Just thought of something

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pyratequeen
Ok, well, you guys know how we were talking awhile back about if liz would die or not? Well, I'm not saying she is, but if you think about it, the only way this whole liz/jack/will thing can be resolved is if she dies? anyone else agree?

Chiki Mina
Then that will leave Jack and Will sailing off into the horizon lol.

dichH2Odrinkrum
thats a very good possibility! I have to agree with you on that becasue i don't know how ted and terry are going to make it where each ship is happy because if it is w/l the j/l shippers will be mad and angry and if it is j/l then the w/l shippers will be mad and angry so the only way to solve it is to kill one of them and Jack already died and Will will be the new FD captain.

Pirates life fo
Umm...I dont get it. Why would she have to die?

savvysparrow
I have to second Pirates life; I don't necessarily see how her dying solves any of the potential problems raised by DMC. The writers have said that the ending of AWE will be bittersweet, not tragic. If Elizabeth were to die, and both men end up sailing into the sunset heartbroken, I'd hardly call that bittersweet. They've said that the movies are about character, and development is key. If she dies, Will and Jack don't grow much as characters, and very little is resolved.

I think it's a good possibility that Elizabeth will discover that her first and only love is the sea, like a true pirate. I see it more likely that she embraces her Pirate nature, commands the Empress and sails off into the sunset all by her onesies. T+T have said consistently that Elizabeth is more pirate like than any of the other characters.

Besides, you have to look at the other pieces of the puzzle. It's rumored that both Norrington and her father die essentially on her behalf. After all that destruction and sadness, it'd be a little heavy handed to kill her off as well. You also have to take into account that both Will and Jack want what's best for her at heart. If she wanted to be free, I think that both men would come to terms with that, though it would mean that they would give up what they wanted most in the world, which is bitter. However, in that manner of ending, Will more than likely gains a relationship with his father long lost father, and Jack gains a little selflessness. That is the sweetness of that ending, because both characters have essentially grown from where they started at the beginning of the series.

Though, I'll admit anything is fair game.

katelovespirate
this not based on logic or anything, just my feelings, i would be really surprised and feel incredibly cheated if Elizabeth died.

all three films they are building up romantic expectation for her. they have to settle that fairly. this isn't pearl harbor. wink

PirateDiva
I personally dont want anyone to DIE in AWE....even (now dont kill me for saying this but) Will! I really dont want anyone to die, but i can see were PyrateQueen is coming from.... in a Love Triangle either someone has to die, or Elizabeth will go of with someone we wouldnt expect (Norrie), or Decide to go on her own, but something has to be done! Either way Now, there are going to be ppl very dissappointed....i really dont know how they getting out of it!

Pirates life fo
I dont see why anyone would have to die to solve the Jack/Liz/Will thing. Why cant she choose Jack or Will without the other dying?

PirateDiva
Because then half the audience wouldnt accept the relationship she chooses to go in!!!!

akanai
Oh please
She won't die... She's one of the main characters ^^

willofthewisp
I don't think they would kill off their only female lead. If you think about it, even though Liz is very much a pirate, she has a heart and it's big enough that she is at the heart of the story. She keeps everyone together, though mostly unintentional. Without her, Jack and Will wouldn't work together. She's too important to the sequences of events to die off. And that wouldn't make any shippers happy at all because there goes the only girl.

Djinn

lovethemtigers
yeah, despite that rumor someone posted on Ohjohnny.net...I dont' think Elizabeth will die...that would not set well with the audience.

I think she can choose one or the other without one of them dying.

But I hope she choose Jack wink

Djinn
me toooosmile

savvysparrow
Besides, the writers have said that her choice was made at the end of DMC. So in fact, the triangle is pretty much already resolved. The writers never said that both sides would be satisfied with the ending. All they said is that one side would hopefully join in the other in applauding the most correct choice.

PirateDiva
Well i wasn't only talking about Liz dieing

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by savvysparrow
Besides, the writers have said that her choice was made at the end of DMC. So in fact, the triangle is pretty much already resolved. The writers never said that both sides would be satisfied with the ending. All they said is that one side would hopefully join in the other in applauding the most correct choice.

yep, you are right....so what was her choice...she decided to leave Jack to die to save the others and her heart's true love, Will....so why do we even still debate what is going to happen...it's pretty obvious.....

It's all good, though...cuz Johnny Depp is going to be playing Jack Sparrow in AWE...and you know what....Jack rocks...and so does JD....

I will never understand though..how Elizabeth could choose Will over Jack....jeez.....the woman is crazy...but then agian, men wrote this story...so go figure....

lovethemtigers
okay..i'm getting frustrated today.....and it's only a silly movie.....why can't I just leave it alone....it just doesn't make any sense...

Why did Beckett have to add in, ever so slyly.."a marriage interrupted, or fate intervene, you make great efforts to ensure Jack Sparrow's freedom"......

why did Norrington have to walk up to a smiling Elizabeth after the persuade me conversation and say "it's a curious thing, there was a time when I would have given anything for you to look like that while thinking about me...."

Why did that stupid compass have to mean so much...why did it have to show it so clearly pointing to Jack when Elizabeth held it...

Why did Jack and Elizabeth do so much flirting in DMC...
Why did they have to kiss...and then have their very sexy "almostkiss" right there before she walked away...

