Silver Surfer vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigbran
This is Silver Surfer vs Thor in h2h.

No hammer, no powers (Durok dropper, specifically) for Thor.
No board, no powers (blasts, time travel, matter manipulation, etc) for Surfer.
Classic Thor.

This is just agility, strength, fighting skills, natural speed, and duribility.

They fight in New York.
Who wins (suprised this hasn't been done before)?

I'm going to say Surfer...

Martian_mind
In a physical......i'll say thor because he would have the skill and disposition advantage.

xmeat
thor better fighter

bigbran
Originally posted by Martian_mind
In a physical......i'll say thor because he would have the skill and disposition advantage. Originally posted by xmeat
thor better fighter Thor is a brawler, through and through.
He has experience to be sure, but he never exactly "flaunts" these so called "skills".
The best fighting feat he really has is in Ragnarok. And even then, he was just punching, kneeing, and elbowing Loki, and Fenris.
He is a brawler, not some Wolverine level MA.

Surfer is also probably more durible (xmeat knows what I'm talking about, don't you?).

I'm posting it.
Surfer (weakened), using skill, takes down Classic Abom (you may know him as the being twice as strong as Hulk, who also in the first appearance, stomped the shit out of Hulk).
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3897/silversurfer1219yw4.th.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5774/silversurfer1220qo3.th.jpg
Yes he put him down with a mind whammy, but he was also kicking his ass before that.

Now I know Souja will say that AM couldn't hit Thor... well, I don't exactly recall this. So I will need a scan, or issue number.

xmeat
thors a very skilled fighter there was a time he lost his powers and was fighting a bunch of thugs evenly with cap.

bigbran
Originally posted by xmeat
thors a very skilled fighter there was a time he lost his powers and was fighting a bunch of thugs evenly with cap. You know what thugs jobs are... don't you?

Also, Blonsky was also in the military, he is a little better than thugs... a little?

MightyEInherjar
IMO, Thor 8-9/10. I'm damn tired, so I'll post my explanation after my ass wakes up tomorrow. Spiffy?

bigbran
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
IMO, Thor 8-9/10. I'm damn tired, so I'll post my explanation after my ass wakes up tomorrow. Spiffy? OK.
I can see it going both ways, but I still think Surfer wins...

guy222
Originally posted by bigbran

Classic Thor.

They fight in New York.

thor

Ouallada
Giving it to surfer. Even without blasts and the rest of his exotic powers, he still can amp himself using the pc. Not to mention that he is arguably the more durable of the two, and has better mobility due to his board. Thor is a brawler at heart, and mjolnir gives him a great chance against surfer normally, but he is going down without it. Surfer 6/10

Mindship
Interesting...

Surfer has proven himself far more durable than Thor by consistently taking blows from Hulk without even whincing, while Thor has been seriously hurt by Hulk.

On the other hand, Thor (supposedly) is the better-skilled fighter, and he certainly has more of the fighter's attitude than Surfer.

I don't see either winning, but offensively Thor would make the better showing, while Surfer would be more impressive in his ability to take punishment.

Soljer
Is the Surfer allowed to amp his strength with the power cosmic?

If so, I believe the Surfers superior durability, and reflexes, tied in with comparable strength (post-amping) would net him the win against superior skills.

golem370
http://www.geocities.com/bruno_nojunk/

Mindship
Originally posted by Soljer

If so, I believe the Surfers superior durability, and reflexes, tied in with comparable strength (post-amping) would net him the win against superior skills.

I was treating this as if he couldn't, because if he can, then Thor is much more handicapped by not having his hammer than Surfer is not having his board. Surfer could amp not just his strength, but also his speed; heck, he could amp anything as long as he's still limiting himself to fisticuffs.

It wouldn't be a fair fight, IMO.

masterbruce
Isn't Surfer WAY TOO Fast for Thor?

Mindship
Personally, I think so. But I'm keeping in mind some of those posts (I think they're in the Superman vs Thor threads) which point out that Thor ain't no slouch in the reflexes/speed department.

But again, if Surfer amps his own reflex speed even more...

Rick/Genis
I'm going to say this in the beginning, I am not basing this off of Characters Feats or Scans or what I've seen of them in battles... I'm purely basing this off of the Characters themselves and what I think SHOULD be.

That Said:
I'm going to say Thor because he was Raised as an asgardian God... thus, he is viking... which everyone knows is pretty much the most warrior race of all time.

Where was norrin raised? Oh yeah, a peaceful planet called Zenn-La that tried to find more peaceful ways to settle things rather than resort to physical violence.

Surfer may have power ups, but without any form of energy manipulations, what training and experience puts him over the edge? He's never really been in any truly physical battles (save hulk... which he got creamed on) to my knowledge and if he HAD... he should have gotten wasted do to lack of experience.

Priest
h2h, thor wins.
http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thorbeatdown1bw.jpg

Superboy Prime
Thor. If Silver Surfer is allowed to AMP himself via PC I say Thor is allowed Warrior Madness.

Mindship
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
(save hulk... which he got creamed on)

In every encounter I am aware of, Surfer has effortlessly endured the Hulk's strongest blows. SS gets knocked around like a ragdoll, sure, but that's because he barely fights back, choosing instead to ride out the Hulk's rage.

Below, a weakened SS does nicely against the Abomination (before zapping him), who, in his first appearance, beat Hulk.
(Thanks to bigbrain for pics and info)

Again, against Thor, I can see Surfer getting in a few good blows (no amping), startling maybe even staggering Thor. But mostly, it's gonna be Thor batting Baldy around. On the other hand, Surfer won't be hurting all that much.

Rick/Genis
Was that not surfer in Planet Hulk?

dvampire
Originally posted by masterbruce
Isn't Surfer WAY TOO Fast for Thor?

No.

darthgoober
Was that not surfer in Planet Hulk?
Are you talking about the Abomination fight?

