Captain America vs. Wolverine (Twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Metalmanx
This is purely a hand-to-hand fight. For argument's sake, Wolverine's physiology is now equivalent to Cap's. Meaning: NO healing factor, NO claws, NO adamantium, no superhuman durabilty, no super sense, etc., etc.

Cap does NOT get his shield either. They're both put on equal footing here physically.

Fight takes place in a featureless arena with walls surrounding the edges.

Now, in plain hand-to-hand combat, who is the victor?

capt it up
well I am assuming logan has all of his knowledge and such.

also make it both are normal humans no peak humans so to make it fair since niehter had longer experience with there given abilites

Metalmanx
Originally posted by capt it up
well I am assuming logan has all of his knowledge and such.

also make it both are normal humans no peak humans so to make it fair since niehter had longer experience with there given abilites

Why? I put them both on equal footing. They both have the physiology of Cap. I would think you'd want that, otherwise the fight would last only a couple of minutes, fatigue dragging them down.

You think Wolverine would be hindered by the ability to be peak human? blink

Why would that matter anyway? This is all just depends on who the better fighter is.

Accel
I would put Wolverine above Cap as far as skills are concerned really.

capt it up
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Why? I put them both on equal footing. They both have the physiology of Cap. I would think you'd want that, otherwise the fight would last only a couple of minutes, fatigue dragging them down.

You think Wolverine would be hindered by the ability to be peak human? blink

Why would that matter anyway? This is all just depends on who the better fighter is.
becuase logan was just amde peakhuman when capt was not. capt had more experience with the abilties and limits of his body why logan ahs not.

if this had to do with skill then why won't you just make them both humans?

jinzin
with cis on, wolverine loses, he's fought for so long in situations where he could afford to be careless that it's going to cost him in this fight, captain america has to make every move count cause he ain't got a healing factor, he's been fighting that way forever, but logan is easily more prone to being sloppy.. cap 6/10

capt it up
Originally posted by Accel
I agree

jinzin
Originally posted by Accel

me too honestly.

xmeat
cap wins

srankmissingnin
Flip a coin, cause it could go either way.

Metalmanx
becuase logan was just amde peakhuman when capt was not. capt had more experience with the abilties and limits of his body why logan ahs not.

if this had to do with skill then why won't you just make them both humans?

Okay. Fine. It shouldn't matter anyway. But I'll appease you, nonetheless.

They're both made regular human athletes. Athlete: able to lift one to two times one's own body weight. All their stats are the same (speed, agility, reaction time, endurance, durability, etc.), save for their specific heights and weights, obviously.

I believe Captain America wins the majority.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by jinzin
with cis on, wolverine loses, he's fought for so long in situations where he could afford to be careless that it's going to cost him in this fight, captain america has to make every move count cause he ain't got a healing factor, he's been fighting that way forever, but logan is easily more prone to being sloppy.. cap 6/10

You know, seeing you back Captain America instead of Wolverine almost make me want to prove you wrong... hmm

spidey-dude
wolvie is faster and has a sense of emotion before action is taken.kinda like DD

capt it up
I think wolverine takes it in skill not to mention his body structure would help quite a bit

jinzin
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
You know, seeing you back Captain America instead of Wolverine almost make me want to prove you wrong... hmm

laughing out loud

well I'm the wolverine fanboy you people think I am... I just think there's at least SOME validity behind feats.

Metalmanx
I think wolverine takes it in skill not to mention his body structure would help quite a bit

His 5'3", 200lb body structure would help Wolverine how?

I think Cap takes it in skill.

capt it up
His 5'3", 200lb body structure would help Wolverine how?

I think Cap takes it in skill.

structure wise it help a good deal. of they have the same strength which they should since that the whole point of this for them to have the same abilities.

Logan is closer to the ground making him ahrder to nock down not mention making him a harder target.

Not to mention he has extremely long arms allowing him quite a reach for such a small body.

how ever it skill wise and I think logans the more skilled and clearly the mroe experienced

Metalmanx
Yea, well, I'd already anticipated your answer. I'm waiting to hear from some others concerning this topic now.

Cap will still have a longer reach both in his arms and legs.

And honestly, I've never seen Wolverine have "extremely long arms" before, unless you're referring to his claws' length. They look to be about proportionate to me.

inamilist
This is interesting smile

Jinzin brings up the best point however. Taking away the healing factor and claws and whatever else is a huge disadvantage for Wolvie.

Not that he isn't more skilled than Cap (I think he certainly is) just, as was mentioned, his fighting style is more prone to taking injury.

imho, if they were given 2 months or whatever to train with their new physiologies, Logan would have it.

As it stands, 50/50 with a slight edge to Cap, since all he loses is his shield.

The Fake Macoy
To be honest I've seen Cap consistantly do more skilled feats than Wolverine, IMO (before you start posting scans). I'll give Cap a slight edge in this one, 6/10.

capt it up
Yea, well, I'd already anticipated your answer. I'm waiting to hear from some others concerning this topic now.

And honestly, I've never seen Wolverine have "extremely long arms" before, unless you're referring to his claws' length. They look to be about proportionate to me.
really have you ever read 90's wolverine? his arms have been potrade as extremely large. He been showns this way many times.

not that it matter since were going by skill

inamilist

several martial arts are honed specifically for people of Logan's body type to beat stronger and larger opponents.

Since I've heard it said that "he knows every martial art in the world" shifty I'm sure he must have picked up one of those...

EDIT: that might have sounded too cynical. All I mean by it is that, both men are skilled enough that any weight, height, body structure advantage is going to be moot. They will both know how to effectively fight the opponent they are fighting.

bigbran
I don't know about anyone else... but I really CAN'T see Cap losing.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by bigbran
I don't know about anyone else... but I really CAN'T see Cap losing.

Well he does wear an American flag... sad

jinzin
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Well he does wear an American flag... sad

laughing out loud

sometimes i forget your one of our northern friends buddy.

srankmissingnin
We need passports to get into America now... what the heck.

SpunkySmurph

sick

inamilist
sick

It could have been that stupid fence thing

jinzin

what?!?!

no way...

does that mean i need a pssport to trck up to canada?
sad

capt it up
what?!?!

no way...

does that mean i need a pssport to trck up to canada?
sad
yup they made me show them one to get back im not sure about in though

bigbran
We need passports to get into America now... what the heck. My mom, and my aunt drove down there, and back without a passport...

Soljer
Captain America wins.

Not any vast majority, but a majority nonetheless.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Soljer
Captain America wins.

Not any vast majority, but a majority nonetheless.

Nobody cares about that right now. smile

Where do you live? What the f**k?

Anyways... this all falls under the Canadian discrimination thread I made a while ago...

Dreampanther
structure wise it help a good deal. of they have the same strength which they should since that the whole point of this for them to have the same abilities.

Logan is closer to the ground making him ahrder to nock down not mention making him a harder target.

Not to mention he has extremely long arms allowing him quite a reach for such a small body.

how ever it skill wise and I think logans the more skilled and clearly the mroe experienced

A skilled bigger fighter will ALMOST ALWAYS (like, more than 95%, at a rough guess) take out a skilled smaller fighter. That is why they have different weight classes - otherwise the bigger guys will simply tear the smaller guys to pieces. Any professional boxer will tell you this.

In this scenario, Wolverine is smaller, therefore weaker, he is used to leaving himself open to provoke enemies into over-extending themselves so he can retaliate - and he is fighting Cap, arguably one of the better strategists that have ever lived.

Wolverine is toast - Cap takes this 8 out of 10, and I am giving the two to Logan due to luck and chance.

Alfheim
Cap wins he is more skillful.

capt it up
Originally posted by Dreampanther
A skilled bigger fighter will ALMOST ALWAYS (like, more than 95%, at a rough guess) take out a skilled smaller fighter. That is why they have different weight classes - otherwise the bigger guys will simply tear the smaller guys to pieces. Any professional boxer will tell you this.

That only due to strength. if they are the same strength that is not the case. how ever it clear you miss read what I said since the rest of your post you keep assumign capt stronger.

In this scenario, Wolverine is smaller, therefore weaker,.
smaller does nto equal weaker and as stated they ahve the same strength in this fight.

he is used to leaving himself open to provoke enemies into over-extending themselves so he can retaliate - and he is fighting Cap, arguably one of the better strategists that have ever lived.]
again this whole thread is absed on the fact logan had ample time with out his powers. This is merely who mroe skileld match up

Wolverine is toast - Cap takes this 8 out of 10, and I am giving the two to Logan due to luck and chance.

clearly a man who knows nothing about wolverine

Soleran

In this scenario, Wolverine is smaller, therefore weaker, he is used to leaving himself open to provoke enemies into over-extending themselves so he can retaliate - and he is fighting Cap, arguably one of the better strategists that have ever lived.

True enough for this discussion and why I believe Captain America should win the majority here.

capt it up
Originally posted by Soleran
True enough for this discussion and why I believe Captain America should win the majority here.
how si that true?

first there the same strength in this fight so that whole arguement went to the craper.

Dreampanther
"That only due to strength. if they are the same strength that is not the case. how ever it clear you miss read what I said since the rest of your post you keep assumign capt stronger. "

"smaller does nto equal weaker and as stated they ahve the same strength in this fight."