Why did Mr. Gibbs says "setting sail without a heading, something's got Jack vexed"...and then have Tia says "what vexes men most" and Jack responds "a woman"

Why did Tia have to say "ah, Jack Sparrow don't know what he want or do know but is loath to claim it as his own"

Why wasn't Jack Sparrow's compass leading him to the chest?
Why wasn't he focused on coming up with a plan to escape the wrath of the kracken?
Why did Jack's compass finally work for him on the longboat?
why did Liz have to cling to Jack's leg as he fired the rifle?
Why did they have to show Liz looking up to Jack surrounded by the halo of light?

willofthewisp
All valid questions and I think if they really wanted Liz and Will to be the couple the entire time, they would have changed the story in DMC in order to make the movie the same length of time without the scenes between Liz and Jack. It's bad editing if it's Will and Liz the whole way.

Bwa Ha Ha
totally

JacksSweet

pyratequeen
I gotta admit, u guys got a point. I'm just saying though, how are they going to solve this? w/l shippers will be angru if liz ends up with Jack and j/l shippers will be agry if liz ends up with will? But, I agree that it would be a little hard on potc fans if liz died. She's the only kick-butt girl in the movie.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by willofthewisp
All valid questions and I think if they really wanted Liz and Will to be the couple the entire time, they would have changed the story in DMC in order to make the movie the same length of time without the scenes between Liz and Jack. It's bad editing if it's Will and Liz the whole way.

Exactly...if they wanted to create tension for will and liz..to add more excitement in their relationship...then surely they could have come up with something better than using Jack....come on, they must know you can't pair her up with someone whom she has so much more chemistry with and then expect us to accept her going back with Will...it just doens't add up in my book..especially since the majority of us have secretly wanted j/l since movie 1.....and why did they do it...cus they see what we see..great chemistry between jack and liz....it makes so much sense...

I am actually lying to myself and to everyone when I say i'll be happy with a w/e ending as long as jack's happy...because i don't see how it can be a happy ending..unless it's jack /liz... sad

lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers
If will stabs the heart and became the immortal captain of the FD that would be fine with me..but for Jack to do it....no way...unless Liz joins him in immortality and Jack and Liz can sail off together on the FD...but I doubt that....

They say it's a kick-ass ending...so kick-ass it had to be release world-wide on the same date.....supposedly...then yet, at the same time we have them quoted as saying they didn't really like the way AWE ends....go figure...these two are just trying to mess with our minds, me thinks...and it's working....

lovethemtigers
Whenever I start thinking about jack and elizabeth...and how t and t has got me all tore up about it ....I just feel like I need a drink... beer

far_away_eyes
I'll join you with a Jack and Coke.

lovethemtigers
Hey, maybe we could join Johnny with a glass of fine red wine

PirateDiva
LOL...Speaking of which I'm alil Tispy MeSelf Right now...lol!!! JusT Had tO Log oN and Say Me Loves KMC...Muah! big grin

Mistypirate
kick ass ending? Humm. Well I think Will is going to stab the heart, therefore he will be sundered from Elizabeth, but not necessarily for ever. If Liz chooses Will and he becomes Capt. of the FD she is going to be able to see him every 10 yrs. But I believe a turn of events are going to take place between those 10 yrs. I believe Liz is going to marry Will before he stabs the heart and goes away. Everyone is going to believe that she will stay and wait for Will. But I think what will after afterwards at the very end of the movie, is what is going to be a kick-ass ending.

mss_mira
you said that elizabeth chose will at the end by killing off jack, but maybe they ment that she made her choice at the very end... when she said that she would go to worlds end to bring him back? thats a choice too. if she loved will she wouldnt become so passionate about jack. all my logic is telling me its going to be j/l cuz will will get the hell over it. if he does love her he will let her go. i mean it is possible to love someone and have them not love you back... it would be the final test of will's character development. and he is gaining a father, so i see it as a trade off. jack gets the one thing he never had. the love of another. <3

far_away_eyes
mss mira,
I very much agree with you and believe the clues so far have built up to this.

jackismyboo
At the end of DMC script the way it talks about the kiss and Jack looking into elizabeth's eyes knowing her TRUE heart is the same as his and tnt both said they want each other but don't want to want each other, that just describes desire there, or how tnt said in the coomenatry she killed a man she may indeed love. Why even put or say these things if it's not going to happen, it's just logic and brilliant to put them together at the end of all this. I don't see liz as the type to wait for Will every 10 years because tnt said she may indeed love Jack sparrow and he will be alive so she might go wih him in the ending. I still have complete faith of them getting together, and yes Jack is the main character they wouldn't want him sad at the ending because the ONE girl he actually loves doesn't love him back because she loves a man she only sees every 10 freakin years! they said Jack has to be in some kind of trouble during the trilogy for him to be at all at peace or happy doesn't go with the movies so maybe in the end for him to end with liz will break the unhappy barrier and that will be a kick ass ending. yea i don't know how they will make it where each ship is happy that part still is a mystery.

Surreal_44
If Will becomes captain of the Flying Dutchman, I suspect it won't last for very long. big grin

jackismyboo
what do you mean?

Surreal_44
I just have this feeling that Will won't be captain of the Flying Dutchman forever. It seems like a very dissatisfying ending for his character arc. big grin

jackismyboo
the dutchman always needs a captain, and Will will become that captain. How do you figure he will stop being captain? i doubt he will tear out his heart.

I thinks it's a great ending for him not because i hate him but he is Captain and he controls the sea meaning he can control sparrow, and he is reunited with his twice cursed father, a good ending for him i believe.

willofthewisp
This is the only problem I have with J/E: Will. I like Will and he deserves more than running into Daddy's arms. It's not a good ending to have him captain what is basically a slave ship except unlike real slave ships, the people on there do the master's bidding for more than a lifetime. I just can't see anyone with a good heart, Will or Jack or whoever, taking that kind of undertaking.

