Ryu Hayabusa runs the (Ninja) Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Special thanks to TricksterPriest for this idea. Since the DOA fanatics claim that Ryu Hayabusa can beat anybody, here is a ninja-based gauntlet match.

Names in bold mean that Hayabusa can use his Dragon Sword and ninpo.

1. Chip Zanuff
2. Guy
3. Raven
4. Taki
5. Subzero
6. Scorpion
7. Yoshimitsu
8. Vega
9. Joe Musashi
10. Hotsuma
11. Ayame and Rikimaru
12. Hanzo Hattori
13. Kitana
14. Kasumi and Ayane

Superboy Prime

lightness
chip would give him a lot of problems but i'm not sure who would win.

i don't think he's taking ayane/kasumi at the same time without his weapons and ninpou

TricksterPriest
I'll give Ryu his props. He goes down to Scorpion or Joe Musashi. Scorpion because he may not be able to kill him, and Joe......because there's no way in hell he can beat the original video game ninja. smokin'

StyleTime
If Hayabusa gets past Scorpion, he gets absolutely CURBSTOMPED by Ayane and Kasumi.

Superboy Prime
Ryu should at least be given Nimpo & sword against Scorpion. That guy can teleport Ryu to his realm were the fight will become terribly one sided against Ryu. But I am not sure...the TDS is too powerful and then it would become terribly one sided against Scorps...meh I rather not comment about it anymore...Ayane & Kasumi curbstomp him though. Some of the guys on the list I don't even know who they are, so I rather not make foolish comments.

Cloud_VII
Damn...you guys should really see what kind of challenge Ryu was taking in the Eternal Legend mission.

This was the ET gauntlet:

Feudal Phase

Ryu fights off several ninjas at once in the first floor of the emperor's palace. He then proceeds to the second floor and fights off even more deadly ninjas who use windmill shurikens. He proceeds to the third floor and kills a bunch of bats.

He advances to the fourth floor and fights the same kind of ninja's he fought in the second floor except there are ninja's that have fire-based katanas. There are also floating samurais who shoot multiple balls of energy at you. Ryu ascends to the top of the palace and enters a portal that leads him to a realm similar to the Fiend Realm.

Boss: Two samurai horsemen.

Military Phase

Ryu fights off a series of soldiers armed with stun batons and pistols. Afterwards, he is ambushed by near-futuristic soldiers who are equipped with heavy armor and plasma swords.

After that, Ryu faces off against the Vigoorian heavy infantry. These soldiers are armed with machine guns, rocket launchers, and grenade launchers. After Ryu kills those, several futuristic versions of the Vigoorian infantry appear. The weapons they use are futuristic as well.

Boss: Cyborg Captain who uses a built-in electric gun that shoots blasts of energy at his opponents.

Fiend Phase

Ryu takes on several fiends that are quite easy to beat. Then, he takes on another encounter of lesser fiends. After that, Ryu fights off 30 giant bugs.

Boss: The Ice Fiend Hydracubis, along with other lesser fiends.

Ryu then fights off six ghouls armed with axes and bows. Ryu then fights 12 wasp fiends along with 6 lesser fiends and 2 ghouls.

Boss: Yotunfrau, along with lesser fiends.

Ryu then fights off a bunch of soldier fiends along with a ghoul fiend. Ryu then fights against stronger fiends along with 6 other fiends with large pincers and energy rays. After that, Ryu kills 12 giant bugs along with 4 giant ogres armed with clubs.

Boss: Doku, one of the Greater Fiends in NG, along with other samurais. He uses the Kitetsu which is a cursed japanese sword that feeds on the souls of those that it slays.

Boss: Marbus, Lord of the Fiend Realm, along with all kinds of fiends.

Then, Ryu faces off against 4 Vigoorian Berserkers who came out of meteors. They have a second form that is triggered after recieving a certain amount of damage. This new form makes them more powerful and agile with their attacks. They can shoot bigass fireballs and can create some form of mine underneath you wherever you are.

Boss: Nicchea, along with middle class fiends. Nicchea is one of the ancient greater fiends.

Boss: Ishtaros, one of the greater fiends in NG.

That's the end of it. Afterwards, it shows Rachel being freed from the stone tablet that she was encased in originally. Ryu shows no signs of fatigue whatsoever. The end.

