nightmare vs. nelo angelo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

beta ray bob
nightmare from sc3 vs. nelo angelo from devil may cry

discuss!!

Darkstorm Zero
Thats better, a really cool matchup. what are the rules, limitations, location and shite like that, and what form of Angelo are we using, 1st, 2nd or 3rd apperance? (he gets different moves each time.)

TricksterPriest
This is way closer than most people would think. As Darkstorm said, it depends on where and which version. Btw, it's actually Nero Angelo, not Nelo. Nelo was a mistranslation, due to the japanese inability use L sounds. Someone assumed the R was a stand-in for an L, when Nero is the only thing that makes sense. Nelo doesn't mean anything. Whereas Nero means black. As in, the black knight, or as Nero's name translates: Black Angel.

I'm favoring Nero Angelo in this fight simply because he's alot faster and he's got the mobility advantage. Also, we're not using Night Terror, are we? Because that's an unfair match for any version of Nero.

id369
Nero Angelo. He is way to fast for the likes of Nightmare.

lightness
wud nero be able to move like dmc3 vergil if capcom made a remake or use him again?

MadMel
NO IF!!...is, or is not. there is no IF..
go by what we have, we do, hmm..

Cloud_VII
Nightmare because he has better lighting stick out tongue

beta ray bob
here are the rules: this is DMC3 nero angelo and they are in the bloddy palace (as shown in dmc3)

(by the way nero angelo is ITALIAN for "no angel"wink

lightness
i guess nero can teleport better and summon phantom blades, as well as toss around dark meteors.

beta ray bob
yes but lets not forget nightmare

Darkstorm Zero
The DMC3 SE take on Angelo?

Hmm, that makes it a little hard for me, since I know the 3rd apperance of Angelo in DMC 1 actually had more moves, a better teleport and black energy projectile 9The Phantom Blades don't really do much damage, even when used as a special...)

IMO, it depends really, Nero is fast on his regular slashes, but his real winner, Nero's take on the Stinger, is really very slow... His telepo rt dash may save him a bit of greif, but I wonder how many hit's he can take from Soul Edge...

Also, isn't his DMC3 incarnation limited by the amount of DT Vergil has left?

beta ray bob
not if you've unlocked super corrupt vergil

Darkstorm Zero
AND let me guess... Vergil is now Super Vergil? I didn't see that in the OP... but if thats the case, isn't that favouring one side by giving him an unfair advantage?

beta ray bob
no, the devil trigger version of super corrupt vergil is nero angelo, i am merely stating that nero will not turn into vergil

Darkstorm Zero
it still gives him DT properties.

beta ray bob
thus is the nature of nero angelo

Darkstorm Zero
Not in DMC 1... the dude could be toppled by a single attack. with DT properties or when playing Dante Must Die mode (Where enemies can activate DT anyways) Nero was a walking steel girder most of the time, you couldn't budge the bastard...

like a stubborn Zit.

beta ray bob
READ THE BEGINNING I SAID DMC3 ANGELO

Darkstorm Zero
I was doing a comparison bitween the two to show you what I meant... fighting Nero with unlimited DT in DMC3 is like fighting Nero in DMC1 first apperance under DMD rules... it's a little one sided don't you think?

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by beta ray bob
READ THE BEGINNING I SAID DMC3 ANGELO
Lol...

IceJaw
Originally posted by beta ray bob
by the way nero angelo is ITALIAN for "no angel"
So?

Guess what language is more related to Latin? Spanish. Put a 'G' in 'Nero' and you have 'Negro' which means 'black'.

Not too sure who'd win though.

Darkstorm Zero
Bah! for get it then... I try to make a good debate and get it thrown back at me...

beta ray bob
"bah" i love that word

Cloud_VII
I think Nightmare is more powerful than Nero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.