It would be interested if he was the captain for a little while. Think about it. If you're the captain, you have absolute power, don't you? Can't you just free everyone on the ship or appoint someone else? Are you really that limited? I think Davy was/is limited because that's how he's chosen to be. He's not just some brokenhearted loser. He's evil. I just don't want that to happen to Will. Jack and Elizabeth? Oh yes. Sign me up for that. But give Will some dignity.

savvysparrow
The thing with the Flying Dutchman is that it's not actually supposed to be a slave ship. It's initial purpose was to rescue dying or drowning sailors and bring them to the underworld. When Davy had his heart broken, he warped the purpose of the Dutchman. So really, he would have his dignity in that he would be preventing other sailors from having shared the same fate as his father, savvy?

Surreal_44
But it's still not a good ending for Will. What does he really get out of it? Nothing. Yeah, he gets his dad who ran out on him, but instead of being free to DO things, he'd be bound to the Dutchman.

That would be a real waste of Will's character.

far_away_eyes
Didn't they say (the writers TnT) that if it is done right then the one side (ship)will see fit to understand and come to the other side (ship)........soooo apparently they will be a.......side. wink

Okay that sounded silly but, I think I got the point across...LOL

savvysparrow
Originally posted by Surreal_44
But it's still not a good ending for Will. What does he really get out of it? Nothing. Yeah, he gets his dad who ran out on him, but instead of being free to DO things, he'd be bound to the Dutchman.

That would be a real waste of Will's character.

Not saying it was a great ending for Will. I was saying however, that his character would not be running an evil pirate ship. That if anything, his nobility and back story would in turn, transform something that was once evil, into something that is very noble. And if the writers go with the original legend of the Dutchman, which I think they might or at least the Wagner Opera, he'll have a woman who's willing to spend all of eternity with him aboard the dutchman. That's not a bad ending...

far_away_eyes
That he would be in a position to give these souls peace instead of torment, and he would never turn into what Jones was.

savvysparrow
Originally posted by far_away_eyes
Didn't they say (the writers TnT) that if it is done right then the one side (ship)will see fit to understand and come to the other side (ship)........soooo apparently they will be a.......side. wink

Okay that sounded silly but, I think I got the point across...LOL

They also said that the choice has already been made, so really there isn't a side. It's one point of view versus the other. So really, it's not so much that one side will see the other, but that the choice will be revealed. Though in some ways it already has...

far_away_eyes
Interesting...I've got to catch up with the spoilers and writers' interviews.
lol embarrasment

Surreal_44
I still find it hard to believe that they would basically pull Will away from a real life to have him sail the seas endlessly.

As for a woman, I can't see them adding in a new female character for Will, so it's either Elizabeth or no one for him.

To give him a new romantic interest would be a hard sell since he spent two movies in love with Elizabeth, and quite willing to marry her. They would have to introduce another woman quite soon into the movie and have her interact with Will to make it work properly.

So no, I certainly hope that Will does not become captain for forever...plus I'm rather sure that it won't happen.

As I said, it would be a waste of Will's character, and I think rather tragic. The writer's said 'bittersweet', not 'tragic'. big grin

savvysparrow
If they did it in the right way, it could work. And I wasn't suggesting a new female character. I was thinking more along the lines of Elizabeth choosing to remain with him onboard the Dutchman. She's the adventerous type of woman who would love to live a life at sea. It gives her the chance to be a pirate, and at the same time, they would be rescuing drowning sailors from their fate, so she could be a good woman too. And the romantic tension has shifted so that it rests between the two of them.

I agree, adding a totally new female character now would be a poor choice and utterly confusing. Tia Dalma's too old, and grimy for Will though anything can happen. She may go from drab to fab when she turns into Calypso.

Surreal_44
^^ Oh yeah. The romantic tension. I sort of thought you were J/E shipper and all that, so I thought you were thinking of Random!Female for Will.

If Liz went with him, it would be ok to be captain, and Elizabeth could probably be given immortality with him eventually. Still, I'm reluctant to think that being captain is the best option. Of course, TnT are fabulous, so I'm sure whatever they do is fine.

Unless they kill Norrington. stick out tongue Then I might have words with them. big grin

savvysparrow
^^ Oh yeah. The romantic tension. I sort of thought you were J/E shipper and all that, so I thought you were thinking of Random!Female for Will.

If Liz went with him, it would be ok to be captain, and Elizabeth could probably be given immortality with him eventually. Still, I'm reluctant to think that being captain is the best option. Of course, TnT are fabulous, so I'm sure whatever they do is fine.

Unless they kill Norrington. stick out tongue Then I might have words with them. big grin

Well, you might have to write those words down because that was their intention. Personally, I'd rather them save Norrington and make him the Captain of the Dutchman but who knows how that will go. He'll do something heartbreaking and noble because that's who he is. In short: HOT.

And yes, I will always have a soft spot for J/E but for now, my verdict is that Elizabeth did what she did to Jack for Will, and that her choice has always been Will. My thought is that Elizabeth doesn't so much care for Jack, as much as she aspires to be like him. And her actions in DMC essentially make her his twin. My suspicion is that for Jack to be complete as a character, he'll have to give Elizabeth up. It's like Casablanca, only with Pirates. Classic.

lovethemtigers
Well, you might have to write those words down because that was their intention. Personally, I'd rather them save Norrington and make him the Captain of the Dutchman but who knows how that will go. He'll do something heartbreaking and noble because that's who he is. In short: HOT.

And yes, I will always have a soft spot for J/E but for now, my verdict is that Elizabeth did what she did to Jack for Will, and that her choice has always been Will. My thought is that Elizabeth doesn't so much care for Jack, as much as she aspires to be like him. And her actions in DMC essentially make her his twin. My suspicion is that for Jack to be complete as a character, he'll have to give Elizabeth up. It's like Casablanca, only with Pirates. Classic.