Cloud_VII
Major Snafu, you are acting like an idiot right now because no one claimed that Hayabusa can beat anyone.

Here's a list of characters Ryu Hayabusa would not stand that much of a chance against:

- Vegnagun

- Sephiroth

- Sin

- Most Final Fantasy X Aeons

- Kuja

- Xemnas

- Kratos

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Ryu should at least be given Nimpo & sword against Scorpion. That guy can teleport Ryu to his realm were the fight will become terribly one sided against Ryu. But I am not sure...the TDS is too powerful and then it would become terribly one sided against Scorps...meh I rather not comment about it anymore...Ayane & Kasumi curbstomp him though. Some of the guys on the list I don't even know who they are, so I rather not make foolish comments.
If Nicchea and Ishtaros don't curbstomp him I don't see Ayane and Kasumi doing either, IMO.

StyleTime
The problem with that is the fact Hayabusa consistantly has trouble with other ninjas around his level. Yeah Hayabusa can slay all manner of hellspawn, but pit him against another skilled ninja like Hayate and he runs into serious problems. Hayabusa is cool, but he simply can't take Ayane and Kasumi simultaneously. The sisters would eat him alive.

Also, Kasumi or Ayane could take on a large majority of the bosses from Ninja Gaiden with ease. Take away Hayabusa's weapons and see how he fares.

Superboy Prime
He will at least get some panty shots! So he is still the man, mate!

Cloud_VII
- You cannot put Ayane and Kasumi on Ryu's level because he has already surpassed a modern day super ninja.

- Ryu's a descendant of the Dragon Lineage who draw their blood from the same ancient deities as the fiends. He becomes a fiend after beating Doku.

- Saying Ayane and Kasumi can beat a maxed out Hayabusa with the TDS is obsurd. Ayane can defeat Omega though she wouldn't stand a chance in hell against Incarnate or the Emperor, and that goes for Kasumi as well.

Superboy Prime
That's your dilema, mate. He doesn't have any weapons nor nimpo. Just straight hand to hand against Kasumi & Ayane; and eventhough he does have exceptional skills, reaction times and speeds I see it reallyt hard to take down Kasumi & Ayane at the same time in hand to hand.

Cloud_VII
Oh I thought this was with the weapon. Alright he does not win against them but if Kasumi uses her wakizashi or if Ayane uses her kunai Ryu will use his regular Dragon Sword and own them.

But if this is a maxed out busa he clears his gauntlet. Moot argument? I know, I'm just making a point wink

Cloud_VII
In DOA2 Ultimate you can play back replays and pause them to see female ninjas' underwear! big grin

StyleTime
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
- You cannot put Ayane and Kasumi on Ryu's level because he has already surpassed a modern day super ninja.

- Ryu's a descendant of the Dragon Lineage who draw their blood from the same ancient deities as the fiends. He becomes a fiend after beating Doku.

- Saying Ayane and Kasumi can beat a maxed out Hayabusa with the TDS is obsurd. Ayane can defeat Omega though she wouldn't stand a chance in hell against Incarnate or the Emperor, and that goes for Kasumi as well.
Titles don't really mean much.

I know his history.

Again, Hayabusa isn't more powerful than Ayane or Kasumi, he just gets better weapons. Give Kasumi her own game with some True Lotus Blade and she'd do the same things Ryu does.
Oh I thought this was with the weapon. Alright he does not win against them but if Kasumi uses her wakizashi or if Ayane uses her kunai Ryu will use his regular Dragon Sword and own them.

But if this is a maxed out busa he clears his gauntlet. Moot argument? I know, I'm just making a point wink
He wouldn't win with the regular dragon sword.

Actually, we don't really know what Ayane's new weapon can do. Kasumi's wakizashi doesn't seem like a normal blade either seeing as how she stalemated Alpha-152 with it.
He can die a happy man then.

Cloud_VII
This is not Fiendish Hayabusa if Kasumi and Ayane are winning...

He literally becomes a fiend in NG...he gains a dramatic increase in strength and durability, added with Ryu's fighting skills...

Cloud_VII
True Lotus Blade? blink

Dude if Kasumi had her own game she would be like Taki because she's a kunoichi and carries around a wakizashi.

