Silver Surfer Runs The Gauntlet?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I have always liked Norrin Radd.

Stupid Rookie
Wait is this a gauntlet or a poll?

guy222
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
I have always liked Norrin Radd.

who ss running from smile

Board Walker
SS stops at Thor.

guy222
Originally posted by Board Walker
SS stops at Thor.

gets past thor, stops at firelord

Board Walker
Thor>FL

Loot

BobbyD
Originally posted by guy222
who ss running from smile

Some guy.....guy22 or something or another. confused

Soujaboy
Stops at Thor...

LORDSIDIOUS01
Gets pasts everyone except Nova.

dvampire
Thor beats him, again.

guy222
Thor>FL

firelord had thor defeated once

AngryManatee
wouldn't Silver Surfer surf the gauntlet?

bigbran
I don't get it...

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by bigbran
I don't get it...

I think you're supposed to vote in the poll for where he stops...

... which is at Thor. no expression

Loot
surfer can beat thor, but we already have a thread about them, a huge threas thats been lasting for generations. The eternal battle of surfer and thor, really its one of the best matchs ever

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Loot
surfer can beat thor, but we already have a thread about them, a huge threas thats been lasting for generations. The eternal battle of surfer and thor, really its one of the best matchs ever

He can "beat" Thor, just not for the majority. wink

Board Walker
Originally posted by Soujaboy
He can "beat" Thor, just not for the majority. wink

In comics, Thor has defeated SS more times then not, and on panel is what counts.

SpunkySmurph
In comics, Thor has defeated SS more times then not, and on panel is what counts.

So you quoted Souja... to agree with him? confused

Soljer

Spiderman's beaten firelord more often than Firelord's beaten spiderman.

Your point?

Surfer takes a majority against Thor. Tyrant stops him.

long pig
Thor's hammer is beyond Surfer's power, but Thor himself is not. I could have a nuke-gun but if I'm fighting someone who can kill me before I can use it, I won't win.

He gets to Tyrant.

draxx_tOfU
gets to tyrant...

if you go by forum rules, surfer would beat thor...

i guess...

Loot

and all those fights were normal or fair, or not under some circunstances?

HigH ScholaR
SS can beat thor and stops at Tyrant though current level probably at NOVA

HE BEATS tHOR QUITE EASILY ACTUALLY thor throws his hammer SS A) manipulate the electrical energy emiitng from the Hammer or Magical to a degree. b)Thor throws it at SS who then opens a portal which the hammer goes through or maipultes the grabvity enough that the hammer stays on the floor or put its in a cosmic bubble.

then THor is left to get the ass kicking of a life time without ss moving really he can just amp himself up or starnd thor in another part of the universe or just trap Thor in his board like he did to captain marvel or whatever he was calling himself at that time.

swerve1988
APOC steals his board and gives it to war hulk

Soujaboy
Surfer stops at Thor.

Soljer
Surfer stops at Thor.

no

Not in a forum battle. smile.

He won't stomp Thor, but he definitely won't be losing a majority to the Thunder God.

bigbran
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
SS can beat thor and stops at Tyrant though current level probably at NOVA

HE BEATS tHOR QUITE EASILY ACTUALLY thor throws his hammer SS A) manipulate the electrical energy emiitng from the Hammer or Magical to a degree. b)Thor throws it at SS who then opens a portal which the hammer goes through or maipultes the grabvity enough that the hammer stays on the floor or put its in a cosmic bubble.

then THor is left to get the ass kicking of a life time without ss moving really he can just amp himself up or starnd thor in another part of the universe or just trap Thor in his board like he did to captain marvel or whatever he was calling himself at that time. No way in hell, is he beating Tyrant... ever!
Surfer stops at Thor. Even pre-upgrade, I'd give him the majority.
Surfer runs all over his anus now.

If your going to say RKT, well don't. Unless you think that RKT is lower than Firelord... wait... why is any Thor lower than Firelord?

dvampire
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
gets to tyrant...

if you go by forum rules, surfer would beat thor...

i guess...

If you go by comic rules, Thor beats Surfer.

bigbran
Originally posted by dvampire
If you go by comic rules, Thor beats Surfer. Current?

Soljer
If you go by comic rules, Thor beats Surfer.

