Who can take over our Earth easiest?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

h1a8
If you wanted to take over the Earth (ours and not the comic's) then whose power would you want to do this?
By take over I mean overthrow the governments and become the absolute ruler.

1. Superman (note: krypton nor magic exists in the world)

2. GL (with infinite recharging batteries)

3. Thor (with Mjlonir)

4. Juggernaut (assume he is absolutely unstoppable and invulnerable)

5. Flash (with Spidey's precog spidersense)

6. Magneto

7. Professor Xavier

8. HunterPrey Doomsday (with your intelligence)

Endless Mike
Flash, he could wipe out all the militaries of the world in 10 seconds.

Symmetric Chaos
Flash with precog powers.

He would take apart to political system and military before anyone had a chance to react.

h1a8
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Flash, he could wipe out all the militaries of the world in 10 seconds.

That would seem easy from our point of view. But from his point of view it probably would take many years. This is too much work thank you.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by h1a8
That would seem easy from our point of view. But from his point of view it probably would take many years. This is too much work thank you.

Are you planning to gain one of these people's powers and use it to take over? (If you want I can get you an Oan Power Ring and Magneto's powers)

Flash would still do it with greater ease than anyone else on the list.

qqqqqqq
superman prime with a wave of his hands

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by qqqqqqq
superman prime with a wave of his hands

Not on the list.

h1a8
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Are you planning to gain one of these people's powers and use it to take over? (If you want I can get you an Oan Power Ring and Magneto's powers)

Flash would still do it with greater ease than anyone else on the list.

Did you understand my last post?
It proves that he can't with ease.
I mean take over the easiest as with respect to the one who is taking over. That means with less work and hassle.
Flash would have a lot of work to do and have a lot of hassle.
I think the world would respect Superman (and not try to fight him as much) more and give him authority without too much hassle.

Alright maybe Spidersense is too much for Flash. Just regular flash then (no spidersense).

qqqqqqq
Not on the list. ok. couldn't magneto like create a black hole and bye bye earth?

Symmetric Chaos
OK then least effort for the conqerer.

Xavier could dominate the minds of a few important people and give himself absolute power.

qqqqqqq
OK then least effort for the conqerer.

Xavier could dominate the minds of a few important people and give himself absolute power. what you mean by take over? conquer or defeat everybody on earth?

Symmetric Chaos
what you mean by take over? conquer or defeat everybody on earth?

Thread Starter said it was overthrow the governments and become absolute ruler.

qqqqqqq
Thread Starter said it was overthrow the governments and become absolute ruler. oh ok... then xavier with cerlebro

python99
Magneto.

control the earths magnetic field

h1a8
what you mean by take over? conquer or defeat everybody on earth?

Conquer

qqqqqqq
Originally posted by python99
Magneto.

control the earths magnetic field you kill everybody in the government, who's gonna help you run earth?

nimbus006
Xavier could do it and nobody would even know what happenned.

Soleran
Superman or Gl would be the best/fastest.

swerve1988
professor X w/ cerebro????

note APOC has done this already

APOC is the chief

Dinalfos
Why the hell would Flash even need precog?

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by nimbus006
Xavier could do it and nobody would even know what happenned.

I agree, he gets the leaders of US, England, Germany, France, Russia, Japan, China, Australia, hell even KJI from North Korea, to throw their support to him for Emperor of the world. Done!

grey fox
Originally posted by Dinalfos

To stop any of those annoying little 'Oh look there's a tree branch' bull that happens occasionally.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by grey fox
To stop any of those annoying little 'Oh look there's a tree branch' bull that happens occasionally. laughing laughing

lorddreamer
Flash conquers the world the fastest, but not the easiest. I'm for maybe... ok I just rechecked the list, he takes over the easiest.
In terms of becoming the head of the earth: Xavier. He's kinda the only one who doesnt need to resort to hurting people to doing it, causing violence. X makes everyone enjoy following him around.

h1a8

Because the government is sneaky. They can poison gas him (odorless, colorless), poison his food, etc. Ensuring his demise.

h1a8
Originally posted by lorddreamer
Flash conquers the world the fastest, but not the easiest. I'm for maybe... ok I just rechecked the list, he takes over the easiest.
In terms of becoming the head of the earth: Xavier. He's kinda the only one who doesnt need to resort to hurting people to doing it, causing violence. X makes everyone enjoy following him around.

I don't know if Xavier can control everyone in the world. Just the government or the military might not be enough. What if someone decides to take justice in their own hands? What if someone (like terrorists or some scientists) decides to infect Xavier with a virus or odorless chemical gas (without coming into contact with him-like mail) or create a robot designed to kill him.
Also it might be hard to control all the entire governments 24hrs a day.
Once he goes to sleep then he will get bombed or poison chemical gased.

If these are not feasible then I think it will be still hard for him to establish a new world order (in hiding). Just to much work. Once he stops controlling the world (he needs to rest) then the world just resumes as normal. Maybe they kill him in his sleep (if he announces his presence as the ruler). Xavier would be an iffy choice.

Kaos sebaceous
Professor X
Instead of Fighting i would just go in their minds and have them hand their government to me

ExtraMision5555
Why the hell would Flash even need precog? laughing

xmeat
hulk he would smash all our puny asses.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by xmeat
hulk he would smash all our puny asses.

he's not on the list

and it would still require more effort for him than Xavier (besides how would Hulk beat MasterBruce?)

lorddreamer
I don't know if Xavier can control everyone in the world. Just the government or the military might not be enough. What if someone decides to take justice in their own hands? What if someone (like terrorists or some scientists) decides to infect Xavier with a virus or odorless chemical gas (without coming into contact with him-like mail) or create a robot designed to kill him.
Also it might be hard to control all the entire governments 24hrs a day.
Once he goes to sleep then he will get bombed or poison chemical gased.

If these are not feasible then I think it will be still hard for him to establish a new world order (in hiding). Just to much work. Once he stops controlling the world (he needs to rest) then the world just resumes as normal. Maybe they kill him in his sleep (if he announces his presence as the ruler). Xavier would be an iffy choice.