Smaller, does in fact, in this instance, mean weaker. Sorry, little buddy, but if you wanna play with the big boys, you are gonna have to go and get a ladder first. Cap is bigger, therefore he is stronger. They might both be on equal footing here, physically - but I am taking that to mean that they are both at the peak of their different physicalities - NOT that Wolverine has now suddenly grown two feet in order to look Cap in the eys.

Once a runt, always a runt.

"again this whole thread is absed on the fact logan had ample time with out his powers. This is merely who mroe skileld match up"

Exactly - Cap, a man who has survived more or less whole and unscathed during his entire war career, by out-fighting, out-lasting and out-thinking every opponenet he has ever faced, or Logan, who goes into 'berserker' mode and opens himself wide open for any retaliatory strike?

Cap has lived his whole life knowing he can die, therefore protecting himself first and then striking back. Logan has lived his whole life knowing whatever happens to him he can take it, so he gives no thought to defence - he just tries to get the kill.

Now he is suddenly mortal. And Cap is gonna beat him so hard he is gonna have to go and get a "I'm Cap's b!tch" tattoo.

"clearly a man who knows nothing about wolverine"

I know enough about Wolverine to know he'll get his ass kicked by Captain America, time and time and time again. He's already proved he can out-think him, in just about every meeting of theirs, and he sure as the sky is blue don't have much to fear from Wolverine physically, especially with his claws and healing pulled, as in this instance.

Cap is gonna spank Wolverine like a 10-year old child.

Soleran
how si that true?

first there the same strength in this fight so that whole arguement went to the craper.

They are in the same general specs as described in the first post not literally identical in strength and even so lets say they could lift 2 times their weight overhead (which is insanely strong at their weights) Cap America weighs what 240 and Wolverine 200 so Cap has a siginificant strength and reach advantage over logan.

That said a punch from a 240lb man has more zing to it then a 200lb man all things being considered.

Height and weight are very large factors in fighting especially with skills that are "comparable."

Typically the larger man wins with "comperable" skill sets.

capt it up

capt it up
They are in the same general specs as described in the first post not literally identical in strength and even so lets say they could lift 2 times their weight overhead (which is insanely strong at their weights) Cap America weighs what 240 and Wolverine 200 so Cap has a siginificant strength and reach advantage over logan.

That said a punch from a 240lb man has more zing to it then a 200lb man all things being considered.

Height and weight are very large factors in fighting especially with skills that are "comparable."

Typically the larger man wins with "comperable" skill sets.

Lol metal max later said it was a skills match they have the same strength and so on.

Soleran
Okay. Fine. It shouldn't matter anyway. But I'll appease you, nonetheless.

They're both made regular human athletes. Athlete: able to lift one to two times one's own body weight. All their stats are the same (speed, agility, reaction time, endurance, durability, etc.), save for their specific heights and weights, obviously.

I believe Captain America wins the majority.

Yeah right there and I pointed out that Captain is larger and heavier then Wolverine so they do have the same strength and it's based off their bodyweight one to two times Cap's advantage on strength and reach.smile

capt it up
Yeah right there and I pointed out that Captain is larger and heavier then Wolverine so they do have the same strength and it's based off their bodyweight one to two times Cap's advantage on strength and reach.smile

also it supose to be a skills match I think metal max made a mistake. since he kept saying it a skills match through otu the thread.

capt weights 240

logan wieghts 295.

Soleran
No adamantium, Logan weighs around 200lbs last I heard.

Anyway it's just my two cents based on the discussion and the rules established by the thread creator.

Based off the thread's rules I'm going Captain America 6/10.

capt it up
No adamantium, Logan weighs around 200lbs last I heard.

Anyway it's just my two cents based on the discussion and the rules established by the thread creator.

Based off the thread's rules I'm going Captain America 6/10.
ya when metal max get back on I asked what he wanted since it he was going by pure skill that really did nto make sense why he set it up this way

that like stealing all of logans powers and then giving capt more strength.

Jyppe
I'm giving this to Captain America. He's more skilled of the 2 IMO. He doesn't have fancy healing factor, he doesn't need one. He has fared well without one.

Cap wins 7/10.

capt it up
I disagree I think logan the more skilled of the two and deffinetly more experienced

Silent Master
Cap spent several decades fighting Korvac in the future, I doubt Wolverine has any exp edge at this point.

Soljer
I disagree I think logan the more skilled of the two and deffinetly more experienced

Nope.

smile.

juggernaut66666
Nope.

smile.
You have to learn that here on KMC no one is better then Wolverine. no expression

capt it up
Originally posted by Silent Master
Cap spent several decades fighting Korvac in the future, I doubt Wolverine has any exp edge at this point.
what issue? also thats not possiable capt be an old man then unless it was all an alternate reality or a re written one in which case it would not matter

capt it up
Nope.

smile.

Nope?

how is logan not the more experinced? Not to mention his master 1000 year expereince on top of logans on 100 years experence on top of implanted memories with even more experience

Soljer
Nope?

how is logan not the more experinced? Not to mention his master 1000 year expereince on top of logans on 100 years experence on top of implanted memories with even more experience

Who said which part of your statement I was disagreeing with? confused

capt it up
Who said which part of your statement I was disagreeing with? confused
well you said nope as if you were saying no to both statements niether of which I agree with you on.

hell I go as far as to say winter soldier is more skilled then capt, but capts stats are what allow him to defeat his old partner

Soljer
well you said nope as if you were saying no to both statements niether of which I agree with you on.

hell I go as far as to say winter soldier is more skilled then capt, but capts stats are what allow him to defeat his old partner

What the f**k?

capt it up
What the f**k?
if you read capt america winter soldier run you understand what im talking about. Bucky is a naterully skilled fighter even with out training. He was also much mroe talented then capt, not to mention he had all the same training capt got from all the same people

inamilist
On weight divisions:

To some degree, you guys are correct when you say bigger people have the advantage. Like in boxing.

However, there are styles of fighting that can eliminate those advantages. The best example I can give is Pride fighting. There are no weight classes in Pride, and many times, very skilled martial artists will be able to take out larger opponents.

Look up this guy named Bob Sapp on Youtube. He is gigantic, he would pummel a man with his forearm, but smaller fighters are constantly able to take him down (mind you, with ridiculous skill advantages). The Gracie style ju jitsu (i think its ju jitsu, I'm no expert on these things) is also designed for thin, wiry people to take out much larger and stronger opponents.

In fights where the fighters need to use the same style, sure, there is going to be big advantages for big people. When the variation comes in, where both Wolvie and Cap are going to be able to react on the fly with moves from multiple different styles, any advantage that the physique would give will be moot at best.

Silent Master
what issue? also thats not possiable capt be an old man then unless it was all an alternate reality or a re written one in which case it would not matter

It was an issue of Captain America, I think from 1999, anyway Korvac had a cosmic cube and kept rebooting time, he let Cap remember what happened as he was attmepting to break Cap's spirit.

Soleran
Originally posted by inamilist
On weight divisions:

To some degree, you guys are correct when you say bigger people have the advantage. Like in boxing.

However, there are styles of fighting that can eliminate those advantages.

They don't elminate the advantages.

Jui-jitsu is supposed to help you overcome up to 6 inches and/or 50lbs of opponent.

Once again with all things being equal rougly in skill as you mention in PRIDE, size matters.

jinzin
Originally posted by Jyppe
I'm giving this to Captain America. He's more skilled of the 2 IMO. He doesn't have fancy healing factor, he doesn't need one. He has fared well without one.

Cap wins 7/10.

meh i stand by what i said before...

captain america isn't more skilled than wolverine per say.. i've not seen anything that caps done which wolverine hasn't duplicated in his own way...

none of cap's feats of skill are more complex than wolverine's or outside his capability to do.
I feel the main problem lies in the fact that wolverine's comfort zone is based in his ability to take punishment to fight more effeciently...

example: he takes silver samurai's sword to the gut, to draw him in and lop off his arm.
he lets roughouse hit him so his healing factor can compensate for other damage he's taken and plans to come back at roughouse when roughouse thinks he has wolvie on the ropes...
in weapon x, he lets 2 bounty hunters shoot him and plays dead untell they get close enough for him to strike...

personally, i think wolverine fights lazy because he knows he can afford to.
cap's more used to fighting and making every move count offensively as well as defensively...

like stated earlier, if wolverine had like a few months to refamiliarize himself with fighting with caution then this could go either way.... but because he doesn't have that luxury cap pounds him here.

jinzin
Nope.

smile.

actually.. yep would be the answer there...

cap was in a block of ice for decades.. wolverine on the other hand has been in wars, the cia, the cis, the csis, interpol, sheild, team x, samurai blood feuds, air force mission, and acting as a free agent for nearly 100 years nonstop. His experience seems to trump captain america's....

though both have had an overwhelmingly prolific career as superheroes....

Soljer

cap was in a block of ice for decades.. wolverine on the other hand has been in wars, the cia, the cis, the csis, interpol, sheild, team x, samurai blood feuds, air force mission, and acting as a free agent for nearly 100 years nonstop. His experience seems to trump captain america's....

though both have had an overwhelmingly prolific career as superheroes....

