fire island (and much more) destroying blasts in the air.

Ryu has annihilating attacks and can kill just about anyone with the DDB or the TDS. This is starting to sound fanboyish. "This character can kill almost anyone." I don't think Rugal can kill anyone, but I sure as hell think he's one of the most powerful fighting characters around. Rugal has several annihilating attacks, his whole style is based off of it. "Genocide Cutter" "God Press" " God Walk" "G- End"... he can kill just about any fighter with those. Unless you're going DBZ tier, or Darkstalker Tier.

BTW do you think Ryu would beat Jedah with his sword?

Still not convinced. My job isn't to *make* you see anything, I don't do that because some people just won't be convinced that what they love loses. But that doesn't mean noone has shown you anything was my initial point in the first place.

Since you apparently can't prove Rugal can beat Ryu

And you can't do Vice Versa.
I'm going to say M. Bison doesn't stand a chance in hell against Tina because I don't think I can prove that either.

What you said doesn't even make sense. You were supposed to be dissing me right?

Well you haven't said anything that convinced me. How about playing Ninja Gaiden or finding out about it since I don't only study one side of the debate. I try getting all the knowledge I can on Rugal and I haven't read upon anything that would prove a match for Hayabusa. Oh, and Rugal's not winning due to popular vote. I am familiar with Gaiden, and yes I know he's powerful. I don't think he wins against top tiers without his sword, and I don't think he beats the absolutely most powerful with his sword.

Popular votes mean squat nowadays, they can be manipulated and trolled with ease. Most people who *posted* here agreed that G. Rugal wins, and he definitely wins hand to hand and without Ryu having the sword.

Cloud_VII
Because you were the one who went and brought up how you thought Ryu lost to several people and I never brought up that you didn't say he could lose. This bad communicating of yours makes it look like you were trying to defend the point that you don't think he's as unbeatable as you make him out to be... which you kind do...

Do you mean only with his huge plot-device sword, that granted him a plot device win? This was worse than when Snake fanboys said Snake beats everyone because he beat Cyber Ninja.

Firstly this makes no sense, teleportation IS going from one place to another instantly... confused

There are characters in both fighting game series who teleport and aren't as strong as Rugal, does teleporting grant an instant win? Does it make him unhittable now?

God Rugal has ways of getting around too...

No, to everyone who faced the raging demon. How do you block a grab move that is one of the most powerful attacks around. Prove your assumption to me, oh wait you can't?

Rugal and Shin Gouki can fire island (and much more) destroying blasts in the air.

This is starting to sound fanboyish. "This character can kill almost anyone." I don't think Rugal can kill anyone, but I sure as hell think he's one of the most powerful fighting characters around. Rugal has several annihilating attacks, his whole style is based off of it. "Genocide Cutter" "God Press" " God Walk" "G- End"... he can kill just about any fighter with those. Unless you're going DBZ tier, or Darkstalker Tier.

BTW do you think Ryu would beat Jedah with his sword?

My job isn't to *make* you see anything, I don't do that because some people just won't be convinced that what they love loses. But that doesn't mean noone has shown you anything was my initial point in the first place.

And you can't do Vice Versa.

What you said doesn't even make sense. You were supposed to be dissing me right?

I am familiar with Gaiden, and yes I know he's powerful. I don't think he wins against top tiers without his sword, and I don't think he beats the absolutely most powerful with his sword.

Popular votes mean squat nowadays, they can be manipulated and trolled with ease. Most people who *posted* here agreed that G. Rugal wins, and he definitely wins hand to hand and without Ryu having the sword.
- You were saying in the beginning, whenever someone claims Hayabusa loses we get a "prove he loses". Well yeah, it's appropriate to try and prove that he would lose because he has fought opponents Rugal would never dream of fighting.

- ....ok...and just what have you said that makes it seem like Rugal will win besides "Ryu's just not beating Rugal"?

- Not all teleportation happens instantly in games. I can give a few examples. I'm just pointing out that it's instant in this case. I was also pointing that out because you mentioned Rugal has a warping ability. I'm countering your facts with mine.

- Ok...who outside of KOF are you speaking of? A grab? Haha, oh yeah Hayabusa better watch out for that...how about trying to block a Storm of the Heavenly Dragon, eh? Try proving Rugal would have a way around that.

- When has Akuma or Rugal fired island destroying blasts in the air? If so, why didn't they just destroy battlegrounds and blast their opponents to smithereens?

- You obviously do not know much about the Dragon Sword. In it's true form, it holds unimaginable power that is even greater than the Dark Dragon Blade's. That's stating facts, that's not fanboyish. Also, I'm not giving my opinion on that question since I'm not knowledgable on Jedah.

- I was convinced several times about who Ryu would lose to. In fact, you can go to the Hayabusa gauntlet thread to see who I stated Ryu would lose to. As for why I'm not convinced, I don't see Rugal standing after Ryu decapitates him with his sword, and he has moves that makes him invulnerable in the process. Added he has a plasma sword as well, and up to three talismans of rebirth that revive him each time he dies.

- I could if I wanted to, since I'm getting more knowledge on Rugal as we speak. Also, if you admit that you can't prove Rugal would win why were you saying in the beginning he isn't beating Rugal?

- No. I was going by that claim because you were making a claim that you show you can't prove.

- I agree. He can lose to top tiers without his sword. From the beginning, you were saying Ryu cannot win with his sword, which is ridiculous.

- People here know little about Ninja Gaiden apparently. I've seen a number of SF/KOF fans that seem obssessed with top tiers like Akuma, Geese Howard, etc. Also, I've noticed a lot of ignorance about DOA's top tiers, as no one but a few has pointed out the facts and feats of those characters. And again, Rugal at his fullest may beat Ryu without his sword. Though with it, I don't see any form of Rugal being a bigger threat than Incarnate was.

Remulous
The Devil incarnate is who again? Please refresh my memory. I hope he isn't who I think he is, the FINAL boss of NG. That guy was a cake walk!

Cloud_VII
The Devil Incarnate has two forms. One was the Vigoor Emperor and the other one was Murai.

Cakewalk? Go fight him on Master Ninja mode and then judge. His attacks are the most devastating of any other opponent in the game.

Prior to the fight, a swordsmith by the name of Muramasa stated that the true from of the Dragon Sword would prove more than a match for the Dark Dragon Blade. This is about a weapon that holds unimaginable power, and which was existant since the dawn of history. Only the True Dragon Sword's power can counter it and nothing else can. Story-wise, Ryu would not have won if it weren't for the weapon.

Superboy Prime
Not to mention you can no longer spam FS against Murai in Ninja Gaiden Black.

Tha C-Master
- You were saying in the beginning, whenever someone claims Hayabusa loses we get a "prove he loses". My point was that in the beginning, a person often uses "prove he loses" as a crutch when they have no information. It's obvious when I'm in a debate I'm trying to prove that the character that I'm supporting will win. If you were to ask me to "prove that Akuma can warp" or something like that, it would be different. But I notice when people say "prove this" and "prove that" it's usually a way to get the other person to contribute information that they themselves don't possess, so they throw it off on the other person.

Well yeah, it's appropriate to try and prove that he would lose because he has fought opponents Rugal would never dream of fighting. A,B,C arguments don't really work here, because characters fight bosses in storylines that are much more powerful than them and they use plot devices to defeat them and whatnot. Just because they can beat one character doesn't mean they can beat another, because each person they fight is different. This only produces a featwar, which goes nowhere because it's a circular and flawed argument. Not to mention the fact that God Rugal (notice I'm talking about him only), only existed in one endings and is considered a God of Fighting.

- ....ok...and just what have you said that makes it seem like Rugal will win besides "Ryu's just not beating Rugal"? If that's all I said then you are either trying to ignore me, or you're just throwing dirt at me. We've both said other things otherwise, my point was it's more or less of a way to get off a wall when a person *always* asks to prove something, without doing research themselves.

- Not all teleportation happens instantly in games. But the problem is that this isn't a game, no different than the comic versus forum isn't a comic, it's a hypothetical match with stipulations and rules, and they are there for a reason. In the mixing of characters things, often become inconsistant and make the argument difficult.

A teleport should be instant movement, or it isn't a teleport. If you mean the time it takes for the character to initiate the teleport or recover from it, then that is a different thing entirely.

I can give a few examples. I'm just pointing out that it's instant in this case. I understand what you mean, don't worry.

I was also pointing that out because you mentioned Rugal has a warping ability. I'm countering your facts with mine. You can call it warping or teleporting, the point is that he uses it to become invurnerable and gets from one place to another fast. He's completley invurnerable during his "God Walk".