Or maybe Will will be the one to have to give her up...like Casablanca, only with Pirates, classic.. wink

Elizabeth's is not Jack's to give up, essentially. She's still technically engaged to Will. I still think will can have a great ending without Elizabeth..and have great Character Development..but it's Disney so I know it won't happen...they won't rock the boat when it counts the most...they'll stick to the same old boring ending....Will and Liz....

lovethemtigers
The thing with the Flying Dutchman is that it's not actually supposed to be a slave ship. It's initial purpose was to rescue dying or drowning sailors and bring them to the underworld. When Davy had his heart broken, he warped the purpose of the Dutchman. So really, he would have his dignity in that he would be preventing other sailors from having shared the same fate as his father, savvy?

I agree...this makes sense...I see it as whoever becomes the new Captain will restore the ship to it's original intention...to rescue the dying or drowning sailors...not be a slave ship....and yes, the captain controls the seas....so....I dunno...

Maybe Jack stabs the heart and Tia joins him on the ship as Calypso..and they pick up where they left off...before....

But only if he has no more interest in Liz..and Liz has no interest in him....

In the script...one of the Jack's on Jack's shoulder tempts him to stab the heart because he loves the sea..and he could be at sea for eternity...and his only argument was that he would only be able to get rum and go wenching every ten years...but if a woman were to join him on the ship..and they stocked up on lots of rum...maybe Jack would be okay with becoming the new captain..and freeing all the lost and tortured souls...just as he freed the slaves that live around Tia's cabin in the swamps....

lovethemtigers
If they did it in the right way, it could work. And I wasn't suggesting a new female character. I was thinking more along the lines of Elizabeth choosing to remain with him onboard the Dutchman. She's the adventerous type of woman who would love to live a life at sea. It gives her the chance to be a pirate, and at the same time, they would be rescuing drowning sailors from their fate, so she could be a good woman too. And the romantic tension has shifted so that it rests between the two of them.

I agree, adding a totally new female character now would be a poor choice and utterly confusing. Tia Dalma's too old, and grimy for Will though anything can happen. She may go from drab to fab when she turns into Calypso. ''

tia dalma maybe old..but this is a fantasy movie...so once she's back to being calypso she will be young and beautiful....you have seen the actress that plays her, right..she is young and gorgeous...only 2 years older than Orlie himself....so she's not too old for Will....and she may be just right for Jack...but still don't see any chemistry between jack and Tia...but I saw it between Will and Tia....and there is no denying the chemistry between Jack and Liz...

but....I don't think Tia will end up with either..in an interview I saw once with her..she says her character leaves with a bang..and that her character is very menacing...evil? something like that....or sees into the future...knows people's deepest desires...she can read people....

pyratequeen
willofthewisp, I completely agree with you and that's what I'm trying to say. it wouldn't be fair to will if jack got liz, so for each side, not to be happy, but, equal perhaps, neither of them can have liz and the only way for that to happen is if she dies.

Mistypirate
Ok here is something interesting.. But did anyone noticed that Tia Dalma caressed Will's face in the hut, and Jack caressed Liz face in the curiosity scene. Could it be a touch of Destiny? :? Anyways, there was a lot of chemistry between Will and Tia. He looked like he was enjoying it when she caressed his face.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by Mistypirate
Ok here is something interesting.. But did anyone noticed that Tia Dalma caressed Will's face in the hut, and Jack caressed Liz face in the curiosity scene. Could it be a touch of Destiny? :? Anyways, there was a lot of chemistry between Will and Tia. He looked like he was enjoying it when she caressed his face.

Misty...I'm so glad to see you.....you and I think alot alike...I'm glad someone else agrees..there is chemistry between tia and will...and yes, a touch of destiny...i like that theory...we have an accord..

Mistypirate
I'm so glad to be back big grin I have been very busy, I got my work schedule changed. It has been horrible. But anyways I'm happy to be here tonight I miss all of you guys so much. And I'm happy you liked my theory. smile

lovethemtigers
i may be starting another job for extra cash....so my time here may be limited again...anyway...I love the way Jack looks at liz just before the kiss....look how you can tell he knows they are going to kiss...so hot... and read my post on the other thread...dang it don't know which one...but I talk about how Jack proves how much he loves Liz...because he is willing to die for her..he has been running scared the whole movie..and now he bravely faces the Kracken...it's gotta mean something....

willofthewisp
Hmm, who is going to give up what for who? There is just too little information right now, especially for us with strong wills who haven't read the script (hint hint). T&T frustrate me and yet have my envy and complete trust because I don't think any of us can really write the characters out of their situation.

I love J/E. I guess if my heart has room for a fictional couple, it would be them. But if things work out in such a way that Jack is not broken-hearted and about to drink himself into such a frenzy he swallows his tongue and dies, I would be happy with a W/E ending. Will loves her, guys. He's loved her for a long time. And I'm pretty sure Liz loves him. I think she loves Jack, and I hope during all this conflict she gives Jack a shot, but as long as she and Jack forgive one another and come to some sort of understanding, then I think he would fully endorse a W/E relationship.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by willofthewisp

I love J/E. I guess if my heart has room for a fictional couple, it would be them. But if things work out in such a way that Jack is not broken-hearted and about to drink himself into such a frenzy he swallows his tongue and dies, I would be happy with a W/E ending. Will loves her, guys. He's loved her for a long time. And I'm pretty sure Liz loves him. I think she loves Jack, and I hope during all this conflict she gives Jack a shot, but as long as she and Jack forgive one another and come to some sort of understanding, then I think he would fully endorse a W/E relationship.

*clinks glass* Hear, hear!