I wasn't referring to experience. Merely skill.

Wolverine is skilled. Nearly as much as captain america, I'll admit.

But I wouldn't say that Logan is moreso.

jinzin
I wasn't referring to experience. Merely skill.

Wolverine is skilled. Nearly as much as captain america, I'll admit.

But I wouldn't say that Logan is moreso.

hmmmm.. I'm not sure.. i mean I suppose it's all relative...

I think that wolverine just knows more about trickery and mysticism than cap would...

but their skills are definitely on par for the most part.

hulk10
Captain America.

Soljer
hmmmm.. I'm not sure.. i mean I suppose it's all relative...

I think that wolverine just knows more about trickery and mysticism than cap would...

but their skills are definitely on par for the most part.

On par? Certainly. I'd hope that you recognize me as one of the few on the board trying to avoid the backlash against wolverine. I'm one of the last people to downplay his skill. In fact, I can think of very few people that could compare to the likes of Captain America and Wolverine in comics. Besides the likes of Gamora, that is. Karnak? Maybe. Iron Fist? Perhaps. Daredevil? Not quite, but close.

But that's really just about it.

Though, I will say that, while Wolverine has more experience period, the majority of said (on panel) experience is 'snikt, RAWR,' rather than the gentle finesse that we see Cap use every damned issue.

I think that's why so many people take issue with Wolverine being almost the most skilled martial artist on Marvel Earth. The majority of his appearances are, simply, 'snikt, RAWR.'

erm.

Disclaimer: let me again say that I'm not trying to take anything away from Logan with that statement. I know he has plenty of skill feats, I know that he IS on Cap's level. I'm just trying to clarify for myself, and for others on the forum the reasoning behind people's backlash beyond the whole excessive fanboy thing (that has, for the most part, passed.)

I say to the Wolverine haters of the forum...

Move on! Start hating Storm, the Hulk, or Apocalypse. They are much more deserving considering the fanboys we have raging through the forums.

Much more deserving. smile.

stick out tongue.

Don Mega
Under these stipulations I go with Cap. Under Normal abilities I go with Logan.

jinzin
On par? Certainly. I'd hope that you recognize me as one of the few on the board trying to avoid the backlash against wolverine.

oh i certainly do, and I appreciate the effort; you see with eyes unclouded by hate my friend....

I'm one of the last people to downplay his skill. In fact, I can think of very few people that could compare to the likes of Captain America and Wolverine in comics. Besides the likes of Gamora, that is. Karnak? Maybe. Iron Fist? Perhaps. Daredevil? Not quite, but close.

But that's really just about it.

Though, I will say that, while Wolverine has more experience period, the majority of said (on panel) experience is 'snikt, RAWR,' rather than the gentle finesse that we see Cap use every damned issue.

I think that's why so many people take issue with Wolverine being almost the most skilled martial artist on Marvel Earth. The majority of his appearances are, simply, 'snikt, RAWR.'

laughing out loud tis true!

Disclaimer: let me again say that I'm not trying to take anything away from Logan with that statement. I know he has plenty of skill feats, I know that he IS on Cap's level. I'm just trying to clarify for myself, and for others on the forum the reasoning behind people's backlash beyond the whole excessive fanboy thing (that has, for the most part, passed.)

I say to the Wolverine haters of the forum...

Move on! Start hating Storm, the Hulk, or Apocalypse. They are much more deserving considering the fanboys we have raging through the forums.

Much more deserving. smile.

stick out tongue.
clapping

capt it up
hey at least people are starting to see that capt can not take a normal wolverine the majority.

Soljer
hey at least people are starting to see that capt can not take a normal wolverine the majority.

Very few people believe that. erm.

capt it up
Very few people believe that. erm.
well thats sad. it wierd that people will say capt wins 6/10 here, but then in a normal fight say capt wins 7/10 lol

in this match up logan is very down graded to make the fight even.

Dreampanther

Oh, really.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4491/capwolverine23wm5ug.jpg

Spanking Wolverine's ass like a 10-year old child. Against Cap, it's not even a competition. It's like watching a sixth-grader playing chess against a master - it's a slaughter.

Soljer
Oh, really.

Spanking Wolverine's ass like a 10-year old child. Against Cap, it's not even a competition. It's like watching a sixth-grader playing chess against a master - it's a slaughter.

Thats Ultimate Cap, for the record.

bigbran
well thats sad. it wierd that people will say capt wins 6/10 here, but then in a normal fight say capt wins 7/10 lol

in this match up logan is very down graded to make the fight even. I was wondering the exact same thing...
Cap wins.
Oh, really.

Spanking Wolverine's ass like a 10-year old child. Against Cap, it's not even a competition. It's like watching a sixth-grader playing chess against a master - it's a slaughter. Ultimate.

capt it up
Oh, really.

lol the uilitmate capt and wolverine. ulitmate capt is a whole differnet character.

ulitmate wolverine is crappy he would not last more then a few seconds vs 616.

man your knowledge of comics is skrewed up. Trying to use ulitmate comics in a 616 debate lol

SpunkySmurph

Yeah, but Cap was kicking that block of ice's ass

Soljer
Yeah, but Cap was kicking that block of ice's ass

You're god damned right he was.

capt it up
but the ice still gave him hard nipples

so ice 1/10

Dreampanther
lol the uilitmate capt and wolverine. ulitmate capt is a whole differnet character.

ulitmate wolverine is crappy he would not last more then a few seconds vs 616.

man your knowledge of comics is skrewed up. Trying to use ulitmate comics in a 616 debate lol

So that's your response? Boy, what a come-back...

At least I've shown some proof, while all you have been doing is shooting off your big mouth...

Even Jinzin agrees with me:

"I feel the main problem lies in the fact that wolverine's comfort zone is based in his ability to take punishment to fight more effeciently...

example: he takes silver samurai's sword to the gut, to draw him in and lop off his arm.
he lets roughouse hit him so his healing factor can compensate for other damage he's taken and plans to come back at roughouse when roughouse thinks he has wolvie on the ropes...
in weapon x, he lets 2 bounty hunters shoot him and plays dead untell they get close enough for him to strike...

personally, i think wolverine fights lazy because he knows he can afford to.
cap's more used to fighting and making every move count offensively as well as defensively...

like stated earlier, if wolverine had like a few months to refamiliarize himself with fighting with caution then this could go either way.... but because he doesn't have that luxury cap pounds him here."

Wolverine goes down even harder than you in this argument.

Badabing
Captain America Wins!

SpunkySmurph
Hmm...

When I hover my mouse over Badabing's link, in my lower status bar comes up:

"www.00fun.com/annoying.shtml"

hmm

capt it up
So that's your response? Boy, what a come-back...

At least I've shown some proof, while all you have been doing is shooting off your big mouth...
Show proof? You showed nothing. You showed a pick about a totally different character. That like me showing hulk beating capts ass.

Also I have shown you prove all ready, but I will show it again.

MAN AND WOLF PART 3 of 6 CAPTAIN AMERICA issue 404: Wolverine and Captain American battle with Wolverine as the victor.

At least my prove is not an alternate universe.

My proof>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>yours

Even Jinzin agrees with me:
No jinzin said if logan had a few months getting use to him self he would win. Jinzin also said Logan was the more skilled.

Not real fair to strip one character of his powers and send him into battle with another with out giving him time. Also I assume he was given enough time to be use to his abilities. Also the whole thread is based off fighting skills in which I feel logan is more skilled not to mention has far more experience.

Wolverine goes down even harder than you in this argument.
My argument? Your only evidence was from another universe smart guy.

Mine was from the real marvel universe.

jinzin
Yeah, but Cap was kicking that block of ice's ass laughing out loud

Dreampanther

Not real fair to strip one character of his powers and send him into battle with another with out giving him time. Also I assume he was given enough time to be use to his abilities. Also the whole thread is based poff fighting skills in which I feel logan is more skilled not to mention has far more experience.

Oh, not fair? You are now crying about not fair? Shame, because everybody here agrees that Wolverine will get his ass kicked by Cap undere THESE circumstances, you are now crying about NOT FAIR?

Like I said - your debating skills keep on astounding me.

Soleran
Mine was from the real marvel universe.

I'm sorry but I love the irony in that line.

capt it up
Oh, not fair? You are now crying about not fair? Shame, because everybody here agrees that Wolverine will get his ass kicked by Cap undere THESE circumstances, you are now crying about NOT FAIR?

Like I said - your debating skills keep on astounding me.

look below me what metal max said. This is a debate on who more skilled in which many people have agree that logan is in fact the more skilled.

I bet you think with all there powers capt takes wolverine right? also those scann were mighty smart of you to post. you know it funny when people post scanns Of issues they have never read lol

capt it up
I'm sorry but I love the irony in that line.
irony? when ahve I ever used an ulternate universe as evidence?

Badabing
irony? when ahve I ever used an ulternate universe as evidence?
I think he was just having fun about the REAL Marvel Universe. Like, the 616 Universe is real. stick out tongue

Dreampanther
look below me what metal max said. This is a debate on who more skilled in which many people have agree that logan is in fact the more skilled.