Comic rules meaning.....

PIS?

dvampire
Originally posted by Soljer
Comic rules meaning.....

PIS?

Oh yeah, PIS every time Surfer gets his butt kicked right?

Thor has beaten and is always protrayed to be above Surfer, that's the way Marvel has always had it.

I see the fight going in Thors favor just the other times, with a huge hammer smacked across Surfer's face.

Atleast it's not Thanos! smile

dvampire
Current?

Current they both havn't fought yet. Until they meat and fight, I'm not going to assume anything. Their most recent fight though had Thor as the winner (again).

Wolverine2006
Hulk has beat Thor more times than Thor has beat Hulk so by comic rules u Thor fans think that Hulk would beat the crap outta Thor? The Silver Surfer would kill Thor.

bigbran
Current they both havn't fought yet. Until they meat and fight, I'm not going to assume anything. Their most recent fight though had Thor as the winner (again). I mean current, as in "the only way Thor will win".

THE ONLY TIME THAT THOR HAS EVER BEATEN SURFER, was during the Blood and Pis arc (what are these other times?). If you accept that, you must also accept, Thor being above Warlock, and Surfer at the same time. Above the Infinity Watch.
So, pre-tell, what are these many times that Thor has beaten Surfer?
Haven't they only fought, two times? The first time, Surfer was beating a bunch of Asgardians, and also beat Thor (he has the upper hand, and had Thor down at the end of the fight).
So, it is one-and-one.
Both of those times, they weren't on there normal power levels.

Soujaboy
I mean current, as in "the only way Thor will win".

THE ONLY TIME THAT THOR HAS EVER BEATEN SURFER, was during the Blood and Pis arc (what are these other times?). If you accept that, you must also accept, Thor being above Warlock, and Surfer at the same time. Above the Infinity Watch.
So, pre-tell, what are these many times that Thor has beaten Surfer?
Haven't they only fought, two times? The first time, Surfer was beating a bunch of Asgardians, and also beat Thor (he has the upper hand, and had Thor down at the end of the fight).
So, it is one-and-one.
Both of those times, they weren't on there normal power levels.

The first time they fought, Surfer even will having his power upgraded by Loki couldn't put Thor down, and even blatantly stated that Thor was the more powerful of the two. Thor was also stated to be holding back in their battle, making it all the more an impressive feat for Thor.

Actually Thor was at normal power lv's in each battle, Surfer however had a power upgrade.

bigbran
The first time they fought, Surfer even will having his power upgraded by Loki couldn't put Thor down, and even blatantly stated that Thor was the more powerful of the two. Thor was also stated to be holding back in their battle, making it all the more an impressive feat for Thor.

Actually Thor was at normal power lv's in each battle, Surfer however had a power upgrade. Did it look like Surfer was going all out?
Plus, Strange had admitted that Surfer was more powerful than Strange. Wolverine had admitted that Spider-Man could break his neck. Galactus said that Ego could destroy, him, Thor, and Firelord.
And, the clincher. Thor has admitted that a blast from Silver Surfer could destroy him and the entire Avengers.
So, Surfer can destroy Thor with a blast, and yet, Thor is also more powerful?

If you count pis as a normal power, then yes, I guess Thor was at a normal level, when he put Warlock, Surfer, and Drax with the Power Gem down with one hit. Does this sound right to you?

Also, I will find this statement, one day (maybe I should actually go read Blood and Thunder again... nah).

Soujaboy
Did it look like Surfer was going all out?
Plus, Strange had admitted that Surfer was more powerful than Strange. Wolverine had admitted that Spider-Man could break his neck. Galactus said that Ego could destroy, him, Thor, and Firelord.
And, the clincher. Thor has admitted that a blast from Silver Surfer could destroy him and the entire Avengers.
So, Surfer can destroy Thor with a blast, and yet, Thor is also more powerful?

If you count pis as a normal power, then yes, I guess Thor was at a normal level, when he put Warlock, Surfer, and Drax with the Power Gem down with one hit. Does this sound right to you?

Also, I will find this statement, one day (maybe I should actually go read Blood and Thunder again... nah).

In their first battle? yes. He was speeding around Asgard taking people out, and then came to Thor whom he said he would defeat. I don't see why he would be holding back, which most likely would be impossible considering he had no knowledge of the upgrade he was given.