Dude. it's proffesor X. You really think he's never had to worry about terrorists before? He's gone up against all the biggest baddies on earth and is still going forward. (well, depending on the comic you read, thats up for debate)
He doesnt need t control all the govs at once, just the superpowers, and that takes seconds to do, each. Also, he could easily take over about 10 people's minds at once. He's done much, much worse.
He doesn't need to be constantly holding the people's minds. Thats one. And two: he could easily just have the presidents/primeministres/ kings just bow down before him, then have them killed by some 'evil' villain. It's bloodlust, afterall.

Whom do you pick, btw

Draco69
Originally posted by lorddreamer
Dude. it's proffesor X. You really think he's never had to worry about terrorists before? He's gone up against all the biggest baddies on earth and is still going forward. (well, depending on the comic you read, thats up for debate)
He doesnt need t control all the govs at once, just the superpowers, and that takes seconds to do, each. Also, he could easily take over about 10 people's minds at once. He's done much, much worse.
He doesn't need to be constantly holding the people's minds. Thats one. And two: he could easily just have the presidents/primeministres/ kings just bow down before him, then have them killed by some 'evil' villain. It's bloodlust, afterall.

Whom do you pick, btw

Controlling the leaders, doesn't mean controlling the people. The people will rebel. Xavier can't mind-control everyone on the planet.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Draco69
Controlling the leaders, doesn't mean controlling the people. The people will rebel. Xavier can't mind-control everyone on the planet.

If I were him I'd take over the military and crush the pathetic homo sapien resistence beneath the wheels of their own technology.

But that's just me.

lorddreamer
Originally posted by Draco69

ok maybe i should have ellaborated on my plan... but I am going to bed now, so I'll do it tommorrow! Bye

MightyEInherjar
Flash.

Like someone head, he could take the worlds military down before they even got a chance to pick up their guns, or push a button for that matter.

Then he can meet with Leaders, Governments, whatever, and if they don't like it, he can just punch every single person in the world 100 times before the conversation is over.

spetznaz
As Draco said, Xavier might be able to control seminal leaders, but he wouldn't be able to control the people. And while he could use those leaders to create a draconian governance structure that suppressed the people, the result of such an act would be to simply foster more resistance from the people. Sooner or later someone would get through (or Xavier would simply not be able to keep everything in check) and he would fall.

Now, a telepath who could do it perfectly would be the Martian Manhunter. His telepathy is also highest-order, plus he has other abilities that would ensure that no matter what he would be safe. It is like merging Xavier at his best with Superman! And even if the telepathic link was to break he would still be able to handle things through superspeed/strength, or blasts from his eyes, or shapeshifting into your president/primeminister/priest/brother/child/etc, or simply turning invisible/intangible and tormenting his target (i.e a green-hued ghost).

Anyways, going back to people on the list.

I'd have to say that top of the list would either be Superman or the Green Lantern.

SUPERMAN:

Start with Kal El: Several people chose the Flash because of speed, but Superman also has analogous speed. Is he as fast as the Flash? Well, no! However, he is fast enough that to any human there would be no difference. I doubt that even the Earth's scientists could be able to differentiate between the two speeds (even though there is a difference, and it is substantial ....eg the Flash can outrun instantaneous teleportation).
Now, to speed add uber-strength (I use 'uber' to differentiate it from the strength of characters like the Thing). Add invulnerability (on our earth Superman would be TOTALLY invincible .....there would be no kryptonite, no magic, no Phantom Zone .....nothing that could harm or hurt him even a wee bit. If a Kryptonite poisoned Superman can withstand a point-blank nuke, imagine what a healthy Superman on our world could withstand! He would be 100% invulnerable).
Then add his other powers .....the senses, the offensive abilities, the synergy between his various powers.

He would never be stopped, and he could take over just as fast as the Flash could (as stated, we would never be able to tell the difference between their two speeds. If both went at top speed, one - the Flash - would seem to be all over the world at the same time, while the other - Superman- would seem to be at several places at the same time. A major difference between the two, but one that would be next to impossible to pick up). The world's military powers would be totally useless, and even if he was caught off guard (hard to do with Superman's senses) there is no way they would be able to hurt him.

GREEN LANTERN:

A Green Lantern could also take over quite easily. The ring can do anything, from constructs to even telepathy (it is not often used, but rings have been shown to be used for tp). Also a GL would be invulnerable since the ring would automatically protect the wielder.
Anyways, a GL who knows how to use the ring could seriously do a lot of havoc.
A GL could take over the earth, and keep his rule intact and strong. And since the ring has infinite charge, and it constantly takes care of (and protects) him, the GL wouldn't have to worry about an 'ooops' situation.
Hopefully the ring is immune to yellow (or in Alan's case wood).

THOR:

The son of Odin could also rule the earth, and his rule would be safe. Now, the ease of that rule depends on just how well he can use Mjolnir.
The thing is, most writers simply write Thor using his war-hammer as a bloody club.
However a few writings have shown Thor using Mjolnir as it should be used .....as one of the most powerful weapons out there.
If Thor uses mjolnir as he is normally depicted using it (that is, as a club) then he would not be effective. He wouldn't be defeated, but he wouldn't be able to take over the world.
HOWEVER, if he used Mjolnir as it should, he could appear anywhere on earth, instantly crushing rebellion. He would be unstoppable.

Characters like the Juggernaut wouldn't be very effective. Actually the wouldn't be able to take over the world!
Why?
Well, think of it this way. The Juggernaut can only be in one place at a single time. Secondly he is not able to move anywhere very fast.
This means that while he would be unstoppable, he wouldn't be able to stop parallel rebellions breaking out in Asia Europe, Africa, Australia, South America etc if he is in North America!
He is too limited.
Actually he wouldn't be able to stop an uprising in New Jersey if he was only a few miles away in New York.
Insurgencies would break out everywhere, and while they wouldn't be able to harm Cain, Cain would also not be able to quell them.
He would be a useless conqueror .....unstoppable, but not a conqueror.