I bet you think with all there powers capt takes wolverine right? also those scann were mighty smart of you to post. you know it funny when people post scanns Of issues they have never read lol

I posted the scans to motivate an argument - obviously something you have never heard of. I used them to show that while Wolverine may be (and is - I never argued this fact) one of the most skilled fighters in your REAL MARVEL UNIVERSE, Cap makes him look like a child when it comes to tactics, strategy - outwitting your oppononent, utilising every single possible means to overcome his opponent.

Your Wolverine is a brawler, pure and simple - cannon-fodder. Or in this case, Captain-fodder.

Wolverine is out-classed, and he will be out-witted, taken by surprise by some trick of Cap, and once off-balance, he will be vulnerable - and beaten.

Deadpool played Wolverine like the thoughtless berserker, the walk-in-swinging brawler he is, a man who forgets all his training the moment his opponent presses his buttons. He played Wolverine like a fool, and he isn't even close to the strategist or tactician Cap is.

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/2953/wolverine088page06072yd3op.jpg

It's typical - you, like Wolverine, think it's all in your muscles. Which is why Wolverine always gets beaten.

Cap, on the other hand, knows that the fight is won in the head - and that is why he has won this fight before it even started.

srankmissingnin
I posted the scans to motivate an argument - obviously something you have never heard of. I used them to show that while Wolverine may be (and is - I never argued this fact) one of the most skilled fighters in your REAL MARVEL UNIVERSE, Cap makes him look like a child when it comes to tactics, strategy - outwitting your oppononent, utilising every single possible means to overcome his opponent.

Your Wolverine is a brawler, pure and simple - cannon-fodder. Or in this case, Captain-fodder.

Wolverine is out-classed, and he will be out-witted, taken by surprise by some trick of Cap, and once off-balance, he will be vulnerable - and beaten.

Deadpool played Wolverine like the thoughtless berserker, the walk-in-swinging brawler he is, a man who forgets all his training the moment his opponent presses his buttons. He played Wolverine like a fool, and he isn't even close to the strategist or tactician Cap is.

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/2953/wolverine088page06072yd3op.jpg

It's typical - you, like Wolverine, think it's all in your muscles. Which is why Wolverine always gets beaten.

Cap, on the other hand, knows that the fight is won in the head - and that is why he has won this fight before it even started.

... *sigh*

Ultimate Captain America beating Ultimate Wolverine is about as relevant to this fight as me beating a random guy who's name happens to be Michael Jordan in a game of 21 would be in deciding if I could beat the real Michael Jordan... The only thing you managed to prove with that scan is that you are too stupid to know the difference between Ultimate Marvel and 616 Marvel. Congratulations champ, would you care to say Movie Heman = Comic Heman while your at it?

Deadpool didn't sucker Wolverine into anything. Anyone with even the slightest experience with reading Deadpool can tell you he has never displayed enough forethought to even hint that would be capable of that. Randomness is a staple of Deadpool's character; every thing he does, he does by the seat of his pants. Would you like me to tell you what did happen? It was trash talking in response to Wolverine's "foot in mouth" comment. "What? Deadpool? Trash talking?" you stutter? I know, shocking isn't it. Since when is Deadpool known for trash talking? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Maybe you should stick to reading the cartoons in the Saturday morning paper, they seem like they'd be more in your ball park.

Soleran
...Deadpool didn't sucker Wolverine into anything. Anyone with even the slightest experience with reading Deadpool can tell you he has never displayed enough forethought to even hint that would be capable of that. Would you like me to tell you what did happen? It was trash talking in response to Wolverine's "foot in mouth" comment. "What? Deadpool? Trash talking?" you stutter? I know, shocking isn't it. Since when is Deadpool known for trash talking? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Deadpool did something very similar to that with the Hulk as well actually. That would be in the "real" 616 marvel as well.

srankmissingnin
When Hulk impaled him self on a street sign?

SpunkySmurph

Deadpool didn't sucker Wolverine into anything. Anyone with even the slightest experience with reading Deadpool can tell you he has never displayed enough forethought to even hint that would be capable of that. Would you like me to tell you what did happen? It was trash talking in response to Wolverine's "foot in mouth" comment. "What? Deadpool? Trash talking?" you stutter? I know, shocking isn't it. Since when is Deadpool known for trash talking? roll eyes (sarcastic)

See, I came into this thread with a good mood, and you had to ruin it. erm

It wasn't trash talking. Sure, Deadpool mentions that he suckered him into something right after the boot comment, but then theres a clear pause in between comments so Wolverine would get into position for said 'suckering', BEFORE he says what he's been suckered for.

A pause? That would require strategy and waiting
Strategy and waiting? That would require forethought
Forethought? That would mean it wasn't trash talk!
Not trash talk? That would mean Srank was wrong and dangerously close to being a blind fanboy! scared

srankmissingnin
See, I came into this thread with a good mood, and you had to ruin it. erm

It wasn't trash talking. Sure, Deadpool mentions that he suckered him into something right after the boot comment, but then theres a clear pause in between comments so Wolverine would get into position for said 'suckering', BEFORE he says what he's been suckered for.

A pause? That would require strategy and waiting
Strategy and waiting? That would require forethought
Forethought? That would mean it wasn't trash talk!
Not trash talk? That would mean Srank was wrong and dangerously close to being a blind fanboy! scared

A pause... you mean the transition between panels? confused

Transition between panels = master plan! Of course! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wolverine dropped kicked DP, and DP recovered faster then expected (maybe he rolled with the kick) and then he took advantage of Wolverine being in a postion where he couldn't defend and skewered him. How much forethough is involved in that?

Dreampanther
... *sigh*

Ultimate Captain America beating Ultimate Wolverine is about as relevant to this fight as me beating a random guy who's name happens to be Michael Jordan in a game of 21 would be in deciding if I could beat the real Michael Joran... The only thing you managed to prove with that scan is that you are too stupid to know the difference between Ultimate Marvel and 616 Marvel. Congratulations champ, would you care to say Movie Heman = Comic Heman while your at it?

Deadpool didn't sucker Wolverine into anything. Anyone with even the slightest experience with reading Deadpool can tell you he has never displayed enough forethought to even hint that would be capable of that. Would you like me to tell you what did happen? It was trash talking in response to Wolverine's "foot in mouth" comment. "What? Deadpool? Trash talking?" you stutter? I know, shocking isn't it. Since when is Deadpool known for trash talking? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Maybe you should stick to reading the cartoons in the Saturday morning paper, they seem like they'd be more in your ball park.

Ha ha ha ha - thanks - I actually needed that! You know, it's funny, but for a while thought you guys could debate, or form a coherent argument - but instead, like usual, you devolved to insults.

I have to thank you - I keep on expecting at least high-school level debates, in other words coherent arguments, rather than insults - but once again, you've brought me firmly back to earth, reminding me where I am, who I'm dealing with and what the subject matter is.

No wonder Wolverine fanboys have the worst reputation on these boards.

So, let me just point out a few features in your statements.

"Deadpool didn't sucker Wolverine into anything. Anyone with even the slightest experience with reading Deadpool can tell you he has never displayed enough forethought to even hint that would be capable of that. Would you like me to tell you what did happen? It was trash talking in response to Wolverine's "foot in mouth" comment. "What? Deadpool? Trash talking?" you stutter? I know, shocking isn't it. Since when is Deadpool known for trash talking? roll eyes (sarcastic) "

OK - so now you are even arguing with the comics themselves? So, when it shows on panel IN A WOLVERINE COMIC that Deadpool suckers Wolverine, and Deadpool even explains how he suckered Wolverine - Deadpool is a liar? The writers are liars? The entire Marvel univers are liars?

But you're never wrong, of course. Never, ever, ever. Only the writers are wrong. Only the Marvel universe is wrong.

If you had checked the fight with Hulk, you would have seen Deadpool doing the same to Hulk, manoevering him into a position where he eventually impales himself - same as he did to Wolverine.

But no, the comics are wrong.

Like I said - thanks! I needed that!

jinzin
... *sigh*

Ultimate Captain America beating Ultimate Wolverine is about as relevant to this fight as me beating a random guy who's name happens to be Michael Jordan in a game of 21 would be in deciding if I could beat the real Michael Jordan... The only thing you managed to prove with that scan is that you are too stupid to know the difference between Ultimate Marvel and 616 Marvel. Congratulations champ, would you care to say Movie Heman = Comic Heman while your at it?

Deadpool didn't sucker Wolverine into anything. Anyone with even the slightest experience with reading Deadpool can tell you he has never displayed enough forethought to even hint that would be capable of that. Randomness is a staple of Deadpool's character; every thing he does, he does by the seat of his pants. Would you like me to tell you what did happen? It was trash talking in response to Wolverine's "foot in mouth" comment. "What? Deadpool? Trash talking?" you stutter? I know, shocking isn't it. Since when is Deadpool known for trash talking? roll eyes (sarcastic)

not to mention the fact that these events would have never taken place if wolverine were 100%

hell the guy lands 3 hits on pool before that even happened..

srankmissingnin
Ha ha ha ha - thanks - I actually needed that! You know, it's funny, but for a while thought you guys could debate, or form a coherent argument - but instead, like usual, you devolved to insults.

