Dragon Ball Z: Budokai

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Souichiro Nagi
I love this game! big grin Still gotta get Great Saiyaman and Hercule. smile I know it's old but it's good! Warp Kamehameha is awesome! And Big Bang Attack. Also Final Flash "Let's Finish the blitz! Final Flash!".

Superboy Prime
original budokai? I played that a long time ago. I loved it, but back then I was a DBZ junkie. Didn't play the other games.

In Fate's Hands
hahahahaha yeah i sold all the other budokai's but i kept this one

((The_Anomaly))
Budokai 3 and especially Budokai Tenkaichi 2 are far far better games.

In Fate's Hands
i thought the third sucked than the first one

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by In Fate's Hands
i thought the third sucked than the first one

That doesn't even make grammatical sense.

In Fate's Hands
sorry trying to take short cuts with a broken wrist

Onigami79
I'll prior to DBZ Budokai 3. If you use all characters with DU mode, you'll face SS Broly in special stage and BTW, is SS Broly a secret final boss character ? Please tell me !!

Black Dalek
My Goku would beat your Goku.

In Fate's Hands
Originally posted by Onigami79
I'll prior to DBZ Budokai 3. If you use all characters with DU mode, you'll face SS Broly in special stage and BTW, is SS Broly a secret final boss character ? Please tell me !!

omega shenron is a secret final boss

Onigami79
How about Broly ??? He's one of the most powerful fighter I'd ever heard. Omega Shenron is a crap !!! Son Go Ku needs Vegeta to destroy him with their fusion ( SS4 Gogeta ).

Pulse2

dirkdirden
It's all about the DBGT Final Bout for the PS1 for me. That game was cool as hell the way you level up each attack the more you use it.

The need a good DBZ RPG like the ones on the NES and SNES.

Onigami79
I've got some information about DBZ Budokai 3 FAQ that if you completed all DU modes for all characters, there's a special battle point located in the mountains region ( C3R3 ) during the Saiyan Saga and it's a yellow battle point. Go Ku will face Broly. It means that you must finish all characters' DU modes including Broly's DU ?? Can you explain it ? I don't get it.

Magee
I dont remember how but look on gamespot for cheats it should be there as I remember playing as brolly in dbz budokai 3. Only thing I remember about getting him was that it was complicated as fukin shit and I think you need to beat the dragon universe thing with all characters. He is one of the best in the game he cant really be hurt by melee attacks... lol gonna go play it.

((The_Anomaly))
Yea you can be Broly in DBZ B 3. He wasn't that hard to get if I remember. He wasn't really THAT good either.

EDIT:

Apparently all you have to do is beat Broly on your second playthrough as Goku in order to get Broly.

Here it is.

1. Finish Goku's DU story mode.
2. Start Goku's DU again and get to the Majin Saga.
3. Play until Gohan is absorbed by Super Buu and you're looking for someone to fuse with by using the Potara earrings.
4. Find the ??? mark that starts the conversation with Hercule.
5. Talk to Hercule, then head towards the red dot on your map.
6. Don't battle Super Buu yet! Find the other ??? nearby and use it to talk to Tien.
7. Now search for the "Mountains" location.
8. If you've found the right area, you'll talk to Kabitoshin about how he's scared.
9. Now fight Super Buu. And Win.
10. Now a new red dot will appear and Vegeta will hold off Buu so you can check it out.
11. The red dot is Broly - thump him good and you'll unlock him! And there you go, one giant saiyan goon on your team! Don't forget, this is the only way to unlock him. You can fight him in Vegeta's DU mode, in Gohan's Adult DU mode and in Broly's DU mode but none of those will unlock him

There ya go. thumb up

Cloud_VII
Budokai 3 > Budokai 2 > Budokai 1

Onigami79
I've found another FAQS from the other resources that you ( Goku ) can battle against Broly as many times as you desire for the next Goku's Dragon Universe. In the next Goku's DU, there's a battle point before you fight Vegeta for the 1st time, go there and fight Broly. It can be done if Goku's level is around 80. Can you explain it ?

Magee
That is lies im afraid, just do it the way anomaly said because at least it works. And the first dbz budokai was so shit lol but I loved that game because I was a die hard dbz fan back then.

Onigami79
I talk about these foes like LSS Broly and Omega Shenron. If I want to compare them, I'd really ask your information. Broly is superior in his body size and his damage point but Omega Shenron is superior in his health level so how is your explanation about it ?

Magee
I liked brolly better than shenron just because of his crazy ass super move where he looks crazy, I loved that. If I remember doesnt omega shenron only have 2 moves? A lightning thing and something else, I dont even think he has a super thing, he sucks lol. And its great kicking ass as normal brolly then being like fuk this and transforming in to twice your size. So yea Brolly can deal out a lot more damage but I think shenron has better health than him but I like Brolly better coz he's a crazy ass mofo.

Kazenji
Budokai 1 is shit along with Budokai 2. Budokai 3 and the 2 tenkaichi games are the only good DBZ games as of recent

Magee
True dat. Budokai 3 had come along way from the 1st one but its still not that great. Even the tenkaichi games are lacking. Seems like bandai don't realy care about gameplay n all that and just want to milk the franchise to all the little kiddies.

Onigami79
First at all, I'd like to apologize for my mistaken statement I'd made coz I'd never played Budokai 3 before. So I want to tell the true information of this "true" cheat :
Fight Broly multiple times : After you (Goku) defeat Broly, you can fight him as many times as desired the next Goku's DU. Go to the mountain area where you fought Vegeta for the 1st time. Before going to the red dot, there should be a battle point. Go there and fight him so you can level up without Dragon Arena.
If someone of Budokai 3 fans has finished Goku's DU unlocking Broly, could you tell if that "trick" I said above has worked ? Thank you ! confused

Magee
lol or you could just beat him, unlock him then play as him or against him in vs mode... You are very confusing. Its not some huge secret to play as brolly in budokai 3, im sure most people who have the game have completed it and have brolly unlocked.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Magee
True dat. Budokai 3 had come along way from the 1st one but its still not that great. Even the tenkaichi games are lacking. Seems like bandai don't realy care about gameplay n all that and just want to milk the franchise to all the little kiddies.

Budokai 3 lasted longer for me then Tenkaichi 1 the single player mode for Tenkaichi 1 was too easy and far too quick for me compared to budokai 3

IceJaw
Originally posted by Kazenji
Budokai 1 is shit along with Budokai 2. Budokai 3 and the 2 tenkaichi games are the only good DBZ games as of recent

Kazenji
What about it IceJaw ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.