BTW the same oculd be said about the Hulk. While the Hulk could travel faster than Cain (eg the Hulk can jump several times with each bound) he would still not be able to quell dissension and uprisings across the globe (or for that matter across a time-zone).
Characters like Superman could easily take down uprisings around the globe.

Anyways, the best characters are:
1) Superman/Green Lantern
2) The Flash
3) Thor/Magneto

The rest fall below.

The reason is it is not about power only (if it was pure power then even the Hulk or Juggernaut could be contenders).
It is also about the ability to APPLY that power, and apply it EFFECTIVELY.

Characters like the Flash, Superman, Green Lantern and Thor (if properly written) could do all of the above.

Characters like Juggernaut would be invincible, but they would have severe mobility issues and be unable to crush insurgencies breaking out all across the globe (imagine what would happen if a superhuman started going about conquering places .....the world would be in an uproar, and just because the character was strong wouldn't make people not rise up. Look at the situation in Iraq .....the insurgents/terrorists are weak against the American military, but they still rise up and attack using assymetric warfare techniques. They will not have the guts to face an American soldier face to face, but they will just go ahead an plant an IED that kills 5 soldiers. Thus, just because the Juggernaut is powerful doesn't mean people will simply lay down and surrender).

Other characters like Xavier could easily take over the world, and do it in total stealth. However keeping it that way over years and years would be hard to do. It would be hard to stop 'lone wolves' from rising up, and the only way Xavier could do that is by staying hooked up to Cerebra/bro constantly.
Not much of a life.
Also if he made a single mistake it could cause him his life (since a bullet would kill him as easily as it would a gopher).

manorastroman
old reliable spetz.

Newjak
Originally posted by spetznaz
As Draco said, Xavier might be able to control seminal leaders, but he wouldn't be able to control the people. And while he could use those leaders to create a draconian governance structure that suppressed the people, the result of such an act would be to simply foster more resistance from the people. Sooner or later someone would get through (or Xavier would simply not be able to keep everything in check) and he would fall.

Now, a telepath who could do it perfectly would be the Martian Manhunter. His telepathy is also highest-order, plus he has other abilities that would ensure that no matter what he would be safe. It is like merging Xavier at his best with Superman! And even if the telepathic link was to break he would still be able to handle things through superspeed/strength, or blasts from his eyes, or shapeshifting into your president/primeminister/priest/brother/child/etc, or simply turning invisible/intangible and tormenting his target (i.e a green-hued ghost).

Anyways, going back to people on the list.

I'd have to say that top of the list would either be Superman or the Green Lantern.

SUPERMAN:

Start with Kal El: Several people chose the Flash because of speed, but Superman also has analogous speed. Is he as fast as the Flash? Well, no! However, he is fast enough that to any human there would be no difference. I doubt that even the Earth's scientists could be able to differentiate between the two speeds (even though there is a difference, and it is substantial ....eg the Flash can outrun instantaneous teleportation).
Now, to speed add uber-strength (I use 'uber' to differentiate it from the strength of characters like the Thing). Add invulnerability (on our earth Superman would be TOTALLY invincible .....there would be no kryptonite, no magic, no Phantom Zone .....nothing that could harm or hurt him even a wee bit. If a Kryptonite poisoned Superman can withstand a point-blank nuke, imagine what a healthy Superman on our world could withstand! He would be 100% invulnerable).
Then add his other powers .....the senses, the offensive abilities, the synergy between his various powers.

He would never be stopped, and he could take over just as fast as the Flash could (as stated, we would never be able to tell the difference between their two speeds. If both went at top speed, one - the Flash - would seem to be all over the world at the same time, while the other - Superman- would seem to be at several places at the same time. A major difference between the two, but one that would be next to impossible to pick up). The world's military powers would be totally useless, and even if he was caught off guard (hard to do with Superman's senses) there is no way they would be able to hurt him.

GREEN LANTERN:

A Green Lantern could also take over quite easily. The ring can do anything, from constructs to even telepathy (it is not often used, but rings have been shown to be used for tp). Also a GL would be invulnerable since the ring would automatically protect the wielder.
Anyways, a GL who knows how to use the ring could seriously do a lot of havoc.
A GL could take over the earth, and keep his rule intact and strong. And since the ring has infinite charge, and it constantly takes care of (and protects) him, the GL wouldn't have to worry about an 'ooops' situation.
Hopefully the ring is immune to yellow (or in Alan's case wood).

THOR:

The son of Odin could also rule the earth, and his rule would be safe. Now, the ease of that rule depends on just how well he can use Mjolnir.
The thing is, most writers simply write Thor using his war-hammer as a bloody club.
However a few writings have shown Thor using Mjolnir as it should be used .....as one of the most powerful weapons out there.
If Thor uses mjolnir as he is normally depicted using it (that is, as a club) then he would not be effective. He wouldn't be defeated, but he wouldn't be able to take over the world.
HOWEVER, if he used Mjolnir as it should, he could appear anywhere on earth, instantly crushing rebellion. He would be unstoppable.

Characters like the Juggernaut wouldn't be very effective. Actually the wouldn't be able to take over the world!
Why?
Well, think of it this way. The Juggernaut can only be in one place at a single time. Secondly he is not able to move anywhere very fast.
This means that while he would be unstoppable, he wouldn't be able to stop parallel rebellions breaking out in Asia Europe, Africa, Australia, South America etc if he is in North America!
He is too limited.
Actually he wouldn't be able to stop an uprising in New Jersey if he was only a few miles away in New York.
Insurgencies would break out everywhere, and while they wouldn't be able to harm Cain, Cain would also not be able to quell them.
He would be a useless conqueror .....unstoppable, but not a conqueror.

BTW the same oculd be said about the Hulk. While the Hulk could travel faster than Cain (eg the Hulk can jump several times with each bound) he would still not be able to quell dissension and uprisings across the globe (or for that matter across a time-zone).
Characters like Superman could easily take down uprisings around the globe.