I have to thank you - I keep on expecting at least high-school level debates, in other words coherent arguments, rather than insults - but once again, you've brought me firmly back to earth, reminding me where I am, who I'm dealing with and what the subject matter is.

No wonder Wolverine fanboys have the worst reputation on these boards.

So, let me just point out a few features in your statements.

"Deadpool didn't sucker Wolverine into anything. Anyone with even the slightest experience with reading Deadpool can tell you he has never displayed enough forethought to even hint that would be capable of that. Would you like me to tell you what did happen? It was trash talking in response to Wolverine's "foot in mouth" comment. "What? Deadpool? Trash talking?" you stutter? I know, shocking isn't it. Since when is Deadpool known for trash talking? roll eyes (sarcastic) "

OK - so now you are even arguing with the comics themselves? So, when it shows on panel IN A WOLVERINE COMIC that Deadpool suckers Wolverine, and Deadpool even explains how he suckered Wolverine - Deadpool is a liar? The writers are liars? The entire Marvel univers are liars?

But you're never wrong, of course. Never, ever, ever. Only the writers are wrong. Only the Marvel universe is wrong.

If you had checked the fight with Hulk, you would have seen Deadpool doing the same to Hulk, manoevering him into a position where he eventually impales himself - same as he did to Wolverine.

But no, the comics are wrong.

Like I said - thanks! I needed that!

What do you except champ? You come into a debate decided to uses something that is, at the very best, very loosely connected to the subject matter to argue your point... and then you decided to insult someone in your rebuttal for pointing it out? What do you think would happen if you did the same thing in a high-school debate? The person who had to make a rebuttal towards what you said would tare you a new one.

Now, lets get the Hulk thing out of the way. Actually I'm glade you guys brought this up because it is almost the exact same thing as the Wolverine example, which really helps me out. Heres what happened. Hulk knocked Deadpool into a storefront window and the jumped after him. Deadpool positions the broken sign post so that Hulk will land on it, and Hulk being midair an unable to adjust his trajectory gets skewered. Much like the Wolverine case, Deadpool is flying by the seat of his pants and much like the Wolverine incident it only worked because the person Deadpool was fighting was midair when Deadpool went into action.

Deadpool's entire comment stemmed form Wolverine saying his "foot in mouth comment." It was Deadpool's fabled "quick wit" reacting to what Wolverine said, nothing more and nothing less. It was trash talking, how anyone with a passing familiarity with the character could miss that is beyond me. It is about the writers or characters being liars, it's about understanding the characters. Deadpool out witted Wolverine in the same vien as he said he was lord of the dance, and the worlds best lover. He talks out of his ass, IT'S PART OF HIS CHARACTER!

If you can argue with anything I said then please do, but come up with something better then "What! What! So Deadpool is liar now?!" It makes it seem like you've never even glanced at a Deadpool comic.

SpunkySmurph
A pause... you mean the transition between panels? confused

Transition between panels = master plan! Of course! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wolverine dropped kicked DP, and DP recovered faster then expected (maybe he rolled with the kick) and then he took advantage of Wolverine being in a postion where he couldn't defend and skewered him. How much forethough is involved in that?

I didn't say it was a masterplan. But it WAS a plan

Why would they show the break between bubbles (implying that there is a break in Deadpool's talking) for any reason but to build up suspense?

It wasn't a snappy comeback.
It wasn't trashtalking.

Deadpool SAID he suckered Wolverine, then paused for suspense, and pointed out specifically HOW he suckered him when Wolverine was in position.

It wasn't a master plan. But it wasn't trash talking.

Dreampanther
Deadpool's entire comment stemmed form Wolverine saying his "foot in mouth comment." It was Deadpool's fabled "quick wit" reacting to what Wolverine said, nothing more and nothing less. It was trash talking, how anyone with a passing familiarity with the character could miss that is beyond me. It is about the writers or characters being liars, it's about understanding the characters. Deadpool out witted Wolverine in the same vain as he said he was lord of the dance, and the worlds best lover. He talks out of his ass, IT'S HIS CHARACTER!

Sure. Like I said:

You are right, the entire Marvel universe is wrong, and the fact that Deadpool has done it at least twice, on panel, means nothing.

Soleran
When Hulk impaled him self on a street sign?

Yup Hulk jumped at DP when DP was stnding in front of the sign then he moved and Hulk impaled himself.

srankmissingnin
I didn't say it was a masterplan. But it WAS a plan

Why would they show the break between bubbles (implying that there is a break in Deadpool's talking) for any reason but to build up suspense?

It wasn't a snappy comeback.
It wasn't trashtalking.

Deadpool SAID he suckered Wolverine, then paused for suspense, and pointed out specifically HOW he suckered him when Wolverine was in position.

It wasn't a master plan. But it wasn't trash talking.

I'm not sure why there being a pause between "You" and "into" somehow equates into forethought. The pause was moment that Deadpool stabbed Wolverine. It was for suspense, if it was it would have been on a two page spread where you can see the entire fight in a glance, it would have come on the next page. The pause is you know when Deadpool stabbed Wolverine, the stop in the sentence denotes the action.

Deadpool didn't set Wolverine up into kicking him the face. He didn't predict that Wolverine would kick him in the face. Wolverine dropped kicked DP, and DP recovered faster then expected (maybe he rolled with the kick) and then he took advantage of Wolverine being in a postion where he couldn't defend and skewered him. How much forethough is involved in that? Thats all happened.

srankmissingnin
Yup Hulk jumped at DP when DP was stnding in front of the sign then he moved and Hulk impaled himself.

No you can see the sign post while DD is still inside the store, which is after Hulk jumped. DD moved the sign into position while the Hulk was in mid leap.

Sure. Like I said:

You are right, the entire Marvel universe is wrong, and the fact that Deadpool has done it at least twice, on panel, means nothing.

He's done it zero times... try to keep up.

Dreampanther
No you can see the sign post while DD is still inside the store, which is after Hulk jumped. DD moved the sign into position while the Hulk was in mid leap.

If Deadpool can sucker Wolverine, Cap sure as the sky is blue won't have much problems - and your arguments that Deadpool didn't do it purposely isn't helping your arguments either, because all it proves is that Wolverine can be suckered by somebody who isn't even planning it (according to you), while Cap will CERTAINLY plan it - or would you now like to contest that as well?

srankmissingnin
If Deadpool can sucker Wolverine, Cap sure as the sky is blue won't have much problems - and your arguments that Deadpool didn't do it purposely isn't helping your arguments either, because all it proves is that Wolverine can be suckered by somebody who isn't even planning it (according to you), while Cap will CERTAINLY plan it - or would you now like to contest that as well?

Have you ever been kicked in the head? The only reason Deadpool was able to recover fast enough to land a hit on a still airborne Wolverine is that (are you ready, this is going to be shocking... you might want brace your self)... he has a healing factor! eek! Captain America doesn't.

Dreampanther

Uh huh, like I said:
"Deadpool is a liar? The writers are liars? The entire Marvel univers are liars?"

Because we are now in Wolverineverse...

SpunkySmurph
I'm not sure why there being a pause between "You" and "into" somehow equates into forethought. The pause was moment that Deadpool stabbed Wolverine. It was for suspense, if it was it would have been on a two page spread where you can see the entire fight in a glance, it would have come on the next page. The pause is you know when Deadpool stabbed Wolverine, the stop in the sentence denotes the action.

Deadpool didn't set Wolverine up into kicking him the face. He didn't predict that Wolverine would kick him in the face. Wolverine dropped kicked DP, and DP recovered faster then expected (maybe he rolled with the kick) and then he took advantage of Wolverine being in a postion where he couldn't defend and skewered him. How much forethough is involved in that? Thats all happened.

nope

Your logic is faulty at best.

You seem to think that DP didn't have any forethought simply because it wasn't shown on a two page spread.

erm

The fact is , Deadpool wasn't going to say

"I can't believe how easily I suckered you into letting me gut you, which I'll do in one second"

He waited. He was planning on Wolverines moves, and he tricked him.

He said:

"I can't believe how easily I suckered you..."
Definitive pause
"Into opening yourself up for THIS!"

It wasn't phrased as trash talk. It wasn't phrased as a spontaneous comeback. It was phrased as DP carefully putting his plan into action.

Just because Wolverine lost a fight is no reason to start making up excuses and grasping at straws.

srankmissingnin
nope

Your logic is faulty at best.

You seem to think that DP didn't have any forethought simply because it wasn't shown on a two page spread.

erm

The fact is , Deadpool wasn't going to say

"I can't believe how easily I suckered you into letting me gut you, which I'll do in one second"

He waited. He was planning on Wolverines moves, and he tricked him.

He said:

"I can't believe how easily I suckered you..."
Definitive pause
"Into opening yourself up for THIS!"

It wasn't phrased as trash talk. It wasn't phrased as a spontaneous comeback. It was phrased as DP carefully putting his plan into action.

Just because Wolverine lost a fight is no reason to start making up excuses and grasping at straws.

