Top Street Guys v Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
Midnighter, Deathstroke, and Deadpool

v

The Avenging Son

It's in a deserted city at night, no substantial bodies of water anywhere around. Namor's been in the city for 2 hours. No prep for either side. Namor starts on a street. The street guys start together on the first floor of a deserted building on the same street and can see Namor.

All standard equipment.

Is the environmental advantage enough to get the street guys a win?

DarkCrawler
What are they going to do to hurt him?

Namor will just bring the building down on them if he doesn't want to waste time.
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/9251/building8vo.gif

Although, is CIS on? Namor holds back against streetlevels, so they might use that to their advantage.

If it is just h2h hand battle with both sides going all-out, Namor would make paste out of them eventually.

Dreampanther
Deadpool complicates things

Mainstream
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Deadpool complicates things

Deathstoke does too.

DarkCrawler
Deadpool maybe, because he is so damned hard to kill...but Deathstroke? What is he going to do? No prep.

Dreampanther
Say, DarkCrawler - what would it take to take Namor out? Would a hand grenade knock him unconscious, or at least off-balance? Would a sword pierce his skin?

Do these guys have what it takes to take Namor out, is what I'm asking, if they get a lucky shot in? Because with Deadpool being so hard to kill and Deathstroke having decent tactics, I assume, plus both of them being very adaptable - I would suppose they might be able to get at least one strike in. (I don't anything about Midnighter.)

What I want to know, is would that one strike be enough to take Namor out, or would it take something more than they have? I remember, from the long ago that I read Namor, that he's pretty invulnerable - exactly how invulnerable is he?

Newjak
Deathstroke has a good healing facter as well. His weapons have done alot fo damage before. His sword has cut Hawkman before so it should be able to cut Namor. His Staff has blown apart helicopters before without problems so could hurt Namor.

Midnighter has thrown down breifly with Apollo a Superman rip-off for a little while in more ways then one shifty

Deathstroke has gone against people better stat wise then Namor.

Deadpool well he just won't die.

Anyways can they win yeah they can win

Two of them pretty much can react and calucalte entire fight scenerios in their heads in a second and the otehr is just. I think DS has weapons that can hurt Namor and Midnighter can distrasct him as well.

leonidas
if one got in a killing type stroke, it WOULD affect namor enough imo that the others could finish him off. but can they work together to get close enough to polish him off is the question.

he doesn't KNOW they are in the building unless he has proven somewhere to have super-senses. isn't part of pool's standard equipment a bow and arrow, or am i thinking of someone else.

of all the characters that complicate things, i think nighter may complicate them the most . . .

Dreampanther
If Namor CAN be hurt, which I at first thought unlikely, since he's stood toe-to-toe with Hulk, as far as I remember, then this is a different ball-game. Namor is very arrogant, precisely because he is so powerful, and against opponents as unpredictable, ruthless and tenacious as these (again, I am not really speaking for Midnighter, I don't really know him) he might be in REAL trouble.

Unlike Hulk, who just wants to smash you and isn't really out to kill you - these two will not hesitate in taking a killing shot. Unlike the Fantastic Four, they will not merely try to subue him.

Their weakness is the fact that they are all loners, never mind the fact that Deadpool is as mad as a hatter.

DarkCrawler
Namor actually has super senses. He could hear vibrations from bottom of the ocean while he was flying above it, he could see a swastika from half a mile away from German submarine, could register no life signs from a human. His ears "automatically collected and sorted" sounds in one issue, and most recently in Civil War #6 he could feel Sue's heartbeat through water...

Anyway, if Namor is going all out, I don't see these guys having any way stopping him.

Say, DarkCrawler - what would it take to take Namor out? Would a hand grenade knock him unconscious, or at least off-balance? Would a sword pierce his skin?

Do these guys have what it takes to take Namor out, is what I'm asking, if they get a lucky shot in? Because with Deadpool being so hard to kill and Deathstroke having decent tactics, I assume, plus both of them being very adaptable - I would suppose they might be able to get at least one strike in. (I don't anything about Midnighter.)

What I want to know, is would that one strike be enough to take Namor out, or would it take something more than they have? I remember, from the long ago that I read Namor, that he's pretty invulnerable - exactly how invulnerable is he?

Sword, hell no.

Grenade, not a chance, germans learned that in WWII.

I guess the blasts from Deathstroke's power-staff would hurt him a bit, but not take him out.

DarkCrawler
If Namor CAN be hurt, which I at first thought unlikely, since he's stood toe-to-toe with Hulk, as far as I remember, then this is a different ball-game. Namor is very arrogant, precisely because he is so powerful, and against opponents as unpredictable, ruthless and tenacious as these (again, I am not really speaking for Midnighter, I don't really know him) he might be in REAL trouble.