- Ok...who outside of KOF are you speaking of? God Rugal himself wasn't a simple KOF character, he existed in a blended universe and was top tier there along with Shin Gouki, you should know this.

A grab? Haha, oh yeah Hayabusa better watch out for that... This proves you don't know how the raging demon works.

how about trying to block a Storm of the Heavenly Dragon, eh? Try proving Rugal would have a way around that.

A God Walk.

- When has Akuma or Rugal fired island destroying blasts in the air? If so, why didn't they just destroy battlegrounds and blast their opponents to smithereens? Well Akuma in the time of Alpha Two was strong enough to simply destroy an island by punching it, and he has destroyed a mountain as well. He and G. Rugal would be able to decimate those and tidal waves with their Ki shots.

Akuma did punch an island down with his normal punch, S. Gouki is much worse.

- You obviously do not know much about the Dragon Sword. And your reason for this claim is.

In it's true form, it holds unimaginable power that is even greater than the Dark Dragon Blade's. That's stating facts, that's not fanboyish. Fanboyish is saying that he can beat almost anyone and anything, it makes you look like you support it blindly.

Also, I'm not giving my opinion on that question since I'm not knowledgable on Jedah. That's smart.

- I was convinced several times about who Ryu would lose to. In fact, you can go to the Hayabusa gauntlet thread to see who I stated Ryu would lose to. Was convinced or you initially thought?

As for why I'm not convinced, I don't see Rugal standing after Ryu decapitates him with his sword, and he has moves that makes him invulnerable in the process. Rugal has plenty of moves with invisible start up time, and can God Walk indefinitely.

Added he has a plasma sword as well, and up to three talismans of rebirth that revive him each time he dies. Kaiser Wave, G. End, Total Annihilation, Gigantic Pressure are all power-killing moves. A G. Rugal would waste a plain Gouki or Bison with little effort, that is extremely powerful and impressive. G Rugal has Rugal's and Akuma's power within him.

- I could if I wanted to, since I'm getting more knowledge on Rugal as we speak. Well I'm glad I accomplished that... however why are you saying he can't win or anything else, if you don't admittedly know much about Rugal (especially God Rugal). I appreciate you trying to learn more, but it goes back to what I was saying.

Also, if you admit that you can't prove Rugal would win why were you saying in the beginning he isn't beating Rugal? Prove to whom?

- No. I was going by that claim because you were making a claim that you show you can't prove. That he can't beat him, but if you don't know much about the character then your judgement is ultimately flawed...

- I agree. He can lose to top tiers without his sword. From the beginning, you were saying Ryu cannot win with his sword, which is ridiculous. He would lose to mid top tiers as well. But again you are learning about G. Rugal so your claim is null.

- People here know little about Ninja Gaiden apparently. I've seen a number of SF/KOF fans that seem obssessed with top tiers like Akuma, Geese Howard, etc. There are alot of those fans, but there are fanboys of DOA, Tekken, and Pokemon who are obsessed with their characters and genuinely hate the most popular, and those are the ones you mentioned. People like I, hoshi, Darkstorm, and Dvampire were here years ago clearing up their name in spite of the people who brought it down, including fanboys on both sides.

Also, I've noticed a lot of ignorance about DOA's top tiers, as no one but a few has pointed out the facts and feats of those characters. I've noticed otherwise.

And again, Rugal at his fullest may beat Ryu without his sword. Though with it, I don't see any form of Rugal being a bigger threat than Incarnate was. *May* beat Ryu without his sword? I'll let you research a bit more before you post next time.

Superboy Prime
We shouldn't really consider Capcom vs SNK 2 as canon. We all know crossovers are bullshit and always fail to respect every single character. Just a look at the poster boys being Ryu & Kyo and you can already tell it's bullshit.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
We shouldn't really consider Capcom vs SNK 2 as canon. We all know crossovers are bullshit and always fail to respect every single character. Just a look at the poster boys being Ryu & Kyo and you can already tell it's bullshit. Oh, I know the source isn't canonical, but that was the character in question. I didn't find the game bad, unless you meant the comics.

Ryu is always the posterboy though... lol

Cloud_VII
My point was that in the beginning, a person often uses "prove he loses" as a crutch when they have no information. It's obvious when I'm in a debate I'm trying to prove that the character that I'm supporting will win. If you were to ask me to "prove that Akuma can warp" or something like that, it would be different. But I notice when people say "prove this" and "prove that" it's usually a way to get the other person to contribute information that they themselves don't possess, so they throw it off on the other person.
Well you started in saying that Ryu's not winning against Rugal. You've made a claim that you haven't proven, and I've read all about Rugal Bernstein as of now.

A,B,C arguments don't really work here, because characters fight bosses in storylines that are much more powerful than them and they use plot devices to defeat them and whatnot. Just because they can beat one character doesn't mean they can beat another, because each person they fight is different. This only produces a featwar, which goes nowhere because it's a circular and flawed argument. Not to mention the fact that God Rugal (notice I'm talking about him only), only existed in one endings and is considered a God of Fighting.
Alright. I'm just pointing out Ryu beat the devil, and yes it does matter in this case.

If that's all I said then you are either trying to ignore me, or you're just throwing dirt at me. We've both said other things otherwise, my point was it's more or less of a way to get off a wall when a person *always* asks to prove something, without doing research themselves.
I've read all about Rugal on answers.com as well as wiki. I do not believe that he would beat Ryu, hence why I asked you to prove that Rugal can win.

But the problem is that this isn't a game, no different than the comic versus forum isn't a comic, it's a hypothetical match with stipulations and rules, and they are there for a reason. In the mixing of characters things, often become inconsistant and make the argument difficult. A teleport should be instant movement, or it isn't a teleport. If you mean the time it takes for the character to initiate the teleport or recover from it, then that is a different thing entirely.
My point was not all teleportations in games are instant and I know this. Anyways, Ryu doesn't take time nor does he recover from it.

You can call it warping or teleporting, the point is that he uses it to become invurnerable and gets from one place to another fast. He's completley invurnerable during his "God Walk".
Then I guess we have two invulnerable characters fighting each other. Ryu's also immune while casting magic, thought I should just mention that.

God Rugal himself wasn't a simple KOF character, he existed in a blended universe and was top tier there along with Shin Gouki, you should know this.
I do know. What I meant was who outside SNK vs. Capcom and I know he's not a simple character. He's one of the best in the series since he can use the Satsui no Hadou.

This proves you don't know how the raging demon works.
On the contrary, this proves you don't know how easily Ryu could deal with that.

A God Walk.
He doesn't do it all the time. It will hit him at some point.

Well Akuma in the time of Alpha Two was strong enough to simply destroy an island by punching it, and he has destroyed a mountain as well. He and G. Rugal would be able to decimate those and tidal waves with their Ki shots.
I don't think so. They used certain techniques in order to do those feats, not their strength. Take Feng Wei for example he was seeking the God Fist which gives a user the ability to shatter an entire mountain with one hand. He does not have the strength but the ability to accomplish a feat such as that as a result of learning a technique specially made for that type of ability. Akuma did not do it through sheer strength, and I doubt his hadouken can destroy an island. Either way, Ryu fought an opponent with planet-destroying capabilities and won.

Akuma did punch an island down with his normal punch,
Wrong my friend, he used a technique to do that, not his sheer power.

S. Gouki is much worse.
Yeah and Evil Ryu is a Ryu not holding back.

And your reason for this claim is.
That you're starting to think it's fanboyish to say the TDS holds unimaginable power and so on, when it's factual that it is.

Fanboyish is saying that he can beat almost anyone and anything, it makes you look like you support it blindly.
Coming from someone who recently stated Rugal can kill just about any fighter.

That's smart.
Sure and do you think Rugal can beat Xemnas with his power?

Was convinced or you initially thought?
...what?

Rugal has plenty of moves with invisible start up time, and can God Walk indefinitely.
Hmm well I'm not going to ask you to prove it since it's turns out to be a game mechanic. Anyway, Ryu can teleport indefinitely and is immortal.

Kaiser Wave, G. End, Total Annihilation, Gigantic Pressure are all power-killing moves. A G. Rugal would waste a plain Gouki or Bison with little effort, that is extremely powerful and impressive. G Rugal has Rugal's and Akuma's power within him.
Extinction Straight Slash, Storm of the Heavenly Dragon, True Dragon Gleam are all killing moves. An Evil Ryu would waste a plain Alma and Doku with little effort, that is extremely powerful and impressive. Ryu is a master of the TDS.

