Gorgon vs. Midnighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpunkySmurph
The deadliest leader of the Hand and HYDRA to date, vs. 'The world's deadliest killing machine' eek!

They fight in an empty carnival, with active rides.
They start at opposite sides of the carnival.

Standard equipment for both
No turning-to-stone attacks

Who wins?

SpunkySmurph
Gorgon:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorgon_%28comics%29#Gorgon_.28Tomi_Shishido.29

Midnighter:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnighter

capt it up
midnighter not that tough. Hell I doubt he could take logan the majority let a lone gorgon

long pig
The whole "turn you to stone if I look at you" thing is a bit hard to get around, even for MN.

Gorgon probably wins.

capt it up
Originally posted by long pig
The whole "turn you to stone if I look at you" thing is a bit hard to get around, even for MN.

Gorgon probably wins.
it with out it and even still gorgon faster,stronger,more durable, has a healing factor is a ninja master a long as a master at sword fighting and a number of other styles if im not mistaken.

guy222
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
The deadliest leader of the Hand and HYDRA to date, vs. 'The world's deadliest killing machine' eek!

They fight in an empty carnival, with active rides.
They start at opposite sides of the carnival.

Standard equipment for both
No turning-to-stone attacks

Who wins?

gorgon

long pig
Originally posted by capt it up
it with out it and even still gorgon faster,stronger,more durable, has a healing factor is a ninja master a long as a master at sword fighting and a number of other styles if im not mistaken.
Hell, you've read the comics he was in, the guy has superpowers out the ass.

He probably thinks faster than MN even WITH his implants. The guy created a mathematical formulae that proved, without a shadow of a doubt, the existence of god when he was only 5 years old.

Don't forget the guy has telepathy, too.

capt it up

He probably thinks faster than MN even WITH his implants. The guy created a mathematical formulae that proved, without a shadow of a doubt, the existence of god when he was only 5 years old.

ya he a walkign power house with the skill to match the best of them and he even superhumanly smart lol and yet people still think the mauvis rip off could beat him lol.

SpunkySmurph

Gorgon probably wins.

Which is probably why I put 'no turning to stone attacks' in the OP

Soljer

In which case, Midnighter could definitely take some wins from him.

Gorgon's great, don't get me wrong. But he won't be stomping Midnighter.

capt it up
Originally posted by Soljer
In which case, Midnighter could definitely take some wins from him.

Gorgon's great, don't get me wrong. But he won't be stomping Midnighter.
I beg to differ. What midnight going to do to him?

Lets not forget the fact gorgon could read his every thought. Or the fact gorgon moves at the speed of thought or faster.

Gorgon dead and has a superhuman healing factor how will midnighter deal with that? If he even hits a vital on gorgon it won't matter since it like hitting any were ealse since he dead already.

SpunkySmurph
I beg to differ. What midnight going to do to him?

Lets not forget the fact gorgon could read his every thought. Or the fact gorgon moves at the speed of thought or faster.

Gorgon dead and has a superhuman healing factor how will midnighter deal with that? If he even hits a vital on gorgon it won't matter since it like hitting any were ealse since he dead already.

Midnighter will also already know exactly what Gorgon will do, so thats not a big bonus. And, with his superhuman strength he can still KO Gorgon.

Midnighter 4/10

capt it up
Midnighter will also already know exactly what Gorgon will do, so thats not a big bonus. And, with his superhuman strength he can still KO Gorgon.

Midnighter 4/10
how will midnighter know? being he can run out comes through his brain? ya to bad that only help gorgon since he be reading every out come as well and will know every move midnighter will make.

midnight be lucky if he gets 2 wins. midnighters own mind will be used against him. not to mention gorgon also ahs superhuman strength and midnighters strength is not overly strong his best feat would not even beat logans. Also he superhuman strength really has no chance of Koing Gorgon

TheEvilHex
Gorgon wins 8/10

bigbran
how will midnighter know? being he can run out comes through his brain? ya to bad that only help gorgon since he be reading every out come as well and will know every move midnighter will make.

midnight be lucky if he gets 2 wins. midnighters own mind will be used against him. not to mention gorgon also ahs superhuman strength and midnighters strength is not overly strong his best feat would not even beat logans. Also he superhuman strength really has no chance of Koing Gorgon So, basically Gorgon can read his mind, and react at superhuman levels at the same time?

While he is focusing on reading his moves through his mind (he also has to think this out through his own mind), he also has to think about what he, himself is going to do, and he has to react at these speeds?
Hmm... wouldn't that help Midnighter?

Be better off just fighting him.

Alfheim

You know the midnighter can calculate a million battle scenerios in a second. Thats not bad either.

It could be argued that The midnighters thought processes are so complicated that Gorgon maybe not be able to read them all.

I dont see how Midnighter can stop himself being turned to stone though.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Alfheim

I dont see how Midnighter can stop himself being turned to stone though.

Alfheim
meh.

guy222
Originally posted by Alfheim
meh.

gorgon ftw

jinzin
hmmmm well I've seen MN stumped by someone who SPECULATED that if they didn't make the first move MN couldn't win in h2h... considering Gorgon's telepathy... well MN's screwed.

Soljer
Originally posted by jinzin
hmmmm well I've seen MN stumped by someone who SPECULATED that if they didn't make the first move MN couldn't win in h2h... considering Gorgon's telepathy... well MN's screwed.

As has been explained time and time again, that was a single showing against the many. Midnighter's implants work fine if he makes the first move, considering he's usually on the offensive, rather than the defensive.

Pretty much the entire run of the authority demonstrates this. no expression.

Gorgon wins, but I hate hearing that utter shite. It isn't the case.

jinzin
Originally posted by Soljer
As has been explained time and time again, that was a single showing against the many. Midnighter's implants work fine if he makes the first move, considering he's usually on the offensive, rather than the defensive.

Pretty much the entire run of the authority demonstrates this. no expression.

Gorgon wins, but I hate hearing that utter shite. It isn't the case.

Well has you've probably guessed and as I've admitted a couple of times over I'm not THAT familiar with MN so if it's "shite" then I can't really argue with you... so.. good to know I guess.

... I'm still just not sure how effective playing a bazillion battle scenarios through your head is going to be when a guy with TP can read every one of them.

masterbruce
Originally posted by jinzin

... I'm still just not sure how effective playing a bazillion battle scenarios through your head is going to be when a guy with TP can read every one of them.

maybe, Gorgon can't read the mind fast enough to keep up.

jinzin
Maybe but I doubt it.... He was following 20 men while fighting blindfolded...
so i'm guessing that's not it..
of course he may just be that good at fighting blindfolded... erm
I dunno.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.