companions of the Hall vs the ninja turtles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

capt it up
The companions of the hall are

Drizzt

Bruenor

Wulfgar

Catt. Bruenors daughter

vs

Miky

Don

Raph

Leo

who wins?

srankmissingnin
Wulfgar + Cantibre could take the turtles, so long as she has her former magic sword that Drizzt lost.

capt it up
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wulfgar + Cantibre could take the turtles, so long as she has her former magic sword that Drizzt lost.
you think they fair better then bruenor and drizzt would?"

MightyEInherjar
Bruenor is the weak link on the team, regardless of how much of a badass he is. He has lots of heart, and will probably gravely wound one of the turtles (or kill for that matter), but he relies a lot on being able to take hits. Not being used to the skill level of the Turtles, he leaves himself open for an attack that'd put him down unexpectedly.

Regardless, I take the Companions of the Hall at least 8-9/10

Dreampanther
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Bruenor is the weak link on the team, regardless of how much of a badass he is. He has lots of heart, and will probably gravely wound one of the turtles (or kill for that matter), but he relies a lot on being able to take hits. Not being used to the skill level of the Turtles, he leaves himself open for an attack that'd put him down unexpectedly.

Regardless, I take the Companions of the Hall at least 8-9/10

Agreed. Bruenor is great in mauls, thanks to his armour, but I think he will be too slow for the turtles, although he could probably do something like take a turtle out by impaling himself on a sword (and perhaps even surviving).

Drizzt I would probably back against even two turtles (although maybe not, Entreri kept him quite occupied).

But yeah, I think even leaving Bruenor out (and maybe substituting with Gwuen! - although that will probably be overkill stick out tongue ) the Companions would be able to take it.

Drizzt is very, very scary...

Tassadar
Companions take it 8/10.

capt it up

Dreampanther
Originally posted by capt it up
Bruenor the weak link? Are you out of your mind? He been said by the author that he really nto sure if Drizzt would defeat Bruenor.

You people realy underestimate Bruenor. If any thing the week link would be Wulfgar and Catt. Both of which would get beat down by Bruenor with little to no effort.

Drizzt= Bruenor just different styles and abilities

Yeah, I know, you and I disagree about Bruenor. stick out tongue

I think he's a great king, a mighty warrior and an excellent leader, but I'd rather back Pent against the Turtles than Bruenor. Pent wouldn't even need any help! big grin

I know you will disagree - I still say Bruenor wouldn't stand a chance against Drizzt - but that's just my opinion!

capt it up
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Yeah, I know, you and I disagree about Bruenor. stick out tongue

I think he's a great king, a mighty warrior and an excellent leader, but I'd rather back Pent against the Turtles than Bruenor. Pent wouldn't even need any help! big grin

I know you will disagree - I still say Bruenor wouldn't stand a chance against Drizzt - but that's just my opinion!

yes and your opnion is not reflexed by the author.

pent good, but bruenor or drizzt would defeat him. Hell bruenor and Drizzt both stated that Wulfgar woudl defeat Pwent.

Also both Bruenor and Drizzt have defeat Wulfgar with little to no effort.

You like many other really underestimate Bruenor and the whole conspet of his character.

He lead's by demenstration. He leads, becuase he is the best and that why they call him a dwarfs dwarf. He not just king, by blood he king by skill and deed that is why he so beloved.

capt it up
also there really no reason for why you think Bruenor would stand no chance vs Drizzt. The author is a agree's and there feats disagree

Dreampanther
Originally posted by capt it up
also there really no reason for why you think Bruenor would stand no chance vs Drizzt. The author is a agree's and there feats disagree

Yah, I know, and I am not disagreeing with either you or the author - I m just saying in my opinion, my personal opinion, Drizzt, if it came to a real battle to the death between him and B, would kill B.

I am not expecting anybody to agree with me - it is a personal conclusion I came to based on the fact that I think Drizzt is faster, more agile and more adaptable in battle - and that I believe he will be able to find weak spots in B's defence and armour, long before B will be able to land a blow on him.

I certainly don't expect to convince you - I have decided that I am going to try and respect people's opinions, as long as they respect mine - and as long as they aren't idiots! roll eyes (sarcastic)

For me, in accordance with my world view, D has all the advantages. He is taller, therefore has better reach, he is used to fighting alone, while B is usually in the middle of a group (and yes, I know he has solo'ed missions - I just think Drizzt actually does better at solo missions). D is also faster, more agile - and he is probably the best sword-fighter in the realm.

Bruenor, (again, in my personal view) would be too weighed down by his armour - the armour will slow him down and tire him out, and Drizzt will exploit the tiniest hole. B won't be able to hit D, in my opinion, as D is too fast.

The only way B wil win, IMO, is if they put the two of them in a cage, with no spave to dodge and roll, and even then I would suggest making it an unarmed battle, because D will be very quick to slash an artery or seomething eevn more fatal.

But like I said, I am not gonne argue with you - if you and the athor wanna believe that B stands a chance of defeating D - you're welcome!
beer

srankmissingnin
Honestly Cap, you have Bruenor way to much credit. Let me put it this way, Drizzt = Daredevil, Brenor = Punisher... on a lower scall of course. wink

MightyEInherjar

Dreampanther
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
I used to sit down with Bob Salvatore for lunch every time he comes into town. The Drizzt series are easily on the top and top of my favorite books, so I've kept in touch with the author, and gone to lots of his little sessions he does when he goes on book tours, and of course topics like this come up all the time.

If you were to have Drizzt and Bruenor fight off in a match like this, Drizzt comes up the victor 10/10. Bruenor has mentioned that Drizzt's hands move too fast for him to track, and that Drizzt's combat skill is beyond his comprehension (Around the Legacy of the Drow series).

Catti-brie, as of the last book, is now far beyond Bruenor in skill level, so to say he could take her with no effort is ridiculous. I mean, you could pull out stats for them, run the scenarios, and Bruenor would be taking more losses than anyone else in the Companions (barring Regis of course).

I'm not trying to downplay Bruenor and say that he's not skilled, I just think he's the least qualified to take down these turtles. Back around say, Crystal Shard, you could maybe make the argument that Bruenor=Drizzt, but now that's far far from the case. Bruenor's a damn skilled fighter, with tons of experience, but he's no where near in the top tier of fighters in the Realm (I can name at least 20 better).

You used to sit down with Bob Salvatore with lunch!!!!!?????

Dude, you just became a rock-star in my book - he has always been on my list of authors I would like to have a lunch with.

Awesome! rock

capt it up

capt it up
Originally posted by Dreampanther
You used to sit down with Bob Salvatore with lunch!!!!!?????

Dude, you just became a rock-star in my book - he has always been on my list of authors I would like to have a lunch with.

Awesome! rock
He full of it.

capt it up
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Honestly Cap, you have Bruenor way to much credit. Let me put it this way, Drizzt = Daredevil, Brenor = Punisher... on a lower scall of course. wink

I don't argee at all. Drizzt has given me no reason to think he take Bruenor the majority and the author has only ever said one thing about what would happen if these to fought and he more or less that it be a tie.

MightyEInherjar

emporerpants
i personally would like a list of the 20 best fighters in the realm if you wouldn't mind. i love lists like this. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.