If so, it wasn't. That was Surfer when he was still weakened from being stranded on Earth, and was further weakened by some mystics that used his power to bring the Abomination back in the first place.

Soljer
I am not basing this off of Characters Feats

I'm purely basing this off of what I think SHOULD be.

Invalid.

I think that Wolverine should be able to one-shot Galactus.

Doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

Not to mention the fact that your entire argument is wrong.

For one, Galactus restored the Surfer's will to fight recently.

For two, just because Bruce Wayne is one of the best fighters on the planet does NOT mean he could go hand to hand with a watcher - even though a Watcher is one of the most peaceful beings in existence.

Rick/Genis
Invalid.

I think that Wolverine should be able to one-shot Galactus.

Doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

You weren't really paying attention to what I was writing, were you? I said "BASED ON WHAT THESE CHARACTERS ARE".

This takes into account the idea of Surfer being raised in peace and Thor being raised to be a warrior.

What's INVALID is your obviously incoherent connection between Thor beating Surfer because he has more experience as a fighter

And

Wolverine beating Galactus because................ (insert lack of evidence here).

If you were to use the logic I stated with Surfer and Thor... it SHOULD go a little more like this:
Galactus is a giant that has the power to eat planets... whereas Wolverine has the power to heal fast and fight a little bit..... no contest.

Maybe you shouldn't even respond to my post if all it's going to do is state "INVALID" since the statement in question is more a forewarning to begin with.

Soljer
You said 'based on what I think.'

You judged the fight based off your preconceived notions of the Surfer and of Thor.

The entire basis of your argument could be summed up in two simple lines:

The Surfer is a pussy pacifist.

Thor is a bad assed warrior.

And honestly, it's not like either statement is wrong. The problem is that the pussy pacifist happens to be capable of survivng exploding suns, double fisted attacks by classic abomination, the Hulk stomping on his head, and planetary explosions. In damn near every comic he's in.

Thor also has some impressive durability feats, I'll admit. But few can top the Surfer's best. and even the ones that are comparable lose by sheer volume. There are plenty of examples of Thor being injured by the Hulk whereas the Surfer treats the Hulk stomping on his head as if he were a bratty child. An annoyance - at best.

That very same pussy pacifist also has cosmic awareness, can see/hear things from LIGHTYEARS away, and can move at hundreds of millions of times the speed of light.

Again, Bruce Wayne is a bad assed warrior. But when faced by someone who can shrug off any variety of attacks, and has flash-level speed? What can you expect him to do?

Thor's been speedblitzed by spidey-level characters. On multiple occasions.

erm.

DigiMark007
By all rights Surfer should win because of his speed. But Thor has a few speed feats (good ones, to counter-act the bad) as well.

And Thor has the only head-2-head victory.

So meh. If Surfer uses his speed advantage, he wins almost every time. If he doesn't, Thor can absorb his blasts and will beat him down.

Soljer
Originally posted by DigiMark007
By all rights Surfer should win because of his speed. But Thor has a few speed feats (good ones, to counter-act the bad) as well.

And Thor has the only head-2-head victory.

So meh. If Surfer uses his speed advantage, he wins almost every time. If he doesn't, Thor can absorb his blasts and will beat him down.

Blasts? This is hand to hand. wink.

Also, Thor's best speed feats are comparable to street levellers, or seem hyperbolic in nature.

Doing something 'in the blink of an eye' is something that every street leveller out there has done. Running across new york in a heart beat seems hyperbolic.

Might as well say that Captain America can move at light speeds since I have a scan that says "Faster than light, Cap reacts..."

erm.

His feats are too few and far between. Not to mention in intensities FAR less impressive than the Surfers.

DigiMark007
Blasts? This is hand to hand. wink.

Beh. Reading the first post is for losers.

embarrasment

Soljer
And what about the rest of my points?

I notice that you tend not to debate very often. It seems as if you usually go into a thread, post your opinion, and leave it be after that - whether someone attempts to refute you or not. Besides the Tourney, I rarely see you debate. I'm not sure if you just don't have time, or if it's some sort of moderator graciousness, or what.

erm.

bigbran

If so, I believe the Surfers superior durability, and reflexes, tied in with comparable strength (post-amping) would net him the win against superior skills. I left that out for a reason... but now, no.
No amping.
Originally posted by Priest
h2h, thor wins.
http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thorbeatdown1bw.jpg Already adressed that. Punches, knees, and elbows...

How about I name off just one good strength feat for now...
punching a huge chunk of Super Skrull's face off with a punch.

Soujaboy
bump

Skeets
If you think about it Surfer should always be 2 steps ahead of Thor.Surfer thinks in super speed that gives him a huge edge.
Surfer should always be ready for what Thor throws at him,and in turn come back with a counter.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Skeets
If you think about it Surfer should always be 2 steps ahead of Thor.Surfer thinks in super speed that gives him a huge edge.
Surfer should always be ready for what Thor throws at him,and in turn come back with a counter.

What are Surfer's combat speed feats?

Priest
The only h2h skill surfer had that immpressed me was in planet hulk.
H2h agianst thor?..surfer goes down hard.

Skeets
Originally posted by Soujaboy
What are Surfer's combat speed feats?
I wasn't talking about actually Speed blitzing Thor,if that's what you're getting at.

Surfer can analyze situations from across the Universe in Super speeds,analyzing Thor's movements and predicting his next move should be child's play.

Validus
Originally posted by Mindship
Again, against Thor, I can see Surfer getting in a few good blows (no amping), startling maybe even staggering Thor. But mostly, it's gonna be Thor batting Baldy around. On the other hand, Surfer won't be hurting all that much.
thumb up

Priest
Originally posted by Validus
thumb up
thumb down

long pig
Thor actually can't physically harm SS with just punches. Given SS' superior durability, speed, endurance and nearly equal strength, I don't see Thor winning at all.

long pig
Does Surfer get his passive Telepathy?

spidey-dude

Classic Thor.