Anyways, the best characters are:
1) Superman/Green Lantern
2) The Flash
3) Thor/Magneto

The rest fall below.

The reason is it is not about power only (if it was pure power then even the Hulk or Juggernaut could be contenders).
It is also about the ability to APPLY that power, and apply it EFFECTIVELY.

Characters like the Flash, Superman, Green Lantern and Thor (if properly written) could do all of the above.

Characters like Juggernaut would be invincible, but they would have severe mobility issues and be unable to crush insurgencies breaking out all across the globe (imagine what would happen if a superhuman started going about conquering places .....the world would be in an uproar, and just because the character was strong wouldn't make people not rise up. Look at the situation in Iraq .....the insurgents/terrorists are weak against the American military, but they still rise up and attack using assymetric warfare techniques. They will not have the guts to face an American soldier face to face, but they will just go ahead an plant an IED that kills 5 soldiers. Thus, just because the Juggernaut is powerful doesn't mean people will simply lay down and surrender).

Other characters like Xavier could easily take over the world, and do it in total stealth. However keeping it that way over years and years would be hard to do. It would be hard to stop 'lone wolves' from rising up, and the only way Xavier could do that is by staying hooked up to Cerebra/bro constantly.
Not much of a life.
Also if he made a single mistake it could cause him his life (since a bullet would kill him as easily as it would a gopher). While I do agree he won't be the fastest Juggernaut could conquer the entire world if he wanted. First off his strength is enough to cause Earthquakes and Massive Damage to cities. The fear alone of him coming to your town would probably be enough to make most people stay put. Simply because unlike American Soldiers Cain cann;t be stopped or killed has no qualms about really getting his point across by oblietrating entire towns and he doesn't need to eat sleep or drink.

While ti would probably take him years to do so Cai ncould get the entire frces of Earth behind him just through sheer fear of opposing him. And with no way to stop him after so many rebelions have have been destroyed by Cain and any forces he could get no one would oppose. Him same thign Superman Rebellions could always break out against him.

Plus with flgith travel it wouldn't take long for Cain to get from one corner of the world to another to quell an uprising.

h1a8
Originally posted by Newjak
While I do agree he won't be the fastest Juggernaut could conquer the entire world if he wanted. First off his strength is enough to cause Earthquakes and Massive Damage to cities. The fear alone of him coming to your town would probably be enough to make most people stay put. Simply because unlike American Soldiers Cain cann;t be stopped or killed has no qualms about really getting his point across by oblietrating entire towns and he doesn't need to eat sleep or drink.

While ti would probably take him years to do so Cai ncould get the entire frces of Earth behind him just through sheer fear of opposing him. And with no way to stop him after so many rebelions have have been destroyed by Cain and any forces he could get no one would oppose. Him same thign Superman Rebellions could always break out against him.

Plus with flgith travel it wouldn't take long for Cain to get from one corner of the world to another to quell an uprising.

Please note that Juggs can be trapped. Remember the quicksand concrete thing with Spider-man. He might be unstoppable but not immovable (when standing still). I like spetznaz post alot though.

python99
you kill everybody in the government, who's gonna help you run earth?

make them suffer not kill them. Show them what you can do

Newjak
Please note that Juggs can be trapped. Remember the quicksand concrete thing with Spider-man. He might be unstoppable but not immovable (when standing still). I like spetznaz post alot though. Yeah and I have a scan where Juggernaut explodes out of a huge 30 foot coccon of metal in a mere few seconds.

Point is that you aren't stopping him forever especially with our technology. Cain will never be stopped completely at best we could hope to delay him. Which is highly unlikely consdering his top end feats. He would take over our world. The sheer fear of his counter attacks would be enough to do so.

No could overthrow him because no one could actually beat him.

He wouldn't care about nuking a place. And if he showed up he would be the same thing mass destruction in very little time. Through sheer fear he would keep most of the world in line at any given time. I mean look at Stalin, Hitler, and Saddam. Fear was their biggest tools but unlike them where they had to worry about dieing Cain has no such worries and even still none of those people possessed the power Cain has.
erm

Soleran
While certainly Cain has the power to take over he certainly wouldn't be better then Superman or a GL.

Newjak
Originally posted by Soleran
While certainly Cain has the power to take over he certainly wouldn't be better then Superman or a GL. No he wouldn't he would defently be one of the slowest times given in taking over the world but he can do it.

Soleran
No he wouldn't he would defently be one of the slowest times given in taking over the world but he can do it. yes

h1a8
Yeah and I have a scan where Juggernaut explodes out of a huge 30 foot coccon of metal in a mere few seconds.

Point is that you aren't stopping him forever especially with our technology. Cain will never be stopped completely at best we could hope to delay him. Which is highly unlikely consdering his top end feats. He would take over our world. The sheer fear of his counter attacks would be enough to do so.

He wouldn't care about nuking a place. And if he showed up he would be the same thing mass destruction in very little time. Through sheer fear he would keep most of the world in line at any given time. I mean look at Stalin, Hitler, and Saddam. Fear was their biggest tools but unlike them where they had to worry about dieing Cain has no such worries and even still none of those people possessed the power Cain has.
erm

I don't think he's getting out of quickdry cement in a decent amount of time. This is still inconvenient for him. After he gets trapped. He gets shipped out to space. Or gets even more wrapped up in many many tons of steel and buried many miles under ground. That should ensure peace for at least a hundred years if not forever.

spetznaz
While I do agree he won't be the fastest Juggernaut could conquer the entire world if he wanted. First off his strength is enough to cause Earthquakes and Massive Damage to cities. The fear alone of him coming to your town would probably be enough to make most people stay put. Simply because unlike American Soldiers Cain cann;t be stopped or killed has no qualms about really getting his point across by oblietrating entire towns and he doesn't need to eat sleep or drink.

I actually agree with you, but to a certain extent.