I'm not really going to add anything else because it would just be repeating this sentiment. Well, maybe this. Although I hope Liz ends with Will, I do think he's got to do something, well... piratey? I don't know if that's the right word. But perhaps more out of the incredibly "respectable" character we've seen for the past two movies. I think he's got to do something like that to turn her attention back to him. Something piratey, but still noble, so it would still be Will. I dunno, is that dreaming, asking too much?

Mistypirate
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
i may be starting another job for extra cash....so my time here may be limited again...anyway...I love the way Jack looks at liz just before the kiss....look how you can tell he knows they are going to kiss...so hot... and read my post on the other thread...dang it don't know which one...but I talk about how Jack proves how much he loves Liz...because he is willing to die for her..he has been running scared the whole movie..and now he bravely faces the Kracken...it's gotta mean something....

Really? sad At least you'll be earning extra $$ big grin Jack is so in love with Liz, I don't like when people say that it would be impossible for him to settle down and have a relationship. Jack is a man like no other, he has desires and most importantly feelings. He wants to be love. That " has anyone come to rescue me because you missed me" line is sad in away. It's meant to be funny but it has another meaning. Jack went back to save everyone, specially Liz. If that isn't love, then I don't know what it is.

PirateDiva
Originally posted by Mistypirate
Really? sad At least you'll be earning extra $$ big grin Jack is so in love with Liz, I don't like when people say that it would be impossible for him to settle down and have a relationship. Jack is a man like no other, he has desires and most importantly feelings. He wants to be love. That " has anyone come to rescue me because you missed me" line is sad in away. It's meant to be funny but it has another meaning. Jack went back to save everyone, specially Liz. If that isn't love, then I don't know what it is.

Brava:d Well Said!!! Yes Jack saying that line shows that Jack has come back more emotional and vulnerable.....he does want to be loved! Jack has a heart like everyone else maybe even a sweeter one!!! big grin

JacksSweet

jackismyboo
Well in the DMC script Jack says her true heart is the same as his, doesn't that mean anything? her heart is with Will but her true heart is with Jack. Didn't Johnney say something about what happens to Jack and the aftermath of his kiss with lizzie. Jack is happy with lizzie and i don't think Tia Dalma will ever make him be like that. Didn't you guys notice how Will almost kissed tia or vise versa but Jack interupted. a kiss interupted or a Jack being jealous. lol Will and tia i can see them together like will stabs the heart and becomes Captain of the FD, and calypso joins him.

lovethemtigers
I agree...I can see Will sailing off as Captain of the FD with Tia as Calypso...she is young and beautiful underneath all that yuck stuff...

I find they have chemistry..whereas him and liz do not...

And yes...the script says....Jack knew that he and Elizabeth heart was the same..and what do we know about Jack..he wants Elizabeth..and he basically tells her her loves her by saying "Pirate"...and the way he is looking at her throughout that entire scene..screams of love.....

I hate it when people say they can't see it ending with j/e because of poor old will...well, I can't see it ending w/e because of JACK...the most important character in the entire trilogy....this is an adult movie, the writers and disney have called it thus, so why can't a "first love " romance end differently....IMO Jack is really her first love...because what she feels for Will is not the deep and abiding love that you have for your soulmate, the one you should spend your life with...I think her love for will is more platonic than that....

Ericadawn
But Calypso is "a woman as changing, and harsh and untamable as the sea." She is no man's woman and would never stay with Will. Calypso is a Goddess and they can often be tricksters, Will is better off without her...she caused Davy Jones to carve out his own heart!

Surreal_44
Yeah, Tia is not the kind of woman Will needs in his life.

I still think Will and Elizabeth will end up together, because by the time AWE is over, I think their relationship will have moved beyond the realms of 'normal and boring', and will be greatly changed. big grin

Hambah
Yeah, Tia is not the kind of woman Will needs in his life.

I still think Will and Elizabeth will end up together, because by the time AWE is over, I think their relationship will have moved beyond the realms of 'normal and boring', and will be greatly changed. big grin

Sadly, I completely agree with that. To survive, relationships need to get over 'bumps in the road,' and I think T&T just used the Elizabeth being attracted to Jack thing as Will and Elizabeth's bump in the road so they can get through it and have an even stronger relationship.

Ericadawn
Aww, I tend to think "bump in the road" is unfair to Jack because it's understating his role in things. If it wasn't for Jack, they never would have become pirates. Jack was the "fate" in "fate intervenes."

Hambah
Yeah. That "A marriage interrupted...Or fate intervenes." line is a little confusing for me. Ahh! There's so much evidence for both ships! Can't wait for May 25th..

Chiki Mina

Her choice was to get back Jack...not to kill him--exactly. The real ending, besides Barbossa showing up, was liz crying because she missed Jack, therefore she chose the mission to get him back...

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by Hambah
Sadly, I completely agree with that. To survive, relationships need to get over 'bumps in the road,' and I think T&T just used the Elizabeth being attracted to Jack thing as Will and Elizabeth's bump in the road so they can get through it and have an even stronger relationship.

Well, if t and t used Jack as bump in the road to a better and stronger relationship for Will and Liz..then that sucks..cuz after all she and Jack have been through together...I find it hard to imagine she could go back to Will..again...

Fate Intervenes...means that something doesn't happen because fate has found it's way to stopping the inevitable..."a marriage interrupted, or fate intervenes...(it's the next line that tells us what that fate is meant to be - JACK)....you make great efforts to ensure Jack Sparrow 's Freedom...the Liz says, quite defensively "these are not for Jack"...and Beckett says "oh really?...(he doesn't believe her).....I'm telling you I still say if they meant to put more excitement into will and liz..they used the wrong formula...and I think they've realized that by now....you can't put two people with a much stronger and engaging chemistry together and expect the audience to go back to the complacent boring relationship....even the critcs (which I know...we don't give a rats ass what the critics say, ala Surreal44) said that their were impressed with the chemistry between jack and liz...and some even said it was interesting and that Johnny and Keira had alot more chemistry than Orlando and Keira, on screen....