The difference with your situations and mine, is that mine was actually shown on panel.

Never said the arc wasn't PIS, just said he was at normal power lv's when he battled Surfer.

?

bigbran
In their first battle? yes. He was speeding around Asgard taking people out, and then came to Thor whom he said he would defeat. I don't see why he would be holding back, which most likely would be impossible considering he had no knowledge of the upgrade he was given. Funny, because I don't remember him getting mad at all in the fight. I don't even recall him hitting Thor that much.

The difference with your situations and mine, is that mine was actually shown on panel. Mine happened too, where do you think I got them from?

Never said the arc wasn't PIS, just said he was at normal power lv's when he battled Surfer.

? We'll see about that normal power levels...

Soujaboy
Funny, because I don't remember him getting mad at all in the fight. I don't even recall him hitting Thor that much.

Mine happened too, where do you think I got them from?

We'll see about that normal power levels...

he defeated Thor by constantly hitting him, however Surfer later revealed that Thor was holding back.

So Surfer killed the Avengers, and Ego destroyed Galactus...

Thor didn't have an upgrade, he just had the power of the writer.

bigbran
he defeated Thor by constantly hitting him, however Surfer later revealed that Thor was holding back. Yes, SURFER revealed this.

So Surfer killed the Avengers, and Ego destroyed Galactus... Nope, but that has nothing to do with what you said.
Surfer said Thor was more powerful. Thor said that Surfer could destroy them all. Neither was shown.

Thor didn't have an upgrade, he just had the power of the writer. No, I'm talking about WM.

Soujaboy
Yes, SURFER revealed this.

Nope, but that has nothing to do with what you said.
Surfer said Thor was more powerful. Thor said that Surfer could destroy them all. Neither was shown.

No, I'm talking about WM.

Yes.

Thor has been shown to be the more powerful of the two, he's bested him in each of their battles except the first in which Surfer had an upgrade and Thor was holding back.

I know.

bigbran
Yes.

Thor has been shown to be the more powerful of the two, he's bested him in each of their battles except the first in which Surfer had an upgrade and Thor was holding back.

I know. Wait, so that means, he only bested him once?

I know it was said in comics... just you wait...

Soujaboy
Wait, so that means, he only bested him once?

I know it was said in comics... just you wait...

Yes, Thor has a few on Surfer in Blood and Thunder but I only count their first in the arc.

I don't believe so.

bigbran
Yes, Thor has a few on Surfer in Blood and Thunder but I only count their first in the arc.

I don't believe so. Ya, in that arc.
Let me ask you a question though.

When someone can only hit a WM three times in there lifetime, before they die, does that sound fair to anyone fighting him?
It is obviously special, and this is also obviously not just a "PISSED" Thor. Thor can get mad all he likes, but he can only hit WM three times. It isn't even the same as him being bloodlusted.

I'll keep looking.

Soujaboy
Ya, in that arc.
Let me ask you a question though.

When someone can only hit a WM three times in there lifetime, before they die, does that sound fair to anyone fighting him?
It is obviously special, and this is also obviously not just a "PISSED" Thor. Thor can get mad all he likes, but he can only hit WM three times. It isn't even the same as him being bloodlusted.

I'll keep looking.

Warrior Madness has never really been explained. I see it as his version of rabies or something like that.

Soljer
Let us not forget that one of the Surfers supposed 'losses' against Thor was after he was greatly weakened by an opponent shortly before. The sonic shark or something along those lines, if I recall correctly.

This downgrade was even greater than the one Galactus imposed upon him.

Now that the Surfer has reached NEW heights of power, comparing him to the Surfer of olde, where not only was he without an upgrade, he was actually DOWN graded, is a bit innane.

dvampire
Thor> Surfer

He has beaten Surfer, but Surfer havn't beaten him yet.

Soljer
Thor> Surfer

He has beaten Surfer, but Surfer havn't beaten him yet.