Cain would manage to change the rubric of the world. He would even be able to take over whole continents. As you said, the world is rife with people who managed to take over countries through force of will, fear and ruthlessness (the Pol Pots, Idi Amins, Stalins and Atillas of the world).

HOWEVER, the thread asked which character could take over the world the easiest.
There are two parts to that question ......the main one is who would take over the world the easiest, but there is a sub-question (which is taken as an assumption) .....can the character take over the world?

Honestly i do not think Cain could take over the world. He would reach a place where he basically hits a (figurative) brick wall.

Let me explain: The Juggernaut is unstoppable. He is unkillable. Once he starts moving forward nothing can stop him (at least nothing our World could come up with). Super strength, invulnerability (true invulnerability), and so on.

The problem is this .....he doesn't have the power set to stop everything everywhere. What he is able to do is totally stop whatever he is currently dealing with, but nothing more.

Now, you made a good point in your post. Armies would stoop before him and he could basically use a conventional military approach (eg he conquers the US and uses the American military to lay waste). Problem is, his opponents wouldn't be facing him ....they'd be facing the US military.
Meaning it can be defeated, or it can be evaded (most likely the latter).
Alright, at this point Cain could simply tell the military to nuke areas that he is finding difficult to bring under his heel. Thus a nuke is lobbed and the problem is no more. However Cain would find himself lobbing nukes everywhere.

Furthermore there would be enclaves that would have nuclear weapons of their own. For instance there was this interesting war-gaming (as in military computer simulation, not a 'playstation game') scenario that had the state of California and Texas breaking away from the rest of the United States. The interesting thing is that those two states had advanced weapons and thus the fracas that broke out had the remaining US states (with Raptors and M1A2 Abrams and Aegis ships) attacking California and Texas (who also had Raptors, and Abrams, and ships).

Now, in the Cain situation there would be a Confederacy of States that would rise up against him, and this confederacy would have access to formidable weapons of their own (since there is no way the entire armed forces and Governments of the world would lay down arms before Cain). Now, these weapons would be totally useless against Cain, BUT they would work wonderfully against his troops!
Thus, Cain nukes Central China to take out some opposition and the Confederacy nukes his center of power in Washington DC.
Cain nukes Lagos to take out some African opposition, and the Confederacy nukes his seat of power in London.

So on and so forth.

It would basically degenerate quickly into a nuclear conflagration .....no different from what would have happened had the former Soviet Union/Warsaw Pact gone to war against the United States/NATO.

Cain would have VERY LITTLE significance in such an event. While he may not be able to be destroyed, he would have little impact once things went nuclear. All that would happen is that his forces would have a leader that cannot be killed! That is it.

And whoever won the nuclear exchange would inherit a dead/dying world.

NOW, compare this with Superman.

Superman could simply fly into the troposphere, scan the Earth using his various visions (eg telescopic, x-ray, microvision), use his super-hearing to detect the hydronomic noise caused by the flow of water over the hull of a ballistic-missile nuclear submarine, and then within seconds DESTROY ALL of the submarines in the world!
Done.
Then he would locate all nuclear missile silos, and in a couple more minutes those are over (and anyways, even if they were to try and hide them by placing them behind lead, that would actually make it EASIER for Superman to know where they are! All he needs to do is look for things he CANNOT SEE. If he sees an area that is clouded to his vision, that means a target! In a silver age comic he once used this technique to find a hidden lair used by Luthor that had been lined with lead .....he simply looked for what he couldn't see).
If an uprising popped up in Nairobi, and another in Addis Ababa, and another in Turin, and yet another in Sidney, one more in Taipei, and several dozen more in South American cities .....Superman could destroy all opposition in less than 10 minutes!
Easily.
To be honest 10 minutes is a lot of time .....if he really pushed his speed he could do it in far less (the problem with that would be that his movement would devastate everything in his path ....since, unlike the Flash, he doesn't have the Speed Force to negate the effects of physics).

Superman also wouldn't need to use conventional military doctrine ...eg, he wouldn't need armies. Neither would he need nukes.
By himself he could take over the world, and within a week all opposition would be effectively destroyed (once people realized that even a whispered conversation could be overheard, the loading of bullets into magazines noticed, the air turbulence caused by the movement of a plane through air noticed ......and that all of that would be met by a quick - very quick- death, then opposition would grind to a halt very quickly. Very!)

This is why i said that while Cain has the power, he lacks the efficacy to bring it to bear in a manner similar to that of Superman.
Could Cain conquer the world? Yes, but it would be no different from what Hitler could do if he had been invulnerable and super-strong.

Superman (and Flash, Thor-if written by a writer who knows that Mjolnir is not a baseball bat- and Green Lantern - written by a writer that knows an Oan power ring does more than simply shoot green blasts) would be at god levels in comparison.

gods among men.

Cain, on the other hand, would simply be a man that cannot be killed and has amazing strength. While that may seem impressive, it has significant flaws inherent within it.

spidey-dude
If you wanted to take over the Earth (ours and not the comic's) then whose power would you want to do this?

3. Thor (with Mjlonir)

6. Magneto

7. Professor Xavier

8. HunterPrey Doomsday (with your intelligence) galactus duh rolleyes1 thats his job in life

Martian_mind
Hunter/prey Doomsday....WITH MY MIND?....man....earth gets WTF pwned...

Jax_Jax
flash.

i'd rule the world and no one would know it,lol

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Jax_Jax
flash.

i'd rule the world and no one would know it,lol

Doomsday is the only one who gets your mind...so Flash rules the world and only you and i know. stick out tongue

carver9

good post

carver9
Yeah and I have a scan where Juggernaut explodes out of a huge 30 foot coccon of metal in a mere few seconds.

erm

Good post again. Noone on this list is as unstoppable as the juggernaut. They do have great power to take over the world but the earths defense has a way of stopping them much easier than stopping the juggernaut, especially one with his force field up. He dont have to sleep, eat, drink, etc..... he can go on and on and on without getting tired are wanting to stop. Earth defenses can use gas or nukes to either slow the others down or even kill them but juggernaut would laugh at there efforts.

spetznaz
Originally posted by carver9
Good post again. Noone on this list is as unstoppable as the juggernaut. They do have great power to take over the world but the earths defense has a way of stopping them much easier than stopping the juggernaut, especially one with his force field up. He dont have to sleep, eat, drink, etc..... he can go on and on and on without getting tired are wanting to stop. Earth defenses can use gas or nukes to either slow the others down or even kill them but juggernaut would laugh at there efforts.