Well I'm glad I accomplished that...
You proved nothing.

however why are you saying he can't win or anything else, if you don't admittedly know much about Rugal (especially God Rugal).
I was not saying he can't win and I know all about Rugal.

I appreciate you trying to learn more, but it goes back to what I was saying.
Not really and you still have not proved your statement.

Prove to whom?
To anyone if you could. You were saying Ryu isn't beating Rugal and you've yet to prove it.

That he can't beat him, but if you don't know much about the character then your judgement is ultimately flawed...
For the 4th time, I know just about all there is to know about Rugal whereas you apparently know very little on Ryu.

He would lose to mid top tiers as well.
I wouldn't say would, I would say could. Unless you can prove this second statement, I'm holding it as bullshit.

But again you are learning about G. Rugal so your claim is null.
Top tiers was referring to god tiers; same thing. Point is, they don't stand much chance against him with his weapon and techniques.

There are alot of those fans, but there are fanboys of DOA, Tekken, and Pokemon who are obsessed with their characters and genuinely hate the most popular, and those are the ones you mentioned. People like I, hoshi, Darkstorm, and Dvampire were here years ago clearing up their name in spite of the people who brought it down, including fanboys on both sides.
My argument still stands that people hardly know anything about Ninja Gaiden and obsess about other games, and that is why several people on this forum downplay Ryu whenever he's brought up in a thread topic.

I've noticed otherwise.
Actually me, S. Prime, E. Ashtar, and maybe a few others I've seen say anything about DOA's top characters. I mainly hear people talk about SF and KOF characters on this forum.

*May* beat Ryu without his sword? I'll let you research a bit more before you post next time.
No need for that since I know pretty much all there is to know about Rugal as of now. I suggest that you learn more about Ryu's potential and learn exactly what his weapon is, what it was made for, and the challenges that he already faced, before posting a useless rebuttal.

Cloud_VII
We shouldn't really consider Capcom vs SNK 2 as canon. We all know crossovers are bullshit and always fail to respect every single character. Just a look at the poster boys being Ryu & Kyo and you can already tell it's bullshit.
Rugal has made non-canon appearances as a playable character in The King of Fighters '98 both as normal Rugal and Omega Rugal, in The King of Fighters '2002 just as Omega Rugal, and in the Capcom vs. SNK series as normal Rugal and a new version, God Rugal. The latter version was designed by Capcom, not SNK, and is the result of Rugal having absorbed Akuma's Satsui no Hadou (or dark hadou) power after defeating him in battle. His capabilities were also toned down in the Capcom vs. SNK series, to make him more balanced against the rest of the cast. After a player defeats God Rugal, at the end of the cutscene and before the credits, Rugal undergoes a transfiguration and his visage clearly resembles Akuma's, hinting that Akuma's spirit was able to overtake his body, due to his weakened condition (creating a true "God of Fighting"wink, or perhaps something else. This can also be seen as an homage to Rugal's death in the King of Fighters canon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugal_Bernstein

Tha C-Master
This is simply amazing, I love when people have the arrogance to think they know everything, and ask someone else to prove everything, when the best they can come up with is something they read off of wiki, showing they know very little about the game mechanics in the first place. I've noticed this same technique in many of your debates, you sit and argue one-sided. You don't know much about Soul Calibur as it seems, but you are so convinced that one character is uber so you stroke their genitals and ignore everything to your own content. An ignorant, pointless, and annoying opponent to deal with.

Well you started in saying that Ryu's not winning against Rugal. Actually very many people started in saying that, but earlier in this thread (and in others) you go on saying that Ryu Hayabusa beats any SF and KOF character with his swords. While I tried to be sportsmanlike and not call you a fanboy, you are making it so damned hard when you read whatever you want to read and ignore the rest.

You've made a claim that you haven't proven, I've said much on the knowledge on the behalf of God Rugal (for the thousandth time), but the problem is you know little. You think it is my job to sit and cater to you until you agree with me and it isn't. You don't even know much about the character or else you wouldn't have to sit and read wiki. How contradictory, hypocritical, arrogant, and stupid is that?

and I've read all about Rugal Bernstein as of now.
Yes because reading a few sites substitutes for actual gameplay and genuine knowledge... this place has definitely changed around here since I left, now I know what my friends are talking about.

Have you even played anything besides DOA, Tekken, and Final Fantasy? laughing

Alright. I'm just pointing out Ryu beat the devil, and yes it does matter in this case.
Why does it? Does it go with the stipulations of this matchup? Ryu Hayabusa and G. Rugal, and in various settings?

I've read all about Rugal on answers.com as well as wiki. I do not believe that he would beat Ryu, hence why I asked you to prove that Rugal can win. Because you weren't convinced with the very limited knowledge you have, that's not my problem. I'm not here to cater to you. Or even *make* you believe anything. You won't budge on Hayabusa as it is anyways.

My point was not all teleportations in games are instant and I know this. Anyways, Ryu doesn't take time nor does he recover from it.
So he just stays inbetween the teleport permenantly? confused Because if he doesn't then it takes a matter of time to initiate and recover. Teleportation is instant travel, so what you are saying is redundent.

Then I guess we have two invulnerable characters fighting each other. Ryu's also immune while casting magic, thought I should just mention that. Neither are invurnerable but Game Mechanics are a pain in the ass. G. Rugal uses his move to become invincible, the other is simply a Game Mechanic, such as invincibility while using Super Specials/Combos.

I do know. What I meant was who outside SNK vs. Capcom and I know he's not a simple character. He's one of the best in the series since he can use the Satsui no Hadou. Who has he fought, he has limited appearances as it is...

On the contrary, this proves you don't know how easily Ryu could deal with that. No, your comment of "Hahaha a grab move" shows me that you don't know truly what it is... not to mention that you seem to be under the false impression that Ryu is unhittable for some reason. And in all forms that the match stipulates him fight in...

He doesn't do it all the time. It will hit him at some point.
And the same can't be said for your character and his limited use of abilities, and time it takes to charge them. Rugal uses a God Walk very often and will easily God walk out of a powerful move when fighting to the best of his abilities.

I don't think so. They used certain techniques in order to do those feats, not their strength. Take Feng Wei for example he was seeking the God Fist which gives a user the ability to shatter an entire mountain with one hand. He does not have the strength but the ability to accomplish a feat such as that as a result of learning a technique specially made for that type of ability. Akuma did not do it through sheer strength, and I doubt his hadouken can destroy an island. You're so very wrong, Akuma *punched* an island down, (prove that he didn't). And how are you trying to take the validity of a feat down by saying it's a technique, every ****ing thing is a technique in some form or another. The mountain he punched down in Alpha 2 is not Ayers rock, THAT was the special technique. This is a stupid argument, especially when your characters relies on shitloads of magical items to begin with. In some forms of media even Ryu has shown to have power to destroy a mountain. And S. Gouki is more powerful than he was in Alpha 2. It happens very quickly.

Either way, Ryu fought an opponent with planet-destroying capabilities and won. You love your plot devices don't you?

Bison has the capabilities to destroy a planet and he's lost to Gouki, Gouki has destroyed a Comet... Featwars are stupid for this reason.

Wrong my friend, he used a technique to do that, not his sheer power. Can you show me where this is stated that he is unable to destroyan island.

Yeah and Evil Ryu is a Ryu not holding back. And Evil Ryu isn't in this thread, whereas G. Rugal is on the same level as S Gouki, and you are trying to say he doesn't even have much of a chance in h2h combat is utter bullshit.

That you're starting to think it's fanboyish to say the TDS holds unimaginable power and so on, when it's factual that it is. Because all you are doing is using a broad generalization of a claim. It doesn't matter. It's like me saying " Ryu has limitless potential"... can you put this amount into a number, or do you want me to drool over it. You said that it could beat basically anyone or anything and it sounded fanboyish, especially with Darkstalkers characters around. erm

Coming from someone who recently stated Rugal can kill just about any fighter.
Wrong, I said he could beat a good many in *most* fighting games, because SF has the highest tier fighters, along with MK. He would lose horribly to many like DS characters.

You are the one who said Ryu Hayabusa can take the SF cast in SF vs. DOA, and you don't even know much of the characters, so it's fanboyish. laughing

Sure and do you think Rugal can beat Xemnas with his power?
Being defensive over something I was agreeing with you on. *sigh*

..what?
Nevermind, I saw that thread. And you went in guns blazing saying Ryu pwns everything until you fell on your face and realized he was using his hands, and even then people said he lost to the female ninjas. Do you not think G. Rugal couldn't beat those?

Hmm well I'm not going to ask you to prove it since it's turns out to be a game mechanic. Anyway, Ryu can teleport indefinitely and is immortal. Go to the SF vs. MK thread for this. Scorpion does the same ass thing and even he would lose. Without some serious help on his side.