I dunno.....but alas, if this isn't a "romance" movie..then why didn't they just let will and liz get married and they still could have got caught up in an adventure...maybe be separated from each other and they need Jack to help them make it back to each other...and added mystery to it just like the first movie..and not give all those flirtatious, beautiful scenes between jack and liz....they should have left well enough alone if they don't have any intention of having Jack whats he wants most in this world...and by all indications..given to us by the writers, etc...that's Elizabeth...or else Jack's compass would've worked and led him to the chest and the key....

Djinn

willofthewisp
"Aww, I tend to think "bump in the road" is unfair to Jack because it's understating his role in things. If it wasn't for Jack, they never would have become pirates. Jack was the "fate" in "fate intervenes.""----Ericadawn

It is unfair to Jack. People don't usually want to be just bumps in the road when it comes to other people, but that's often how it turns out. Relationships especially. I'd be fine with Will and Liz together because as I think Surreal said, after all the crap they've gone through, their relationship won't be as fairytale and dull as we previously thought it to be. BUT I don't want to see Jack's heart be broken. If he doesn't love Liz, or just loves her in a deep friendship way, fine and dandy. If he's so in love he's going to die of grief without her......yeah, won't be happy about W/E at all. The same is true for a J/E ending. I actually care what happens to Will and how he would take that. I'm not a fan of Liz and Jack going on their merry way while Will cuts his heart out and becomes a squid-faced a**hole for all eternity. It all depends on resolving the triangle all three ways.

jackismyboo
It all depends on resolving the triangle all three ways. -willofthewisp

i'm still extremely anxious on how they are going to do that, i mean tnt made it pretty clear that Jack does love her and we all know Will loves her too. If she chooses one the other will be devestated, and hurt and truthfully i don't wan't either one of them hurt. Gore had said that Jack was kinda "a bump in the road" to get Will jealous for that is like a opsticle for w/e relationship. But tnt has said something different that maybe she does have feelings for Jack and just won't believe it. So either way they are trying to confuse us, we will not know till May 25th! Oh and truthfully if Will and Liz end up in the end it would only waist two movies because yes they should of been married by now and they are not "Fate intervined" that has to mean something, marriage interupted is BS cuz if they were so meant to be then they would be married by now and they are not!

willofthewisp
I don't hold much stock into Beckett's "fate intervenes" line. He's just trying to get Liz's mind off shooting him. She put a gun to his head. He's playing it cool, but he doesn't want to be shot. He says it to distract her, to play with her mind so the first thought in her head isn't, "I'm gonna waste this short bastard."

lovethemtigers
Nay....they could have thought of something else..that's there for a reason, has to be....

Ericadawn
Oh, I don't think Beckett minds that much. In the Wordplayer script, he smokes a cigarette afterwards so he totally got off on this pretty young woman holding a gun to his head.

willofthewisp
Oh, so everyone loves Liz in this series, including the asexual short canniver who wants to take over the world? I just can't see that. I don't believe anything he says. I'm even skeptical about the whole "mark" deal. Not that nothing happened, but that it's different than what he alluded to. Same with the "fate intervenes." He says it while he's signing the letters of mark, which he really doesn't want to give to her. Right after he says she's risking a lot to save Jack and she says quite matter-of-factly that they aren't for Jack. Then he completely changes the subject to say he'll still want the compass, meaning he's going to get his revenge on her and all her friends. It just doesn't seem like Beckett's actually analyzing or caring about Liz's particular motives but more trying to play with her mind. When someone is threatening you, you aren't thinking, "gee, she and _ would make a lovely couple. Can't see what she's doing with _2."

JacksSweet

lovethemtigers

jackismyboo
alot of little comments/ things happen/ or script in DMC could of been not put in instead of getting us (sparrabeths) overreacting.

"a marriage interrupted or fate intervenes"

the compass points to what you want most, then it points to Jack or we think it points to Jack and it doesn't but Elizabeth thinks it does

or in the scripts Jack knowing where Elizabeth's true heart is.

slake your lust and drown your guilt.

smile after Jack asked her to persuade him

in the script with Gibbs talking 'bout Jacks compass hasn't been working since he left the gallows

Jack thinking of Lizzie before dying

Jack and his fertility belt

that awesome kiss they share

Jack only saving Will from the cannibals because he heard Elizabeth is in trouble

those are the only ones i can think of at the moment, but if it's not even j/e ending then why make us be tortured like this. They must have something they are thinking about with j/e.

jackismyboo
sorry for posting again

With Beckett i think he knows Elizabeth likes Captain Jack Sparrow for she did correct his mistake by calling him Jack Sparrow and repeated it. Then the sour comment she gave him with "these are not for Jack" i really doubt he was really troubled with Elizabeth killing him I think he doubts she would, he even thought she was saving him from the Aztec gold. Also the letters of the mark did go to Jack, and if she truly wanted them back she could of nipped it from him or persuaded him. She did a good job with the curiosity scene. She was not troubled he took them from her she even smiled after she walked away.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by jackismyboo
alot of little comments/ things happen/ or script in DMC could of been not put in instead of getting us (sparrabeths) overreacting.