They fight in New York.

I'm going to say Surfer... surfer is still 100 without his board dude. same as thor without his hammer

OneDumbG0
I wonder why people believe physical attacks cannot hurt Surfer.

long pig
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Because more often than not, pure physical attacks haven't hurt him. Energy attacks do, but a punch hardly ever does anything.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by long pig
Because more often than not, pure physical attacks haven't hurt him. Energy attacks do, but a punch hardly ever does anything.

whistle

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/SilverS15.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/SilverS16.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/SilverS17.jpg

Skeets
whistle

O.k......Originally posted by long pig

OneDumbG0
Because more often than not, pure physical attacks haven't hurt him. Energy attacks do, but a punch hardly ever does anything. This is the most ridiculous nonsense I have ever read. Thanos slaps his ass like a red-headed step-child every time they meet. The scans after the ones Soujaboy posted? Thor beat Surfer unconscious. Show me someone on Thor's power level hitting Surfer and the Surfer shrugging it off. Indeed, show me more scans of this occurring than scans of Surfer getting b1tch-slapped, and I will handily concede the argument. Until then, remind yourself: Surfer is not invincible to physical attacks.

long pig
Did you notice SS didn't even let out a "ouch"? Not to mention that was a uber-hyped super-Thor.

SS didn't even have a bloody nose from that fight.

Skeets
This is the most ridiculous nonsense I have ever read. Thanos slaps his ass like a red-headed step-child every time they meet. The scans after the ones Soujaboy posted? Thor beat Surfer unconscious. Show me someone on Thor's power level hitting Surfer and the Surfer shrugging it off. Indeed, show me more scans of this occurring than scans of Surfer getting b1tch-slapped, and I will handily concede the argument. Until then, remind yourself: Surfer is not invincible to physical attacks.
Thanos doesn't just throw punches he adds energy to them.

Those scans Souja posted are Warrior madness Thor,A.K.A Thor X10.

long pig
This is the most ridiculous nonsense I have ever read. Thanos slaps his ass like a red-headed step-child every time they meet. The scans after the ones Soujaboy posted? Thor beat Surfer unconscious. Show me someone on Thor's power level hitting Surfer and the Surfer shrugging it off. Indeed, show me more scans of this occurring than scans of Surfer getting b1tch-slapped, and I will handily concede the argument. Until then, remind yourself: Surfer is not invincible to physical attacks.
Do you not understand the difference between being knocked around by punches and being hurt by them?

Thanos knocks Surfer around, but only hurts him with blasts. (and Thor isn't in Thanos' league)

Thor doesn't have the strength to physically harm Surfer in a way that would win this fight. Thor on the other hand has been cut by ordinary razor blades.

Soujaboy
Did you notice SS didn't even let out a "ouch"? Not to mention that was a uber-hyped super-Thor.

SS didn't even have a bloody nose from that fight.

Before I begin my post I would like to point out that I'm posting from my cell phone. Any bad grammar in my post is unintentional and unavoidable.

Well I must admitt that the scans were initially a joke, but I fealt the need to respond to this post.

Surfer was consistently physically man handled by Thor throughout that arc. In that instance he was knocked unconscious.

Also, Surfer doesn't tend to bleed, regardless of the punishment he recieves.

Soujaboy
Thanos doesn't just throw punches he adds energy to them.

Those scans Souja posted are Warrior madness Thor,A.K.A Thor X10.

Is there a panel of reference that can point me to the source that states Thanos adds energy to all his physical attacks?

To my knowledge nowhere in or outside of the blood and thunder arc was it ever stated that Warrior Madness makes Thor 10x stronger. It's simply a state that converts the character to a bloodlusted state.

long pig
So, that whole "being hit by a hammer that's surging with energy" has nothing to do with the fact that it damaged Surfer? Even with the prior knowledge that Thor himself has failed to physically damage Surfer with his fists and had to fall back on the hammer in the past?

Surfer could literally one-shot Thor. Turn his arms into blades and chop his head off. Done deal.

Skeets
Is there a panel of reference that can point me to the source that states Thanos adds energy to all his physical attacks?

To my knowledge nowhere in or outside of the blood and thunder arc was it ever stated that Warrior Madness makes Thor 10x stronger. It's simply a state that converts the character to a bloodlusted state.
Look at Thanos' hands and the impact.

Scoob's posted a scan where Thor clearly states that Warrior madness increases his powers 10 fold.

long pig

Thanos backs his punches with energy, it's a bit hard to see the energy because of all that damned energy crackling around his fists when he fights Surfer h2h.

Soujaboy
Do you not understand the difference between being knocked around by punches and being hurt by them?

Thanos knocks Surfer around, but only hurts him with blasts. (and Thor isn't in Thanos' league)

Thor doesn't have the strength to physically harm Surfer in a way that would win this fight. Thor on the other hand has been cut by ordinary razor blades.

Again this is not entirely true. While Surfer is uber durable, he is not impervious to physical harm and has shown before that he can physically be put down.

While discrediting Thor's durability, you must also give him credit. Can you name 5 times in Thor's entire comic history that he's been ko'd?

darthgoober
whistle

Was that PURELY physical, or was Thor using magically powered hammer?

Well in these, Hulk manages to knock Surfer around a bit, but it's pretty obviouse that he's relativly unharmed by it.
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/albums/22820/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_15.th.jpg
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/albums/22820/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_16.th.jpg
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/albums/22820/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_17.th.jpg
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/albums/22820/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_18.th.jpg
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/albums/22820/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_19.th.jpg
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/albums/22820/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_21.th.jpg
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/albums/22820/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_24-25.th.jpg
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/albums/22820/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_26.th.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl

Classic Thor.

They fight in New York.

YOu think surfer beats Thor in nothing but hand to hand? ARe you kidding me? Surfer doesn't even know how to fight.

darthgoober
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
YOu think surfer beats Thor in nothing but hand to hand? ARe you kidding me? Surfer doesn't even know how to fight.
Yeah he has NO skill at all...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soujaboy
Look at Thanos' hands and the impact.