The moment after Wolverine kicked Deadpool in the face he knew he was going to stab him in the back. That much is true BUT what isn't true is that he suckered Wolverine into anything. For that to be true it would mean that he somehow manipulated Wolverine into drop kicking him. Do you think that Deadpool played Wolverine into playing that hand? There is nothing on the panel to suggest it, nothing in Deadpool's career would have me think he was cable of it. What happened is Wolverine kicked Deadpool in the face then made a smug comment. Deadpool, who's healing factor had allowed for a quick recover allowed him to seize and opening and lay down his response to Wolverine's comment. What don't you agree with? Do you believe that Deadpool planed on doing that to Wolverine form the start? If not then it was reactive, and yes, it was trash talking.

SpunkySmurph
The moment after Wolverine kicked Deadpool in the face he know he was going to stab him in the back. That much is true BUT what isn't true is that he suckered Wolverine into anything. For that to be true it would mean that he somehow manipulated Wolverine into drop kicking him. Do you think that Deadpool played Wolverine into playing that hand? There is nothing on the panel to suggest it, nothing in Deadpool's career would have me think he was cable of it. What happened is Wolverine kicked Deadpool in the face then made a smug comment. Deadpool, who's healing factor had allowed for a quick recover allowed him to seize and opening and lay down his response to Wolverine's comment. What don't you agree with? Do you believe that Deadpool planed on doing that to Wolverine form the start? If not then it was reactive, and yes, it was trash talking.

doh

...No.

I believe it was Deadpool's intention as soon as he set himself up for the boot-to-the-face to sucker Wolverine.

You're taking what's given on panel, with nothing to dispute, and, because you like Wolverine, and don't want to see him lose, you start coming up with groundless theories.

It isn't the first time Deadpool's demonstrated strategy.
He's utilized tactics when fighting Taskmaster.
He's shown forethought when he brought down Wolverine with T-Rex level tranqs (that he had brought in advance)

You seem to think that jokes and insanity equate to stupidity.

srankmissingnin
doh

...No.

I believe it was Deadpool's intention as soon as he set himself up for the boot-to-the-face to sucker Wolverine.

You're taking what's given on panel, with nothing to dispute, and, because you like Wolverine, and don't want to see him lose, you start coming up with groundless theories.

It isn't the first time Deadpool's demonstrated strategy.
He's utilized tactics when fighting Taskmaster.
He's shown forethought when he brought down Wolverine with T-Rex level tranqs (that he had brought in advance)

You seem to think that jokes and insanity equate to stupidity.

What makes you think it was ever Deadpool's intention to allow Wolverine to kick him in the face? His "plan" didn't come into being until after he got kicked in the face, he was just reacting to Wolverine. He wasn't thinking "Wolverine is going to kick me in the face... I'll take it on purpose and then stab him!" There would have been no way for him to predict that, especially considering Wolverine lunged with his claws drawn and switched into a drop kick at the last moment. Deadpool got kicked in the face because he wasn't got enough to avoid it.

Deadpool didn't use strategy against Taskmaster(or... more accuratlely he didn't use and forethought), he did his random routine and busted out some dance moves... and it just happened to work.

I'll give you the tranq fight but that was more of a throw back to the orginal more serious New Mutants, Deadpool. I figure Liefield pressured who ever was writing the issues into using that incarnation of Deadpool (who carried alot of gadgets with him). It was out of character but I just pretend it was because Wade was working for a genious criminal mastermind... and maybe he was willing to be more serious to save Theresa. But even then something went wrong in capturing Wolverine, we don't know how he ened up at that bar after he was tranq... but DP was still after him.

Dreampanther
What makes you think it was ever Deadpool's intention to allow Wolverine to kick him in the face? His "plan" didn't come into being until after he got kicked in the face, he was just reacting to Wolverine. He wasn't thinking "Wolverine is going to kick me in the face... I'll take it on purpose and then stab him!" There would have been no way for him to predict that, especially considering Wolverine lunged with his claws drawn and switched into a drop kick at the last moment. Deadpool got kicked in the face because he wasn't got enough to avoid it.

Deadpool didn't use strategy against Taskmaster(or... more accuratlely he didn't use and forethought), he did his random routine and busted out some dance moves... and it just happened to work.

I'll give you the tranq fight but that was more of a throw back to the orginal more serious New Mutants, Deadpool. I figure Liefield pressured who ever was writing the issues into using that incarnation of Deadpool (who carried alot of gadgets with him). It was out of character but I just pretend it was because Wade was working for a genious criminal mastermind... and maybe he was willing to be more serious to save Theresa. But even then something went wrong in capturing Wolverine, we don't know how he ened up at that bar after he was tranq... but DP was still after him.

Please allow me to help illustrate your point, how Deadpool can't think ahead or plan a battle... Since we are now in Opposite World, apparently, these should just be more hard evidence for your case that Deadpool has absolutely no sense of startegy or tactics.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9907/deadpool04p177nl6kg.th.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/64/deadpool04p186xg4lo.th.jpg

Again, allow me this opportunity to congratulate you on the arguments you are making - the more you argue that Wolverine got suckered by Deadpool without Deadpool even planning it, the more you are substantiating my case that Cap will make mince-meat out of him.

So please, don't stop now...

srankmissingnin
Please allow me to help illustrate your point, how Deadpool can't think ahead or plan a battle... Since we are now in Opposite World, apparently, these should just be more hard evidence for your case that Deadpool has absolutely no sense of startegy or tactics.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9907/deadpool04p177nl6kg.th.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/64/deadpool04p186xg4lo.th.jpg

Again, allow me this opportunity to congratulate you on the arguments you are making - the more you argue that Wolverine got suckered by Deadpool without Deadpool even planning it, the more you are substantiating my case that Cap will make mince-meat out of him.

So please, don't stop now...

Do you really want me to explain this... *sigh* fine

Page 1, Panel 1 (Top left corner) Deadpool, who has been punched into a store window by the Hulk, plays with a Mannequin head

Page 1, Panel 2 (The big one in the center) Hulk - having just punched Wade into the store front - jumps after him

Page 1, Panel 3 (Bottom right) Deadpool sees a broken sign post out side the window

Page 2, Panel 1 (Top panel) Hulk is still in the air (off panel Deadpool is moving the sign from Page 1, Panel 3 into position)

Page 2, Panel 2 (Center panel) Same as previous

Page 2, Panel 3 (Bottome panel) Deadpool has moved the sign into place and Hulk, who is airborne and can't alter his momentum has no choice not to get impaled.

Once again, in this situation Deadpool didn't trick, sucker or manipulate his foe into doing anything, all he did is react to what they did do. There is no manipulation or master plan involved. Hulk was in the air before the sign post was moved into postion (you can see it is in a different place in Page 1, Panel 3 then Page 2, Panel 3).

If a boxer throws a jab but the other boxer recovers faster and lands a counter punch under his guard... is that "suckering" him in? Because that is what we are talking about here.

Dreampanther
Once again, in this situation Deadpool didn't trick, sucker or manipulate his foe into doing anything, all he did is react to what they did do. There is no manipulation or master plan involved. Hulk was in the air before the sign post was moved into postion (you can see it is in a different place in Page 1, Panel 3 then Page 2, Panel 3).

If a boxer throws a jab but the other boxer recovers faster and lands a counter punch under his guard... is that "suckering" him in? Because that is what we are talking about here.

Again, thanks for illustrating Opposite World rules here - I'm a lost as the baby-sitter in a game of Calvinball. I'm having problems twisting and disregarding whatever appears on panel to suit my argument - but I'm sure learning from a master!

Deadpool clearly pauses, realising he needs a strategy to get what he wants from the Hulk, sees the pole OUTSIDE while he is INSIDE, says 'hmm', then, the next panel show him casually draped against the pole ouside, the Hulk in the air in one of his typical attacks - and Deadpool casually shifts out of the way, allowing Hulk to impale himself.

Deadpool NEVER shifted the pole, contrary to what you said, and clearly showed on the panel - therefore my admiration of your ability mis-represent what happens on panel.

Hulk wasn't in the air, when Deadpool saw the pole, quickly ran to it, and moved it to where Hulk would land - again, contrary to your statements. (Perhaps you are just mis-reading them?)

Instead, Deadpool thought of a plan, moved the fight outside, positioned himself in front of his trap, waited for Hulk to launch another predictable attack - and suckered him.

Same as he did to Wolverine.