"a marriage interrupted or fate intervenes"

the compass points to what you want most, then it points to Jack or we think it points to Jack and it doesn't but Elizabeth thinks it does

or in the scripts Jack knowing where Elizabeth's true heart is.

slake your lust and drown your guilt.

smile after Jack asked her to persuade him

in the script with Gibbs talking 'bout Jacks compass hasn't been working since he left the gallows

Jack thinking of Lizzie before dying

Jack and his fertility belt

that awesome kiss they share

Jack only saving Will from the cannibals because he heard Elizabeth is in trouble

those are the only ones i can think of at the moment, but if it's not even j/e ending then why make us be tortured like this. They must have something they are thinking about with j/e.

Also: Jack knew that Elizabeth heart was the same as his...

Norrington's observation after the Persuade me conversation: It's a curious thing, there was a time I would have given anything for you to look like that while thinking about me>
Liz: I don't know what you mean (looking like a kid who got caught with their hand in the cookie jar)
Norrie: Oh I think you do
Liz: Don't be absurd, I trust him that all.."...why didn't she say "i was thinking about Will"..because she wasn't ....she was smiling like that because she was thinking about what it would be like to persuade Jack...

Djinn

jackismyboo

far_away_eyes
I don't know if you'll agree but, a kiss like that doesn't normally satisfy your lust instead, it increases and intensifies the he** out of it. eek! cool

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by jackismyboo
perfectly said! elizabeth has never kissed Will like that. When i saw the kiss i felt like i can feel the passion between the two i know it's weird but i got all tingly when i saw the kiss for the firts time and i told my mom and she just said "it's called passion honey" and then i knew that they are so in love that they are blinded and liz can't see nor can Jack but he feels it and i think in their kiss they both feel it too. From the scripts it seems like Will can see it too, and Beckett and norrington from DMC and maybe davy also.

oh and we can't forget the a kiss that has been biulding since the day they met. (sighs) beautiul!

Exactly...it's the almost kiss that is so heartbreaking....I think it's right at that moment I realized it was more than just lust and a game between liz and jack....for jack it was the way he's looking at her just before the kiss..and the way he is smiling at her, despite the fact that she just kissed him in order to distract him to chain him to the mast...and then the way she can't pull away from him...wants another kiss, but can't....it's so....gives you the goosebumps...that's what I call a heartbreaking, forbidden type love that just leaves you biting your fingers and sitting on the edge of your seat...and you wonder...okay what is it going to be like when they see each other again...cuz even though it wasn't sexual...it was a very intimate moment....and I agree I've never seen her kiss Will like that....

willofthewisp
"alot of little comments/ things happen/ or script in DMC could of been not put in instead of getting us (sparrabeths) overreacting."-----jackismyboo

I'm not saying there aren't clues about J/E. In fact, most of these are valid clues that there is definitely something going on. We are meant to think that Liz could have him on her mind and we know without a doubt Jack's been thinking of her. I just think we should pay more attention to the valid clues and not assume every single Jack line or every single Liz line is a clue that they're falling for each other.......even though they are.

"a marriage interrupted or fate intervenes" --- This line is spoken at too awkward a time to be valid. I don't think Beckett honestly cares about Liz's motives here.

"the compass points to what you want most, then it points to Jack or we think it points to Jack and it doesn't but Elizabeth thinks it does"---- This is very valid because even if the compass is crap, the power of suggestion was enough. It was like a self-fulfilling prophesy. It points to Jack when Liz holds it because she thinks it is pointing to him. If she didn't want him, she wouldn't think that.

"or in the scripts Jack knowing where Elizabeth's true heart is.

slake your lust and drown your guilt."----- Very, VERY valid and I wish there was something in the finished movie about it, also Jack's line about marriage and how he is really a fan of it.

"smile after Jack asked her to persuade him"---- once again, very valid

"in the script with Gibbs talking 'bout Jacks compass hasn't been working since he left the gallows"---- Also a valid clue

"Jack thinking of Lizzie before dying"----no proof she's first in his mind as he's getting swallowed up by the vagina..I mean, kracken, but it is implied and would certainly be hard to deny that he's thinking of her since she's the last person he saw.

"Jack and his fertility belt"-- I'm not sure about this one. I can see it being very important and then not being so important. Jack seems to be a packrat but everything he has he likes to keep on his person. Maybe on one of his adventures someone gave that to him and he just kept it. Who among us wouldn't turn down fertility? Even if it's crucial to what he wants, which is to have a child, that doesn't mean anything about him and Liz.

"that awesome kiss they share"----well hell yeah! Valid!

"Jack only saving Will from the cannibals because he heard Elizabeth is in trouble"---- No. You could look at it as he doesn't think he can use Will until he realizes how much Will wants the compass. There is no proof or evidence that his main reason for helping Will is to help Liz. I'm sure that is a big part of it, but I don't think it's a huge deal. In fact, Jack doesn't seem to think she's in that big amount of trouble. "Have you considered locking her up?"

I'm a huge J/E and there are most certainly clues, but don't forget there is a larger story and not every single scene can reveal things about just this particular relationship.

PirateDiva
Originally posted by far_away_eyes
I don't know if you'll agree but, a kiss like that doesn't normally satisfy your lust instead, it increases and intensifies the he** out of it. eek! cool

That is exactly WHY we are all going CRAZY!!!! eek! Now I could only Imagine How Liz is doing, i wouldnt be surprised if she's super eager to get to the Locker to find Jack, that would be nervewrecking waiting for that the moment u face the man u betrayed and love at the same time!!! woa INTENSE! big grin

far_away_eyes
I can only imagine what her dreams are made up of........ eek! embarrasment

far_away_eyes
Hey, my birthday is May 25th..........
*thinks.....what ever will i be doing....I know....YAY

PirateDiva
My Birthday is On Sunday!!! big grin

Chiki Mina
Wow you guys have been annalyzing alot big grin

PirateDiva
Yes but missed ur input!!! big grin

Chiki Mina
I'm a little paranoid. I'm afraid they are going to call me from work.