Scoob's posted a scan where Thor clearly states that Warrior madness increases his powers 10 fold.

Do you have a specific scan you woud like for me to look at or does it matter? Because I can gurantee that everytime Thanos slaps Surfer his hands aren't lit up like light bulbs.

I would like to see it. Because if your talking about the scan during the Onslaught saga, It was never stated to be Warrior Madness that Thor was referncing to.

Skeets
Do you have a specific scan you woud like for me to look at or does it matter? Because I can gurantee that everytime Thanos slaps Surfer his hands aren't lit up like light bulbs.

I would like to see it. Because if your talking about the scan during the Onslaught saga, It was never stated to be Warrior Madness that Thor was referncing to.
Again,bringing Thanos in here is a moot point.Thanos is so far above Thor and Surfer it's not even funny.

Thor was most definitely talking about Warrior madness.Do you have the scan?

darthgoober

I'm pretty sure every time Thanos has actually KO's Surfer he was using the "charged hands" technique. That's not to say that he hasn't knocked Surfer around without it, but I don't think he's ever put him down that way.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by darthgoober

Well in these, Hulk manages to knock Surfer around a bit, but it's pretty obviouse that he's relativly unharmed by it.
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/albums/22820/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_15.th.jpg
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/albums/22820/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_16.th.jpg
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/albums/22820/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_17.th.jpg
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/albums/22820/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_18.th.jpg
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/albums/22820/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_19.th.jpg
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/albums/22820/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_21.th.jpg
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/albums/22820/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_24-25.th.jpg
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/albums/22820/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_26.th.jpg

I'm unsure. It was never specifically stated, I guess it's up to the readers own interpretation. Even so, it still shows Sufer can be physically harmed.

Ps... Its difficult responding to so many post on my phone. lol

darthgoober
I'm unsure. It was never specifically stated, I guess it's up to the readers own interpretation. Even so, it still shows Sufer can be physically harmed.

What's not stated? The magic hammer part? If so, it doesn't need to be stated, just shown. So did Thor use his hammer to finish the fight or just his fist? A weapon being of magical origin can make a HUGE difference in situations like this(just ask Superman whether he'd rather have Batman slash at him with Wonder Woman's magical sword, or the Hulk slash at him with a normal sword, I'm pretty sure he'd be more willing to let Hulk slash away).

Soujaboy
Again,bringing Thanos in here is a moot point.Thanos is so far above Thor and Surfer it's not even funny.

Thor was most definitely talking about Warrior madness.Do you have the scan?

I never brought Thanos into the argument. I was responding to a statement madeabout Thanos only koing Surfer when his attacks are renforced with energy.

Yeah Thanos Is leagues ahead of them both.

I do not, but I've seen them before. Thor never stated that during Warrior Madness that his power increases 10 fold. However it could just be the pis poor writters of the Onslaught saga had no idea what WM was.

Soujaboy
What's not stated? The magic hammer part? If so, it doesn't need to be stated, just shown. So did Thor use his hammer to finish the fight or just his fist? A weapon being of magical origin can make a HUGE difference in situations like this(just ask Superman whether he'd rather have Batman slash at him with Wonder Woman's magical sword, or the Hulk slash at him with a normal sword, I'm pretty sure he'd be more willing to let Hulk slash away).

I don't rememnber all the details but he had possession of Mjolnir for the greater part of his battles.

I'll post the scans in the next few days if you want to see them.

darthgoober
I don't rememnber all the details but he had possession of Mjolnir for the greater part of his battles.

I'll post the scans in the next few days if you want to see them.
I'm not really asking, just acting like it to point it out(but I honestly wasn't trying to be a dick about it).

In the scans you posted from Blood and Thunder, Thor WAS using his hammer in the fight, and that's my point. Thor can knock around Surfer with his fist(just like Hulk can), but to actually cause damage or put Surfer down, he always uses Mjolnir. But I have damn near all of both Thor and Surfer's appearances, so if your thinking of an instance that escapes me just let me know and I'll post it.

Ethereal
You never know when Surfer is using his natural speed or cosmically enhancing it, the same can be said for durability I suppose.

and since no cosmic amping for Surfer? No transmuting elements, no board etc etc.

Thor held Jugs without his hammer, I seen Thor do a lot without it. People are also underestimating Thor's durability...and with a serious power downgrade for both, durability is one of the main things each fighter possess. Besides he's more experienced in H2H; Surfer I haven't seen that much in that regard. Personally, so limited I think it would be a stalemate, but endurance wise I think Surfer may outlast Thor, (but were talking about days to weeks to possibly months here folks).

But in that time, I give it to Thor.

Soujaboy
I'm not really asking, just acting like it to point it out(but I honestly wasn't trying to be a dick about it).

In the scans you posted from Blood and Thunder, Thor WAS using his hammer in the fight, and that's my point. Thor can knock around Surfer with his fist(just like Hulk can), but to actually cause damage or put Surfer down, he always uses Mjolnir. But I have damn near all of both Thor and Surfer's appearances, so if your thinking of an instance that escapes me just let me know and I'll post it.

You most likely own the scans I'm speaking of. I was just speaking of the battles during Bllod and Thunder.

Mindship

It's not that the Surfer can't be hurt by physical attacks; it's that he's apparently more durable to physical attack than Thor. As I mentioned in a prior post, Surfer has consistently (AFAIK) endured punches and kicks by Hulk without even wincing (this not limited to the scans above), whereas Thor has been seriously hurt by Hulk.

dvampire
People are saying that Thanos is way above Thor, but they have never actually fought to determine that, so why is everyone assuming that he's above Thor? They never really fought against each other all out.

Anyways, Thor wins this again, because he's protayed to be stronger than Surfer.

