saruman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
what happend to sarumans wisdom ball (dont know the real name) in rotk ?? Did they lose it or did it vanish ??

Slyððering

Council#13
laughing out loud Wisdom ball! laughing out loud

Röland
Originally posted by coolmovies
what happend to sarumans wisdom ball (dont know the real name) in rotk ?? Did they lose it or did it vanish ??

Gandalf took it I remember correctly.

fini
I think someone needs to look at the movies again.

vanice
Yes Gandalf took care of it. Later king Aragorn rebuilds Orthanc with the intention to replace it. And i think he did. not entirely sure about it.

No someone needs to read he book again stick out tongue

fini
lol, I've tried singing that song for years, no one listens man.

and no offence the thread starter name is coolmovies, I doubt he's read a book in a while, much less put the energy into reading that marvelous book.

kamikz
Originally posted by Council#13
laughing out loud Wisdom ball! laughing out loud

laughing

A.D. Skinner

Well actually...the "wisdom ball" was used in finding out just where all the elves had gone to, since they didn't have an accurate map at the time. They placed it at the front of the ship that you see in ROTK and they allowed it to lead their way.

Once they arrived at their final destination, it was melted down and used as a vase for flowers that samwise had picked for their journey.

It is all in the books man...

laughing out loud

Of course this is not true in the least!

vanice
Originally posted by A.D. Skinner
Well actually...the "wisdom ball" was used in finding out just where all the elves had gone to, since they didn't have an accurate map at the time. They placed it at the front of the ship that you see in ROTK and they allowed it to lead their way.

Once they arrived at their final destination, it was melted down and used as a vase for flowers that samwise had picked for their journey.

It is all in the books man...

laughing out loud

Of course this is not true in the least!

Woha! you scared me man! I thought you were dead serious in the beginning eek!

aniron
To be honest ROTK is my least favourite of the trilogy and I have a fair few criticisms of it. (STILL LOVE IT SOOOO MUCH THOUGH).
One of those criticisms is that PJ cut sooo many vital scenes, I would have sat in the cinema a few minutes longer ti watch Saruman die, to have closure on that character, it felt wrong just saying they'll leave him up ther and thats it.
I dnt think he got the point of eowyn and faramir r togetha in the theatrical version v.well eitha. I figured it out but had to point it out to a LOT of ppl. But thats a WHOLE different forum lol.

coolmovies
I think he got everything in rotk ee

aniron
it would have been better to have some of the things in the theatrical version though.

exanda kane
Quite sure I've read that Aragorn and a few others (after ROTK, reclaiming Orthanc for Gondor) they find a secret compartment and find a Palantir inside it. That may be contradictory to the films however.

coolmovies
na PJ done the roght thing put the best bits in the EE

aniron
no he did the wrong thing shud hav tied it up cus not all ppl see EE.

Rampant ox
Sarumans death should definitely have been in the theatrical version of the movie. Even though it has been added into the EE, people in the theatres missed out on it. As said previously, it is just a loose end that hasnt been tied up otherwise.

I am also aware that Christopher Lee was not very happy about it being excluded from theatres.

aniron
And Saruman is sooooo important. to not even show his face in ROTK theatrical was a bit of a crime. I felt slightly unsatisfied by it cos i was looki 4ward to seein that thread finished with instead of bein quickly mentioned and left till the end. we also dnt get to see how the palantir got to the ground in the first place or what happnd to wormtongue. its suprising how mny havnt seen EE! definate crime lol. Im sure he could have spared ten minutes to finish it off.

vanice
The last film had about 5 endings, a sixth would have been to much for the viewer. I like the book with all it's endings, but it wouldn't work as a film.

aniron
but its not at the end it's at the start! I think he could have handled the ending with a beast voice over covering most of the tie ins rather than turning it on and off thats the main criticism I have of the film. It is a good technique in many ways but i would have preffered it handled differently.

coolmovies
At least he made them thats the important thing

Superguy
na PJ done the roght thing put the best bits in the EE Yes... alllll... the important things? Never! I wouldn't have minded he cut half an hour of those RIDICULOUSLY overlong battle scenes... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superguy
At least he made them thats the important thing No, it's not... confused Films aren't the only genre of good entertainment, and I'd be perfectly happy if LOTR hadn't been made into films... hell, Harry Potter was damaged if anything by the films, and LOTR was far from a perfect adaption... sad

coolmovies
well kids cant watch long movies thats why potter was damaged . The battle scenes are part of lotr and thats why the movies are famouse .

ADarksideJedi
That is true.Why bring a kid to see that movie anyway?If they did not read the book they would not follow it and it would be boring for them.jm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.