I don't see anything saying that weapon is extraordinary and Kasumi stalemated her in hand to hand. She just took out her sword at the end and that's when ALPHA-152 was like oh shit and started doing back flips and flew away.

Hi.

Superboy Prime
To be honest I do believe Ryu Hayabusa wielding the regular Dragon Sword would smoke the rest of the Ninjas. As it stands they have shown no skill what so ever to put them on his level. I know they have almost 0 showings with weapons, but that's just the way it is. They don't have the feats to back themselves up. Perhaps a couple of years from now we will be able to thanks to the Kasumi & Ayane video game, but for now they are royally screwed.

Cloud_VII
They will not be screwed because as far as we know Ayane has spells and shit and Kasumi has...to use her wakizashi to win.

I do believe Hayabusa will win because I doubt Ayane or Kasumi can beat Tengu.

The regular dragon sword can slice through metal!

smile

sad

big grin

sad

stick out tongue

Cloud_VII
Haaaahhhohoheeeheeehaw!

Superboy Prime
Yeah so what? Ayane has not proved herself to be on Ryu's level of mastery over Nimpo. Just look at how long it took for Ayane to summon the Nimpo while Hayate protected her; then consider Ryu's DOA4 ending and he simply blasts Nimpo in almost an instant while dodging fire. Ayane has no business with Ryu when Nimpo is involved.

Kasumi's mastery of her blade is nice, I grant her that. She can deflect shurken, nice. However we've seen Ryu deflect heavy fire from a chopper Turret etc. Kasumi has no business with Ryu when it comes to blades.

Cloud_VII
- Well they are masterable techniques I think they're on par with magic moves because in her alternate ending in DOA2 Ayane shoots a magical blast of energy at Kasumi while saying that gibberish she says when doing her spells. I agree Hayabusa can do it faster though.

- Not only does Hayabusa have mastery over swords but he is a master of all the ninja arts and can use flails, bo staffs, warhammers, and 100-pound berserker swords. The TDS holds incredible power also....

StyleTime
This is not Fiendish Hayabusa if Kasumi and Ayane are winning...

He literally becomes a fiend in NG...he gains a dramatic increase in strength and durability, added with Ryu's fighting skills... I haven't played Ninja Gaiden in a while, but I don't recall fiendish Hayabusa doing anything that Hayabusa can't do already.
True Lotus Blade? blink

Dude if Kasumi had her own game she would be like Taki because she's a kunoichi and carries around a wakizashi.

I don't see anything saying that weapon is extraordinary and Kasumi stalemated her in hand to hand. She just took out her sword at the end and that's when ALPHA-152 was like oh shit and started doing back flips and flew away.

Hi.
I was just making up a name. I am saying that Hayabusa's power is due to his weapons. Give Kasumi a weapon equal in power to Hayabusa's and she could take him.

Kasumi has her wakizashi out the entire time. Alpha-152 was just blocking it.
I do believe Hayabusa will win because I doubt Ayane or Kasumi can beat Tengu.

They might have had trouble in DOA2, but I see them beating Tengu now.
To be honest I do believe Ryu Hayabusa wielding the regular Dragon Sword would smoke the rest of the Ninjas. As it stands they have shown no skill what so ever to put them on his level. I know they have almost 0 showings with weapons, but that's just the way it is. They don't have the feats to back themselves up. Perhaps a couple of years from now we will be able to thanks to the Kasumi & Ayane video game, but for now they are royally screwed.
What quality of of the regular Dragon Sword puts Hayabusa so far over the of the ninja? Hayabusa isn't really phsyically better than they are. Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Yeah so what? Ayane has not proved herself to be on Ryu's level of mastery over Nimpo. Just look at how long it took for Ayane to summon the Nimpo while Hayate protected her; then consider Ryu's DOA4 ending and he simply blasts Nimpo in almost an instant while dodging fire. Ayane has no business with Ryu when Nimpo is involved.

Kasumi's mastery of her blade is nice, I grant her that. She can deflect shurken, nice. However we've seen Ryu deflect heavy fire from a chopper Turret etc. Kasumi has no business with Ryu when it comes to blades.
In Ayane's defense, she summoned a much, MUCH more destructive spell than Hayabusa's energy projectile.