Priest
Originally posted by dvampire
People are saying that Thanos is way above Thor, but they have never actually fought to determine that, so why is everyone assuming that he's above Thor? They never really fought against each other all out.

Anyways, Thor wins this again, because he's protayed to be stronger than Surfer.
actually thanos is leagues above a normal thor.
In a state of Warrior Maddness Thor/powergem was trading shots with Thanos.

dvampire
It's not that the Surfer can't be hurt by physical attacks; it's that he's apparently more durable to physical attack than Thor. As I mentioned in a prior post, Surfer has consistently (AFAIK) endured punches and kicks by Hulk without even wincing (this not limited to the scans above), whereas Thor has been seriously hurt by Hulk.

That's because Surfer doesn't go into a physical fight with Hulk long enough to get hurt. Every time he fights Hulk, he shields himself from harm and doesn't really try to go h2h with Hulk. Thor is always fighting Hulk, going toe to toe with him, which gets Hulk ever more pissed off, making it tuffer to take him down.

dvampire
accually thanos is leagues above a normal thor.
In a state of Warrior Maddness Thor/powergem was trading shots with Thanos.

Did they ever show Thanos and Thor fighting where their was a winner. Thor with the power gem was to much for Thanos, that's why he resorted to using one of his wepons. Thanos has never actually beaten Thor yet, I'm not going to assume that he's above Thor and vice versa.

Priest
Did they ever show Thanos and Thor fighting where their was a winner. Thor with the power gem was to much for Thanos, that's why he resorted to using one of his wepons. Thanos has never actually beaten Thor yet, I'm not going to assume that he's above Thor and vice versa.
Accually they seemed pretty even, maybe with thor having a slight edge, because of his powerups in Blood and Thunder arc. without the power ups, Thanos would cream thor in hand to hand.

dvampire
Accually they seemed pretty even, maybe with thor having a slight edge, because of his powerups in Blood and Thunder arc. without the power ups, Thanos would cream thor in hand to hand.

Didn't seem fare to me. Thor was always in control of that, Thanos could barely keep Thor off of him, that's why he fled to get his wepon. And again, even without the power gem, Thanos never attempted to fight mess with Thor. And I doubt it would be as easily as you say in Thanos beating Thor h2h, which is one of Thors' best fortes and he is an high trained warrior unlike Surfer and the rest of the heralds Thanos beats on.

It won't be easy.

Priest
Didn't seem fare to me. Thor was always in control of that, Thanos could barely keep Thor off of him, that's why he fled to get his wepon. And again, even without the power gem, Thanos never attempted to fight mess with Thor. And I doubt it would be as easily as you say in Thanos beating Thor h2h, which is one of Thors' best fortes and he is an high trained warrior unlike Surfer and the rest of the heralds Thanos beats on.

It won't be easy.
Thanos is a pretty damm good fighter, he trained Gammora...
they both had good shots, i remeber both made each other bleed.
Dont get me wrong, Thor is one of my favorite characters, but Thanos out classes him in hiting strength. (if that makes any sence)

dvampire
Thanos is a pretty damm good fighter, he trained Gammora...
they both had good shots, i remeber both made each other bleed.
Dont get me wrong, Thor is one of my favorite characters, but Thanos out classes him in hiting strength. (if that makes any sence)

I never said Thanos wasn't a good fighter. I just wanted to point out that Thor is a trained warrior, and is use to fighting people with just as much battle skills (like BRB and Herc).

Thor never droped blood when they fought in Boold and Thunder only Thanos. Again, In your opinion that's how you see it, but IMO, Thanos has never actually fought Thor in a real battle where there was a winner to determine who's above the other. So I'm not putting Thanos over Thor, and vice versa.

juggernaut66666

Maybe because he one shoted Thor before he got his upgrades.....

dvampire
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Maybe because he one shoted Thor before he got his upgrades.....

And when was this? Was Thanos powered up? And was this the real Thor or Materson Thor? Oh and Thor one shoted Thanos also in the IG series.

You're not going to cry because I don't agree with some people that Thor or Thanos are above one another are you (because you're Thanos craze)?

Again though, I won't put either above the other until I actually see them in a real battle with a winner. My opinion isn't going to change.

juggernaut66666
That's because Surfer doesn't go into a physical fight with Hulk long enough to get hurt. Every time he fights Hulk, he shields himself from harm and doesn't really try to go h2h with Hulk. Thor is always fighting Hulk, going toe to toe with him, which gets Hulk ever more pissed off, making it tuffer to take him down.
Surfer has never fought Hulk in a serious way everytime they met Norrin was trying to calm him down also he said that he could easily kill Hulk anytime he wants.

juggernaut66666
And when was this? Was Thanos powered up? And was this the real Thor or Materson Thor? Oh and Thor one shoted Thanos also in the IG series.

You're not going to cry because I don't agree with some people that Thor or Thanos are above one another are you (because you're Thanos craze)?

Again though, I won't put either above the other until I actually see them in a real battle with a winner. My opinion isn't going to change.
It's not like that your opinion matters to me.
Oh and that was before Thanos got his 2 upgrades.

dvampire
Surfer has never fought Hulk in a serious way everytime they met Norrin was trying to calm him down also he said that he could easily kill Hulk anytime he wants.

Thor could easily kill Hulk if chose not to fight Hulk h2h, but he does. Surfer never fights Hulk h2h, it's why he never have a difficult time taking him down like Thor does as I previously said in my post you quoted.

dvampire
It's not like that your opinion matters to me.
Oh and that was before Thanos got his 2 upgrades.

Okay then. So why the hell do you keep responding to my post? Again, I don't consider either one of them superior to the other.

