Karate Kid vs. Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Metalmanx
If this has been done, my apologies. The search function doesn't seem to like me much.

For this match, I am being completely serious. I just want to be able to accurately judge the martial arts ability of both Wolverine and Karate Kid.

Wolverine nor Karate Kid have any special upgrades. Just both of them fighting to the best of their ability to put the other down (death/KO/incapacitation).

They fight in a featureless arena with walls surrounding the edges.

Like stated previously, a KO or incapacitation counts as well.

Edit: NOT SPITE. I'm being completely sincere here.

Blair Wind
Karate Kid 10/10

If anyone disagrees, they are not informed on who KK is no expression

guy222
Originally posted by Metalmanx
If this has been done, my apologies. The search function doesn't seem to like me much.

For this match, I am being completely serious. I just want to be able to accurately judge the martial arts ability of both Wolverine and Karate Kid.

Wolverine nor Karate Kid have any special upgrades. Just both of them fighting to the best of their ability to put the other down (death/KO/incapacitation).

They fight in a featureless arena with walls surrounding the edges.

Like stated previously, a KO or incapacitation counts as well.

Edit: NOT SPITE. I'm being completely sincere here.

howlett ftw

capt it up
this is a sptie thread no matter how many tiems you say it not.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Karate Kid 10/10

If anyone disagrees, they are not informed on who KK is no expression

There is really nothing else to say. KK 10/10 (actually make that 11/10).

Metalmanx
Originally posted by capt it up
this is a sptie thread no matter how many tiems you say it not.

It's really not. I'm really just trying to accurately guage Wolverine's martial arts ability. You can be bitter and think it's a spite thread all you want, but it's not.

capt it up
It's really not. I'm really just trying to accurately guage Wolverine's martial arts ability. You can be bitter and think it's a spite thread all you want, but it's not.
really how is this not a spite thread? every pone knwos kk is un surpassed in skill making him be able to fight the lieks of superman.

really you can keep saying it not a spite thread, but it clearly is. No ones beeing bitter why would I be bitter becuase logan can't take a guy who gone toe to toe with superman.

I never wanna see wolverine go toe to toe with superman. I think superman a lame character who has far to many powers and im glad KK was able to take it too him

Badabing
Capt, give metalmanx the benefit here for a bit. Actually, I don't know much about KK. Would Logan get any shots in? Does Logan have his adamantuim, claws, healing and other abilities? Could KK put Logan down if he has all of his powers?

Metalmanx
Wolverine has all of his abilities, just like KK does.

Accel
Then you'd need to compare him to someone a teensy bit lower than Val.

Wolverine may as well be the Blob when comparing his MA skills to KK.

The Fake Macoy
KK will kill Wolverine many times. Really, KK isn't a very good choice to gauge someone's fighting skills, since everyone just dies when they fight him pretty much.

Fanboy
Karate Kid wrecks him even worse then Nick Fury did in House of M.

srankmissingnin
I read around the first 10 issues of the LEGION when it was rebooted, and now, I'm hardly the expert on the matter but it didn't see as though Karate Kid was nearly as formidable as his past incarnation. In fact I think he was beat up by two telepathic guards at one point. I haven't been reading Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes so I don't know if this has changed.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Badabing
Would Logan get any shots in?

Not likely the guy came up with a style designed to beat superfast/superstrong enemies and is a master of ever martial art. Any way you slice it Logan is screwed.

Could KK put Logan down if he has all of his powers?

Yes. And quite easily.

spidey-dude
KK

capt it up
Originally posted by Fanboy
Karate Kid wrecks him even worse then Nick Fury did in House of M.
that neevr even happen to 616. that was no him it was false memories that never took place in 616

spetznaz
Capt, give metalmanx the benefit here for a bit. Actually, I don't know much about KK. Would Logan get any shots in? Does Logan have his adamantuim, claws, healing and other abilities? Could KK put Logan down if he has all of his powers?

In a nutshell, there is nothing that Wolverine can do to KK. Val is basically a one-person anti-Kryptonian/Daxamite stomping machine. Wolvie is just some canuck with a healing factor and claws (I would have added experience, but compared to Val's there really is no rationale for bringing it up).

Logan is outclassed in every single way by Val.

don't shiv
Dubya has a really hard head, KK is going to crack a fingernail, when KK shakes his hand to quell the pain, Logan lunges atkins style with glistening adamantium fangs

incapacitation much?

grey fox
Logan 1/10

This is only if KK goes for some kind of grapple/throw and Wolvie pops his claws .

Alfheim
From my understanding KK is like a super Karnak. Am I correct?

Soljer
Originally posted by Alfheim
From my understanding KK is like a super Karnak. Am I correct?

Super duper karnak. smile.

He handles Kryptonians through force of will and martial arts.

masterbruce
wait, I know nothing about Karate Kid.

Can he fly or does he have super speed? How else could he really take Superman aside from being a plot device?

Wolverine ftw.

Blair Wind
He can fly thanks to his flight ring (which also lets him fly in space)

KK wins, everytime

LORDSIDIOUS01
If its Ralph Macchio, he wins.

The Fake Macoy
Originally posted by masterbruce

Can he fly or does he have super speed? How else could he really take Superman aside from being a plot device?

Wolverine ftw.

You know nothing but you think Wolverine would win? Interesting viewpoint. Also, Karate Kid's entire power is basically plot device, but this is a comic book. KK would destroy Wolverine so badly it's not even funny.

spetznaz
Originally posted by masterbruce

Wolverine ftw.

Karate Kid can fly via a Legion ring (which allows all Legion members to fly, although several of them can fly without it). As for Super Speed ....well, he cannot run or do anything at super speed, but he is somehow able to stop super-speedsters.

Is he a plot device? Well, yes. He is one of several Deus Ex Machine characters in comics (other examples being the Flash, Superman when sun-dipped, Dr. Doom, Reed Richards - his mind and 'miraculous' inventive powers - PsiLord, Wanda HoM, Mr Mxy and BatMite, Squirrel Girl - probably the silliest Deus Ex Machina character, and probably the greatest Deus Ex Machina character pound-for-pound ....Dr. Strange).

Thing is, Karate Kid is basically unbeatable in H2H in all normal circumstances (and several abnormal ones as well).
Wolverine is a character whose powersets mean that he has to be in physical contact with someone to harm them. That means he would have to directly engage Val.

That would be suicide for Logan.
You don't try claw-insertion-techniques (tm) against someone who was treating Superboy (I mean the REAL Superboy, not the tactile-kinetic clone) as a play thing.

Val for the win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.