Hayabusa needed his sword AND ninpo to take down some low level aircraft. Kasumi stalemated Alpha-152 with a dagger. Her skill is easliy on par with his, it's just his weapons have shown to have more power within them.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by StyleTime
I haven't played Ninja Gaiden in a while, but I don't recall fiendish Hayabusa doing anything that Hayabusa can't do already.

I was just making up a name. I am saying that Hayabusa's power is due to his weapons. Give Kasumi a weapon equal in power to Hayabusa's and she could take him.

Kasumi has her wakizashi out the entire time. Alpha-152 was just blocking it.

They might have had trouble in DOA2, but I see them beating Tengu now.

What quality of of the regular Dragon Sword puts Hayabusa so far over the of the ninja? Hayabusa isn't really phsyically better than they are.
In Ayane's defense, she summoned a much, MUCH more destructive spell than Hayabusa's energy projectile.

Hayabusa needed his sword AND ninpo to take down some low level aircraft. Kasumi stalemated Alpha-152 with a dagger. Her skill is easliy on par with his, it's just his weapons have shown to have more power within them.

A weapon can have all the power in the world but if the wielder fails to use this power properly it is as useful as paper weight. True Fiend Hayabusa didn't show new techniques in his brief appearance. It still stands for debate if Kasumi with a weapon equal in power with Hayabusa's could take him. She hasn't shown the same degree of skill with her blade as Hayabusa has. Granted she doesn't have many showings, but we can't really work on IFs, I bet you know what I mean.

It's true that Ayane's blast was more devastating, but she did take a while summoning it. Not to mention the other instance we see Ayane performing a similar Nimpo it does take her a while as well(DOA2 end of fight with Kasumi as Ayane if you knock her down the cliff)

To be honest Alpha 152 is just hype. She didn't really do anything in the game besides stalemate Kasumi, and as soon as the DOATEC Lab was about to get destroyed she fled. You and Cloud should know that what I'm saying is true.

No feats = nothing

When will Ayane and Kasumi get feats? Probably when their game is relased sometime in the future, but even then I doubt their feats will top Ryu's because apparentely the game is set in the time when the sisters were younger.

Cloud_VII
Hands down Hayabusa is the most skilled and powerful of all the ninjas of Team Ninja, as well as having the best weapon. Kasumi nor Ayane are getting the Dragon Sword.

Now Evil Ryu is definitely and I say definitely better than normal Ryu. The reason is fiends are significantly stronger, more durable, and have more stamina than average human beings do.

The team are NOT going to put Kasumi and Ayane above Hayabusa. It just won't happen.

Kasumi cannot perform the feats Ryu did without the Dragon Sword. One has to use a weapon that is effective enough against evil, and the Dragon Sword is specially made for that. If Ryu did not have the Dragon Sword, he would not have won against Incarnate, both versions of him. One being the Vigoor Emperor and the other being Murai. In-game, you can kill Doku with a pair of nunchuks, but we know one of the Greater Fiends can't be taken down that easily.

I was wrong about Kasumi not taking her sword out until the very end. Now we know 1 more thing about ALPHA-152. She can block a sword with the edge of her hand.

If this was Kasumi or Ayane versus Ryu one on one, chances are they would lose 65%. Putting them together against Hayabusa and they'll have a 50% or greater chance of winning, and that's of course if Kasumi isn't using her sword, and what the hell does Ayane have a kunai for? Doesn't Hayabusa have a number of those hanging on his legs? OMGLMFAO

Anyways, we don't know exactly what pair of characters Ryu could take exactly. In DOA, he was always fighting one person at a time...and Ryu could probably disable Ayane quickly due to her inability to teleport like he can, and it would be down to Kasumi and Hayabusa...if this is Evil Ryu, he could take any blow from Kasumi and his strength would overwhelm her. I will give her normal Ryu though.

TricksterPriest
Major Snafu, you are acting like an idiot right now because no one claimed that Hayabusa can beat anyone.