And when did Firelord beat Spiderman?

confused

Ouallada
And when did superman beat a petrol station? Let's not flog a dead horse. Surfer is in probability higher than Thor. Keep going off on how Thor has beaten surfer with WM, and the hulk fanboys are going to say that Hulk>Thor soon.

dvampire
And when did Firelord beat Spiderman?

confused

And when did Thing beat Surfer? confused

dvampire
Originally posted by Ouallada
And when did superman beat a petrol station? Let's not flog a dead horse. Surfer is in probability higher than Thor. Keep going off on how Thor has beaten surfer with WM, and the hulk fanboys are going to say that Hulk>Thor soon.

Thor has beaten Surfer, it doesn't matter what he was. It's not like he got an upgrade.

Soljer
Thor has beaten Surfer.

But that's not the point - when using DIRECT comparisons between two characters like that, a lot is lost due to levelling.

Look at how either deals with the Hulk. The Hulk hits Thor, Thor feels it. The Hulk hits the Surfer, the Surfer doesn't bat an eye, and instead goes off on one of his 'pacifist' tirades.

Look at the cosmic might the Surfer's displayed against...you know...a unipowered gladiator? Look at how the Surfer's casually one-shotted planets and created black holes? How he casually dodges meteors whilst going many times the speed of light?

Direct comparisons? Which are notoriously and inherently inaccurate? Thor > Surfer.

Feats, feats, and more feats?

Surfer >> Thor.

dvampire
Thor has beaten Surfer.

But that's not the point - when using DIRECT comparisons between two characters like that, a lot is lost due to levelling.

Look at how either deals with the Hulk. The Hulk hits Thor, Thor feels it. The Hulk hits the Surfer, the Surfer doesn't bat an eye, and instead goes off on one of his 'pacifist' tirades.

Look at the cosmic might the Surfer's displayed against...you know...a unipowered gladiator? Look at how the Surfer's casually one-shotted planets and created black holes? How he casually dodges meteors whilst going many times the speed of light?

Direct comparisons? Which are notoriously and inherently inaccurate? Thor > Surfer.

Surfer >> Thor.

Now look at how Thor koed Surfer? Look at how Thanos koed Surfer? Thor has trouble fighting against Hulk, because he actually goes into h2h combat with him. Surfer doesn't. That's the big difference between them. Look at the might Thor displayed against Zeus. That's skill and strength. Surfer can dodge meteors all he wants, Thor could do the same thing. Point is, when Surfer was fighting Thor, Thor was the fastest of the two.

Again, Thor has beaten Surfer, and is always protrayed as the strongest, no matter how cool you think Surfer is.

Again, Thor wins.

Soujaboy
Thor has beaten Surfer.

Surfer >> Thor.

Multiple times, a few times even to the point of nearly ending Surfers life.

This logic is just as easily flawed as direct comparisons, actually more so. I could easily ask who's fared better against Galactus.

Look at how Thor has bested Ego, or Galactus. The power and valor it took to stalemate Zeus or defeat Mephisto. The durability and power required to hold off Surtur or Hela. The might it took to stalemate the Stranger, or a Celestial.

This can be done all day, however it will develop into nothing.

Feats

Thor = Surfer

Soujaboy
Let us not forget that one of the Surfers supposed 'losses' against Thor was after he was greatly weakened by an opponent shortly before. The sonic shark or something along those lines, if I recall correctly.

This downgrade was even greater than the one Galactus imposed upon him.

Now that the Surfer has reached NEW heights of power, comparing him to the Surfer of olde, where not only was he without an upgrade, he was actually DOWN graded, is a bit innane.

Again you ignore that Surfer blatantly stated he was more powerful than ever before. Your speculations hold no weight when the comic specifically states otherwise.

Yet it was stated he was more powerful than "e'er" before. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Surfer hasn't even gained a power up. Mental blocks and remorse were removed. He was given back his will to fight, something never has or will lose.

The funny thing is that in their first fight not only was it established that Thor was more powerful(directly stated), but that Mjolnir is Surfer equal or near equal in speed.

guy222
Again you ignore that Surfer blatantly stated he was more powerful than ever before. Your speculations hold no weight when the comic specifically states otherwise.

Yet it was stated he was more powerful than "e'er" before. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Surfer hasn't even gained a power up. Mental blocks and remorse were removed. He was given back his will to fight, something never has or will lose.

The funny thing is that in their first fight not only was it established that Thor was more powerful(directly stated), but that Mjolnir is Surfer equal or near equal in speed.

Nova defeats SS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.