Must be frustrating for you, I guess, having Deadpool sucker Wolverine as easy as he suckered Hulk (not the greatest strategist in the world, by all means), especially considering that Cap would therefore find it even easier. After all, he specialises exactly in this kind of thing...

srankmissingnin
Whats Hulk doing on the second panel of the first page? He is jumping. FACT

In the page directly before the first of the two post pages we see that Hulk is standing in front of the store and punches Deadpool directly into the window. FACT

As seen on the third panel of the second page, the broken sign/pipe is running parallel to the store front. FACT

Hulk, having jumped in the main panel on page 2(panel 2, remember?) is already in midair by the time Deadpool notices the sign from the window in panel 3 FACT

Having jumped directly towards Deadpool in a straight line from where he was standing prior to punching Deadpool it would be IMPOSSIBLE for Hulk to be impaled on a pipe running parallel to the store front and side walk. FACT

As the pipe was seen running parallel to the street AFTER the Hulk jumped, it would have needed to have been moved into position while Green Goliath is in midair.FACT

I don't how to make it any simpler for you. Should I write into in a nursery rhyme so even you can grasp what is happening? Christ, we are talking about McGuinness' art here, it isn't incredibly complicated or difficult to comprehend. mad

Dreampanther
Whats Hulk doing on the second panel of the first page? He is jumping. FACT

In the page directly before the first of the two post pages we see that Hulk is standing in front of the store and punches Deadpool directly into the window. FACT

As seen on the third panel of the second page, the broken sign/pipe is running parallel to the store front. FACT

Hulk, having jumped in the main panel on page 2(panel 2, remember?) is already in midair by the time Deadpool notices the sign from the window in panel 3 FACT

Having jumped directly towards Deadpool in a straight line from where he was standing prior to punching Deadpool it would be IMPOSSIBLE for Hulk to be impaled on a pipe running parallel to the store front and side walk. FACT

As the pipe was seen running parallel to the street AFTER the Hulk jumped, it would have needed to have been moved into position while Green Goliath is in midair.FACT

I don't how to make it any simpler for you. Should I write into in a nursery rhyme so even you can grasp what is happening? Christ, we are talking about McGuinness' art here, it isn't incredibly complicated or difficult to comprehend. mad

Uh huh.

Hulk knocks Deadpool through the window, into the building. He then jumps, according to you, towards Deadpool (who is now in the building, but let's come back to this later). Deadpool stands there, has a chat with the mannequin, looks out the window, has a bit of a monologue, then wanders BACK OUTSIDE, positions himself in fron of the pole, and waits for Hulk, who is still hanging in MID-AIR, according to you.

Never mind the fact that, according to you, Hulk jumped towards Deadpool in the building, and hung out in the air while Deadpool was wandering in and out of the building and having conversations with the mannequin - Hulk also somehow managed to turn himself around in mid-air, when he noticed Deadpool wasn't in the building anymore, and then landed back where he came from - according to you.

Brilliant. I applaud you.

It wouldn't make sense that Hulk knocked Deadpool into the building, Deadpool then thought of the trap, went outside, waited for Hulk to charge him again and then suckered him.

Oh no, your version, with Hulk hanging around in mid-air and then turning around in the middle of the jump makes much more sense.

Now I can see why you argue for Wolverine...

jinzin
The moment after Wolverine kicked Deadpool in the face he knew he was going to stab him in the back. That much is true BUT what isn't true is that he suckered Wolverine into anything. For that to be true it would mean that he somehow manipulated Wolverine into drop kicking him. Do you think that Deadpool played Wolverine into playing that hand? There is nothing on the panel to suggest it, nothing in Deadpool's career would have me think he was cable of it. What happened is Wolverine kicked Deadpool in the face then made a smug comment. Deadpool, who's healing factor had allowed for a quick recover allowed him to seize and opening and lay down his response to Wolverine's comment. What don't you agree with? Do you believe that Deadpool planed on doing that to Wolverine form the start? If not then it was reactive, and yes, it was trash talking.

jeezus christ listen to srank dammit.... he knows what he's talking about...

look, dp didn't know wolverine was going to drop kick him in the face... why you ask?

simple because when wovlerine started that leap he started CLAWS FIRST..... in mid leap wolverine when from clawing position to a kicking one, and dp like srank said, took advantage of the situation...

that fight's a horrible example of anyone having superior skill to wolverine.... dp took 3 hits that would have been fatal to anyone else before that "sucker" shot even took place. erm

Alfheim
edit..nevermind..

SpunkySmurph

What makes me think that?

Well, as a comic book reader who DOESN'T take to underestimating Deadpool and downplaying his feats, when I read ON PANEL with NO dispute from Wolverine or anything for that matter, I wasn't about to twist it around on a groundless theory based on my own rabid Wolverine-fanboyism.

erm

C'mon Srank. Surley you can come up with a better argument then having to disregard evidence and twist everything around to suit your own needs.

Deadpool DID use strategy. Deadpool often uses a particular style of fighting- when that style was used against him, and he had no form of countering it, he used strategy and made a completley DIFFERENT style.

As for the Hulk fight, let's examine facts again, since you seem so fond of those

FACT Deadpool saw the sign BEFORE Hulk leapt
FACT The sign was NOT straight, but it WAS connected to the ground, at a convinient angle for Hulk to impae himself if he was TRICKED
FACT BEFORE Hulk leapt, Deadpool was already talking about needing to formulate a plan. I would think that would be an excellent example of using forethought
FACT Deadpool was standing IN FRONT of the sign BEFORE Hulk leapt. (Otherwise, Hulk would have leapt at a different spot, and not have impaled himself. He leapt at the sign because Deadpool was standing in front of it)

So now, let's put 2+2+2+2 together, shall we?
-Deadpool talks about needing to formulate a plan (showing forethought)
-Hulk hasn't leapt yet
-Deadpool sees the sign (and goes "hmmm", obviously thinking about a plan and once AGAIN demonstrating forethought)
-The sign is connected to the ground, at an angle (I'd guess 60 degrees, but I'm not an estimating pro)
-Hulk STILL hasn't leapt yet
-Deadpool by now has formulated his plan (do I need to say forethought ? ), and stands in front of the sign
-Hulk leaps towards Deadpool
-Deadpool moves, thus revealing the sign
-Hulk is impaled. Deadpools plan (and FORETHOUGHT) worked.

As for you, Jinzin, we aren't talking about fighting skill. That's a whole 'nother debate. But, just to clear it up, that battle is not a good argument for Wolverine > Deadpool either, seeing as Deadpool knew he had his HF working, and thus was willing to take a blow or two.

Do you honestly believe he would make the same moves if the roles were switched, and DP's HF wasn't working?

Now Srank... evidence has been posted, and your arguments are based entirley on faulty logic, self interpretation and twisted on-panel evidence.

Deadpool demonstrated tactics that fight, in the Hulk fight, and Wolverine fell prey.

Captain America is, needless to say, a far superior tactician to Deadpool. So he has the tactical edge in this battle.

Has Wolverine demonstrated tactics in the past? Of course. Has he fallen prey to them in the past? Of course.

Could Wolverine still win this battle with Cap? Probably... but he won't have the tactical edge.

wink

Metalmanx

You are correct. This is how I interpretted it. I thought capt did, too. Guess not.

They're both at "Athlete" strength level. Given Cap's slight size advantage, he also has a slight strength advantage. As well as reach.

It's not like 40 lbs. is a big deal anyway. In fact, that kind of strength advantage really shouldn't matter with these two. Just my opinion.

also it supose to be a skills match I think metal max made a mistake. since he kept saying it a skills match through otu the thread.

capt weights 240

logan wieghts 295.

Logan weighs 200 lbs without adamantium.

Alfheim
I think the main point is that Wolverine in general does not show enough skill to beat Cap...period.

As Soljer put it snikt rawr!

Metalmanx
Not real fair to strip one character of his powers and send him into battle with another with out giving him time. Also I assume he was given enough time to be use to his abilities. Also the whole thread is based off fighting skills in which I feel logan is more skilled not to mention has far more experience.

Not quite. I also stripped Cap of his superhuman abilities. I didn't do any one-sided stripping of powers here. I put them both at the level of "Athlete". That's downgrading BOTH of them.

That said, Cap is the more skilled and thus the victor.

Metalmanx
not to mention the fact that these events would have never taken place if wolverine were 100%

hell the guy lands 3 hits on pool before that even happened..

That's really irrelevant. What does Wolvie's healing factor have to do with Deadpool suckering him? Deadpool got the better of him, pure and simple. erm

srankmissingnin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/deadpool04p177nl6kg.jpg

Jesus Christ. mad

Read the damn issue people! In the page before the two posted Hulk is standing in front of the storefront when he punches Deadpool into the window, not to the right or the left but straight in front. WE CAN SEE HIM JUMPING IN THAT MASSIVE PANEL ON THE FIRST OF THE TWO PAGES THAT WHERE POSTED! It's right there, look at it. He is already in mid-leap when Deadpool sees the sign (should I explain how the transition between panels works and which ones to read, in which order?) on the panel that DIRECTLY FALLOWS THE ONE WHERE HULK JUMPS! What is so complicated?

Metalmanx

I must disagree here. Sure, he used random moves and dances to defeat Taskmaster. But it was obvious that he quickly formulated this plan to do so. He realized that Tasky was imitating all of the moves that he saw Deadpool do. I mean, it wasn't that hard to pick up. Realizing this, DP decided to pull out moves that Tasky hadn't seen before, completely screwing over his ability to adapt in time. This, in addition with the whole catching Tasky offguard, is what won it for DP.

Strategy. Pure and simple.

srankmissingnin
I must disagree here. Sure, he used random moves and dances to defeat Taskmaster. But it was obvious that he quickly formulated this plan to do so. He realized that Tasky was imitating all of the moves that he saw Deadpool do. I mean, it wasn't that hard to pick up. Realizing this, DP decided to pull out moves that Tasky hadn't seen before, completely screwing over his ability to adapt in time. This, in addition with the whole catching Tasky offguard, is what won it for DP.