Here's a list of characters Ryu Hayabusa would not stand that much of a chance against:

- Vegnagun

- Sephiroth

- Sin

- Most Final Fantasy X Aeons

- Kuja

- Xemnas

- Kratos

I felt I had to address this bullshit. So you think Sephiroth, Xemnas, Kratos and the FFX aeons can beat him but not God Rugal? utter garbage. God Rugal would smoke all of the ones I just named. As would Shin Gouki, Unsealed Oro, SFA3 Bison and several others. It seems to be me that you just don't want to admit when Hayabusa's completely outclassed. Plus, this talk of Kasumi&Ayane is moot. HE'S NOT GETTING PAST JOE MUSASHI OR HOTSUMA. Those two are leagues above Hayabusa.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I felt I had to address this bullshit. So you think Sephiroth, Xemnas, Kratos and the FFX aeons can beat him but not God Rugal? utter garbage. God Rugal would smoke all of the ones I just named. As would Shin Gouki, Unsealed Oro, SFA3 Bison and several others. It seems to be me that you just don't want to admit when Hayabusa's completely outclassed. Plus, this talk of Kasumi&Ayane is moot. HE'S NOT GETTING PAST JOE MUSASHI OR HOTSUMA. Those two are leagues above Hayabusa.

I disagree with the FFX Aeons being able to take out Ryu Hayabusa. Cloud wtfowned Bahamut. Ryu won't have much trouble with Aeons & Summons etc. Kratos...I haven't played that game, so I can't comment on how Ryu would fare against him.

About Joe Musashi & Hotsuma. List feats & accomplishments please.

Remulous
He may have a hard time with the SF and Sub Zero in hand to hand combat but he can get past'em though. He may go down at Hanzo or Scorpion, but if he can beat Hanzo and Scorpion he can clear it.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
- You apparently know next to nothing of what Sephiroth is capable of.

- You are clearly not aware of any of Xemnas's abilities and his immense power.

- Kratos becomes...a God, correct?

- Lol those would pretty much kill any mortal being...they have instant death moves...all sorts of magic...many status inflictions...and are manifestations of the faith.

- Umm...no.

- It's funny you're putting characters from SF and KOF against these opponents. They are nowhere close to their league.

- Umm...Ive just said Ryu's outclassed by these characters, and all you do is overhype SF and KOF characters and put them on the level of gods.

- You don't want to think Ryu or anyone from DOA would win against anyone from SF or KOF.

Cloud_VII
I'm not saying Ryu will clear this gauntlet without a doubt. I'm arguing that he has a pretty good chance. Just look at the gauntlet Team Ninja set for him on the first page. This is not even as difficult as the missions in Ninja Gaiden Black.

StyleTime
A weapon can have all the power in the world but if the wielder fails to use this power properly it is as useful as paper weight. True Fiend Hayabusa didn't show new techniques in his brief appearance. It still stands for debate if Kasumi with a weapon equal in power with Hayabusa's could take him. She hasn't shown the same degree of skill with her blade as Hayabusa has. Granted she doesn't have many showings, but we can't really work on IFs, I bet you know what I mean.

It's true that Ayane's blast was more devastating, but she did take a while summoning it. Not to mention the other instance we see Ayane performing a similar Nimpo it does take her a while as well(DOA2 end of fight with Kasumi as Ayane if you knock her down the cliff)

When will Ayane and Kasumi get feats? Probably when their game is relased sometime in the future, but even then I doubt their feats will top Ryu's because apparentely the game is set in the time when the sisters were younger.
True Kasumi has less showings, but when did Hayabusa actually demonstrate more skill with his sword? It's usually him getting a power upgrade or a better and owning. I still haven't seen him demonstrate more actual skill than Kasumi.

I'll concede to that.

Maybe it'll help. If they get some good feats AND are kids then Ryu is screwed lol.
Hands down Hayabusa is the most skilled and powerful of all the ninjas of Team Ninja, as well as having the best weapon. Kasumi nor Ayane are getting the Dragon Sword.

Now Evil Ryu is definitely and I say definitely better than normal Ryu. The reason is fiends are significantly stronger, more durable, and have more stamina than average human beings do.

Kasumi cannot perform the feats Ryu did without the Dragon Sword. One has to use a weapon that is effective enough against evil, and the Dragon Sword is specially made for that. If Ryu did not have the Dragon Sword, he would not have won against Incarnate, both versions of him. One being the Vigoor Emperor and the other being Murai. In-game, you can kill Doku with a pair of nunchuks, but we know one of the Greater Fiends can't be taken down that easily.