Extinction Straight Slash, Storm of the Heavenly Dragon, True Dragon Gleam are all killing moves. An Evil Ryu would waste a plain Alma and Doku with little effort, that is extremely powerful and impressive. Ryu is a master of the TDS. Bison's super Psycho Crusher would tear him apart. Bison destroyed a huge area when he was simply mad and did little else. I'm betting Gill could whooop him, due to his Resurrection and ability to make meteors fall from the sky.

You proved nothing. I proved that you don't know much about G. Rugal and you will go on any lengths to prove Ryu wins. wink

I was not saying he can't win and I know all about Rugal. laughing Riiight...

Tha C-Master

Superboy Prime
Oh, I know the source isn't canonical, but that was the character in question. I didn't find the game bad, unless you meant the comics.

Ryu is always the posterboy though... lol

Don't get me wrong. I love the game. However it is obvious most rivalries are not dead even. Come on Ryu & Kyo? Terry's the better match for Ryu, but hey at least they got Ken to rival Terry.

Tha C-Master
And normal Gouki beats Rugal as well, but it's to enhance the plot. For some reason I enjoyed Ken and Terry being Rivals though, I guess they are just more charismatic.

Superboy Prime
I agree. I have no problem with Ken rivaling Terry, but Kyo...meh.

Tha C-Master
Who would be an ideal person for Ryu, you say Terry, that would be a good match too. I guess I just picture him against Ken for whatever reason.

Cloud_VII
This is simply amazing, I love when people have the arrogance to think they know everything, and ask someone else to prove everything, when the best they can come up with is something they read off of wiki, showing they know very little about the game mechanics in the first place. I've noticed this same technique in many of your debates, you sit and argue one-sided. You don't know much about Soul Calibur as it seems, but you are so convinced that one character is uber so you stroke their genitals and ignore everything to your own content. An ignorant, pointless, and annoying opponent to deal with.
You know you pretty much described yourself, and you're quite the fool for thinking I do not know much about Soul Calibur, let alone the fact that I have admitted Nightmare would beat Devil Jin. Who's stroking genitals? I would guess it's you. You show that you know nothing of Ryu or Ninja Gaiden since you don't argue about it at all, whereas I can at least point out SF and KOF character powers and abilities. Nice try but try a little harder to prevail next time.

Actually very many people started in saying that, but earlier in this thread (and in others) you go on saying that Ryu Hayabusa beats any SF and KOF character with his swords.
On the contrary, I say he could take them. That's stating that he can hold his own and I've yet to be told of an opponent from SF or KOF that is more powerful than the devil Incarnate. Believe it as much as you want but there really isn't anyone from either series that can top his power.

While I tried to be sportsmanlike and not call you a fanboy, you are making it so damned hard when you read whatever you want to read and ignore the rest.
Just what have I been ignoring? You want to show me something that I think I should know? I've read all of your arguments up to this point and countered them all.

I've said much on the knowledge on the behalf of God Rugal (for the thousandth time), but the problem is you know little.
I'm pretty sure that I know more about Rugal than you know about Ryu. If you know things about Rugal that you don't think are on Wikipedia, then why don't you go add some information about Rugal? Oh, and as far as I'm concerned God Rugal is non canon so you're pretty much fighting a lost battle.

You think it is my job to sit and cater to you until you agree with me and it isn't.
Yeah I will site here and argue with you until you'll concede, and I'm basically making you prove a claim that you made earlier, and still you have yet to.

You don't even know much about the character or else you wouldn't have to sit and read wiki. How contradictory, hypocritical, arrogant, and stupid is that?
Wikipedia has a lot of knowledge actually, and that's not the only site that I read upon. If you were even listening, I said I knew a lot about the character once I finished reading all that was listed about the character, and you sit there and act like you know about Ninja Gaiden. Please, listen to your own words. You from the start decided to make a claim which you seemingly can't prove, and I'm just pointing that out. You sit there and think Rugal would win because in the game, he is so hard to beat and can be invulnerable, and has attacks you think others can do nothing about.

Yes because reading a few sites substitutes for actual gameplay and genuine knowledge... this place has definitely changed around here since I left, now I know what my friends are talking about.
Have you said all that you could about Rugal? Because if that's the case, then I pretty much countered everything. If you still have something up your sleeve, bring it. I have more knowledge about Ryu which you haven't been informed of yet. Also, what's funny is that you're criticizing me of "not knowing that much about a character" when I am at least trying to get information that I should know to be as least bias as possible, whereas you just sit there on your ass and make claims that you apparently can't support.

Have you even played anything besides DOA, Tekken, and Final Fantasy? laughing
Let's see should I list all the games I've played...yes

Halo 2
Soul Calibur II
Soul Calibur III
Budokai
Budokai 3
Kindgom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts II
Street Fighter II Turbo
Street Fighter II Turbo Revival
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Ninja Gaiden Black
Tekken 3
Tekken 4
Tekken 5
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Dead or Alive 2
Dead or Alive 3
Dead or Alive 4
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 3
MGS 3
Gears of War
Everything or Nothing
Batman Returns
The Godfather
GTA: San Andreas
GTA: Liberty Stories
Zelda: Link's Awakening
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Ruby
Super Mario Smash Bros. Melee
Fight Night
Ultimate Spiderman
Super Mario World 1 & 2
Baiten Kaitos
Onimusha 3
Parasite Eve
Samurai Champloo
Oblivion
Tomba 2
WWF Smackdown

That's not all of them.

Yeah, I only play those 3 games.

Why does it?
Because it shows what he's capable of, and that's like saying why does it matter that Rugal can beat a plain Akuma.

Does it go with the stipulations of this matchup? Ryu Hayabusa and G. Rugal, and in various settings?
Pretty much you said Rugal has the ability to teleport well so does Murai, and he has some moves where he's invulnerable, yet Ryu overcame him in the end. If you're using a non canonical character to prove a point, then you have lost this battle even before it's begun.

Because you weren't convinced with the very limited knowledge you have, that's not my problem. I'm not here to cater to you. Or even *make* you believe anything. You won't budge on Hayabusa as it is anyways.
Non canonical evidence is that right? Well you can dramatize all you want about "God" Rugal and what he can do, since it wouldn't matter either way. You can go to bed and fantasize about Rugal beating Ryu because until you provide evidence of your argument, Rugal ain't winning the match. If you don't think I'll "budge", keep in mind that in the Nightmare versus Devil Jin thread, I was convinced DJ would not win someone who I was initially sided on, and said that he would lose. Can you still say that I'm not going to think Ryu would lose no matter what the outcome of this fight would be? Yeah, as far as I can see, as much as you'll be proved wrong here, you're still going to say Rugal wins and make shit up, and to think that I was going to let you use some non canon shit on me. Pathetic.

So he just stays inbetween the teleport permenantly? confused Because if he doesn't then it takes a matter of time to initiate and recover. Teleportation is instant travel, so what you are saying is redundent.
You didn't get it. I said it does not take time to do it as in he doesn't take time thinking about where he's going to teleport. For instance, if he saw a sniper bullet coming at him, he would know where to teleport and would teleport out of the way, and appear in another spot instantly. He doesn't recover from it meaning there is no remobilization time, meaning he could keep acting the instant he appears in that other spot. Get it now?

Neither are invurnerable but Game Mechanics are a pain in the ass. G. Rugal uses his move to become invincible, the other is simply a Game Mechanic, such as invincibility while using Super Specials/Combos.
Well that's pretty much a moot argument seeing as how G. Rugal is non canon. Ryu on the other hand is and while the Ninpo invincibility is a game mechanic, he can still teleport at will, or could simply vanish into thin air, and appear wherever he likes, at any time.

Who has he fought, he has limited appearances as it is...
Goenitz and Kusanagi, and possibly more.

No, your comment of "Hahaha a grab move" shows me that you don't know truly what it is...
Yeah I actually know what it is and you don't know how Ryu can avoid it/overcome it.

Cloud_VII
not to mention that you seem to be under the false impression that Ryu is unhittable for some reason. And in all forms that the match stipulates him fight in...
Umm...hello? Who was the first to claim something like that me or you?

*Checks back*

Yeah, it was definitely you who were claiming God Rugal is invulnerable and can stay that way indefinitely, well just to burst your bubble I'm to mention once again that the version of Rugal you're using is non canon, as well as the fact Ryu is capable of being unhittable, due to his ability to vanish and appear wherever and whenever he wishes. Those abilities were displayed in the DOA games. Now you might ask the question, "why then does he get hit in the games?". To tell you the truth, it wouldn't be cinch to kill Nightmare and Dante in the story, but in-game, they have a short health bar that depletes away whenever an opponent hits them with something, being that a sword or a pair of nunchuks. If Ryu willed it, he would never be touched by his opponent.