Mindship
That's because Surfer doesn't go into a physical fight with Hulk long enough to get hurt. Every time he fights Hulk, he shields himself from harm and doesn't really try to go h2h with Hulk.
It is not in Surfer's nature to fight back, even when being manhandled by beings far weaker than he is (eg, the yeti in SS vol 1, issue 2, I believe it is). As for Hulk: Surfer has definitely hung in there with Hulk long enough for Hulk to do serious damage to a lesser being. This has happened in every one of their encounters, including the comic from which the scans posted in this thread come from

juggernaut66666
Oh wait....
I wonder what happened to classic Abomination when he fought Surfer.........
whistling

Soujaboy
Oh wait....
I wonder what happened to classic Abomination when he fought Surfer.........
whistling

Most likely the same thing that occurred when he was unfortunate enough to battled with Thor.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThoroneshotsAbom.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
I'm just in awe KMC. now not only is surfer teh uber with his cosmic powers and he beats everyone but God, now he can hang hand to hand with THOR? OMG. Surfer is not above a beat down. No character in comics is. That is a basic comic principle. Hell Galactus was getting beat down by someone his same lvl. So how come surfer is immune to a beat down?

bigbran
YOu think surfer beats Thor in nothing but hand to hand? ARe you kidding me? Surfer doesn't even know how to fight. And, that just proves you don't know as much as you think you know about Surfer...
If you do indeed have every Surfer comic like you said...
I mean, really...

Also, I'm not the one saying that Darkseid with the Power Gem can match the FULL INFINITY GAUNTLET.

I never said Thanos wasn't a good fighter. I just wanted to point out that Thor is a trained warrior, and is use to fighting people with just as much battle skills (like BRB and Herc).

Thor never droped blood when they fought in Boold and Thunder only Thanos. Again, In your opinion that's how you see it, but IMO, Thanos has never actually fought Thor in a real battle where there was a winner to determine who's above the other. So I'm not putting Thanos over Thor, and vice versa. Umm... what? Thanos never "droped".
Also, if you're forgetting... That was Thor in a craze with the Power Gem (10x stronger or not, it doesn't matter).
He was obviously WAY more powerful, is what you seem to be ignoring...

Again though, I won't put either above the other until I actually see them in a real battle with a winner. My opinion isn't going to change. It was the real Thor...
Before his rebirth.

Also, please don't tell me that you believe that a pussy Thor, could one-shot Thanos... let alone Thanos with the damn Power Gem...
Wow...

A Thanos craze... because he thinks that Thor is way below Thanos?
Funny...

Most likely the same thing that occurred when he was unfortunate enough to battled with Thor.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThoroneshotsAbom.jpg Abom after he was powered down...
Herc did it also.

I'm just in awe KMC. now not only is surfer teh uber with his cosmic powers and he beats everyone but God, now he can hang hand to hand with THOR? OMG. Surfer is not above a beat down. No character in comics is. That is a basic comic principle. Hell Galactus was getting beat down by someone his same lvl. So how come surfer is immune to a beat down? And why exactly is Thor above a beatdown?
Also, shut up. All you do is whine about people who were said to beat Wonder Woman, or Darkseid, or the characters who can beat the guys you defend.
I can't have my way, so I'll whine about it.

Plus... do you have every Thor comic? No?
Then why the hell are you whining?

Let the people who know about the characters debate, and go to some Darkseid threads or something.
It's so annoying when you throw your bias view into the debate... you tried to belittle everyone who said Surfer, so before you start flaming, think about that. You threw your view into this first, without full knowledge...
I probably won't respond to your worthless insults (when you make a big posst responding to this one), so meh...

Also, back to the thread...
This is about him taking teh omFGZ physical damage.
Iron Man...
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5397100

She-Hulk...
http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/6175/silversurfer036032mj.th.jpg
(too lazy to get these scans myself, so I just stole them out of the respect thread...)

Yup, I know what you're thinking... they are not as strong as Thor, which would be the first thing said... wouldn't it?
Just read...
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/6376/story2page035uxpt7.th.jpg

Pee pee.

dvampire
Such rudeness from that post. Thor still wins. The people who knows about both characters know that Thor is the superior character and has a better win record.

Roldz
Such rudeness from that post. Thor still wins. The people who knows about both characters know that Thor is the superior character and has a better win record.
How did you come up w/ this conclusion when both chars is capable of doing similar feats, actually i think Surfers is far more versatile..

dvampire
By seeing the fights on panel, with Thor as the victor obviously. And Thor's hammer is greater than Surfer. But Thor never actully have to use the hammer abilities, since Thor beats Surfer physically in every encounter.

darthgoober
By seeing the fights on panel, with Thor as the victor obviously. And Thor's hammer is greater than Surfer. But Thor never actully have to use the hammer abilities, since Thor beats Surfer physically in every encounter.
When has Thor EVER put down Surfer for the count without using his hammer?

Roldz
Blood and Thunder series other than Thor and the asgardian,the rest of the quest chars. where written poorly, i mean heck Inf. Watch, Surfer and Strange fell against a fricken bandits off Orcs and asgardians.. Also that was WMThor..

The other encounter Surfer without his space/time powers + the sonic shark incident.. His greatly depowered.. Hulk puts up a bitter with Thor and we all know what happens when he faces Surfer..

Validus
Be serious here folks. The only thing the Hulk comparison shows is that Surfer is more durable which we already knew in the first place. If Thor wanted to chump Hulk quickly, he could do it easily and again, we all know that.

spidey-dude

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/albums/22820/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_26.th.jpg which book is that ?

darthgoober
Originally posted by spidey-dude
which book is that ?
Silver Surfer #125.

spidey-dude
Silver Surfer #125. cool thanks

Roldz
Originally posted by spidey-dude
which book is that ?
I think its SS #125

Well theyre discussing about Surfer durability against physical attack and against Thor without hammer/charging energy his not doing any physical harm to Surfer..

Soujaboy
Those who are saying Thor is as powerful as Thanos, he's not. Thor's not even in the same real of power as the Mad Titan. However at the same time neither is Surfer.

Also, about the Hulk, Surfer, Thor comparison. We all know Surfer's more durable than Thor, however if Thor so wished it, he could end the battles just as quickly as Surfer did.

