Mantis vs Gamora

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alfheim
Mantis http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis_(Marvel_Comics) VS

Gamora http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamora

Fight takes place in Avengers danger room. Who Wins?

golem370
I say Mantis.

Alfheim
I have no idea you know. They both seem pretty good. My gut is saying Mantis.

guy222
Originally posted by Alfheim
Mantis http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis_(Marvel_Comics) VS

Gamora http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamora

Fight takes place in Avengers danger room. Who Wins?

Mantis

golem370
I believe Moondragon would be a good add in against these two.

Alfheim
Originally posted by golem370

In terms of fighting skills?

guy222
Originally posted by golem370

Does Moondragon have a gem?

celestialdemon
I love Gamora, but I haven't seen enough of her new upgrade to give her the victory. I'll say Mantis.

TricksterPriest
Gamora. I haven't seen enough of Mantis to suggest she can beat someone Thanos personally trained.

jinzin
mantis for the win.. guy's got insane power and durability.

Skeets
Originally posted by jinzin
mantis for the win.. guy's got insane power and durability.
Mantis is a girl.
Mantis wins this one easily if she uses all her powers.H2H would be a closer match though.

tru-marvell
I kinda liked Mantis's character and overall ability, but I've never seen her take on an army (including tanks and sh8t) so based on what I've read...Gamora definitly takes the majority here 8/10.

Hulk rules all
Gamora and her universally famous fishnet body suit should be more than enough to wipe Mantis out. Mantis is truly a formidable fighter and she can choke out Thor (who can't?), but Gamora is extremely agile and won't be a sitting duck like Thor. Mantis will make a mistake and Gamora's gonna put her lights out.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Skeets
Mantis is a girl.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis_%28DC_Comics%29

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis_%28DC_Comics%29

It's Marvel Mantis.

A link was provided in the opening post... doh

Anyways, is this strictly a H2H battle, or all out?

(Though I'm tempted to say Gamora wins both)

Skeets
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis_%28DC_Comics%29 Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
It's Marvel Mantis.

A link was provided in the opening post... doh

Anyways, is this strictly a H2H battle, or all out?

(Though I'm tempted to say Gamora wins both)
Owned?

Mantis would Stomp Gamora 10/10 if she's allowed to use all her powers.

Mantis wins H2H at least 8/10 She was quick enough to trip up the Runner and do some damage to the other elders with skill alone.

If I'm not mistaken Mantis has even hurt Thanos before she even took Thor out with one hit.

golem370
Moondragon's fighting skills under abilites
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Moondragon

SpunkySmurph
Owned?

Mantis would Stomp Gamora 10/10 if she's allowed to use all her powers.

Mantis wins H2H at least 8/10 She was quick enough to trip up the Runner and do some damage to the other elders with skill alone.

If I'm not mistaken Mantis has even hurt Thanos before she even took Thor out with one hit.

Does Mantis have any combat speed feats besides tripping Runner?

juggernaut66666
Mantis in he stalemated a Thanos clone....

SpunkySmurph
Is Mantis skilled enough to avoid getting hit just once by Gamora?

long pig
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Is Mantis skilled enough to avoid getting hit just once by Gamora?
Yes. She's 100x more skilled than Gamora.

Plus, she has that whole "turn into light" thing, mental abilities, pre-cog, super strength, blasts, chi control, near infinite stamina by absorbing cosmic energy, immortality and control over plants and animals and stuff.

Mantis is a beats. She's the Celestial Madonna for-****'s-sake.

Accel
She dropped Thor with just one hit.

long pig
Outrunning and catching bullets after they are fired. She has straight up heard a gun shot and went looking for the bullet only to outrun the damn thing and smack it away from it's target.

She's got superspeed.
Her strength is superhuman as well. Maybe 1-2 tons. She's thrown people 100s of feet away with one arm and flipped cars, so she's pretty strong.

She also hurt Runner and Champ with strikes and hurt Surfer with strikes, too. She used to help Surfer fight all the time.