And the same can't be said for your character and his limited use of abilities, and time it takes to charge them. Rugal uses a God Walk very often and will easily God walk out of a powerful move when fighting to the best of his abilities.
Check back where have this countered already. Ryu does not spend his energy teleporting and God Rugal is non canon.

You're so very wrong, Akuma *punched* an island down, (prove that he didn't).
I won't prove that he didn't but I'll prove you wrong nonetheless:

Ryu eventually found Akuma's island (known as Onigami Isle or the Gokuentou) and challenged him. The intense battle that followed ended in a draw; Akuma was impressed as this was the closest he had come to a defeat yet. Telling Ryu to find him again when he had embraced the Satsui no Hadou, Akuma struck his island with a powerful blow (The Kongou Kokuretsu-Zan) and disappeared. The island fell apart around Ryu, who was left in the ocean to contemplate Akuma's words.

http://www.answers.com/topic/akuma-street-fighter

And how are you trying to take the validity of a feat down by saying it's a technique, every ****ing thing is a technique in some form or another.
I know it's a technique. I'm just saying that if he didn't have the technique, or a move of that sort he wouldn't be able to do it. Now if it said something like Akuma lifted a mountain by his sheer strength then that's a whole nother story, as I gave the example of Feng Wei shattering a mountain with his fist after achieving the God Fist. He does not have the strength to lift a mountain up. Point is, you came to the conclusion that because Akuma destroyed an island, he can manipulate his ki and make island destroying blasts of energy. Do not lower the debate to IFs.

The mountain he punched down in Alpha 2 is not Ayers rock, THAT was the special technique. This is a stupid argument, especially when your characters relies on shitloads of magical items to begin with. In some forms of media even Ryu has shown to have power to destroy a mountain. And S. Gouki is more powerful than he was in Alpha 2. It happens very quickly.
Point is you were coming to the conlusion that Akuma destroyed an island with his sheer strength so that must mean he can create energy blasts of the same destructive power, when he never did. In fact, all of those great feats were done by techniques. Yes I said it techniques. Give the God Fist to Feng Wei and he can do what Akuma did.

You love your plot devices don't you?
It's a reasonable argument so why not use it? Is it because you can't come up with something better to say than that? Yeah...

Bison has the capabilities to destroy a planet and he's lost to Gouki, Gouki has destroyed a Comet... Featwars are stupid for this reason.
From what I've heard, one of those feats are not canon. If you ask for proof of feats, I would be more than willing to show it. Anyways, prove Bison can destroy a planet. No non canon shit please.

Can you show me where this is stated that he is unable to destroyan island.
Can you read? I didn't say he was unable to do it. I said that he used a special technique to do it, not just a punch, and this isn't about Akuma now is it? No, it's about Rugal.

And Evil Ryu isn't in this thread, whereas G. Rugal is on the same level as S Gouki, and you are trying to say he doesn't even have much of a chance in h2h combat is utter bullshit.
- G. Rugal is non canon so this argument is pretty much over.

- I don't care; I'll still make a point.

- You're making up bullshit now since I never said that genius.

Because all you are doing is using a broad generalization of a claim.
This coming from the person who inititially said from the beginning Ryu isn't beating Rugal. If anyone, you're being the arrogant and hypocritical person right now.

It doesn't matter. It's like me saying " Ryu has limitless potential"... can you put this amount into a number, or do you want me to drool over it.
Well it is a fact, and if it's power is indeed unfathomable, then it isn't comprehendable. Just don't argue with what a company makes.

You said that it could beat basically anyone or anything and it sounded fanboyish, especially with Darkstalkers characters around. erm
I said it could kill just about anyone and there are a lot of exlusives there. I could've meant just about everyone in his league or below. On the other hand, you said Rugal can beat just about any fighter. You think he could beat Dragonball Z characters? It would be pretty fanboyish to say that.

Wrong, I said he could beat a good many in *most* fighting games, because SF has the highest tier fighters, along with MK. He would lose horribly to many like DS characters.
Rugal has several annihilating attacks, his whole style is based off of it. "Genocide Cutter" "God Press" " God Walk" "G- End"... he can kill just about any fighter with those.
All I'm going to say is that you just owned yourself there.

You are the one who said Ryu Hayabusa can take the SF cast in SF vs. DOA,
All of the cast? No. Do not twist words.

and you don't even know much of the characters, so it's fanboyish. laughing
Most of the characters' capabilities have been revealed before then, and I had a good amount of knowledge on SF's top tiers, from people I've talked with here and online sources. To think site like Wikipedia and answers.com do not give enough information on Street Fighter and KOF is bullshit. You have not told me anything that was not on their, so you're basically showing that you're ignorant about what is even listed on the site articles. Oh, and it's fanboyish to claim Ryu loses to a KOF fighter when it's obvious you don't now that much about him, so I guess that must mean you're a fanboy.

Being defensive over something I was agreeing with you on. *sigh*
It just came right back at ya huh..

Nevermind, I saw that thread. And you went in guns blazing saying Ryu pwns everything until you fell on your face and realized he was using his hands, and even then people said he lost to the female ninjas. Do you not think G. Rugal couldn't beat those?
To begin with G. Rugal isn't f***in canon.

Go to the SF vs. MK thread for this. Scorpion does the same ass thing and even he would lose. Without some serious help on his side.
Alright and how do you know Hayabusa would lose?

Bison's super Psycho Crusher would tear him apart.
Ryu would dodge as usual and use the True Dragon Sword to slice Mr. Bison to bits.

Bison destroyed a huge area when he was simply mad and did little else.
Ayane can destroy a tritower complex and she's in a leage below Hayabusa's.

I'm betting Gill could whooop him, due to his Resurrection and ability to make meteors fall from the sky.
Don't know whether you're referring to Bison or not but meteors aren't something new to Ryu. He's fought hellspawns that originated from meteors and takes attacks that are equally as damaging with ease.

Cloud_VII
I proved that you don't know much about G. Rugal and you will go on any lengths to prove Ryu wins. wink
No you didn't. Tell me by reading the Wikipedia and Answers.com articles on Rugal isn't knowing much about him. If you claim there are people who know much more about him, then why aren't they putting that info on wiki? How I see it, you're just making an excuse to make it seem like I don't know my stuff. I've read all that I've could about Rugal and so far pretty much everything you've said about him were things I've read upon. Go read the articles for yourself to stumble upon things you've already stated.

laughing Riiight...
Alright...I was saying that he can win and I know pretty much everything there is to know about Rugal on the net. Go read the articles for yourself to stumble upon things you've said already.

Remulous
The Devil Incarnate has two forms. One was the Vigoor Emperor and the other one was Murai.

Cakewalk? Go fight him on Master Ninja mode and then judge. His attacks are the most devastating of any other opponent in the game.

Prior to the fight, a swordsmith by the name of Muramasa stated that the true from of the Dragon Sword would prove more than a match for the Dark Dragon Blade. This is about a weapon that holds unimaginable power, and which was existant since the dawn of history. Only the True Dragon Sword's power can counter it and nothing else can. Story-wise, Ryu would not have won if it weren't for the weapon. No doubt he's hard gameplaywise. But in an actual fight against the arguably most powerful form of Rugal no way. Have you even played CVS 2? Look at the background of the final stage. Many don't know this but Rugal or Gouki caused that.Originally posted by Tha C-Master
For some reason I enjoyed Ken and Terry being Rivals though, I guess they are just more charismatic. Despite what many say I found it enjoyable too.

Cloud_VII

Cloud_VII
No doubt he's hard gameplaywise. But in an actual fight against the arguably most powerful form of Rugal no way.
No I really doubt that they have planet destroying power.

Have you even played CVS 2? Look at the background of the final stage. Many don't know this but Rugal or Gouki caused that. Despite what many say I found it enjoyable too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XQBz5xrRX4

Remulous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XQBz5xrRX4 For some reason I can't see the videos on YouTube.

Tha C-Master
Lol this is fun, I haven't been on here in ages and someone's telling me what I know and don't know. It's fine though, these are just sparring. I hope you aren't angry or anything no more than I am. And no I'm not crazy about Rugal, I think he is badass though.