Please explain how the 'Earth's defenses' would have a way of stopping Superman? Especially when a kryptonite poisoned Supes took a point-blank nuke.
I'm highly curious as to how a Kryptonian hell-bent on conquering the world (a world without kryptonite, without magic, without the Phantom Zone) would be stopped by the 'Earth's defenses.'

Please elaborate - if you can.

Symmetric Chaos
Please explain how the 'Earth's defenses' would have a way of stopping Superman? Especially when a kryptonite poisoned Supes took a point-blank nuke.
I'm highly curious as to how a Kryptonian hell-bent on conquering the world (a world without kryptonite, without magic, without the Phantom Zone) would be stopped by the 'Earth's defenses.'

Please elaborate - if you can.

Well Deano would explain about how we have all those things but you don't know him so I won't mention it

Let's see. Well Superman would still have to fight me (the fear of that should be enough to keep him at bay). Of course, I'm off doing something when he arrives . . . yeah you're all doomed.

Brian Oswald
Xavier could defiently easily do it if he wanted to.

inamilist
Easiest to Supes, GL and Thor

Mags is close, flash would certainly be fastest...

However, I'm skeptical of Juggs, DD or Xavier's ability to do it...

imho, Supes, GL, Thor and Flash would be the only ones capable of fighting a multi frontal war against a united Earth military.

Xavier may be the only one capable of winning hearts and minds of people through some kind of brainwashing, but for the rest of them, resistance movements are going to be HELL. I can hardly see the people of America or any other Nuclear country bowing down to these guys, and none of them strike me as a Mao or Che type character that will rally the masses behind them.

For Juggs or DD, it comes down to their inability to be in all places at once. They could conquer any city, but they would have no ability to hold it. As soon as they took New York, they would have to leave and move themselves to the next city. I would hardly consider it "taking over the world" if you have to keep re-conquering every city you leave.

spetznaz
Originally posted by inamilist
Easiest to Supes, GL and Thor

Mags is close, flash would certainly be fastest...

However, I'm skeptical of Juggs, DD or Xavier's ability to do it...

imho, Supes, GL, Thor and Flash would be the only ones capable of fighting a multi frontal war against a united Earth military.

Xavier may be the only one capable of winning hearts and minds of people through some kind of brainwashing, but for the rest of them, resistance movements are going to be HELL. I can hardly see the people of America or any other Nuclear country bowing down to these guys, and none of them strike me as a Mao or Che type character that will rally the masses behind them.

For Juggs or DD, it comes down to their inability to be in all places at once. They could conquer any city, but they would have no ability to hold it. As soon as they took New York, they would have to leave and move themselves to the next city. I would hardly consider it "taking over the world" if you have to keep re-conquering every city you leave.

100% agree.

WrathfulDwarf

3. Thor (with Mjlonir)

6. Magneto

7. Professor Xavier

8. HunterPrey Doomsday (with your intelligence)

From that list...practically any of them. Unless there is a device that triggers anti-mutant cells...Magneto and Charles would be out.

Newjak
I actually agree with you, but to a certain extent.

Cain would manage to change the rubric of the world. He would even be able to take over whole continents. As you said, the world is rife with people who managed to take over countries through force of will, fear and ruthlessness (the Pol Pots, Idi Amins, Stalins and Atillas of the world).

HOWEVER, the thread asked which character could take over the world the easiest.
There are two parts to that question ......the main one is who would take over the world the easiest, but there is a sub-question (which is taken as an assumption) .....can the character take over the world?

Honestly i do not think Cain could take over the world. He would reach a place where he basically hits a (figurative) brick wall.

Let me explain: The Juggernaut is unstoppable. He is unkillable. Once he starts moving forward nothing can stop him (at least nothing our World could come up with). Super strength, invulnerability (true invulnerability), and so on.

The problem is this .....he doesn't have the power set to stop everything everywhere. What he is able to do is totally stop whatever he is currently dealing with, but nothing more.

Now, you made a good point in your post. Armies would stoop before him and he could basically use a conventional military approach (eg he conquers the US and uses the American military to lay waste). Problem is, his opponents wouldn't be facing him ....they'd be facing the US military.
Meaning it can be defeated, or it can be evaded (most likely the latter).
Alright, at this point Cain could simply tell the military to nuke areas that he is finding difficult to bring under his heel. Thus a nuke is lobbed and the problem is no more. However Cain would find himself lobbing nukes everywhere.

Furthermore there would be enclaves that would have nuclear weapons of their own. For instance there was this interesting war-gaming (as in military computer simulation, not a 'playstation game') scenario that had the state of California and Texas breaking away from the rest of the United States. The interesting thing is that those two states had advanced weapons and thus the fracas that broke out had the remaining US states (with Raptors and M1A2 Abrams and Aegis ships) attacking California and Texas (who also had Raptors, and Abrams, and ships).

Now, in the Cain situation there would be a Confederacy of States that would rise up against him, and this confederacy would have access to formidable weapons of their own (since there is no way the entire armed forces and Governments of the world would lay down arms before Cain). Now, these weapons would be totally useless against Cain, BUT they would work wonderfully against his troops!
Thus, Cain nukes Central China to take out some opposition and the Confederacy nukes his center of power in Washington DC.
Cain nukes Lagos to take out some African opposition, and the Confederacy nukes his seat of power in London.

So on and so forth.

It would basically degenerate quickly into a nuclear conflagration .....no different from what would have happened had the former Soviet Union/Warsaw Pact gone to war against the United States/NATO.

