pirate poem for class

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willofthewisp

ivebeendepped43
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i loved it!

PirateDiva
Omg U sold me at the Title....this poem is so great!!!....im assuming it has something to do with Jack being in Davy's Locker yerning to be alive in the World....or at least thats what i got from it! lol.....But i absolutely Loved it!!! Great Job Willo! big grin

A++

pyratequeen
SO ****ING AWESOME!!!!!!! the title was so great! i really loved the part where you had all the pirate names and then insert name here?. that was so cool! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile big grin yes

willofthewisp
Thanks. No suggestions for improvement? PirateDiva, I really wasn't trying to make it about POTC, but I'm so glad you interpreted it a different way than I did. I love that when that happens because it makes the poem/story able to transcend personality and taste differences. I really am not a fan of poetry, so I was hoping people would think it was okay Thanks a lot!

PirateDiva
Lol...i figured u werent trying to make it potc...lol...cause u mentioned actual Pirate Names and not from the movie....but i still saw it as something Jack would say...lol! Open for Interpretaion! big grin

willofthewisp
Lol, Jack is obsessed with the pirate life, too. I read it over and it does fit him very well.

willofthewisp
Dudes! I have to critique someone else's poem, and it mentions POTC! I wrote a poem not long ago about how much I love to play the piano and hers is about playing the piano too, so I'm really overcome with the similarities. I think we should invite this girl to join the board. I have her permission to post her poem, so here it is.

Rhythm
by Kylie

"I flirt with ivory and sable
my fingers quest for keys
like Alice after her white rabbit
and Barbossa his cursed Aztec gold."

I won't write the rest because that has to be a copyright violation or something, but I thought that was really neat.

Claudia_Black
i love it! so good, I actually like that you put all the names of real pirates and something about rum!

willofthewisp
Man, rum is so good. I had to include it!

tee_pirategirl
WOW!!! You're really good willo and yeah that poem u posted from that girl Kylie was awesome too! you should invite her on here!!!

I loved how u mentioned the girl pirates as well. and RUM!!

-savvychick-

PirateDiva
^^ I like it Savvychick....i can see Liz saying that too! but she wasnt really shangihied, was she?

-savvychick-
well....not really

but sort of, since she was captured by the Pintel and Ragetti at first, and forced to stay aboard by Barbossa...so technically yes

willofthewisp
I did think of Liz as I wrote those last two lines. I just wanted to use "shanghai" because it's cool.

We talked about her poem in class today and most everyone liked it and liked the reference to Barbossa. "You have the extended metaphor of music being like an adventure or quest and you give us a classic example with Alice, and then a contemporary one we can all relate to."

So people can relate to POTC.

Captain's Wench
Cute!! I really like it...

willofthewisp
Thanks. The teacher really liked it, too. She said it had a lot of fresh images and she could see why it would be such a good obsession. She then started talking about how she was "dragged" to the premiere of DMC and she didn't think she would be able to get in, but she did and she loved it AND she mentioned how much she loves "Johnny Depp and Keira Knightley together in it."

Mistypirate
I love your poem, that was really good.

katelovespirate
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Man, rum is so good. I had to include it!

here, here. smile i love the word shanghai as well.

the poem was really beautiful... i liked how it felt free, the pacing was good. i really, really enjoyed it. i know what a fabulous writer you are, but you are truly the jack of all trades there! smile brilliant.

for the record, the 'calico jack' line was savory... oh anything JACK!!! hahaha

far_away_eyes
willofthewisp,
Your poem was great and very powerful imagery.

Captain's Wench
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Thanks. The teacher really liked it, too. She said it had a lot of fresh images and she could see why it would be such a good obsession. She then started talking about how she was "dragged" to the premiere of DMC and she didn't think she would be able to get in, but she did and she loved it AND she mentioned how much she loves "Johnny Depp and Keira Knightley together in it."

How cool!! I would've loved to go, but I missed it by a day or so. They still had the screen up from the day before.

diddly
how cool

willofthewisp
Guys, the class LOVED my poem. They thought it was technically and artistically everything a poem should be! Yay! But they were trying to figure out who the actual speaker was, and this girl named Amanda was nearly dead-on.

Amanda: It's like she's some cloistered princess who's read too many pirate books.

Is that Liz or what? Yes, Liz is the speaker. But when she said that, my teacher just says, "Yeah, I imagined the part where they have to literally cut open Keira Knightley's corset. Very metaphorical."

POTC is relative to poetry!

PirateDiva
I LOVE POTC....it has so many elements to it....I Love It!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.