I'm tired.

So anyways!!! You gals look like as if you got your hopes all good wink

PirateDiva
Isn't That a Good thing!!!!? embarrasment

Chiki Mina
I'm happy! I'm so happy to come here from a busy life to relax and see alot of positive going on!!

I'm really proud smile

PirateDiva
big grin YAY!!

far_away_eyes
Even better than good thoughts.........absolute confidence!! big grin

PirateDiva
^^ I like the way u think!!!big grin

Chiki Mina
Confidence!

I really missed you guys sad

PirateDiva
Well we missed ya too!! what days u have off! so i make sure im here when u are!

Chiki Mina
Well for now I'm not going to go "off" big grin

Looks like my boss won't be needing me this weekend. YAY

So I can be here all weekend and all next week big grin

PirateDiva
YAY!!!!!! big grin Thats GooD News!!

Chiki Mina
I'm gonna dedicate more on theories stick out tongue

I have not my lost my love for POTC and Jack and Liz stick out tongue

Oh, hunny, thanks for the comment on myspace smile

PirateDiva
Oh No Prob...see i think about cha!!! big grin!

Chiki Mina
Awwwe big grin

Omg I'm so excited about the new pics big grin

PirateDiva
I know....Jack is Grining! He looks soooooo HoT!!!! I LOVE JOHNNY!

And Will Looks really cute too!!

Chiki Mina
Oops wrong thread about it lool--oh well.

But about Elizabeth Dying is highly unlikely, IMO. Though it may be a solution to the love tringle problem, but get this, there never was a love triangle wink lol

PirateDiva
yes but no one completely rule it out....u never know whats going to happen in these movies!!! Although Liz dying is highly unlikely...u just never know!!!

And yes Mina Liz's Heart Belongs to Jack and it has for quite sometime....she is just living in denial!!! But not for long cause she's looking for her man, JACK!! big grin

Chiki Mina
LOL

Out of subject, I appolligize but does anyone have experience on making videos? sad

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
LOL

Out of subject, I appolligize but does anyone have experience on making videos? sad

Not me...I am so mad..cuz I want to make a liz and jack video on youtube so bad and I haven't a clue how to do them...I have windows movie maker and i've tried to figure it out and I can't...it seems like it would be so much fun to make those videos....

IheartPocky
I've made one video with clips and one video with pictures. So.. I have a little bit of experience I guess smile

a-k-a-amber
I know how but I have no clips....

lovethemtigers
i don't have clips either..how do you get them...I got lots of pictures...but I don't know how to do windows movie maker...guess i'll just keep trying to teach myself...I don't know how to get the music...i can do powerpoint with music...

a-k-a-amber
yeah i would be much obliged if someone would tell us how to get clips

movie maker is difficult to learn I got one of the idiot guides

lovethemtigers
i guess i should go out and get an idiot's guide...cuz I just can't figure it out..

a-k-a-amber
lol well what part cant you do? do you know how to import all the stuff pics/clips/music/etc.?

Chiki Mina
I just want to now how you record clips from your comp. When I insert the pirates disc, I want to record the clips.

a-k-a-amber
you have to rip it from the dvd do you have a dvd ripper?

Chiki Mina
What programs can I use. Sorry, I'm very stupid at this sad

a-k-a-amber
im not sure about that I dont rip it from the DVD why dont you try limewire? instead of audio click on video and search for them

Chiki Mina
ooo I know what to do now. Thanx amber! you gave me an idea.

a-k-a-amber
anytime big grin Im getting ready to download a clip its taking forever though...

lovethemtigers
you can download clips from limewire...I have limewire..that's how I get all my music and make my cd's featuring songs from the vids I see on youtube...

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by a-k-a-amber
lol well what part cant you do? do you know how to import all the stuff pics/clips/music/etc.?

I know how to import..but I don't know how to edit and peice together the clips...and how to get the music...when I hit import music..it rejects the music I've downloaded and saved from limewire...it must be a .wav file...and everything form limewire is mp3....I am very stupid when it comes to this....I know powerpoint...but not windows movie maker...

a-k-a-amber
lol no no no i wonder why it rejects from limewire? i use limewire and it works just fine... hmm you should use the timeline its a lot easeir than blocking you really just have to sit and play with it for it to work

Chiki Mina
Gals, I had a rough day. Hopefully I will be all juiced up by tomorow. I need some rest to make the next RP of the POTC ransom and the next RP for PirateDiva's b-day big grin

Good night chikis!!

Keep the faith xoxo

a-k-a-amber
nighty night chiki! i love my RP! thanks again

IheartPocky
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
I know how to import..but I don't know how to edit and peice together the clips...and how to get the music...when I hit import music..it rejects the music I've downloaded and saved from limewire...it must be a .wav file...and everything form limewire is mp3....I am very stupid when it comes to this....I know powerpoint...but not windows movie maker...

my video maker only takes some of my music which sucks. it doesnt take anything from itunes, and it doesnt take anything ive ripped from a cd.

lovethemtigers
Gals, I had a rough day. Hopefully I will be all juiced up by tomorow. I need some rest to make the next RP of the POTC ransom and the next RP for PirateDiva's b-day big grin

Good night chikis!!

Keep the faith xoxo

Goodnight...mina...I should be off to bed too...I have a three hour drive ahead of me tomorrow...i won't see you gals tomorrow..until late, maybe...

PirateDiva

Good night chikis!!

Keep the faith xoxo

Night Mina!!! And u are too Kind...Love Ya!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.