Cain would have VERY LITTLE significance in such an event. While he may not be able to be destroyed, he would have little impact once things went nuclear. All that would happen is that his forces would have a leader that cannot be killed! That is it.

And whoever won the nuclear exchange would inherit a dead/dying world.

NOW, compare this with Superman.

Superman could simply fly into the troposphere, scan the Earth using his various visions (eg telescopic, x-ray, microvision), use his super-hearing to detect the hydronomic noise caused by the flow of water over the hull of a ballistic-missile nuclear submarine, and then within seconds DESTROY ALL of the submarines in the world!
Done.
Then he would locate all nuclear missile silos, and in a couple more minutes those are over (and anyways, even if they were to try and hide them by placing them behind lead, that would actually make it EASIER for Superman to know where they are! All he needs to do is look for things he CANNOT SEE. If he sees an area that is clouded to his vision, that means a target! In a silver age comic he once used this technique to find a hidden lair used by Luthor that had been lined with lead .....he simply looked for what he couldn't see).
If an uprising popped up in Nairobi, and another in Addis Ababa, and another in Turin, and yet another in Sidney, one more in Taipei, and several dozen more in South American cities .....Superman could destroy all opposition in less than 10 minutes!
Easily.
To be honest 10 minutes is a lot of time .....if he really pushed his speed he could do it in far less (the problem with that would be that his movement would devastate everything in his path ....since, unlike the Flash, he doesn't have the Speed Force to negate the effects of physics).

Superman also wouldn't need to use conventional military doctrine ...eg, he wouldn't need armies. Neither would he need nukes.
By himself he could take over the world, and within a week all opposition would be effectively destroyed (once people realized that even a whispered conversation could be overheard, the loading of bullets into magazines noticed, the air turbulence caused by the movement of a plane through air noticed ......and that all of that would be met by a quick - very quick- death, then opposition would grind to a halt very quickly. Very!)

This is why i said that while Cain has the power, he lacks the efficacy to bring it to bear in a manner similar to that of Superman.
Could Cain conquer the world? Yes, but it would be no different from what Hitler could do if he had been invulnerable and super-strong.

Superman (and Flash, Thor-if written by a writer who knows that Mjolnir is not a baseball bat- and Green Lantern - written by a writer that knows an Oan power ring does more than simply shoot green blasts) would be at god levels in comparison.

gods among men.

Cain, on the other hand, would simply be a man that cannot be killed and has amazing strength. While that may seem impressive, it has significant flaws inherent within it. A good comaprion except your forgetting just how strong Cain is. Cain has wiped out small militaries by hitting the ground before. Has been in a fight that was stated as rocking the world. He doesn't just have strength he has strength that is immeasruable and can cause massive Earthquakes that would have the same effect as a small scale Atomic Bomb. So yes he does actually have a mass destruction attack.

So with that kind of power coupled with abilily. Cain could would take over armies simply through fear but along with his own strength he could conquer any nation. He could make a broadcast to every nation on Earth join him or perish. Once they luanched their nukes and found out Cain couldn't die they would understand they don't have a chance. People fight back when they have hope. With Cain there is no hope eventually the nations of the world would realize they can't do anything. You destroy one nation Cain moves unto the next. You also got to think Cain would have more than one nation under his control. Heck Cain could just walk into the UN claim all nations are under his control. Then go and take over the US. Most nations would be like WTF one man can conquer an entire nation by himself. Basically the first 6 major cities Cain destroyed without being stopped people would relaize they've lost.

Plus with planes and stuff like that Cain can literally be any place in the wolrd in a matter of hours.

carver9
A good comaprion except your forgetting just how strong Cain is. Cain has wiped out small militaries by hitting the ground before. Has been in a fight that was stated as rocking the world. He doesn't just have strength he has strength that is immeasruable and can cause massive Earthquakes that would have the same effect as a small scale Atomic Bomb. So yes he does actually have a mass destruction attack.

So with that kind of power coupled with abilily. Cain could would take over armies simply through fear but along with his own strength he could conquer any nation. He could make a broadcast to every nation on Earth join him or perish. Once they luanched their nukes and found out Cain couldn't die they would understand they don't have a chance. People fight back when they have hope. With Cain there is no hope eventually the nations of the world would realize they can't do anything. You destroy one nation Cain moves unto the next. You also got to think Cain would have more than one nation under his control. Heck Cain could just walk into the UN claim all nations are under his control. Then go and take over the US. Most nations would be like WTF one man can conquer an entire nation by himself. Basically the first 6 major cities Cain destroyed without being stopped people would relaize they've lost.

Plus with planes and stuff like that Cain can literally be any place in the wolrd in a matter of hours.

Good post again. I dont think that anyone could have said it better.

inamilist
This is what I foresee for Juggernaut:

Lets say he goes to the UN building in NY, and demands the world. Then he destroys the building and creates an earthquake that destroys part of the city.

Thats the best he could ever do. He could continue racking up a kill count, but that will just further polarize people against him. Fear is very much a motivator, but in studies into people's reaction to terrorist situations, or situations involving death, they become more patriotic and passionate about their core values.

If he were a martyr for some real world cause, he might be able to gather the support of the disparate, but they would hardly add anything to his cause. Any small scale civilian warfare is going to be meaningless compared to what damage he causes, and fairly easily dealt with through conventional anti-terror means.

He would never get to world leaders, because in a situation like this they would be in secret locations that Juggernaut is not aware of. Because of this, he would never be given control of an army. He has no way of forcing his will upon people, especially military leaders.

Juggernaut is not immune to modern tracking technology, so as soon as he was identified as the cause of all the chaos, he would be under surveillance 24/7. Civilian centers would be evacuated before his arrival if possible, people would do what they could to adapt. Making people run for their lives and leave their homes is not a good way to win them over to your cause. Machiavelli goes on at length about this in the Prince.

If he tried to use a plane or any other piece of transportation technology, it would be destroyed instantly by the military. Hopefully they could get him over water, I'm sure he doesn't float too well smile.