About the Thor Surfer fight. Thor is more battle savvy, and far exceeds Surfer in terms of skill and experience. However Surfer is faster, and his durability will keep him protected from the brute of the damage from most. yes he'll be knocked around a little, but nothing that cause major damage

My conclusion............ toss up.

bigbran
Also, about the Hulk, Surfer, Thor comparison. We all know Surfer's more durable than Thor, however if Thor so wished it, he could end the battles just as quickly as Surfer did.
I never wanted to prove that Surfer is more durible...
I wanted to show how someone on/over Thor's level of strength does against his duribility...
Basically, showing what Thor's punch(es) will do to him...

Also, I got GoW II yesterday...
Really good.

Soujaboy
I never wanted to prove that Surfer is more durible...
I wanted to show how someone on/over Thor's level of strength does against his duribility...
Basically, showing what Thor's punch(es) will do to him...

Also, I got GoW II yesterday...
Really good.

Oh ok. Either way, Thor will be connecting the most attacks with little effect.

I should be leaving in a little while to go pick it up.

bigbran
Oh ok. Either way, Thor will be connecting the most attacks with little effect.

I should be leaving in a little while to go pick it up. I got it yesterday... stick out tongue about a full day plus some, before you. stick out tongue

Soujaboy
I got it yesterday... stick out tongue about a full day plus some, before you. stick out tongue

Don't think this will go without consequence. You will be punished! mad

bigbran
Don't think this will go without consequence. You will be punished! mad It's f*cking sweet.
Wait till you ride Pegasus.
Also, there are boss battles galore.

Also... there is a way better rage bar...
I was actually suprised at some of the shit that happened in the story so far...
Plus... he should be way over a 100 tons... you'll see this in the first hour or so... and then later throughout the story, multiple times.
That is all...

Soujaboy
It's f*cking sweet.
Wait till you ride Pegasus.
Also, there are boss battles galore.

Also... there is a way better rage bar...
I was actually suprised at some of the shit that happened in the story so far...
Plus... he should be way over a 100 tons... you'll see this in the first hour or so... and then later throughout the story, multiple times.
That is all...

Just got it...

bigbran
Just got it... I started off on God mode... you're a pussy if you don't... stick out tongue

long pig
I started off on God mode... you're a pussy if you don't... stick out tongue
Indeed.

The problem is, deep, deep down inside Souljaboy's vagina, he realizes he's got too much ***** in him to play it on god mode.

bigbran
Just got it... Just beat it... a couple hours ago...

Soujaboy
Just beat it... a couple hours ago...

I'm at the part were Kratos sacrifices the translator and one of the sisters apear before him.

So far the story is great, Kratos is better in this game than the last, and the game is challenging. The graphics are great, better than most PS3 games. Weapons are great although The blades of Athena are my favs so I tend to use them the majority of the time. The magic is great although I wish there was a similar attack the hades army from the last.

I also saw 300 last night. One of the single greatest action/war movies I've ever seen.

Soujaboy
I also never knew Kratos was so strong. This game has pretty much established him as a mid tier class 100 character. His best feat of strength was resisting Atlas.

long pig
GoW I was maybe the greatest game for the PS2 I've ever played. I just wish it was longer.

Why didn't GoW2 come out on PS3? That was a bad mistake.

Soujaboy
GoW I was maybe the greatest game for the PS2 I've ever played. I just wish it was longer.

Why didn't GoW2 come out on PS3? That was a bad mistake.

Completely agree

Can't wait till three on the Ps3

long pig
I can't wait until it comes out for ps3, I don't mean I can't wait because I'm uber excited, I can't wait because it seems ps3 might not be around in a few years because of it's sucking and all.

Ethereal
Metal Gear Solid 4 will be game of the year. I guaran-tee it.

long pig
You think?

I really think MG SOL is better than all the other MG games.

As for MG4, I'm still pissed about how Sony said the graphics at E3 were in game graphics but later, after being accused, said they were CGI.

Soujaboy
I can't get past the puzzel were your in that frosted room with all the moon markings on the wall, the bird in the middle that spews fire.

Blair Wind
SS wins

Donkey Punch
I don't really See how Thor could possibly win this, especially with the Surfers upgrade. We've recently seen in Storm breaker and the Annihilation series what the Heralds are capable of. Jurgens most recent depiction of thor wouldn't really stand a chance against most Heralds. Especially when they can basically turn Moljnir into a D!LDo. smile

Sorry about the inappropriate joke, they are all the rage in other forums. sad

smile

bigbran
I can't get past the puzzel were your in that frosted room with all the moon markings on the wall, the bird in the middle that spews fire. You have to melt the first part where you get the mirror with the bird's fire.

Then you have to turn the puzzle thing around, to where you have a full circle (closed) in FRONT of the bird's front...
Then you have to climb up to the ceiling and knock all the ice blocks down, so that the light shines in.
Go in front of each light thing, with the movable mirror, and eventually you should be able to melt the ice off of the bird. By it reflecting light onto the closed circle, onto the bird...

Then move the bird, and melt the doors...

I don't know if you understand... but that's the way I did it...

Also, I knew it would end like that... I f*cking knew it...

Flame On!!
Thor has staggered Galactus and beaten the Surfer.

-FO!!

bigbran
I'm at the part were Kratos sacrifices the translator and one of the sisters apear before him.

So far the story is great, Kratos is better in this game than the last, and the game is challenging. The graphics are great, better than most PS3 games. Weapons are great although The blades of Athena are my favs so I tend to use them the majority of the time. The magic is great although I wish there was a similar attack the hades army from the last.

I also saw 300 last night. One of the single greatest action/war movies I've ever seen. There is an attack something like the army of Hades... when you power up the hammer all the way... I think you get it... not sure though, since I haven't done so...

