Japan marine park captures rare shark on film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16785254/?GT1=8921

Quiero Mota
Cool. But the thing is ugly as ****!

~Forever*Alone~
yeah

Council#13
When I heard that it died in captivity, I was like, "Not a smart move, guys. Not a smart move at all."

Well, at least we now know of another animal that's not extinct that we thought was. That thing's ugly as heck, though. hmm And it moves in such a strange way...

Yuna_And_Tidus
It's gay as hell that they took that thing out of it's natural habitat but I say it's an eel species, not a shark.

Rogue Jedi
man, i am a huge shark fan. to capture them and confine them to marine parks is just cruel.

Council#13
Originally posted by Yuna_And_Tidus
It's gay as hell that they took that thing out of it's natural habitat but I say it's an eel species, not a shark.

Wasn't it forced out of its deep-sea home by a warm water current, which is how they found it? Then it was removed.

Rogue Jedi
all these idiots who go diving and/or surfing, when they are attacked by a shark, are like "why'd the shark attack me? i wasnt bothering it."

you were in the sharks backyard, brainiac. of course its gonna attack. not all the time, but if it happens, dont be surprised, dummy.

Soleran
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
all these idiots who go diving and/or surfing, when they are attacked by a shark, are like "why'd the shark attack me? i wasnt bothering it."

you were in the sharks backyard, brainiac. of course its gonna attack. not all the time, but if it happens, dont be surprised, dummy.

? ? ?

Rogue Jedi
i am defending sharks, saying it is wrong to capture them for our own selfish gain. i am also saying that when someone is attacked by a shark, i have no sympathy for them.

WrathfulDwarf
If I was a scuba diver and that shark was coming at me...I would freeze in panic.

Zombies, Killing plants, Feminazis aren't as scary as sharks under water.

Rogue Jedi
exactly. if a shark attacks you, you are toast.

docb77
It's global warming I tell ya. The shark was confused by the warming waters...

hysterical

Rogue Jedi
still, why capture him? catch and release him into open waters, i say.

BackFire
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
If I was a scuba diver and that shark was coming at me...I would freeze in panic.

Zombies, Killing plants, Feminazis aren't as scary as sharks under water.

Feminazis? I dunno, they're pretty scary.

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by Council#13
Wasn't it forced out of its deep-sea home by a warm water current, which is how they found it? Then it was removed.
I don't know, either way, they could've done something different.
exactly. if a shark attacks you, you are toast.
Not necessarily. Most sharks that attack you think you're a seal or some other type of prey, and after they take the first bite and realise you're not what they thought you were, they let go. It's not that way ALL the time, but most of the time it is. Most shark attacks are not fatal.

FeceMan
That shark looked like a shark zombie, so I think it wins out against feminazis.

Rogue Jedi

Not necessarily. Most sharks that attack you think you're a seal or some other type of prey, and after they take the first bite and realise you're not what they thought you were, they let go. It's not that way ALL the time, but most of the time it is. Most shark attacks are not fatal.
i meant to say that if a shark attacks you with intent to kill. sorry.

Council#13
i am defending sharks, saying it is wrong to capture them for our own selfish gain. i am also saying that when someone is attacked by a shark, i have no sympathy for them.

You can blame people for killing or capturing sharks, but you can't blame a person for being attacked by a shark. erm What're they supposed to do, be less meaty when they enter the water?

Poked it back down to the depths. laughing out loud

Anyway, I say we build metal fences around the natural habitats of animals! woot We're not taking them out of their natural habitats, but we sure as hell make sure they don't escape! eek!

But seriously, anyone who goes scubba diving should know the risks that they take, especially if it's in shark infested waters. There should be certain areas where the sharks are protected and people shouldn't go. Of course, the sharks move away, so anyone who ends up being bitten by a shark most likely wouldn't have been bothering the shark or been invading it's personal space. I forget what I'm trying to say here.

Fire
Was cool to see that something like that is still alive, altho seeing as it died, it might be extinct now.

Council#13
Originally posted by Fire
Was cool to see something like that still lives, altho seeing as it died, it might be extinct

I hope that's not the case. sad

Wouldn't it be awesome if we found out that the Dodo wasn't really extinct? eek! Or a dinosaur! eek! Any dinosaur! Hopefully not a 30-ton carnivore that would take 18 rounds from a helicopter to take down, though. hmm

DragonWoman
I hope that's not the case. sad

Wouldn't it be awesome if we found out that the Dodo wasn't really extinct? eek! Or a dinosaur! eek! Any dinosaur! Hopefully not a 30-ton carnivore that would take 18 rounds from a helicopter to take down, though. hmm

Wishfull thinking on the dodo part but if you wanna see another living dinosaur check out the crocodiles and alagators next time you go to the zoo.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by DragonWoman
Wishfull thinking on the dodo part but if you wanna see another living dinosaur check out the crocodiles and alagators next time you go to the zoo.

Or the Tuatara.

Council#13
Originally posted by DragonWoman

They're not quite real dinosaurs.

Rogue Jedi
You can blame people for killing or capturing sharks, but you can't blame a person for being attacked by a shark. erm What're they supposed to do, be less meaty when they enter the water?

Poked it back down to the depths. laughing out loud

Anyway, I say we build metal fences around the natural habitats of animals! woot We're not taking them out of their natural habitats, but we sure as hell make sure they don't escape! eek!

But seriously, anyone who goes scubba diving should know the risks that they take, especially if it's in shark infested waters. There should be certain areas where the sharks are protected and people shouldn't go. Of course, the sharks move away, so anyone who ends up being bitten by a shark most likely wouldn't have been bothering the shark or been invading it's personal space. I forget what I'm trying to say here.

good post. big grin

Council#13
good post. big grin

Always glad to have spent 5 minutes of my life making you smile. big grin

Rogue Jedi
so you agree that when someone is attacked, they should have saw it as a possibility? not a high one, but one nonetheless?

Council#13
so you agree that when someone is attacked, they should have saw it as a possibility? not a high one, but one nonetheless?

I agree that they should be prepared for a shark attack, but I believe that they should be pitied if they are attacked. The sharks also need our sympathy. Who the hell wants to bite some rancid piece of meat wrapped in rubber?

Rogue Jedi
have you heard about these fishermen who catch sharks, cut off their fins, then throw the sharks back into the water?

Council#13
have you heard about these fishermen who catch sharks, cut off their fins, then throw the sharks back into the water?

Yeah, it's for sharksfin soup. Chinese delicacy. I saw if the shark gets its fin cut off, just keep the body. Donate it's skeleton to science. I think that the hunting of sharks for fins is becoming more rare, since the government is trying to keep the environmentalists quiet. hmm

Rogue Jedi
they were throwing them back into the ocean, man. how cruel is that? you do know what happens to a shark if it does not remain in motion, dont you?

Council#13
they were throwing them back into the ocean, man. how cruel is that? you do know what happens to a shark if it does not remain in motion, dont you?

Yeah, it sinks and dies. sad

I like Mako sharks! eek!

Rogue Jedi
bull sharks are cool, they go in fresh water.

Council#13

Some Great-Hammerheads can go into 3 feet deep water! shock The shallows are no longer safe! firefirefireph

Soleran

They can go fairly far up the Mississippi river, plus they are super aggressive and territorial. They like to take bites out of folks in the water.

Rogue Jedi
they are pretty much swimming trash compactors. they eat anything.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.