Who else

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Epik
I often wonder if any other actor could have fit the role of Jack Sparrow. Does anyone have any thoughts?

willofthewisp
No, definitely not. That's the mark of great acting. You can't imagine someone else in that part.

Now, if I had just read the script and I was a casting director, I probably would have made the mistake of casting the likes of Richard Gere, where Jack Sparrow would be more of a Robin Hood-type than the uniquely awesome character Johnny made him. Not that he fits the part, but I would have considered Jack Nicholson. He brings coolness to everything he does and he is a pirate in some sense of the word.

lovethemtigers
No one else..sorry..and we've had this discussion before...but if you are new you wouldn't know that...it was back in August and September....we had a thread where we would name who else could play all the characters other than the ones that were cast....and it was always pretty much unanimous...no one but Johnny Depp could portray the jack sparrow that we know and love and that's because Johnny made the part his own....

willofthewisp
I really do think it will be one of the performances that goes down in history, whether it wins an award or not. Taking the script and breathing life into it, and turning words on a page into a fully developed, completely human and flawed creature is so hard to do, and so rarely is it done perfectly.

sailorleo
im gonna stick with what i said back then....Carey Elwes...i love him, he's awsome...he'd make a great pirate....

RoguePw25
Originally posted by Epik
I often wonder if any other actor could have fit the role of Jack Sparrow. Does anyone have any thoughts?

I don't think so. The role just seems it fit him perfectly.

Chiki Mina
Dang, Rogue! Long time no see!

No actor can do better playing Jack Sparrow than Johnny. I'm not just saying it because I'm a fan of Johnny's.

Claudia_Black
I don't know...Johnny is perfect for the role and i just can't imagine someone else playing Jack.

er...off topic, I'm new here, sorry if my english suckz...i'm mexican

Chiki Mina
Hi claudia big grin

Welcome aboard!

Your english is fine! I'm Puerto Rican by the way smile

Claudia_Black
Originally posted by Claudia_Black
I don't know...Johnny is perfect for the role and i just can't imagine someone else playing Jack.

er...off topic, I'm new here, sorry if my english suckz...i'm mexican
Cool, latin power! xD

PirateDiva
Que ViVa Las Latinas!!!! big grin big grin big grin Sorry Dont Know what Came Over Me.. LMAO!!

NOPE no one can play this role other than JOHNNY cause u know why?....It was Johnny's Creation!!! big grin

willofthewisp
Okay, but if you had just been handed the script, and based off the script alone, would anyone have thought of Johnny Depp right off the bat? I knew who he was for a long time, but I didn't really become a huge fan of the Johnny until Sleepy Hollow, which he was phenomenal in. But he does not look the pirate in it, and I just don't know if I was casting if he would have crossed my mind. Now if I saw him audition, of course he'd win the role hands down, but would you have thought of him on the spot?

Chiki Mina
A lot of girls loved johnny in sleepy hollow or pirates.

I loved him from the start when he was just rising. I was 5. But not his looks, actually.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.