I'll get to this when I wake up. Or I'll just get on topic and stop this filibuster, not sure what kind of mood I'll be in. evil face

TricksterPriest
What filibuster? Cloud's the only person arguing that Hayabusa can beat God Rugal. I'd think turning Osaka into a burning wreckage would qualify as a good power feat. And that was normal Rugal. God Rugal is considered equal to Shin Gouki, by both SNK&Capcom. Which means he can do anything Shin Gouki can do. Especially because he has some of his moves and power of satsui no hadou, in addition to the orochi power. You have no right, Cloud, to bring up the non-canon arguement. You've argued that Hayabusa can beat him, you're not copping out now.

Tha C-Master
I'm glad I'm not the only person seeing this, he makes an argument defending a character against another, and then half way through he wants to say it isn't valid. This says several things to me:
1. You are trying to make a cop out.

2. You don't realize that many characters discussed in this forum are secret bosses and characters who have only been in one game without continuity.

3. You don't know much about the character, and are trying to use what I discussed with someone else earlier to make it seem like I'm in the wrong here, because I said this was the character that I was discussing. He still exists and you are trying to make it otherwise to get out of your ass-spanking.

TricksterPriest
I should also mention that I see nothing in this Vigoor Emperor that God Rugal couldn't annihilate in one super. He probably wouldn't even need a super.

Tha C-Master
I'm sure you think he fares well against any one of the DOA cast as well right?

Superboy Prime
What filibuster? Cloud's the only person arguing that Hayabusa can beat God Rugal. I'd think turning Osaka into a burning wreckage would qualify as a good power feat. And that was normal Rugal. God Rugal is considered equal to Shin Gouki, by both SNK&Capcom. Which means he can do anything Shin Gouki can do. Especially because he has some of his moves and power of satsui no hadou, in addition to the orochi power. You have no right, Cloud, to bring up the non-canon arguement. You've argued that Hayabusa can beat him, you're not copping out now.

I don't think that because SNK & Capcom paired God Rugal with Shin Gouki it means he can do everything Shin Gouki can do. They are still different characters with different power sets, techniques and attitude.

Superboy Prime
The Vigoor Emperor could literally curbstomp God Rugal, no offense. Only reason Ryu was able to bring the fight to Vigoor with the DDB was because of a Nimpo spell that levitated a small piece of ground beneath Ryu and that allowed him a chance to fight back; otherwise Ryu would have also been literally curbstomped.

Remulous
Lol this is fun, I haven't been on here in ages and someone's telling me what I know and don't know. It's fine though, these are just sparring. I hope you aren't angry or anything no more than I am. And no I'm not crazy about Rugal, I think he is badass though.

I'll get to this when I wake up. Or I'll just get on topic and stop this filibuster, not sure what kind of mood I'll be in. evil face This post makes you seem so cool. cool

People are most likely thinking Rugal will lose becuase he does not posess a massive form, use magic, and weapons. Rugal's chi is more destructive than any Nimpo or weapon in the DOA/NG universe. NORMAL Rugal destroyed an entire city.

TricksterPriest
Not to mention by saying Hayabusa can beat Rugal, you're saying that Hayabusa can beat the entire KOF 95' cast. Because that's what Omega Rugal was doing. Or that Hayabusa can beat the fatal fury team, or the 96' boss team, or the New face team. Because Rugal can do that too. He's a team buster, and unlike the orochi guys, or the NESTS garbage, he does it with his own power. And not divine power like the orochi or garbage technology like NESTS.

Yeah C-master is kickass. thumb up You too Rem. thumb up Thanks for helping me out guys.

Superboy Prime
i disagree with your claim that if Ryu Hayabusa can beat God Rugal then he can beat the entire KOF 95 cast. That's a big number for Ryu, but Rugal is just one, ultimately very very powerful, opponent and Ryu would just need to concentrate on Rugal and not 30 + characters with different powers and fighting abilities, as would be the case of the KOF cast.

Besides the A > B and B > C therefor A > C logic isn't good at all.

TricksterPriest
No no. I said Omega Rugal did that. Do you understand you are saying that Hayabusa is more powerful than the entire KOF 95' if he can beat Omega Rugal, let alone God Rugal? If the entire KOF 95' cast couldn't stop him, then you are claiming Hayabusa is more powerful. So yes, the A>B>C logic does work here. Do you know how hard it is do something like that? The sheer power and skill needed? This is why Rugal is rivaled with Gouki. Because he's the only KOF boss (outside of Orochi roll eyes (sarcastic) who comes close to Gouki's insane power.

Remulous
And unlike Gouki, Rugal can be very aristocratic. That's one thing that makes him cool to me. In fact Rugal is like the only reoccurring boss of KOF, he dies and still comes back, showing how powerful he is.

Tha C-Master
Here it comes, hot and fresh out the kitchen... smokin'

Tha C-Master

Tha C-Master

Tha C-Master

Tha C-Master

Tha C-Master

Tha C-Master

Tha C-Master

Tha C-Master
Since it wouldn't work on my quote. smokin'

Remulous
Holy $h!t dude!!! You ate him a friggen live. I will agree that Hayabusa is a very skilled and powerful warrior but he isn't the best like many make him out to be. DOA can't really compare to any 2d fighter.

Tha C-Master
I do agree that smaller factions get overrated in an attempt to do the "right thing" or "fair thing" which I find annoying.

Remulous
Screw the right or fair thing. I want the truth, the fact that Hayabusa can't beat Rugal. I want the "Real Thing".

TricksterPriest
eek! Wow.......... *stands up and claps* Bravo C-master. That was the greatest owning of a fanboy I've ever seen. For the record, I was letting him argue the Gaiden feats separately. but you're right, Gaiden is not part of the original match. 2nd, wasn't it stated that S. Gouki in CvS2 was more powerful than normal S. Gouki because of the Orochi power?

The problem with trying to be 'fair' is, at what point do you stop? At some point, you just have acknowledge some people are just outclassed or that there's a higher level. Case in point: this thread, my Anubis Vs. Sephiroth thread, Thanos vs. Despero, etc. Cloud, just walk away. you've lost, badly. God Rugal destroys Hayabusa, period. Accept it.

Remulous
Although I find it insane that a hand to hand Hayabusa can even begin to rival Rugal. I can understand because for a while I thought Ryu from SF was untouchable. Some times the love and respect for a character can cloud ones judgment. Although C Master did "TREAT" him.

"TREAT"=owned

Tha C-Master
eek! Wow.......... *stands up and claps* Bravo C-master. That was the greatest owning of a fanboy I've ever seen. For the record, I was letting him argue the Gaiden feats separately. but you're right, Gaiden is not part of the original match. 2nd, wasn't it stated that S. Gouki in CvS2 was more powerful than normal S. Gouki because of the Orochi power?

The problem with trying to be 'fair' is, at what point do you stop? At some point, you just have acknowledge some people are just outclassed or that there's a higher level. Case in point: this thread, my Anubis Vs. Sephiroth thread, Thanos vs. Despero, etc. Cloud, just walk away. you've lost, badly. God Rugal destroys Hayabusa, period. Accept it. I figured you had let him do it, but if he's going to bring the non-canon crap up, he should at least follow the rules...

Superboy Prime
No no. I said Omega Rugal did that. Do you understand you are saying that Hayabusa is more powerful than the entire KOF 95' if he can beat Omega Rugal, let alone God Rugal? If the entire KOF 95' cast couldn't stop him, then you are claiming Hayabusa is more powerful. So yes, the A>B>C logic does work here. Do you know how hard it is do something like that? The sheer power and skill needed? This is why Rugal is rivaled with Gouki. Because he's the only KOF boss (outside of Orochi roll eyes (sarcastic) who comes close to Gouki's insane power.

For the record in hand to hand Ryu has no business with Omega/Ultra/God/Uber Rugal. I am no claiming anything. Don't get me wrong. I do believe it would be actually easier to take on one opponent, a powerful one like God Rugal, then to take on an entire roster of characters. That's just the way I see it.

Tha C-Master
Unless they have an orochi plot device.

Remulous
For the record in hand to hand Ryu has no business with Omega/Ultra/God/Uber Rugal. I am no claiming anything. Don't get me wrong. I do believe it would be actually easier to take on one opponent, a powerful one like God Rugal, then to take on an entire roster of characters. That's just the way I see it. I can understand that logic but I would rather fight Kyo and the gang rather than one Rugal. He will destroy his opponents quite quickly compared to the hole group.

Superboy Prime
Unless they have an orochi plot device.

Agreed.

Superboy Prime
I can understand that logic but I would rather fight Kyo and the gang rather than one Rugal. He will destroy his opponents quite quickly compared to the hole group.