If this was Kasumi or Ayane versus Ryu one on one, chances are they would lose 65%. Putting them together against Hayabusa and they'll have a 50% or greater chance of winning, and that's of course if Kasumi isn't using her sword, and what the hell does Ayane have a kunai for? Doesn't Hayabusa have a number of those hanging on his legs? OMGLMFAO

Anyways, we don't know exactly what pair of characters Ryu could take exactly. In DOA, he was always fighting one person at a time...and Ryu could probably disable Ayane quickly due to her inability to teleport like he can, and it would be down to Kasumi and Hayabusa...if this is Evil Ryu, he could take any blow from Kasumi and his strength would overwhelm her. I will give her normal Ryu though.
Hayabusa isn't the most powerful or most skilled. It's just that his weapons are the most powerful. Just look at how Doku originally kicked his ass in Ninja Gaiden. Ryu goes and gets several upgrades and later beats Doku.

Again, Evil Ryu didn't show ANY power increases over Ryu. He isn't any stronger, he was just being corrupted.

I never said Kasumi could reproduce the feats of the Dragon Sword...without the Dragon Sword.

Do you mean a weaponless Ryu? Without weapons Kasumi or Ayane could take him.

Ayane can teleport as she has done it before. She just doesn't do it as often as the other ninja for some reason. Perhaps to further separate herself from the Tenjin-Mon. Again, how is Evil Ryu and better than Ryu?

Tha C-Master
- You apparently know next to nothing of what Sephiroth is capable of.

- You are clearly not aware of any of Xemnas's abilities and his immense power.

- Kratos becomes...a God, correct?

- Lol those would pretty much kill any mortal being...they have instant death moves...all sorts of magic...many status inflictions...and are manifestations of the faith.

- Umm...no.

- It's funny you're putting characters from SF and KOF against these opponents. They are nowhere close to their league.

- Umm...Ive just said Ryu's outclassed by these characters, and all you do is overhype SF and KOF characters and put them on the level of gods.

- You don't want to think Ryu or anyone from DOA would win against anyone from SF or KOF. If we want to play the title game. God Rugal and S. Gouki are gods of fighting...

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
If we want to play the title game. God Rugal and S. Gouki are gods of fighting...
God Rugal isn't canon nor is a fighting god equal to an Aeon, and that's the least powerful in that list.

Cloud_VII
True Kasumi has less showings, but when did Hayabusa actually demonstrate more skill with his sword? It's usually him getting a power upgrade or a better and owning. I still haven't seen him demonstrate more actual skill than Kasumi.

I'll concede to that.

Maybe it'll help. If they get some good feats AND are kids then Ryu is screwed lol.

Hayabusa isn't the most powerful or most skilled. It's just that his weapons are the most powerful. Just look at how Doku originally kicked his ass in Ninja Gaiden. Ryu goes and gets several upgrades and later beats Doku.

Again, Evil Ryu didn't show ANY power increases over Ryu. He isn't any stronger, he was just being corrupted.

I never said Kasumi could reproduce the feats of the Dragon Sword...without the Dragon Sword.

Ayane can teleport as she has done it before. She just doesn't do it as often as the other ninja for some reason. Perhaps to further separate herself from the Tenjin-Mon. Again, how is Evil Ryu and better than Ryu?
Ryu is the most powerful because he has done the greatest feat of all in DOA.

Doku had the Dark Dragon Blade in the beginning. Later on, he had his Kitetsu. That's why.

Do not argue with fact. Fiends are immensely more powerful than human beings and better in every way. He does not have to show it because it's true.

Good because in a battle with swords she won't win.

Yes I agree they can but I'm still thinking Ryu will win.

She has never shown to do it I believe.

I explained that already.

Superboy Prime

I'll concede to that.

How do you gauge skills comparisons then? Kasumi has been seen blocking shuriken while Hayabusa has deflected firepower from a heavy turret equipped on a helicopter; deflected firepower from tanks, etc. Kasumi has fought with her blade against an unarmed opponent while Hayabusa fights against opponents with powerful weapons(Doku's case) and armored to the teeth. He has shown himself to be above her in both instances. You can't really claim Kasumi could be on his level simply because of her showing against Alpha 152.

