Organic Vs Chemical Fertilisers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§P0oONY
Discuss the Pros and Cons of each type, come to the conclusion on which is best... Not just for the consumer but all aspects, the enviroment, the farmer. Everyone.

Soleran
I prefer fresh cow and pig poop spread over crops rather then any nitrogen enriched pellet they (big business) manufacture!

botankus
When I don't have access to any laxitives for my livestock like Sol does, I prefer Scott's. It does a good enough job for someone like me who doesn't have to have the best lawn on the block but also doesn't want to be dead last.

Because I am a consumer and nothing more, I have no expertise (a.k.a. no valid opinion) on matters such as the environment, the farmer, etc.... If you think about it, that kind of rationale could expand to a much broader scale of topics other than fertilizer.

WrathfulDwarf
I prefer Organics better. However, I don't really consume much organic products as before. Organic will always be more money. So, if you're under budget...well, it ain't cheap for the consumer.

Soleran
Originally posted by botankus
When I don't have access to any laxitives for my livestock like Sol does, I prefer Scott's. It does a good enough job for someone like me who doesn't have to have the best lawn on the block but also doesn't want to be dead last.

Because I am a consumer and nothing more, I have no expertise (a.k.a. no valid opinion) on matters such as the environment, the farmer, etc.... If you think about it, that kind of rationale could expand to a much broader scale of topics other than fertilizer.

Rural MO doesn't need laxatives damn cows everywhere, we have cow crossing signs on the damn raods instead of deer.

However shopping at the farmers market and getting foods not produced and purchased on the shelfs of traditional grocery stores the quality is much higher at the farmer's market, they do tend to use alot of "organics."

fini
We got lots of organic fertilizer............. a friend of a family has a big chicken farm, so every now and then we get a few bags of chicken manure. Each tree got a bag by its roots, so over time it seeps outta the bag and into the ground. I think it works too well, the grapefruit and tangerine trees actually bend due to the sheer amount of fruit on them.

grey fox
Chemical for the win.

fini
Chemicals do work better sometimes , and are easier to obtain in most places, so i guess it would win in that case.

Quiero Mota

Alliance
My favorite part about all this is that both fertilizers are just a compliation of chemicals, some of which are organic chemicals.

PVS
its all crap to me *rimshot*

debbiejo
Organic = good.

I eat organic, see what's it's done for me?? big grin

Soleran
Originally posted by debbiejo
Organic = good.

I eat organic, see what's it's done for me?? big grin

Uh you smoke and drink though! eek!

debbiejo
Only a two of my personalities do, the others quite...They read a book. smart

~JP~

§P0oONY
Originally posted by ~JP~
This sounds like a homework assignment? Just curious. no expression
Not at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.