American Idol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

G U I T A R
I cant believe some of the people who come on this show and think they actually sing good. I do think simon can be harsh sometimes, but anyways who's watchnig the 2 hour special tonight!

Hidden Lotus
not me!
i only watch the beginning to see all the stupid ass people try to sing.
it is freakin HILARIOUS!

dirkdirden
It is in the beginning they suck ass. I ussually stop watching have the crap has been filtered out.

DeVi| D0do
You people do realise that half the stuff they show of the auditions is completely staged, right?

dirkdirden
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
You people do realise that half the stuff they show of the auditions is completely staged, right?

So is professional wrestling, movies, tv show, doesn't change the fact that it's funny as hell.

G U I T A R
Originally posted by Hidden Lotus
not me!
i only watch the beginning to see all the stupid ass people try to sing.
it is freakin HILARIOUS!

Thats whats on! And it's on next week to, they are still trying out for auditions!

allfg
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do

For real? Is there actually any proof, or is that just a hunch?

LORDSIDIOUS01
To me American Idol is somewhat staged. People tune in to see if Paula Abdul is "flying high" or "wiggin' out". They also tune in to watch no talented singers make fools of themselves. Don't forget they also watch to see if Simon will kick anyone off.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by allfg
For real? Is there actually any proof, or is that just a hunch?

My wife's friend audtioned in San Francisco for season 2.

You have to meet with like a panel and sing for them first, and maybe one more judge, before you meet Simon, Paula, and Randy.

So yeah, if you suck or have some stupid outfit on, they make the choice to let those people through for the laughs.

As for the actual competitors, don't you ever notice at the end when they go: "Along with 25 other hopefulls headed to Hollywood" and you see a quick flash of people with the golden tickets?

Most of them are who ends up in the finals.

I think of the top 10, usually only 4 or 5 get their "first" audition seen on air.

They usually pull those out near the end of the season when only 2 or 3 singers are left and they need to pad the show's running time. stick out tongue

G U I T A R
Tonight should be funny, they are showing all of the people that they couldnt show because of the time..Such as the really bad and embarrasing ones, and the really good ones. I never used to think that American Idol was staged until last season when they picked Taylor Hicks over I forget her name but shes had the looks and the voice so yeah....Taylor Hicks has gray hair...

LORDSIDIOUS01
Who will Simon badmouth tonight?

G U I T A R
EVERYONE!....Now the real (staged) show starts. smilesmilesmilesmilesmile

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by G U I T A R
EVERYONE!....Now the real (staged) show starts. smilesmilesmilesmilesmile [/QUOThanks for saying that.

allfg
So did anyone watch the final 24 episode? I'm personally rooting for Chris Richardson and Chris Sligh. And zomg, Alaina is HOT! Liek totally!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.