Yeah, but in the end he will self destruct. So this will be my strategy:

1) Piss him off.
2) Tell him he is a pussy.
3) Run like hell.
3) Pray he self destructs before he gets to me.
4) Either a) successful in avoiding G.R. long enough to watch him self destruct and brag, or b) get myself decimated, thorn to shreds and desintegrated.

TricksterPriest
Hence, Kyo does not deserve credit for that victory. stick out tongue Sorry, just had to get that out of my system. For the record, I'm damn sure Omega Rugal was far stronger than Goenitz. Hell, I think Rugal (post losing his eye) was stronger than Goenitz.

Remulous
Yeah, but in the end he will self destruct. So this will be my strategy:

1) Piss him off.
2) Tell him he is a pussy.
3) Run like hell.
3) Pray he self destructs before he gets to me.
4) Either a) successful in avoiding G.R. long enough to watch him self destruct and brag, or b) get myself decimated, thorn to shreds and desintegrated. laughing I see you are a very strategic guy.Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Hence, Kyo does not deserve credit for that victory. stick out tongue Sorry, just had to get that out of my system. For the record, I'm damn sure Omega Rugal was far stronger than Goenitz. Hell, I think Rugal (post losing his eye) was stronger than Goenitz. unfortunatly, Kyo does not deserve credit for any of his victories, still badass though

Tha C-Master
It widely depends, when fighting more guys, you have more guys to worry about. But there is only so much they can do at one time without the risk of hurting one another... that's why a guy who can warp all over the place is quite scary...

Remulous
It widely depends, when fighting more guys, you have more guys to worry about. But there is only so much they can do at one time without the risk of hurting one another... that's why a guy who can warp all over the place is quite scary... Hell yeah, Not only can he warp he's got several instant death moves. At least if there are other warriors you will last longer and can slowly pick them off. One Rugal like warrior will instantly kill you.

TricksterPriest
Actually, even running won't work. Omega Rugal self-destructed, God Rugal didn't. So you're screwed. stick out tongue Agreed, Kyo is badass. But he still gets his ass kicked by Iori. Btw, people seem to forget or underrate the fact that he has the Shun Goku Satsu. I did a little research and compared the damage from the SGS users. Evil Ryu, Gouki, God Rugal, and Shin Gouki. Here's how they rank.

Damage.
1. S. Gouki
2. God Rugal
3. Gouki
4. E. Ryu

And the difference between S. Gouki and G. Rugal is less than 500 damage points. Which isn't much. Of course, S. Gouki has the high speed full screen version, but because of the nature of the move, it's better used for the Raging demon warp trap. Which I'll explain later.

Edit: Had to look it up. Ok, here's how the Raging demon warp trap works. As everyone knows, the Ashura Senkuu, God Walk, etc, are totally invulnerable. What some people don't know, is you can set up the shun goku satsu from a warp. You see, the SGS has a property called any-move-cancel. if you do the button combo for the SGS, it will instantly go to the SGS, regardless of move cooldown or whether you're doing a move. Any normal move can canceled into the SGS. So....warp next to your opponent, wait till you're close, then do the SGS. Instant switch to the move, grab, good game. And that my friends, is the raging demon warp trap. You like? It's something I found while I was looking up tournament level tactics.

Tha C-Master
Yea their damage isn't all that much a huge difference, but they are all deadly... S. Gouki's still rules, though oddly enough it does alot less damage then you'd expect...

TricksterPriest
True, Misogi is by far the highest damaging super in the game. Btw, did you read the edited section?

Tha C-Master
Yes, it is the highest damaging one and it comes out fast. And I love the raging warp, it's the best way to wtfpwn someone...

TricksterPriest
Ungodly difficult to do though. The SGS is the one move I can't seem to do. I can do the raging storm (intermitenly, also damn hard to do), the ya otome, the power geyser, and even the deadly rave, but I can't seem to get the Shun Goku satsu.

Tha C-Master
Yeah Geese's raising storm is nasty. They changed it so you have to input the action in 1.5 seconds or so, so it's quite nasty. I would just practice by going on survival with infinite health and energy and using the move over and over. It comes out fine for me. How do you have your buttons set up? Are youdoing light punch and kick with your thumbs or index fingers?

TricksterPriest
I'm using my thumbs and just trying to do 2 half circles quickly. 1.5 seconds is the time? Nuts. standard config. I've tried practicing in practice mode, but I can never get it off against my brother, who plays a very mean Shotokan.

Tha C-Master
I use index except for strong.

It's LpLP both on index, forward lk on index, and sqaure for thumb.
LP is R1 and LK is L1...

I find it fastest that way...

Remulous

And the difference between S. Gouki and G. Rugal is less than 500 damage points. Which isn't much. Of course, S. Gouki has the high speed full screen version, but because of the nature of the move, it's better used for the Raging demon warp trap. Which I'll explain later.

Edit: Had to look it up. Ok, here's how the Raging demon warp trap works. As everyone knows, the Ashura Senkuu, God Walk, etc, are totally invulnerable. What some people don't know, is you can set up the shun goku satsu from a warp. You see, the SGS has a property called any-move-cancel. if you do the button combo for the SGS, it will instantly go to the SGS, regardless of move cooldown or whether you're doing a move. Any normal move can canceled into the SGS. So....warp next to your opponent, wait till you're close, then do the SGS. Instant switch to the move, grab, good game. And that my friends, is the raging demon warp trap. You like? It's something I found while I was looking up tournament level tactics. Awe thanks for the info dude! But for some reason I can not preform a Shungokusatsu in that game. Maybe I'm pressing the buttons too fast?

Sado22
roll eyes (sarcastic)
amateurs.....

~The Expert Invincible Sado-sama

Remulous
Originally posted by Sado22
roll eyes (sarcastic)
amateurs.....

~The Expert Invincible Sado-sama What system do you have the game for? My X box remotes are kinda broke.

TricksterPriest
Oh shit you have the xbox version? Dude, that's the crap one. Get the PS2 version. The xbox and cube versions are broken as hell.

Remulous
Oh shit you have the xbox version? Dude, that's the crap one. Get the PS2 version. The xbox and cube versions are broken as hell. I heard the PS2 version has some kind of invincible roll tactic?

TricksterPriest
Ah yes, the roll cancel. Let me clue you in. Without that, the game isn't as fun at high levels. it actually evens the game out a good deal at the tournament level. The roll cancel has a window of 5/60ths of a second in which you can perform it. So don't worry too much. It gives 17-21 frames of invincibility, but like I said, because of the nature of the technique and the narrow window, you're not likely to encounter anyone who knows of it or can execute it. The xbox not only lacks this, but the EO system completely ruins the game. It lets you do any move you want with a simple tap of the analog stick. Utter dreck.

Remulous
Ah yes, the roll cancel. Let me clue you in. Without that, the game isn't as fun at high levels. it actually evens the game out a good deal at the tournament level. The roll cancel has a window of 5/60ths of a second in which you can perform it. So don't worry too much. It gives 17-21 frames of invincibility, but like I said, because of the nature of the technique and the narrow window, you're not likely to encounter anyone who knows of it or can execute it. The xbox not only lacks this, but the EO system completely ruins the game. It lets you do any move you want with a simple tap of the analog stick. Utter dreck. The roll cancel, eh? dan would be pretty good at that. The EO stands for easy operation but it is actually harder that way. you can't preform normal attacks unless they're high punch and kick and you can't do special moves manually.

TricksterPriest
Hence why it's garbage. A system like that destroys the essential qualities of the game and removes the ability to combo or use the full extent of the gameplay. I should also mention that the gameplay on the cube version was buggy as hell. Since the xbox game is also EO, I believe it to be similarly afflicted.

Tha C-Master
I don't believe in roll-cancelling at all myself, sorry to say. Maybe it's fun, but I think it's cheap. And I win pretty much all the time.

Oh and I saw Cloud on last night quoting, that means he's replying for the sake of his ego now... especially since he said he wasn't replying to a non-canon character. I'm not sure I'll bother with it this time.

Remulous
Hence why it's garbage. A system like that destroys the essential qualities of the game and removes the ability to combo or use the full extent of the gameplay. I should also mention that the gameplay on the cube version was buggy as hell. Since the xbox game is also EO, I believe it to be similarly afflicted. No fighting game can be played well on the GC, unless it's Smash Bros (if you really wanna consider that a fighter). The buttons on the GC just aren't positioned right for my taste.

Superboy Prime
Sad thing is while Shin Gouki deals a great ammount of damage he does take a lot of damage. =\

Tha C-Master
No fighting game can be played well on the GC, unless it's Smash Bros (if you really wanna consider that a fighter). The buttons on the GC just aren't positioned right for my taste. Exactly, and the xbox doesn't fare much better..