And really, I don't think its outlandish to say that we might one day adapt a way to effectively combat the Juggernaut. He is pretty restricted in where he can travel, so all the world's best military and scientific minds could try to discover some way of putting him down somewhere secluded, like a new super-manhattin project. Hell, Nimrod did it with sonic emissions, and we already have that technology.

spetznaz

hulk10
MilitarybanginJuggernaut.

spetznaz
Originally posted by hulk10
MilitarybanginJuggernaut.

And I agree. Completely.

The thing is, in the real world whenever a weaker opponent meets an immensely stronger foe, the weaker combatant simply decides not to engage directly but instead to use assymetric warfare.

Take Iraq.
If ALL the insurgents decided to take up their guns and get into a shooting battle with the US Military, whereby the terrorists/insurgents engage the military directly. What would happen?
By the end of the day all of those terrorists would be dead.
That simple. They would not survive the engagement.

However they know this. Which is why you see the use of IEDs, VBEDs, and even donkeys loaded with bombs.

Anytime a weaker opponent cannot engage a stronger one the weaker one ALWAYS resorts to assymetry. You can see this in Iraq, in Afghanistan, and in Israel).

Another tactic that has been used throughout history is for the weaker party to simply decide not to engage.
They simply evade, and only attack when the other group gets too close.

Take the case of the Romans.
A mighty empire that could never quite destroy all the Barbarians. Eventually Rome had weakened and guess who played a nice part in razing the city down?

Anyways, if the entire armies of the world decided to engage the Juggernaut ...as in marching against him, firing, finding out he cannot die, and they just keep on firing as Cain kills them ....then you are correct.

However in the real world the anti-Cain forces would face massive defeats at first, but then they would move to assymetry.
They would be mobile. Always moving, always dispersed, always blending. there would be no target.
They would hit hard at the people who decided to give up and become the servants of Cain (eg they would terrorise them ....and by this i mean nukes against the population centers occupied by the people who support Cain).
They would become radicalized, prefering death over subjugation by Cain.

Cain would never be able to finish them.

Now, Superman could do all that in a week.

quickshot
Has flash got literal spidey precog cos venom could end up spearing him through the back and flash wouldn't see it coming

Newjak
I'll try and address al the points made in one post.

I would like to point out that your idea invloves that Cain that people will fight with a lack of hope. I would like to point out that in all your scenarios that in fact there was hope.

For the Russians they had hope that they could last until Winter so that they could be saved by Mother Russia. Like they have done for centuries.

With the 300 Spartan's I would like to point out they had hope that they would delay the Persians long enough for the rest of Greece would unify in its defence. They succeeded in that regard.

Also I would like to point they always had hope because their enemies were mortal and killable.

I could point to one real life example to showcase a true point of hopelessness. That would be the fall of Contantinople at the hands of the Ottoman Turks. They had no hope of winning and thus when they were beaten they were ruled for how long.

Look at the forces of Genghis Khan. He ruled through fear for a long time. It wasn't until his forces were proven to be beatable they were over thrown.

The Veitcong had hope ebcause they knew if they lasted long enough the democratic nation of the US would grow tired of the war and send the troops home which is what happened.

Cain has no such weaknesses and he is immortal. He can destroy armies by himself just by punching the ground. Also he has no qualms about destroying whole villages/cities just to prove a point. Thin kabout entire families wipes out. Just like with the Ottoman Turks Cain's ruthlessness would keep people from wanting to raise up against him because they have no Hope of defeating him. Eventually nations will bow to him and the first time he gets hands on a nations resources it's game over. He would have an army to police. Plus Cain would have no restrictions on the use of force becuase unlike most dictators no one could actually dethrone him.

I would also like to point out that Cain isn't that imobile he can jump great distances. Also isn't like eh would be walking everywhere he could get transportation to take him anywhere.

Spez you raised an interesting scenario why wouldn't a government simply evacuate a city. These are a few things I would like to point out. For one the evacuation of a city takes many, many days accomplish. Also those people displaced would need to be provided with resources to accomdate such a large group of people.

Think about if they evacuated New York and all it's suburbs. Thats alot of people that need to be housed and clothed and fed. There are only so many resources someone can muster and it isn't like Cain is going to leave a city habitable once he gets there. Eventually people will start to starve and die from a lack of resources.

Also moving a large group of people is very slow when compared to moving one person. Cain should be able to easily catch up with any fleeing army and or civilians and once he managed to find his way to a large group of civilians and whiped them out what do you think the people of a nation are going to do. Better to serve under this man then be killed.

Basically what I'm saying is this it may take Cain decades to finally get all major forces out of his way be he can do it especialyl when he doesn't need to eat sleep and is completely sustained by Magical energies.

Also if you claim that insurgenies mean you haven't conquored the world then even Superman will never conqour the world. Why because people will always speak out against him. The only differnce between Cain and Superman is that what it would take Superman a few hours to do it may take Cain a few days.

Magee
But with multiple uprisings happening all over the world there is no way for cain to stop them all with out using military force and I doubt even that will work. Superman however could stop several of these uprisings all round the world in 10mins, light speed + heat vision = thousands dead in seconds. All cain has is his strength and non killableness which just wont be effective against the entire population of earth, cities yes, country's yes but there is no way he could control and maintain a peaceful earth they way Superman or GL could. However giving enough time (a lot of time) he could do it of course but the thread title is "who can take over our earth easiest".

Newjak
Originally posted by Magee
But with multiple uprisings happening all over the world there is no way for cain to stop them all with out using military force and I doubt even that will work. Superman however could stop several of these uprisings all round the world in 10mins, light speed + heat vision = thousands dead in seconds. All cain has is his strength and non killableness which just wont be effective against the entire population of earth, cities yes, country's yes but there is no way he could control and maintain a peaceful earth they way Superman or GL could. However giving enough time (a lot of time) he could do it of course but the thread title is "who can take over our earth easiest". I never said Cain would do it the fastest but as yourself have stated Cain would eventually do it so there is nothing left to say stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.