If chibi Ayane & Kasumi are given greater feats than Ryu Hayabusa I'll say the DOA God has been smoking too much. Besides there's a new Ninja Gaiden scheduled for relase on the 360; who knows what Ryu will be doing there.

On a personal note I don't think Ryu Hayabusa is considered a modern super ninja for nothing.

By the way in the 2nd fight between Doku and Ryu he had no upgrades whatsoever. They fought and Ryu beat him fair and square. The thing is this time Ryu was out for blood and vengence. Only canon upgrade I'd consider Ryu had was when he wielded the True Dragon Sword, and even without it he took Doku down. Besides when Ryu died at the hands of Doku, Doku was wielding a more powerful weapon. That advantage didn't even help him the 2nd time they encountered each other.

I agree Fiend Ryu didn't show anything above normal hayabusa. It was hinted he could have been more powerful, but no actual showings.

When has Ayane teleported? I can't remember for the life of me.

Superboy Prime
Shit. Forgot it was the kitetsu what Doku wielded during their 2nd matchup. Still that makes Doku look lame and does speak about the Dark Dragon Blade's power given how he easily handled Ryu in their first encounter and how he consistently got owned afterwards. I wonder just how powerful Murai was when he fought Ryu at the end of the game...the blade was growing more powerful as you progressed through the game and in the hands of someone as skilled as Murai...meh who cares.

PS - I like the kitetsu. So much potential.

StyleTime
Ryu is the most powerful because he has done the greatest feat of all in DOA.

Doku had the Dark Dragon Blade in the beginning. Later on, he had his Kitetsu. That's why.

Do not argue with fact. Fiends are immensely more powerful than human beings and better in every way. He does not have to show it because it's true.

Good because in a battle with swords she won't win.

Yet he lost to Hayate.

Ryu was still upgraded.

Hayabusa is already superhuman. If he doesn't do anything above what he can already do in his fiend form, then he didn't get upgraded. You are the one arguing with fact here.

Don't see why not.
How do you gauge skills comparisons then? Kasumi has been seen blocking shuriken while Hayabusa has deflected firepower from a heavy turret equipped on a helicopter; deflected firepower from tanks, etc. Kasumi has fought with her blade against an unarmed opponent while Hayabusa fights against opponents with powerful weapons(Doku's case) and armored to the teeth. He has shown himself to be above her in both instances. You can't really claim Kasumi could be on his level simply because of her showing against Alpha 152.

If chibi Ayane & Kasumi are given greater feats than Ryu Hayabusa I'll say the DOA God has been smoking too much. Besides there's a new Ninja Gaiden scheduled for relase on the 360; who knows what Ryu will be doing there.

On a personal note I don't think Ryu Hayabusa is considered a modern super ninja for nothing.

By the way in the 2nd fight between Doku and Ryu he had no upgrades whatsoever. They fought and Ryu beat him fair and square. The thing is this time Ryu was out for blood and vengence. Only canon upgrade I'd consider Ryu had was when he wielded the True Dragon Sword, and even without it he took Doku down. Besides when Ryu died at the hands of Doku, Doku was wielding a more powerful weapon. That advantage didn't even help him the 2nd time they encountered each other.

When has Ayane teleported? I can't remember for the life of me.
Yes he blocked bullets. He has great reflexes. Still he beats all his opponents through use of better weapons or other upgraded abilities. Kasumi, on the other hand, can take on guys like Raidou despite him having stuff like the Torn Sky Blast with only a dagger. I'm not saying Kasumi beats Ryu with the True Dragon Sword or anything, but Ryu isn't more skilled. He just has godly weapons.

Well, there is a reason DOATEC wants to clones Kasumi so badly.

I think that was moved to PS3. It's supposed to be a "complete" version of the orginal Ninja Gaiden for X-Box. We could be talking about two different things though.

Ryu did have upgrades. Unless you don't think his ninpo/fiftyweapons/potions/etc helped.

She does on DOA4 on cars. In DOA2/3 with Hayabusa or Ein as tag partners. Not sure why she does so little, but she can.

The kitetsu was my favorite sword. Armlet of Tranquility + Kitetsu= Good time

Superboy Prime

Yes he blocked bullets. He has great reflexes. Still he beats all his opponents through use of better weapons or other upgraded abilities. Kasumi, on the other hand, can take on guys like Raidou despite him having stuff like the Torn Sky Blast with only a dagger. I'm not saying Kasumi beats Ryu with the True Dragon Sword or anything, but Ryu isn't more skilled. He just has godly weapons.