Sad thing is while Shin Gouki deals a great ammount of damage he does take a lot of damage. =\ Like a girl...

Remulous
Exactly, and the xbox doesn't fare much better..

The XB's fighting game compatabilities fare far better than the GC, IMO. It's just that for a time SNK was making alot of games only for the XB.

Superboy Prime
The XB's fighting game compatabilities fare far better than the GC, IMO. It's just that for a time SNK was making alot of games only for the XB.

I agree. The Xbox 360's controller is better for fighting games than the GC's. Heck even the original Xbox's S controller is better. However they made very bad decisions with games like Capcom vs SNK 2 for the Xbox.

Remulous
They made very bad decisions with games like Capcom vs SNK 2 for the Xbox. I guess Capcom was trying to make more money.

Superboy Prime
Yeah, but in the process they ruined the gameplay. It became too easy. I loved CvsSNK2 for the PS2, and I was willing to buy it again for the Xbox, but the controller layout ruined it for me.

Remulous
Don't buy the XB version if it's not necessary, unless your an XB Live type of guy. This version will do nothing for you.

Superboy Prime
I'm an xbox live kind of guy, but I still didn't get it. That's just how bad they made it =(

Remulous
Wow, It wasn't that bad of a game. Its was just FAR BETTER on the PS2.

Superboy Prime
My bitching is about the controller scheme.

What was your team?

Mine usually was Ken ratio 2, Terry & Kyo.

Other times it was Ryu & Ken ratio 2.

Tha C-Master
I had a few, but I usually just played with S. Gouki for the challenge, and to keep my fingers and reaction time fast...

Superboy Prime
And yeah I picked other characters as well, but usually first 2 times playing the game every day I picked those teams.

Tha C-Master
Who is your absolute favorite?

Remulous
-Ryu Ken Chun Li

-Terry Kyo Iori

-Dan Yuri Sakura

-Yun Rock Kyoske

Those are my favorite and best teams.

Tha C-Master
Chun Li is always a solid choice...

Remulous
I don't really like the CVS2 version of Chun Li, compared to her original SF versions.

Tha C-Master
She isn't quite as strong though... Origianal SF was just too cheap for anything though...

TricksterPriest
I use various combos of several characters, mostly on the SNK side. My best guys are Zaki, Geese, Rock, Terry, Iori, and Rugal. I can pretty almost anyone on the SNK side. Scary thing is, my brother plays Shin Gouki on A-groove, and he whups my ass if he can start a combo.

Chun-li is actually a pretty strong combo character. She's really fast and her triangle jump and heel drop kick can really disrupt a guy. But yeah, she's nowhere near as evil as she was in SF3.

Cloud_VII
Lol this is fun, I haven't been on here in ages and someone's telling me what I know and don't know. It's fine though, these are just sparring. I hope you aren't angry or anything no more than I am. And no I'm not crazy about Rugal, I think he is badass though. I'll get to this when I wake up. Or I'll just get on topic and stop this filibuster, not sure what kind of mood I'll be in. evil face
Actually, you are telling me what I know and what I don't know. I'm just telling you what you obviously don't know.

I'm glad I'm not the only person seeing this, he makes an argument defending a character against another, and then half way through he wants to say it isn't valid.
Fact is, he isn't. You want to have Ryu turn into the devil Incarnate? Let's see how G. Rugal fares against that.

1. You are trying to make a cop out.
You're using a noncanonical character to win. For that, I'm going to use a noncananical version of Ryu.

2. You don't realize that many characters discussed in this forum are secret bosses and characters who have only been in one game without continuity.
So what tells you that again?

3. You don't know much about the character, and are trying to use what I discussed with someone else earlier to make it seem like I'm in the wrong here, because I said this was the character that I was discussing. He still exists and you are trying to make it otherwise to get out of your ass-spanking.
Alright Ryu can exist as the devil since he wielded that Dark Dragon Blade. All he has to do is break the seal and kill G. Rugal within a few seconds.

- I'm now arguing the devil and crush G. Rugal with hardly any effort.

- The Dark Dragon Blade grants the user with incredible power. We're talking about a weapon that's been growing in power ever since the dawn of history.

- I'm alright with that, just don't argue that Ryu becoming the devil isn't canon either.

I should also mention that I see nothing in this Vigoor Emperor that God Rugal couldn't annihilate in one super. He probably wouldn't even need a super.
The Vigoor Emperor can most likely crush G. Rugal in his hand and G. Rugal isn't even canon.

People are most likely thinking Rugal will lose becuase he does not posess a massive form, use magic, and weapons. Rugal's chi is more destructive than any Nimpo or weapon in the DOA/NG universe.
Just listening to this makes me laugh me @$$ off.

NORMAL Rugal destroyed an entire city.
If it's a fact that he did, I should've seen an article stating something of the sort after googling "Rugal destroyed city". What sucks for you is that I didn't.

Not to mention by saying Hayabusa can beat Rugal, you're saying that Hayabusa can beat the entire KOF 95' cast. Because that's what Omega Rugal was doing.
Great you're using a plot device well let me do that also. By saying Rugal can beat Hayabusa, you're saying that Rugal can beat an opponent capable of destroying an entire planet, because that's what Ryu was doing.

Or that Hayabusa can beat the fatal fury team, or the 96' boss team, or the New face team. Because Rugal can do that too.
Or that Rugal can beat the devil Incarnate, Nicchea and Ishtaros together, or Doku's final form.

He's a team buster, and unlike the orochi guys, or the NESTS garbage, he does it with his own power.
Lolzorz laughing . He does not use any power that is his at all. He relies completely on the Orochi power.

And not divine power like the orochi or garbage technology like NESTS.
Rugal was believed dead, but he used the Orochi power to survive. Replacing his destroyed right forearm with cybernetics, Rugal revived Saisyu, brainwashed him, and sent out invitations the following year for another King of Fighters tournament. Rugal used an abandoned missile silo as his base in 1995, and abducted the winning team (again, Kyo's team) to fight Saisyu, and then himself. Despite using the Orochi power and becoming Omega Rugal, Kyo's determination saw him though. Again defeated, Rugal tried to use more of the Orochi power, but it consumed him. As his body disintegrated, he saw Iori Yagami, who told him that only those "of the bloodline" could control Orochi's power.

http://www.answers.com/topic/rugal-bernstein

So I guess this means either you are making up bs or that I know more about the King of Fighters series than you.

No no. I said Omega Rugal did that. Do you understand you are saying that Hayabusa is more powerful than the entire KOF 95' if he can beat Omega Rugal, let alone God Rugal?
Do you understand you are saying that Rugal is more powerful than the Vigoor Emperor and the Greater Fiends if he can beat Ryu, let alone Evil Ryu and Devil Ryu?

If the entire KOF 95' cast couldn't stop him, then you are claiming Hayabusa is more powerful.
If the entire Vigoor Empire couldn't stop him, then you are claiming Rugal is more powerful.

So yes, the A>B>C logic does work here.
Fine with me smile

Do you know how hard it is do something like that? The sheer power and skill needed?
I'll ask you the same question about Ryu's feat.

This is why Rugal is rivaled with Gouki. Because he's the only KOF boss (outside of Orochi roll eyes (sarcastic) who comes close to Gouki's insane power.
I'll that the devil can stomp both of them at the same time.

And unlike Gouki, Rugal can be very aristocratic. That's one thing that makes him cool to me. In fact Rugal is like the only reoccurring boss of KOF, he dies and still comes back, showing how powerful he is.
http://www.answers.com/topic/rugal-bernstein

Rugal was believed dead, but he used the Orochi power to survive. Replacing his destroyed right forearm with cybernetics, Rugal revived Saisyu, brainwashed him, and sent out invitations the following year for another King of Fighters tournament. Rugal used an abandoned missile silo as his base in 1995, and abducted the winning team (again, Kyo's team) to fight Saisyu, and then himself. Despite using the Orochi power and becoming Omega Rugal, Kyo's determination saw him though. Again defeated, Rugal tried to use more of the Orochi power, but it consumed him. As his body disintegrated, he saw Iori Yagami, who told him that only those "of the bloodline" could control Orochi's power.

Also, whenever Ryu dies he becomes resurrected.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_zdegm/is_200406/ai_n9519762

Cloud_VII

Cloud_VII

Cloud_VII

Cloud_VII

Cloud_VII

Cloud_VII

Tha C-Master
*sigh* he's back to stroke his ego... the part that amazes me is, if you're done and it's not worth your time, why post?

Cloud_VII

Cloud_VII

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>