Gamora seriously has no chance at winning this.

jinzin
Mantis is a girl.
Mantis wins this one easily if she uses all her powers.H2H would be a closer match though.

wha?

i thought we were talking about mantis from DC.. my bad.

basilisk
With full powers Mantis wins easily.

IMO in H2H Gamora would trash her, and here's why:

1) Mantis did knock out Thor, but she did it from behind when Thor didn't even know she was an enemy yet and was fighting someone else. Thor doesn't seem any more resistant to nerve strikes than anyone else (silly as that is). Still, not a bad effort and scores some points.

2) Likewise Mantis knocked out Cap from behind in the same fight, when he didn't know she had turned against them. Big deal. Plenty of thugs have knocked out Cap from behind in Cap's comics over the years. He is just a human.

3) Mantis was stalemated by Dr. Strange in H2H. Wha? And Mantis had Black Panther fighting with her. Is Dr. Strange really that good at MA?

4) Mantis was beaten in 5 seconds H2H by the Champion using a hold.

5) Mantis was neutralized pretty quickly by Libra using a hold.

6) Mantis was neutralized by Wonder Man using a hold.

7) Mantis was totally trashed and embarrassed in H2H by Moondragon, after Mantis walked into the fight spouting the usual "This One will OWN you" crap. Moondragon knocked her totally cold then went and made herself a coffee and read a book or something waiting for her to wake up. I do not see Moondragon doing that to Gamora.

8) Mantis tends to get a bit overwhelmed or even panicky if people actually fight back with a bit of skill, like she's mega-trained and mega-skilled but not really that used to fighting highly skilled MA opponents - see altercations with Strange, Champion and especially Moondragon. She gets a bit shocked and loses concentration. And in the Moondragon example she just panicked and lost it then got trashed. Gamora will DEFINITELY be fighting back with more than just a bit of skill and discipline.

9) Gamora seems to be superhumanly damn fast and strong.

So IMO, Gamora >> Moondragon >> Mantis

basilisk
With full CM powers Mantis should win.

IMO in H2H Gamora would trash her, and here's why:

1) Mantis did knock out Thor, but she did it from behind when Thor didn't even know she was an enemy yet and was fighting someone else. Thor doesn't seem any more resistant to nerve strikes than anyone else (silly as that is). Still, not a bad effort and scores some points.

2) Likewise Mantis knocked out Cap from behind in the same fight, when he didn't know she had turned against them. Big deal. Plenty of thugs have knocked out Cap from behind in Cap's comics over the years. He is just a human.

3) Mantis was stalemated by Dr. Strange in H2H. Wha? And Mantis had Black Panther fighting with her. Is Dr. Strange really that good at MA?

4) Mantis was beaten in 5 seconds H2H by the Champion using a hold.

5) Mantis was neutralized pretty quickly by Libra using a hold.

6) Mantis was neutralized by Wonder Man using a hold.

7) Mantis was totally trashed and embarrassed in H2H by Moondragon, after Mantis walked into the fight spouting the usual "This One will OWN you woman" crap. Moondragon knocked her totally cold then went and made herself a coffee and read a book or something waiting for her to wake up. I do not see Moondragon doing that to Gamora.

8) Mantis tends to get a bit overwhelmed or even panicky if people actually fight back with a bit of skill, like she's mega-trained and mega-skilled but not really that used to fighting highly skilled MA opponents - see altercations with Strange, Champion and especially Moondragon. She gets a bit shocked and loses her concentration. And in the Moondragon example she just panicked and lost it then got trashed. Gamora will DEFINITELY be fighting back with more than just a bit of skill and discipline.

9) Gamora seems to be superhumanly damn fast and strong.

So IMO, Gamora >> Moondragon >> Mantis

basilisk
Sorry double post damn browser acting up...

boriquaking55
I'd say Mantis wins if she uses all her powers but Gamora wins in H2H

SpunkySmurph
If Mantis uses all her powers, would Gamora be able to stirke her even once?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.