Strategy. Pure and simple.

Strategy involves fore thought and planing, something which was not involved in that fight. He was getting his ass kicked, his normal fighting style was useless so he switched it up (common sense). Deadpool wasn't thinking in his head "Taskmaster has copied the fighting styles and abilities of all the most talented people on earth... but I know! Dancing will confuse him" By all accounts that shouldn't have worked, I doubt Deadpool was banking on it working, but it did. Deadpool doesn't plan what he is doing from one second to the next, he just acts on what ever random thought that comes into his head the very moment he thinks it.

The way you guys are using the word "strategy" is so lose that it can be applied to anything. "Oh, I noticed my opponent was overbalanced... so I punched him before he could regain him self! Strategy for the win!"

Alfheim
Strategy involves fore thought and planing,

Right, so strategy never involves quick thinking?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Alfheim
Right, so strategy never involves quick thinking?

Her is an example of quick thinking strategy. Marrow while getting thrashed by Sabretooth notices there is a water drainage pipe that she can use to BFR Sabretooth if she can get him close enough.

Deadpool realizing that Hulk can't changes his tragetory midair and moving a pipe into the postion where he is going to land is about as much of a strategy as realizing that you can stab someone with a knife.

Soleran

SpunkySmurph
Time for common sense! smile

Srank, how far do you think Deadpool was from the sign when he first noticed it?

srankmissingnin

Metalmanx
Strategy involves fore thought and planing, something which was not involved in that fight. He was getting his ass kicked, his normal fighting style was useless so he switched it up (common sense). Deadpool wasn't thinking in his head "Taskmaster has copied the fighting styles and abilities of all the most talented people on earth... but I know! Dancing will confuse him" By all accounts that shouldn't have worked, I doubt Deadpool was banking on it working, but it did. Deadpool doesn't plan what he is doing from one second to the next, he just acts on what ever random thought that comes into his head the very moment he thinks it.

The way you guys are using the word "strategy" is so lose that it can be applied to anything. "Oh, I noticed my opponent was overbalanced... so I punched him before he could regain him self! Strategy for the win!"

...Really? This is the path in which you're heading? erm

Quick thinking or months of preparation, it was strategy. He quickly devised a method (regardless as to whether or not it would work) that he believed would defeat Taskmaster. It worked.

Strategy. no expression

What is your problem with Deadpool anyway? You give him absolutely no credit whatsoever. Even with his obvious insanity, he can be quite clever when need be.

Soleran
It's right there in your list of definitions... you even put it in bold. The instance of using the art or science. I'd like to refer you back to the definition that came directly before the one you put in bold font... the one that says that the art/science involves planning...

Yes now reread everything I placed up there and open up your narrow view, you're being very pig headed.

The last highlighted incident also defines strategy and it applies to Deadpool. Find another way to dismantle a discussion because right now you look foolish.

Alfheim
It's right there in your list of definitions... you even put it in bold. The instance of using the art or science. I'd like to refer you back to the definition that came directly before the one you put in bold font... the one that says that the art/science involves planning...

Oh....my....god...... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes now reread everything I placed up there and open up your narrow view, you're being very pig headed.

The last highlighted incident also defines strategy and it applies to Deadpool. Find another way to dismantle a discussion because right now you look foolish.

You know what I mean?

SpunkySmurph

I'd say between five and seven feet.

Ok. And why couldn't Hulk move before impaling himself on the sign when he saw it?

Soleran
Indeed sir, indeed.

srankmissingnin
...Really? This is the path in which you're heading? erm

Quick thinking or months of preparation, it was strategy. He quickly devised a method (regardless as to whether or not it would work) that he believed would defeat Taskmaster. It worked.

Strategy. no expression

What is your problem with Deadpool anyway? You give him absolutely no credit whatsoever. Even with his obvious insanity, he can be quite clever when need be.

I give credit where credit is due, not randomly and for no reason for the sole purpose of building up a character with characteristics that are totally foreign to their representation. He didn't devise anything, he just did it. If he isn't thinking a head and just randomly flowing from one move to the next on a whim then it isn't strategy.

srankmissingnin
Ok. And why couldn't Hulk move before impaling himself on the sign when he saw it?

Because he was in the air...

Metalmanx
I give credit where credit is due, not randomly and for no reason for the sole purpose of building up a character with characteristics that are totally foreign to their representation. He didn't devise anything, he just did it. If he isn't thinking a head and just randomly flowing from one move to the next on a whim then it isn't strategy.

Ah. I see.

So then, in your mind, not thinking ahead and just randomly flowing from one move to the next on a whim is not a strategy in itself then?

wink

Beast vs. Danger, anyone? cool

SpunkySmurph
Because he was in the air...

And he couldn't alter his momentum in mid-air?

(This is going somewhere folks, don't worry)

srankmissingnin

Which one of those definitions did you feel didn't imply or directly state that planning and forethought was involved in startegy? confused

srankmissingnin
Ah. I see.

So then, in your mind, not thinking ahead and just randomly flowing from one move to the next on a whim is not a strategy in itself then?

wink

Beast vs. Danger, anyone? cool

It's a very useful fighting style/battle tactic especially for someone with Wade's attributes but is a specific fighting style a "strategy"? Every decision you make is going to based on something, and will have reasoning and merit behind it but if simply fighting the way you are most suited is a strategy then almost everything else is as well.

And he couldn't alter his momentum in mid-air?

(This is going somewhere folks, don't worry)

... I suppose he could start waveing his arms franticly. With his massive strength, I guess that could... slow him down... or something.

Metalmanx
It's a very useful fighting style/battle tactic especially for someone with Wade's attributes but is a specific fighting style a "strategy"? Every decision you make is going to based on something, and will have reasoning and merit behind it but if simply fighting the way you are most suited is a strategy then almost everything else is as well.

I said nothing about a style. Only "flow" as you put it. Not thinking and just doing whatever happens as it happens. Basically just reacting.

Not a strategy? I beg to differ.

And I still believe Beast vs. Danger is a great example of this.

Soljer

I'd say between five and seven feet.

Vast underestimation.

Six foot? Which would mean Deadpool could take a single step and then be able to reach it with his arm?

no

I'm not arguing the semantics with you all about strategy or quick thinking or luck or whatever it is you're all bitching about.

But that sign was further than seven feet.

srankmissingnin
Vast underestimation.

Six foot? Which would mean Deadpool could take a single step and then be able to reach it with his arm?

no

I'm not arguing the semantics with you all about strategy or quick thinking or luck or whatever it is you're all bitching about.

But that sign was further than seven feet.

Deadpool is inside the window, the base of the sign is presumably in the sidewalk nearing the curb. What is the average width of a city side walk? I guess three to four feet and that Deadpool being another two to three feet inside the store. It couldn't be much further away then that could it?

I said nothing about a style. Only "flow" as you put it. Not thinking and just doing whatever happens as it happens. Basically just reacting.

Not a strategy? I beg to differ.

And I still believe Beast vs. Danger is a great example of this.

They way people are using the word strategy, one could apply the word to virtually anything and the fact of the matter is that not everything is a strategy. Strategy involves planing, it involves forethought and it involves analytical reasoning.

SpunkySmurph

... I suppose he could start waveing his arms franticly. With his massive strength, I guess that could... slow him down... or something.

I'll take that as a no...

Next question:

Did the sign (which was angled, I'll point this out for you if you want me to), look like it WASN'T attached to the ground to you?

Alfheim

They way people are using the word strategy, one could apply the word to virtually anything and the fact of the matter is that not everything is a strategy. Strategy involves planing, it involves forethought and it involves analytical reasoning.

Eventhough one of the defintions of strategy is quick thinking?

srankmissingnin
I'll take that as a no...

Next question:

Did the sign (which was angled, I'll point this out for you if you want me to), look like it WASN'T attached to the ground to you?

The sign is attacted to the ground.

You could ask all the question at once to speed this up, if you wanted.

Originally posted by Alfheim
Eventhough one of the defintions of strategy is quick thinking?

Which one would that be?

strat·e·gy

1. Also, strategics. the science or art of combining and employing the means of war in planning and directing large military movements and operations.
2. the use or an instance of using this science or art.
3. skillful use of a stratagem: The salesperson's strategy was to seem always to agree with the customer.
4. a plan, method, or series of maneuvers or stratagems for obtaining a specific goal or result: a strategy for getting ahead in the world.

SpunkySmurph

I could. smile

Would you say Deadpool unattached the sign from the ground?

srankmissingnin
I could. smile

Would you say Deadpool unattached the sign from the ground?

No.

Alfheim

Which one would that be?

strat·e·gy

1. Also, strategics. the science or art of combining and employing the means of war in planning and directing large military movements and operations.
2. the use or an instance of using this science or art.
3. skillful use of a stratagem: The salesperson's strategy was to seem always to agree with the customer.
4. a plan, method, or series of maneuvers or stratagems for obtaining a specific goal or result: a strategy for getting ahead in the world.

Number 4. roll eyes (sarcastic)

SpunkySmurph
No.

Would you say he altered the sign in any way?

(We're coming to a close soon)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>