Also, the best magic in the entire game... is Chronos's Rage... I smashed almost all the bosses, and it really helps with... nevermind, I don't want to spoil it for you...

Also, after you beat the game, you get the Blade of Olympus... the most powerful weapon in the game...

I really want to just spoil the whole thing... but I won't... really, good story... Kratos is a f*cking tank anyway (as you've seen so far)... but it gets better...

Soujaboy
Fighting Zeus

Big Sexy
currently I'm in a fire put and have to place the ashes near the alter. Great game so far, my favorite move is the stomp of Atlas, it comes in handy with a crowd.

Soljer
*points towards the horizon*

Look! Look! It's the topic! I think I can still see...

Oh...no...it was just a mirage....

Nevermind.

Soujaboy
Just defeated Zeus. Best story, and game I've ever played. Can't wait till the next one.

bigbran
Just defeated Zeus. Best story, and game I've ever played. Can't wait till the next one. Ya... I knew it would continue... I knew it would do that at the last part...

"THE END BEGINS"

I also knew Zeus would be the last boss, although... when the Sisters said that Gaia was betraying him, and lying... I thought it over...
But, meh, I was right the first time...
Bastards...

Kratos controls his own fate... and now he controls time... also, it suprised me when he was found out to be Zeus's son... and then when he killed the shit out of Athena, and stood at point zero of all her energies being releashed without moving...
Zeus is a little b*tch...

I hope I just spoiled the game for many people... stick out tongue

Soujaboy
Ya... I knew it would continue... I knew it would do that at the last part...

"THE END BEGINS"

I also knew Zeus would be the last boss, although... when the Sisters said that Gaia was betraying him, and lying... I thought it over...
But, meh, I was right the first time...
Bastards...

Kratos controls his own fate... and now he controls time... also, it suprised me when he was found out to be Zeus's son... and then when he killed the shit out of Athena, and stood at point zero of all her energies being releashed without moving...
Zeus is a little b*tch...

I hope I just spoiled the game for many people... stick out tongue

After defeating the challenge of the gods in the first game you find out that Kratos is Zeus son.

I was shocked that Kratos killed Athena, I though he would have some remorse but....... I was wrong.

I was surprised their were so few gods, and so many Titans.

Zeus is a *****.

I was not expecting that ending,

Kratos has become the most badass character ever. I wish he had a comic or something.

Jonathanos
Surfer (weakened), using skill, takes down Classic Abom (you may know him as the being twice as strong as Hulk, who also in the first appearance, stomped the shit out of Hulk).

I don't know if this has been covered already or not, but Abomination's strength was halved in the second part of his origin story.

bigbran
After defeating the challenge of the gods in the first game you find out that Kratos is Zeus son.

I was shocked that Kratos killed Athena, I though he would have some remorse but....... I was wrong.

I was surprised their were so few gods, and so many Titans.

Zeus is a *****.

I was not expecting that ending,

Kratos has become the most badass character ever. I wish he had a comic or something. Meh... I didn't watch what you unlock after that...

He's got two Gods under his belt...

Well, those were the only Gods meeting with Zeus at the time... there are still many Gods (if you follow the Greek Gods and stuff).

Runs from a mortal...

Well, not that ending, but I mean, I knew it was going to be a two part game, and I knew it was going to cut out at the end.

Or another game... I mean he has a sword with the powers of a God or more (because of the Great War). He has came back from death... twice. God only knows where Pandora's box went... I wouldn't put it past him to keep it... lifted, and caught the Colossus's full weight, and then threw him back about 100 feet... lifted that massive pillar thing... plus, his strength isn't even his high point...
Killed the Sister's of Fate... all three of them, and each one was supposedly more powerful than anything on the planet...
Has Typhoon, Kronos, Atlas, etc, powers...

He's definately more powerful than the first game...
Hell, he beat the head God in the second one, and Zeus is b*tching because he's only a mortal... and yet, he summons a bunch of high Gods to team together and beat him...

Originally posted by Jonathanos
I don't know if this has been covered already or not, but Abomination's strength was halved in the second part of his origin story. I could be wrong, but wasn't his strength cut down after he came back with Stranger?

Jonathanos
I could be wrong, but wasn't his strength cut down after he came back with Stranger?

No, Banner rigged one of his machines to drain the g-rays from Abomination. During the process, Banner became too excited and transformed, destroying the machine before it completely purged the radiation from Blonsky.

Flame On!!
Mjolnir is greater than the Surfer. Thor is not.

Thor + Mjolnir = win

leonidas
Originally posted by Flame On!!
Mjolnir is greater than the Surfer. Thor is not.

Thor + Mjolnir = win

thumb up

Flame On!!
Originally posted by leonidas
thumb up

Unless the writer decides otherwise of course. wink

-FO!!

leonidas
of course. big grin

Mindship
Originally posted by Flame On!!
Mjolnir is greater than the Surfer. Thor is not. That is an excellent point. I'm not sure I agree with it, but it is a point to ponder. wink3

Thor + Mjolnir = win I'm looking at it this way:

Mjolner, unto itself, is a fearsome thing, decreed by Odin himself. Its power, its potential, is virtually limitless. How much potential is made real: this depends on the skill and worthiness of its wielder.

Now Thor's pretty good, maybe the best there can be. But he's not a perfect being, therefore his mastery/use of Mjolner is not perfect (IMO, it certainly seems this way from most of his fights; he's mainly a punch-n-pummel guy).
In effect: Thor + Mjolner < Pure Mjolner Potential.

But does Thor wield enough potential? Well, that's what debatin' is all about. wink

leonidas
laughing out loud

you just lie in wait for this thread to be opened by someone, don't you?

big grin

Flame On!!

But does Thor wield enough potential? Well, that's what debatin' is all about. wink

Ask Galactus. Thors given him more trouble than the Surfer has in combat.

-FO!!

Mindship
Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud

you just lie in wait for this thread to be opened by someone, don't you?

big grin

evil face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.