Well, there is a reason DOATEC wants to clones Kasumi so badly.

I think that was moved to PS3. It's supposed to be a "complete" version of the orginal Ninja Gaiden for X-Box. We could be talking about two different things though.

Ryu did have upgrades. Unless you don't think his ninpo/fiftyweapons/potions/etc helped.

She does on DOA4 on cars. In DOA2/3 with Hayabusa or Ein as tag partners. Not sure why she does so little, but she can.

The kitetsu was my favorite sword. Armlet of Tranquility + Kitetsu= Good time

He does have feats to back up his skills. What I'm trying to point is that unlike Hayabusa, Kasumi has little showings to actually back the claim she is as skilled with weapons as he is. I do agree all the Ninjas are pretty much dead even when it comes to hand to hand fighting, but clearly Hayabusa has been seen a league or 2 above the rest of them.

It is quite possible, and logical, Doatec doesn't even know about Ryu Hayabusa. His clan was already destroyed prior to the events of the first DOA. Also Kasumi made a name for herself when she defeated Raidou, and in all likelyhood that's probably the reason they decided to clone her. Don't forget they tried the super human experiment with Hayate, and it failed. They decided to experiment with Kasumi afterwards. I do think DOATEC as of DOA2 had little knowledge about Ryu.

No. Ninja Gaiden 2 is still scheduled for relase on the X360. What the PS3 is getting a "complete" version of Ninja Gaiden. It will have more story, bosses, challenges and of course upgraded Graphics.

Whether Ryu beat opponents with upgraded weapons, Nimpo or 50 healing items is irrelevant. You can beat the game without using any other weapon besides the Dragon Sword, Nimpo and even healing items. It doesn't force Ryu, nor the player, to use every single gadget available to him.

Thanks for clearing the teleporting issue with Ayane. I had forgoetten about the car stuff. I haven't played DOA4 in a while.

StyleTime
He does have feats to back up his skills. What I'm trying to point is that unlike Hayabusa, Kasumi has little showings to actually back the claim she is as skilled with weapons as he is. I do agree all the Ninjas are pretty much dead even when it comes to hand to hand fighting, but clearly Hayabusa has been seen a league or 2 above the rest of them.

It is quite possible, and logical, Doatec doesn't even know about Ryu Hayabusa. His clan was already destroyed prior to the events of the first DOA. Also Kasumi made a name for herself when she defeated Raidou, and in all likelyhood that's probably the reason they decided to clone her. Don't forget they tried the super human experiment with Hayate, and it failed. They decided to experiment with Kasumi afterwards. I do think DOATEC as of DOA2 had little knowledge about Ryu.

Whether Ryu beat opponents with upgraded weapons, Nimpo or 50 healing items is irrelevant. You can beat the game without using any other weapon besides the Dragon Sword, Nimpo and even healing items. It doesn't force Ryu, nor the player, to use every single gadget available to him.

I fully agree with your stance on showings. However, it's BECAUSE I feel that way that I believe Hayabusa isn't more skilled. Just bare with me for a second. If we really look at what Hayabusa has done, we'll find that he was NEVER in a position where he used a vastly inferior weapon to defeat an opponent with a superior weapon. On the other hand, we have Kasumi, who is at a tragic disadvantage against Raidou, overcome him through skill. When Ryu was presented with the same situation(Doku 1st encounter), he just got beat. Maybe I've forgotten something as I haven't played Ninja Gaiden in a good while. If I have, feel free to correct me. I know it's stretching a feat a bit for Kasumi, but can you honestly think of a situation where Hayabusa was at the same disadvantage and won through sheer skill? I'm not saying Hayabusa is necessarily less skilled than Kasumi, but I don't think he is more skilled either. That's all I'm trying to get across.

Heh. I didn't actually mean to spark a debate on DOATEC. It was just kneejerk response to you saying Ryu was the modern super ninja and all.

Yes, you can also beat Alpha-152 by repeating the same punch combo from Kasumi. Canonically, that wouldn't happen just like Hayabusa canonically has access to his ninpo etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.