Christian Seider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Symmetric Chaos
OK so my church is holding a seider.

Is this really wierd or is it something that happens more often than I think?

debbiejo
The Jewish thingie? Nah, many churches do it to bring the OT and NT together. Finding the link of the Lamb in the OT as the lamb (Jesus) in the NT. It's about the symbolism.

Is this what you're talking about? Is this for Easter?

Symmetric Chaos
Its wierd actually.

It's not matching up with any holidays. Apparently its a Passover seider but we weren't able to schedule it to actually occur on Passover.

debbiejo
I always thought the Jewish holidays were fascinating with the symbolism they taught that includes their history and then Christians using that symbolism to represent Jesus in the NT. I've been to 2 seiders. Passover is really the true day which the church erased. It was a "get the Jews" out of Christianity thing.

Symmetric Chaos
I don't follow.

Passover was the Last Supper. Jesus was Jewish. Passover puts Judiasm back into Christianity.

debbiejo
What I'm saying that centuries ago, the Christian church did away with all the Jewish festivals and ceremonies. Today, however many are embracing their roots.

lil bitchiness
What is a Seider?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
What is a Seider?

Misspelling on my part. Its a seder.

http://www.jewfaq.org/holidaya.htm I think this should be good

Storm
The word seder is Hebrew for "order" and its plural is sedarim. Seder is the traditional Jewish evening religious service and the opening of the celebration of Passover. It includes special food symbols and stories. The order of seder services is highly structured, and the narrative is known as the Passover Haggadah.

lil bitchiness
Interesting.

Is this part of Christian tradition too?

debbiejo
Well it is mainly Jewish, though many Christian churches are incorporating this into the Easter service. It is kinda cool to experience it, at least I thought so. But then I find the Jewish Sabbaths and Holidays interesting.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Interesting.

Is this part of Christian tradition too?

It hasn't been a tradition at my church that I know of but my family does go to a Passover Seder almost every year at my Aunt's house.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.