Unlike Hulk, who just wants to smash you and isn't really out to kill you - these two will not hesitate in taking a killing shot. Unlike the Fantastic Four, they will not merely try to subue him.

Their weakness is the fact that they are all loners, never mind the fact that Deadpool is as mad as a hatter.

Namor is supreme ruler of entire army and veteran of dozens of wars. Every enemy of his has tried to kill him hundreds of times. He's killed hundreds himself. Namor is no newcomer when it comes to fighting to death...he certainly would not have any problems killing any of the three if it came to it.
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/567/ketfinal72ye.gif

invisiblewoman
just curious is this bloodlust or does a KO count

Soljer
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Namor actually has super senses. He could hear vibrations from bottom of the ocean while he was flying above it, he could see a swastika from half a mile away from German submarine, could register no life signs from a human. His ears "automatically collected and sorted" sounds in one issue, and most recently in Civil War #6 he could feel Sue's heartbeat through water...

Anyway, if Namor is going all out, I don't see these guys having any way stopping him.

Sword, hell no.

Grenade, not a chance, germans learned that in WWII.

I guess the blasts from Deathstroke's power-staff would hurt him a bit, but not take him out.

Deathstroke Meta-grenades != WWII grenades....

Soleran
Ok I hate to be the guy that brings this to the table but Wolverine's claws have hurt Namor before and Wolverine was solo.

I think the 3 have a strong possiblity to take out Namor mostly because of Namor's ego though.

Kaos sebaceous
i think namor wins.............they cant hurt him

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Soleran
Ok I hate to be the guy that brings this to the table but Wolverine's claws have hurt Namor before and Wolverine was solo.

I think the 3 have a strong possiblity to take out Namor mostly because of Namor's ego though.

Wolverine's claws hurt everyone. Getting hurt by Wolverine's claws hardly mean that your durability is bad.

None of these guys have weapons equal to super-sharp adamantium claws.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Soljer
Deathstroke Meta-grenades != WWII grenades....

Getting hit by all-out shot by Mjolnir that vaporizes the ground under you and surviving it fine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything Deathstroke can dish out. wink

Newjak
Wolverine's claws hurt everyone. Getting hurt by Wolverine's claws hardly mean that your durability is bad.

None of these guys have weapons equal to super-sharp adamantium claws. Isn't DS's sword made of Promethum which is spposed to be DC adamantium isn't it.

Anyways his sword has cut Hawkman before I think it could hurt Namor.

Soleran

None of these guys have weapons equal to super-sharp adamantium claws.

I realize that yet it doesn't take away the validaty of the statement.

Sharp things can cut Namor, Wolverine has "beaten" him solo, the three guys have a good possibility to bring some pain to Namor mostly due to Namor's ego and not his physical stats.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Newjak
Isn't DS's sword made of Promethum which is spposed to be DC adamantium isn't it.

Anyways his sword has cut Hawkman before I think it could hurt Namor.

...Namor is like thousand times more durable then Hawkman.

Originally posted by Soleran
I realize that yet it doesn't take away the validaty of the statement.

Sharp things can cut Namor, Wolverine has "beaten" him solo, the three guys have a good possibility to bring some pain to Namor mostly due to Namor's ego and not his physical stats.

It does take away the validity of the statement. Wolverine cuts EVERYONE. His claws are not a durability measure stick.

Namor is more durable then titanium. Those guys are going to need to have verrrry sharp swords to do anything else then minor wounds. And Namor doesn't care about BIG-ASS wounds (like sword through his stomach).

And if Namor fights against them like he fights against Daredevil, Cap, Spider-Man or Wolverine, he obviously loses. It has been constantly stated that he holds back against those weaker then he is.

If he fights against them all out...they are goners.

Soleran

Deathstroke carries a promethium sword and staff (dc's adamantium) and is physically much more powerful then Wolverine. I don't see a problem with Deathstroke cutting Namor and if he works in unison with the other two folks they can most certainly get a KO on Namor. It may not be probable but it is possible and therefore it's a possible solution for the teams victory.

Which it's also good to note that Deathstroke has hung with WW and put moves on her as well and Midnighter on Apollo so this team has the capability to pull wins.

Alfheim
Ermm cap cant beat Namor but he can put up a good fight. Midnighter is arguably better than Cap and Midnighter is not alone.

leonidas
that's sorta what i was thinking. and yes, ds's sword COULD cut namor.

Soljer
Promethium = Adamantium > Namor.

Apparently.

erm.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.